PDA

View Full Version : Anime avatar revolution

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 05:03 AM
now i know that there aren't many of us here but some ppl here love anime. as you can tell by my av i am a anime fan DBZ mainly. the ones that i know for sure are myself and -s/<itzo- i am currently makin serveral DBZ avatars in a gif format ( see my avatar for example). see my sig line for the av's them selves. i will update as i add more. viva la revolution

Rogue Nine
11-13-2002, 05:31 AM
Ugh. Pick a better anime.

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 05:41 AM
to me there is none better. i love DBZ. i also like Gundam WingX and Ronin Warriors that's bout it. i can't find any ronin warriors videos to make av's with. plus it says "Anime avatar revolution" not "Dragonball avatar revolution" any anime period. i'm not meanin to sound snobby you just make it seem that i only want DBZ fans to post here. but all anime fans are welcome to join the revolution.

Sarlacc Food
11-13-2002, 07:37 AM
??? u trying 2 make a revolution... like the matrix av's?

Sarlacc Food
11-13-2002, 07:41 AM
**** I HATE DRAGON BALL Z IT REALLT SUKCZ >:(
DAMN DBZ AND POKEMON IS LAME

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 07:43 AM
yes as a matter of fact i am i know it's pretty much useless but it's worth a try. and if you don't like dbz just ANIME IN GENERAL cool but if not then why'd you come in the thread...hehe

gotcha

Sarlacc Food
11-13-2002, 07:46 AM
dont know i just did but i aint having no dbz avatar

Datheus
11-13-2002, 07:49 AM
Now... I like DBZ too... And I don't like people who don't call it real anime (Although DB was better...) but still... I'm gonna say this, because it needs to be said:

Watch some anime that isn't on Cartoon Network's Toonami...

Sarlacc Food
11-13-2002, 07:51 AM
!!!! the two last post was my cousin!

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 07:54 AM
i never said u had to have a DBZ avatar those are some i made for ppl to use if they want to. Datheus i don't watch cartoon network Toonami. i watch the Jap eps with eng subs. this thread is for Anime Revolution not hate on DBZ just cuz u don't like. face it we all like diff types of anime am i right. like some ppl like cowboy Bebop i don't. i like the uncut Escaflowne.

PhantomHelix
11-13-2002, 08:50 AM
i love DBZ! its a great show......unfortunately, i just got a new avatar that leXX made, and its not fair not to use it when she did back-breaking labor to make it for me

im exagerating a little here.............:D

good to see there is another fan here! :D

MaulerZ
11-13-2002, 09:12 AM
Dont forget about me and the one I made :D

Eldritch
11-13-2002, 10:46 AM
Hmm... as I gaze into my crystal ball, I see that this so-called revolution (and it's accompanying thread) will be short lived.

Originally posted by MysticSpace
and if you don't like dbz just ANIME IN GENERAL cool but if not then why'd you come in the thread...hehe

gotcha

He came in here to insult it... no-brainer there. I'm not a fan of anime myself but I really can't stand DBZ. Even the name is retarded.

Woodrodius
11-13-2002, 11:25 AM
DBZ is a fun anime, if for nothing else, because the characters are so strong. Ronin warriors was the weakest anime ever, no story, the characters were pretty dull, the fighting was lame, and it looks like they used about 5 markers for the whole show.

Kstar__2
11-13-2002, 11:35 AM
hmm, i don't really like anime, but i like watching to DBZ sometimes. if you want an Anime av revolution, i support you, but i won't change my av. man that sounded fake, i should be a politician:D

Mex
11-13-2002, 12:02 PM
Dont like DBZ :(

Choose a better anime..... Then I'll join :p

Pad
11-13-2002, 01:01 PM
its not my kind of movie/series. but im not gonne flame it ;)
evrybody has their taste and u should accept it.

hey mysticspade, u think u could use the [SIZE=1 ] [/SIZE ] tags for ur sig? it makes it a bit shorter and its better, believe me.

Eldritch
11-13-2002, 01:03 PM
I asked him if he knew how to do that in another thread... also asked if he knew how to make the links clickable and give them a title. Don't know if he's read it yet, though...

Elijah
11-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Sarlacc Food
**** I HATE DRAGON BALL Z IT REALLT SUKCZ >:(
DAMN DBZ AND POKEMON IS LAME

Well Wow! i looked around and I dont see any...

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 03:31 PM
yeah again DBZ is just the anime that i'll be usin as my AV setup. but again this is not a DBZ avatar revolution. it's an anime avatar revolution. anything from yu yu hakasho to hamtaro for all i care as long as it's anime. and Padanime i have no idea what u r talkin bout with the SIZE=1 thing.

Kururin
11-13-2002, 03:57 PM
MysticSpade
Did your gifs come from a DBZ game?

Phizzle
11-13-2002, 04:01 PM
Yay I'm part of two revolutions.....(you can hardly see the coding because Gohan's big a$$ head

Kururin
11-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Wow so am I! Pimp Daddy Krillin

PhantomHelix
11-13-2002, 04:41 PM
welll, i wish i could join, its just that i got a brandnew av, and i dont want to change yet. but i love anime. so does that count? :D

Pad
11-13-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by MysticSpade
yeah again DBZ is just the anime that i'll be usin as my AV setup. but again this is not a DBZ avatar revolution. it's an anime avatar revolution. anything from yu yu hakasho to hamtaro for all i care as long as it's anime. and Padanime i have no idea what u r talkin bout with the SIZE=1 thing.

just put that code in front and at the end of ur sig and then it will be size 1 which is smaller and better. like my sig.

do to it: [ size=1 ] bla bla [ /size ] without the spaces. or push the size, small above.

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 05:44 PM
alright i gotcha will do. cuz it does take up a bit of room right now don't it.

Kururin
11-13-2002, 05:48 PM
and why dont u make it clickable instead of copying and pasting.

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 05:51 PM
i tried but it won't let me that was my idea at first but it was foiled in the process

Datheus
11-13-2002, 06:26 PM
Here... you can use this in your profile... drop me a line on AIM (screen name is Datheus) and I can give you the code... I don't think there is a way for me to turn off the vB code for my post :(

Here are a few DBZ av's for anyone to use. These are my brand-spankin' new ones! All I ask is to give credit in their sig

Cell (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/cell.gif)
Gohan Headbutting (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/gohan_fly.gif)
Tien (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/tien.gif)
Vegeta (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/vegeta.gif)
Vegeta Fire (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/vegeta_fire.gif)
Piccilo (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/makkankosappo.gif)
Gohan (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/gohan_power.gif)
Goku (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/goku_power.gif)
Father and Son (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/gohan_goku_bye.gif)
Freeza (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/freeza.gif)
Freeza 2 (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/freeza_anim.gif)
Krillin (http://www.8ung.at/thefoxhole/anime/dbz/krillin.gif)

What do you think? of course, it wouldn't be bold and italic like that, it's just like that so it will stand out :)

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 07:13 PM
ok i did it i'm late postin here but i did it.

Guardian Omega
11-13-2002, 07:43 PM
Heheheh.

Points to avatar

Gundam X, I believe the Double X or X Divider. (Now if I only can find a V2 Gundam one.............)

To Rogue Nine: I KNEW someone would say that. A bunch of anime fans I see on boards, I can always bet a bunch hate DBZ, although it's their reasons.

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-13-2002, 07:48 PM
I am in full support of the anime thing cuz i think this matrix thing is pretty gay. I have a ryu avatar. I know its not anime but it IS japanese. Does it qualify? And are you gonna make a background for my avatar?

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 07:55 PM
yeah it qualifies but just let me what you want me to add and i'll try but as u can see i'm only good at gif format av's so far. but i'll try my best.

ckcsaber
11-13-2002, 07:58 PM
I just got a new avi. Its drawn anime style but its not from any series. Its a fan art drawing of Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time.

So I guess I'm in your revolution

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 08:19 PM
that's good to hear. anime styling is good. but i've never heard of what you are talkin about.

also yes i made my av's from the trailer for DBZ Budokai on PS2.

whitedragon
11-13-2002, 08:48 PM
im part of 2 revolutions at the same time :cool:

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 09:19 PM
two of a good thing is a greater thing but i don't want a matrix style AV.

Kururin
11-13-2002, 09:57 PM
No matrix?

Goodbye!

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 10:03 PM
by my last post i meant that I do not want a Matrix style AV for my own use.

Dath Maximus
11-13-2002, 11:31 PM
so who likes my new av?
huh?

*heres whispers*

ohh umm, oops, wrong av *deletes the bad av that no one should see*

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 11:34 PM
lookin good. but you need to resize your 3rd frame to match the size of the others. if you look on the bottom of the av, you can see the 2nd frame a lil still.

Dath Maximus
11-13-2002, 11:38 PM
yeah i had to edit one already

MysticSpade
11-13-2002, 11:40 PM
if you have any clips of vegeta that you want done i'll do em for ya.

-s/<itzo-
11-14-2002, 11:56 AM
Does it have to be DB avs or any anime.

if you guys are wondering, i got mine from Rurouni Kenshin. My fav anime.

so what do you guys think.

MysticSpade
11-14-2002, 03:14 PM
i like i thinks pretty sweet. so -s/<itzo- do u think i've done well on my av's. also you Ryu was bad@$$ man.

-s/<itzo-
11-14-2002, 05:47 PM
it's lookin great. it gettin better and better.

we gotta stop this matrix revolution. it's gettin pretty annoyin.

all you anime fans out there, common and support us.

i'm makin a bunch of avs so if you guys have any suggestions, drop me a line. and i'll see what i can do.

MysticSpade
11-14-2002, 06:00 PM
yes we need to give these matrix foos a run for their money.

also s/<itzo most ppl like my krillin or my picollo avs. they say those are the best. i made a few that i don't advertise so i can use them for personal use.

Elessar-Eärfalas
11-14-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by -s/&lt;itzo-

....k this is gettin kinda stupid people. its like you guys are fighting over the better "revolution" lol. people r gonna use wutever avs they want and i dont think we want the swamp to become just some big fight over different av revolutions. personally, im not really into the whole Revolution thing, Matrix, or Anime, ill just keep the av i got rite now. but it will be sad if people start fightin over stupid avs.
thats my 2 cents.

Phizzle
11-14-2002, 06:35 PM
Damn, that's annoying (that two cents crap) I would rather throw in ten bucks.

I made a new avatar with matrix and anime again.

-s/<itzo-
11-14-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by dAno

....k this is gettin kinda stupid people. its like you guys are fighting over the better "revolution" lol. people r gonna use wutever avs they want and i dont think we want the swamp to become just some big fight over different av revolutions. personally, im not really into the whole Revolution thing, Matrix, or Anime, ill just keep the av i got rite now. but it will be sad if people start fightin over stupid avs.
thats my 2 cents.

damn it's not that serious. where not fighting over anything. it just seems like everybody is part of the matrix rev.
and i taught it would be cool if we started our own. and i know it won't be as big as the matrix revolution but i taught we should still give it a shot and see what happens. i just wanted to put anime on the map. let it be known, you know what i'm saying.

this is not a competition so don't get it twisted.

so relax have a coke and a smile:D

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-14-2002, 08:19 PM
damn it's not that serious. where not fighting over anything. it just seems like everybody is part of the matrix rev.
and i taught it would be cool if we started our own. and i know it won't be as big as the matrix revolution but i taught we should still give it a shot and see what happens. i just wanted to put anime on the map. let it be known, you know what i'm saying.

this is not a competition so don't get it twisted.

so relax have a coke and a smile:D

Thats right...but have a Pepsi instead!:D

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-14-2002, 10:26 PM
I'm sporting the Vash the Stampede avatar from Trigun.

I added the maTRix code to cover all the revolutions.

I like the Tien-shin Han av, btw :cool:

Arreat
11-14-2002, 11:09 PM
omg... y u guys arguing over which avvy revolution is better??
you guys are acting like lil kids...anywayz i gotta admit the truth about both of thses revolutions...

DBZ- not so great avvys (sry but i gotta admit)
matrix- VERY IGNORANT THERE WAS ONE TIME WHERE I WANTED TO BE IN IT BUT THEN Y"ALL WERE JUST IGNORING ME!!... so thats when i thought ah what the heck i'd rather unique and not be in EITHER revolution ... its pointless

edit: i just read yoda's post

mswanmmiv
11-14-2002, 11:21 PM
ANPANMAN FOREVER!!!!! ( It's a Japanese kid's show; take a peep at my av )

MysticSpade
11-14-2002, 11:48 PM
FORX thas cool if you don't like my av's heck i 've only been doin 'em for 3 days.

chief i'm glad you like my Tien av.

but all this revolution is to give anime fans somethin be a part of. it's either matrix or us. this is just a place to let ppl know HEY I LIKE ANIME. but i will admit some of my av's suck. but alot of ppl like also. so it anyone's opinion on what's good or not.

MysticSpade
11-15-2002, 05:24 PM
bitty bitty

BUMP

BUMP

Mex
11-15-2002, 05:39 PM
I cant really be bothered to join a revolution...

Theyre just avatars! Nothing special really. :p

MysticSpade
11-15-2002, 05:42 PM
exactly, that's all we do. we let ppl know we like anime and is d*mn proud of it. but we make av's for ppl to use too. but basically it's all in good fun.

-s/<itzo-
11-15-2002, 05:49 PM
m___omaister, i mean flanders, hold on now its Abarath.

damn dude you changed your name 3 times already in a month.

you get your name changed more than michael jackson gets his nose fix.

this time stick with it.

MysticSpade
11-15-2002, 05:59 PM
i've had this name since 1 year now, on every forums site i got to. and it's my callsign in JK2

XERXES
11-15-2002, 06:21 PM
"lets try that again shinji...ok?"

"position target in center, pull the trigger. position target in center, pull the trigger. position target in center, pull the trigger. position target in center, pull the trigger."

"eva unit 1 has gone into beserker rage!! its! eating the angel! and devouring its S2 engine! those plates werent just armor....they were also to contain evas true form..."

Elessar-Eärfalas
11-15-2002, 06:28 PM
guys im not complaining about how i think anime sux and about u gyus fightin. i think whatever av u wanna use then use it if u like it. its just when you make stupid comments like this:
and:
its just kinda showin that u guys think that anime is "better" then matrix or anyone elses av...and that u got somethin against them.

XERXES
11-15-2002, 06:29 PM
i like my shinji, its unique...easy to distinguish from everybody elses avatar (unless somebody else has a shinji one also)

and he somewhat looks like me too

MysticSpade
11-16-2002, 12:14 AM
guys im not complaining about how i think anime sux and about u gyus fightin. i think whatever av u wanna use then use it if u like it. its just when you make stupid comments like this:
and:
its just kinda showin that u guys think that anime is "better" then matrix or anyone elses av...and that u got somethin against them.

if you'd read every post instead of summin it up, you'd see that we are jokin. also read my post in the "revolutions need to stop" thread. if anyone is actually takin this whole revolution thing serious they got a screw loose. all we do is make av's whoopy dee doo. just read every post before you try to say that we think we are better than anyone else. we have explained this many times in this thread and others as well.

mswanmmiv
11-16-2002, 01:09 AM
Whoa! I like your new av, dude!

Have you picked up the latest Gamepro? There's a feature on DBZ: Budokai, a DBZ fighting game that's gonna be released on PS2 this Christmas!

MysticSpade
11-16-2002, 01:13 AM
thx i'm glad u like it, it's made from one of the gameplay segments on one of the trailers ( took me 5 minutes ). al of my AV's linked in my sig i made from the infogrames Budokai trailer. it comes out on Dec. 4th in the US and i have mine reserved already

YEAH BABY!!!!

i've read every review by the beta testers and so far nothin bad has been said so i'm REALLY lookin forward to it.

mswanmmiv
11-16-2002, 01:19 AM
Sweet! Yeah, I just picked up the Gamepro and wished (almost) that I had a PS2! I don't even like DBZ that much, but Budokai looks cool!

MysticSpade
11-16-2002, 01:23 AM
here's a REALLY sad thing

i don't even own a PS2 i just want to insure that i will have my very own copy. cuz these will be flyin off the walls. but mines reserved so they have to hold it for me. all i have to do now is come up with the $50 to buy it when i comes out.

hehe

mswanmmiv
11-16-2002, 01:28 AM
LOL! That's funny, M_S! Maybe you'll be able to play it at a friend's house or something! That's what I call a fan! You go get a game even if you don't have the system! Either a fan or a psycho... naw, j/k.

MysticSpade
11-16-2002, 01:30 AM
i'd say i'm a lil of both...
but i'm gettin my PS2 either late Dec. or early Jan for free it's just the wait that's killin me. but i have a friend that i can play it over at his house. but if you couldn't tell already i'ma big DBZ fan. always have been always will be.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-16-2002, 03:54 AM
This is where we were at in July

My old page with some avatar designs (http://raabase.tripod.com/avatar.html)

MysticSpade
11-16-2002, 04:19 AM
ya know i hate to say it. but most of the ones i saw were matrix av's. cool none the less. but wrong thread hehe. but chi3f
your av
ROCKS!!!
the scrollin with your name is just cool as h*ll

-s/<itzo-
11-16-2002, 09:45 PM
WOW...i've been seeing a bunch of people with anime related avs lately.
i'm glad that it's doing great.

-=Chi3f=- your trigun avs looks great.
http://www.moonroses.net/sibling/trigun/animated1/04v.gif

Elijah
11-16-2002, 09:50 PM
nice avatar Chi3f... abit big though.

JandoFett1842
11-16-2002, 09:51 PM
i am planing on making a combanation of a animated dbz and animated matrix one in the neer future

hey mystic, thats from the new DBZ game for PS2 right?

MysticSpade
11-17-2002, 08:26 PM
that's right. it is. all my av's are from the new DBZ game.

Elessar-Eärfalas
11-17-2002, 08:44 PM
so are you guys stopping this revolution like the matrix one?

-s/<itzo-
11-17-2002, 08:48 PM
does it seem like it...

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-17-2002, 09:05 PM
so are you guys stopping this revolution like the matrix one?

Well, if it's like that. Matrix is one movie where as Anime is huge. PPL can like both and besides, anime avatars aren't limited to one idea. Let's stop worrying about REVOLUTIONS and let's just talk about anime.

I could live with that :p :D

MysticSpade
11-17-2002, 09:06 PM
no we are not stoppin this revolution. cuz technically it's not a "revolution" perse (per*s*a). this is a place for anime fans to come to. plus the matrix ppl got their website goin. so they'll be there.

Elessar-Eärfalas
11-17-2002, 10:05 PM
thats kool, i got nothing against this stuff, i was jsut wonderin so i asked....:)

MysticSpade
11-19-2002, 04:46 PM
b.............................................UMP

XERXES
11-19-2002, 04:59 PM
any of you guys like anime OUTSIDE of dragon ball z, cowboy bebop, vash the stampede and gundam?

such as evangelion, ghost in the shell and many many many others im sure you guys have neverheard of.....

MysticSpade
11-19-2002, 05:07 PM
i think i'm the only DBZ fan here, but i like Gundam Wing X, Bastardy, Vampire Hunter D, Escaflowne, Ronin Warriors, bubble gum crisis, and Ghost in the shell was just plain bad@$$.

XERXES
11-19-2002, 05:15 PM
what about Witch Hunter Robin?

Darklighter
11-19-2002, 05:17 PM
Well guys, looks like I've joined the Revolution without even knowing it;)lol

You guys like my av?:)

XERXES
11-19-2002, 05:17 PM
i think the character art in gundamn is just hideous.

MysticSpade
11-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Well guys, looks like I've joined the Revolution without even knowing it;)lol

You guys like my av?:)

Brave Fencer Musashi very cool Darky

and XERXES never heard of witch hunter robin. and i don't disagree with ya on the character art. it is a bit horrid.

XERXES
11-19-2002, 06:25 PM

and XERXES never heard of witch hunter robin. its a new series in japan....very very well done. Almost nobody has heard of it.....yet

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-20-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
any of you guys like anime OUTSIDE of dragon ball z, cowboy bebop, vash the stampede and gundam?

such as evangelion, ghost in the shell and many many many others im sure you guys have neverheard of.....

First off it's Trigun, not Vash the stampede. And yes I love a lot of anime (though Hamtaro scares me).

I grew up watching macross (Robotec) then on to Akira, Evangelon, Escloflone, Ghost in the Shell, DB, DBZ, Vampire Hunter D, Bastard, BGC, Record of Lodoss, Ninja Scroll, Cowboy Bebop, outlaw star, gundam series, Pilot candidate, Yu-Yu Hakesho, and everything in between.

I've been drawing for so many years that I could watch and enjoy almost any series. I like the challenge of drawing anime.

Darklighter
11-20-2002, 12:47 PM
I'm actually not into anime that much. I've seem DBZ once or twice, and Ghost in the Shell was just damn cool:Dlol

I made my Mushashiden avatar because I spotted a wallpaper featuring that guy, and thought it would make a good avatar:)

-s/<itzo-
11-20-2002, 12:52 PM
right now my fav is Rurouni Kenshin.

Others that i've watched: Cowboy Bebop, Battle Angel, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Princess Mononoke, Vampire D, Ninja Scroll, Blood the Last Vampire, The Wolf Brigade and Street Fighter those are just a few i can name from the top of my head right now. i can't even count on how many anime i've watch over the years.

-=Chi3f=- i like drawing anime also. i wish i knew how to post my drawings on the web. i have lots.

i'm might consider it as a career. seriously, i can draw. i've been top of my art class since i was a kindergarten.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-20-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by -s/&lt;itzo-
right now my fav is Rurouni Kenshin.

Others that i've watched: Cowboy Bebop, Battle Angel, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Princess Mononoke, Vampire D, Ninja Scroll, Blood the Last Vampire, The Wolf Brigade and Street Fighter those are just a few i can name from the top of my head right now. i can't even count on how many anime i've watch over the years.

-=Chi3f=- i like drawing anime also. i wish i knew how to post my drawings on the web. i have lots.

i'm might consider it as a career. seriously, i can draw. i've been top of my art class since i was a kindergarten.

That gives us something in common. I won many awards for art work. I took Regionals a couple times in Reflections for best art.

I started working on comic books when I was six. My first was a comedic space adventure with some interesting charecters (cmon I was only six). Later, after I got blown away by anime, I put down the Marel comics and started to draw Macross.

My minor is in graphic arts, but I'm thinking of changing it to a more personal freehand style of art. I really love to draw, especially things that are tough and intracite. I have a friend from school that's really good went to the Arts Academy in San Francisco. I guess he's doing architectural on the side while he animates for some company. He loves his job and he's doing what he loves. Makes me think about my career objectives too, lol

BTW: I had no idea that was Rurouni Kenshin! That's awesome!

Mex
11-20-2002, 01:20 PM
I dont watch Anime's, because in UK, there isnt much on, and if there is, I dont know about it, and I dont know what time or day its on, and if anyone can give me information, i'll watch it! :D

-s/<itzo-
11-20-2002, 01:20 PM
as a kid i've always been told i had talent. i remember when i was in kindergarten i drew Egon Spengler from ghostbusters (remember him) on the black board and i heard the ooohs and ahhhs sound from the students and say "how can you draw like that, you're in kindergarten." cuz you know how everybody was drawing stick figures. and in highschool sometimes when i doodle people seem to crowd over me. watching how i draw, i got used to that. i'm not trying to sound conceited and all but what i said really happened to me.

comic books had influence on me too. from Hulk to x-men. i drew all of them.

-s/<itzo-
11-20-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Abarath
I dont watch Anime's, because in UK, there isnt much on, and if there is, I dont know about it, and I dont know what time or day its on, and if anyone can give me information, i'll watch it! :D

i don't watch anime on regular tv programs. you got to buy them or if you want to save some money the smartest thing you can do is downloading them from Kazaa. thats were i get most of mine from.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-20-2002, 01:26 PM
Lol, that brings back memories (especially ghostbusters and Egon)

In highschool I was always asked to draw naked people for friends, seriously. That and wolverine, spidey, and charicatures were the biggest requests.

I'm making a comic strip about the swamp. Maybe you could help. If you have any ideas you can mail them to me.

PhantomHelix
11-20-2002, 01:38 PM
i think i'm the only DBZ fan here, but i like Gundam Wing X, Bastardy, Vampire Hunter D, Escaflowne, Ronin Warriors, bubble gum crisis, and Ghost in the shell was just plain bad@$$.

naw, im a huge DBZ fan as well. and at the moment, im showing Darklighter the beauty of DBZ :lol:

i...must....say....this: HAMTARO SUX SO BAD! ok, im all good now...

well, im part of this as well

<----------check my FF8 av

Darklighter
11-20-2002, 02:45 PM
Well, technically FF isn't anime...

...but it's close enough;)lol

PhantomHelix
11-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Well, technically FF isn't anime...

...but it's close enough;)lol

actually, you are incorrect, my friend. anime is defined as japanese animation.......and Final Fantasy is made by Japanese artists, and is done in the design of Japanese art, therefore, it is anime........

I win! wheres my $.02?

-s/<itzo-
11-20-2002, 10:13 PM
FF is considered an anime. PhantomHelix is correct.

that sounds good -=Chi3f=-. i would like to help.

Dath Maximus
11-20-2002, 10:20 PM
i think i'm the only DBZ fan here,

BAH!

are thou blind? look at me avatar!

i mean come on! who would have all the various vegetas with Mr. Satan thrown in?

MysticSpade
11-20-2002, 10:38 PM
well the vegetas i can handle but Mr. Satan. i hate him, he's only in the show for comic relief. you like my new Vegeta av.

Darklighter
11-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by PhantomHelix

actually, you are incorrect, my friend. anime is defined as japanese animation.......and Final Fantasy is made by Japanese artists, and is done in the design of Japanese art, therefore, it is anime........

I win! wheres my $.02?

...umm, Phantom...

*draws gun and points it at Phantom's head*

...who's right now, punk?:mad:

:p lol

I'd like to see more anime, but sadly, it is never ever shown over in the UK:(That's why it is more popular with you Japanese and US guys.

MysticSpade
11-20-2002, 11:53 PM
i don't really watch it on TV anymore i just buy the DVD's now. cuz they cut WAY too much stuff out of it. here's an example

Vegeta- Mind you f*ckin business Kakarrotto
US Version- Stupid fool

catch my drift.

-s/<itzo-
11-20-2002, 11:58 PM
.:werd:.

good point mysticspade. and also they delete the scenes where its too violent. like blood they don't really show that in the tv series.

MysticSpade
11-21-2002, 12:15 AM
plus they use that digital paint brush crap. on one of the recent DBZ episodes where Mr. Satan was walkin there was a sign that said "Beer" they digitally painted "Root" right above it. i hate that stuff. at least in Japan they show the animes full force no editing done to 'em.

-s/<itzo-
11-21-2002, 07:22 PM
i think they censored some scenes cuz alot of kidz watch it. but doing this it really misses the essence of the actual episode.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-21-2002, 07:39 PM
plus they use that digital paint brush crap. on one of the recent DBZ episodes where Mr. Satan was walkin there was a sign that said "Beer" they digitally painted "Root" right above it. i hate that stuff. at least in Japan they show the animes full force no editing done to 'em.

That's what's cool about the US version, it sux goat balls (woops didn't mean to say that aloud)

I watched the first 200 episodes of DBZ on Cartoon Network and wasn't too impressed. Then I saw them again at a friends house in the original japanese style. It was awesome! Very bloody and gruesome! And lot's of profanity, the way it should be....mwuuuaaah ha ha ha.

And yes FF is anime, there's no doubt about that. There are different forms and styles. Each artist has his own touch. From seriously hardcore Ninja scroll to the wacky but cool Trigun. And then there's Sailor Moon.... :naughty:

Bob Gnarly
11-21-2002, 07:44 PM
another revolution....................
CAN I JOIN :)!

Dark Warrior
11-21-2002, 07:51 PM
Hey Mystic Spade, I'm tempted to join your revolution. I really like DBZ and i agree 100%, they cut too much out of the american versions. Anyway, I was wondering which avatars are available and that I would really like a SSJ2 Gohan. Thanx!

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-21-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by KingPin
another revolution....................
CAN I JOIN :)!

The revolution will not be televised!

I've always wanted to say that here, lol. We did a Trigun movement in June. I was the cat. We had about 20 ppl, of which only one is still here, me. :D

Bob Gnarly
11-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by -=Chi3f=-

The revolution will not be televised!

I've always wanted to say that here, lol. We did a Trigun movement in June. I was the cat. We had about 20 ppl, of which only one is still here, me. :D

hmmmm well........thats................

Acrylic
11-21-2002, 09:00 PM
Exactly what KIND of stuff do they cutt from the AMerican versions of DBZ?

-s/<itzo-
11-21-2002, 09:10 PM
mostly the scenes where its too violent. and also edit profanities.

it's like watching a rated R movie on basic channels. how they edit cursing, nudity, violence, etc.....

MysticSpade
11-21-2002, 11:14 PM
well all of my avatars anyone can use as long as you give me credit in your sig line. and all the links in my sig are avatars for use. just click on it and you will have a avatar to look. there is a SSJ-2 gohan in the bunch.