View Full Version : the shader for spiffy lights...

11-13-2002, 01:33 PM
I forget what kind of lighting it is called, vertex lighting is it? I finally got RtCW rad. working, so now I can copy what ever shader I need for that kind of lighting. problem is, I forgot what the shader is called. Anyone know which one it is and how to get JOrad to read it? Do i just need to copy it to my shader file?

11-13-2002, 02:12 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. Can you give me an example (maybe name a map) of what you mean?

11-13-2002, 03:17 PM
auctually i was told JO dosn't use it, but I could copy a shader from RtCW because that does. included is an image of what it looks like on RtCWradiant. the shader is what I want, but I'm not sure if thats the right one. What it looks like in a level is a beam of light shining out of the light. can't think of how else to discribe it, sry if that makes no sense. I'll see if I can find a picture of it somewhere if that doesn't make sense...
here is a link to the picturehttp://www.geocities.com/igf_redvan/levelshots.html

11-13-2002, 03:20 PM
oops ok now it's not connect to the word "picture"lol

11-13-2002, 04:43 PM
Aha, i know what you mean. You mean a light beam shader. That's not really a light of any kind. It's just a shader that simulates a light beam.

I made a pack full of them for Shadriss a while back. Not sure if i still have it, but maybe he still has it and can post it here (hint to Shadriss!!)

JK2 doesn't use any light beam shaders in the game, but i think that's just question of tatste or style on Raven's part. Perhaps they don't like the effect. Some custom map's have used them. Ente's Padstation is full of them.

11-13-2002, 04:56 PM
spiffy! yeah, post them here if you can! Or Shadriss. Thanks a bunch!