PDA

View Full Version : The Revolutions Need to Stop!

PhantomHelix
11-15-2002, 03:44 PM
listen everyone: these revolutions have gotta stop. im friends with members of both the anime and the matrix revolution. im friends with leXX, Leemu Taos, Jedi220, and others from the Matrix Revolution. Im also friends with MaulerZ, GorganFloss, and MysticSpade of the anime revolution. i dont wanna choose sides because it will tear me apart. i hate having to choose between friends. please stop the revolutions. if it continues, the swamp will tear in two if it doesnt die out soon......

thank you.

ckcsaber
11-15-2002, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't take it that far...

Arreat
11-15-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by PhantomHelix
listen everyone: these revolutions have gotta stop. im friends with members of both the anime and the matrix revolution. im friends with leXX, Leemu Taos, Jedi220, and others from the Matrix Revolution. Im also friends with MaulerZ, GorganFloss, and MysticSpade of the anime revolution. i dont wanna choose sides because it will tear me apart. i hate having to choose between friends. please stop the revolutions. if it continues, the swamp will tear in two if it doesnt die out soon......

thank you.

i agree... honestly these avatar revolution things were cool the 1st week it started but now its just pathetic

leXX
11-15-2002, 03:55 PM
It will die eventually like everything else. I think you and a few others are taking it too seriously. Noone is forcing you to join any of the revolutions, if you don't want to be part of them, don't be, noone is gonna think any less of you! It's all just a bit of harmless fun, but I certainly don't want anyone to think I will be pissed off at them for not joining or likewise for leaving. Give it time. ;)

Skate Boy
11-15-2002, 03:55 PM
I suggest you just stay independent. Make your own "Independent av" revolution or something.:D

PhantomHelix
11-15-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
I wouldn't take it that far...

i dont understand what you mean by too far.....i have friends on both sides, and i dont want to take a side, and soon the swamp will be totally divided. i dont want it to be that way. i hope others agree.

Pad
hmm, im also a friend of a lot of ppl in the swamp (i think :p) and i don think its cuttin the swamp in half. im a matrix kinda guy but i dont really care if ppl like anime better. im the last person to bad mouth those ppl. the only thing i dont like is ppl talkin crap about us. im sure this revolution will wear of when time goes by. maybe some ppl take this revolution thing to serious, its just for fun u know.

and i think there r always things ppl dont agree about. we r different. DUH! so we should stop talkin and makin avs? i think not. lets all be friends.;)

-edit- when i started to type a post there was no answer and look now :eek:

MysticSpade
dang Phantom....it's not like that. are revolutions aren't us or them. we thought we should start the anime revolution to give anime fans somewhere to go. but many ppl are in both. with anime characters and the scrollin matrix coding behind the pic. or look at chiefs avatar it's pretty in genius. u don't have to join either it's up to you. but our revolution is to let ppl know that there are anime fans here besides themself. hope this helps phantom.

ckcsaber
11-15-2002, 03:57 PM
It'll just die out in time as LeXX said. Don't worry

PhantomHelix
11-15-2002, 03:58 PM
holy crap. i pressed the reply button and two more ppl had written really long messages..... :lol:

i guess i am overreacting too much. sry everyone. guess te stress of the week got to me. i apologize....

Clem
11-15-2002, 03:58 PM
<sets up " GET YER OWN IDEAS " av revolution>

:)

:eyeraise:

Pad
11-15-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by UsetheFORX

i agree... honestly these avatar revolution things were cool the 1st week it started but now its just pathetic
pathetic eey, UsetheFORX. i found a RECENT post of u askin we could make u a matrix av :xp:
no bad feelings tho

PhantomHelix
11-15-2002, 04:00 PM
yeah, chi3f's avatar is sweet. wish i had one like that. that would be cool. maybe he can make me one. since this thread's topic is stupid, i have a better idea. chi3f brought up an idea b4 to me, and i decided to modify it a little.

how about, for the LFJA, masters and apprentices have avatars that contain te same element to show that they are being trained or are training a certain person.

what do you think?

PhantomHelix
11-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Padanime

pathetic eey. i found a RECENT post of u askin we could make u a matrix av :xp:
no bad feelings tho

pad, that was b4 there was another revolution. ok, topic done. go look at my previous post here for the new topic of this thread....

XERXES
11-15-2002, 04:04 PM
theres an anime revolution, i wasnt aware of this...

i just like shinji :D

-s/<itzo-
11-15-2002, 04:08 PM
it's not even a competition more like a club.

it's not that serious.

Bob Gnarly
11-15-2002, 04:09 PM
yes because this is a serious problem :P

-s/<itzo-
11-15-2002, 04:12 PM
~.^ can you explain???????

Bob Gnarly
11-15-2002, 04:13 PM
it was sarcasim

Darklighter
11-15-2002, 04:14 PM
I'm not bothered really...I have a Matrix avatar because I thought it looked cool...it doesn't effect anything else...we are not setting up gangs on here lol, just making avatars that we like.

MysticSpade
11-15-2002, 04:15 PM
i don't see how ppl can take this seriously. it's on a forums site.
in short my pal -s/<itzo- said it, they're more like clubs. you can be in both, you aren't forced to joined cuz your friends are in both. it's just to let know that ppl like the same stuff you do.
(but i'm alone here cuz ppl flame DBZ every chance they get)

and phantom it's cool that you consider me a friend.

Pad
11-15-2002, 04:16 PM
can u ppl stop thinkin serious about it, please?:)
its just for fun. now stop sayin it is serious OR it might get out of hand.

and maybe thats a good idea phantom, master-padawan same av.;)

-s/<itzo-
11-15-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by KingPin
it was sarcasim

i still don't understand what you are saying.

sarcasim is the reason why its a problem???????

common man be more specific.

leXX
11-15-2002, 04:18 PM
no he means he was being siarcastic.

Pad
it was just a joke about the whole thing.
:p

*slaps kingpin*
:D

Bob Gnarly
GOD

this is what i mean
can u ppl stop thinkin serious about it, please?

errrr :rolleyes:

-s/<itzo-
11-15-2002, 04:19 PM
ohh i got it....

i'm kinda slow, sorry.

thanx everybody for breakin it down for me.

Bob Gnarly
11-15-2002, 04:23 PM
you might be slow but your cool avatar makes up for that :D

Bob Gnarly
11-15-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Padanime
it was just a joke about the whole thing.
:p

*slaps kingpin*
:D

ouch

Taos
11-15-2002, 06:06 PM
I just did it for fun......I don't think it's "dividing the swamp." I think issues like the "creationism/darwinism" thread divided the swamp......not the stupid avatars that ppl have. :D

Clem
11-15-2002, 06:10 PM
it is however annoying cos it makes peoples avs hard to tell apart

they all look much of a muchness which is bad ... m'kay :)

MaulerZ
11-15-2002, 06:14 PM
No worrys I chose wisefully :D

whitedragon
11-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by PhantomHelix

thank you.
well im members of both
cool huh

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-15-2002, 06:48 PM
i think they need to stop.....

Eldritch
11-15-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by UsetheFORX

Weren't you in the Matrix Revolution thread a couple of days ago asking for an avatar? ;)

DiRtY $oUtH™
11-15-2002, 07:07 PM
they are very pathetic....they demonstrate the lack of individuality and uniqueness of all those who participated in them. Avatars are supposed to be unique and an expression of yourself.

Tyrion
11-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Darth Yoda85
they are very pathetic....they demonstrate the lack of individuality and uniqueness of all those who participated in them. Avatars are supposed to be unique and an expression of yourself.

Hmm? I participate in revolutions because I want to. I liked the sunglasses revolution, and I am not too sure about the Matrix. I dont go blantly into a revolution becuase everyone else is doing it. That is pathetic if they do though.

Darklighter
11-15-2002, 07:16 PM
Avatars are not 'supposed' to be anything: they can be whatever the user chooses it to be. I have joined in the Matrix revolution, not because I am 'pathetic', but because it is fun. Is that pathetic?

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-15-2002, 07:52 PM
FART!

sorry I thought this was another thread.

I'm starting a new revolution called the I hate revolutions. Join my revolution to express how much you hate being a part of a revolution!

Aww man...that's not gonna work. :(

Bob Gnarly
11-15-2002, 07:55 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH nice one Chi3f

The Truthful Liar
11-15-2002, 07:59 PM
"A plague o' both your houses!"

PhantomHelix
11-15-2002, 08:09 PM
yeah, ur right chi3f, that wont...........:lol: thats the best idea ive heard in a while! :D

Ratmjedi
11-16-2002, 12:56 AM
All of this fighting is really getting me upset. I am going to leave the Revolution. I am not saying to end it but I just feel that people have to be imature and fight and bash something that they don't understand. I have started to make moving Avatars lately and I really want to use them. I hope that people don't take this the wrong way. The Revolution is great. We didn't beat up anyone like they said in the beggining by calling it a Mafia. To all of you that are part of the Revolution do it not because it is cool or what not. Do it because you want to. Also don't pay attention to what other people say. It's a free country. (Or atleast where I am at). :D

In the words of a REAL Revolutionary
"Viva la victoria para siempre"
- Che Guevera
:duel: :lsduel:

Elessar-Eärfalas
11-16-2002, 01:04 AM
i agree man, same wit me started makin new avs..[check mine out:D]

Ratmjedi
11-16-2002, 01:10 AM
Looks good man. :thumbsup:
:lsduel: :duel:

Darth Groovy
11-16-2002, 02:06 AM
http://www.wsmcafe.com/users/08020549ipq/image1page7.jpg

Has everyone lost their sense of humor around here, or is it just me? For Heaven's sake people lighten up. Next thing you know we won't be able to have avatars because of everyone's infernal whining. Just stop ok?

ondrahosek
11-16-2002, 02:34 AM
Yeah. You're taking that too seroiusly, Helix. These avatars ARE unique. Just because we slap a Matrix background on it doesn't mean it's not individual.

I have heard some complaints from people who cannot differantiate between the members in the Revolutions. This is not counted as an argument. If you have good eyes, they will hardly fool you.

Surely, my Ugly People avatars are unique. I am just wearing them to get the boredom out of people. Just when they see that disgusting "crap", they scream, "OMG WTF is that?" and run. This entertains them a bit :D.

I have been happy making avatars for the Matrix Revolution. Though this doesn't give you money, you are proud of yourself when you see someone is wearing your avatar. Though there are only two avatars of mine running around now (nah... three, I didn't count mine), there is still something to be proud of.

I was proudly able to create (in chronological order) Matrix Revolution Avatars for:

Flanders, his Jedi Guardian
Myself, my own "grimace" picture
the public, four Ugly People Matrix Revolution avatars
STTCT, the Matrix Hamster
Myself once more with the cow girl I have now. Just look on the left!

*OK, shutting up...*

MysticSpade
11-16-2002, 02:36 AM
i don't see why ppl think that us ANIME fans are against MATRIX fans. i personally like the Matrix. your av's are cool. but i'm more into anime than i am into Matrix. so i started the ANIME avatar revoltuion thread. it's not a war between the 2. it's to let ppl know that there are anime fans here.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-16-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
http://www.wsmcafe.com/users/08020549ipq/image1page7.jpg

Has everyone lost their sense of humor around here, or is it just me? For Heaven's sake people lighten up. Next thing you know we won't be able to have avatars because of everyone's infernal whining. Just stop ok?

Hey man, why don't you come by RAA again some time. We miss you! :cool:

Anyway, the Groovemeister is right. I just joke about all of this, but seriously if the admins get pissed, it's bye bye avatars. Boy, that'll kill my labeto! :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I love anime too. I've got the Vash wearing shades on the red matrix code. I should be covered for a while. But hey, animatrix will be coming out too. Anybody that really pays attention knows that this REALLY isn't about me vs. you, it's about having fun. :D

teutonicknight
11-16-2002, 02:55 AM
I think we should star a "people who died in the matrix revolution". Characters to choose from:

Switch
Apoc
Mouse
Doser
Cypher

I get Mouse! :D

The Truthful Liar
11-16-2002, 03:02 AM
I remember a time when the avatars were turned off, you (new) guys definetly do not want that to happen again. :)

ondrahosek
11-16-2002, 03:08 AM
With this post, I confirm my wanting to close this thread.
There is no real point, just people complaining about things they don't understand.

I will not select a moderator or admin, but I am sure StormHammer or acdcfanbill will come around and close it. Or Boba Rhett will take a peek-a-boo...

Basically, you are just moaning about stuff you don't understand... You think this will set the swamp apart, do you?

I give you one answer.

NO.

Please, admins or mods, close this thread.

Elijah
11-16-2002, 03:11 AM
ROFL... the swamp will split because of a picture by your user name?

i think not...