PDA

View Full Version : Survivor

Pierre the Frog
11-15-2002, 07:50 PM
I'm going to steal an idea from another forum I post at called bhlegend, one of those guys suggested the creation of a survivor game, it works like this:

10-20 guys register for a special forum, you have to have a certain amount of posts pr day, at the end of each week, everyone votes the lamest/most annoying guy of...

Cjais is game, and I guess Rad is in too (I haven't spoken to him yet...)

All we need are 2 things, nr. 1 is you - join the game!!
Nr. 2 permission from the mods to create a now poll every week to find out who's "gettin' da boot" (Cool huh?)

C'jais
11-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Hey man, you know I'm in this already! :D

Lez dance bubba!

Everybody, uncle Pierre needs you!

An idea: We need some kind of dude who goes in and hands out assignments that each contestant solves to the best of his/her ability. The winner gets some sort of talisman that protects him from being booted: :bdroid1: - this fine battledroid will do as the talisman, for now.

JOIN!

BCanr2d2
11-15-2002, 08:07 PM
Sounds like good fun, Swamp Survivor: Spam Island........

Has to be better than the real thing anyway.......

Pierre the Frog
11-15-2002, 08:09 PM
But are you in???

Just to show you how excited I am 'bout this new form of interactive-forum-gameshow (IFG) I've created a new avatar for myself!

BCanr2d2
11-15-2002, 08:24 PM
Am I in? If it relies on posting a certain number of posts, then I am out, since when I am online of a night, most of the forum isn't here, hard to post when no one there to reply or post new threads........

ckcsaber
11-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Im in. Sounds like uber fun

BCanr2d2
11-15-2002, 08:33 PM
Ah, Sod it, I'm in...................

Pierre the Frog
11-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Amen we have a believer!!!!

BCanr2d2 - I don't know whether there'll be a minimum post requirement, I wont be able to post that much either.

It's nice that ppl actually like the idea, it was trashed pretty bad in the other forum.

Pierre the Frog
11-15-2002, 08:35 PM
Looks pretty good so far, we still need clearense from an admin!

We're already 4... maybe 5!

Rogue15
11-15-2002, 08:38 PM
ew.

C'jais
11-15-2002, 08:40 PM
Yay!

I'll try to "persuade" Rad at a later time - I think he's definately in.

Think about it guys, it's gonna be grrrrreat fun!

Dath Maximus
11-15-2002, 09:53 PM
this be intriguing......

hmmm dathy interested

dathy like giving out remedial tasks that make no sense

jokemaster
11-15-2002, 09:57 PM
posting a certain amount of times, hmmmm, what the heck, im in.

Rogue15
11-15-2002, 10:38 PM
don't you mean great spam? o wel as long as you'r having fun. :rolleyes:

JandoFett1842
11-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Hmmmmm, this will go over nicely with the boys in RPG department . . .

sounds kinda good

Tyrion
11-16-2002, 12:14 AM
*joins in*

Do I get a Farari if I win?

C'jais
11-16-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion
*joins in*

Do I get a Farari if I win?

Hmm.... good point - we need some kind of prize for the winner....

Hmmmmm.... how about getting to wear the rank of (or place in sig if below 1000) "Survivor"? :p

EDIT - so far we have:
Pierre
Cjais
Rad (I hope, still haven't contacted him...)
CkcSaber
Tyrion
Bcanr2d2
Dath Maximus
Jokemaster
JandoFett1842

Dath Maximus
11-16-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Cjais

Hmm.... good point - we need some kind of prize for the winner....

Hmmmmm.... how about getting to wear the rank of (or place in sig if below 1000) "Survivor"? :p

EDIT - so far we have:
Pierre
Cjais
Rad (I hope, still haven't contacted him...)
CkcSaber
Tyrion
Bcanr2d2
Dath Maximus
Jokemaster
JandoFett1842

ohh ohh im on the list woo!!!

psst dathy like being crazed anouncer dude who makes you people do slave labor.

Pierre the Frog
11-16-2002, 02:49 PM
Sold!!! Dath Maximus - if everybody agrees you'll be the anouncer, just as long as you understand, you have to count the votes, and make sure there isn't any cheating... It's a biiiiig responsibility!

I know I keep repeating it, but we need clearence from the mods, else it's going to seem like spam!

RAD! WE NEED TO HERE FROM YOU!!!!!

C'jais
11-16-2002, 03:56 PM
Peare, come heare! :p

Rad has hered and is in , but he doesn't feel like spending so much time on it...

Another problem: If we decide to do it with a vote poll, then everyone in the forum can vote, not just the contestants. This would make it more like "big brother" with the audience deciding who gets tha boot. We could though, instead make each contestant vote *in* the thread, but then it'd be unanonymous.

Anyone else wanna join in this great game?

Pierre the Frog
11-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Why not a public poll? You afraid you might lose then?

acdcfanbill
11-16-2002, 04:24 PM
10-20 guys register for a special forum, you have to have a certain amount of posts pr day, at the end of each week, everyone votes the lamest/most annoying guy of...

so where is this other forum gonna reside?
and if you do have a different forum, why dont just vote there?

C'jais
11-16-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Pierre the Frog
Why not a public poll? You afraid you might lose then?

Of course not.

It's just the original plan (as I remember it) was to have only the contestants vote - but we can, of course, easily do it the other way around.

ACDC: Well ermm.... We don't have a different forum, that's the whole problem... So we thought we might be able to handle it via a thread.

Pierre the Frog
11-16-2002, 04:29 PM
Sorry, I kinda skipped the "new forum" idea while writing, what I meant was, create a new thread.

Elijah
11-16-2002, 04:41 PM
mmmmmmmm... a spam game :D
Count me in.

Pierre the Frog
11-16-2002, 04:44 PM
Great - nice to have you with us

Rad
11-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Yup, count me in.

Death from below, you did not see it coming...

Luc Solar
11-16-2002, 05:46 PM
Yeah! That sounds cool!

...Just don't let us outsiders feel like you're insulting our intelligence, like the oringinal Surivovor constantly does.

--->

"OKAY dude! You're married to this gorgeous blonde and U love her more than life! Nevertheless, you've decided to apply for this totally cool adventure-Survivor-thingie!

Now lezz put U together with this single silicone-brunette for 30 minutes.

You know that it's just YOU and HER (and the 30 million people wathing you 24/7 through the 38 cameras that are ORBITING around you at ALL TIMES!

The big question is. CAN YOU FIGHT THE TEMPTATION?! CAN YOU NOT SCREW AROUND WITH THIS GORGEOUS SILICONE BRUNETTE EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE MARRIED WITH THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! YOU CAN'T! And that's why she/he gets to see all Ur messing around from the videocamera that YOU KNEW WAS 3 FEET AWAY FROM YOUR FACE ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME!!

I don't know...I'm just...I mean...really guys... I know I'm probably even more drunk at the moment than Fatal usually, but...seriously...I'd die before I'd exept that people are actually dumb enough to REALLY believe the crap that Survivors etc. are pulling...

Viva la Brains!

Elijah
11-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Luc Solar
Viva la Brains!
Amen to that!

Dath Maximus
11-16-2002, 06:59 PM
he he, ive already though of a cool game.

and we need to have teams, teams i say teams!!!!!!!

leXX
11-16-2002, 09:43 PM
I'm in. ;)

Dath Maximus
11-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by leXX
I'm in. ;)

ohh now we shall have sum fun..

he he he......:ewok:

Elijah
11-16-2002, 09:52 PM
So, when does this all start?

leXX
11-16-2002, 09:54 PM
yep, first chance I get too Dath ;)

Dath Maximus
11-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by leXX
yep, first chance I get too Dath ;)

:confused: dath not sure what lexx mean by that, dath was gonna make lexx do some freakishly hard task during the survivor game thingy, dath now think lexx has a dirty mind, dath not sure why dath is talking is third person.

leXX
11-16-2002, 10:00 PM
leXX isn't sure why Dath is talking in the third person either? oh wait, now leXX is doing it too... damn you!

Elijah
11-16-2002, 10:02 PM
ZDawg watches LeXX and Dath and wonders why they are talking in 3rd person... crap, ZDawg is doing it to O_o

ckcsaber
11-18-2002, 04:45 PM
1st. Maybe this should be moved to the game forum.

2nd. When does this start????:confused:

C'jais
11-18-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
1st. Maybe this should be moved to the game forum.

2nd. When does this start????:confused:

1. This should be moved to the game forum, yes.

2. It seems my lazy bum of a friend has forgotten about his creation. I'm going to punk his ass tomorrow and see if he's still up for it - otherwise we may need someone else to take care of it.

Agen
11-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Wow.... this is really like my big brother idea...... but i'm in :)

Pierre the Frog
11-19-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Cjais

It seems my lazy bum of a friend has forgotten about his creation. I'm going to punk his ass tomorrow and see if he's still up for it - otherwise we may need someone else to take care of it.

Was that directed at me Cjais? Your off-line for 2 days, and people start nagging...

Originally posted by ckcsaber

When does this start????

When we all agree we're enough and we're ready.

So far´we're:
-----------------
Pierre the Frog
Cjais
Rad
BCanr2d2
ckcsaber
jokemaster
JandoFett1842
Tyrion
ZDawg
leXX
Agen_Terminator
- featuring Dath Maximus as annoying anouncer-dude

Don't know about:
-----------------------
Luc Solar
Rogue15

So 11-13 + 1 anouncer Sounds fair enough.

Pierre the Frog
11-19-2002, 04:40 AM
We need rules!!!

Here's my suggestion:

§1 No minimum posts - if people aren't active, they'll probably get the vote.

§2 Every week everyone sends a privat message to Dath Maximus (are you up to it?) with the name of the person you want to vote out (unless Dath Maximus says otherwise - as in Changes the rules for the week)

§3 If you win the challenge of the week, place the :bdroid1: followed by the week-number in your sig, so that everyone can see you won

ex. :bdroid1: - 1 (if you won the first challenge)

§4 You can't vote on the survivor of the week (the one with the droid) - unless Dath Max says otherwise.

§5 Noone outside the game can post on the survivor thread (that includes the people who where voted out)

Alternate §2, if Dath max isn't up to it - we add a forum where everyone can vote (including the none members)

Rad
11-19-2002, 04:51 AM
Hmmmmm... Rules look good.

I am in favour.

C'jais
11-19-2002, 05:01 AM

Was that directed at me Cjais? Your off-line for 2 days, and people start nagging...

hehehehe....

As in the words of Rad: "Rules look good".

Do we start today or at a later date?

BTW: Aren't you guys supposed to be in class now? :p

Pierre the Frog
11-19-2002, 06:29 AM
We are!!! We're learning math using a computer... *blink, blink*

Lets start on Monday, then people have time to discus the rules and the 2 that might be interrested can get back to us.

Also Rad needs some time to make a new avatar.

Everyone are you ready? What do you think about the rules?

BCanr2d2
11-19-2002, 07:06 AM
Monday sounds good, coz the Poms should've lost the Test by then, so I won't be involved in trying to keep up with that....!!!

C'mon Aussie C'mon!

C'jais
11-19-2002, 09:03 AM
Very well, wise move Pierre ;)

Monday sounds coolio - then Dath and the rest also have time to do all the different tasks and so on that will be needed for the game. Howz about making two teams, so we can get some group resentment going? ;)

Rad's making an avatar? I have some pretty cool spare ones lying about, or is he thinking of doing his own *gasp* anime avatar????

Pierre the Frog
11-19-2002, 02:41 PM
Teams are fine by me, but I'm not a dictator - we need comments from the other guys involved!!!

Who's going to make the teams? Dath?

TRM. Dath we need to hear from you! Are you up to handling votings

Also I thought of a new rule:
You have to answer any question Dath asks in your next post (not truthfully though).

C'jais
11-19-2002, 02:53 PM
Just a minor question that popped up in another thread (Agen's I think): Will we use the same user accounts or different ones when playing the game, so that people do not have any prejudices (even though they may guess who the person is really)?

Also, this does not resemble survivor or big brother entirely, since people aren't locked inside a house or left on an island, alone except from the other contestants. WHat to do about this? Hmmm.... Only allow people to post in the game thread while it lasts, that way people must quench their need for small talk inside the game - I R WINNAR!!!!!!1.... Oh well, just something I thought about.

ckcsaber
11-19-2002, 03:33 PM
We should have teams at 1st and when a certain # of ppl are left we merge the teams. Also, I think it would be a hassle 4everyone to make new accounts just for this game

Pierre the Frog
11-19-2002, 03:34 PM
I thought about the no posting during game, but I was afraid it might scare people away, I like the idea if the others are interested.

Does anyone feel that people knowing who you actually are is going to be a problem? (Huh Cjais???)

Pierre the Frog
11-19-2002, 03:38 PM
How do you feel about the rules ckcsaber? ... How do you feel about the rules?

C'jais
11-19-2002, 03:40 PM
Huh Pierre? F. U. :D

Creating new accounts and keeping track of changing accounts each time you posted would be a chore yes - I'm not in favour of it myself.

It's up to people if the idea of no posting is ok, I say.

Pierre the Frog
11-19-2002, 03:54 PM
So what your saying is that you should be able to post anywhere, but we recommend you only use this thread?

ckcsaber
11-19-2002, 03:55 PM
The rules are fine except for 2 things on my mind. We might need a better way to count up votes. I am not saying anything against Dath (if he does it) but many things can happen to the votes. Also maybe get a more obscure smiley than this :bdroid1: cause some ppl have it their sigs

Pierre the Frog
11-20-2002, 06:32 AM
How would you handle the voting? We can't set up a poll cause then people outside the game can vote, and someone can vote several times, to tip the votes in his favour! And if everyone has to post on the forum it wont be anonymous.

ckcsaber
11-20-2002, 11:41 AM
I guess that is the only way to get votes in then. Lets just do it that way. Someone pm Dath to see if he's in or not

BCanr2d2
11-21-2002, 03:35 AM
As long as everyone who is in it knows how it operates, and those that need to vote know how to, then what is the problem....

I have been in training, with eating badly prepared rice, all mushy and stuff.......

As long as no one objects to my beer can boat to escape from this insane asylum!!!

Pierre the Frog
11-21-2002, 07:39 AM
Great!! Keep up the good work, I'll be walking around in my bathing trunks so that I to will be ready

You didn't comment the rules! We need to hear from you all.

Rad
11-22-2002, 08:41 PM
I think that ppl (we) should not be restricted to this thread. I can see that it is important to show that you are here, and stuff like that. But on the other hand there are lots of things I do not want to miss in, for example, The Swamp.

But that is just my opinion.;)

BTW I like the :bdroid1: thing in the sig because it looks kinda like that Danish Survivor trophy. :D

Pierre the Frog
11-24-2002, 03:36 PM
Well it's starting tomorrow, yet nobody has commented on the rules nor have we heard from Dath-Max... This doesn't look good!

There's a good chance that we need to postpone the game.

C'jais
11-24-2002, 04:42 PM
Well it's starting tomorrow, yet nobody has commented on the rules nor have we heard from Dath-Max... This doesn't look good!

There's a good chance that we need to postpone the game.

Pierre, it's because the new games forum doesn't get visited much.

We're discussing moving most of the game threads back to Yoda's swamp and then kill the game forum. Let's hope this thread survives :p

Dath Maximus
11-24-2002, 05:22 PM
whoops!

ok im here im here!
i passed out and found my self in japan.

anywho, ive got a good couple of ideas, but, tomorow at noon ks time, im going to ark untill wednesday, so im gonna need a temp to decide who has won the round.

and how many rounds do we have per day?

Pierre the Frog
11-28-2002, 03:18 PM
Where's all the people? This isn't going well. If people are still in post ones, when enough people have posted, we'll start the game.

Originally posted by Dath Maximus
i passed out and found my self in japan.

Boy do I know that feeling!

C'jais
11-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Dath are you ready?

Everyone?

I say we get this show on the road! :D

BCanr2d2
11-29-2002, 07:30 PM
I think this thread got lost in the move back to the Swamp - damn those moving companies!!!!!