PDA

View Full Version : Homer Simpson cameo in episode 2?

ckcsaber
11-18-2002, 04:04 PM
This is a supposed easter egg in the movie.

When I get home i'll check it out and see if its real or not. You guys see if you can find it in the DVDhttp://www.ping.be/~ghisla15/EII-eastereggs/EPIIeaster-eggs.html

Darklighter
11-18-2002, 04:07 PM
That is so cool:Dlol

I'm gonna check it out tonight...I never usually fall for this sort of stuff, but I can believe they'd cameo him lol

Pad
11-18-2002, 04:11 PM
is that some real info or is it some fan made pics?

if its real, id have to day: COOL:D

ckcsaber
11-18-2002, 04:16 PM
I'm not sure. I haven't seen the picture 1st hand on my own TV. It would be cool if they did put him in.

Taos
11-18-2002, 04:23 PM
Haha! I'll have to look for that! Thx Ckcsaber!! :D

ckcsaber
11-18-2002, 04:29 PM
No prob. Someone needs to verify it though.

Darth Simpson
11-18-2002, 05:23 PM
Wow, sure as hell looks like Homer in the trailer!

Go check the trailer for yourself, that's not a fake picture on the site.

Elessar-Eärfalas
11-18-2002, 05:25 PM
hah thats jokes! youd think we would have heard about it before off of theforce.net or something.

Andy867
11-18-2002, 05:36 PM
TheForce.net isn't always up-to-date on the smallest of cameos, nor are they always right. because they said that LucasFilms had told them that there would be a deleted scene which would be an extended version of Anakin and Padme after Anakin killed the Tusken Raiders, but those with the DVD know that that particular scene somehow wasn't included.

Darth Talliusc
11-18-2002, 05:57 PM
sorry andy, but i rented the DvD and it WAS extended though not by much. there really is a bit more in there. a *cough* friend *cough* had the digital camera in theatre rip of the movie and there is definitely less lines in that particular area *where he says i killed them, i killed them all. that little area*

in the new version the extra parts are quite easily passed by but im odd and i notice those things. i double checked it.

edit: but yeah, theforce.net isnt always right or uptodate.

and i hope it IS real, simpsons and SW have combined to give us some very good moments in past. no reason it cant work this way.

second edit: and its not listed on the DvD as a deleted scene, its incorporated into the movie if you just watch it plain out. i saw it three times on saturday and got curious because that part seemed slightly different.

i dont have the DvD anymore *it was just a rental. getting it to own on christmas* so i cant triple check but if somebody else who has both versions would care to then id be thankful

-s/<itzo-
11-18-2002, 06:11 PM
that is crazy.

was lucas a fan of the simpsons???????

Elijah
11-18-2002, 06:12 PM
ROFL... i'm gonna D/L the trailer and check it out.

C'jais
11-18-2002, 06:24 PM
I think people just see what they want to see here.

I see no Homer :(

-s/<itzo-
11-18-2002, 06:26 PM
i see homer.

you are blind.

concentrate then you'll see it.

C'jais
11-18-2002, 06:29 PM
I see it yes, but only because I'm expecting to see Homer.

If I distance myself from trying to find Homer, I will not find him.

And I am not blind, thank you very much.

Elijah
11-18-2002, 06:36 PM
I asked my brother... he said it looked like an Alien... only untill i said "homer" was when he noticed...

-s/<itzo-
11-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Cjais

Darth Simpson
11-18-2002, 06:37 PM
Isn't that the whole point of an easter egg? He's there, yet he's not unless you really look for him? He can't be totally obvious, if he was Groening would probably sue Lucas.

-s/<itzo-
11-18-2002, 06:38 PM
werd....

i totally agree with you.

C'jais
11-18-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth Simpson
Isn't that the whole point of an easter egg? He's there, yet he's not unless you really look for him? He can't be totally obvious, if he was Groening would probably sue Lucas.

Good point.

I suppose you're right - who's groening btw?

Skitzo: What has blindness to do with not seeing Homer?

Darth Talliusc
11-18-2002, 06:45 PM
groening: matt groening creator of simpsons and futurama. dont think he meant literally blind.

C'jais
11-18-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Darth Talliusc
groening: matt groening creator of simpsons and futurama. dont think he meant literally blind.

Ohooo...

So it's like saying I'm dumb and not mean it literally? :rolleyes:

Aight, I'll shut my mouth now...

-s/<itzo-
11-18-2002, 06:48 PM
i was just being sarcastic dude.

C'jais
11-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by -s/&lt;itzo-
i was just being sarcastic dude.

No offence taken dude.

Who's that in your brilliant av btw?

-s/<itzo-
11-18-2002, 07:03 PM
thanx, it's Himura Kenshin.

it's anime, the main character from Rurouni Kenshin.

Darth Groovy
11-18-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Cjais
I think people just see what they want to see here.

I don't see Homer either, glad I'm not the only one.:confused:

Clem
11-18-2002, 07:15 PM
white blur with a bit o yellow

bit of a leap of faith to get it as homer

when its just as likely to be a clone trooper

(wrong place i know)

y are the clone troopers always pictured with the baddies on the DVD cover and posters .... when (in this film at least) theyre on the good side of life (even if we know jango was recruited by dookus evil alter ego)

Darth Groovy
11-18-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Clem
white blur with a bit o yellow

bit of a leap of faith to get it as homer

when its just as likely to be a clone trooper

(wrong place i know)

y are the clone troopers always pictured with the baddies on the DVD cover and posters .... when (in this film at least) theyre on the good side of life (even if we know jango was recruited by dookus evil alter ego)

Because they are really stormtroopers you silly person!:p

Ratmjedi
11-19-2002, 02:18 AM
If you watch the scenes later you can clearly see that the Clonetroopers that are piloting have yellow on there helemt's that indicate that they are pilot's. If you also watch the later scenes were you can actually zoom in they are like that. I don't think that they would put Homer Simpson in the whole film if it were a Easter Egg.
:lsduel: :duel:

thehomicidalegg
11-19-2002, 02:47 AM
It looks more like a play of colour and light than homer to me. It's like one on those ink blots psychologists uses, and people see in it whatever they are thinking.

It is not clear enough a image to be warranted as an easteregg... it only vaguely resembles homer

griff38
11-19-2002, 11:49 AM
Still not sure if that is really homer or not, would not suprise me though.

You can see R2D2 in an Egyptian glyph in the WELL of The SOULS room in Indian Jones episode1.

P.S. TRIVIA: Where did the designation r2d2 come from?

ckcsaber
11-19-2002, 03:28 PM
I never stated if it was a real Homer or not. I admit, it is really blurry and could be many things other than Homer. I just thought it was interesting and decided to post it.

Jedi_Monk
11-19-2002, 04:05 PM
If you watch the scenes later you can clearly see that the Clonetroopers that are piloting have yellow on there helemt's that indicate that they are pilot's.
The yellow indicates that they are Commanders, not pilots.

And it does look a lot like Homer Simpson :eek:

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

Clem
11-19-2002, 04:13 PM
groovy ... they aint stormies .... stormies arent clones theyre conscripts ... clones are mentally unstable (altho that is an EU fact)

also .... in THIS film ... clones are goodies not baddies ... putting them with the baddies gives away part of next films plot

which i thought was kinda the most avoided thing in these 3 episodes ... ho hum

Jedi_Monk
11-19-2002, 04:26 PM
groovy ... they aint stormies .... stormies arent clones theyre conscripts ... clones are mentally unstable (altho that is an EU fact)
EU fact isn't fact at all, where's the canonical evidence that stormtroopers aren't clones?

Clem
11-19-2002, 04:28 PM
they arent the same height ... they dont sound the same

they dont have new zealand accents

Darth Homer
11-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Well, I've seen it...got it on pause right now, actually, and I can see how people may think it is Homer, but I believe it is a yellow (Commander, pilot, whateva) clone trooper

leXX
11-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Well if you had showed me that picture without telling me it was Homer, I wouldn't think it was him, I would think it was a clone.

thehomicidalegg
11-20-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

EU fact isn't fact at all, where's the canonical evidence that stormtroopers aren't clones?

um... the clones can actually shoot, stormies looked like they've only ever been holding a gun in their hands for the length of the scenes they are in in the movies :p