PDA

View Full Version : Jedi

Matt-Liell
11-19-2002, 07:05 PM
What do u think is the coolest things about Jedi? Like what would be the best about being one and what u think is cool about them!

ckcsaber
11-19-2002, 07:06 PM
I'll be the first to say it:

LIGHTSABER

hahahaha

Matt-Liell
11-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
I'll be the first to say it:

LIGHTSABER

hahahaha

OH YA! and the robe and tunic too!

XylanKasshu00
11-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Force Powers! DUH! :D The little tricks you could do in real life with them would be awesome. Muhahaha! ZAP!

leXX
11-19-2002, 07:17 PM
I think it is a combination of both the saber and the force that makes being a Jedi so appealing. ;)

XylanKasshu00
11-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Yeah.......But......Force Powers are better!!!!!! ;P

Darklighter
11-19-2002, 07:26 PM
Since you need force powers to wield a lightsaber, then I would go with both too:Dlol

ckcsaber
11-19-2002, 07:29 PM
I could propably handle a saber w/out force powers. i've been in fencing for 5 years now. Force powers are good but its the saber!

Taos
11-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by leXX
I think it is a combination of both the saber and the force that makes being a Jedi so appealing. ;)

What she said.... :D

You have to have the combo......;)

Matt-Liell
11-19-2002, 07:45 PM
ya id say with a lightsaber and force powers u would be pretty cool. but that cool robe dont hurt!

XylanKasshu00
11-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Noooooooooooo, I just want force powers.....Gimme a lightsaber and I'll hurt myself. :D

Kylilin
11-19-2002, 08:07 PM
I think that the commitment that all Jedi make is the coolest thing about them. The sacrifice any chance of having a normal life in order to protect everyone from chaos and evil. The force and a lightsaber are mere tools of the Jedi. It is this that defines the Jedi:

"There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force."

whitedragon
11-19-2002, 08:25 PM
lightsabers
who needs the force when you can cut them to shreads before they lift a finger

Lightsaberboy
11-19-2002, 08:59 PM
youdont need to be a jedi to wield a lightsaber. look at han in ESB.
force powers on the other hand, only a jedi can use.

Matt-Liell
11-19-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Kylilin
I think that the commitment that all Jedi make is the coolest thing about them. The sacrifice any chance of having a normal life in order to protect everyone from chaos and evil. The force and a lightsaber are mere tools of the Jedi. It is this that defines the Jedi:

"There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no passion; there is serenity. There is no chaos; there is harmony. There is no death; there is the Force."

thats a good point too! i feel like a jedi sometimes when i think inspriationally! lol!

Sivy
11-19-2002, 09:54 PM
i have to say force powers, cause you can always just use force choke

JandoFett1842
11-19-2002, 10:05 PM
force and the saber

Pnut_Man
11-19-2002, 10:34 PM
I don't care about being able to cause destruction with the force..
Having the ability to move objects with your mind, jump with unnatural strength, see future....it's all so awesome :p

Yoda_623
11-19-2002, 10:49 PM
I think the force is definitley the best thing about a jedi. I mean who doesn't want to use your mind to see and move things? I think that would be awesome personally.

SettingShadow
11-20-2002, 02:24 AM
Hmmm..... It gotta be lightsaber and the force gotta be.... :D

-s/<itzo-
11-20-2002, 02:36 AM
to have that kinda mind power, there so many things you can do with it.

can you picture carrie as a sith????

JediNyt
11-20-2002, 02:45 AM
:saberb: :saberg: :saberr: :duel: :slsaber: :lsduel: :syoda: :dsaber: :thumbsup:

PhantomHelix
11-20-2002, 07:50 AM
lightsaber or force powers, no contest.....not sure which would be better tho.....

Clemme w/Stick
11-20-2002, 08:42 AM
Their Lightsaber!! Thats prolly the coolest thing about them, if they didnt have a Lightsaber...which they do...it would prolly be that they can affect other people minds....The mind trick for the stupid people :D!!

Well, heres a qoute:

Seller: "You want to buy some Deathsticks?"

Obi-Wan: "You dont want to sell me Deathsticks..."

Seller: "I dont want to sell you Deathsticks!"

Obi-Wan: "You want to go home and re-think your life..."

Seller: "I want to go home and re-think my life!"

I love that conversation!!

-Clemme

SettingShadow
11-20-2002, 09:01 AM
Yeah me2, I have repeated that conversation in my head a million times (wich I always do with stuff from movies that I like) :D

Kstar__2
11-20-2002, 10:02 AM
force powers for shure, just think of what you are capable of just using your mind for the good. i don't think i'll be using the dark side powers. now the lightsaber, it's just a tool, as a jedi you could also use a blaster/gun and shoot with perfect accuraty.

Hekx
11-20-2002, 10:18 AM
Force powers, lightsaber... Mostly everything about Jedis. :)

SettingShadow
11-20-2002, 10:28 AM
The lightsaber is a symbol for the Jedi, sure thay could aswell use a blaster but only a jedi can construct a lightsaber perpfectly.

Mex
11-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Erm, i'll take the force, and ill tell you why I wouldnt choose a lightsaber

"A lightsaber is a weapon of a more civilized age"

[This world isnt ready for technology like a saber :D

Ratmjedi
11-21-2002, 01:46 AM
I would say that I would need the Force and the Lightsaber. They both need each other. You can't just have a Lightsaber without the Force. You would get shot at and then you would be like oh $hit how do I deflect these shots. You need the Force to properly use a Lightsaber. You can't just use a Lightsaber to fight without having the Force. You wouldn't be able to predict attacks as well.

You need the Lightsaber with the Force because you just can't go on with the Force. How are you going to protect your self without a Lightsaber. You may have a blaster but that is not going to deflect those first blaster shots away. Remember when Obi-Wan hands Anakin his Lightsaber and tells him never to lose it because "This weapon is your life".
It also takes the Force to build a Lightsaber. How many people do you know that make their own weapons?
Both need to be together because neither is going to keep you alive for long.
:lsduel: :duel:

leXX
11-21-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick
Their Lightsaber!! Thats prolly the coolest thing about them, if they didnt have a Lightsaber...which they do...it would prolly be that they can affect other people minds....The mind trick for the stupid people :D!!

Well, heres a qoute:

Seller: "You want to buy some Deathsticks?"

Obi-Wan: "You dont want to sell me Deathsticks..."

Seller: "I dont want to sell you Deathsticks!"

Obi-Wan: "You want to go home and re-think your life..."

Seller: "I want to go home and re-think my life!"

I love that conversation!!

-Clemme

The sellers name is Elan Sleazebaggano. He is played by Matt Doran who played Mouse in The Matrix. Just a piece of interesting info I thought you might like to know.

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-
11-21-2002, 06:45 AM

The sellers name is Elan Sleazebaggano. He is played by Matt Doran who played Mouse in The Matrix. Just a piece of interesting info I thought you might like to know.

Ha! I made a thread about that months ago and you said "Oh cheefie-weefie your so smart!" Remember?Ok so that wasn't your exact quote, but it was something along those lines, lol.

Coolest thing about being a Jedi? Having the Cut-the-levitating-fruit-and-give-to-a-hot-chick ability. I'm still working on the levitating part.

Wacky_Baccy
11-21-2002, 07:02 AM
Posted by Kylilin
I think that the commitment that all Jedi make is the coolest thing about them. The sacrifice any chance of having a normal life in order to protect everyone from chaos and evil. The Force and a lightsaber are mere tools of the Jedi. It is this that defines the Jedi:

I could not agree with you more on this :)

Pad
11-21-2002, 07:09 AM
yep the saber and off course mind trick :naughty:

shukrallah
11-21-2002, 11:11 AM
Lightsabers are the best!:saberr: :saberb: :saberg:

:lsduel: :dsaber:

Skate Boy
11-21-2002, 12:11 PM
I have to go with the Force... if I had a lightsaber but no Force, I would probably cut my leg off.:D

C'jais
11-21-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Lightsaberboy
youdont need to be a jedi to wield a lightsaber. look at han in ESB.
force powers on the other hand, only a jedi can use.

Han doesn't use it for combat.

My theory is that you need to swing a "non-material" blade like that with the aid of the force, if you intend to do anything useful with it, and not end up cutting yourself. No matter the level of training, you wouldn't be able to predict blaster bolts etc, and hit like only Jedi do, without the force.

Oh, the force definately.

Clemme w/Stick
11-21-2002, 12:36 PM

Well, thanks alot LeXX!!
I will try to remember that name, allthough it would be pretty hard to actually get into my brain j/k....but I will try!

-Clemme