PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been a swampie?

TheWhiteRaider
11-20-2002, 02:04 AM
I have been coming to the swamp for 3-5 months now. I can't remember how long ago it was.

SettingShadow
11-20-2002, 02:09 AM
I´ve been comming to the swamp in 1month I think :)

-s/<itzo-
11-20-2002, 02:11 AM
first i was a reg on the model section. got tired of waiting for the models so i browse through the forums and here i'am. i've strted to post here probably late september. i've been here for a few months now and i consider the swamp my hang out spot now.

TheWhiteRaider
11-20-2002, 02:13 AM
After long days I come to the swamp to calm down.

Wacky_Baccy
11-20-2002, 02:15 AM
I recently had my first "Swamp anniversary" :D

It's changed such a lot... But then, that's to be expected, I suppose...

Tyrion
11-20-2002, 02:24 AM
I was a swampie since a month or so after I registered.

Elijah
11-20-2002, 02:34 AM
I Joined up in April of '02... i had seen the forums and read posts alot before than but i desided to post in the editing area once JO was released... I stoped posting in mid summer but when i came back i got knee high into the swamp
:D

acdcfanbill
11-20-2002, 02:56 AM
I been a swampie since it was named Yoda's Swamp... :D

Taos
11-20-2002, 03:20 AM
I've been a swampie for almost two months now.....seems like forever!! :D Which is not a bad thing....;)

SettingShadow
11-20-2002, 03:28 AM
It seems like forever for me2, ok I gotta change it maybe not 2months but maby 1month, not sure if I started with the swamp as soon as I registred (wich I dont think I did). lol

access_flux
11-20-2002, 05:45 AM
I've been a swampie since i got here. :)

leXX
11-20-2002, 05:55 AM
I had 500+ posts in Multiplayer before I came to the swamp, so I guess I came here around June, that makes 6 months! :eek: Geeeeezzzuuuusssss...

Reb Starblazer
11-20-2002, 06:35 AM
I've posted here since March, but browsed here since February, so I guess I'll go with 8 months. The first place I posted was in the Swamp actually, the reason I registered was to answer a thread here. Haven't left since, but that's not because I haven't been trying... *looks at chain on right ankle*:D

PhantomHelix
11-20-2002, 07:48 AM
yeah, i registered in april, but i didnt start posting here until july or august....

Sivy
11-20-2002, 08:00 AM
i registered in late july, i started posting in the modelling section and the ep II section, then i found my way to the valley, then the swamp and never left. so about 3 months i guess

PhantomHelix
11-20-2002, 08:04 AM
yeah, im sure most of us started in the editing section. both darklighter and i originate from the skinning and modelling forums, and then he convinced me to join the swamp. boy, im glad he did! :D

Clemme w/Stick
11-20-2002, 08:32 AM
I've been a swampie since I registered..! well, I hope that answers your question..!

-Clemme

C'jais
11-20-2002, 08:46 AM
I'm with lexx on this one - except I first started in the Valley, then moved to multiplayer, where I met lexx (those were the days :D) then she suddenly took a liking to the swamp, and I followed :p

Boba Rhett
11-20-2002, 09:08 AM
Since the beginning.

Kstar__2
11-20-2002, 09:36 AM
since april 2002:D

Hekx
11-20-2002, 10:26 AM
I've been posting here since, errrrr... end of september / early october?
I can't remember :(
I was in the clan forums for a while at the start :)

XERXES
11-20-2002, 11:05 AM
almost a year for me, i first registered in janurary under a different name, lost the PW in april-ish and re-registered...lost that password, got this name and been here since.

ckcsaber
11-20-2002, 11:07 AM
I first posted in the episode 2 forums, but when it died down a little 2 1/2 months ago I came here, and continually do do

Darklighter
11-20-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by PhantomHelix
yeah, im sure most of us started in the editing section. both darklighter and i originate from the skinning and modelling forums, and then he convinced me to join the swamp. boy, im glad he did! :D

It was my pleasure...I'm glad you came over here...

...not sure what the rest of you think...

lol:p, I kid, I kid...

As Phantom said, I began in the skinning section. My very first thread I made (back in May) is still going on the first page, and has been the most popular thread in that section since god knows when:Dlol

In about mid-June I began to explore other realms of jkediknightii.net, and low and behold I managed to end up here:)This place scared the hell outta me at first, but it's grown on me I suppose, and I love everyone and everything about this place:)

Darth Simpson
11-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Since May 2001.

PhantomHelix
11-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter

In about mid-June I began to explore other realms of jkediknightii.net, and low and behold I managed to end up here:)This place scared the hell outta me at first, but it's grown on me I suppose, and I love everyone and everything about this place:)

yeah, i kno what u mean about the scarin the hell outta me thing.....i got real pissed off here at first because by the time i finished a reply to a thread, 3 others had replied b4 me! :lol:

i got annoyed with that, but eventually i adapted, and now i get pissed off at how slow people post in the editing areas....

SPY_jmr1
11-20-2002, 12:54 PM
I joined in march... came to the swamp join +2 days:)

never left:p

Matt-Liell
11-20-2002, 12:57 PM
dont know, maybe a month or two?

Pad
11-20-2002, 01:46 PM
became a swampie at the start of august 02

mima kake
11-20-2002, 02:00 PM
I'm here since I've been registered
And got kinda stuck too :p

Kstar__2
11-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by mima kake
I'm here since I've been registered
And got kinda stuck too :p

but you are only a reall swampie since i trained you!

mima kake
11-20-2002, 02:17 PM
well, then it will be a month now.
I'm still fresh

<Im Yo Pusha>
11-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Ive been in the swamp for about a month but i hope to be here for many more. Leemu howd u join 2 months ago and have over 1,000 posts, man u really are addicted!

wardz
11-20-2002, 04:01 PM
Since we were deciding what to call it :D

Shout out to Bill and all the other old skool members!

(Fades back into the darkness)

-W

C'jais
11-20-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by wardz

-W

huh? :eyeraise:

Who invited you in? o.0

just joking man :D

You sound like quite the legend around here...

Ratmjedi
11-20-2002, 04:03 PM
I cam here around the month after July. I don't rememeber but leXX mentioned the Swamp and I kinda got intrested about here so I came here and been here ever since.
:lsduel: :duel:

obi
11-20-2002, 04:25 PM
i never really considered myself a "swampie," since I am from the Cantina (the best place in the world).

So I consider myself a cantina-ie, or whatever you want to call it.

edit-

OMG! WARDZ! WTF!

Nice to see you again, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

whitedragon
11-20-2002, 04:34 PM
woah is seemed like years but ive been on here only 6 mounths

Jedi_Monk
11-20-2002, 07:38 PM
I first posted on the Swamp on April 12th on this thread: anakin skywalker/darth heavy breath (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42519). Ah yes... the Myth of the Sith is the only good thing about the EU... ;)

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

Wacky_Baccy
11-20-2002, 07:38 PM
Posted by wardz

-W
OMG!!

wardz!!!

Where the hell have you been??! :eek:

Nice to see you! :D

...You gonna stick around for a while? :)

JandoFett1842
11-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Since late June '02

Taos
11-20-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Darth Strom
Ive been in the swamp for about a month but i hope to be here for many more. Leemu howd u join 2 months ago and have over 1,000 posts, man u really are addicted!

Well, I've been a member for over three months now.....before I came here I had over 300 posts. I've been here for two now....but if you come here on a regular basis, with all of the activity going on...it's easy to boost post count. If that is your thing. I myself just talk a lot and have a lot to say! :D

Oh well, everyone's different!! :p

Yes, I'm addicted....there could be worse things!! ;)

Jed
11-20-2002, 09:09 PM
I consider myself a native swampie.

My first post was probably in the Valley, but I stayed there for like half a day.

*is a Native Swampie*

Dath Maximus
11-20-2002, 09:13 PM
i started out here, well sorta, my first 2 posts were elsewhere, but ive been here after that.

so ive been here since May.

gorganfloss
11-20-2002, 09:59 PM
Uhhhhhh
I think Ive been coming to the Swamp since about July or August. Cant remember.

ET Warrior
11-21-2002, 12:00 AM
I think i've been in the swamp about.....a......month? Maybe two....i was in the i've seen episode 2 forum for alot of my early posts. Then i drifted over here.

Darth Talliusc
11-21-2002, 10:22 AM
first post of mine was in the swamp. i was ridiculed and made fun of. not for my post count but for my "n00bish" opinions. i persevered and stuck to the threads involving nicer ppl. for the most part mean ppl wont stay in the swamp. the lifers are all *pretty much* nice.

i like to think that in my time here ive made some difference to some ppl. *if not dont tell me*. its addictive and i dont think we'd have it any other way.

wardz
11-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Waccy- a familiar face at last... How goes it?

To be honest, I never really went away that much, but for me the fun was talking about the game before it came out as I didnt and still dont have a PC good enough to play JKII. I play only cos of my mums laptop which to be honest isn't ideal. (I can't fit my PC mouse to it so i have to use the little pad thing):rolleyes:

That coupled with the swamping (Do you like what I did just there? I used the name of the forum to act as a pun) :D
of the site with all the newbies.

I got a bit tired with the mindless slating of, well in my opinion at least, a VERY good game. I dont know about the patches released for them, but it was changed for minor reasons, is that a fair comment? It seems that the most vocal group are always the ones not happy with the game, for a pathetic, negligble reason.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the levels for it, the new carbon freeze and some new skins...

-W

Skate Boy
11-21-2002, 01:48 PM
Well I started here so about a month or two.:)

Kylilin
11-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
i never really considered myself a "swampie," since I am from the Cantina (the best place in the world).

So I consider myself a cantina-ie, or whatever you want to call it.

That goes for me too. :)

Wacky_Baccy
11-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Posted by wardz
Waccy- a familiar face at last... How goes it?
Not bad, overall :D

You? :)
To be honest, I never really went away that much, but for me the fun was talking about the game before it came out...
Same here, really...
...as I didnt and still dont have a PC good enough to play JKII. I play only cos of my mums laptop which to be honest isn't ideal. (I can't fit my PC mouse to it so i have to use the little pad thing):rolleyes:
Aww :(
That coupled with the swamping (Do you like what I did just there? I used the name of the forum to act as a pun) :D
of the site with all the newbies.
It's been done :D ;)

...And I agree about the "swamping" - I moved to RogueSquadron.Net ("Aresen") for a while to take my mind off the state that the Swamp and the Valley were both in... It worked, thankfully, and now I'm back :) (but still very much at Aresen too - it's grown on me :D)
I got a bit tired with the mindless slating of, well in my opinion at least, a VERY good game.
Same here - it seemed to be the same arguments over and over and over and... You'd think people could move on :(
I dont know about the patches released for them, but it was changed for minor reasons, is that a fair comment? It seems that the most vocal group are always the ones not happy with the game, for a pathetic, negligble reason.
It seems that's ever the way of things =/
I am looking forward to seeing some of the levels for it, the new carbon freeze and some new skins...
Have you had a look at the various Total Conversions for it? Some of them are looking quite promising... Here's links to a few -

Attack of the Clones TC (http://www.aotctc.com/index.shtml)
Dark Forces TC (http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/)
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II TC (http://www.nwo2k.net/df2e/)

I'm sure there are more, but I don't know as much about them/ have links to them...

Hope you stick around [actively!] for a while, mate =)

access_flux
11-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Yo Wardz!

good to see you man,

i guess i never stopped going to the swamp, i just cut down all the time i spent on it to like once a week or something, (shows with my post counter) but i'm back, and i really got back on here when i came to Germany..... hmm.... i guess i can say this (but not as bad as some people i know, not pointing fingers :D)

my names Josh, and I'm an Addict. :D

yo Paul, is the reason why emailed me back and i couldn't contact you for like 5 months cause you were on another board? damn man! oh yer, i will be in the UK between april and July so we gotta hang out for a bit, ok?

lightspeed
11-22-2002, 08:52 PM
I've been looking for 2 months and joined 2 days ago.

LONGBOW19
12-09-2002, 11:45 PM
only for a week.and (im already a pit droid)

teutonicknight
12-10-2002, 12:10 AM
I've been a swampy ever since I regestered.

C'jais
12-10-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy
Same here - it seemed to be the same arguments over and over and over and... You'd think people could move on :(

Regarding the quality of JK2, I find it top notch, even though I'm not the most active player now. I'd like to see some good reasons why it shouldn't be FPS of the Year, myself.

Hekx
12-10-2002, 01:42 PM
I usually just posted in the Clans Forums, then I decided to answer some technical problem posts, then I eventually came to the Swamp. No idea when, must've been end of september / start of october time. :)
..and to this day.. I still post in 6 other forums.. :eek:

Yom
12-10-2002, 04:44 PM
um look for ya self

i am the CHEF OF THE ACADEMY

GonkH8er
12-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Since the beginning.

Ditto

Dark Warrior
12-10-2002, 06:52 PM
I've been in the Swamp since about September. I had 10 posts form July to the end of August. Then I found the swamp and it went uphill from there.:)

Pad
12-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Well, I've been a member for over three months now.....before I came here I had over 300 posts. I've been here for two now....but if you come here on a regular basis, with all of the activity going on...it's easy to boost post count. If that is your thing. I myself just talk a lot and have a lot to say! :D

Oh well, everyone's different!! :p

Yes, I'm addicted....there could be worse things!! ;)

yep ur a real addict leemu. u even reached a point u have more posts than i have. :D
im a swampie for 6 months (jul-dec) and i believe it became a bit dull. thats why i dont that often anymore in here. i still can be found in other sections (gb, kotor,...) ;)

Yoda_623
12-10-2002, 07:27 PM
I've been one since May,but I haven't been around much for a while...trying to get back in the groove. :)

ZBomber
12-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Like 5 days after I registered. I came here for cheats for SP. Then I posted in the Clan Forum, than the Challnge Forum. Then the swamp! :) :007:

Darth_Rommel
12-10-2002, 10:30 PM
I registered under about 6 different names here, before the merge... I believe I registered my first account sometime in May/June. My first thread was so cool! :D "Name Your Favourite Star Wars Books"!! It was my first time using the poll option! YAY! ;)

Before anyone asks, I was a part of these forums before the merge. The forums were seperate. So you had to register a different account on each one! So... I have a bunch of different registration dates... the "June 2001" you see here was my GB account. :) (just in case anyone is feeling confrontational, and wants to accuse my of lieing :p)

Hyperglide
12-10-2002, 10:35 PM
Heh I've been here for a day... Pretty busy first day at that.