PDA

View Full Version : Mounted weapons Q.

Takeoffyouhoser
11-25-2002, 02:30 AM
Is it possible to make a machine gun , errrr, laser gun emplacement like in Return To Castle Wolfenstein, in Jedi Outcast.
the only guns I remeber like this are those ones with the chair in Kejim Outpost where you blast through the bases' door.

Is there any way i can make more of a mounted machine gun style laser blaster in-game without useing that LAME one Raven has.

I am not concerned with player animations, just is it posssible.

t3rr0r
11-25-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Takeoffyouhoser
Is it possible to make a machine gun , errrr, laser gun emplacement like in Return To Castle Wolfenstein, in Jedi Outcast.
the only guns I remeber like this are those ones with the chair in Kejim Outpost where you blast through the bases' door.

Is there any way i can make more of a mounted machine gun style laser blaster in-game without useing that LAME one Raven has.

I am not concerned with player animations, just is it posssible.
if the code for the gun isn't in mp, someone would have to code a totally new gun for a mod. it'd be cool to have the sort of gun the snowtroopers used on hoth. :cool:

wedge2211
11-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Yeah, E-web cannons would rock! :D

Isn't there a shooter_blaster or something like that that fires bolts in a certain direction? You could rig one of those up with an appropriate misc_model and a trigger_multiple behind it.

Takeoffyouhoser
11-25-2002, 02:11 PM
see wedge, thats what i thought too.
if it doesn't well, i can still make em for decortaion!
And t3rror, i am mapping for SP, not MP

t3rr0r
11-25-2002, 06:45 PM
ah... you could probably change the visuals, but it'd act the same as the normal sitting one.

Takeoffyouhoser
11-25-2002, 06:58 PM
thats what i was afraid of.
I do think i am going to make some anyhow, but jsut for decoration. thanks for the help anyhow