PDA

View Full Version : WIP : Orc (LOTR)

Chairwalker
11-25-2002, 09:41 PM
Some of you may remember a little (dead) thread on the modeling forum about my Sauron WIP.
Im still working on it, in fact its about 60% done.

But, as you have noticed, this thread isnt about Sauron.
Its about the orc (another LOTR model, jeez i must be a geek :) )

Im currently working on the Mordor orc (the one you will be seeing alot in the two towers)
But im planning to include some Moria orc skins as well.

About the skins, the model will have alot of them.
No orc looks the same, and its an aspect i really like about orc's.

Oh, i almost forgot posting the image :D

http://www.geocities.com/quakersnl/orcbla.txt

This is the "scarred, pierced and barely wearing anything"
variety of the mordor orc.

As you see, his boots were stolen (along with his feet lol)
But i'll be sure to add some so he can survive those cold and lonely nights.

DapperDanMan
11-25-2002, 09:55 PM
:drop2: Pure excellence!! Awesome work, Can't wait for it. When do you plan for releasing?

SettingShadow
11-26-2002, 05:25 AM
Was there any green orcs? Anyway looks good. I just wich the movies would have followed the book and made the orcs black as they really are :mad: I think they changed to much from the book.

Hellfire Jedi
11-26-2002, 08:28 AM
When u plan on releasing Sauron?
Looks good needs some er feet :D

Chairwalker
11-26-2002, 08:36 AM
Squater, some orcs were very darkish green, others were completely gray...i plan to include alot of the diffrenet color's.

As for a release date, i really cant tell.
I still have alot of modeling to do, then theres the skin's...
And lets not forget setting up all the stuff to get it to work in JO :)
So all i can say at this time is that it wont be released this week lol.

Dark Warrior
11-26-2002, 07:08 PM
Wow!:)

Very nice job Chairwalker, looks amazing. Orcs are cool!:D

What program are you using?

ninja
11-27-2002, 03:43 AM
looks very nice. can you make one with and without a helmet? but one covering his face?

Chairwalker
11-27-2002, 06:32 AM
Yes, i was planning to add two helmets,
And found some pretty good ref picture's.
These two helmets will be added :
One for mordor :
http://www.enchantedkingdoms.com/images/LOTR%20Images/Orc_Trapjaw_Helmet.jpg

And one for moria :
http://www.enchantedkingdoms.com/images/LOTR%20Images/S3%20Moria%20Orc%20Helm.jpg

Hellfire Jedi
11-27-2002, 07:37 AM
U useing 3d max?

[JKZ]_Yun
11-27-2002, 08:31 AM
AWESOME work sweet model :thumbsup:

Chairwalker
11-27-2002, 08:47 AM
Yes, i use 3dmax 4.2 to make this.
A friend of mine is doing the skins.
I think he's using photoshop and some skinmapping program.

Oh and im really glad you all like it :)
Thanks for the praises/whatever.

Matt-Liell
11-27-2002, 02:10 PM
it seems u like LOTR models, could i ask u a favour? Ive been asking for a Leoglas model for months nobody has made it after like 3 threads of requests! ill skin it if u make it! could u please help me?

ninja
11-27-2002, 02:39 PM
@ chairwalker, hey wow i have that same helmet in my picture files. the first pic. i like fantasy art and i'm into the armor thing. by the way, have you seen the old animated versions of the hobbit series. i think in that movie "return of the king" the dark rider looked pritty cool. the evil king looking guy with a corwn, with no face just red glowing eyes. maybe that would be a good future sugestion. or just look at alot of fantasy art.

SettingShadow
11-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Make a black version or I wont d/l it :mad: , or maybe I will. But it would be cool with a black Orc, for those who dont know
J.R.R Tolkien described the Orcs black in the books.

Chairwalker
11-27-2002, 05:44 PM
At Matt-Liell Arroblade,
I would love to make a legolas model but i dont like having to much projects all at once, since it causes most artists to lose interest alot quicker.
After i finish either sauron or the orc i will think about it.

At Ninja,
I saw the animated version of The fellowship of the ring
But thats about it.
If you could 'arange' some image's i'd like to have a look at them.

At Squater,
Yes, your right, im not pleased with this color as well.
I wanted it to be darkish grey with a pinch of green but it turned out alot greener in the renderer.
The moria orcs will be green though.
I always imagined them to be like they were in the recent movie.

I dont have anything new to show you all.
Well, i made some boots and a second facial skin.
But i wont upload a new shot untill i finish the mordor helmet.

Matt-Liell
11-27-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Chairwalker
At Matt-Liell Arroblade,
I would love to make a legolas model but i dont like having to much projects all at once, since it causes most artists to lose interest alot quicker.
After i finish either sauron or the orc i will think about it.

thats all i ask! im not rushing u just simply asking a favour, thanks!:D

Chairwalker
11-30-2002, 04:26 PM
There you go, 3 orcs :

http://www.geocities.com/quakersnl/3orcs.txt

Still not happy with the color of the skin.
Im going to have a little talk with my skinner ;)

The helmet has been changed as well.
Instead of three "layers" on the front it has one.
This was done because the three layered version didnt look very good without going over the maximum amount of poly's.

Also, dont tell me the armor doesnt look like in the movies or any other art you've seen.
Im trying to create the orc the way i picture it.
Not create a replica of the movie version.

Matt-Liell
11-30-2002, 04:39 PM
Nice!:D Keep it up! they look good except for the skin colour i agree!

ninja
12-01-2002, 05:13 PM
looken good. you can also make him look meaner by adding two big fangs on his jaw. kinda going upward to his cheek bones. just a thought. cause he kinda looks like a kid orc. and wow it takes a freaking long time to not still be a bontha fodder.

Chairwalker
12-03-2002, 01:21 AM
While im waiting for the moria skins im weighing the bones and working on the lods.

hopefully i will be able to release the model at the end of the week.

Btw, are there any good sounds for orcs ?
I tried recording some from the FOTR dvd but it had to much music etc on the background.

ninja
12-03-2002, 02:17 AM
dude the cartoon version of the hobbit or the return of the king. hey they sound pritty good.

MaaZeus
12-09-2002, 10:00 AM
I think that you should give them more muscles and stronger looking jaw. He looks so thin and weak, so it looks like more goblin than an orc. Anyway good model.

The Truthful Liar
12-09-2002, 02:54 PM
Cool. :cool: These are only the small guys, where are the big fighting Uruk-Hai!? :)

Araegon
12-09-2002, 10:00 PM
lol. dont worry about the Uruk-Hai, they'll get done too.

chairwalker: great work on the models, each one just makes our LOTR TC better and better.

Once the models start getting released, me and the other members of the TC will start finishing the weapon models and putting them ingame.
that way you could play as, say, an Uruk-Hai with the uruk-hai scemtar

Pnut_Man
12-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Damnit Chair, didn't know you were this good...lol

Some very nice work in this thread; will be awaiting a beta version =)

Chairwalker
12-19-2002, 06:37 PM
Ask an ye shall receive.

www.geocities.com/quakersnl/orc.zip

There, a beta :)

It has no lods, so i wouldnt spawn to many as it would cause some serious lag (especially on low end pc's)

Also,he/it holds the saber a little bit tilted to the right.
And lets not forget the lack of Moria-orc skins, still working on those.

*edit :
It seems you need to copy the url into your clipboard instead of clicking on it.
Damn geocities.

Also, i forgot to mention some more details :
It has custom sounds but i think they still need some work.
It has 3 skins : Default, Mordora and Mordorb.
The icon is just a 80% blackened picture with "orc" written on it in red, dont worry ill fix it in the final release.

Hellfire Jedi
12-19-2002, 06:49 PM
Dude
Ur site is overloaded i cant download it I NEED TO GET IT!! Please find another way for us to get it!!! Thanks Man!!

Hellfire

Hekx
12-19-2002, 06:55 PM
The hips / butt area look a little too chubby and the feet seem too small. Good falling sound too :thumbsup:

If you need a mirror download; try here (http://www.hekxnoxu.idz.net/files/orc.zip).

- Edit -
To help show you what I mean about the model:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webb.home/stuff/Foot.jpg
Looks a little too small.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webb.home/stuff/Hips.jpg
The hips / lower body area looks a little too big; maybe shrink it down a little.

These are just my observations feel free to comment ;)

Hellfire Jedi
12-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Uhmm.......
Its good i think ;) but couple things
There are certain parts that clip into the body like the loincloth. Also how do i use the helmet version? I think i typed one wrong i got kyle's body and the orc helmet with kyles head under it ^_^.

Hellfire

Hekx
12-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
Uhmm.......
Its good i think ;) but couple things
There are certain parts that clip into the body like the loincloth. Also how do i use the helmet version? I think i typed one wrong i got kyle's body and the orc helmet with kyles head under it ^_^.

Hellfire /model orc
/model orc/mordora
/model orc/mordorb
;)

Chairwalker
12-19-2002, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the mirror Hkx Nx :D
And yes, i agree, the hips are to big.

"Looks a little too small. "
You mean the feet are to small ?
Or the armor thingy ? like how it goes into the leg.

All the clipping issue's will be fixed, once i get the time to do it.

Hekx
12-19-2002, 07:51 PM
The foot looks a little too small.
Maybe make it a little larger in length.
Maybe if you want to add some toes; the only picture I can find as a reference shot looks like a collecter's model (http://landfantasy.free.fr/Figurines/Lotr/Moria%20Orc%20Archerpf.jpg) :D

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/webb.home/stuff/foot2.jpgAdd a little length maybe some toes ;)

I'm just watching the animated version of LOTR; the Orcs look like newspapers crossed with Tusken Raiders :lol:

Chairwalker
12-19-2002, 08:10 PM
I used that as a ref-pic for the face/head.

I'll make em longer, adding toes wont be possible though, since he's wearing boots :p

Hellfire Jedi
12-19-2002, 08:55 PM
U gonna fix the saber error?

Hellfire

Chairwalker
12-21-2002, 09:34 PM
Yes, ill fix it.

I think im going to work on Sauron before i work on the orc.
What do you guy's think ?

Hellfire Jedi
12-21-2002, 10:13 PM
I want him bad more than the orc.....

El Sitherino
12-21-2002, 11:17 PM
yeah that sounds good. i think ill make me own LOTR weapons pack ill make saurons mace. oh check out the will make weapon models to get a link to see my quick mockups of legolas' sword and the elvish battle sword.

Hekx
12-22-2002, 12:57 AM
Maybe you should try and model Legolas' bow.
Hopefully someone will make a bow-and-arrow modification for the bryar pistol since there's already shurikans and stuff :D

I think Sauron would be a much better model to be released; but the choice is up to you ;)

Is there a LOTR: TC Team? If so, do they have a website?

El Sitherino
12-22-2002, 02:23 AM
i was thinkin the bow replace the wookie crossbow and i could make a spear for the stun baton and like try to put the punch animation to be used when you hit attack and for bryar i was gonna do like little axes or something not sure i dont know but anyways yeah sauron would be better being finished first. but whatever you wanna do chairwalker. and i believe there is a LOTR TC team. dont know their site.

{BK}SupremePain
12-22-2002, 11:11 AM
as far i can judge, the skin on the feet of the orc in game are to blurry, the colers look weird, now i dont know if its just the guy thats taken those pictures that has a bad video card

SettingShadow
12-30-2002, 01:00 AM
I just downloaded it (heh), and I must say its great, sorry for complaining on the model before :o . Its really superb.....

{BK}SupremePain
12-30-2002, 05:14 AM
:eek: is the model out already? by the way i forgot to mention before other then that feet skin it realy is looking totaly sweet as far i can judge

Matt-Liell
12-30-2002, 06:14 AM
Release Sauron first id say, and legolas's bow would be my fav weapon if someone could make it! im still looking for a guy to make a legolas model for me to skin!

Olo
01-07-2003, 04:31 PM
THen you'd put it with your moder, right?

ninja
01-08-2003, 06:55 PM
wow i thought it was already finished i think the last time the modeler said he only needed to make some helmets or something.

Chairwalker
01-08-2003, 07:05 PM
technically its finished, i just cant get it to export correctly with all the LODS.

TrUnKs69
01-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Man all these LOTR Models and skins in proogress.I mean like legolas, Orcs, Gimli and there is also the swords which you can already download.Also the skins packs.With all this Lord of the rings stuff i reckon soon someone will make a Lord of the rings mod.Which Would Rock.

Admiral_Ackbar8
01-12-2003, 06:39 PM
those pictures look great :D
keep up the good work!

Legolas
01-19-2003, 07:56 AM
The model is very good

ninja
01-21-2003, 03:12 AM
i sense we will be playing this bad-ass guy very very soon, cant wait. i'm just a sucker for fantasy stuff.

ninja
02-14-2003, 02:30 AM
hows this going?

_NinjaGaiden_
02-14-2003, 02:40 AM
WOW is he going to be featured in the upcoming LOTR TC? Very good work so far :)

Strider74205
02-18-2003, 05:11 PM
is any more work being done on this model?

just wondering cause it looks REALLY good as is, and there hasn't been any posts lately.

Clemme w/Stick
02-18-2003, 05:19 PM
We wants it..! Pure excellence I tell ya!
I'm looking forward to try the Beta!

-Clemme

Khier
02-21-2003, 10:02 PM
Very nice, there, a few LOTR models are being made now, and that's really great, there was a Sauron model being made a while ago, don't know what happened to it though........

Wes Marrakesh
02-21-2003, 11:26 PM
He's doing the Sauron model, Khier :p

Nice work on the Orc, Chair. Now where's that Dire Avenger gone off too? ;)

Hekx
02-21-2003, 11:40 PM
Are the sounds done for the model? If not, I can help. I wouldn't want to hear an Orc sounding like Kyle.... :D

Elrond
02-22-2003, 05:47 PM
Do you have any pictures of Sauron? Id like to see them if you do.

SkiTzoGuy
03-08-2003, 02:42 AM
WoW!..
Very neat model... Keep up the good work!

:koon: :vadar: :jango: :duel:

Plze if you are so willing, i would like to have some credits so i can start saving up for a Glowy name :D Thank you

Frumpus
03-16-2003, 01:41 AM
Woah! Have I ever been away from this forum a LONG time!

(BTW, what's with the credit system??)

Lookin' good on the Toklien-inspired WIPs, all. Keep it up!

Psyk0Sith
03-16-2003, 03:08 AM
You can use your credits to buy "stuff" from the store (http://www.lucasforums.com/store.php?s=&action=main)

Like glowy name, image signatures, midi profile custom titles...

Oh and welcome back :D

DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 03:38 AM
Hmm never noticed that. Cool model.

ninja
03-23-2003, 08:26 PM
wassabi? orc orc orc rrrraaaarrrrr.

ninja
04-08-2003, 02:45 AM
hows this model doing? its like 95% finished or something right?

Chairwalker
04-08-2003, 03:10 AM
I totaly forgot about these projects :o
But dont worry, time is on my side now, i've started working on them again.
Expect an update real soon.

ninja
04-08-2003, 04:08 AM
lol welcome back chair.

.:Solusar:.
04-08-2003, 04:22 AM
Wow nice models. will there be an orc pack? with Uruk Hai and all that stuff? just wonderin cause that would be cool with all those ugly creatures hehe.. not saying your model is, your model rocks, i was referring to the one in the movie getting slaughtered heheh.

ninja
04-08-2003, 04:26 AM
well from what i remember he's doing a ork with 2 helmet styles. and one without a helmet. and i cant remember if there is another ork without a helmet. but so far i guess only three to choose from.

Chairwalker
04-08-2003, 05:12 AM
That was sortof the original plan.
Now im going to add more variaties, plus some moria orcs.
Maybe i'll make an Uruk'hai aswell, maybe not...

All i know is that you'll have to wait ;)
As soon as i have something to show i will.

ninja
04-08-2003, 08:17 AM
hey thats great news. sounds like a fantabulous plan to me lol.

Elegant
04-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Where can I find your models??? I can't wait!!!

<>~Amras~<>

Chairwalker
04-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Im afraid the orc beta was lost, so i have to redo some things here and there, plus make some additions.

04-11-2003, 02:53 AM
Thats ok just do your work and do your best and then your become one of the legendary modelers :D Im sure your going to do a great job with these Orc or whatever. anyway are there any new updates on these guys? or orcs.:p

SkiTzoGuy
04-11-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by CyBerNetiX
Thats ok just do your work and do your best and then your become one of the legendary modelers :D Im sure your going to do a great job with these Orc or whatever. anyway are there any new updates on these guys? or orcs.:p

Yea thats right you make a good model that everyone likes and you will become a famous and refered modeler. I hope that fate comes in your path. ;) :D

the_Beast
04-11-2003, 05:39 AM
they should make one big lotr mod

ninja
04-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by the_Beast
they should make one big lotr mod

i think someone already is.

Shotokan
04-12-2003, 11:13 PM
wow das pretty neat. howd u like to go run around as an orc with a lightsaber? hehe

04-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Shotokan
wow das pretty neat. howd u like to go run around as an orc with a lightsaber? hehe

That would be an interesting thing. An orc from Middle earth that has a lightsaber.. That would be scary. Anyway good model mesa like dis one

Matt-Liell
04-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Get Sauron done and I'll be happy lol!:p

ninja
04-13-2003, 01:02 AM
hell yeah, sauron is a must. too bad i cant see what it looks like because geocities is retarded :(

04-13-2003, 02:22 AM
LOL @ ninja
you always say geocities is retarded. Yea and i must agree with you that sauron is a must. and so is Gandalf but i don't really know how is making gandalf. Anyway I can't wait till i get to play sauron in games. That would be pretty interesting to see.
:D

ninja
04-13-2003, 07:21 PM
lol yeah i'm disapointed with the service geocities has mainly because i made a web page there before when it used to be all free.

Elegant
04-14-2003, 08:20 PM
I thought this thread was dead, so I post and WHAM!!! a ton of responces... :) :D

Chairwalker
04-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Due to "real life syndrome" i've put this one in the fridge once more...
Sorry :deathstar

Matt-Liell
04-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Due to "real life syndrome" i've put this one in the fridge once more...
Sorry :deathstar

I know how you feel I had to do that too! But today I was released from the hospital and I'm working on my models again. Sorry to hear this though Chairwalker you have alot of skill and your Sauron model owned!:(

04-18-2003, 10:07 PM
owned? :( Thats a past tense verb and i don't like the way the face looked.. Does this mean that there is no more sauron? or orcs? :( Someone please tell me im wrong.:confused: If I am not wrong then thats a shame cause i really liked this model and was looking foreward into playing with it.

SkiTzoGuy
04-18-2003, 11:39 PM
No Sauron or Orc Model! :(
Thats a bummer, i was really hoping these two would come out.

Matt-Liell
04-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Chairwalker, I know I am asking alot with this but hear me out,

I'm not sure whats going on but if you aren't going to work on these anymore could I finish Sauron? Again I know I am asking alot but you will get all the credit you rightly deserve and much more! Its ok if you say no, its your model, its just dissapointing for others and I to see such great skill lost.:(

04-19-2003, 02:57 PM
Starts to cry.:cry6: :crybaby: :ball:
I really was looking forward to seeing this model, Cries more, :cry6: Anyway Matt is making an offer to you, plze respawn to it.

Matt-Liell
04-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Can anybody contact Chairwalker for me or tell me how to contact him?

04-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell
Can anybody contact Chairwalker for me or tell me how to contact him?

Sorry but i don't know his email address, the only thing i can do is to PM him but that probably wont do anything since i haven't seen him in quite a while. :(

Chairwalker
04-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Umm, hi :rolleyes:
The biggest reason why i stopped working on it is because i recently started working on a game that will actually be sold.

But because the coders are working rather slowly, im way ahead on schedule.
Now, im not promising anything, but i'll see if i can release the orc.
(if i could only get him to hold his saber correctly :mad: )
I would have to redo the sounds though since i lost those :(
(if ANYONE has the old orc beta, i would really appreciate it if you could send it to me)

Speaking of losing stuff, the other reason i stopped working on these is that i lost the sauron model....
all i have now is an outdated, unskinned sauron with nothing but a torso and head....
If you want it though....i could give it to you.... no problem.

Matt-Liell
04-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Umm, hi :rolleyes:
The biggest reason why i stopped working on it is because i recently started working on a game that will actually be sold.

But because the coders are working rather slowly, im way ahead on schedule.
Now, im not promising anything, but i'll see if i can release the orc.
(if i could only get him to hold his saber correctly :mad: )
I would have to redo the sounds though since i lost those :(
(if ANYONE has the old orc beta, i would really appreciate it if you could send it to me)

Speaking of losing stuff, the other reason i stopped working on these is that i lost the sauron model....
all i have now is an outdated, unskinned sauron with nothing but a torso and head....
If you want it though....i could give it to you.... no problem.

Sure I'll take it, send it here! (lojik89@hotmail.com)

Chairwalker
04-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Ok, im gonna finish this Orc, then i'll see if i can give Sauron a body before i hand it to you.

Matt-Liell
04-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Sure great!:D

Chairwalker
04-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Ok the orc is kinda finished now, im not gonna post a pic cuz im sure my geocities acount would get overloaded within 15 minutes ;)
Im not gonna release it either, yet..
This is because of the lack of LOD's....when i spawned about 10 of em things got kinda choppy...

Im gonna see if i can get some lods on this critter, then i'll work on saurons body.

*edit*
Right now i have 4 mordor orc and 3 moria orc variations.

ninja
04-24-2003, 03:08 AM
hey welcome back chairwalker. its always great to know another model is going to be released. so whats this game your talking about that i can buy :) whats it based on?:D

Chairwalker
04-24-2003, 03:46 PM
All i can say is that it envolves pirates :)

Moria and Mordor orcs are finished now, working on the sounds at this moment.
Im also thinking about throwing in an Uruk'hai or two....

ninja
04-25-2003, 04:43 AM
hey thats great to hear :D oh and pirates? i have always loved pirates since a kid. always wanted to know more about BLACK BEARD. hey that would be awsome. captain hook lol. arg swap thee decks ya yellow belly swine :p

Chairwalker
04-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Ok, its ready to be uploaded..... where should i submit it ?
Jk2files ? or should i ask jediknightii if they could be kind enough to add it to their model collection ?

Hellfire Jedi
04-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Jk2files.com
Jkii.net is down at the mo, so you send it wont get posted...not untill its fixed MAYBE.

Pnut_Man
05-03-2003, 12:30 AM
It's finally up for download! Excellent job Chair! http://jk2files.com/file.info?ID=13448

Chairwalker
05-05-2003, 05:49 AM
Yeah, it seems like something went wrong when i submitted it the first time.
Im glad its up now.

ninja
05-30-2003, 07:34 PM
is it me or does this model not have bot support? i wanna fight a orc as well as play one.

ninja
06-05-2003, 09:16 PM
whats up on the bot support?

ninja
06-22-2003, 10:33 PM
still wondering about my same question. any feed back? wheres the bot support?

Chairwalker
07-16-2003, 11:17 PM
Didnt expect to see this thread... I'll see if i can whip up some simple bot support.....

*edit*
Put this in your base folder :
http://www.melodramatik.ca/chairwalker/orcbots.pk3

The Cheat
07-17-2003, 01:00 AM
sweet, glad to see some bot support for this cool model

ninja
07-18-2003, 06:55 AM
thanks chairwalker.