PDA

View Full Version : desert island bliss

Joshi
12-04-2002, 02:16 PM
yay! a brand new game.

okay, first, i need six contestants, no more, no less. then what happens is that io send you off to a desert island with only three items which you may choose yourself.(you may take your clothes, but be realistic about this and try not to be difficult by saying that a certain item is a part of clothing.). then i will put you into differetnt scenarios and situations and you can only use the items you brought to get out of these predicaments. after the first scenario, one of you will be taken out of the game because either you couldn't get yourself out of the predicament, or you did it in an untimely fasion (ie, you got yourself out in a timeframe that would be unrealistic, it'll become more clear as we go along)

at the end, there will be one clear winner and she/he will get a special prize.

Feral
12-04-2002, 07:04 PM
Is this going to be anything like William Golding's 1954 novel, Lord of the Flies?
And it depends on when this begins; if it's anytime before Saturday, don't bother counting me; I just won't have the time.

Darth Eggplant
12-04-2002, 08:56 PM
I hope it is going to be like KILLFROG.com's
ultimate survivor:D I'm willing to give it a go
against the Cyber Zombies,
The Evil Piggies,
Kev,
Susie,
Kitty,
the Doc
and Woof.

Yabaloo!

Deadmeat_X
12-05-2002, 11:16 AM
Sure count me in.

As for my 3 items (tell me if this is too fast):
-A bucket
-Bill Gates' glasses
-A christmas star

Guybrush122
12-05-2002, 09:30 PM
I'm in.

Al-back from the BigWhoop
12-05-2002, 09:45 PM
fine, im in.

i ll take a giant rubberband, a knife that also works as a pen and a bottle opener (i have such knife, so it counts :p) and (does "a monkey" count? if not then i ll take) a banana picker

Tyrion
12-05-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm in.

A lightsaber(oops,did you mean realistic?;))

A IPAQ souped uped.(GPS reciever and all that ****,with my favortie mp3's)

50 Battery packs.

:D

Guybrush122
12-05-2002, 10:40 PM
oops! sorry!

ill take....

-a knife

-a rope

-a flare gun with lots of flares

SuicidalXWing
12-06-2002, 10:42 AM
Oddly enough I had to do this for an English essay last year in school.

I would take:

a lighter
a hatchet
Murray

Feral
12-06-2002, 07:59 PM
My 3 items shall be:
A football/soccer ball
Sleeping bag
Axe

Acrylic
12-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Gosh! Snaps finger. Dang, I'm one person too late. Oh well.

Joshi
12-07-2002, 03:39 PM
okay, so in no oredr whatsoever, thesee are the contestants and there belongings.

The Feral Chicken
A football/soccer ball
Sleeping bag
Axe

SuicidalXWing
a lighter
a hatchet
Murray

Guybrush122
-a knife
-a rope

Tyrion

A lightsaber(i did mean realistic, please choose something else and i'll edit this post)

A IPAQ souped uped.(GPS reciever and all that... sorry, you can't have the mp3's they are extra items)

50 Battery packs.

i ll take a giant rubberband
a knife that also works as a pen and a bottle opener (i have such knife, so it counts )
(does "a monkey" count? if not then i ll take) a banana picker

[/b]Deadmeat_X[b]
-A bucket
-Bill Gates' glasses
-A christmas star

as i cans ee, some people have some work to do, so i'll give you till wednesday to change your items if you wish, and then we will begin. i am taking no more contestants (because i never expected to get a full six in the first place, but now i come to think about it, any more will make it boring after a while)

Darth Eggplant
12-07-2002, 03:44 PM
I forgot to list my items,
guess I'm shark bait
out in the lagoon.:D
maybe next game I'll get it right.

12-09-2002, 01:04 PM
- giant rubberband
- those multi-use pocket knifes with bottle opener and pen
- talking old lady doll with a volume button

there, im ready

SuicidalXWing
12-09-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm sticking with the items I chose.

Deadmeat_X
12-10-2002, 06:54 AM
OK I change my items:
-A bucket
-slingshot
-Bungee rope

Joshi
12-11-2002, 04:51 PM
okay, so in no order whatsoever, these are the contestants and there belongings.

The Feral Chicken
A football/soccer ball
Sleeping bag
Axe

SuicidalXWing
a lighter
a hatchet
Murray

Guybrush122
-a knife
-a rope

- giant rubberband

[/b]Deadmeat_X
-A bucket
-slingshot
-Bungee rope

cosidering Tyron didn't change his (and he cant take a lightsaber) i guess he's out. in his replacement, will be...

[b]Darth Eggplant

who i give until friday for his items.

Kj°len
12-16-2002, 09:16 PM
Me me! I in!

- non-match starting dynamite
- a pistol w/bullets with retractable blade under the handle.
- Mr. Weasel :D (ok ok a pet if it's against the rules, a vicious weasel :D)

12-18-2002, 12:52 PM
i wonder where neil joshi is.

*cuts to next scene: neil is a prisioner in an illegal fishing boat, and some drunken evil pirates are poking him with a stick, asking where is monkey island*

Kj°len
12-18-2002, 01:10 PM
ROFL!!! :D
Those EMI parts crack me up.
As long as no one stole Neils password we're ok.

*cuts to a scene where the pirates catch Neil running away and find him and bring him in for questioning.

Joshi
12-18-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Al-back from the BigWhoop
i wonder where neil joshi is.

*cuts to next scene: neil is a prisioner in an illegal fishing boat, and some drunken evil pirates are poking him with a stick, asking where is monkey island*

someones been reading my diary journal.:D

okay, no we have

The Feral Chicken
A football/soccer ball
Sleeping bag
Axe

SuicidalXWing
a lighter
a hatchet
Murray

Guybrush122
-a knife
-a rope

- giant rubberband

Deadmeat_X
-A bucket
-slingshot
-Bungee rope

and

Kj°len
- non-match starting dynamite
- a pistol w/bullets with retractable blade under the handle.
- Mr. Weasel
we'll start tomorrow :)

Deadmeat_X
12-25-2002, 04:17 AM
Tomorrow has come and gone Neil. Please don't let this game die.

Guybrush122
12-29-2002, 07:01 AM
i wanna plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

12-29-2002, 03:33 PM
seems like neil is having some troubles...

*looks up, imagining*

*rofl*

Answer right now
Just to tell you once again,
Who's back...

Joshi
12-30-2002, 10:02 AM
troubles, it's just that i have some very important exams coming up which i would rather nto fail if it's all the same to you. but due to everyiones consistant nagging, here we go.

you've just arrived on a desert island not unlike Monkey island. it is full of monkey's and nothing much else. it is completely uninhabited. there is a beach running all around the island apart from a rock overhanging on the east side with caves which the ocean runs into. there is a volcano in the middle of the island. it is located somewhere in the caribbean so it's pretty hot. and you six have just arrived. the ship you came in on crashed on the rocks and sank with no other survivors apart from yourselves. the only things you could salvage off of the ship before it retreated to the ocean bed were the possesions you stated. there are plenty of trees and wildlife around you, but this will be explained in more detail later.

before the ship sank, you recieve a message via telegraph but were in too much of a hurry to decipher it there and then. when on the beach, with nothing mroe than the clothes on your backa nd the possessions from the ship as well as each other, you read the message. it reads:

We have recieved word that your ship is sinking off the coast of Death Island on the carribean. we will send a ship, but as it is, the waters are so trecherous around that area that we can only send a dinghy big enough for two people and it will be a while, at least a few weeks time. we are sorry that so many people will be left behind but that is how tihngs are going to be.

now it's up to you. within the next few weeks, there will be a series fo event that will happen, killing off one of you at a time until the last man alive will be rescued. who will it be?

The First Task
You have been standing for half an hour on the beach of Death island talking about what is going to happen and how none of you will ever see each other again after this. suddenly, you hear a rustling in the bushes behind you. you all watch wearily as the rustling gets more violent. suddenly out jumps a jaguar and lands in the middle of you all. it looks at each of you contemplating it's next move. it pounces on each of you and one by one tries to fight you. when it's kiled you, or when it's been beaten by you, it moves onto the next one until all are dealt with, and then it leaves.

who will survive this attack? now it's up to you, come up with way that you could have survived this using your objects, but make it believeable (ei, you didn't use your teddybear with armour piercing lasers to kill the thing). rmemeber, if you wan't to, you could help each other and fight it together, or you could put others lives in danger and have the strongest member killed to your liking. anything goes here. will you be the nice loser, or the hard mean winner?

submissions in by friday.

Feral
12-30-2002, 10:23 AM
I assume I just post it here...

I get the jag's attention, then kick the ball over away from us (but not too far). The jaguar goes to the ball. While it is busy with it, I jam my axe deep into it's spine. Letting out a blood-curdling cry, the jaguar keels over and dies, but not before popping my football.

Joshi
12-30-2002, 10:32 AM
yeah, just post it here. i figure that if all posts for this go nito one thread, then in a year or so's time, we can come back and reminise over good times.

also, i will be cutting and copying all to a word program. i will also put a post after each persons submission so they can't change it after (if they edit it, the edit won't count because i'll have the original in my word doc)

so here's the one for feral (you can edit for spelling mistake, but only if they're fatal and chagne what you were meant to say, either way check with me first).

carry on.

Kj°len
12-30-2002, 11:05 AM
Well I'll just take out my trusty gun and shoot it. Though, I'm nice, So i dont kill it, just stop it from killing me.

OR I could let it get close to me, then jam the dynamite on him and run.

OR I could sic Mr. Weasel on him, Mr. Weasel is alway superiour. If that is unbalievable, then lets just say than I used Mr. Weasel as bait so that i could run as the jaguar is eating :p

PS - You did say as MANY different ways possible right?

Joshi
12-31-2002, 07:12 AM
this one's for K-jo. by the way, i'm being nice and olny going with the gun thing, i could have gone with the dynamite thing and therefor you wouldn't have Dynamite left, but you've still got it. just a note, from now one, no muliple scenarios, just one thanx.

Guybrush122
12-31-2002, 12:51 PM
I would take out my trusty flare gun and fire a flare at the sand, the sparks and fire would frighten the beast and it would run away. (Note: I said flare gun with MANY flares so, heh, I still have the flare gun for future tasks :p)

Joshi
12-31-2002, 01:09 PM
and kjolen still has bullet left in his gun.

you post is now counted so no changing it. :D (amazing i got this response in two days)

Deadmeat_X
01-01-2003, 05:01 AM
I run away, and the jaguar follows me. I arrive at the rocks at the eastside of the island and quickly climb them. When on top I look down, see the jaguar, and faint....I drop my bucket, and because of pure coincidence, it falls over the head of the animal and blinds him. The beast panics, runs away and, after 50 meters, runs into a rock.

When I regain cocience, I see the passed out jaguar, so I climb down, kick it, and before it runs away, take back my bucket.

The jaguar runs back to the other people...

Joshi
01-01-2003, 06:44 AM
Ooh, a little imagination there. here's a post for deatmeat_x

01-03-2003, 04:29 AM
i ll turn on my old lady doll the loudest. the feroucious animal looks at it quite curious at first. when the doll starts to annoy the beast, i run toward suicidalxwing and put it in his back. the beast looks at the poor and frightened contestant, thinking the sound is comming from him. the jaguar decides to chase him

---can i decide other players actions? if the following is illegal, plz just disregard it. thx. btw- i intend to get back my doll---

suicidalxwing runs away and eventually the doll falls off, but the jaguar is too busy chasing the him to realise this. while the jaguar runs after suicidalxwing, i get my doll back

ps- oh, the irony: the object i though i would use less turned out to b the first one i used, lol

NiKo
01-03-2003, 04:54 AM
I cant believe I missed such a cool game!!
I sure do hope there will be a sequel to this game...heh,

01-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Neil Joshi
submissions in by friday.

and by "friday" u meant...?

comeon neil, get this game moving, i aint paying u to sit around and do nothing :mad:

... ;)

Joshi
01-06-2003, 02:23 PM
maybe if somebody around here gave me a raise...

anyway. so friday came and went. so now i have to give the unfortunate bad news to the guy who i think would have died.

it was a close call between Al and Deadmeat because neither of their plans would have worked. Al, if the doll is distracting the jaguar, then surely the jaguar would be angry when you take it away (to put in X-wings back) so it would have attacked to instantly. and deadmeat, a jaguar could easily outrun a human, hands(paws) down. it would have pounced and killed you before you nmade it to the east side of shore (i didn't mention where you were to begin with, but either way, the jaguar would have caught you, they are very good climbers and could have got you climbing the rock face).

so i had to see which was more feasable. normally i would choose out of who would be most likely to die, but because you are both likely to die, i have to pick via means of imagination. who used the most imagination (which is why imagination is important in this game, it may just see that you survive, so K-jo's "i shot him" scenario only worked because it was feasable and would have kept him alive. but please in future be more creative it's a more enjoyable game that way)

so the loser out of Deadmeat_x and Al bBack from Big Whoop is

SuicidalXWing. he didn't submit a scenario and Al sealed his fate.

this means you all have another chance. so this time, try to be mroe creative like deadmeat and al. and i would also like to ask this of you. make sure that you don't kill or stop the next threat, otherwise it threatening the next contestant wont make sense. use you're imagination and make this good.

the next scenario will be tomorrow. (i promise)

Kj°len
01-06-2003, 05:53 PM
so the loser out of Deadmeat_x and Al bBack from Big Whoop is

SuicidalXWing. he didn't submit a scenario

ROFL!!! :rofl:
That killed me, ahhh that was a good one :p

SuicidalXWing
01-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Figures, I'm not around a computer, and it took so long for you to bring the story up. I was gone for a week, and just got home last night. Well, I'm gonna post an interesting demise, just to make it more enjoyable for myself and others.

Story:

The jaguar eyed each person, I however had my back turned and was lost in thought. The jaguar sensing an easy attack, leaped on me and began ripping me apart. Murray is knocked from my hand and begins laughing at me, and commenting on how his evil made it happen.

*END*

Hope you enjoyed, I'm not feeling very imaginative right now, what with finding out I'm dead and such.

01-06-2003, 10:01 PM
nice way to narrate your death, nothing better than a good loser :) (and nothing worse than a bad winner: HAHAHA, I WIN! U LOSE! HA!! :D ;))

NiKo
01-07-2003, 07:57 AM
*just then, a raft takes shore on the island and on it is Niko with a few items*

*Niko is shoed away by Neil*

*Niko mumbles and heads back to the raft leaving the island*

:p

Joshi
01-07-2003, 01:27 PM
shortly after, niko dies on sea inb a terrible storm. his spirit lives on on escapemi, ready to live another day (and take part in desert island bliss 2).

he's still as funny as ever.

okay, so you all (apart from SuicidalXWing who we shall all miss as we eat his carcass) have survived the first test.

big evening draws near. one of you decides it's time to build a fire, but there's only one problem. it's starts raining.

one even bigger problem, a guy in a suit and tie comes along and starts telling you that a monsoon is on it's way, then he leaves abruptly with no explanation of who he was, where he came from and how he got here.

A little rain never hurt anybody. a monsoon kills. who will survive. using you're remaining items, get out of this messy predicament.

good luck.;)

01-07-2003, 06:29 PM
wots a monson? cant find it in my dictionary...

btw, next tuesday (jan 14th) i ll leave for a week, and only come back jan 21st. i dont think i ll find a pc where im going, and even if i find one, its not likelly it will have internet, so ne1 has any idea of how i could go to the trip and not leave the game?

i though of this calendary, and if every1 is agreed, i would b very thankfull to u all:
deadline of 2nd task/presentation of 3rd task - jan 12th
deadline of 3rd task/presentation of 4rd task - jan 17th or 18th
deadline of 4th task/presentation of 5th task - jan 23rd

of course the dates could b changed, im trying to make it so i dont need to leave the game (unless i lose of course) and yall dont die of boredom because of me.

thx in advance for every1 :)

Kj°len
01-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Using on of my dynamite sticks, I blow a huge hole in the side of the cliff that was meantioned before. I run far from the cliff to keep from hitting rocks, or even if the entire cliff falls. Using the hole or rocks that was blown, I go into the hoe or any crack and use the boulderd that were blown up to cover the entrance and stay inside until it all blows over, wickedly, holding on to anything, if the "door" boulders fail.

01-07-2003, 08:21 PM
wots a monson? cant find it in my dictionary...
kjo told me through MSN

i get in the middle of the rocks or in a crack. using the giant rubberband, i ll attach myself to a couple of large boulders or something that prevents me from being pulled/pushed in case some nasty wind gets to me

Joshi
01-08-2003, 02:14 PM
yep, i forgot to put the deadline for this. so tuesday (in accordance to Al back from Big whoop and his holiday (possibly back to big whoop? :D )) and then it will carry on like that. (so possible every tuesday)

Feral
01-08-2003, 03:18 PM
I dig myself a small burrow in the forest with my trusty axe, the rats and insects scurrying as I do so. I cut down a tree as part of this, then cut it up into firewood. I use the rest to tie my sleping bag to it; it shall serve as a windsock to tell me when the wind is picking up. To prevent it from blowing off completely, I shove my now-burst football onto the top, which I have sharpened into a spear-point.
I cover my burrow-area from the rain with the cut-out vines, creppers, and hedges, and set a fire up with my firewood. When I notice the wind picking up, I run to get my sleeping bag, climb into it, and squeeze up into my burrow, praying for salvation from this dreadful island...

Joshi
01-08-2003, 03:51 PM
hey feral, if ever you find yourself with a large cut on your hand, you can press it to your football and make a Wilson. :D

Kj°len
01-08-2003, 06:06 PM
Well isn't someone feeling in especially good humour lately? :D

01-08-2003, 07:11 PM
u know, one could interpret that in many ways... ;P

SuicidalXWing
01-08-2003, 08:18 PM
*begins to haunt those remaining on the island, and since nobody thought to have a ghostbuster as one of their objects, they're doomed to be tormented by bad jokes and off key singing*

01-08-2003, 09:58 PM
*gostly suicidalxwing wanders in forest*

oh, now i see wot u meant when u said u couldnt die...

*gostly suicidalxwing looks at me, than comes in my way*

oh god, thats gonna b painfull...

erm... pretend this never happened, for every1's sake :D

Deadmeat_X
01-09-2003, 11:10 AM
A monsoon...wtf is a monsoon...? I spend some time trying to figure that out, and also how on earth Neil came up with the man in the suit. Eventually, I know two things:
1. A monsoon is something bad
2. Neil is good at creating realistic events...

Luckily, I hear Kjo whispering in Al's ear (trough MSN) what a monsoon is. Fear strikes me. I take a look at my items...a bucket, a slingshot and a bungee rope...Two pieces of rubber and one dented bucket...I'm doomed...

Wait! I get an idea! What if I use the rubbers to tie myself to the rock surface? That way I would get blown away!

When I look over my shoulder, I see Al doing the same thing. Even if that would work (hardly think so), I'd probably get 'killed' for lack of inspiration...I'm doomed...

With the storm closing in, i get desperat. Feral has dug a nice hole, Kjo has his cave, Al is strapped to the rocks, and I'm there, in the rain, with no clue on how to solve this. I already escaped death once (Neil: I can run VERY fast), but this seems hopeless...I wish I had chosen better items...

I wish I was behind my computer, thinking this up...

After some time, I decide to step out of the timeframe...Just as I'm about to hit 'fast forward' i hear Neil's voice...
you got yourself out in a timeframe that would be unrealistic...I'm doomed...

Right! Time is closing in, so no time to waste! Using the bungee rope and a boulder, I build a contraption on the top of the cliff, and use it to remove one of the builders in front of Kjo's cave (I could draw it if you want), and get into the cave, for some nice private time with Kjo in the dark...

(I know, this solution sucks. My items sucks. I suck. I hope to win the price for best storytelling. Please don't kill me Kjo)

(Neil, you're probably gonna say something like "You didnt have time to build that" or "It would work". That's why I'm gonna draw my contraption. Hold on)

Deadmeat_X
01-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Right, I told you I would draw it! Here, take good look at this! Completely fool proof (yes Neil, I even calculated the maximum length of the bungee rope. So you can't say something like "The rope will get too long").

http://www.freewebs.com/fromearth/contraption.JPG

(you might have to copy & paste)

SuicidalXWing
01-09-2003, 11:52 AM
What if there isn't a tree you can tie the cord to?
How do you know your bungee cord will be able to support the boulders in front of Kj°'s cave?

01-09-2003, 12:00 PM
a better question: y r u doing taht?

btw, when kjo exploded a cave, he gave 2 alternatives:

1-the whole mountain colapses, in that case i get myself under all thoses rocks and then attack me to the biggest one i can find down there.

2- it opens a cave with lots of cracks, in that case i enter one crack inside the cave and then attack me to the biggest boulder i can find down there.

SuicidalXWing
01-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Doing what?

*throws Murray at Al*

Deadmeat_X
01-09-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by SuicidalXWing
What if there isn't a tree you can tie the cord to?
How do you know your bungee cord will be able to support the boulders in front of Kj°'s cave?

Ow common!

How did Al know there's a proper rock nearby?
How does Kjolen light his dynamite?
How does....

I can carry on like that for some time...It's a fantasystory, so don't go whining...

Kj°len
01-09-2003, 05:17 PM
My dynamite is self lighting remember?

get away Deadmeat ;) :p

01-09-2003, 05:44 PM
a better question: y r u doing taht?

by that i meant, y is deadmeat taking of stones from the cave we r hinding inside?

SuicidalXWing
01-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Because, he's lost hope after seeing me ripped to shreds, he realizes he could be next.

Deadmeat_X
01-11-2003, 05:29 AM
Kjo made a cave right? To hide in? Well, I want to be in that cave as well, because I can't come up with anything, but Kjo has blocked the entrance with builders. So, to get in, I have to remove one of those rocks right?

I don't think it's THAT hard to follow...

And Xwing, I haven't lost hope. I trust in our fair judge Neil.

Joshi
01-11-2003, 10:25 AM
hang on a second, has everyone asnwered. well, anyway, i'm not actually judging tuill tuesday anyway (remember) so you all still ahve time to add on to this scenario. K-jo, have a conversation with deadmeat or something. maybe one of you could find a way to kill the other. suicidal XWing could haunt us some more. but for now, i'm going to narrate some more.
just for future referance, a monsoon is basically a lot of rain, and i mean a lot. it cauises floods in an instant and basically, it would raise tides and flood the beach. the best thing to do is build a shelter in some high ground. K-jo, i think will live as he is in shelter, but water may leak through and drown him or trap him. Al may be trapped from escaping flooding as he is tied down, and deatmeat is bascially running around like a headless chicken so god knows what's going to happen to him.

[b]As deadmeat uses his simple but overly allaborate contraption to free a rock, water starts gushing in and kjo, thinking quickly, holds his breath. he slowly floats to the top and out of the hole before it starts overflowing. they both get out and are now both in danger. what will happen next. only you can decide.

(i can't believe how well this is going, even i'm on the edge of my seat)

SuicidalXWing
01-11-2003, 12:49 PM
*'s ghost looks to Murray*

You're on your own.

*floats off with Murray yelling after him*

Joshi
01-11-2003, 01:00 PM
okay, suicidal xwing, you can now play the part of murray. you ofcourse can't play the game, but you can be a charcter and interact witht eh others, maybe even help them or hurt them.

SuicidalXWing
01-11-2003, 01:02 PM
I meant I was leaving Murray behind as I went for higher ground.

Joshi
01-11-2003, 01:42 PM
oh right, i didbn't really get your post that much. but still, murray can be a good charcter. if he's interested (or even still reading this) maybe NiKo could be him.

Kj°len
01-11-2003, 02:31 PM
*In danger, I quickly complain about the storyline, I saved myself, it shouldnt be fair that Deadmeat gets to put me in danger*
*Floating above to the top of the cave, I swim out the hole deadmeat made, then come up for air then go under. I repaet this to keep underwater most of the time for most protection from damaging rain.*

Joshi
01-11-2003, 03:02 PM
don't blame me, it was deadmeat who did this to you.

Deadmeat_X
01-11-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm pissed...

...first of everyone doesn't believe my story, then my work turns out to be all for nothing, then Kjo complains about me putting him in danger (you should thank me. If your cave would have flooded, and you were still in, there wouldn't be a hole to escape trough!), and in the end, I'm still doomed...

...of course, I'm only mad on the island. Behind my PC (yes, it's true, I post from behind a PC), I still love you all...:D

...right, where were we? Oh yeah, the cave is flooding. By putting the bucket on my head, I create a little diving device (in other words, I can stay underwater longer) and follow Kjo out of the cave. I come up for air, and take a look around (while holding the bucket over my head as protection against the rain). All of the beaches are gone. Al's still tied to his rock, but the water's getting close to him as well. Feral seems to be pretty safe...but I already took cover in someone else's hiding place once, and that didn't turn out to good. When I look behind me, I see Kjo swimming and diving (I don't have to keep diving. The bucket, remember?)

Alright, first things first. I swim toward the (remaining) land. When I get there, I quickly take cover under some trees. I get a little broozed, but nothing that would kill me. As I'm standing there, I plan my next mve. The water's still rising...

...I look at Neil's description of the island...

...the vulcano! Why didn't anyone think of that? High place! With new hope, I head towards the vulcano. I stay under the trees, to protect myself from the rain. Now the top of the vulcano doesn't have any trees, so I don't wanna go there. Instead, I stay close to the edge of the forest, under the trees, but still higher then the rest of the island. Still, the rain is hurting me, so I need to get some more cover.

...Feral has been awfully quiet so far...but why not? His idea is good, at least noone has critised it. I decide to go for safelty above originality. But how to dig a hole...I don't have a shovel or something...luckily, I got my trustworthy slingshot. I pick up a little rock (there are plenty of those), and with my slingshot I shoot down a coconut. On a rock, I split it in two...I now got to coconut halves, that I can use to dig with, as well as some delicious coco-milk.

In 5 minutes, I have dug a nice hole. I cover the hole up with vines and pieces of wood, till I have a little roof that will protect me from most of the rain. I get in the hole. The roof isn't waterproof, but I use the bucket to throw most of the water out of the hole...

Now do you believe or do I have to draw it? (please let me draw it...)

Joshi
01-11-2003, 04:54 PM
**sigh** if you want to deadmeat, you can draw it. oh, and i noticed you got the whole bucket thing from "Waterworld", but i'll let it slide. and for future referance, you went to a volcano not a vulcano.

just to let you know though, if you were going for originality, the this is what i would do (no, you cannot use this, i just think it would be funny) you do everything you did up until getting the coconuts and breaking them in half. with two halfs of a cocunut, start banging them together in a rythm near feral. feral gets scared thinking it's the headless horseman who's come for him. feral gets out of his hole and runs away and you take his hole. but none of this has happened, feral is still in his hole and deadmeat is still in his. none of this happened, but i just think that that's what i would do, were i eevr in this situation (saying that, i offcially retire from this game, after this game is finished with all of the tasks completed and one final winner, i will not do another one. instead, someone else will (because it's that good of a game) and i will be a contestant)

SuicidalXWing
01-11-2003, 07:30 PM
*has a moment of sympathy of Kj°, and is just about to help him out, since Kj° didn't try to use him as bait when the Jaguar appeared. He then remeber that Kj° didn't try and stop the Jaguar from attacking him so he leaves him be, instead he decides to taunt those still struggling to survive by complaining how thirsty he is*

Feral
01-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Murray eventually finds his way into my hole. I tell him not to worry, for there will be plenty of water soon enough. Then I throw him out of my hole.

01-11-2003, 08:58 PM
wait, theres a flood? is the mountain by the sea? ok, since i havent been hit by the water yet, im gonna untie myself and use the boulders aroud me to make a very thick wall preventing the water from hitting me.

a VERY thick wall really can stop most of the water from passing

now, if the cave im in is 2x2x3 meters, than i have about 12000L of air inside the cave. now, if in a minute i breath about 42 times, taking 1/3L of air each breath, ill b breathing 14L per minute. therefore i ll have more than 14h of breathing. i think a monsoon takes less than that, right?

after some hours, when the monsoon is over, i ll take of the rocks from my wall.

since the cave ddnt colapse with the dinamite, and assuming its in a not-so-big mountain, it probably has 50m of depth. i can swim faster than 1meter/second, so i ll b out of the cave in less than 50 secs. i can hold my breath for lil longer than a minute while swimming, so ll do fine to get out of the water

Kj°len
01-12-2003, 12:03 AM
*While in the water, I see Murray float by, I grab him and put him over my head, noticing he doesnt fit. I throw Murray at Deadmeat for flooding my cave that wouldnt worked fine. I use my blade to saw through some fallen palm leaves and take a few fallen trees when i reach land. I build a little palm box with palm trees padded with palm tre leaves to seal out water. I can get out though. Plus the box is alowed to float as high as the trees its connected to in the "wiring". Then wait again.*

NiKo
01-12-2003, 08:28 AM
maybe NiKo could be Murray

You BET!

I'm murray now!

well, after being thrown away by feral, and then thrown away by Kjo, I am a bit pissed...I begin to feel a slight drop of rain on my skull, and so I panic a bit. I see deadmeats hole.
I hop in, and seeing as there is not enough place for both of us, I bite Deadmeats butt. Deadmeat jumps out of the hole and I keep laughing and repeating just how evil I am.

01-12-2003, 10:05 AM
meanwhile

water is starting to enter my sealed cave. i start digging to enlarge my cave, and use the mud as cement in between the rocks. this way, the more i dig the safer i ll b.

if everything should fail, i just destroy a piece of my wall and start doing the same thing as kjo, only i ll attach myself somewehre with my rubberband to prevent me from being dragged by the current. but i dont think it will fail, i think at the end of the storm, this is how its going to get

| -> 0.5m

|________|||______

Deadmeat_X
01-12-2003, 11:49 AM
I'm outside the hole? Why did I do that?!? It doesn't make any sense. I get back in the hole, pick up that bastard skull and throw away as far as I can...bye Murray!

I sit in my hole and wait...

BTW

**sigh** if you want to deadmeat, you can draw it.
Hooray! Wait here!

you got the whole bucket thing from "Waterworld"
Never seen it.

Deadmeat_X
01-12-2003, 11:57 AM
Here you go Neil...:D

http://www.freewebs.com/fromearth/hole.JPG

NiKo
01-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....!!! !

I'm thrown on K-jos cave opening. stuck there in between one of the cracks between the bolders.

Feral
01-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Deadmeat, your double post really wasn't necessary.
Nice hole, though.

Kj°len
01-12-2003, 02:11 PM
*stays in my box, clipping my nails with my knife... la dee da dee da...*
*Uses mass of toenail clippings and fingernail clipping, to reinforce my wall, like paperclips to hold the padding.*

*waits for the taskmaster to finally end the storm and declare the analasis*

Joshi
01-12-2003, 02:19 PM
the storms heer till tuesday. of course the monsoon doesn't actually last that long, let's give it twelve hours, how bout that. so after twelve hours, the storm stops. but you can still play around in the storm until tuesday when i officially call it over.

NiKo
01-12-2003, 05:44 PM
being bored as hell, and stuck in a crack in Kjos wall, I start humming a merry little tune...which eventually drives Kjo quite mad..

01-12-2003, 10:14 PM
erm... i was expecting the deadline would b today, the 12th. cause im gonna travel tuesday morning...

Joshi
01-13-2003, 12:50 PM
okay, so considering Al's leaving tommorrow morning, i'll start the next task today. the monsson stops and we have some survivors. but one is missing who is it?

well this was tough one, out of kjo, feral, al, deadmeat and, hang weren't there five of you. oh well. anyway. lets review. deadmeat was imaginative and came up with amusing pictures whilst running around like a maniac. Al uses maths and logic to live. Kjo uses a crude method of rocks and toenail clippings to live and feral digs a hole.

the dead man has to be Kjolen. sorry, but toenail clippings will not reinforce a wall and even if it did, you'd need more that what you can come up with. the water gushes in crushing our bravce hero. long live his spirit (which will now haunt the island along with xwing)

okay, now fotr the next task. simple really. the volcano erupts. slowly but surely, motlen rock and magma starts to creep down all of the sides of the volcano. your task is to live. so go ahead.

NiKo
01-13-2003, 01:13 PM
erm, hold on...I (murray) was stuck in k-jos wall..
does that mean I'm dead too?

(edit)
nah...i'm dead already...f'got

meanwhile, while everyone notices the volcano, I stand...well...recline on a rock in the middle of a forest clearing, calling the dead spirits (Kjo and Xwing) for a meeting in which we will discuss terrorising the island evily and interupt in the others plans of survival

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 01:43 PM
[Note to Feral: I was the one complaining about being thirsty, not Murray.]

*floats back and picks up Murray*

Damn, you're still here, I was hoping the monsoon woulda got ya. No prob though. You'll enjoy the warmth of the lava oozing from the volcano.

*floats to the lava and gets ready to throw Murray in*

Why did I bring you along anyways? In what way could you have helped me?

NiKo
01-13-2003, 01:47 PM
what!? no no let me down you dumb dead idiot!!
i mean..i mean...please dont kill me..again...
i'm still trying to get over the trauma of my last death experience...

listen! we can be a team! we'll rule this island together!
with my brains, and your body...
just think about it!

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 01:51 PM
So you're implying I have no brains.

*begins lowering Murray towards the lava slowly*

NiKo
01-13-2003, 04:04 PM
but you have a really niiiiii-iiiiiice body...

NO NO! i'm not hitting on you!!

it's just that, well, we could make you the brains, but i dont even HAVE a body....so....that would make no sense

besides, you dont wanna throw me in that lava pool... i make a GREAT doorstop!

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 04:17 PM
You're right, I do have a great body. Ok, you get to do the thinking, but it requires my approval when doing idea seeing as how we're using my body. Alright, what's first on the agenda.

*holds Murray up as if pretending he's Yorrick from Hamlet*

NiKo
01-13-2003, 04:28 PM
well, i was thinking - we sabotage all their plans from hiding from the lava, they die, we turn them into our little army of the undead...and they shall serve me....erm..i mean US, as our slaves forever!...we can even make them play 'who's line is it anyway'...just think how EVIL that would be...!

then, everytime a soul is trapped on this island, we'll kill him too, and so our little army shall grow untill we'll be UN-stopable!

Muahahahaahaha!

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 04:42 PM
I heard that! Serve you?! And Besides, its been done.

Feral
01-13-2003, 04:50 PM
I watch this...strange conversation continue for quite a while, whilst I try to decide what to do. An idea strikes me; if SX can lift Murray, why can't he lift me? However, I really don't want to be floating around with SX...I never know what he could do. Instead, I go and find Kj°len, who says...

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't carry ya anyways. I don't have arms growin' outta my ass. I have only 2 arms, one carries Murray, the other to smack Murray.

NiKo
01-13-2003, 05:27 PM
That's it!
you're on your own!

*leaps out of Xwings arm and lands on a plank*

I'm taking my buisness someplace else where I'm apreciated...
now if you'll exuse me, i'm going to look for K-jo, who is a much nicer spirit!

*lava picks up raft, by using a stick i navigate myself on the pool of lava as if i'm on a raft*

Feral
01-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Urm, Niko, wood isn't impervious to lava...

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 05:37 PM
*knocks Murray from the Plank towards the lava, and catches him at the last moment, he then floats up to the volcano and down inside and hold Murray a few inches above the lava*

Murray, Murray, Murray. This Partnership isn't over. Or do you think it is, because then I'll just drop you and save myself hassle, you should be happy I put up with you.

NiKo
01-13-2003, 05:38 PM
(niko knows that...Murray doesnt):p

Ayyeee!!!!

*bites a branch and hangs on....*

*just hangs there*

(edit) - darn...looks like Xwing and i wrote something at the same time.

*spits in xwings eye, while xwing is blinded, i leap straight on feral, and make big puppy dog eyes (yes, with the eye sockets) and say "please dont throw me away or let Xwing get me"

01-13-2003, 09:58 PM
{PAUSES THE GAME}

a bus strike started today at 7pm, and we expect it to end wednesday or thursday, so thats when i ll leave. I fell kinda bad cause i made yall change plans and stuff because of me and it ddnt turn out like i though it would... you all forgive me, right? :D

{BACK TO THE GAME}

i swim out of my cave and lay on my back, on the beach, resting and wondering wot happened to the others. sudenly i hear a loud explosion sound. i look at the center of the island to find out the volcano has erupted. slowly but surely, motlen rock and magma starts to creep down all of the sides of the volcano.
i think about going to the sea, but that would b too risky, since the waters are still very dangerous. cant go to my cave either, when the lava hits it, the cave will work like an oven, baking me alive.

oh, i got a great idea! first i ve got to find deadmeat...

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 10:33 PM
*leaps on Murray, knocking Feral over*
*begins wrestling Murray, despite the fact that Murray is just a head*

[Note for Future Reference: I'm a ghost, spitting in my eye would result in the spit going through my head.]

*duct tapes Murray's mouth up and places him in a ghost pouch, that Murray won't fall through*

Deadmeat_X
01-14-2003, 07:08 AM
Meanwhile...

I'm thinking that NiKo and SX should quiet down a bit. SX is dead, NiKo was never in this anyway, they're only being a pain in the story-telling arse...

...I look at Feral. He's trying to find Kjo. But Kjo's dead. What that Feral doing?

...Al's looking for me? Well, it never hurts to team up. I go looking for him as well. At last, we find each other. The vulcano is busy erupting and all. I decide to let Al come up with a plan...

01-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Judging by the speed Etna erupted, i think we will have time to build this (copy/paste):

http://www.angelfire.com/apes/mi/images/ DESERT_ISLAND_BLISS.gif

Kj°len
01-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by NiKo
K-jo, who is a much nicer spirit!

Not now I'm not.

*Goes to volcano and picks up lava and drops it on unsespecting survivors killing them all.*

Awww, the virtual scene is over, Game Over.

SuicidalXWing
01-15-2003, 11:57 AM
*raises a brow at K-J°*

Um, that's not gonna work.

*grabs a cloud and takes a seat, watching the remaining survivors, recovering from burns*

Joshi
01-15-2003, 04:22 PM
**neil rewinds the tape to before K-jo did this.**
**wags his finger at K-jo**

SuicidalXWing
01-15-2003, 05:59 PM
*gets on a cloud and watches the unburned survivors*

Deadmeat_X
01-16-2003, 06:54 AM
I dont beleive it. Al's plan is perfect. I seriously can't think of a reason why it shouldn't work. Poor Feral. He doesn't have a mastermind like Al to team up with...

...(note to self: get rid of Al as soon as the lava's gone. He's too smart)...

BTW Why is Feral still looking for Kjo? The water's closing in...

01-16-2003, 12:02 PM
note to self1: keep an eye on deadmeat
note to self2: dont talk to self out loud, like deadmeat

*When we finish the hole, the sand barrier, and the rock barrier, we decide to extend it. I find a flat rock good for digging and start diging diagonally to the left. Deadmeat digs diagonally to the right. we stop when we reach the water, making some sort of parabola. The lava has destroyed all the forest and its on its way to the beach. we start building the contraption. After we are done, the lava hits the shore but didnt pass the sand barrier yet. We see murray in despair, running toward the water. He jumps on a rock inside the water thinking he is safe, but the lava hits the water, raising water vapor incredibally hot. Through the thick vapor wall, we cannot see murray anymore. we only hear his screams. Since the lava hasnt yet hit inside our parabola, we stay close to our rock inside the water.

The water starts to get violent and warm up. Its not strong enough to pull us, but it will be. After an hour or so, ammount of lava is so huge, that it passes through our sand barrier and fills our channel. We decide its time to go to the rock in the sand. The sand is hotter than usual, but its not too hot. We take of our shirts and put it on our heads to protect us from the sun. Our channel is not fully filled, and the lava the gets inside follows the channel and falls in the sea. We start bringing in some water from the sea. Its not cold anymore, but it is still refreshing.

The sun is starting to go away. Good, now the waters that will come to our shores will be cold because of the absence of the sun. That will prevent it from heating to much, but it will get very very violent. There is too much lava coming down from the volcano, and it has already filled our channel. it has invaded the middle of our parabola, and thanks to the rock barriers, the only places without lava are a circle around each of the 2 big rocks. Its unbelievably hot, weve finished almost all our fruits and we cannot stop bringing water.

Night has finally come and the tide is rising. The ammount of lava comming out of the volcano is very low. The water enters wots left of our channel. We are now surrounded by very hot water and water vapor. We realize now a mark almost a meter high in the big rock behind us. That must be where the water reaches in high tide. The temperature of the water will be too big for us to bear. We decide to go through the rubberband to the other rock. The lava will not reach us there, and the water there wont be as hot. We pick up the few fruits left and go to the other rock.

The tide keeps rising, but the water isnt so violent. We are sitting in the rock and the water is about our chests. Now the water is kinda cold. Through the rubberband (half of it now underwater) we got to the other rock. The water there is a little warm, but its fine. The rest of the lava is now cooling of. We sit on the shore with our backs on the big rock while the sun starts to rise*

k guys, bus strike is over, now im leaving. cya next monday! :)

Deadmeat_X
01-18-2003, 12:25 PM
(...a side comment on Al's wonderful story...)

Al is talking bout the sun, how we have to protect ourselves from it, and how the sun heats up the water...What al seems to forget (but I, the mastermind, off course remember :D) is that after a volcano eruption, there's always a lot of smoke and ashes in the sky, completely blocking the sun. We still put the shirts on our heads, but only to protect ourselves from the ashes that fall down, not the sun. Also, we use one shirts (Al's off course :D) to filter the water from the sea, since it's full of ashes, and I would want to wash myself with carbon :P.

(note to all: Where's Feral?)

SuicidalXWing
01-18-2003, 09:59 PM
I've got some interesting questions too. Since when can murray run, and how did he get his mouth un duct taped and out of my pouch.

Kj°len
01-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Um I say to Feral
"OK I'll lift you"
*Grabs Feral and drags him into the air flying above the lava danger*
*Flies Feral around with my ghost powers as he sees the other surviviours run around in panic.*
*Drops Feral in volcano*
Hee hee heee...
*Picks up Feral hanging from the edge of vocano as it erupt a little once more.*
Sorry, I had to scare you a bit. :D
*Lets Feral off at a giant boulder that is too high for the lava to reach.*

Feral
01-19-2003, 04:34 PM
I thank Kj°len, but ask him to stick around in case the lava melts this boulder :).

SuicidalXWing
01-19-2003, 04:43 PM
*floats down and stands next to Feral*

Popcorn?

*holds out the bag of Popcorn he's eating from.*

Joshi
01-19-2003, 05:50 PM
please note, the popcorn was just corn before suicidalxwing decided to go too near the molten lava.

01-20-2003, 07:50 PM
*kills a lil rock*
*shoots the rock's soul with deadmeat's slingshot, knocking kjo out for a day or so*

that will teach him! :p

Kj°len
01-20-2003, 08:03 PM
*Is out*
*Remembers that ghosts can't sleep or be unconscious.*
Feh.
If I can pick up a person, I definatly can pick up anything else.
*Throws a palm tree and it starts rolling towards Al*
:p ;)

Deadmeat_X
01-21-2003, 06:54 AM
*sigh* stupid ghosts...

...just look at al's pic once more. You'll see the tree will never reach Al...

Joshi
01-21-2003, 03:19 PM
okay, for future reference, ghosts can't come back and hurt others. you can annoy the hell out of them (i'd suggest poking them whilst singing "it's a small world after all") but you can't actually kill them or interfere witht eh agme itself, that wouldn't be fair.

01-21-2003, 04:14 PM
great! now i wont have to dodge the trees.

*rolling trees approaching fast*

...right?

Joshi
01-25-2003, 01:57 PM
well, i've completely lost track of time, but i guess now would be a good time to tell you who's dead and set another task.

so, who survived the... um... oh yeah, the volcano eruption. well Al and Deadmeat survive because of their inventiveness. so i guess feral would have to die. sure, suicidalXwing may eb able to pick up solid things such as murray, but do you really think he'd be strong enough to pick up a whole human being. plus, like i said before, ghosts of teh dead cannot effect teh actually game, just hang around to make things funny and interesting. and also, you were on a rock in the middl of a lot of molet rock, how hot woudl that be, if the rock didn't melt, i'd give odds on you definately melting.
sorry feral, but your dead. come back as a ghost. :D

but now, the final hour is upon us. of course when i say hour, this'll probably take a week, but you catch my drift. it's the final showdown between Al-back from the BigWhoop and DeadmeatX. by this time next week (or when i can remember) one of you will be dead. the survivor, will get off the island alive and will have the prize and privilage of hosting the next Desert Island Bliss. how will one die, how will one survive. who will win?

**the sea acts up, a storms a brewing. but this time, there is no monsoon, there is no rain, there is just the wind, the howling wind. the moon is high and the waves are large, much larger than one would hope to find. lighting strikes the waters a couple of miles south from the island. when suddenly, the most unexpected thing happens. a huge wave of desrtuction hits adn a wave of seawater rises from teh sea and threatens everything in it's path. it heads with enormouse speed towards the island, nothing is safe, nothing will live, maybe not even the island. how will our heros get out of this one. they never showed this on reality TV.

the rest, is up to you.

http://www.geocities.com/neil_joshi2002/lightning.jpg

click on the blatent 'link' (http://www.geocities.com/neil_joshi2002/desert_island_bliss)

01-26-2003, 12:45 AM
i ll take my knife and cut some hollow bamboos. then i ll go near the volcano and attach myself (with the giant rubberband) to some crack high up the mountain, on the opposite side of the wave. i ll use my bottle opener to attach the bamboo higher up the mountain, so it wont fall when the wave hits it. That will allow me to breath while im attached to the mountain and the current is still strong. when i attach myself, i ll make sure thta i ll be able to untie it fairly easy later. Chances are that im gonna get quite sick, swallow water and dirt, but at least i ll have a chance to survive.

SuicidalXWing
01-26-2003, 02:36 AM
Yo, if this isn't completed before Wednesday, somebody PM me the results, and I'll check it out in 2 to 7 months. Heh.

Joshi
01-26-2003, 02:02 PM
where you off to Xwing?

01-26-2003, 04:47 PM
hes going to some sort of boot camp, to practice for desert island bliss sequels ;)

SuicidalXWing
01-27-2003, 10:59 PM
I'm going down to Ft. Knox for Basic Training soon, and then down to Georgia for Advanced Training and I might not have access to a computer for awhile.

Deadmeat_X
01-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Am I the only one that's seeing how unrealistic this is? The wave starts a couple of miles from the island. Let's say 10 kilometers. The wave moves, quote, with "enormeous speed". Let's say 300 km/h, that what I call pretty big speed. Than some maths: In one minute, the wave has gone for 5 kilometers. That eans that we got around 2 minutes left before everything is destroyed. And we're supposed to do what? Tie ourselves to the volcano? I think Al's plan takes at least 5 minutes. Mine could be done in around 1, but you'll probably call it unrealistic. Bah. You're to say.

But OK, a realstic approch...

Quckly, I grab my bungee rope, and run up the volcano. When I'm at the crater, I tie the rope to a rock, and to my feet, and jump. Goodbye cruel world...when I stop bouncing up and down, I grab a rock on the inside of the crater. It is pretty hot, but I can manage.

The wave hits the island, everything is swept away, I'm still in the crater. When the crater starts filling with water, I climb up using my rope, till I'm out of danger...

OK that's it. Or does anyone want to hear my unrealistic, but way more creative solution?

Joshi
01-28-2003, 01:55 PM
ah, we alsways award marks for creativity, post the other one adn i'll choose which one i like. and yes, this would take very little time to reach the island, this is why it's the last round, it's got to be hard.
Al's might work if he did it fast. remember, his knife is probably really sharp and we don't know how far up the mountain he is anyway.
Just in case you were too lazy to look at the cool picture i did especially for this (well, not really, it's actually for my fan novel on worldofmi, currently containing the first chapter, go read now) here it is.
http://www.worldofmi.com/images/fanart/42/lightning2.jpg

01-28-2003, 10:40 PM
yeah, i ll try to go fast, and i dont need to go very high up the volcano, just enought to b protected (as much as possible) by it. bsides, the upper part of the volcano is probably still incandescent.
and while the wave hits the island, i ll wont b able to breath, but when the water starts lowering, i ll breath through the bamboo while untieing myseflf.
then i ll have to go to my doctor and then i ll have to find the bastard taht is doing this to me with a voodoo doll. if im lucky, my doctor is the bastard, then i ll b hitting 2 birds with one shot. :D

Deadmeat_X
02-03-2003, 03:49 AM
***PLEASE NOTE: THE NEXT STORY IS COMPLETELY RIDICOOLOUS OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT. REALISM? NOT AT ALL. SOME MAY CALL THIS CHEATING, I CALL IT BEING ORIGINAL. OFTEN, THAT'S ONE AND THE SAME.

BTW: THIS STORY IS BASED ON ANOTHER CALCULATION, WHERE WE HAVE 30 SECONDS INSTEAD OF 2 MINUTES***

They've gone too far. It was fun at first, playing with that big cat, hiding from the rain. But this, this isn't funny anymore. In 30 seconds, this island will be gone. And what are we supposed to do? Take cover on the vulcano? The tsunami will hit us before we even reached the top. We're screwed.

I see Al running up the vulcano anyway. He wont make it.

1 second already passed. 29 left till impact. And I'm still on the beach.

Amazing I got this far really, if you look at it. I was nearly killed by the jaguar, went for a very lame solution when the monsoon came, let Al do all the work with the vulcano...I suck...

Another second passed. 28 left. And I'm still on the beach.

Desperatly, I try to remember everything that has happened so far. There has got to be something everyone overlooked, and that might save me....

...it hits me like a coconut falling from a tree...the monsoon-man! He came from and disappeared to nowhere. But nowhere doesn't exist, and none of us saw a boat/chopper/plane leave, so he's still on the island! And probably in a really safe place as well!

Alright, only 27 secs left. I start running over the beach. Within 10 seconds, I find the spot where the mysterious man had gone into the forest. I follow the path, meanwhile looking out for anything suspicious. I find it 100 meters from the beach. It's a button. A button, on a tree. I almost ran past it, since it's hard to see.

What to do when you see a mysterious button:
1. Don't think, press.

A trapdoor opens under my feet after I press the button.

I

start

f
a
l
l
i
n
g

...and land on a bunch of pillows, that break my fall (and not my bones). I look around.

I'm in a small cave. Light is coming from a couple of lightbulbs. The cave is empty, apart from a console in one corner. On the console there are a couple of videoscreens, showing variuos locations on the island. On one of them, I see Al, running up the mountain. while i'm looking, the images are replaced by statics as the camera's are swept away by the killer wave. The loudspeakers, connected to microphones on the island, make an awful noise, before they're swept away as well. The ground is shaking. The island is no more...

Beneath the videoscreen the videoscreen, I see a couple of buttons. They're labeled "Jaguar", "Monsoon", "Vulcano"...the button labeled "Tsunami" looks recently pressed.

But what really draws my attention is the man behind the console. It's him. The monsoon-man. He wears a grey suit, has got brown hair, an everyday face, glasses. When he starts talking, he sound pretty nervous.

"So mister Meat, we meet at last. I must say I'm impressed. You passed with flying colours."
"Passed??? What do you mean?"
"Don't act like you don't know mister Meat. This was all a test to find the right man"
"WHAT!!! You killed those people just for a test? And whaddya mean the right man?"
"The right man is you. And you're gonna work for us"
"No way!"
"Yes way. Either that or..."
"Or what?"
"Or I can give you a fight you cannot win..."

*A green portal opens. Through it see an alien world*

"Well mister Meat? What will it be?"
"Hold on a sec. you ripped this completely from the ending of Half-Life, didn't you?"

*The man starts crying. The portal closes*

"Yes, it's true! I can't be original! I'm such a loser! I wanted to do something like this all mylife, but I couldn't come up with a good reason...until I played that game!"
"You're sick"
"I know. But you're not really to speak, right?"
"What? Why?"
"You're not the sanest one yourself"
"What are you saying?"
"Oh don't act like you don't know. You made this all up. It's all your imagination. I'm your imagination as well. That makes you the sicko!"

My world collapses. He's right. This is all just a dream. The cave and the man fade away as I wake up from this nightmare...

...Awake. Finally. I take a look around. I'm lying in the...sand? Around my are...others...lying...dead...or sleeping....? I hear the sea...remember...last night...the storm...boat...sinking...

I jump up. Right in front of me is a vulcano. To the left, I see some rocks hanging out over the sea. The jungle is lying before me...

..start to scream....

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

The camera zooms out. From the sky you can clearly see the round shape of the island. Everything is calm...for now...

"...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

THE END

***copyright by Deadmeat***

Joshi
02-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Deadmeat, you can't...

...copywright something you so obviously stole from so many different movies and games.

i'd have to say that the clear winner here is Deadmeat simply because he made me laugh. Al dies because someone had to (even though his plan was basically flawless, a jaguar came along just before the wave hit and ripped him to shreds because the man pushed the wrong button when crying to Deadmeat about his falsehood)

Deadmeat_X
02-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Yeah!!! Woohooo!!! I win!!!

I want to thank my mom, my dad, Neil, Al, Feral, Kjo, Xwing, everyone I know, God, and above all: MYSELF

Joshi
02-04-2003, 03:24 PM
and the prize, you get to host desert island bliss two. you make up the scenarios and stuff. have fun

(i'm off, i don't know why i signed up for this job, the pay is lousy, there's no fun, i don't even get sick days, i tell you if there is one....)

Lemon Head
02-04-2003, 04:59 PM
How singularly bizarre

02-05-2003, 03:25 PM
:rofl:
lol @ deadmeat's post, that was awsome! :D

Mex
02-08-2003, 03:49 PM
I would love to be part of Desert Island Bliss 2.

The first one was awesome, it took a long time to read but it was worth it. :D

Joshi
02-08-2003, 05:41 PM
this will ahppen as soon as deadmeat can be bothered to start desert island bliss two.

hey, just a thoguht, you can call it

Desert Island Bliss
:devburn:
Deadlier Island

Mex
02-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Deadmeat! Where is he? *Sends out search party*

And can a moderator re-sticky this thread?

Joshi
02-12-2003, 04:06 PM
no need, the game is over, it is time for this thread to eb stored away into teh archives until sometime in the far distant future, it is brought back as an acknowledgement of classic forum game.

plus we need the room for DIB2 if deadmeat ever comes back.