PDA

View Full Version : WIP: CTF - Platform Plunder

Matt-Liell
12-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Well this is my first map, after months of trying programs and failing I got GTK Radiant and its working fine!:D This is a CTF map that will soon consist of 3 levels (stories) right now i only have the bottom level and the main part what do u think? The pics have been taking directly from GTK Radiant. I am having some problems so look at the pics then read on!

www.geocities.com/yaduskins/platformplunder

As I said earlier I am having problems. I wanted to test the bottom level of my map so i made it a .bsp, then i went into MP and started a game. I went into the console and typed:

devamp ctf_platform_plunder

then it said it couldn't find
map maps/ctf_platform_plunder.bsp

but when i checked the folder it was there, then i tried zipping it up in a .pk3 but it didnt show up either!

I was wondering if after im done the basic three levels if I could send the .map file to someone and see if they could get it to work ingame then send me the revised .map and .bsp so I could keep adding details and textures!

Well post what you think and if you can help me out! I keep you guys updated!

Matt-Liell
12-07-2002, 05:34 PM
well it seems noone likes my map!:( :( but ill keep u updated anyway! sorry no pics yet but im done the map and i can load it in the game but i need to know how put put in spawn points, weapons and flags correctly!

Wes Marrakesh
12-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Hmm. Good start but needs some pointers.

Build EVERYTHING in caulk then go back and texture only what a player can see.

Never have overlapping brushes - it looks extremely sloppy.

I'll be keeping my eye on this :D

wedge2211
12-09-2002, 12:29 AM
And now for the obvious question...you have been here, right?

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/

Those tutorials are among the best on the web. Read through em, it'll answer all your questions.

Matt-Liell
12-09-2002, 12:37 PM
well the map died, i tried loading it in game it didnt work so im going to read all the tutorials and make a new better one! look for the WIP soon! i may be doing something wrong, if someone wants the .bsp then ill send it to them and u can see what i did wrong!