View Full Version : I can't trigger NPC spawning can someone help?
12-08-2002, 05:20 PM
I can't get the triggering for NPCs to work?
I tried to follow richdiesel's tut bout it, but hat he put didn't make sense.
Can someone plase tell me how to trigger an NPC spawning
if u cold post pics that'd be great
12-09-2002, 04:26 AM
Ok, we'll do this in steps from the beginning:
1. First create a brush
2. Make the brush so that it covers the whole area in which your character will pass through, ex. if your character is walking down a tunnel the box you created should fill the space enough so that the character can't get around it but will pass through it no matter what.
3. Go to the systems texture set, select the trigger texture it's green.
4. Shift + click the brush you made, it should have the trigger texture all around it.
5. Right click the brush, then go to trigger, select trigger_once.
6. The brush should now be a trigger_once, it indicates this by turning green in the grid. now de-select the trigger_multiple brush, then select the trigger_once again, and then click on an npc (it has to be done in this order everytime)
7. When you have the trigger_once and npc selected in that order, press Ctrl + k ,this will link the trigger to the npc and spawn them when you walk through the trigger.
Remember to de-select the trigger_once after you make a brush into a trigger. I don't know why radiant makes you select it again after you make a trigger but it has to be done. Also remember that when you link a trigger to anything that you select the trigger first and the npc second. This goes for triggers and buttons as well. Hope that helps.
12-09-2002, 04:29 AM
oops made a mistake, where it says trigger_multiple i meant to type trigger once, sorry.
12-09-2002, 04:30 AM
oops made a mistake, where it says trigger_multiple i meant to type trigger once, sorry.:D
12-09-2002, 11:33 AM
i figured ot the problem : I put the NPC above the ceiling when i should put it under it.
Now to my next problem......why do my waypoints and point combats dissaper when i de-select them or dupliate or try to link them.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.