PDA

View Full Version : if u r a trade fed fan, scary news


DarkTrooper
09-18-2001, 01:26 AM
i saw a video that was at E3 and it showed a battle between the trade feds and the gungans. the scary part was that the gungans WON!!!! the Fambaa are so effective

Young David
09-18-2001, 05:04 AM
That doesn't mean anything. The major advance is not in whom you play with, it's how you play.

So this time the Gungans won, maybe next time the federation wins. It's not a case of one is better than the other. Their just very different. So they play different, and so they need different stratagies.

Sherack Nhar
09-18-2001, 08:47 AM
Oh please...what is wrong with the gungans winning?

Forget Jar Jar - LONG LIVE CAPTAIN TARPALS!

Paladin
09-18-2001, 10:12 AM
Yeah, Gungans are cool. Boss Nass is awesome.
Forget the outcast Jar Jar

Darth_Venage
09-18-2001, 03:55 PM
is it just me or does everyone hate jar-jar?
anyways, yes the Fambaa are effective, but I'm sure there are plenty of counters to it, from both the trade fed and other races. We just need to get the game and figure out what those are!!:D

Darth_Rommel
09-18-2001, 03:55 PM
Yeah! Thats the kinda additude were lookin' for! Jar Jar was an outcast , an abnormal gungan... ;)

Gamma732
09-18-2001, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
Oh please...what is wrong with the gungans winning?

Forget Jar Jar - LONG LIVE CAPTAIN TARPALS!

Here here!!

But its a preview movie. It doesn't mean much. Maybe the guy playing the TF was a moron and the Gungan player an expert. Maybe they engeneered it that way to make it look like the movie.

Tie Guy
09-18-2001, 04:42 PM
Yeah, the Gungans have to win sometimes. There campagin and multiplayer use will be sparce, but they should be just as good as the other civs, in their own way. Thats called balance, every civ is basically the same, and then they have small bonuses on the side. Plus, wiht the Fambaa, it really is no suprize that the gungans won.

ESE SithLord
09-18-2001, 04:44 PM
That could have been a different experanced player testing that Civ it doesnt mean anything.

[All Civ's can win it just depends on the persons skill level (all Civs can Win)

Compa_Mighty
09-18-2001, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
Oh please...what is wrong with the gungans winning?

Forget Jar Jar - LONG LIVE CAPTAIN TARPALS!

Yep, Tarpals is very cool. The gungans are cool, Jar Jar is clumsy but not annoying :D :gungan:

Thrawn
09-18-2001, 05:06 PM
There's nothing to worry about. All the civs willl be just about completely balanced. There will anly be small differences. If you want to see them check out Mr. Fixit's Preview. :D

darthfergie
09-18-2001, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Darktrooper
i saw a video that was at E3 and it showed a battle between the trade feds and the gungans. the scary part was that the gungans WON!!!! the Fambaa are so effective

Do you think the Gungans can hold up against an army of 800 Trade Fed. Droideka's?
Don't think so...:D

Besides that isn't me playing the TF on there so you cann't be TOO judgemental:D

Admiral Thrawn
09-18-2001, 05:17 PM
Most likely, it is a human playing a computer or a computer playing a human.

Captain Fett
09-18-2001, 11:17 PM
You can only have 800 droids in the campaign for the Trade Fed, not the single player skirmishes! Any-who on a side note: Captain Tarpals is the coolest Gungan of all! Oh and one more thing: didn't LA start to make the leader of the Gungan campaign Boss Gallo, an ancestor to Boss Nass? Why'd they change it? It was gonna be cool and would be set hundreds of years before TPM!

Warlord
09-18-2001, 11:18 PM
yeah lets just wait till this game is out, is will all be balanced in the end!

Paladin
09-19-2001, 10:16 AM
¿¿¿¿¿¿Yeah I heard that 2 ?????

Tie Guy
09-19-2001, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Captain Fett
You can only have 800 droids in the campaign for the Trade Fed, not the single player skirmishes! Any-who on a side note: Captain Tarpals is the coolest Gungan of all! Oh and one more thing: didn't LA start to make the leader of the Gungan campaign Boss Gallo, an ancestor to Boss Nass? Why'd they change it? It was gonna be cool and would be set hundreds of years before TPM!

Not only that, but you can only have 800 droids in ONE mission of ONE campaign. It is only the final assault mission you see in the movies i think, or something similar.

About the gungans, i think t hey wanted to make the hero more recognizable, so they switched it. It does however, start long before the movies.

isaac
09-19-2001, 07:40 PM
I thought the maximum number of troops on one side was 200? How can you get 800?
-Isaac

darthfergie
09-19-2001, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by isaac
I thought the maximum number of troops on one side was 200? How can you get 800?
-Isaac

The Trade Federation, In single player, can have 800 units.
Imagine 800 Droidekas!!!!:D

Tie Guy
09-19-2001, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie


The Trade Federation, In single player, can have 800 units.
Imagine 800 Droidekas!!!!:D

Thats only in ONE, thats ONE, O-N-E. There, when i first herad about the 800 droid thing i was excited, coz i thought it was in all the missions, but sadly it is not, i think it was gaber that said that, but i know it was someone who knew.

darthfergie
09-20-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy


Thats only in ONE, thats ONE, O-N-E. There, when i first herad about the 800 droid thing i was excited, coz i thought it was in all the missions, but sadly it is not, i think it was gaber that said that, but i know it was someone who knew.

I don't mind I'll play that mission 50 or 500 times:D

Admiral Odin
09-20-2001, 08:18 PM
I'm with you on that. Save that game in the beging and then have some fun.