PDA

View Full Version : Cantina Six: Postlude to Holocaust Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3

Redwing
12-22-2002, 05:24 AM
What has gone before

Less than a week ago, four-fifths of the known galaxy's intelligent life died instantly when torpedoes detonated the hearts of their stars. All major planets were destroyed, with the sole exception of Coruscant.

The remains of the galaxy reeled in the aftermath. On Coruscant, the remnant of the major powers hastily consolidated their forces. The more corrupt factions of the crumbled Republic forged an alliance with the Imperial Remnant to create the New Imperial Republic. The NIR quickly cemented their power, incorporating the remnants of the New Republic Senate, Cracken's Imperial Council, and other surviving factions of the Empire into itself. Anyone opposing their control was declared part of the Aesirian Alliance that had destroyed the stars, and might be coming for Coruscant next. The panicked public quickly accepted the new government in exchange for the idea that they might have some new measure of safety.

The story was based partially in truth. A highly advanced race of long-lived humans as old as the New Republic called the Aesir had unleashed the torpedoes in a last-ditch attempt to force the Dark Lord of the Sith Cracken to release their leader Odin. Without Odin, the Aesir had no way to continue to contain the forces of darkness they had held back for millenia. Their torpedoes had two purposes; if they failed to gain the release of their leader...they would afford most of the galaxy a painless death.

A single Jedi, Quhn Vaas, bought Coruscant's survival with his life, using his power to blow the Aesir out of the system.

Four days after the Galactic Holocaust, a dark, mysterious man called "T" manipulated a small but unusual group together. Orthos Darkiller, conflicted son of two fathers possessing a powerful supernatural avatar; Heimdall, son of Odin, an Aesir (now Vanir) posing as a Corellian trader; Raschel Sheire, an old friend of Orthos and a former New Republic Intelligence agent; Misae Arjas, emotionally disturbed apprentice of the dead Quhn Vaas; Irvine, young son of Cracken and heir to his power; Alys, a Force adept bounty hunter and unbeknownst to her, daughter of Cracken; Halren Flax, high-level New Republic Colonel; Marin, a girl escaping from another dimension, a shapeshifting "water-breather"; Aidan, her gargoyle friend with a strange lightning-like ability; and Josine, a strange girl who had recently killed her entire immediate family by mere accident.

The group was chased off Coruscant by the Imperials. On the base of Freedon VII, one of the last New Republic strongholds, their numbers dwindled. Alys left shortly after Misae refused to train her in the Jedi arts. Josine, overwhelmed by the events, drugged herself into a coma.

A mysterious group calling themselves the Shadows hailing from Aidan and Marin's dimension arrived on Freedon VII to retrieve the two. Heimdall's intervention stopped them just in time, but no sooner did the Shadows leave than Imperials arrived, attacking the fortress.

A mysterious Shadow calling himself "Guy", a man apparently driven by the ominous visions he received, intervened and helped save the group. Orthos' formerly evil father, Lord Syrnl, arrived to finish the defeat of the Imperials. Halren Flax parted ways with the group, his mission accomplished. Guy took the injured Orthos to a medical facility along with Raschel, while Heimdall took Marin, Aidan, and Misae to the last surviving planet of the Aesir, Midgard, to let Heimdall's brother examine a key with an inscription bearing a strange prophecy. Irvine joined Syrnl to help track down Orthos' evil brother, Lokiphet.

Two ominous prophecies were uncovered by Heimdall's brother.

Ragnarok impure,
Gotterdammerung has occured,
Doom has come early that should not have
Aesir, now Vanir deprived of All-Father
Death of stars shall reveal
One tool that alone
Can destroy destiny or set it right
To find, seek:
Ten keys
Seven gates
Fire, Eye, and Ice
Wake the Wolf unlocked from its tomb
All the legions of Asgard cannot twist time, but a silver ball will.

Quest must be undertaken,
By the progeny of the dead, and their friends
If not, all will come to a terrible end.
The wolf Fenrir has been unleashed
Will complete the destruction that has begun
Twenty two years and he will be done.

Guy, prompted by eerie visions and spurred by something else that he couldn't understand, took Raschel and Orthos to Midgard. To the final assembled group was revealed the quest they would need to undertake.

An ancient legend told of a device called the Time Matrix, a silver sphere with the power to twist and alter time and space. With this device, the Holocaust could be averted, and the forces of darkness stopped.

In the meantime, Fenrir and the Jotuns, ancient evil beings of immense power, have been freed and begun their onslaught on the galaxy.

The group leaving the last stronghold of the Aesir numbers only eight. Yet the fate of the galaxy rests on their shoulders...

Admiral
12-22-2002, 11:59 AM
*The Asgardreid arrives at Fenrir's holding cell. A station, that from it's outward appearance looked like nothing had happened. The ship landed in the Stations hangar. Heimdall exited the bridge, and went to the group*

Heimdall: We have arrived at Fenrir's tomb. Fenrir was kept at the center of this station. Be prepared for carnage, if you wish to stay in the ship we'll understand.

Kuuki
12-22-2002, 03:48 PM
*The red haired Irvine arrives at the Old Jedi Council on Couresant*

Irvine: "Damn. This is too errie. Years have gone by, this place is dark and gloomy."

*Irvine sits in a seat once used buy a council member, he starts to meditate. And tries to communicate with the dead...*

Irvine: <Masters whom fought and died, young and the old. Masters of the light side, I seek guidence...>

Redwing
12-23-2002, 06:19 AM
Marin: Fenrir's tomb...it looks like a...

Aidan: Like a stylized space station.

Raschel: What exactly is this "Fenrir" anyway? Yeah, monster, extremely powerful, intelligent, loves death and destruction, pure evil, etc. But what is he. How is he, or it, going to pull off destroying the universe?

((Admiral, check your PMs, in case you haven't lately))

Deac
12-23-2002, 09:23 AM
Carnage? I can handle carnage. Don't forget I'm half Darkstar.

Admiral
12-23-2002, 02:41 PM
Idun: Appearances can be decieving.

Heimdall: Fenrir can not be easily described. Perhaps showing you would be better. On the way to the center their is a monitoring station. We will stop there and you can see him for yourself.

*lowering the boarding ramp, they exit out into the hangar. Bodies are all over the place. Most of them are missing body parts. Blood is every where. At the base of the boarding ramp is the upper body of a Beserk. Heimdall looks towards the doors leading into the station. Both are bent toward him, one has a large chunk of it missing with bit marks around the side.*

Heimdall: This my dear is how Fenrir will destroy the galaxy.

Kuuki
12-23-2002, 04:52 PM
deac, so, uh , not doing anythign with syrnl? :D

Redwing
12-23-2002, 06:17 PM
Raschel: *staring at the bodies* Where did he come from?

*Misae does nothing but stare at the bodies as she walked through them, emotionless*

Aidan: The hell...

*Guy cocks the rifle he's carrying nervously*

Admiral
12-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Heimdall: A long time ago, there was a man named Loki. He came to Asgard, and we welcomed him. In time he basically became one of us. However in reality he never was. He hated anything good, and despised anything that brought joy to people. Loki was evil, but he managed to hide it. One day in secrete he slipped into the Jotuns world and there found a mate that went by the name of Angrboda. Angrboda and Loki are the parents of Fenrir both evil, the father being the worst.

Fenrir has a brother and sister no less evil, and slightly less powerful. We found Fenrir and tried to make him good but to no avail. Each passing day he grew and became stronger and also more evil. When then bound him and brought him here where he was to wait until the end of time.

*Idun, goes to body to body wishpering something*

Kuuki
12-23-2002, 09:07 PM
um a little help here, I need someone to play a dead jedi for me, so i can at least do something. Im not going to keep making temp characters for myself, cus its a really becoming a drag when all I am doing is RPGing with myself, and not interacting with people...

Redwing
12-23-2002, 11:08 PM
*Guy looks at some of the bodies strewn about, and is suddenly hit with visions. He sees flashes of an enormous maw and huge, bloody teeth. He winces with the impact of the visions and staggers back*

*Aidan senses something behind him. He whips his head around, only to see nothing. He then senses something rushing around them, but looks around frantically to see nothing*

Evil is still alive and well here. We should not have come...

Marin: "Ten keys, seven gates"...look out for anything that resembles a gate.

Raschel: A man fathered something like...Fenrir? How is that possible?

----------

*Footsteps sound in the hall behind the red haired Irvine. A man walks in the Council chamber, his boots disturbing the dust settled over the gray floor. With his style of dress and long flowing black coat he looks completely out of place in the ancient temple*

What are you doing here, Irvine? Why do you seek the guidance of the dead?

Admiral
12-23-2002, 11:20 PM
Heimdall: Many things are possible in this galaxy. Many things that seem possible can happen. Also Loki could change his shape...

I think we need to go to the room Fenrir was held captive in. It's down that corridor.

*Heimdall walks towards Fenrir's holding cell. Idun keeps tending to the bodies*

Kuuki
12-23-2002, 11:35 PM
heh, thanks red, it was getting to be a drag :\

RH Irvine: "Like it mattered anyway. They didnt answer... I feel as if Im the only Jedi Left, rather I do feel a few presences left in the galaxy, I cant tell who they are alligned with. However now I feel this great evil presence out there..."

*Red haired Irvine turns finally to see who approched him...*

RH Irvine: "You know my name, how ever I dont know yours... May I ask whom you are? Wait I just did..." *Smiles*

Redwing
12-24-2002, 03:57 AM
Man: What are you doing here, Irvine? How do you hope to find guidance when you are blind to the galaxy around you? Look below you, Irvine...

*Outside the Jedi Council window, patrols of Imperial walkers can be seen making their rounds around the city below*

----------

*A few parsecs outside of the Coruscant system, a strange looking recovery operation was taking place among the asteroid field newly created by the debris of the Crimson Star. A contigent of ships methodically scanned and mapped the area, nimbly darting among the asteroids like coral reef fish. Inside one of the larger ships a man dressed in a strange-looking black and gray uniform, with a chest insignia of an axe blade with a sword thrust through it walks up to a similarly dressed woman with an officer's insignia in front of a monitor*

Man: We found the teleporter core. *places a canister on the counter. Inside is a glowing dark blue orb with lighter blue cords of color twisting and running through it*

Woman: He is dead then.

Man: We think the safety mechanism either failed...or was deactivated by the holder.

Woman: From what I've read in Rwos' file, probably the latter...

Man: What do you make of this? This carnage?

Woman: I don't know...but I, and the High Council, intend to find out.

----------

*The group passes a room*

Raschel: Is that the monitoring station? *looks half distastefully, half horrified at the dead body blocking half the door and pushes it aside*

Admiral
12-24-2002, 10:14 AM
Heimdall: Yes that is a monitoring station. If you want I can show you what happened once Fenrir was freed.

Kuuki
12-24-2002, 11:56 AM
*Irvine stands up, and looks...*

RH Irvine: "You should know that those Stormtroopers aren't the bestly trained in the metal department. I knew of them... How ever I hardly think that even the least witted person wouldn't know about what happened, of course... It's just, If I am nearly the sole survivor, who else would have to rebuild the Jedi order?"

*the red haired Irvine suddenly senses his clone and Synrl, not too far away...*

RH Irvine: "Those two I sense now... Who are they?"

Deac
12-24-2002, 12:25 PM
*Orthos almost vomits when he sees the destruction*

Even Syrnl could not do this...this kind of evil is beyond even the Darkstar...I think the Starkiller was destinted to help destroy this at Ragnarok and the battle of the gods...

---------------------------

*The Pheonix hypers out at the edge of Coruscant*

Syrnl: Irvine to the bridge...

Admiral
12-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Heimdall: Now you begin to understand what we have kept contained. What you see before you is a twisted form of Ragnarok.

You will have to ask my brother Vidar whether or not Starkiller is involved with the Ragnarok that we are supposed to fight in.

*Entering the monitoring station, Heimdall goes to a terminal, and looks through the records. Finding the appropiate one he puts it up on the main monitor, and turns up the speakers*

Heimdall: This is what happened on that day.

*Heimdall hits the play button.

On the monitor it shows Fenrir bound in what looked like a silken chain. He was in a room that had four doors leading into it. His eyes seethed anger, and if you looked into them you could see pure evil staring back.

Without warning the fetters holding Fenrir broke. A warning siren sounded and 100 Einherjar rushed into the room. Twenty-Five entering through each of the four doors. Once in they surrounded the wolf, and The area was sealed. The Doors shut with a clang. Fenrir appeared to have smiled seeing the Warriors.

At once the brave warriors rushed the wolf, at first it seemed as Fenrir was succumbing to their attacks. However, he was just playing with them. He stood throwing off those that managed to get atop of him. He gripped one warrior in his gaping maw and tosses him into a group of Einherjar. Fenrir moved quickly, faster then any warrior has ever gone before. He took delight in ripping arms off, throwing men so hard against the wall that their bones shattered from the impact. The Einherjar made no sound during this masacre each wore a grim face. They never gave up even though they knew it was hopeless. Even the ones mortally wounded, those who were missing limbs still raised their weapons until their strenght finally left them. When Fenrir was finished with the warriors, blood dripped from the walls, bodies were ever where, limbs littered the floor detached from their owners. Fenrir's lower jaw dripped with the blood of the dead, during all of this he was not injured. He walks around the room picks a door and runs at it. Jumping upon the door he rips it off the wall.

On the other side he meets a contigent of Beserks.Facing them he give a blood curdling howl. He does the same to them as he did to the Einherjar. The Doors he encountered he would tear asunder sometimes biting through them. The Camerea tracked Fenrir through the station as he went to every corridor and room hunting down the last of the Beserks. Howling every once in a while.

The Camera then turns to the face of a beserk in the very room the group was in now.

Beserk: I'm sorry lord, we have failed you. Fenrir has broken our defenses. We are all that remain, I'm sending this to warn you and the galaxy of his escape. We will delay him as long as we can.

The Beserks leave the room to look for Fenrir. They did not have to look far he was in the corridor heading to them. Running he decapitates on of he beserks. Another bloody melee takes place. The warrior who spoke was the last one alive. Fenrir threw him at the door where he slumped. He tryed to raise his sword and gun in a last desperate attmept to do his duty. However his strenght had failed him. Fenrir approaches the beserk slowly. Stepping on his legs crushing them, trying to make the Beserk scream out in pain. Fenrir then proceeded to torture the dying warrior, ripping off limbs, and crushing bones. However, the Beserk never gave Fenrir the satisfaction of making a noise as he was tortured and when death came the only thing he did was smile. Fenrir let lose another howl, and with the last remaining person on the station dead, the wolf went to the hangar. Taking a supply ship he left. The recording then went through different corriodors showing the death and destruction, left in Fenrir's wake.*

Kuuki
12-24-2002, 03:35 PM
*Irvine arrives at the bridge...*

WH Irvine: "So, whats the plan?"

Redwing
12-25-2002, 03:57 AM
As I thought. He is careless, never really living in the world around him. It matters not, however. His destiny lies not here...but...

*The man raises an eyebrow and smiles* Your speech pattern is hard for me to understand. Something both of you have in common.

----------

*Halfway through the recording, Raschel cannot watch anymore. She turns her eyes away, a tear running down her cheek. The others stare in horrified silence*

Guy: This is like nothing...like nothing I have ever seen before...so much more monstrous...

*Aidan starts to say something but stops*

*Misae's eyes harden and her mask seems to become thicker*

Kuuki
12-28-2002, 06:57 AM
RH Irvine: "Both? Sorry but i hardly think your seeing double." 'What is he talking about my speech? I speak just fine...'

Redwing
12-28-2002, 10:48 AM
Man: *smiles* Yes...both.

Kuuki
12-29-2002, 05:36 AM
RH Irvine standing up: "Okay, who are you? And that the hell are you talking about?"

Deac
12-29-2002, 08:12 AM
How are we to defeat this thing? Even my power may not be enough?

Admiral
12-29-2002, 08:44 AM
Heimdall: Fenrir cannot be defeated, at least not by any of us. Vidar was destined to kill him, only after Fenrir killed Odin.

On the last day, when all the forces of good and evil will meet for a final battle. Fenrir will seek out Odin, and Odin will seek out Fenrir. The two will battle each other for a long time. Eventually Fenrir will overcome the Allfather and kill him. At that moment Vidar will step forward and grip Fenrir's jaw. Placing one foot on the wolf's lower jaw and gripping his upper jaw with his hand Vidar will rip Fenrir asunder.

Idun: When Fenrir kills Odin, something happens to Vidar to increase his already immense strength. Also special boots and gloves will protect Vidar from the teeth as he grips Fenrir's jaw. However, since Odin was not killed by Fenrir and since he was killed to soon Vidar cannot defeat the wolf.

Heimdall: This is pointless since we are not here to defeat Fenrir. We are here to stop the holocaust and prevant him from being released by finding the Time Matrix. Come the room where he was kept is only a little farther away.

*Heimdall and Idun leave the room and head to Fenrir's holding chamber.*

Redwing
12-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Man: It doesn't matter who I am...it matters who you are. Listen carefully. The two persons whom you sense have just arrived on Coruscant looking for a Sith lord. Find these three, and you will find also the answers which you seek. But I warn you, they may not be what you expect.

*The man turns and walks away, fading and vanishing like a mist as he leaves the Temple chambers*

----------

Aidan: *low voice to Marin, before leaving the room* Well, they're going to be no help in beating this thing, if it comes to that. I'd start thinking of ideas.

Marin: What if their idea's true?

Aidan: What if it's not? Even if they're right, we don't have to figure out how to kill Fenrir. Even immortals can be beaten, you know that.

Marin: Maybe...Fenrir can beat Fenrir...

Aidan: What?

Marin: I'll explain later.

Raschel: *to Idun, sympathetically* What are you saying to the dead bodies?

Admiral
12-29-2002, 02:21 PM
Idun: I'm thanking them for their sacrifice, and giving them my oath that their death will not be for nothing. I'm telling them that they did much more then their duty required, and that the Allfather would be proud of them. Finally I give them last rites and place a rune upon their foreheads.

The dead are not necessarily lifeless.

*Heimdall enters the chambers, smiling at what Marin and Aidan were talking about. He goes to the center of the room and picks up the silken chain that bound Fenrir. Torn it was still in large enoough pieces that it may prove useful.*

Heimdall: We are in luck Gleipnir, is still in long enough segments that me may use it later on.

*Going towards the childern, he hands them a small piece of the soft chain*

Heimdall: What do you think of this. The more you strain the stronger it becomes.

Kuuki
12-29-2002, 03:12 PM
RH Irvine smiling: "I understand."

*RH Irvine turns to take one last look at the temple chambers, and leaves in a flash... Dodging Stormtrooper patrols, getting closer to an Airfield...*

Didnt I name WH Irvine's frieghter that in the beginning of the rpg?

RH Irvine: 'Okay, I get to these two first, they are close together, and they are looking for the thrid, so my chances of getthing in contect with all three is larger...' *Smiles, then gets a determined expression* 'Still, what did he mean about both of us?? Another person? A Sibling?' "Nah, I doubt it..."

*Meanwhile in the bridge of the Phineox...*

WH Irvine : "Syrnl..." 'I sense someone... not Lokpehit...' "I am starting to feel a presence of another... Who do you think it could be??"

Redwing
12-29-2002, 06:25 PM
Marin: *taking the piece and tugging on it* Magically altered?

Aidan: *gives Marin a "why-are-you-touching-that" look* Marin...*something catches his eye* Hold on a minute...the walls. Those runes...they just moved.

Marin: Moved?

Aidan: I swear, one of those runes just changed.

Deac
12-30-2002, 05:07 AM
*Orthos looks at the chain and the death and sees what could have been a part of him. Halfway across the galaxy Syrnl stares at Coruscant. *

Syrnl: Begin the attack

Kuuki
12-30-2002, 03:26 PM
WH Irvine: "What the hell are you talking about Syrnl? I thought we were here just for Lokpehit!"

Redwing
12-30-2002, 06:55 PM
((OOS: Syrnl has a crew on his ship, you know ;) by the way, why exactly did Coruscant give permission for an Imperial Star Destroyer to land in a docking bay?

edit: nm))

Raschel: *to Orthos, staring grimly at the bodies littereed around the room* All this carnage...blood...death...I can't bring myself to imagine something could do this. Sure, I've seen death...plenty of death...but this...not like this. And the thing that did this is supposedly being unleashed on the galaxy at this very moment...and we're looking for something I'm not sure I believe exists...

Marin: Hey, I didn't notice that. There's runes all over this room... *takes out the key and keyholder* they look like the runes on this.

Guy: *comes up behind them, holding a shred of Gleipnir* Yes. They're in a pattern all over the room. In fact, you're stepping on one.

*Marin moves her foot. One of the runes is indeed there*

Aidan: ...Wait. Step on that again.

*Marin steps on the rune again with a questioning look, and one of the runes on the wall changes character*

Aidan: It's a puzzle.

*Aidan looks around the room, finds another rune on the floor, and steps on it. Another rune changes* I don't suppose you can read these, Aesir?

Admiral
12-30-2002, 08:50 PM
Heimdall: The Blood and bodies hide many of the runes. My father had them inscribed when the station was first built. Currently the Runes read: Only the wise shall pass.

Obviously to gain...

*Heimdall is interupted by a booming voice*

Voice: Why do you disturbe the rest of the slain?

Idun: We seek a device to set right Gotterdammerung.

Voice: Long has what you seek been hidden and kept safe from fools. Only the wise will be allowed access to it. To proceed you must prove your wisdom.

Idun: How shall...

*At the far end of the room one of the few fully intact bodies begins to move. The body of the dead Einherjar stands*

Voice: To prove your wisdom you must answer seven questions. If you fail to answer a question correctly then you will lose your head.

Idun: What is the first question.

Voice: Ancient this universe is, much that once was known has long be forgotten. What is the name of the race that created the device you seek?

Redwing
12-31-2002, 12:02 AM
Aidan: I told you there was something else here...

Guy: The Ellimists. The Ellimists created the Time Matrix, according to the myth...is that the answer?

Deac
12-31-2002, 08:56 AM
*Orthos stays silent. He does not know this lore*

Admiral
12-31-2002, 10:02 PM
*The Voice ignores the answer and asks another question*

Voice: Long has good and evil fought. Where will the final battle be fought?

Idun: Ragnarok will be fought on the plains of Vigrid.

Voice: Three there once was, now only one remains. Give the names of all of the ones who know the future, past and persant in this galaxy.

Heimdall: Their names are Urd, Verdandi, and Skuld.

Voice: Not all are from this dimension. Name two powers that are not from this dimension?

Redwing
01-01-2003, 03:32 AM
Marin: Uh, ...magic?

Guy: I think it means something different...magic's more of a concept. The Fey. The Titans. The Oracles. Umm...Oberon's Children. The Styx Daemons. C'mon, at least two of those have to fit the "powers from another dimension criteria".

Aidan: What kind of questions are these? This is dependent on our knowledge, not our wisdom.

Voice: *ignoring Aidan* Many and varied have been the powers in the war between good and evil. Not all of them have stayed separate from the mortal world. Name the powers that Lokiphet and the son of Furro created.

Admiral
01-01-2003, 07:49 AM
*the dead warrior approaches Marin and raises his weapons. Only Guy's quick response stopped him*

Idun: Careful what you say, if your not sure don't answer. Knowledge and wisdome are often closely related. A wise person has much knowledge.

Deac
01-02-2003, 05:34 AM
*Orthos immediatley answers*

Lokpihet, God of Hatred forged the Darkstar in his blade. Alminstar, son of Furro, became the Starkiller. They are from the world of Mrear. They are their Avatars.

[Above (C) 2003 Deac. Copyers will be damned]

-----------------------------------

Syrnl: I feel it is time to show this empire it's folly. And you didn't think the Pheonix was the only one of it's kind? It's just the first

*Four other ISD3's drop out of hyperspace*

Here we have the Seraphim, The Ragnarok, The Furro and...the Deac...

*Syrnl's face fills with sadness at remembering his brother*

Admiral
01-02-2003, 05:56 AM
Voice: Long ago this device was hidden. Why was it hidden?

Idun: It was to powerful, and could do untold harm in the wrong hands.

Voice: Why do you seek this blasphamous device?

Kuuki
01-02-2003, 03:25 PM
WH Irvine: "Srynl, I thought you were here for Lohpehit... Not only that If you think you can achieve anything by conquering Couresant, your just plain mad! Theres hardly anything left in the galaxy, struggling for natural resorces on populated planets wont solve anything, thats why you morn over your brothers death, because of actions he tried to prevent my Father from doing! The very same that you are doing now! Only theres no Deac Starkiller to come and save the day..."

------------------

RH Irvine takeing control of a small fighter: 'An emotioncal burst from both of those two...' "Whoa!? 5 of those things!?"

superthrawn
01-02-2003, 09:19 PM
(OOS: Hello! I'm back! I created this spinoff, and I'm officially back to participate again! And to be honest, I'm in a hell of a fix. I don't have nearly enough time to go back and read all of PtH again, so I'm thinking that someone'll have to explain it to me. RedWing told me that Josine is on an Aesirian ship, so that's where I'll start.)

Light. That's all there was at first. Just a pure, pulsing light. No pain, no euphoria, though that would change soon. The drugs she'd taken were potent.

Josine: uhhhhhh.....

Obviously not quite awake yet. Now the sensations were starting to resolve themselves, but that blasted light never left. A small pinprick of pain started in the base of her skull and began to travel. Like a virus, it seemed to thrive on moving through her veins, making her entire body, slowly but surely, inflame with a burning, pinching, grinding sensation. Like I said, these things were potent. Finally, after what seems like hours, but was actually a matter of a minute or two, her eyes flutter open. That's when she discovers she's been bound to a bed.

Josine: What the... Where the hell am I? And why am I tied to a bed?!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back in deep space.

The mystery man whose name has yet to be disclosed remained in stasis, while his ship, smart as it was, gazed at the stars. Over the course of the last few hours, the ship had taken to recording a myriad of events that had occured on multiple worlds, through the use of the onboard (and extremely powerful) telescope. Unbeknowst to the ship, one of the events it had just recorded would prove to be an unexpected key to a puzzle that, up 'til now, no one knew existed.

Redwing
01-03-2003, 12:06 AM
((I wrote a recap in the first post in this thread - backtrack there ;)

Btw - does anyone still want the old PtH thread stuck?

By the way, superthrawn, you're not just on an Aesirian ship, you're on OUR Aesirian ship ;) or rather, Heimdall and Idun's, the Asgardried))

Aidan: Obviously Frankenstein here can't see too well.

*Marin hesitates* We want the device to save this galaxy.

Why am I doing this? I could just leave these people, use a portal to get to some other dimension, and if that one's bad too, just keep going until a month's over and we can return back home. I'm sure Aidan is going to leave then anyway - he's just here because I'm here. So why stay? I could get killed so easily...

But I won't leave. I suppose it's guilt. I know whatever's happening to this universe isn't my fault, but I feel like I have a responsibility now. I'll just stay and help, and then make a decision again...in a month's time...

Guy: The...creature...you had chained up here is loose and attacking the galaxy, and one of the persons who have to kill him is dead. And in the last few days, ah...eighty percent of your galaxy's intelligent life has been wiped from existence. We want the Time Matrix to change that.

----------

*On Coruscant, the "Imperial Republicans" scramble to raise the planetary shields*

Security officer: Where are our forces?

Security officer 2: Most are en route from that rebel base. The rest are...still waiting to be called!

Security officer: Then hurry up and do so before they jam our communications! Alert all forces on planet as well. We won't go down without a fight!

Deac
01-03-2003, 04:04 AM
*Syrnl turns from the viewport*

Syrnl: Irvine, we're not here to take Coruscant. We plan to try, don't get me wrong, but we're here to tie up their military whilst my son and his friends try to stop this from happening. Then Deac Starkiller WILL be here to set things right!

Launch all fighters!

Target orbital emplacements!

Fire!

Kuuki
01-03-2003, 04:34 PM
*WH Irvine remains quiet... Then Suddenly gets a glimipse of a mirror image of him self in a fighter.*

WH Irvine pointing to the fighter: "There! That fighter! Bring that Fighter in! Srynl do you feel that!?"

----

*RH Irvine senses the excitmen from his counterpart, and too recieves a glimpse of a mirror image of himself, looking at him, pointing...*

RH Irvine: "What the hell??"

*RH Irvine guns his fighter to the Pheonix.*

Admiral
01-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Voice: You have proven your wisdom. You hold sufficent knowledge of the past and future to proceed.

*Right behind the dead warrior, a hidden door opens. The warrior slumps once again. Heimdall enters the hidden room with care.*

Heimdall: There is another riddle in here, as well as a door.

-------------------------------

Asgardried: Good Morning child. I assume you are hungry.

*the restraints are undone. a moment later a tray of food is brought in by one of the Asgardried's automated droids.*

((Superthrawn: Just so you know, it is the ship that is talking,

Everyone else: The Asgardried is outfitted with maintence units so it can take care of itself. The Asgardried controls them))

Deac
01-04-2003, 12:03 PM
*Syrnl stares*

It's you... Tractor that ship in!

Kuuki
01-04-2003, 12:22 PM
WH Irvine: "What? It's me?"

*RH Irvine's barrowed fighter, gets locked on by the tractor beams*

RH Irvine: "Into the belly I go..."

Redwing
01-04-2003, 08:28 PM
Aidan: *in response to the voice* Hooray.

Marin: Riddle first. I'm betting we won't like what happens if we try that door.

Admiral
01-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Heimdall: The Door is sealed, according to the inscription if we answser this riddle correctly then the door will open.

Time has no meaning to this, as small as a ball, more powerful then anything created. Thought can control it, only the wise will be able to find it.

Idun: This has to refer to the Time Matrix.

*The door suddenly opens, revealing a portal*

Redwing
01-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Aidan: Oh great. A portal. I'm sure this will end well.

Raschel: *hesitates* So...we're supposed to go through that? It doesn't look so friendly...

Marin: Okay, let's recap. We're looking for gates. Or at least a gate. And we're supposed to unlock it with this. *holds up the clear crystal key that had started the entire mess* Are we supposed to assume that this portal will take us there?

Misae: *speaking for the first time since entering the station* I wouldn't, if I were you.

Marin: What do you mean?

*Misae points to a symbol directly above the portal. Marin looks at it, uncomprehending* What is it?

Misae: Sith.

Admiral
01-05-2003, 07:52 PM
Idun: Not quite, the symbol resembles a sith marking but there are slight differences, if you know where to look. It is the mark of the Norns.

*Idun, steps through and is transported to a temple. She returns to give the all clear. Heimdall then goes through the portal.*

Redwing
01-05-2003, 08:36 PM
*Misae looks suspicious at Idun's comment*

So, the Norns and the Sith share something in common...

...didn't they say the "Jotuns" helped create the Sith?...

*Misae steps through the portal. Marin enters, then Aidan. Raschel lags behind*

Raschel: *to Orthos* So...we follow them? Are you sure about all of this, Orthos?

Deac
01-06-2003, 01:53 PM
I'm not sure about anything Raschel. But if we survive, we don't have to worry anymore. I'm sure this is what Deac would have done...did you ever meet him?

*Prepares mentally to enter portal*

Redwing
01-07-2003, 10:17 AM
Raschel: No, I never did. Funny...he always seemed so above everyone...like a superhuman. Deac Starkiller, hero of the Rebellion. I never thought I'd wish I'd met him, until I found out he was dead.

I'm really sorry.

*Raschel pauses*

I guess we really do have no choice.

*Raschel steps through the portal*

Deac
01-07-2003, 01:33 PM
"Hero"...he might not have liked that. But he always tried to do the right thing. I guess this is what I have to do.

So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you must decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you....

*Enters portal*

Kuuki
01-07-2003, 02:03 PM
*RH Irvine, gets out of the fighter, and immedately he has stormtroopers pointing rifles at him... Irvine pulls his hair back, and the stormtroopers pull back.*

RH Irvine: "What the??"

Admiral
01-07-2003, 04:16 PM
((In the background appear lawyers for Tolkien ready to sue Deac for copyright infringements))

*In front of the group sits a large ornate temple. Directly infront of them is a large staircase. Idun continues to explain about the marking.*

Idun: A long time ago we hunted the sith, to stop their darkness. Eventually helping the Jedi to elimate them at Yavin 4. Our forces would go into a sith stronghold and elminate everyone there, and place that mark above the entrance. Usually they would also have traps set for any sith that returned. Overtime that mark was used by the Sith to mean danger, or as a warning. They were never able to get the detail correct, which is how I knew that was paticular mark was not Sith. We call it the mark of the Norn since they were the ones that predicted the rise of the Sith and our hunting them.

For the Sith it means danger, for us it means that the Norns had something to do with this.

*Heimdall looking around only sees the temple*

Heimdall: Looks like we should go there (motiioning to the temple).

*He begins to climb the stairs.

Redwing
01-07-2003, 10:27 PM
*The group ascends the stairs, reaching the temple entrance. The entrance has an very high, very beautfully crafted enormous gate. The hinges were cleverly created so they left absolutely no gaps between the gate and its frame. Two large, ornate handles were set in the middle of the gate, where the double doors joined.

There was only one problem with it.

There was no separation where the doors looked like they should join. The handles were there, but no seam. One door passed right into the other*

Aidan: Figures.

Raschel: How does that...open?

*Guy walks directly up to the gate and looks more closely* There's a keyhole...

Admiral
01-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Heimdall to Marin: May I see the key that you two have. I think this might be the door it goes to.

Deac
01-08-2003, 01:36 PM
[OOS: Deac calmly explains that it's not like he made any money from it and that he really loves that book, and then quietly guitars them]

*Orthos stares at this place. It looked like the place he'd been when he'd become the Darkkiller, but different...*

Redwing
01-08-2003, 09:54 PM
*Marin takes out the key and puts it in the keyhole, and turns it. The key sinks into the gate until its top is parallel with the gate's surface. A pinprick of intense light forms at the top of the key, and expands to split the key in half. The beam of bright light streaks upwards and downwards across the gate, vertically splitting the keyhole and the rest of the gate with it. The light fades, leaving the missing seam in between the double doors*

Marin: ....Wow.

Aidan: So it was pretty. Goodness me. What now, are we supposed to prance right on through?

Admiral
01-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Heimdall: Well that is the only place to go so I would say yes.

Deac
01-09-2003, 02:15 PM
*Orthos looks up and then sees why this place looks so familar. He sees the Tower, and the meeting room that sits above it. The place where he has been before, and the place where the fates of the world were decided. Then he looked further, and for a few moments, faintly, thought he saw a huge golden city in the stars. Then he looked to the bright gap between the doors, and was the first to enter...*

Kuuki
01-10-2003, 04:35 PM
*Invisable to the groups eyes and silent to their ears, completey unaware, a watcher proceeds to obsurve them...*

???(1) talking to self: "Aaahh, yes these mortals seek the Orb of Forever... I shall see how well they use it..."

*The Spectar floats to infront to orthos, whom is still not seeing who or what is in front of him.*

???(1): "Hmph, Another mortal with an Avatar... I don't understand a mortal ever needing one... Bah!"

*Floats over to Heimdall...*

???(1): "Now heres a fighter, nice and intelligant to boot. He'd be interesting to tweak out a little..."

*The spectar continues to admire the group, as they proceed to find the Time Matrix...*

Redwing
01-11-2003, 01:34 AM
((OOS: "Vinar" have Avatars? If you're referring to the specific type of Avatar in this universe, you need to seriously read up, because there's no such thing as a Vinar and in the history of this universe (known to me) only mortals have ever had Avatars.)))

----------

*Astral plane. A flash of light appears, and two men appear facing opposite directions, as if they had just bumped into one another. The first man is the man in the dark coat. The second wears similar clothing but has a head of light purple hair and blue eyes*

Man: T. Fancy brushing into you here.

T: Sakara. Asrogeth. Why have you pulled me here? I have business to attend to.

Man: You're late. It's already begun.

T: I had someone to talk to.

Man: *grins* I know.

T: What are you doing here, Sakara?

*The purple-haired man grins* Interfering. Just like you. How's working for the powers-that-be treating you? Good pay? Nice hours? Had any time problems?

T: I must be on my way.

Sakara: So soon? What? Oh...let me guess. Afraid of her, aren't we?

T: *turns to face Sakara* I'm working for the Aeges, gods in their own rights and beings of this dimension. I am fixing a major error in the fabric of space time, so she will just have to live with my presence. So, if all your business with me here is useless taunting, I must be leaving. I have a job to do.

*Sakara is grinning* Alright, you don't want to admit it. But that wasn't what I called you here for. Checked on your little group of dysfunctional "champions" lately? *Sakara flashes a huge grin, as if delighted with something*

T: *says nothing for a moment* What are you talking about.

Sakara: Well, if you're so on top of your "job", you must already know about it, right? Silly me. So, I'll just be off now...after all, you don't want to talk to me anyway... *Sakara fades from view, still grinning*

T: What? Wait! No! Oh...Dammit! *T turns and vanishes instantly*

Kuuki
01-11-2003, 12:22 PM
how do you know that he just doesn't like the use of avatars in Mortals :D

Deac
01-11-2003, 02:40 PM
[Avatars are normally the mortal forms of gods. In this case, these two require mortals to exist for prolonged existence on the prime planes, because they have been weakened]

*The Next Room. Different decors fill various shapeless spaces around it. Orthos sees it is full of people, many that he has known in his life, and is puzzled. Many of them are dead. His mother and Syrnl stand at a viewscreen, planning attacks. Lokpihet sits alone in a corner with a different decor, mumbling to himself, his therapist sits on his couch back in his office, his old Captain from Wraith Squadron sits in what was his office and Deac Starkiller sits in what looks like part of a cantina. Orthos sees no door ahead of him. This must be some kind of challenge*

Kuuki
01-11-2003, 10:55 PM
speaking of syrnl... I feel kind left out, thats why im not posting any irvines in a few days, cus im waiting for a syrnl one...

Admiral
01-11-2003, 11:56 PM
*Heimdall enters the same room as Orthos. Instead of seeing pictures of Orthos past he saw pictures of his own. One containing his mother and father.*

Heimdall: Anyone else see things from their past?

Redwing
01-12-2003, 01:57 AM
Marin

*Marin enters the gates after Orthos. She expects to see him, but...he's nowhere to be seen.

What she does causes her to trip in astonishment.

There was an enormous room in front of her. Shapeless pieces with differing decor filled with people, all people she's known at one point in time or another in her life...some dead.

The nearest section was clearly underwater. She could see her father, standing with other consulars, all other Water-Breathers, in heated discussion.

Other sections had her numerous childhood friends, now all moved or gone...or dead, even, in the War.

This place was all wrong. It had to be a memory. A collage of memories. Was it some kind of test?

In one section was the gang Aidan had come from, the gang she had met when she had run from her kidnappers. A few she recognized.

The closest was the gang's "recruiter" and minor leader; a tall girl with short blonde hair and black eyes named Kate. She wore a pink shirt and orange pants emblazoned with flames, with the words "I KISS GIRLS" on the front of her shirt. Icefire, another mutant, dressed in a black shirt and blue jeans with blue flames etched on them, sat next to her, along with Ice's cousin Sara. Next to Sara Marin recognized Miguel, Kir'lhana, and Masque; a tall Latino-looking gargoyle with powerful magic powers, a mildly psychic North Elf and a powerful but somewhat withdrawn mind-reader, respectively. Near them she recognized a couple others...Griff, an insecure shy mutant not completely in control in of his power, which consisted of morphing gold-orange wings, claws, fur and feathers; Cloud, a sweet English weather-controlling girl; Winter, blaster artist; Winter's sister Aria; Gillian, an unusual ensouled half-vampire...and at least thirty others she knew only by face. They were all discussing something she couldn't make out.

A little apart from them sat a girl all in black, with black eyes, short, thick, black hair spiked to resemble a "cat ears" style, and a canary yellow collar. Chere Cecilia. Marin didn't really know her, but remembered being fascinated by her. She was staring off into space, eyes piercing.

Marin, confused, looked past all the people, eyes searching for the passage out.

There was none.

----------

Aidan

Aidan entered the gates after Marin. He was surprised upon entering to find that she had vanished.

Instead the eerie scene that had confronted her confronted him, with drastic changes.

The mutant "street gang" he belonged to - "Kate's gang" (more accurately Riss' gang, but as Kate had recruited him he'd always thought of Kate as being the leader) was in one section closest to him. In other bits and sections were his parents, his teachers, an uncle, the few friends he'd had as children...

Impossible. They're all DEAD. And I left my gang back in my dimension...

----------

Misae

*Misae entered a sparse and extraordinarily strange room. She could see her dead parents and two cousins in one section. In another were a few adults she'd once known. In another, a bundle of anonymous and disapproving Jedi. None of the figures or the background around them looked "real".

But, the biggest shock of all was standing right in front of her, instantly commanding all of her attention. Her master...Quhn Vaas.

----------

Guy

Guy entered the gates at the same time as Raschel. He was only able to register her being there once second, the next disappearing, before his head exploded in a brilliance of pain, blinding him.

----------

Raschel

The room held her dead parents, exterminated long ago by Syrnl Darkstar. It held all the human children she'd observed from afar as the only alien child at the Imperial royalty high-class private school. It held her first few friends, including the Twi'lek Subari and his sister who had opened the door to the Rebellion and the very first Wraith Squadron, created before the Death Star had destroyed Alderaan, for her so long ago. She recognized all the Wraiths near them, with only Orthos Darkstar missing. There were others she'd known, people from the Rebellion after the Wraiths, people from the New Republic Intelligence she theoretically still worked for.

Then there were others.

People she didn't recognize. People she was sure she'd never seen before.

Some of them looked like her.

Raschel had never seen another member of her race before. Ever.

She was amazed, terrified and confused at the same time.

What is going on?!

Admiral
01-12-2003, 03:38 AM
*Hearing no reply Heimdall turns around, expecting to see the others to find nothing, only more memories of his past.

This time he saw himself kneeling before his farther. It was when he was given a seat in Gladsheim. All of the council was there. Heimdall looked at each person, all but three were now dead.*
---------------------

*Idun stood outside the doorway hesitating to go in. She saw the other members of the group wandering around the room, they were almost in a trance. How odd she thought. In the conner of her eye she saw Heimdall suddenly fall to his knees. Without a second thought she rushes into the room to go to him.

Almost immediatly after crossing the threshold she lost all knowledge of the others. Images of her past then began to come to her, and soon completly absorbed her attention*

Kuuki
01-12-2003, 09:13 AM
???: "They all see images of their pasts. But I don't... All I see is another set of double doors. Seems like this Marin is on the right track... she just needs to ignore everything and walk on through..."

*??? then sees Guy in pain...*

???: "This room only brings you pain only becuase the room tries to pull out your memory, and finds none... It doesn't matter, it's still part of the test..."

*the spectar takes form, of an ancient Sith... The room for him slightly changes to show images of couresant before any major cities were once there, but the spectar ignored it...*

Deac
01-12-2003, 11:13 AM
*Orthos looks around. No-one else is here. The door has vanished from behind him. He moves over to Deac and sits beside him*

Deac: Orthos? What are you doing here? Anyway, maybe you can help me. I've got this damn dagger, and I need a force crystal. Think you can find me one?

*Orthos nods. This must be part of it. He does not talk, but moves over to Lokpihet*

Lokpihet: I have no idea how the hell you are, so unless you've got my prize dagger, get lost!

*Orthos places the dagger down*

Lokpihet: You have it? Amazing! Here, take this medallion.

*Now Orthos moves with trepidation toward Syrnl*

Syrnl: Now, Ithekka, I've lost the damn source of my power. I can't do my work without it.

Ithekka: I'm sure you'll find it dear- hey! Lieutenant, take this damn book back to the library,would you?

*As Orthos walks away, he hears her say: "I don't think Orthos is what I want him to be. He's no sith. You didn't tell me."

*Next, his therapist*

Therapist: Now Orthos, I think you're fine. You can have your rank back. Did you ever find me

*Orthos looks at the book. It is the Prophecies of Zedeem, the religion of his therapist. He hands it to him. He then places the rank on Captain Garrik's desk. Looking at the medallion, he sees the Darkstar crest. He then looks back at his fighting parents. He almost doesn't want his parents to have it*

Kuuki
01-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Scarface2k2
speaking of syrnl... I feel kind left out, thats why im not posting any irvines in a few days, cus im waiting for a syrnl one...

deac: o.0 :(

*As the Spectar finishes that formation of his temperary body then a symbol that was identical to the one on the outside of the temple was shown on his forehead, carved out... He was the first...*

*After wards he notices the old skeletons that laid about on the floor, not that he didn't know that they were there, but he sees the danger for those whom do not pass...*

*the spectar still saw each of the room's victums...*

Spectar: 'I could help... but there is the purpose of the room... Crap. This room was made by to same damn people whom killed me... well might as well, poor saps...

*Walks over to Orthos. And places a Hand on his shoulder.*

Spectar: "You better move it. Or else you'd end up like them..." *points to skeletons...*

Redwing
01-12-2003, 07:07 PM
((Scar, I don't think much is happening - Syrnl isn't going to make much progress with Coruscant's heavy defenses; besides, he's just trying to tie up the Imperials for the time being ;)

btw, the Spectar was only partially correct about Guy))

Guy

*The pain abruptly stops, and Guy hears a voice*

"This room only brings you pain only becuase the room tries to pull out your memory, and finds none... It doesn't matter, it's still part of the test..."

*Guy looks up. Unlike the others, he does not see images from his past...but rather, the images from the Spectar's. Watching them, he sees the Spectar standing outside the scenarios, like him*

Spectar: *rambling to itself* I could help... but there is the purpose of the room... Crap. This room was made by to same damn people whom killed me... well might as well, poor saps...

*The Spectar walks over to Orthos. Guy realizes in astonishment that he could suddenly see all the others walking around the room...but apparently unaware of all the others*

Spectar: *to Orthos* You better move it. Or else you'd end up like them...

*Orthos does not respond. Guy's eyes narrow as he finally recognizes the Spectar's corporeal image. That of a Sith*

Guy: Who are you? What are you doing here?

-----------

Misae

*Misae falls to her knees in front of Quhn Vaas*

Misae: MASTER!

Quhn: Rise child, what are you doing? *takes something out of his pocket; a lightsaber* Here Misae. I need you to take this to Master Skywalker.

*Misae could see Master Skywalker standing in a corner. But she didn't really care. She collapses in front of Vaas and grabs his robes, clutching*

Misae: I have you again...and I'll never, never, never leave you again...I'll never let you go again...

----------

Marin

*The room was certainly the most eerie thing she had ever seen.*

Okay, think, Marin. This has to be some kind of test.

*Marin walks towards the nearest group; her father and the consulars. She feels the natural filters in her nasal passagways kick in as she walks into the water. The feeling brings sharp wistfulness. She hadn't been underwater in weeks*

Marin: Excuse me, Father, could I have a minute?

Marin's father: Of course, but I'm a little busy right now.

Marin: I, uh, think there's a problem here. I was hoping you could help me...

*The other consulars look at Marin with disapproval, and she looks a little embarassed. It was the top of the traditional virtues for a female Water-Breather to be as self-sufficient as possible, especially a young one; for as females were slightly weaker than males, they needed to strive even harder than the other sex to be on a par with them. Independence was the highest virtue. Only if a female had children would society approve of her depending on another. This whole thing was supposed to be a dead tradition, but it was still very much present in the thoughts and minds of the elders*

Marin's father: A problem? What problem?

Marin: Look around you, father...don't you think this is a bit strange?

Marin's father: Strange? What's strange?

----------

Aidan

*Aidan stares at Kate, then at her shirt. He could read the "I KISS GIRLS" logo clearly*

This can't be a dream. I can't read in dreams. The letters won't stay clear...

*Aidan walks over to Kate*

Aidan: Kate. What's going on? How the heck are you here? What is this place?

Kate: *looks up at him with a confused look* Uhh, are you feeling alright, Aidan?

----------

Raschel

*Raschel stares at the scenario in confusion, fear crushing her mind. She had no doubt this had something to do with the fact she'd come here to seek the Time Matrix.*

This was a mistake, a mistake, a mistake! Orthos would know what to do - he's got this kind of weird power. But he isn't here!

*Hesistantly, Raschel inches closer to the people populating the frightening place in front of her*

Admiral
01-12-2003, 09:21 PM
*Heimdall dropped to his knees when saw the image Balder's funeral. Everything was there, even Hyrrokin (the first good Jotuns), who was there to help push the boat out to sea. He continued to look around and saw rows upon rows of Aesir who also showed up for the funeral*

*Idun walk from memory to memory, something in the back of her head kept her from stopping. She had to find someone, or something.

Suddenly she felt a burst of pain coming right beside her, she turns...*

*Heimdall now saw his father approaching Balder. Odin whispered something into Balder's ear, what the allfather said couldn't be heard by the others. Stepping back Odin gave the signal. Hyrrokin heaved the boat into the water. A moment later an archer let loose a flaming arrow igniting the boat which held Balder.

Something was wrong though, there was no sound. The memory was perfect except for the absence of the sound. Heimdall could see the waves crashing along the shore but he couldn't hear them. A suddenly a jolt of pain is sent through Heimdall*

*Idun sees a shadowy image of Heimdall. He looked to be in distress. Concern for her friend urded Idun to go to him. However, the memories also tugged at her. Promising to show her people she loved who were now dead. She begins to turn away from Heimdall*

*Heimdall suddenly realized that this was another test. He had to escape these fake memories. He began to stand to see Loki there, his nemis. Loki was holding a sword and blocked his path. There was a devilish expression on Loki's face, and with out warning he attacked cutting Heimdall's arm.

Clutching his arm, Heimdall stood and advaced on Loki. Loki in returned cut Heimdall's calf forcing Him down to one knee. Heimdall look at Loki with hatred, and felt that if he turned away all of this would be over. If he went back to watching his memories everything would be fine. Something in him refused to turn away, for his this Loki savishly punched him.*

*Only Idun could feel the pain that Heimdall was in. It caused her to falter and once again she turned towards the shadowy image. This time concern for her friend won. She approach the shadowy image of Heimdall.

The promise of the memories grew more presistant in her mind. She ignored them and steadily approached her friend. Suddenly the promises stopped. Idun turned and once again saw the members of the group wandering around the room. With out hesitation she touched Heimdalls shoulders.

Once again Idun lost all awareness of the others, except for Heimdall. He was injured and did not speak, he didn't turn his head to acknowledge her. Slowly she turned her head to see what had captivated his attention. She saw Loki and remember, when he and Heimdall had fought.

However, this was not a memory like the other ones she experienced. The original Fight Loki never was able to cut Hiemdall, nor did it last this long. Idun knew she had to get Heimdall out of there.

She walks up to Loki, and knocks the blade out of his hand. Two things surprised her about this. How easy it was to remove the blade and how the blade disappeared when it left Loki's hand. Returning to Heimdall, she helps him up and the walk past Loki who know does nothing to stop them.

As soon as they past Loki, they could see the others again. They were also at the center of the room. Setting Heimdall down. Idun tends to his injuries*

Idun: Are you alright?

Heimdall: Yes, thankyou. I wonder what this place is.

Idun: I think I know.

Kuuki
01-12-2003, 10:41 PM
*The spectar notices Rothos does not respond...*

*then from behind...*

Guy: "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

*turns*

Spectar: "Aaahh yes, I'd knew you'd break out of it... I am no one, well at least what people know of me... I like other's like me, watch the universe, we have the ability to affect somethings, and so to others... How ever I do ask, why are you people searching for the Orb of Forever? And why should I let you people have it?"

Redwing
01-13-2003, 12:34 AM
Guy: I don't know what I should tell you. All I know is...I have an extremely strong feeling you're not supposed to be here.

*Voice from behind Guy* You're correct. It isn't.

*Guy turns* You! The man from the vision!

T: None other. *points a finger at the Spectar* Go back to the shadow world. What these mortals do with the Orb of Forever is not your concern and has never been so. If you insist on remaining, I shall demonstrate what happens to presumptuous immortals when their heads sink below water...

Admiral
01-13-2003, 12:57 AM
*Heimdall and Idun step up to where guy was standing*

Heimdall: This is pointless. You do not have what we seek, and you cannot stop us from reaching our goal.

Deac
01-13-2003, 01:47 PM
*Orthos only stares at his bickering parents, until his mother begins drawing darkness from Syrnl. Orthos then sees his real father squirming*

Ittheka: SO you hid this from me? I'm going to destroy you with it, then that bastard son of yours. Don't lie to me, I know I wasn't pregnant whilst in that coma. I'll kill you, then Orthos, then Reletha, then I'll get Lokpihet back, and we'll run this house my way

*Orthos slams the medallion down on the table*

Orthos: Take it, father.

*Syrnl takes it. A force crystal appears. Orthos grabs it and runs over to Deac, and gives it to him. Everyone disappears but Syrnl and Ittheka*

Ittheka: Well, Orthos, you could still be my son. Kill him, and together we can rule!

Syrnl: You owe her no loyalty. You probably owe me none. You have to decide which Syrnl I am, and who you will help. That will determine your fate.

BattleDog
01-13-2003, 05:24 PM
*Taklin Flax stands behind Orthos, his visage invisible to the mortals.*

Flax: This is frustrating, so Deac, which way will he go?

Kuuki
01-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Spectar: "I appologise, something has just drawn to my attention... You'd understand what I will see, can't by mortal eyes..."

*walks over to Talkin Flax*

Spectar: "What brings the likes of you here, Ghost..."

Redwing
01-13-2003, 11:00 PM
T

*T looks angry* Foolish being. Your undisguised presence here is drawing other spirits in like moths to a flame.

*to Flax's image* You cannot interact here; it is forbidden. I really am sorry for you...your fate came too early and too quickly. But I can't let you interfere...

----------

Guy

*Guy sees Heimdall and Idun ascend behind him. They seem somehow clearer than the rest of the still-wandering group. They apparently now saw and heard the mysterious figures in front of them*

Heimdall: This is pointless. You do not have what we seek, and you cannot stop us from reaching our goal.

*The being must have listened to him, for it abruptly faded from view. The images from its memory vanished. Guy took a moment to realize that the man in the dark coat had also vanished.*

----------

Misae

Quhn: *kneels and lifts up Misae gently* But Misae. Sometimes you have to let go of the people you love, or the memory of them will consume you.

Misae: NO! I will not leave you! I can't! I needed you and you left!

Quhn: You're exactly right...I left...

*Quhn's image wavers* I am only part of your memory, Misae. All of this is only a part of your memory. Your mind will tell you this. It is telling you this. I am only part of your memory, Misae...

Now will you give this lightsaber to Master Skywalker?

*Misae looks at the lightsaber. It is hers*

----------

Marin

*Marin looks at her father for a long moment then sighs* Never mind. Figures.

*Marin exits the water, ignoring the strong urge to stay for just a little while longer. She heads for the gang*

----------

Aidan

Aidan: What's wrong with you? How'd you follow me here? How'd you find me...what are you doing in this weird place?

Kate: Follow you? Find you? Why, where'd you go?

Aidan: Hello. I left with that girl Marin for the month. You remember.

Kate: No, I don't. Come on, sit down with us. You're making me nervous standing over me like that.

Aidan: We went to another dimension till the slavers took us down from their lists, and the Shadows figured we weren't coming back. C'mon, you remember why we left.

Kate: Yes...you did, didn't you...

Aidan: Okay, what's the matter with you now?

Kate: *strange look in her eyes* You left us.

Aidan: Yeah, I did, Kate...

Kate: You left us.

Aidan: Okay, you're definitely either drugged out or you're...I don't know...

This isn't a dream, but I'm starting to think it's not real, either...

Kate: You left us.

Aidan: Whatever.

*Aidan walks away, around the section housing his old friends. He is rounding a blocked corner when something reaches out and grabs him by the throat*

----------

Raschel

*Raschel comes to the nearest section, one resembling her old home, and stops. The four humans in the section turn. She recognizes the closest members of her adoptive family - her mother, father, uncle, and aunt*

Mother: Raschel, honey! Where've you been all this time?

Father: *using his pet nickname for her* Rassi! How good to see you! Come on in, we've been waiting for you!

*her aunt and uncle smile welcomingly. Raschel begins crying*

How? How? You're all dead...the Empire killed you...Syrnl...Syrnl Darkstar did...

Deac
01-14-2003, 01:41 PM
[OOS:*Taklin Flax stands behind Orthos, his visage invisible to the mortals.*

Flax: This is frustrating, so Deac, which way will he go?

Aren't they lost in time at this point?]

*Orthos decides*

I choose neither.

*He snaps the medallion in half*

Syrnl: Then you chose wisely.

*The room turns a blinding white*

BattleDog
01-14-2003, 06:23 PM
((OSS: I figure until the group fix the timeline there has to be a version of them in this time line dead. So I thought, what the hell, a couple of all knowing, totally ineffectual beings cursing as the living stagger about trying to sort this out might be funny.))

Flax: So, Deac, did you know you had a Son?

Admiral
01-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Idun *speaking to Heimdall and Guy*: As I was saying, this place is basically a trap. When people enter something effects them causing them to see memories. The room tries to keep the person consumed with memories, and when a person resist the real danger begins. If you resist then violence could insue, like what happened to Heimdall.

Heimdall: Yes, I recall reading about rooms like this. These are very deadly creations. It is very easy to get lost in your past, especially when you face a bleak future.

Redwing
01-15-2003, 02:30 AM
((Dammit - the forum ate my original post x_x so this one's gonna be short...

edit: or not :p))

Guy

It must have been changed to allow a way out...right? Obviously, you two found it. Now the question is, how do we help them?

----------

Misae

*Misae looks with numb confusion at the lightsaber. She looks up, past Quhn and to the Jedi standing in the background. She recognizes Luke Skywalker standing out prominently*

Misae: *pulls away, looking humiliated* You're all mirages...none of you are real...none of you...

Quhn: *looking sadly at the Jedi, all of which Misae knew were dead* You know I never would have left you alone like this knowingly...

Misae: *realizes she is crying, wipes her tears away angrily* Is that supposed to make me feel better?

*Misae, not receiving an answer, looks back at the Jedi. Quhn follows her gaze, then looks pointedly up.

Misae looks past and above the group of Jedi. She receives a mental jolt as she suddenly becomes aware of what is surrounding them, in fact, looming over everything, surrounding it like a stormy sea...

Swirling, hungry, boiling, sucking darkness.

----------

Marin

*Marin stops in the middle of the room*

This place...it's creating this world using my memories. So if I want to get away, I need to take my memories away from it...

*Marin concentrates on the first picture that comes up in her mind....that of a wolf. Her body begins to morph*

----------

Aidan

*Aidan, choking, looks down his attacker's arm. He recognizes the snarling face he sees there; another gargoyle, bigger than he, with dark purple skin rather than blue*

Aidan: You!

Attacker: Yes, me! *raises Aidan higher over his head* Go hide in another dimension, will you? Trying to get away from me? Well, you never were good at either running nor hiding!

Aidan: Shut your deluded yap! *Aidan jabs his claws into his attacker's arm and sends a powerful surge of energy in. The two fly apart*

Aidan: Run away from the likes of you? NEVER!

*Aidan lets fly another arc of deadly energy. His attacker dodges* You always were a sniveling little coward, Aidan! *THe attacker forms a ball of white-silver energy and sends it flying at Aidan, who blocks it*

Aidan: *full of anger, eyes glowing wildly, in full-blown attack mode* I'll show you who is the master, rakae!

----------

Raschel

*Raschel collapses to her knees. She couldn't take the emotional assault*

Mother: Why are you crying, Raschel?

Raschel: *crying* Because you're not real!

Mother: Why honey, of course I'm real. I'm right here, aren't I?

Raschel: *pushes her away* NO! *still crying* You're not real!

Admiral
01-15-2003, 02:53 AM
((Red: Before you post copy what your wrote, then in case the forum eats the reply, you can always just past it and save you a lot of time))

Idun: Well to get free I had to make a choice, and Heimdall had to pass the phatom trying to keep him there. I believe this will be similar for the others. They will thier have to make a choice or get pass something.

Also if you touch the person you will be able to see what they are seeing.

Heimdall: We should concentrate on one member at a time. *looking around Heimdall sees that Aidan is apparantly fighting something, and Marin was changing into a wolf.* Perhaps we should start with the children.

Deac
01-15-2003, 01:33 PM
Deac: No...not really....but we shouldn't be here, Flax....we have more to be doing...

*Disappears*

-------------------------------

*Orthos sees only light*

BattleDog
01-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Flax: Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

*Poof*

Kuuki
01-15-2003, 09:49 PM
*Spectar turns sharply towards T*

Spectar: "HA! You expect these creatures to see me presence even with this undisguised form you say? Oh this is what I looked like when I perished. Where light does not penetrate my form is much more demonic then you see before you... As for these beings? I don't even need to try and block thier thoughts of me, the only one here whom seemed to ackomplish that feat was this..." *turns his head a little to somewhat 'point' in the direction of Guy* "So..." *Becomes unpresant to Guy's eyes and ears.* "What brings you here?"

----------------

*By armed escort, the orignal Irvine walks to the bridge, strangely relaxed...*

Redwing
01-16-2003, 01:16 AM
((Yeah...I usually do...but for some reason I didn't that time ^^;; stoopid me))

Guy

*touches Orthos, who had stopped moving, curious*

Guy: I don't get it. He's seeing only light. No memory-images.

Orthos...Orthos? Can you hear me?

----------

Aidan

*Aidan flies at the gargoyle facing him. The two crash into the amorphous "wall" of the room. The two struggle briefly, then kick the other off*

Attacker: I was always more powerful than you. Now I'm going to finally prove it. You won't leave here alive!

Aidan: You were always a fool, Solitan. *attacks again, energy bolts flying from his fingertips. Solitan deflects them*

Aidan: How did you do that?

*Solitan answers with another ball of energy. Aidan barely dodges*

Aidan: I see you've got an upgrade. Have to sell your soul for this one?

Solitan: Stupid. This was always my true power. You just wouldn't let yourself see it! Playtime's over, pal!

*Balls of white radiating energy fly at Aidan. Aidan lets fly his own energy attack, which successfully blocks the energy balls, sending them flying everywhere*

Aidan: *laughs* There's nothing worth seeing!

----------

Marin

*As Marin finishes the morph, the images distort and fade. When the morph completed, the images disappeared completely. The room, as she had anticipated, recognized her as an animal. In reality, she was an animal linked to and controlled by a human brain and body somewhere in the dimension known as zero-space.

With her wolf vision, she now sees the rest of the group*

*in thought speech* <What was that?>

----------

Raschel

*Raschel backs away from the faux images of her adoptive parents. She closes her eyes tightly and starts to run, but bumps into someone. She opens her eyes, and sees one of the other K'Berans standing in front of her*

Raschel: Who are you?!

K'Beran: I'm a memory, like everything here. I'm your mother, Raschel.

----------

Misae

Misae: What does this mean?

Quhn: I don't know. Because you don't know.

Misae: If everything here is a memory...

Quhn: Your memories, your thoughts, your mind.

Misae: Damn you. Damn you to hell...for not being real. Now I know I'll never have him back.

*Misae passes Quhn and walks towards the darkness*

----------

T

T: I know what you are. *raises his hands, palms outward* You will leave. Now.

Deac
01-16-2003, 01:37 PM
*Orthos begins to hear a voice*

Getting your attention, Mortal? Good. Now, I hate to interupt your little crusade, but soon you're going to go through a change and you're gonna need to make some friends among us. My name is Relethar. This power you have, you could use it...for yourself. Think about it. Now, I'll let you decide what to do with a device that can alter time.

*Orthos is left suspended in the whiteness*

Kuuki
01-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Spectar: "What makes you think you can make me? I can't be destroyed, not even be erased. Even by any Aeges. But if you have a good reason why I should, explain..."

Redwing
01-16-2003, 10:01 PM
((Scar: Uhhhh - ghosts don't get more powerful than psuedo-gods ;)

@Deac: Yay, an evil Aege ;)))

T

*T's hand illuminate. Beams of off-blue light emanate from them, circling*

T: I am the guardian of these mortals. *The beams move closer to the spectar's form* My power is something even you don't understand. And I told you, I know what you are. Go back to your spectral world.

----------

Aidan

*Aidan lashes out again, at full power. He increases the power until ripping energy bolts leap from all over his entire body. The entire room fills with the lightning-like destructive energy emanating from him. The energy cracks across Solitan's body with vicious heat*

Solitan: AAAHHHHHH!! *vanishes in a flash of light*

*Aidan laughs. He powers down* Anyone else?

*Aidan looks around the room. His mouth drops open in horror*

----------

Marin, Guy

*Marin demorphs. The room remains normal. Apparently it she'd beaten whatever mystical program ran it.*

Guy: *still touching Orthos* Relethar? Who is that?

----------

Raschel

Raschel: M...my...mother?

*The K'Beran looks back silently. Raschel turns away*

This isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real, this isn't real...

*Out of the corner of her eye, she glimpses someone*

Orthos?

----------

Misae

*She stops in front of the wall of Jedi. Luke Skywalker looks at her expectantly*

Misae: *takes out her lightsaber* You want this?

*Luke does not respond*

Misae: *face turns into a snarl* Too bad.

Kuuki
01-16-2003, 10:17 PM
Spectar standing ground: "Well, seeing is that I haven't done anything to these mortals yet. So why do you I will? However I don't underestimate your powers, you do to mine. How ever I don't wish to use them on these... They don't need It as far as im conserned..."

Redwing
01-16-2003, 10:34 PM
T: Your power is little outside your realm.

*The beams come closer. One gets too close. It shreds the right hand of the Spectar's "body"*

This is your final warning.

Admiral
01-16-2003, 11:32 PM
Heimdall: Welcome back Marin. Now let me see if I remember. I believe *looks around* yes here it is. If we destroy it the memories should end.

*Heimdall grabs the crstal in his hand and breaks it. Nothing happened to the others*

I was afraid of that. They are far to deep. Well back to square one.

Kuuki
01-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Spectar: "Why are you so worried? Have you any idea how meny dead I can simply have returned to life If I wish to? Yes, It'll drain my powers for a long time and among others like myself, but we don't. How ever that doesn't have anything to do with the current situation, I haven't done anything to these people, Nor do I plan on it, for this time."

Admiral
01-16-2003, 11:50 PM
Idun to Heimdall: I'm going to have to tell you about this, it is rather funny.

Heimdall: Huh?

Idun: When we get out of here I'll explain.

Redwing
01-17-2003, 12:16 AM
*Another beam shreds the right arm of the Spectar's "body". The beams now cycle directly around the phantom's figure*

T: *eyes glowing* Don't babble, Sith. You're embarrassing yourself.

*T closes the beams, ripping up and dissolving the figure. T closes his eyes and pushes the disembodied soul from the plane*

T: Come back again, and the damage will be far more permanent.

I wonder why he threatened to raise the dead...great. Another thing I have to watch for.

Deac
01-17-2003, 01:49 PM
*Orthos sees the whiteness fading Orthos does not see anyone else, but senses . As this happens, a book lands at his feet, and a familiar voice speaks*

Deac: Page 253, Orthos. And when you find what you seek, use it wisely. Use it for good.

*Orthos opens the book*

Relethar....god of Vengeance. Brother of Lokpihet, God of Hatred (Lokpihet Darkstar's namesake.)

Guy? Where are we? I...see only whiteness. Is there a door?

Kuuki
01-17-2003, 02:05 PM
*Spectar sees the world around him morph as he slips back into the spectural realm...*

Specture: "Bah! Foolish Aeges, I vow I will have my time."

*cough*good time for soemthing to do with srynl now, deac*cough* :D

Deac
01-18-2003, 02:06 PM
*Coruscant. The battle rages ever on, as losses mount on both sides, the planetry shield still prevents the troops from getting the starship support they need. Syrnl barks orders everywhere,until-*

Comm: Sir! The shield is down...wait...Lokpihet on the comm...

Lokpihet: Well, Syrnl, you're back. Get back to your own universe. Be a good dad.

Syrnl: The only reason you are my son is because 50% of our DNA chain is identical. Keep firing.

Lokpihet: I think not. You see, my Reavers are packed with explosives and on a collision course with your Flagship!

Redwing
01-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Main Group

Guy: Yes, there's a door...but I'm not sure you can use it until you can see it. Hey, that book...do you think it contains anything that can help you?

*realizes something* Heimdall! Put the room's crystal back together! It might be necessary to let them emerge from the dream!

----------

Aidan

*Aidan stares around the room*

No...no...no...

*All around the room, he could see the friends from his memories. Except they weren't standing, or talking, or even moving now.

They were lying where they had fallen. Dead.

Aidan looks at his hands, still sparking*

No....

----------

Misae

*Luke looks startled and disappointed*

Misae: Surprised? You shouldn't be. All you Jedi have done is abandon me. Or die. And now, you want me to join you? I don't think so. Even if it's only in a dream.

*Quhn's voice comes from behind her* What about the darkness, Misae?

----------

Raschel

*Raschel stares. She can see Orthos...faded, unmoving, but there*

Orthos? Orthos...Is that you? Orthos?

----------

Dimensional Plane

*As the Spectar slips away, something catches hold of him before he dissolves in his own realm*

Voice: Leaving, so soon? Pity...I was so hoping to speak with you...

*The Spectar sees a man similar-looking to T, but with light purple hair, blue eyes and a devious smile*

Man: I was thinking we could...assist each other. *grins*

----------

Coruscant, Ground Side

Officer: Shield down! I repeat, planetary shield has been breached!

Officer 2: Where are our starships!?!

Officer 3: *looking at a viewscreen* Wait! Is that...Lokiphet!?

Admiral
01-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Heimdall: With what? Besides the important part is intact.

*places roughly half of the crystal back into the machine. He looks around and sees diagnotic buttons. All of which were reading perfectly. He then removes the crystal again, yet the indicators remained showing that the system was working fine*

This is why the crystal was so easily broken, it is a fake. The real one is barried deep inside the room. I doubt that we could reach it.

Redwing
01-18-2003, 02:58 PM
Guy: Blast. The book, then?

----------

*Raschel reaches out towards Orthos, and the room around her begins to fade*

Kuuki
01-18-2003, 10:03 PM
WH Irvine: "Reavers!? Damnit!" *turns to gun controls* "Aren't guys smart enough to start shooting those things?!"

*Stormtroopers bring RH Irvine into the control room, puzzled at the two nearly identical people...*

RH Irvine to himself: "So this is what he ment... But why, and when did this person come from, and why did they pick me?"

*WH Irvine notices his counterpart...*

WH Irvine: "Your the one in the fighter... Too bad we can't talk right now, we are about to be blown up..."

Deac
01-19-2003, 10:34 AM
*Syrnl stares at the oncoming war machines*

Syrnl: No. They're tracking ME. Farewell.

*Syrnl runs toward the hangar bay*

-----------------------

*Orthos flips through the pages*

Let me see...I'm not sure if...

Kuuki
01-19-2003, 12:21 PM
*Both Irvines follow*

RH Irvine: "To think he'd at least order a abandon ship..."

WH Irvine: "Well at least he's an interesting fellow..."

RH Irvine: "Tell me about it... He launches an attack and he might lose his flag ship that he's currently on..."

WH Irvine: "I don't care who yu think you are, this isn't the time to critise..."

RH Irvine: "What ever, keep running..."

--------

Voice: "Leaving, so soon? Pity...I was so hoping to speak with you..."

*The Spectar sees a man similar-looking to T, but with light purple hair, blue eyes and a devious smile*

Man: "I was thinking we could...assist each other." *grins*

Spectar: "Or else your going to banish me completely. Aside from that, I don't believe I've told you or anyone for that matter what I want... How ever, I might be willing to debate, what ever or not if you can do what I want, although there must be something I can do that you cannot... So speak have you!"

Redwing
01-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Raschel

*Raschel begins to lose awareness of her surroundings as Orthos comes into focus. She touches him, and suddenly her memories disappear. She is left looking at the whiteness surrounding Orthos*

What does this mean?

*Raschel hears a voice, like an echo*

"Getting your attention, Mortal? Good. Now, I hate to interupt your little crusade, but soon you're going to go through a change and you're gonna need to make some friends among us. My name is Relethar. This power you have, you could use it...for yourself. Think about it."

*Raschel shudders involuntarily. Then another voice comes*

"Relethar....god of Vengeance. Brother of Lokpihet, God of Hatred."

Vengeance. Something I held on to for so long...something I might be still holding if it wasn't for Orthos. I couldn't really keep hating his father while Orthos loved him...maybe that's why seeing him now erased that horrid place?

But why is he still here?

*Suddenly an idea comes to her*

Raschel: Orthos, listen to me. This whiteness...you can't see your world because of that vengeance god Relethar. You're still seeing on it's level, that of evil, and since that's conflicting with the good inside you you can't see a thing. But Orthos, when all is said and done, you are Orthos, simply Orthos, with or without an Avatar, good or evil. You don't need to see with the eyes of gods to really see, Orthos...so open yours...

----------

Aidan

*Aidan looks at his hands, still sparking. He can see splashes of red on them...blood-red...*

*Aidan screams* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*The room distorts and swirls, and then rips open and folds away, leaving Aidan standing in the middle of the room with the others, staring at his hands, which still appear, to him, to have the phantoms of the bloodstains on them*

----------

Misae

*As Quhn's voice speaks, from the darkness Misae can see a form emerge. A man in a black, flowing cloak and masked, shadowed face.

The figure extends its hand and ignites a blood-red lightsaber.

Misae ignites her own bright teal blade. Both swing at the same time*

Deac
01-20-2003, 01:41 PM
*The book slams shut. Orthos blinks and sees that the door was already open*

Orthos: This way.........

-----------------------

*Syrnl enters a TIE advanced and flys it out of the hangar*

Lokpihet (Over Comm): Coward, father. Trying to run and leave your crew to die?

*Syrnl turns the ship to full engines and turns toward the Imperial Palace on the surface*

Syrnl: No. I'm paying you a visit, son.

Admiral
01-20-2003, 02:39 PM
Heimdall: Wait, Misea is still trapped. And we will not leave anyone behind.

Kuuki
01-20-2003, 08:27 PM
*the two Irvine's get into the fighter that RH Irvine came in on.*

RH Irvine: "Guess i'm lucky this is a two seater..."

WH Irvine: "Well thats good... Just as long as we won't follow exactly what Syrnl is doing..."

RH Irvine: "I was told of a thrid person I should see... I wonder if its this Lokpehit..."

*The Fighter guns out of the hangers and follows right side of Syrnl*

WH Irvine over comm to Syrnl: "I know this is something you want to take care of yourself, but I fought this guy before. I believe another round would do it..."

Redwing
01-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Group

Guy: What is she doing? *Misae's figure is apparently engaged in combat*

Raschel: It looks like she's...lightsaber fighting. I remember seeing an holo of a Jedi training, and she looks just like that.

----------

Misae

*Misae and the figure duel furiously. Neither gains the upper hand until the figure lashes out with Sith lightning, knocking Misae down*

Misae: Who are you?

*The figure does not answer. It raises its hand again and more lightning flies. Misae screams in pain. The figure stops again, leaving Misae gasping*

Misae: Why...

*The figure lashes out again. This time, Misae rolls, avoiding the lightning at the last second. Rage flows through her*

Misae: I'll KILL you!

*Misae picks up her lightsaber again, blocking the figure's next strike of lightning. She rushes at the figure with blinding speed, dark rage speeding her movements. Before the figure can raise its lightsaber, Misae slices off its hand. Without stopping, she removes its head.

The cloak falls. Misae can see that the figure, contrary to what she had assumed before, was female, not male.

As the head tumbles to the ground, its mask splits and falls off. Misae is suddenly filled with foreboding. She walks unwillingly closer to look at the face.

She sees herself.

As she stares, the face splits open, and the tear extends into the fabric of her vision. It rips open and away as it did for Aidan, revealing the room with the rest of the group behind it*

Guy: She's out.

Kuuki
01-21-2003, 11:25 AM
yeah, whatever Luke Skywalker... :rolleyes: :D

Deac
01-21-2003, 01:42 PM
*Syrnl lands his fighter on the landing bay of the Imperial palace. Lokpihet runs out to meet him, saber drawn. Syrnl ignites his. The reavers rocket toward them, gaining ever closer*

Syrnl: Farewell son.

*Boom*

------------------------------------

*Orthos feels a wave wash over him, then looks at the door*

Orthos: Farewell, father. ...
Let's move on...

Admiral
01-21-2003, 03:18 PM
*Heimdall looks into the room and sees two objects sitting on a pedestool. It look far to easy.*

Heimdall: Wait, something doesn't seem right. I see something that looks like your key holder, and a folded piece of paper.

*He picks up a piece of the shatter crystal and throws it through the door. It had barely crossed the threshold before it was vaporized.*

Heimdall: I thought so. Before we enter we need to figure out a way to disable the trap, unless you rather die.

BattleDog
01-21-2003, 06:15 PM
*The IndependanceII drops out of Hyperspace, into the Correscant System.*

*Over Comm.*

Sophae: Attention Phienix, we're here to help, please advise.

Deac
01-22-2003, 01:35 PM
*Molar Ganis, Syrnl's first officer, answers the comm*

Ganis: This is Pheonix. We're beginning bombardment. The Reavers and the Imperial palace are gone. Lokpihet Darkstar is out. Unfortunatley, Syrnl has fallen...

---------------------------

Orthos: Any ideas?

Admiral
01-22-2003, 02:45 PM
Idun: Well it depends upon what type of weapon it is and how it's powered.

*Meanwhile Heimdall throws two more crystals each at the very corner of the door, both are vaporized.*

Heimdall: Well it obviously is has movement sensors.

Redwing
01-22-2003, 10:27 PM
Raschel: *to Orthos* ...Father? Syrnl? What happened?

Marin: *to Heimdall* Could be, unless it's just an energy field filling the room.

Guy: *takes a device from his belt* This scanner can sense and identify different energy signatures. Maybe it'll give us some idea as to how it's powered.

*The scanner hums for a moment*

Guy: That's strange. This scanner shows magic energy - and Force energy - all around us. That's something I've never seen before in this dimension...in fact I wouldn't have thought it possible...

Aidan: Who cares? Does your scanner show you anything helpful?

Guy: Maybe. *motions to the strange machinery lining pieces of the wall of the room they stand in* The scanners show ley lines - magic power lines - leading to the several of those...devices. We may be able to disable the trap from those.

Deac
01-23-2003, 01:29 PM
*Orthos moves away to Raschel*

Syrnl's...dead. I don't know how...but I don't seem to be able to feel Lokpihet or Reletha either. It looks like there will be no more Darkstars...

Kuuki
01-23-2003, 04:48 PM
Another day, another post to edit...

*The two Irvine's land and get out. they were about around 500 yards away from the running syrnl.*

RH Irvine: "Let's go..."

*WH Irvine nods.*

*After a hundred or so paces after passing a few blast doors, RH Irvine notices the Syrnl has sped up to about 600 yards away, and already been engaged in a lightsaber duel with Lokpehit, both doing so in force speed. The explosion occurs, and a hunk of metal, large enough to be used as blast shields, Flies at the two. WH Irvine increases his strength to weither most of the impact, but not enough to hit them both. The Irvine's fly back and get knocked out by the blast. Neither of them have any serious injuries, other then a few bones broken and a concussion or two...*

Redwing
01-24-2003, 04:05 AM
((OOS: Ummm, Scar, that explosion was designed to take out an advanced Imperial Star Destroyer :D and the Reavers are as tall as buildings. If the Irvines were where you described them they are both certainly dead ;)

Deac, remember Reletha needs to be alive because of Cantina 7 and the fact that she needs to train Ken'atra :D))

Raschel: Orthos...I'm sorry. But well...you thought he died once before...didn't you? Maybe...

Marin: May? How? Do any of us know how to use anything like those? ...No?

Guy: I've seen relics that looked a little like those...but no, I don't know how they work.

Aidan: *claws his hand* Why don't I just demolish them...

Marin: Wait. Maybe we don't have to. I have alot of morphs acquired...maybe one of them can get around that trap.

Aidan: *disbelieving* And you're perfectly fine with using yourself as a guinea pig?

*Misae reignites the lightsaber in her hand*

Deac
01-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Orthos: He came back because he was allowed to. He wanted a second chance so badly the powers that be let him have it. He won't be coming back.

Kuuki
01-24-2003, 04:58 PM
*the explosion left ntohing more but a large crater... Stromtroopers shift through the edges of the rubble, looking for anyone whom survived...*

Stormtrooper: "Why did this happen?"

*The Stormtrooper walks some more, then sees a hand on an edge of a large retangular piece of metal. If the large hunk of flat metal wasn't stopped by other pieces of rubble and metal, it would have crushed the metal's occupents...*

Stormtrooper: "We need a medic over here!"

Deac
01-25-2003, 01:00 PM
*Molar sits himself in Syrnl's chair*

Molar: Syrnl ordered me to play some music this battle...

*Molar keys in a sequence and music plays over the comm. It is music from the Alternate Universe, entitled "Victory of the Fallen"*

Recording: This is Lord Syrnl. If you hear this, then I have perished in battle. Do not be afraid, I have had my second chance and hope that I have redeemed myself. I urge you, never stop fighting, until the last enemy has fallen. Fear not for those who are gone, but stive on, until the end, when we shall all be free!

Kuuki
01-25-2003, 02:20 PM
*Both Irvines are put into Bacta tanks, in a secure location on Couresant.*

*A Doctor runs in from a DNA scanning room.*

Medical Doctor: "Geez, these test results on their blood."

2nd Doctor: "What is it."

Medical Doctor: "Both are conclusive, They are like twins but not..."

2nd Doctor: "Wow. Did ya figure out who they are?"

Medical Doctor: "No, not yet. We have the data to find who ever these two are, someone just kept em a secret, maybe for a long time..."

2nd Doctor: "Well, I have found something with the one you say is younger, the one with the White hair, It seems that he once had a quite vatial virus at one time, thats why he has that white hair. But I took a little more research on that, and it seems that only clones had been able to been able to survive that kind of virus..."

Medical Doctor: "Well I did too find some ilregularities caused by cloning, but the age difference between these two. One's hardly older then the other..."

2nd Doctor: "Well somebody wanted twins..."

Redwing
01-25-2003, 10:56 PM
Raschel: Yes...you said he was in another universe in fact...did he ever tell you how he got back here?

*Another universe. For some reason that made something click in Raschel's mind, although she couldn't tell what it was*

Marin: Magic, you said...

Guy: Yes. Those ley lines, also...there's something strange about them. They aren't very powerful, but they have a very strong energy output. Usually this would be the reverse because anyone with a magic talent would be able to sense them...

Aidan: ...He's right. Even I can sense them, now that I'm thinking about them...

Marin: Maybe we aren't the only one to ever have come to this dimension from ours. Maybe the person or persons who built this trap had this in mind...

Aidan: *stops* What do you mean?

Marin: That's it. I don't know why I didn't think of it before! It all makes sense.

Aidan: What makes sense? I don't see any sense making here.

Marin: The story of the Time Matrix existing in both our dimensions. The Norns recognizing Guy. The magic here. All of it. We aren't the first...whoever built these traps must have had at least some people from our dimension...

Guy: You think those ley lines were designed to be detected by someone who had magical ability?

Marin: Could be. If I'm right, if we just cut them, the power should go out.

Aidan: How do you cut a ley line?

Guy: You need special tools that I don't have here. Or you could overload them...

*Aidan puts his hands on the wall* Like this? *His hands flash with energy. The wall cracks*

Marin: Careful! You're going to take the place down. Guy, can I have that? *takes the scanner and walks over to Aidan* Focus it here...*to Misae* Why do you have your lightsword on?

Misae: I sense something...

Admiral
01-25-2003, 11:27 PM
*Heimdall and Idun are off to the side*

Heimdall: It does take them sometime to figure things out.

Idun: Yes but it is necessary. what did you see in the room?

Heimdall: What looks like another key, and a piece of paper. Couldn't see what is on the paper, however I'm hoping that it contains instructions.

Deac
01-27-2003, 01:42 PM
Orthos: I feel something too. Something bad....

---------------------------------

*Coruscant. A soldier raises the New Republic flag above the ruins of the Imperial Palace. Survivors cheer.*

Kuuki
01-27-2003, 03:36 PM
Medical Doctor: "Still no word on their identities..."

*a group of people in robes marches in.*

*A man in robes, approches the doctors...*

Man in robes waves hand: "We are in charge here now... You will forget any information about these two..."

*as the doctors "agree" the others open the tanks. pull out the two Irvine's, and take them away, still unconsious...*

Admiral
01-28-2003, 01:40 PM
Heimdall: Is the power running to the machine cut off?

Redwing
01-29-2003, 12:59 AM
*Aidan stops the stream of energy from his hand to the wall* Unless you're going to get over here and help, why don't you shut up and let me concentrate?

*Marin looks surprised, then concerned* What's the matter, Aidan?

Aidan: Nothing. *sends another bolt of energy into the wall* Are they cut yet?

*Marin scans the wall with the detector* Yes. They're cut.

Admiral
01-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Heimdall: Then lets see if that is all we have to do.

*He takes another piece of the crystal and tosses it. this time it lands safly on the cieling*

Heimdall: How cute, they reversed gravity in that room. otherwise it looks safe to enter.

Kuuki
01-29-2003, 01:02 PM
*Growing impatant*

Spectar: "Well?"

Deac
01-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Orthos: This may be fun...

*Orthos runs in, to find himself hitting the ceiling*

Ouch....

Admiral
01-29-2003, 02:23 PM
*Heimdall smiles as he watches Orthos hit the cieling. He walks towards the door, Entering the threshold he places his hands on the doorframe. He lifts himself up with his legs entering the new room. Letting go of the doorframe he lands on the cieling feet first. He then walks over to where the crystal landed and picked it up.*

Heimdall: I still think there is something more to this room.

*He looks around the room, and gets his first good look. On the walls were spikes spaced a good deal apart. On impulse Heimdall throws the crystal shard at one of the spikes. Instead of hitting the cieling the shard slams into the wall, near the spike with enough force to shatter it.*

Heimdall: Figures, if your not careful you can find your self impalled by one of the spikes. Someone really had fun with the gravity in this room. I wonder how many other areas have gravity being in different dirrections.

Redwing
01-29-2003, 10:46 PM
((OOS: We're pretending their conversation happened offscreen, Scar :D ;)))

*Misae still doesn't enter the room* Something is coming.

Marin: Coming? What's coming?

*The rooms' floor begins to vibrate, then shake*

Misae: *holding up her lightsaber* It's here.

Deac
01-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Orthos: I can feel something...familiar....something very evil.... I hope it's not Fenrir...

*Extends Starkiller Sword*

Admiral
01-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Heimdall: You said it felt familar then it can't be Fenrir since you have never been exposed to his presance.

*Heimdall walks toward the center of the room, using his sword as a way to measure gravity he avoids any changes (This is done by extending the blade and holding it lightly, if in rest it points to the ceiling then it is safe if it points elsewhere heimdall avoids the area). He reaches the centers and grabs the two items, and stuffs them into his pocket.*

Heimdall: I suggest we leave now.

*Heimdall Goes to the door and leaves the room*

Redwing
02-01-2003, 07:53 PM
*As Heimdall reenters the room, the figure of a robed elf appears in the center of the room, addressing the group*

Elf: *voice mysteriously amplified* The third and final part of this challenge begins now. You will face the beast Caloslocke. Forged on Mrear by the gods of darkness long ago, Caloslocke is a living machine and was created purely for destruction and terror. There is only one way to destroy this beast. When you do so, you will be allowed to leave. If you fail, your bodies shall rot here throughout all eternity.

*The image disappears. The room's floor begins to crack. The walls begin to crumble*

Admiral
02-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Heimdall: Finally we get to have some fun.

*He and Idun prepare themselves for battle*

Deac
02-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Caloslocke. Forged by the dark pantheon of Mrear with the intention of general destruction....

*The monster enters. It has a head of a dragon, with two large batlike wings, a scorpion's tail, claws of a monster and a torso made of iron.

Orthos charges toward it...*

Redwing
02-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Aidan: What the...hell is that?

*The beast crawls over the the crumbling walls. Beyond them, an infinite plane of blackness is seen. The only walls still standing were the portions around the entry door, and inside the altered-gravity room.

The beast has a dragonlike head, two large batlike wings, a scorpion tail, five sets of legs with deadly claws on their ends. The very middle section of its body had a segment made from what appeared to be iron*

Aidan: Dragon-scorpion-centipede?

Marin: "Only one way to destroy it", that elf said...and I'm betting it's inside that metal part.

Aidan: Let's see if it survives being ripped apart.

*Aidan roars and jumps on the highest crumbling section of wall. He leaps from that into the air, opening his wings. He sends twin blasts of lightning-like energy at the creature from his hands. The creature rears up and knocks him from the sky.

Misae swings her lightsaber and rushes in at the monster. Guy pulls two blaster like weapons from his belt and starts firing*

Kuuki
02-02-2003, 07:56 PM
*The two Irvine's are taken to a freighter, WH Irvine now placed in one of another set of Bacta tanks. RH Irvine is proped agenst a wall. A man in robes stands in the dark...*

Man in robes: *To another man in room* "Wake him..."

*The other man walks to RH Irvine, and places a small vile of a small chemical under RH Irvine's nose. RH Irvine quickly awakens...*

RH Irvine: "Urgh..."

Man in robes: "I'd advise you not to attempt to stand, that explosion did put an number on you..."

RH Irvine: "I take this isn't a socal call... I feel like I've been hit by a runaway speeder, with hyper engines. What do you people want?" *Sees WH Irvine in a bacta chamber* "I take it that, there's info you need from me now, huh?"

Man in robes: "Well seeing as your the one whom has the ID chip implant, not him...."

RH Irvine: "Very informitive..." 'still sore...'

Man in robes: "I tend to be... So what exactly WAS your mission on board Syrnl's battleship? Why did you follow him? Why was he killed..."

RH Irvine: "Well your so smart, why don't you know?"

*A thrid man strikes RH Irvine across the face, Irvine didnt sense it coming.*

Man in robes: "Well if I knew, I wouldn't ask you then..." *Nods, and Irvine gets struck again...*

RH Irvine: "Okay then..." 'insensitive pricks...' "First, personal matter, none of your business; Second, Thought I'd get some info whats going on; Third, well if it wasn't for those inco's, I'd say it was a grudge..." *Gets struck again.* "Okay, I see whats going on here, I don't answer a question, I get hit, I answer one either falsely or truthfully, I get hit... Is thats whats going on?" *Gets struck once more...* "Oh yeah, forgot, asking a question..."

Man in robes: "Thats enough..."

Deac
02-03-2003, 01:36 PM
*The monster roars in front of Orthos' face. In response, Orthos tries to plant his sword in it's upper mouth, but the blade cannot penetrate. He is then replied with fire from it's breath*

Admiral
02-04-2003, 09:29 PM
*Heimdall begins to circle the creature, He keeps the sword in a middle guard position.

Idun backs off a little, this wasn't her best element. She scans the creature, watching it's movement, studying it to see if she could spot a weakness*

Redwing
02-05-2003, 02:11 AM
*The creature knocks back Orthos with a stream of flame. It turns and hisses at Heimdall, then leaps onto a relatively high section of wall, swiftly and smoothly. It leaps into the air.

Aidan gets into the air as well and glides after it. He sends energy bolt after energy bolt after it, but they have no noticeable effect except to annoy the creature. It turns and sweeps Aidan out of the air again. Aidan hits another wall section, momentarily stunned. The creature circles and shoots a stream of fire again.

Aidan covers his body with a crackling energy field just as the fire sweeps over him. The flames stop and he lowers his arms just in time to see the creature's tail rushing at him.

The tail's spike impales Aidan through his stomach, pinning him to wall. The creature screeches as it withdraws its spike, and Aidan falls to the ground.

Raschel empties her entire blaster clip at the creature. It has no effect, even in getting the creature's attention. Misae's lightsaber does attract the creature, however, which bites it right out of her hand and heaves it spinning across the floor, still ignited.

Marin completes her morph into a large, shimmering blue wolflike creature. She calls out in thought speech* <Guys, I can see some kind of glowy thing in the iron part in its...third set of hips. I think it's a power source of some kind.>

Admiral
02-05-2003, 11:10 AM
*Heimdall sees the glowing thing seconds after Marin mentions it. Picking up his dagger he throws it with all his might at the section. It barely penetrates, it did widden the area so Heimdall could get a better look at the glowing thing.

Idun moves towards Aidan. Seeing if it were possible to help him*

Deac
02-05-2003, 01:48 PM
*Orthos lunges for the spot. By doing so, the creature seems to slow down and get even more angry. It knocks Orthos aside once again*

Admiral
02-05-2003, 04:19 PM
*Heimdall Steps in front of Orthos, protecting him and allowing him to get up*

Heimdall: I'll try to distract it, you go for that spot.

Kuuki
02-05-2003, 05:08 PM
*WH Irvine was awake during the whole thing... He was still in far too much pain to even do anything...*

RH Irvine: "So are you going to let us two heal, maybe we could be done with some peace..."

Redwing
02-05-2003, 08:52 PM
((OOS: I'll assume Heimdall saw the "glowing thing" through a reflection through a chink in the creature's armor, because Marin's morph is what let her see it (it has a sort of x-ray vision that way...should have mentioned it in the first place ^^;; )))

*The creature takes to the air again. It scatters Heimdall and Orthos with another blast of fire*

Guy: *firing at the creature* We can't hit that if it doesn't hold still!

Marin: <Your belt. Is that a concussion bomb?>

Guy: *somewhat taken aback* Yes, it is...

Marin: <If we can lure the creature to the entrance of the room where Heimdall took the crystals, we can use that to knock it into one of the gravity traps. If it...>

Guy: And if it impales itself on one of the spikes, it will give us a window of at least a few seconds in which to try and deactivate it.

*Guy puts down his blaster, and takes out the concussion bomb*

Deac
02-06-2003, 02:26 PM
*Orthos runs his finger along the end of his sword, making a small cut. He holds the finger near the creature, which roars and begins to chase him*

Yeah! Come toward me!

*Orthos moves toward the gravity trap*

Kuuki
02-06-2003, 07:23 PM
*RH Irvine, beaten and battered gets put back into his own tank. while WH Irvine gets released from his...*

WH Irvine: "Okay, what the hell do you want from me??"

Man in robes: "Name. Rank. Designation. Anything else."

WH Irvine: "Simple enough. Irvine Cracken Palpatine. Captain. Unassigned, currently."

Man in robes: "Captian. Have you any clue whom that person is in that tank?"

WH Irvine: "A hell of a look alike..."

Man in Robes: "No, HE is Irvine Cracken Palpatine. He's rank is Commander. His designation is classified. YOUR his clone."

WH Irvine: "WHAT!?"

Man in robes: "Yes, you were his replacement, when he "supposedly" died when he was no more then three. You were cloned from his DNA. Recorded were altered to show that the true Irvine was born three years prior to his actual birth. As you can see, the man whom you replaced, is alive and up til a while ago, well..."

WH Irvine: "No..."

Redwing
02-07-2003, 02:19 AM
*The creature roars at Orthos and shoots flame at him again. It flies around him and lands again, lashing out with its tail...only to be find it landing inside the gravity room, falling upwards towards the ceiling. Confused, it rights itself and hisses at the group*

Marin: Now!

*Guy tosses the circular concussion bomb* Get clear!

*The bomb bounces once, then at the top of its second arc freezes for an instant as it crosses the gravity line. It shatters like glass in midair at the same moment.

An enormous wave of energy billows out of the shattering sphere. The group get back to avoid it, but the wave catches the creature off balance. It flies backwards, and suddenly finds itself caught in yet another altered gravitational pull as it gets too close to the walls. It is pulled rapidly backwards and impaled on several very large spikes.

The creature screeches, not in pain but in annoyance. It squirms to get free*

Marin: <It's vulnerable!> *begins to demorph into her normal form* <Go! I'll morph something to pull you back!>

Deac
02-07-2003, 01:36 PM
*Orthos stabs the Starkiller Sword thorugh the chest of the monster. It begins to slow further, and creek as metal parts rub together. Unfortunatley the sword is now stuck in the body, and Orthos is dragged about as he holds onto it....*

Admiral
02-07-2003, 02:17 PM
*Taking note of what Orthos has done Heimdall runs his swords through the creatures chest, near wear Orthos blade was now stuck.

The Creature slowed further.*

Heimdall: Damn I wished I brought my rifle.
---------------------

*Idun tends to Aidan, bandaging his wound, and stablizing him (trying to that is)*

Redwing
02-07-2003, 08:40 PM
*Misae picks up her lightsaber again and Force-throws it into the monster's heart, piercing the glowing object inside it. The monster stiffens and creaks*

Deac
02-08-2003, 03:26 PM
*Orthos shifts the position of the Sword. The creature roars louder, splutters and stops moving. He takes the sword out and walks away, only for it to lunge at him again*

Damn! It played dead!

Admiral
02-08-2003, 04:18 PM
((Scar: Your new character if shooting at the creature correct? Well then that isn't possible. Mainly because the area is sealed prevanting anyone from entering or exiting.))

Redwing
02-08-2003, 07:35 PM
((? ...er...I guess Scar deleted his post :p))

*Misae sees her lightsaber is still embedded in the glowing device, and reaches out with the Force to shove it further in. The monster slows, causing it to just miss biting Orthos in half.

Marin finishes morphing back to her normal form and begins to shapeshift again*

Kuuki
02-09-2003, 09:47 PM
((booyah! :D))

WH Irvine: "So, what are you going to do with me." *smiles* "Chops me up and use me for Gnort bait?"

*the large man whom was beating on RH Irvine, looks at the man in robes, whom nods shortly after.*

*The large man goes to swing at WH Irvine, and WH Irvine blocks it...*

WH Irvine: "Ooops. You shouldn't have kept me in there as long..."

*WH Irvine preforms a prefect kick flip from his previos kneeling position. This causes a surprise in not only by the large man, whom is quite shaken on the other side of the room, but the man in robes is also too.*

WH Irvine: *landing on feet* "I don't need to start swinging more. But now I will ask questions... First who are you people. second,why have you taken us two reguardless to tell me the wonderful news. third, whats the meaning of this interrigation?" 'okay, Im just going to bluff more, it worked before on that station... still sore...'

Redwing
02-10-2003, 03:33 AM
((You're only making yourself look stupid(er - j/k :D :p) :rolleyes:

btw: Deac, Orthos as well as Heimdall and Misae are currently in sideways gravity along with the beast ;)))

*Marin finishes shapeshifting. She is now a deep black, strange creature resembling an enormous, stretched-out ape with a squished white face...with very long arms*

Marin: <Will somebody kill that thing already?!>

*She glances over at Aidan, who is unconscious.

Guy fires his blasters at the glowing object*

Guy: Trying! Energy bolts don't seem to have an effect on its power source.

Deac
02-10-2003, 02:00 PM
*Orthos leaps onto it's back. It tries to throw him off, but Orthos clings on. Then he feels his eyes closing, himself becoming not quite so conscious, as when he dreampt of the bleeding insignia, and when Lokpihet attacked. He feels his blade moving almost on it's own, slicing its way through the beast's neck*

Redwing
02-10-2003, 09:55 PM
*Orthos' blade slows and stops, some invisible force obstructing its pathway.

Misae rips her lightsaber out of the beast's heart with the Force*

Misae: DIE!!

*Misae feels a surge of dark energy flow through her as her anger gets the better of her. She telekinetically plunges the lightsaber back into the beast's glowing heart again. The crystal explodes in light.

Orthos' sword suddenly slices through*

Admiral
02-11-2003, 08:23 PM
*In it's death throws the creatures tail comes directly at Heimdall. Who had just freed his sword. In a smooth stroke he cleaves the tail and it falls to the cieling. Poision oozes from it. The Creature now lay motionless dead. He picks up his dagger wipping the blood off the blood he sheaths it. Heimdall exits the room, passing Misea*

Heimdall: You are dangerously close to the Dark side, be very careful.

*Without another word he passes her and sheaths his sword and goes over to Idun, bends down and looks at Aidan*

Heimdall: How is he?

Idun: I'm not sure, I need to get him to the Asgardreid.

Heimdall: Well the creature is dead let's see if we can leave.

*He goes to the door and with a small effort it opens.*

Heimdall: I'm taking Aidan to the ship, I believe we have what we came for as well.

*He picks up Aidan, and he and Idun leave the area heading back to the Asgardried. They don't wait for the others, reaching the portal the pass through and are once again transported to the station. From there they head to the ship*

Redwing
02-12-2003, 04:33 AM
*Marin pulls the others up and demorphs. The group carefully steps over the fallen pieces of wall and ceiling on their way out*

Guy: *to Heimdall* I don't think you can cure that wound...that poison looked, uh, how to put this. Enchanted.

Marin: I don't think the wound's fatal.

Guy: If it's poison it well could be.

Raschel: *to Orthos* Here's hoping that we're done with this part of the whole "quest" thing.

Guy: *overhearing her* But not with the quest. Remember? Ten keys, seven gates, fire, eye and ice. We're on key two, looking for gate two.

Raschel: *stops* You mean we're going to have to deal with nine more freaky temples and stuff just as bad as that before we can get ahold of the stupid Time Matrix?

Guy: Actually, considering this was the first stage of the *makes "quotes" with his fingers* 'quest' - that was probably the easiest part.

Raschel: Oh...no.

Guy: *to Heimdall* Speaking of which, that map? Where does it say to go? Oh, by the way, about the kid gargoyle, I think I can help.

Kuuki
02-12-2003, 08:47 AM
((Red, your such a bitch for copying my copy like that ^_^ :P :D))

Man in Robes: "Very well then. My first answer would be that we are the very same people that trained your 'brother', lets just call him that for now..."

WH Irvine: "Alright..."

Man in robes: "Secondly, seeing is that he's one of the last of our operitives, I had to make sure that he wouldn't die by imperial hands. Lastly We have to make sure we could trust you with our secrets, and see if you might join us..."

WH Irvine: "That says alot. But why have you gone to harm him?" *shook head in direction of RH Irvine*

Man in Robes: "We try to keep our operitives in a sort of training mode. just incase one can't do what he's trained to do, he's no longer of to any use to us... I trust you might need to continue to be in that bacta tank?"

WH Irvine: "I can manage."

Man in Robes: "You sure? Last time we saw you injured you were barely carring your weight around."

WH Irvine: "What? How? When?"

Man in robes: "Oh, on that space station, it may look to be not ours, but we actually control that station sense the holocaust. execpt all the people operating it, don't know we own it. It's rather Ironic..."

WH Irvine: "I take it you rather not prefer being in the spotlight then, huh? So where are we..."

Man in Robes: "Still on Coresant... And we are going to be for a while..."

WH Irvine: "Good enough for me."

*WH Irvine goes back into the bacta and finishes his treatments*

Admiral
02-12-2003, 10:45 AM
*Just before Heimdall enters the portal*

Heimdall: I haven't looked closely but I did see a path leading away from the station. There was also a very small inscription under it. The Jist is that we are done here. We can discuss it on the ship

*He enters the portal*

Deac
02-12-2003, 01:45 PM
*Orthos turns to Raschel, feeling weaker*

Raschel...I understand something...this sword *He holds up the Starkiller sword,which has the creature's blood stained into the word "Starkiller" on the hilt* was originally made for killing that monster... this is strange. And nine more to go. Fun.

Redwing
02-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Raschel: *to Orthos* Are you feeling okay? ...You don't look so good.

Guy: *to Heimdall, walking through the portal* Well, as I was saying. I have access to some really cream-of-the-crop technology, including medical supplies. If that's enchanted poison, then I can possibly help him better than you can.

Admiral
02-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Heimdall: Really now, and how do you have acess to such supplies and technology? Finally and most importantly do you have them on hand and if you don't how soon can you get them?

*Heimdall approaches the Hanger*

Redwing
02-13-2003, 03:30 AM
Guy: I'm a Shadow, Heimdall. As such I have certain...ties that I can exploit for times like this. I know a place. How soon? If we use my ship, then pretty fast. If you want to use that thing - *comes to a stop seeing the Asgardried* I, uhh, have absolutely no idea.

Admiral
02-14-2003, 10:26 AM
*Reaching the Asgardried*

Heimdall: If the quest is delayed then we risk disaster. So you will take Aidan in your ship and get him the appropiate medical attention.

*Pulling out the map he lays it against the hull of the Asgardried*

Meet us here. *Looking at the map Heimdall traces a path leading from the station, to Coruscant. He then gives Guy the coordinates. Opening a concealed hatch, Heimdall press a button opening the Asgarieds bay doors revealing Guy's ship*

Go as quickly as you can.

Deac
02-14-2003, 01:50 PM
Orthos: I feel...weaker...like the power is diminishing... and yet something else is growing in it's place...

We should get moving...

Redwing
02-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Guy: *hands Heimdall a communicator* Keep this on. If we're going to be going through with this quest thing, we should all make sure to keep in contact at all times. *smiles* Besides, you never know when you might need a lifeline.

*walks into the Asgardried's hangar bay, then stops and turns around* By the way, the place I'm going is sort of a stockpile spot used by my people. It's got a vertiable horde of all kinds of things we might need; food, supplies, transports, weapons...and medical of course. If you need something special I can bring it.

*Guy puts Aidan into his ship as the others catch up*

Marin: Coruscant. Back to where it all began, huh? *to Guy* I trust you know you what you're doing with him, right?

Guy: Don't worry. I may be a Shadow, but I'm not that much of a bastard. This thing is bigger than all of us, and I realize---

*Marin looks strangely at him* You don't need the speech. Of course you aren't. *turns and walks away without giving any indication as to what she meant. Guy stares after her confused*

Raschel: *to Orthos* Growing? You don't think...you don't think a Darkstar is coming back inside you, do you?

Admiral
02-16-2003, 01:57 AM
Heimdall: Bring back medical supplies especially those that can cure magic wounds. If possible, get some more weapons, those dark grey suits you shadows seem so fond of wearing, and anything else you think we may need.

Redwing
02-16-2003, 02:22 AM
Guy: You've had experience with us before I take it? Well, no dice on the full suits, you need alot of training to wear those. Heck, even to move in them. But I can get you the next best things. *Aidan groans* Okay, tell me over this thing. I'd better go.

*Guy gets in his ship* Everyone get clear. Going to go warp and if anyone is in twenty feet, they'll regret it.

Deac
02-16-2003, 10:34 AM
*Orthos looks at the ground and thinks*

I think...I think something entirely new is growing in it's place...something stronger...almost as if...Alminstar's coming back...

Admiral
02-16-2003, 10:15 PM
*Everyone backs away allowing Guy to leave.*

Heimdall: As soon as Guy goes, we are leaving.

*A tone sounds followed by a voice*

Voice: Station will self destruct in 10 minutes.

*Heimdall shakes his head*

Heimdall *muttering*: Why can't anything be easy.

Redwing
02-17-2003, 01:38 AM
*Guy's ship swivels and points towards the hangar opening. The engines glow, and his ship shoots forward, distorts, and vanishes*

Marin: *to Heimdall* Does it give any hint as to what we need to do on Coruscant?

Misae: Can we leave now?

Raschel: Alminstar? But...wasn't he the power who made the Starkiller?

Deac
02-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Orthos: Yes...almost as if...the Darkstar is...dying. That's it! I was never meant to fight that monster, and so as the power faded, the Darkstar...is dying. Whoa.

Admiral
02-17-2003, 07:21 PM
*Seeing that it is safe to board*

Heimdall: I'm not sure. I only glanced at the map, and haven't even looked at the other thing. Once we are away we can look them over for clues.

Come on let's get aboard the ship

*Heimdall and Idun board the Asgardried.*

Redwing
02-18-2003, 03:39 AM
Marin: Alright.

Raschel: Maybe you were meant to fight it. I mean, you rejected the Darkstar once. I don't think they'd just give it back to you after all that for no reason. Maybe the "higher powers" that started all this mess are trying to use you to fix it.

----------

*Somewhere on a small planet deep in the unknown regions*

Figure One: Did you feel that?

Figure Two: Yes. It seems the time has come.

Figure One: The Caloslocke and the Orthaeur Crystal have been destroyed. The awakening is at hand...

Kuuki
02-18-2003, 08:29 AM
Figure three: *walking in* "We must get prepared."

((sry, was getting bored. maybe next post I'll let the irvines get out of bacta, and maybe 'bump' into someone))

Admiral
02-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Heimdall: Are you coming or would you rather be destroyed along with the station?

*Entering the cockpit, Heimdall begins the prelaunch sequence*

Deac
02-18-2003, 03:00 PM
Orthos: Maybe. I don't know. I don't understand much anymore. Just got to decide what to do with the time that is given to me.

Admiral
02-18-2003, 04:36 PM
((@Deac: You really like LoTR don't you.

@who ever it concerns: This is the last boarding call for the Asgardreid. It is leaving at gate seven. Please get all characters on board))

Kuuki
02-18-2003, 06:22 PM
*Both Irvines are released out of the Bacta, via timer*

*the room is physcally empty. All that remains is a few towels along with clean clothes, and the translucent form of Master Chi.*

RH Irvine: *seeing Chi dead* "Master..."

Chi: "It was bound to happen. I'm jsut here on a last favor, to tell you that your duties with the Faction are no longer needed. Our faction only ahs a few space stations left and one sole planet, fortunately it was the most populated. The faction will come out and make a treaty with the Republic, at least whats left of it. Get on with your life, and stay out of trouble."

RH Irvine: "I... I, understand..."

WH Irvine: "Great. Deceased Jedi... Should have expected it..."

Chi: "As for you, I regret for you to know about your condition."

WH Irvine: "Well, you know, **** happens..."

Chi: *stares blankly* "Well, okay... Um, you too watch yourself. Jsut don't fall into the darkside." *looks at the slight bruse left from earilyer*

WH Irvine: "Don't worry. It's been well noted from jerks that I've met eariler in the week... Now I'm with one that look slike me." *looks over to a glaring RH Irvine*

RH Irvine: "Shaddup."

Chi: ((*with a anime sweat bead behind his head* ((:D)))) "Very well. I bid you farewell." *bows and dissapears*

WH Irvine: "What, that guy trained you?"

RH Irvine: "He's a good man."

*WH Irvine shrugs*

WH Irvine: "I've been going along pretty good doing it myself..."

RH Irvine: "Well, at least he was the only person in the universe whom coudl teach ya form VII lightsaber combat."

WH Irvine: "Form 7?"

RH Irvine: "Yeah, the last two people who have used it was Master Chi, and Mace Windu."

WH Irvine: *thinks for a sec, then remembers about Mace Windu* "Ooh... Thats a large time between two masters of that Form. Your syaing you know it?"

WH Irvine: "Not prefected. But I'm very close."

Redwing
02-18-2003, 09:19 PM
((OOS: Scar? No. No figure three. Unless you can tell me exactly who the figures are and what I'm doing with them.))

Raschel: *blankly* Sure. But what right do the Powers that Screw With You have to do any of this to you? Was there a contract somewhere that you signed? "Use me as an incubator, please?" Why do we have to do this stupid Find the Time Matrix thing anyway? If the Powers are so powerful, can't they just plop it in our laps or, I don't know, give us a simpler way to get to it? Anything but make us go on this quest?

*Raschel (and Orthos, I assume) and the remaining others board the ship*

Deac
02-19-2003, 09:06 AM
*Orthos looks sadly at Raschel*

Orthos: I don't know why-I just do it! All my life I suffered under powerful evil, and now I get a chance to get back at it. What would you do? You wanted to kill Syrnl, didn't you? Well, if you had the kind of power for good I have...you'd want to use it. And that's why I'm going after the time matrix. To stop this mess from ever happening, then I can go to some nice world and buy a farm, and live there till I die!

Kuuki
02-19-2003, 09:28 AM
((red, why can't I have a temp reactionary character? :D

Besides I have to do something while the rest of the characters finally get to Courescant.))

*A representitive to the Militarist Jedi Faction arrives at a diplomatic meeting with other diplomatic officals on Courescant*

Admiral
02-19-2003, 07:27 PM
*Before the ramp closes, as the Asgardreid lifts up on it's repulsorlifts. It then flys out of the hangar bay at full power. Sitting in the bridge, Heimdall sets course for Coruscant. Once the nav computer finished it's calculations, the Asgardreid jumped into hyperspace.

Moments later the station self destructed.

Heimdall exited the bride and went to the lounge where the others were. Taking out the map and the other object. Heimdall unfolds the map on a center table. He then looks at the second object. After studing it a bit*

Heimdall: Well we have the second key and like the first it gives us directions. Something is strange about this map though.

Redwing
02-20-2003, 03:44 AM
Raschel: *to Orthos* I didn't kill Syrnl when I could have. I made myself let go of the hate. You can do that too. You don't need power to get back at those who've hurt you. What if these Aeges are just using you? *Raschel stops and looks at Orthos* How do you know they'll just...let you go after all this?

Misae: *overhearing* You don't. You don't ask for these things Miss Raschel, they get thrust upon you. No matter how much you want to get rid of them, they never go away. You should consider yourself lucky.

*Marin picks up the key* It's like the first, besides the different shape, except the crystal is violet colored instead of clear. Does that mean anything in particular?

Misae: Anyway. What's so strange about this map?

----------

*Guy exits warp-space on a misty, shadowy planet. Aidan is still unconscious. Guy takes out a scanner and checks the area before venturing out.

He walks to a large grove of trees and recites a phrase in a strange language. The trees morph into the shape of a large building.

Guy picks up the communicator and speaks into it* I'm at the stockpile. So what's up with that map?

Deac
02-20-2003, 03:26 PM
*Orthos smiles wickedly*

Orthos: Because they don't know how this will end. That's why Relthar, Lord of Revenge, is trying to get me to use the time matrix to achieve godhood, and Furro's trying to get me to use it for good. And do you know what I'm going to do with it? I'm going to end it all, no Darkstar, no Avatars, just peace. And then they will have to let me go.

Redwing
02-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Raschel: But Orthos. What if you fail?

Admiral
02-21-2003, 11:08 AM
Heimdall: It's hard to say. The map looks more like a computer screen then anything.
------------------

*Idun smiles at what Orthos said.*

Idun *Thinking*: Perhaps they don't know what will happen. However the Norns knew, and know

Deac
02-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Orthos: If I fail, then this gets repeated. All of this will be done again, in a loop. Forever. But what would you do? Can I change anything? And will it let me? I do not know. All I know is that evil must be destroyed, and I've got a special knack for doing it.

Redwing
02-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Marin: *to Heimdall* Not really...*realizing* oh.

Misae: *to Orthos* You're being awfully optomistic. I'll bet if we fail they'll simply use someone else. Or the universe simply gets wrecked. I don't know. And I'm caring less and less. *as she turns away, she glares at Idun*

Guy: *over comm* Actually, if they want us to use the Time Matrix, then it's likely they can't just move back in time and fix things themselves. Whoever "they" are. So...I don't think we're getting more than one shot.

----------

*The door opens in front of Guy. He carries Aidan into the building*

Deac
02-22-2003, 11:52 AM
*Orthos turns to Misae*

Orthos: I'm sorry you feel that way. For many years, I myself raged against the living. It was after I had escaped from Byss. And do you know what my therapist taught me? That the distortion was in my own soul. If we fail, it's the end. Of everything. Do you want Fenrir to consume everything? Because I certainly don't, and that's why I'm here. That's why we're all here. Maybe that's why we're all alive: To oppose or join evil. I had my choice mad for me. How about you?

Admiral
02-23-2003, 02:11 AM
Idun: It is pointless to worry about the future. It has long been set. The only real unkown is how you get there.

[time line advancing in 3...2...1]

*The Asgardreid arrives at coruscant. With their arrival at Coruscant the map changes. It now shows them a portion of Coruscant.*

Redwing
02-23-2003, 02:22 AM
*Misae doesn't answer Orthos*

----------

*Unseen, Sakara and the Spectar slip into existence in the room where the two Irvines are holding a discussion*

Sakara: The one with the red hair...he's the one. I want to...ruin him. To destroy him. To utterly break him. Driving him to suicide would be nice, but I'll settle for hopelessly insane. That's where you come in.

*Sakara grins*

Kuuki
02-23-2003, 10:26 AM
RH Irvine: "I jsut don't get it. I have nothing left for me to do now,..' *Takes a sip of an alcoholic beverage* "I mean with the 'Faction' making a treaty with the Imperial Republic. I have no work."

Spectar: "Yes, An interesting character... They look like a pair of near drunks. What you ask may not be hard for me to preform,.."

WH Irvine: "I'm sure you could find something." *Takes a sip of his Raynorian alcoholic softy.*

RH Irvine: "Yeah sure, what might that be?" *Sip*

Spectar: *continueing* "...What wouldnt there be nice motivation we could add to the mix? Like what would he do when I turn him insane?"

WH Irvine: "Well, I plan on rejoining a small group that I kinda joined a few days ago." *sip*

RH Irvine: "Really?" *another sip*

*If Spectar been in a more human form, he'd had an expression of interest, along with a raise eyebrow.*

Spectar: "Sakara, may I ask if those people that the other one mentioned were the ones I saw a while ago? And you plan on me turning this 'Irvine' into something that would attempt to kill them?"

RH Irvine: "...I hope they like guests. By the way, why did you separate from them?" *finishs ale*

WH Irvine: "Well, uh, certain sircumstances had happend a while ago, and Lokpehit came, I tried to fight him along side of this 'Guy'. Well, we both lost. Some sort of Imperal craft came and started wreking the place." *Finishs drink* "It was a little hetic."

Deac
02-23-2003, 12:16 PM
*Orthos uses the sensors to scan Coruscant. He picks up a news broadcast*

News: The Imperial Remnant finally surrendered today. As the cleanup continues, the statue of Lokpihet Darkstar was torn down and one of... *he turns to the side* is this right?...It is...OK, it's your funeral... Deac Starkiller, a dead Colonel deemed a Heretic by the Imperium was placed at the palace gates. General Mako, one of the men who lead the assault,said it was their fallen leader's wish. It is now clear how Lord Syrnl and Lokpihet died in the explosion of the Reaver craft...

*Orthos turns the viewscreen off*

Orthos: He would have hated that.

Admiral
02-23-2003, 04:41 PM
*The Asgardreid enters the atmorsphere. Heimdall alone on the bridge flies the ship through the city. Over the comm*

Heimdall: I told you that map was strange. Now where is it pointing to?

*In the Lounge the map sits on the table, and next to it a holographic map of coruscant.*

Idun: Keep going south. We are going to an airfeild. It was destroyed in the recent battles. Now it is abandoned.

Heimdall: Thankyou.

*Heimdall, sets course for the field. As the Asgardreid came closer to the area, more battle damage was apparant. Some fires were still burning. In the distance was their destination. A short time later the Asgardreid sets down.

Heimdall: We arrived.

*Heimdall keeps the Asgardreid powered up ready to leave in an instance. He then leaves the bridge and locks it. Joining the others in the lounge.*

Heimdall: Everyone ready to go?

Redwing
02-23-2003, 04:57 PM
((OOS: Ummm...how on earth does Irvine expect to rejoin the group? How is he going to go about doing *that*? He must be drunker than he looks ;)))

*Sakara watches Red Irvine intensely. Then he snaps his head back in the Spectar's direction*

Sakara: He isn't powerful enough to pose a threat if simply used as a rabid dog. No, no...insanity will be much more fun. And I've got just the thing...

*Sakara waves his hand. Chi's body wavers into existence behind them*

Sakara: I need you to replace a soul.

----------

Raschel: Uh...I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Misae: Well. Back to where it all began.

Marin: Does the map give any other clues as to what we're supposed to be doing here?

----------

*Aidan wakes up with Guy standing over him and a light in his face. He instinctively covers his eyes*

Guy: You're awake.

Aidan: What happened?

Guy: You got stabbed and poisoned. I had to use a pretty strong antidote to get rid of the venom, which is why you were unconscious for so long. As for your wound, it's almost healed, so don't worry about it.

Aidan: *face still covered* I suppose you expect me to be thanking you, then?

Guy:...

*Aidan suddenly lashes out and punches Guy in the face, hard enough to knock him unconscious. Guy falls to the floor*

Aidan: Keep dreaming, Shadow. *gets up, stepping over Guy's body, and walks out of the room*

Admiral
02-23-2003, 05:12 PM
*Looking at the map.*

Idun: The map is pointing directly at a building. So I guess whatever we need is going to be there.

Heimdall: Well let's go and see.

*Heimdall steps to Idun and whispers*

Heimdall: Stay on the ship just in case.

*Heimdall, lowers the boarding ramp. and exits the ship. He looks around. Smoke was rising from some of the buidlings.*

Heimdall *to self*: God I hate this place.

Kuuki
02-23-2003, 08:21 PM
Spectar: "I can. But what do you want with him afterwards? The right soul should be used for the right job, wouldn't you say so yourself?"

*WH Irvine finally order a harder beverage*

RH Irvine: "Finaly?" *Raises finger to order another* "You we're always a wuss." *stares drunkenly at WH Irvine*

WH Irvine: *point at RH* "Your drunk, ya shtupid drunk fool."

RH Irvine: "Drunken fool? At least I don't have a slur!" *grining* "You have a low tolerence..."

Spectar: "I have to admit, if we wiat a little more, this might get amusing..."

*The bartender continues to pour drinks.*

WH Irvine: "Drunk."
RH Irvine: "Slur."

*They glang glasses.*

((Behold! The new lightsaber fighting style! Drunken Jedi! :D))

Deac
02-24-2003, 01:49 PM
*Orthos exits*

Orthos: I agree. The place reeks of Lokpihet. What do expect there will be here? Angry evil gods? Dark clones of ourselves? Or maybe just hundreds of traps.

Admiral
02-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Heimdall: It has nothing to do with him. I just hate this planet.

We probably won't be facing anything at the moment. We will have to trigger something like we did before. Let get moving.

Redwing
02-25-2003, 10:45 PM
((*wishes Rwos was there to say "What's with the Starkillers and clones?" :D*))

Sakara: I have a better idea. Let's not wait. Have you ever seen American movies? Of course not. But if there's one thing you can learn from pop culture, it's never waste time gloating over a hero's predicament when your time would be better spent ruining him now. Besides, amusing as it is to watch two morons drunk off their arses, I find nothing really beats a little pain, suffering, and general destructive evil. *grins* So. About that soul. Got any...vampires handy?

-----------

Raschel: Wow, that sounds so encouraging Orthos, please continue.

Misae: There was a battle here...

Marin: I can morph something to sniff out the area, if you want to wait a few seconds.

Deac
02-26-2003, 01:52 PM
*Orthos chuckles*

Orthos: Who knows. Maybe they'll be a Scout "Bring and buy" sale with what we need going for twenty decacreds.

*Orthos suddenly senses something*

We are not alone...

Kuuki
02-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Spectar: "Hmm, Vampires,.. I have a decent amount of them I could persuade into this,.. I have all sorts taht could be udeful in this. You are going to have this soul to create a mental break down for this person?"

RH Irvine: "I forgot why we're drinking..."

WH Irvine: "Your getting drunk cus you lost your job. I'm drinkening with you, becuase it sucks to get drunk alone." *raises a finger* "Trust me I know!" *wavers a bit, and passes out on the table.*

RH Irvine: "You can't hold your liquer."

(( :D ))

Redwing
02-27-2003, 04:34 AM
((OOS: Scar, you do realize the Spectar sounds far drunker than the two Irvines))

Sakara: You know there's a marvelous new invention in my time...something called putting two and two together. Here's the first two: Irvine's dead master and a vampire soul just dying to be put in him. Here's the second two: A naive apprentice, being Irvine, and an organization, being the one that raised Irvine, which rather foolishly trusts all of its own. Impeccably. ¿Comprendé?

*looks back at the two drunken 'Jedi'* Why did they have to name em both "Irvine", anyway?

----------

Misae: I sense it too.

Marin: Alright then...morphing now.

*Marin's form begins to shrink and turn grey*

Kuuki
02-27-2003, 06:48 AM
Spectar: "Something to do with their birth and heritiage or something,.. And as for using 'Chi's body..."

*Another specture appears,..*

Specture: "Sorry to interupt,.. No one else is watching either,.."

Spectar: "What is it?"

Specture: "These two already seen the one that is called 'Chi'. His spirit visited them, they were able to communicate through the force,.."

Spectar: *turning back to Skara* "Exactly... If they had both seen this chi's spirit, why would he go insane? Wouldnt be better at this point to corrupt him directly?"

Redwing
02-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Sakara: I'm surrounded by lunatics. No, we can't just plant little Evil seeds in his mind to turn him into the next Attalia the Hun or Hannibal Lecter. It's against the Rules in this universe, you know? Big bad mojo to be messing with. Now let's think about this for a moment, shall we? What do vampires want? What do vampires do?

*at blank looks* Okay, so maybe the problem here is that you're all too young to have seen the beauty of vampirics in action. Well, let me give you a little recap: Vampires want to bring destruction and evil. To make more of their own. To kill. Soulless, from the human side, anyway. But while they don't have the human soul, they've still got the human's brain.

*taps Chi's unresponsive forehead* In here is all the information necessary for a vampire to destroy the remainder of Irvine's little "family". He was pretty high up in the corporate ladder in their Jedi-military-organization, I hear tell...the spawn, or half-sister spawn, of the people who killed you. Doesn't the idea of turning them all into vamps, or just drained dead bodies, sound like a nice idea of revenge to you? And think about it...you help me destroy them, destroy Irvine, destroy good, and in return I'll get you your little plane ticket to The Higher Planes. Sound attractive?

*turns to gaze at the red-haired Irvine* Do you see the look on his face? That's the look of a man who hasn't lost everything. Let's change that.

Kuuki
03-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Spectar: "True... Very well then, we have a deal..."

*A second figure wavers into exsistence, a pale and weak looking vampire.*

Spectar: "This one died in a prison, lack of nutrition im afriad. Allow him to remanifest in another body however, his spirit's should be worthy enough of even that creature your having run about..."

*looks over the 'soul' again...*

Spectar: "Yes, this one might not look much now. But he'll do your job..."

Redwing
03-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Sakara: He died? Of malnutrition? I thought vampires couldn't die from not eating. Just, uh, go loony. *looks at the vamp suspiciously* Is there any other things about this vamp I should know about?

----------

*A cloaked-and-hooded figure walks from the closest building*

Figure: *male voice* You sense something, do you? You're going to be sensing alot more very soon.

*Marin stops morphing and reverses* Who are you?

Figure: I'm the next piece to your puzzle. You awoke me when you destroyed the crystal.

Marin: What crystal?

Figure: The Crystal of Orthaeur.

*A floating image appears in the air, ofMisae's lightsaber stabbing into the glowing crystal inside the monster Caloslocke. The crystal explodes in light and the image shatters*

Marin: The crystal...inside Caloslocke?

Figure: Every action has its consequences. You destroyed the Crystal. Now the Awakening is at hand.

Kuuki
03-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Spectar: "Well the Vampire did kill himself. This is just the soul of the vampire. You wanted insane didn't you not? Revival and a little motivation would allow him to do your bidding..."

Admiral
03-02-2003, 12:38 AM
*Heimdall rest his hand on the grip of his sword*

Heimdall: What is this awakening that you refer to?

Redwing
03-02-2003, 01:31 AM
Sakara: Not really. I want something that can take apart things, not run through them like a rabid bulldog. Or...wampa, in your case.

----------

Figure: Long, long ago, before even the time of the Aesir, before the Force flowed through the galaxy, there was the Old World.

*A rip appears in the air. The world of Mrear is shown through it, with elves, men, and dwarves walking about. It looks like the consummate fantasy world, complete with a mage in the corner of the picture casting a spell. More images flash by, creating a montage of life that suddenly ends, showing blackness*

Figure: That all changed, millennia ago. The world of magic passed away. And your world was born. But not all things were new. The old gods, the Aeges, stayed, ever watching. The Avatars continued to walk among men. And the Old Ones have waited in their hiding places above the worlds...watching, waiting for all eternity, for the ones who would come to release them.

Misae: Release?

Figure: The Old Ones have been bound for all time by the Crystal of Ortheaur...which you, the Champions, have broken.

----------

*Guy wakes up to find himself suspended in midair by makeshift chains. He tries to rub his head but his hand won't reach. He blinks from looking into one of two floodlights trained on him*

Guy: *groans*...Aidan?

*Aidan walks in the room and looks up at Guy. He's holding a blaster and has several packs and devices slung over his shoulders* Oh, look. The Shadow finds himself hung up for all the world to see. In the light.

Guy: Aidan, what are you doing?

Aidan: You may have fooled the rest of them, but I know what you are. I know your evil. *walks closer to Guy* You know what your friends did to me? I'm sure you've looked in my files...watched how they tortured me. You want to see the scars?

Admiral
03-02-2003, 01:58 AM
Heimdall: A lot of beings have been released of late. Now care to elborate on how you fit into all of this?

Redwing
03-02-2003, 04:09 AM
Figure: I am only the humble next piece of your puzzle. I am here to tell you your choices.

Two paths lie before you. One is short and one is long. The long path begins ahead of you in that building. *points to the building behind him that he had come from* Your map will show you the way. If you take this path you will gain something that will be very valuable in your quest. If you choose to take the path of speed, the reverse side of your map will show you the way. The choice is yours.

Kuuki
03-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Spectar: "Why do you think he was put in that prison and left for dead, in the first place? While insane he was, but stupid and dull witted he was not. He tryied verious ways to torture his victums, meny still in use today, although their orgins hadn't been explained."

Deac
03-02-2003, 03:00 PM
*Orthos looks puzzled*

Orthos: Liar! It's all still there! The Mrearans just don't want to be found! That's why the Avatars came here! *He turns to the others* Don't trust him!

*Orthos draws the Starkiller sword*

Tell me your true name, God of Lies...

Redwing
03-02-2003, 09:46 PM
((*checks off "getting Deac to call one of my characters the God of Lies" off Things To Do list* :D ;)))

Figure: Ah, you are one of those with knowledge...however, you misunderstand me, Orthos of the Stars. I have no name, and I speak only the truth. I never said the world of Mrear was gone, nor magic destroyed. On the contrary, the Crystal of Ortheaur helped keep both of these hidden. However now that you Champions have destroyed it---

Marin: Why do you keep calling us "Champions"?

Figure: Because that is what you are. The Champions of good in these dark times.

Misae: I thought we were just the people being used to find the Time Matrix.

*The figure is silent*

----------

Sakara: Uh...*looks wary* Alright then, just get on with it. But if this doesn't work, remember, no higher planes for you...

*Sakara fades out*

Admiral
03-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Heimdall: Nothing is that simple Misea. Anyways I'm going to that building. Is anyone going to accompany me?

*Heimdall begins to walk towards the building*

Redwing
03-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Marin: I shall. *walks towards the building along with Heimdall*

Misae: *to Heimdall* If you're so smart, then tell me what he means?

Raschel: I'll, uh, I'll...Orthos?

Kuuki
03-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Spectar: "I'm not sure why I bother sometimes..."

*The figure of the vampire dissapears and the body of Chi starts to move. The body raises his head, and gives a evil smirk to Spectar.*

Spectar: "You have the memories of that body your in. Use them agenst this man here, destory everything this man knows about his organization and personal life, whats left of it. As for the other one, Sakara wants nothing to do with him, leave him alone."

Posessed Chi: "Very well then. When do I start?"

Spectar: "Right away, but not right here, can't give away the surprise just yet, if you get my drift."

*The possesed Chi gets teleported to a location a few kilometers away, and brought to the living specturm.*

Spectar: <Sakara, it is done.>

Deac
03-03-2003, 01:52 PM
*Orthos feels very tempted to go down the short route. But it passes as Heimdall begins to walk toward the longer path*

"Guess our choice is made, Raschel. Heimdall's the leader here. *To figure* But I still don't trust you, and if anything happens to us, I will find you.

Admiral
03-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Heimdall: It's simple really. Evil is running around loose, and this galaxy will be destroyed. The people who created these quests needed champions to save galaxy. When we finish the quest the galaxy will be restored. However, it isn't as simple as that. This is all preparation for the final cataclysmic battle between good and evil.

I feel something eminating from that building. It isn't evil, and something make me feel that we will need it.

Redwing
03-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Figure: I will be right where you left me.

*Raschel follows Orthos*

----------

*Sakara replies telepathically without appearing* <He knows what to do, correct?>

----------

Guy: I'm sorry for what my people did to you, Aidan. But you're attacking the wrong person here.

Aidan: Oh, I think I'm attacking just the right one. What's your game, Shadow? Why were you being so friendly? So eager to help?

Guy: I can only do what I'm driven to do. I'm not what you think.

Aidan: So where does it leave the rest of us when you're driven to betray us all when the profit smells biggest? What...you want to sell the Time Matrix on the black market?

Guy: You're being paranoid, Aidan. You're seeing things that aren't really there...

Aidan: Says the Shadow. Well, I've got news for you. This isn't about paranoia. This isn't about revenge. This is about survival. Well, I guess it's about revenge, too, but you know how these things go. *Aidan's eyes glow and he lifts the enormous blaster strapped to his shoulder* Now, it's very simple: you die, I live. And I have revenge.

Guy: I can't change what happened, Aidan. I know you're in pain, but killing me won't do change anything. Think this through...did you leave the door open?

Aidan: I---what?

*Suddenly, Aidan is bowled over by a large, furry, growling, vaguely catlike beast with a long tail and a mouthful of sharp teeth*

Admiral
03-05-2003, 11:24 AM
*Reaching the door, Heimdall tries the door controls, they refused to work. Touching the door it falls inwards. Heimdall shurgs and enters the building.

Looking around he sees ruble everywhere. Sun light entered the building through holes in the roof, some walls were crumbling.

Heimdall begins to walk over the rumble. Some of it slides down revealing a hand.

Walking gingerly over the rumble, he makes his way to the center of the building. Somewhere amoung the debri was the thing that was eminating goodness*

Heimdall: Look for something that is out of place. *to self* This could take a while.

Kuuki
03-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Spectar: <Yes, I have told him to perform exactly what you asked. He will use the body's memories agenst the one called Irvine Cracken Palpitine, with the intent to crush his moral and most likey sanity...>

Redwing
03-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Misae: Out of place? *lifts foot out of the rubble* Everything here is out of place.

I do sense something...a faint vibration in the Force. I can't tell where it's coming from...

Marin: Do you have any clues as to what we're looking for?

Raschel: I don't think I could feel any more lost. Orthos, do you have any idea what they're all talking about?

*Suddenly, a rip appears in the air. A small, opaque red portal with a glowing outline materializes, then another, then another*

Raschel: What in the Force?

*An oversized, long red and black snake drops from the nearest portal. It falls to the ground, coils and hisses. It stares around at the group with slitted eyes*

Marin: *disbelief* It's a...snake!

*The snake startles at her voice. It turns and lunges at Orthos*

----------

*Aidan struggles with the cat-beast. Another leaps into the room and snarls at Guy*

Guy: Here, kitty, kitty.

*The beast leaps at Guy. Guy twists his body, causing it to swing on the chains. He meets the beast in midair and wraps his legs around its neck. The weight drags them both violently backwards, pulling the chains down from the bars in the ceiling which Aidan had carelessly wrapped them around. The two fell into one of the spotlights, breaking it*

Aidan: Aargh! *Aidan repeatedly zaps the cat-beast with electric energy, but is clearly weakened by the wound in his stomach* You stupid creature! I'll kill you, you stupid---

*Guy grabs a small blaster rifle Aidan dropped. He shoots his beast in the eye. It drops. Guy maneuvers the gun so it points at one of his chains, and shoots it through. He shoots two more times, and the chains fall off.

Aidan finally kicks the beast off of him, brings up his pulse gun and shoots it through its skull. He turns around and notices Guy is gone.*

----------

Sakara: <Maybe I should watch. You know, make sure he doesn't get distracted and run out in the sun or....something. Not that I want to play vamp-sitter but....>

*Sakara senses something and grins*

I can smell it. The chaos is already beginning.

Kuuki
03-06-2003, 08:31 AM
Spectar: <The sun should no effect him, it is the body of that Jedi is it not?>

-------------

*The possesed Chi arrives at an airfield, and steals a transport shuttle.*

Possesed Chi: "First those whom he looked up to, next those whom he fought along with."

---------------

*On holoprojectors on Corusant:

Today the New Republic Empire, had signed a treaty with a small faction, and is requesting to officaly be annexed into the Senate.*

Deac
03-06-2003, 03:01 PM
*Orthos dodges the snake, then swipes at it with his sword. It coils round his legs, as he hacks at it's thick skin, trying to get it off of him.*

Orthos: Help! Come on! Giant snake here!

Kuuki
03-06-2003, 08:26 PM
*a lightsaber sound from behind Orthos. Then a swing, the bindings of the snake losen as it falls to the floor.*

*Standing behind Orthos was a young man, in his early twenties, wielding a yellow bladed Lightsword.*

???: "You seemed scared there for a minute." *Extingushes lightsword and extends hand* "Hi, my name is Kurtis, my friends call me Kur."

Redwing
03-07-2003, 02:17 AM
((OOS: Scar, there is no New Republic Empire. What are you going on about? Also Deac is controlling the NR I believe.

What is Kur doing here? How did Kur get here?...oh, whatever.))

Sakara: What...? *angrily* When I said I wanted a vampire soul, that should have implied that I wanted a vampire. A vampire Jedi. Not a possessed Jedi - what would I possibly want with a possessed Jedi!?

----------

Misae: We're not your friends. *ignites her teal saber* You're no Jedi. What are you doing here?

Marin: Those portals...

*Another snake slithers and drops out of another small portal suspended in midair. More snakes poke their heads through other portals, licking the air*

Raschel: What are these things? What's happening?

----------

*Aidan growls in the back of his throat. His eyes glow. He sniffs the air and moves off in the direction of Guy's scent.

Guy, in another room, picks up a opened bottle of pills from the floor and reads the label*

Guy: Figures...*opens several cabinets, searching for something*

Admiral
03-07-2003, 12:04 PM
*With the movements, the loose debri in the room shift. revealing the edge of box. Heimdall smiled, the side of the box contained runes. Putting on gloves to protect himself he removes the box. He begins to examine it when Orthos shouts for help. Placing the box inside his robes to keep it safe, he turns to see Kur. Misea ignites her lightsaber.

Stepping forward Heimdall unsheaths his own sword and points it directly at Kur's neck*

Heimdall: Thank you sir for your assistance. Now if you value your life you will leave here immediatly.

*More snakes begin to enter*

Heimdall: We have what we came for, I recommend that we leave. If we have to fight I rather do it in the open with room to manuever.

*Heimdall sheaths his sword and begins to walk passed Kur then pauses*

Heimdall: Leave and do not try to meddle in our affairs again, if you do then I will kill you.

*Heimdall moves to the door*

Heimdall: Misea, you lead the way out, Raschel and Marin follow her. Me and Orthos will take up the rear.

Deac
03-07-2003, 01:38 PM
*A snake hurls itself at Orthos, who deflects it, slicing it's head off in the process. He then stabs at the ones slithering toward him as he backs toward the door*

Orthos: I hope that was really useful!

Kuuki
03-07-2003, 05:48 PM
((I thought the republic and whats left if the empire signed a treaty due to each other losing a crap load of planets ^_~

as for Kur, he has to get into this sooner or later, becuase he has to die... :D))

*Kur follows out the door briefly.*

Kur: "Well im sorry if your friend here was screaming for help like a girl!" *under breath* "Ya bunch of asses..."

*Kur turns and continues to walk down the street from when he was walking...*

--------------

Spectar: <Sakara, you wanted the memories of the one called 'Chi' for the vampire to use, for that to work, the body would have to remain intact for him to have full access to the bodies memories. Alteration is not needed for the person whom you asked to have manipulated, he's one of the strongest of his people. Have 'faith', reguardless how ironic it is to say it. Just wait.>

Redwing
03-08-2003, 07:56 PM
((Er...what does that have to do with the subject?))

Sakara: What are you babbling about? How simple can it be to make that human a vampire, mirroring the "natural" way it is done? Hell, I would do it myself, if I had a vampire's essence available for me to plop in someone! Why do you think I asked for a vampire? So it could make more of its own! What is this dead, possessed, human going to do? Frighten Irvine to death?

----------

*Raschel finally pulls her blaster out and shoots a neat hole in the head of the nearest snake. Misae beheads another snake, then stares at Heimdall*

Misae: What, you suddenly think you're our leader? I won't take orders from you!

*Marin's voice speaks in thought speech* <Why not? He just told you you could lead.>

*Misae looks at Marin. She isn't there. In her place is a small dragonlike creature the size of a dog, with tiny wings and scales colored like jewels. Misae looks at her in disbelief*

Misae: How in the Force do you do that?

Marin: <It has nothing to do with the Force.> *She looks at Heimdall* <Heimdall? Don't say anything. I'm speaking to you in private thought speech.> *Marin starts bounding away* <Follow me ahead of the others. I don't want to confuse them. These snakes...they're creatures of magic. And they're being attracted to us.>

----------

*Aidan stalks through the building, following Guy's scent. His glowing eyes have taken on a red tint*

Aidan: I know you're here, Shadow...come and face me like the man you think you are!

*Aidan suddenly stops and twitches his ears. Then he bounds off on all fours in the opposite direction*

Admiral
03-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Heimdall: If you want to stay here then fine, I really do not care.

*Heimdall cleaves the head of a snake that was ready to strike. He then goes through the door, when another snake strikes, he barely dodges and uses his dagger to kill it*

This places is getting over run, so if you are planning on leaving I suggest you do it now.

*Heimdall leaves the room and heads for the exit to the building, dodging snakes*

Kuuki
03-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Spectar: <"If you want me to fix it so that the body is vampiric? Or do you want to keep complaining? Granted you can do what I had done, and you didn't have the essences that I have, but next time you want my help, which necromancy is a broad term, make it clear and specific to me, becuase I can guarentee you that I am the only one that has the right amount of sense to even think about what you tell to any Specture.">

Redwing
03-09-2003, 12:57 AM
Sakara: *appearing behind the Spectar* So, let me see here. I asked you for a vampire, and you gave me a human possessed by a vampire. Now you're telling me you didn't even have a good reason?

----------

*Marin's dragon morph flaps above Heimdall. Marin continues to speak in private thought speech* <These snakes...it's as if we are painted targets to them. This dragon feeds off magic creatures, and it wants to eat you right now.>

*More snakes slither out of the building, following Heimdall. Marin dives and bites the head off one.

Inside the building, Misae swings her lightsaber and slices the head off another snake, then another. Raschel fires her blaster into the head of another snake about to bite her*

Raschel: Orthos! What should we do?