PDA

View Full Version : Welmin's Cantina

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Black Knight of Keno
11-06-2004, 09:55 AM
((Arr :D ))

Tepe extended his mind with the force. "A bounty indeed, but by whom, and why? hwo is against me and Rythe?" he continued, closing his eyes, trying to concentrate not to let the dark side getting the grip of him

Joetheeskimo
11-06-2004, 12:20 PM
"I said I'm not going to tell you! What makes you think I'll just hand over who hried me, and everything else you need to know? For the lat time, get up, or I'll shoot!"

Black Knight of Keno
11-06-2004, 10:26 PM
((Hope you don't mind))

Tepe jumped up, drawing his lightsaber and twisting around. The pipe of the blaster that just pointed at Tepe's head fell to the floor and the jedi backed a few steps, standing in a defencive position, ready to block some blaster shots. "Propably that will be negotiable. Your life or information"

Darth Rythe
11-07-2004, 02:39 AM
(fine, stop having a bitch Joe.)

I regain contioness, Standing up I see the state the room is in.

I look around at every body and walk out to my shuttle and land in one of the bays of my crusier.

The Orh'ara then leaves the system.

Joetheeskimo
11-07-2004, 06:11 AM
((Nah, I don't mind Tepe, it was getting boring anyway :D))

Nam's other hand dropped to his side, but his other pistol was still pointed straight at Tepe's chest.
"You won't get a chance to take my life with that toy," Nam said, "because I'll kill you before you can get close eno--GARGHH!"
A glowing green blade suddenly grew from Nam's stomach. He collapsed on the ground, his blaster skittering. Behind him stood Kilmor.

((See, I'm allowed to kill off my own characters in one hit :p))

"I had a nice nap, but I figured it was about time to get up." Kilmor grinned, deactivating his lightsaber and disposing of the body.

Black Knight of Keno
11-07-2004, 07:39 AM
"Great, now we don't have any more information than we had when he came into the picture" he grunted, deactivating his lightsaber and stuffing the hilt away, looking at Kilmor

Joetheeskimo
11-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Kilmor shrugged. "It looked to me that he wasn't going to divulge much information anyway."
Kilmor walked to the bar counter, muttering, "killed countless Jedi, huh! Sure."

Writer
11-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Caitlin and Erica deactivated their lightsabers. Tarila's knives were safely sheathed on her upper leg and Nom's rifle was safely stowed away on his back.

"Brought an end to countless Jedi," Caitlin muttered.

"Brought to an end by a Jedi," Erica finished.

"A fitting way to go," Nom remarked.

"Fitting or agonizing?" Tarila wondered. "To be done away with by one of an order you've been knocking under? Sounds tough to me."

"Sometimes justice is tough," Caitlin said. "That's the only way to describe it."

Black Knight of Keno
11-08-2004, 07:55 AM
"Ironic" Tepe said, passing Nom, Erica and Caitlin. He went to the training room and started to meditate, waiting for something to happen

Writer
11-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Nom, Tarila, Caitlin and Erica made a collective movement toward the familiar corner spot, the one which Caitlin had first occupied when she first came to the Cantina. This is also the spot which Caitlin continued to fill after joined by her apprentice, Erica. Nom and Tarila also filled this spot when they came to the Cantina.

All in all, it seems that this spot had a lot of history concerning the four people who now moved toward it. As they sat down, Erica turned to Caitlin.

"I haven't seen you in a while," she said. This may come as a surprise to the others in the Cantina, for wasn't Erica Caitlin's apprentice? Yes, it is true, but she has become a Jedi Knight herself. Now, though they are still often seen together, Erica is occasionally sent out alone.

"It has been three months, has it not?" Caitlin replied. Erica nodded.

"Three months and I want to know what you've been up to," she said. Caitlin laughed.

"I've been travelling with Nom and Tarila," she answered. "We've been taking care of some bounties placed on a few of the more slimy characters in the galaxy. What about you?"

"Three months of lonliness!" Erica exclaimed. "The Jedi sent me to the Outer Rim to 'explore' a few planets on which there seemed to be an uprising against the government. Upon seeing five Jedi, the uprising never happened... until after we left of course. Then we had to go back and help the old government regain power."

"Regain power?" Nom asked. "The Jedi wanted the old government in power for what reason?"

"The old government answered to the Republic," Erica replied. "The new one would not have done so. They'd have then attempted to take over more of the galaxy. It's a simple way to keep the Republic running. Squash the opponents and they tend to enjoy using Jedi to do this."

"Convenient to have such powerful beings on your side, right?" Tarila added. Erica laughed.

"Unless they decide to double cross you!" she retorted.

"But the Jedi remain loyal to the Republic," Caitlin said. "There's little chance of them changing their minds."

"Good for the Republic," Erica noted. All agreed and fell silent again.

Black Knight of Keno
11-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Nothing, nothing going on in the force. Tepe was extremely bored, and stood up, walking to the bar and ordering a corellian ale, walking to the table next to the one Erica, Caitlin, Tarila and Nom were on. He set himself on one of the chairs and started gulping the ale down

Writer
11-12-2004, 10:27 AM
"Don't get yourself so drunk that you wouldn't be any good in a fight," Caitlin warned Tepe as she glanced over at him. "Seems to me that a lot of fights have been for you recently. Better keep yourself sobered up."

Black Knight of Keno
11-12-2004, 10:37 AM
"I still can turn to the dark side, you know. Then my anger can lead my hand" he muttered, just nearly heard by the group. He gulped the ale down and leaned back, trying to relax himself a bit. The one thing he would need right now, was a good lay, but the jedi code had to stay in his way... Geez...

Joetheeskimo
11-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Kilmor glanced at him as he walked past. "Rythe would be proud of you right now," Kilmor said dryly. "A Jedi could not."
Kilmor sat down next to him. "Well, maybe a bit of practice would help. Want to duel?"

Joetheeskimo
11-28-2004, 08:28 AM
*bump* :mad:

weiderudare
11-28-2004, 09:07 AM
(Bump all you want..I mean, the cantina has been exploded into pieces about 500 million times, there are more dead bodies here than in the rest of the galaxy. A bit hard to join perhaps:cool: )

Joetheeskimo
11-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by weiderudare
(Bump all you want..I mean, the cantina has been exploded into pieces about 500 million times, there are more dead bodies here than in the rest of the galaxy. A bit hard to join perhaps:cool: )

(Correction: 1 time, about 10 people have died and all their bodies have been removed, and I don't think everyone posting in here has suddenly lost interest in the longest-going RPG on lucasforums.com. :rolleyes: )

weiderudare
11-28-2004, 12:59 PM
(what about all those fancy stormtroopers that died in the middle? anyway, all Rpers in here have broken the rules set by the RPGmaker, but since hes gone... I dunno...Should I make a new one perhaps?)

Darth Rythe
11-29-2004, 01:58 AM
((OOC: No, do not create a new thread. Just stick with this one.))

((OOC: PLAY this (http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk/sounds/vader.mid) while you read))

I sence Tepe's anger building inside him, I knew that he could not resist the power of the the dark side of the force.

I stand on the bridge of the Orh'ara staring into the traffic of the oncoming planet...Risa II

I knew from this point onwards The Dark Side would not fail me, and it would only make myself and Tepe stronger, If only my master had realised what he was sacrifising im sure he'd be he with me this day.

Black Knight of Keno
11-29-2004, 06:47 AM
"Duel... Yes" he said with a smile that turned into an evil grin as he had turned away and headed towards the training room before Kilmor

Redwing
11-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
(Correction: 1 time, about 10 people have died and all their bodies have been removed, and I don't think everyone posting in here has suddenly lost interest in the longest-going RPG on lucasforums.com. :rolleyes: )

((Nay, I'm in an RPG that's been going on since February 2001. :)

Granted it is on it's 13th thread. ;)))

Joetheeskimo
11-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
((Nay, I'm in an RPG that's been going on since February 2001. :)

Granted it is on it's 13th thread. ;)))

((Show-off. :xp: ))

Kilmor strode into the training room and stood facing Tepe.

((Do you have any drastic plans for this, Tepe? Will it involve someone getting mortally injured? Or will we just have a duel? :D))

Black Knight of Keno
11-30-2004, 04:57 AM
((I was actually thinking something that Tepe is jumping from light to dark. How about a cut Tepe's arm off and he maby slashes you in the chest or something... at least let him harm Kilmor in some way))

Tepe drew his robes off and for the surprise of Kilmor, the jedi wearing a black tunica took his red, double-bladed lightsaber, swinging it a few times unactivated, then ignited the both sides, taking it to his front(Imagine Darth Maul)
He grinned and waited for Kilmor to make a move. The door slammed shut as Tepe looked at it. Kilmor could feel the dark side taking control inside Tepe.

Joetheeskimo
11-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Kilmor sensed the Dark Side roiling up inside Tepe. He dropped into a combat stance and slowly drew both sabers, one red, one orange. His muscles tensed, ready to leap out of teh way the moment Tepe sprang forward. He began to circle around his opponent, his lightsabers igniing with a hiss...

Black Knight of Keno
11-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Tepe stayed at the same distance from Kilmor, and was circling too. The room filled with the sound of Tepe's blades swinging as he rolled and swung his lightsaber, ready to defend or attack. He couldn't take it anymore, he charged with a force lightning and at the same time swinging his lightsaber and rushing forwards

Joetheeskimo
11-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Darth Tepe
Tepe stayed at the same distance from Kilmor, and was circling too. The room filled with the sound of Tepe's blades swinging as he rolled and swung his lightsaber, ready to defend or attack. He couldn't take it anymore, he charged with a force lightning and at the same time swinging his lightsaber and rushing forwards

Kilmor twisted to the side as Tepe's blade sliced through the air, but the lightning slammed into him like a web of steel, sending streaks of pain through his body. He hit the wall, one of his lightsabers skittering across the floor. He rolled to the side to avoid Tepe's downward swing, launched himself forward, and slammed his boots into Tepe's jaw. He flipped over Tepe's head and brough the lightsaber to his hand, activating it and rolling forward to stab.

Black Knight of Keno
12-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by joetheeskimo5
Kilmor twisted to the side as Tepe's blade sliced through the air, but the lightning slammed into him like a web of steel, sending streaks of pain through his body. He hit the wall, one of his lightsabers skittering across the floor. He rolled to the side to avoid Tepe's downward swing, launched himself forward, and slammed his boots into Tepe's jaw. He flipped over Tepe's head and brough the lightsaber to his hand, activating it and rolling forward to stab.
At the last moment, Tepe got his mind straight and blocked, kicking from the side at him. The kick didn't hit. Tepe jumped backwards, making a few swings with his lightsaber at the same time. He landed, his right leg going straight towards his right, the other bending as his other hand was on the side, holding the lightsaber and the other holding him up, bent a bit. His chest was a few inches away from the floor as he grinned at Kilmor. "Come... jedi" he said, spitting the last word out

Joetheeskimo
12-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Kilmor began slowly circling again, staring intently at his opponent but seeming calm and unperturbed. Then he made an unexpected lunge forward, one saber stabbing forward, the other slicing in an arc through the air towards Tepe's back...

Black Knight of Keno
12-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Tepe jumped up, turning so his legs hit the roof. He bent his knees and kicked some speed into his fall, slashing four times before landing onto his feet. He looked down. A slight scratch on his chest, drippinf a few drops of blood. "Good..." he said, grinning devilishly and rising his head. "Come and kill me, jedi" he said, his sound falling into a deep, dark and evil voice. He rolled the lightsaber a few times above his head and rushed forwards, clashing towards her lightsabers. "Fight like a jedi" he said, swinging the lightsaber blades at him from different directions and in different times. He teased Kilmor. Both knew he could do much better.

Joetheeskimo
12-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Both knew he could do much better.

(Who, Kilmor or you? :D)

Black Knight of Keno
12-03-2004, 07:45 AM
((Uh, Tepe...))

Joetheeskimo
12-03-2004, 11:58 AM
((Uh, Tepe...))

((Ah, do not underestimate me...:D))

weiderudare
12-21-2004, 05:55 AM
Suddenly, a team of workers rebuilt the whole place, with überh4xx0r droids that shoots anyone that tries to fight inside the bar itself, and with a new area where fights could take place.
((((what, godmoding? me? I never!:p )))
The new owner, Welmins brother Walmin(usually called Welmin) took his place behind the new bar..
"There, now we just need some guests"

(((:rolleyes: )))

Writer
12-21-2004, 06:57 AM
((Taking notice of other cantina threads that have survived... all of them have migrated away from the cantina and developed a story line... this one has not yet... will it happen to this one too?))

weiderudare
12-21-2004, 07:51 AM
(((well, there is no place rpers can simply chat and start new missions...the actual purpose of this one...to get to rp better and from it start RPs... After all, there is not enough sitting down and talking in rps these days...I swear, if I had a good idea I would create a rp with lots of time for talking...:p )))

Writer
12-21-2004, 08:10 AM
((And then others would come in and say something like "OH NO!! 200000000000000 STORMTROOPERS ON THERE(misspelled) WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and ruin your idea entirely. :p ))

weiderudare
12-21-2004, 08:12 AM
(((Exactly, see me creating any rps?:p )))

Writer
12-21-2004, 08:17 AM
((Nope...;) That's why it's best to stick to the storytelling. You have the idea of where your story is going and people come in and mess it up... I'll participate in other people's RPGs and mess their ideas up, but when it comes to my ideas, I write stories;)

weiderudare
12-21-2004, 08:21 AM
(((just realized my SWG experience ruined my way of looking at rps... i want talking, socializing...and textbased rps are all about fighting...Bah! I miss SWG:( ))))

Writer
12-21-2004, 08:25 AM
((Maybe we should find some out of the way corner of the Forums and have our characters socializing a whole lot more... maybe somebody high up on the chain should create a new forum, just for people like us!:p ))

weiderudare
12-21-2004, 08:39 AM
(((yeah.you reading this redwing? ehem?
Or we might....*gasp*make a proboard forum!
Or not, since Im too lazy:p )))

Writer
12-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Though I have great RPing skills, I have no understanding of this, 'proboard' you speak of...

In other words... huh? :p

Joetheeskimo
12-21-2004, 11:49 AM
((Uh, that post was really random, because thecantina was not damaged, and Tepe and I are not fighting in the bar, we're dueling in a special dueling chamber far in the back. I'd say **** off, but that'd get me banned, so I'll just say leave us be.))

Redwing
12-26-2004, 02:31 PM
((Weird and WJ, it's called making your own thread and putting that in the rules. Easier than making an alternate forum :D

And joe, no need to get upset that someone stated their own opinion... ;)))

weiderudare
12-26-2004, 03:16 PM
(((Now now redwing..you're too smart for us...we want more forums! we want more forums!
:p
Alright, maybe I'll create a RPG, WITH RULES AND SOCALIZING!
*gasps*))

Joetheeskimo
12-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by weiderudare
((*gasps*))

:eek: *faints*

No, but seriously, go ahead and do that. One less whiner As long as it means making your life better. :D

Darth Rythe
12-27-2004, 01:26 AM
So, You are prepared to sacrifice this old, and still good thread, for some little thread you want to make called "The little Bitchers"?

Now, come on Joe, put up with it, you cant always have your way, you just have shut up and get on with it, or leave when it starts to get sh*t like I did.

Redwing
12-27-2004, 10:55 AM
((This is the Welmin's Cantina thread, not the Whining thread (And yes, both sides are whining at this point :p). Please treat it as such.))

Black Knight of Keno
01-05-2005, 09:09 AM
((I have one thing to say: Jesus christ, stop the ****ing whining and get back to the good RP))

Joetheeskimo
01-05-2005, 12:00 PM
((I have one thing to say: Jesus christ, stop the ****ing whining and get back to the good RP))

Right, now...where were we in that duel, Tepe?

Black Knight of Keno
01-05-2005, 12:43 PM
((Your turn, last page))

Joetheeskimo
02-23-2005, 07:45 PM
((Whoa! C'mon guys, Welmin's Cantina is the longest-running and most active RPG here, don't let it fall into the dust now! :eek: ))

Kilmor pretended to stumble backwards, and Tepe pressed his advantage. However, Kilmor suddenly spun, his lightsaber streaking blue and red through the air. Caught by surprise, Tepe took a step back, attempting to parry Kilmor's attack. The smell of sweat mixed with electric sparks fileld the room as the duelists circled, blocking every move and returning the blow.
One mistake would mean losing the battle. And one of the two would have to make a mistake eventually...

Black Knight of Keno
02-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Tepe clashed his saber against Kilmor's, to chek if he was more tired than him. The sith himself was exhausted of the fierce, short battles they had. He drew his lightsaber back, taking a deep breath. He knew well that his life depended on this. This was no matter of jokes. He grinned, collecting his hatred and evil burning inside him, trying to get some energy from it. Darth Tepe looked at Kilmor intesively, trying to predict from his eyes what he was going to do next. He lowered his saber in between of the attacking and defending stances, putting his other foot a bit back to steady his balance ikf the jedi would lunge at him

Joetheeskimo
02-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Kilmor felt the adrenaline and the dark side of the Force combine in Tepe. Tepe's blood was boiling. Kilmor took several steps back and deactivated both lightsabers.
"Both of us have equal skill, evidently," Kilmor pointed out. "It is pointless to continue. It is simply a duel, not a fight to the death."
Under the cover of his robes, Kilmor's hand rested on a lightsaber, in case the Sith wasn't finished yet.

Black Knight of Keno
02-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Tepe looked at Kilmor with cold eyes. He slowly lowered his saber and deactivated it. He stood steadily, stepping backwards so his feet were side by side. He put the lightsaber away nd swung his hand towards the door, opening it. He nodded at him. "Go, before I tare you apart with my bare hands" he said, his other hand gripping into a tight fist- If Kilmor would've seen this, it would only give more seriousness into the sith's words. A slight sweat gleamed on his forehead as he took deep breaths. "Go!" he shouted and looked tightly at the jedi, knowing well he was ready if he would lunge at him

Joetheeskimo
02-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Kilmor didn't move, but instead regarded Tepe with amusement. "Tear me apart with your bare hands? It sounds as if you've gotten a little worked up. What have I done in our harmless duel to anger you to such a level?"

Black Knight of Keno
02-25-2005, 12:51 AM
Tepe tilted his head to the right a bit, and in that same moment, his lightsabers were in his hands and activated. "I warned you" he said as the door closed again. The sith lunged at Kilmor, his lightsabers coming from the left... no, it seemed they were, but the attack came from the right, and that attack was furious. Kilmor shouldn't have given him any time to gather himself, as now Tepe was truly furious. He would go on in this fight like a swarm of bees. His lightsabers left red flashes as they went straight towards Kilmor's body

Joetheeskimo
02-25-2005, 05:51 AM
Kilmor sucked in his breath and suddenly found himself slamming into the wall. The side of his robe was warm with his blood. He didn't even have a chance to activate his lightsaber. (Picture how Qui-Gon looked when Darth Maul gave the killing blow)
Kilmor tried to roll over, but the searing pain caused him to lay there, paralyzed, open to attack.
As the Sith drew nearer, Kilmor knew he had to do something. As the blood pooled on the floor next to him, Kilmor closed his eyes and gathered his remaining bits of strength...
In a flash, Kilmor was on his feet, slicing through the air with his lightsabers. The lightsabers crossed and clashed against Tepe's, and sparks flew everywhere as both men pushed against eachother's weight...
That was when Kilmor's remaining energy gave out. He stumbled backwards and, as if in slow motion, watched Tepe's red blade slice through the air towards him.

((Kill me if ya want, or spare me. :D I'm in need of a new character anyway :xp: ))

Black Knight of Keno
02-25-2005, 07:36 AM
"Hah! Pathetic, Kilmor" the sith laughed, his red blade on his neck. "You should've listened to me before and left" he said and sunk his lightsaber blade into his neck. He grinned as his eyes flashed yellow. The jedi's hand released the lightsaber that dropped onto the floor, deactivating. Tepe sliced Kilmor's neck, putting his other lightsaber away and pulling the jedi's into the free hand with the force. He activaterd the blade and stabbed it throught his chest. He deactivated both lightsabers and put them away, letting Kilmor's body drop to the ground. Tepe took a step back, opening the door again and walking out, grinning widely. He pulled his cape quickly from the floor of the training room and put it on, leaving to the bar for a drink

Joetheeskimo
02-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Kilmor's spirit was knocked from his body and he found himself standing in the same room he had died in.
Too surprised to feel emotion, Kilmor chuckled. "Heh! Funny that a few years ago, the same thing happened." Kilmor thought back to when he had been killed by Death Lord and had his spirit reinfused into a cloned, younger body by a wounded mercenary (( OOC: Who no longer posts here :( )). "I doubt that'll happen again, since no-one will find out about my death in time..."
Kilmor's voice faded away as his spirit dissolved and became one with the Force.

OD-Nile-X-Z-N
02-25-2005, 11:02 AM
(Random information here about my character, his name is Gillom Bendom, hes a Ithorian explorer and goes all over the galaxy to see places and he tells storys of his adventures).

*gillom walks slowly into the bar, and walks over to welmin*

welmin! my old friend. How you'v been friend?

*gillom and welmin start talking about their old adventures togather. Then gillom orders some jawa juice and sits down at the booth*.

Joetheeskimo
03-01-2005, 05:15 AM
A long-haired, bearded man clothed in a loose Jedi tunic walks into the room, his eyes scanning. For a moment he pauses, his eyes on Tepe. He takes a slow step forward, and then moves towards the counter to order a drink, his eyes never leaving Tepe.
Finally he turns to Welmin. "I'd like a glass of standard Correlian
Ale." He turns to the Ithorian next to him. "Hm, don't see your type around this place much, do we? My name is..." he glances at Tepe. "is...Nik Rolas. What brings you to this crime-infested town?"

OD-Nile-X-Z-N
03-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Greetings Nik Rolas. I am Gillom Bendon. I am here to visit a friend of mine. However the location he gave me to meet him does not exist, and I have not heard from since then. I'm worried something happend to him. *gillom's mouths (ithis have two mouths :P) frown, then he takes a drink of his juice. What brings you here, are you just visiting or do you live here?

Joetheeskimo
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
"I was sent here to..." Nik Rolas paused. "...investigate something. Nothing special." He coughed. "Not much action around there, is there?"

Joetheeskimo
08-28-2005, 06:50 PM
*EXTREME BUMPAGE!* :eek:

((There, I did it. :)))

Nik Rolas slapped everyone in the bar until they woke up.

Writer
08-28-2005, 07:09 PM
((Wow! that is some major bumpage! But I just realized that none of my characters are in here, so.... here's a new one, since all my others are currently occupied in other matters))

When Nik Rolas reached down to slap a man seated in a corner, the man's hand shot out, gripping Nik's wrist tightly.

"You shouldn't slap people you don't know, especially when they're not asleep," the man said quietly. He released Nik's wrist and put his head back on the table.

Joetheeskimo
08-28-2005, 07:10 PM
"Ow..." Nik rubs his wrist. "Who are you, anyway? I didn't notice you come in."

Writer
08-28-2005, 07:21 PM
"I've been here a while," the man answered. "I watched you enter, actually."

Joetheeskimo
08-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Are you a mercenary, or what? ((Seeing as you didn't provide a description ;)))

Writer
08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
The man looked up at Nik for the first time. His eyes were dark blue, his hair was black and cut very short. He raised an eyebrow at Nik and shrugged.

"Not really," he answered. A small smile came to his face. "You seem a bit curious... have you never heard that curiosity killed the cat?" He chuckled slightly. "But I'm not curiosity and you're not a cat, so I don't think you have anything to worry about."

He raised his hand, attracting the attention of Welmin (is he still behind the bar or was he killed off a while ago?) who immediately came over. "Get me something strong... no, don't give me options, just get something... No, I really don't care what... yes, that sounds fine."

Welmin went off to get the man his drink and the man turned back to Nik. "So what makes you curious? You're asking a lot of questions."

Joetheeskimo
08-28-2005, 09:23 PM
"I was sent here...by msyelf...on a personal mission. To find out who caused the death of a man I know. So, you could say it's my job to ask questions."

Writer
08-28-2005, 09:40 PM
"I see," the main said quietly. "Well, all the best of luck to you."

Joetheeskimo
08-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Nik stands up and disappears into the back of the bar.

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:10 AM
The stranger watched as Nik moved away from his table and chuckled. He wondered briefly if he was getting too good at avoiding the questions people asked him. Basic rule number one: When a person asks you a question, ask a question in return... it distracts them.

As it was, the man had not needed to give out his name... and he rather liked it that way.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:15 AM
The slightest drawing in of breath was heard from the room at the back. Nik emerged, palefaced, dragging the body of a dead Jedi Knight. The body's chest is scorched, obviously from a lightsaber. "Do you know anything about this?" Nik demanded bluntly.

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:18 AM
"Hmm," the man said thoughtfully, observing the corpse. "Those would appear to be lightsaber wounds. If I had to guess, I'd say your dead friend was in a saber battle."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:19 AM
"Who with?" Nik seemed to be rather upset.

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:21 AM
"Hmm..." The man's voice trailed off into silence. He shrugged. "I'm afraid, I cannot help you." He stared at the corpse for a moment longer. "Were you two close friends?"

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:24 AM
Nik sat down heavily, staring at the floor. He let the man's body drop to the ground.

"Kilmor Katarn was my Master. Since I was 13."

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:27 AM
The man was silent for a moment. "It is a difficult thing to loose one's master," he said finally. "I understand your pain."

Another pause. "I do not think it wise for you to share much more with a man you do not know... I am Caster Vol, once Jedi, now Exile."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Nik looked up. "Well, it seems I could trust you...although, apparently you are a Jedi no longer. I've given away information. Why not do the same for me? What caused your exile?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:33 AM
"A simple disagreement," Caster answered slowly, running his right hand over his short hair. "Something to do with my lightsaber, or some other such thing... I'll tell you, boy, the Jedi are becoming far to beaurecratic to be the true peacekeepers I envisioned them being when I first began training."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Nik frowned. "Is that the most detail you can give?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Caster laughed. "Alright, kid. I'll tell you. And it did have something to do with my lightsaber." He shifted a little in his seat. "As a peacekeeper, a Jedi must occasionally put an end to someone's life. It is practically inevitable. All Jedi know this, but most have a very strong dislike for the fact. I am not one of them."

"Two years ago, I learned of a man... we'll call him Lask. Lask was a tyrant of the worst kind, save only for Sith. He was a corrupt politician, holding his world under his thumb. The Jedi were begged to send help, to remove Lask from government. But when he learned of this, Lask came and spoke to the Jedi."

A short pause. "Lask was a master of disguising what he truly felt. When he met with the Council, he persuaded them that he was doing nothing wrong. I was the only one to doubt him. When the situation on his homeworld worstened, I begged the Council to allow me to act. They refused."

He sighed. "I knew that Lask would destroy his people if left long enough in his self-appointed role. I couldn't simply stand back and watch it happen. That wasn't what a peacekeeper was supposed to do!" He leaned forward. "So I acted without the permission of the Council. Lask was dead, the planet was happy, and I was exiled."

He snorted. "And when the Council called for me, they would only tell me that my lightsaber was poorly fashioned, signifying carelessness." He shook his head and fell into thoughtful silence.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:03 AM
((ROFL! Did you just make that up on the spot? :p))

Nik sat back, silent.

"...I believe I would do the same thing, but..."

Another pause.

"...Do you still have your lightsaber?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:09 AM
((Yep :D ))

Caster gently placed his saber on the table. Unlike what he claimed the Council said, the saber was a sleek creation, the black leather grip fitting his hand perfectly.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:10 AM
Forgetting his manners, Nik reached for the hilt.

((What color is the blade?))

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:14 AM
((Dark blue.))

Caster watched in silence as Nik took the saber...

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:16 AM
With a hiss, the blade cast a blue glow on Nik's features. His eyes were fixed on the center of the blade, mesmerized.

He pulled his eyes away. "Wasn't the council afraid you would fall to the Dark Side when they exiled you?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:19 AM
"They were terrified," Caster answered with a smile. "But that merely proves how little they knew about me. I could never join the Dark Side... only follow the True Light. I am what I believe the Jedi were supposed to be. Nothing more. Nothing less."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:22 AM
Nik sat back and placed the hilt on the table. "Unfortunately, I can't understand what that is like. Perhaps I have become too much like those on the Council. To me, the Jedi seem perfect."
Suddenly, an idea seems to hit him. "How many years of training did you sustain? Did they exile you as a Master, or an Adept?

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:25 AM
"I am not as young as I look," Caster said with a smile. "I was a Master and had trained four Jedi. One went on to join the Council. The other three were killed in battle."

He fell silent and his saber hilt floated up into his open hand.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Nik stood up. "Then you could be my mas..." his voice trailed off. "Ahem." He turned and ordered a drink.

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:33 AM
By this point, Caster's drink had already arrived and he sipped it, looking at Nik over the glass. When he set it down, he glanced over to where Nik had left the body of Kilmor Katarn.

"Kilmor Katarn, you said?"

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:34 AM
"Correct. Before you ask, yes, he's related to the other Master Katarn. Or, to you, Kyle."

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:36 AM
"I thought that might be the case..." Caster muttered. He glanced again at the body. "Has Kyle heard of this yet?"

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:39 AM
"No, because I'm the first human to see it," Nik growled, "besides his murderer."

((This has to be the longest-going conversation in the history of LF's Role-Playing forum :p))

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:45 AM
"Of course," Caster said quietly. Suddenly, he seemed to be very intent on a person who had just walked in. In a low voice, he told Nik, "Here comes my second encounter with Jedi in two years..."

The woman who had just entered the cantina immediately caught sight of Caster and her eyes widened. She ran a hand through her long blonde hair. "Spast..." she muttered. Caster waved her over and she approached him.

((Joe, Nik will recognize this woman if he's ever been to the Council. She's a character of mine, but she's on the Council in my little world :D Her name is Alyssa Renolin. You may recognize the name from Shattered Night. She's a Jedi Master now and is one of the few on the Council who voted against Caster's exile... :) ))

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:48 AM
((I remember her. :)))

Nik stared intently at the newcomer, and then brightened, and stood up. "Welcome, Master...uh...Master Runol...Renol something....Anyway, what brings you all the way here?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:54 AM
"She is a member of the Jedi Council," Caster answered quietly. "Alyssa Renolin."

Alyssa approached the table and sat down quickly. The silence seemed rather full of tension. The Council Member and the Exile seemed to be sharing an awkward moment. Finally, Alyssa broke the heavy silence.

"Caster," she said.

"Alyssa," he answered. The silence fell again. This time, Alyssa turned to Nik.

"You seem slightly familiar," she told him. "But I do not think we have met." Her face lit up for a moment. "I know! You're the student of Kilmor Katarn." She glanced around and her eyes landed on Kilmor's body. Her face immediately fell. "Oh. I'm terribly sorry."

She looked away, glancing at Caster occasionally, as though trying to work up the courage to speak to him, but never quite managing it. Caster was reacting in much the same way to Alyssa's presence.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:59 AM
Nik swiveled his head between the two. "If you're going to propose, why not get it over with?", he chuckled. Seeing the dirty looks sent his way, he mumbled an apology and stared at the ground.

Writer
08-30-2005, 03:08 AM
"Hardly a proposal on the way," Alyssa remarked drily, staring at Caster.

"What are you doing here, Alyssa?" Caster asked. Alyssa glanced at Kilmor's body before answering.

"I had come in search of Kilmor," she said. "He and Nik were to return to the Academy for reassignment."

"Does reassignment still mean the same thing as it did when I left?" Caster wondered. Alyssa nodded sadly. Caster turned to Nik. "It means that you and Kilmor caused too much trouble in this area. You'd be moved somewhere far away after a long period of 'learning and meditation' at the Academy."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 03:12 AM
"Kilmor and I were seperated and I was left on planet TK-23 until about, say, 3 hours ago. Whatever trouble was caused, I was not involved."
Nik glanced at Kilmor. "And it seemed to get him killed."
Nik looked up. "What am I to do now?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 03:18 AM
"That depends," Alyssa answered slowly. "It's not often a Master is killed while still training an apprentice. Because of this, the Jedi do not have the proper resources to guide you through the pain." She glanced at Caster. "I think that what would be best for you at this point is to spend time with a Jedi who has lost a master."

She looked at Caster. "Well?"

"The rest of the Council will object," Caster warned.

"Except the originals," Alyssa answered. "Luke, Kyle... you know."

"But the Council is large enough that you are a minority," Caster reminded her. "It's how I was exiled, remember?"

"I remember," Alyssa answered. She turned back to Nik. "In the end, it is your choice. You must decide what you want to do."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 03:19 AM
"What are you saying? That Caster is going to complete my training?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 03:22 AM
"If that is your choice, the Original Council will argue to make it so," Alyssa promised.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 03:23 AM
"Well, what is the other option?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 03:29 AM
"You won't like it," Caster muttered. Alyssa grinned, as though she agreed, but straightened her face before she spoke.

"The other option is to return with me to the Academy and spend the next few years learning under multiple masters," she said.

"That's the Council's way of saying 'come back to us and all the Masters will tell you how wonderful Kilmor was and that he's now one with the Force'," Caster said. Alyssa laughed.

"Listen to him," she said. "He's a smart man."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Nik raised both eyebrows. "Yeah, smart enough for me to train under him. I accept option number one."

((I'm going to bed now, so this is my final post for the night. Feel free to respond anyway.))

Writer
08-30-2005, 03:37 AM
((Oh, gosh! it's late and I have to be up early (crys) see you tomorrow, Joe. ))

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 12:25 PM
((We both seem to be back...interested in continuing?))

Writer
08-30-2005, 12:52 PM
((For a little bit... gotta head to school in another couple of hours...))

Alyssa smiled. "Well then I think it's time for me to leave," she said. "I have to work on getting Caster accepted again." She rolled her eyes. "Sith-spawned beaurecratic Council..." she stood and walked away muttering.

"As you see, she agrees with me," Caster said with a smile. "About the Council, I mean. There were only a few Council members I actually was able to get along with. She was one of them."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 12:55 PM
((Oh, that's right...you're in college, so you have slightly later classes...school starts tomorrow for me.))

Nik watched Alyssa leave. "So, is she saying my training can't be restarted until the Council agrees to let you back into the Order?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 12:59 PM
((School starts on a Wednesday? That seems a little odd to me.....))

"Not necissarily," Caster replied. "I could teach you things now, but the Beaurecratic Council would probably throw a fit..." He sighed. "If only the Original Council had more power..."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:00 PM
"Is Original Council just a term, or is it offiicially known as such? Are Luke and Kyle the only ones on it?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:08 PM
"Ah, forgive me," Caster said. "I refer to Kyle, Luke, and Alyssa as the Original Council. Alyssa's Master would be included too, but she prefers to wander the galaxy looking for trouble." He chuckled. "The members of the Original Council picked up on my reference and took to using it as well. Last I checked, the entire Council was calling those three the Original Council, though the four of us are the only ones who call the rest of them the Beaurecratic Council."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:11 PM
"Wow." Nik sat back in his chair. "I suppose it's your call whether we start my training with or without the Council's backing."

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:15 PM
((I'm beginning to realize something... the reason this thread kept dying down is because it's so strongly tethered to Welmin's Cantina (the place). It never goes anywhere else... I think it's time to change that...))

"Let's see the reaction of the Jedi when I return," Caster said. He stood. "I am returning to the Jedi Academy. Will you join me?"

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:30 PM
((Well, generally people make different threads while travelling, or else characters lose their places in the RP.))

"I wouldn't miss this for a thousand credits," said Nik, rising from his chair.

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:34 PM
((I noticed... but it always got me confused on timing... I had a character in here and the same one in another RP taking place just after that character left, but the character seemed to return here almost immediately... so we're changing it. We're going to the Academy in this very RP thread... EVEN IF IT TAKES ME THE REST OF MY LIFE!!! :p ))

"Do you have a ship?" Caster asked next.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:40 PM
"Well, I didn't flap my arms to get here," Nik grinned.

Writer
08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
"Especially not in space," Caster laughed. "Go to the Academy. I'll be along in a little while."

He walked out of the cantina...

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 01:53 PM
Nik wrapped his Master in an emergency blanket and placed him in the cargo hold, and then began lift-off procedures. "First thing to do once I enter hyperspace is to inform the Council about Kilmor," Nik muttered.

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:00 PM
After leaving the Cantina, Caster went to a small apartment building. He entered and kicked down a door. The creature inside screamed at him, but he silenced it with an angry look.

"I'm only here for information," he said. He tossed the creature a small chip. "Fifty credits to replace your door when I'm gone."

"What do you want?" the creature demanded in a raspy voice.

"Kilmor Katarn," Caster said.

"Relative of Kyle Katarn," the creature replied.

"Dead," Caster went on.

"Saber duel," the creature added.

"Who?" Caster asked.

"Sith," the creature answered.

"Who?" Caster repeated.

The creature hesitated. "Darth Tepe."

"Were you there?" Caster wondered.

"I have cameras everywhere, especially in Welmin's place," the creature huffed. "That place seems to be a breeding ground for action and bad business. I keep my eye on it."

"Thank you," Caster said, turning to leave.

"Payment?" the creature inquired. Caster paused.

"Your door," he answered.

"Further payment?" the creature pressed. Caster sighed and tossed another chip.

"Fifty credits," he said. The creature smiled and Caster left the room through the broken doorway.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 02:25 PM
((Might as well add some excitement :p))

"This is a transmission from Nik Rolas. I wish to report the murder of a Jed--"
The long streaks of stars suddenly shortened into dots again as Nik lurched out of hyperspace. He fell forward from the momentum and slammed his head on the dashboard, dropping the comlink. The connection went dead, and as Nik looked around, he noticed the sudden absence of small lights winking at him from various control panels.
"Uh oh," Nik said.
The radio exploded with static. "Don't attempt to override the system shutdown, Jedi! It is futile. In fact, it would benefit you more if you didn't resist at all when we board you." The transmission ended with a long laugh that eventually dissolved into static.
Without wasting a second, Nik pulled out his lightsaber and activated it. The dark cockpit was suddenly lit dimly by the green blade. Nik then kicked open the door to the cargo hold and stood in a ready stance, facing the exit door at the back of the cramped hold, ready for anything.

He could feel the vibrations of a tractor beam pulling his starfighter towards the enemy ship above him.

Writer
08-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Caster flew to the Jedi Academy. When he arrived, he went immediately to find Luke.

"Caster?" Luke exclaimed. "I hadn't expected to see you again."

"Didn't Alyssa make it back yet?" Caster asked, surprised. Luke shook his head.

"She ran into you, then?" he asked.

"I was sitting with Nik Rolas," Caster answered. "He was the one Alyssa was sent to look for."

"And Kilmor," Luke added. Caster nodded.

"Kilmor's dead," he said. "Killed by Darth Tepe. Has Nik arrived yet?"

"No," Luke answered.

"Spast," Caster breathed. Luke smiled.

"You definitely picked up that habit from spending time with Kyle," he said.

"His favorite word," Caster muttered. "When was the last time you heard from Alyssa?"

"Just before she entered Welmin's Cantina," Luke answered. Caster glanced around.

"See if you can find Riebe," he said. "And get Kyle. We have to find Alyssa and Nik. Both of them left before I did and neither of them have arrived here yet."

"That is a problem," Luke mused.

"Skywalker!" Kyle called. "We received a transmission from Nik Rolas, but it was interrupted... Caster? What are you doing here?"

"I'm preparing to launch an unplanned rescue mission," Caster growled. "I was with Nik and Alyssa in Welmin's Cantina. Both of them left before I did and neither of them have come here."

"Spast," Kyle muttered. "If you need help, I'll be glad to offer it."

"I'll get to work on finding Riebe," Luke said. "You two come up with a plan of finding them."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 03:18 PM
A clang reverberated through the small ship as the door hit the ground in two smoking pieces. Nik waited for the barrage of laser bolts, but none came. Instead, he saw something glint in the smoke.
Nik's stomach lurched. Oh, no. A vibroaxe. Only pirates used those.
A small hum emenated(sp?) from it as the wielder activated it and stepped through the door.
He was tall and muscular, with a scar running across his forehead and blaster scorches on his arms. He had long, dirty dreadlocks that swung with his movement. Transfixed by his opponent, Nik didn't even register the glinting dart that suddenly flashed over the pirate's shoulder. The dart hit him too fast for him to react. He passed out before hitting the ground.
"I love the effect I have on people," chuckled the pirate leader as he motioned for his men to pick up the body.

Writer
08-30-2005, 04:52 PM
When Nik awoke, he was locked away somewhere inside the pirate ship. Somebody was nudging him with a foot. When he awoke, there was a sigh of relief.

"About time you woke up," Alyssa Renolin said.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Nik squinted at her. "A-Alyssa? You...you...y-you..." He gave up and scanned his surroundings groggily. "Where are we?"

Writer
08-30-2005, 06:46 PM
"On a pirate ship," Alyssa answered quietly. "They've taken our lightsabers, but have not bothered to restrain us in any other way... unless you might possibly like to count the chains around our wrists... easily enough gotten out of."

She smiled. "I'd have gotten out of mine already were it not for you being still unconscious... and the fact that whatever drug they knocked us out with is still pretty strong in my system."

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 07:13 PM
"Easy?" said Nik incredulously, bending his wrists every which way. "I can't get out of these!"

Writer
08-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Alyssa chuckled quietly. "Relax for a few more minutes while I work to purge this drug from my system and I'll help."

She closed her eyes. After a moment, she opened them "While I'm working on this, you might try thinking of other ways besides physical force that might get you free of your restraints." Her eyes closed again.

Joetheeskimo
08-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Nik got up and walked over to the dim glow lamp nestled in the corner of the room. He kicked the side, shattering the glass, and held the chains against the wires. The small jolts of electricity moving from wire to wire burned off the cuffs.
Nik muttered, "Not the most conventional method, but..."

Writer
08-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Alyssa's eyes snapped open when Nik burned off his cuffs.

"Not quite what I was thinking..." she muttered. She held up her own cuffed hands. "The lock is a very simple contraption. It can be manipulated through the Force." She demonstrated and her cuffs fell off. With a big stretch, she stood and moved to the door. Unlike the cuffs, the lock mechanism on the door was highly complex.

"I guess they know a little about dealing with Jedi," Alyssa smiled.

__________________________________________________ ___

Meanwhile, Caster and Kyle were working on a plan to find Alyssa and Nik, but weren't getting very far on it.

"They could be anywhere by now," Kyle snapped when Caster's plans seemed to search only a narrow section of the galaxy. "And they may not even be together."

"Something tells me they are," Caster insisted. Kyle frowned.

"I still say it's pirates, working individually of each other," he said. Caster nodded.

"And I agree," he said. "But they are quite likely working for the same person," he replied. "Think of it, Kyle. Two Jedi have gone missing at almost the exact same time. It has to be a planned attack."

"Kyle, Caster," Luke said, coming in. "I've contacted Riebe. As you can well imagine, she's very mad."

"Uh oh," Kyle muttered. "That's not fun."

"Help me out, guys," Caster said. "I don't know her that well... just met once or twice in passing."

"And that's more than you'll ever need to know about Riebe Sothe," Luke smiled. "If you've seen her on better behavior, picture that times ten."

"A little spitfire, eh?" Caster grinned.

"Don't let her hear you say that," Kyle warned. Caster nodded.

"We still have the problem of the Beaurecratic Council," he said. "They'll never agree to let us mount a search and rescue operation without knowing where the missing Jedi are."

"They're scared of Riebe," Kyle laughed. "She'll make them do what we want when she gets here."

"She has that kind of influence?" Caster wondered.

"On everyone she meets," Luke answered.

Joetheeskimo
08-31-2005, 08:16 AM
Nik gave up on the lock and turned to Alyssa. "Most pirates kill all in their path and loot the ship," he pointed out. "Why did they spare and capture us? What do they want from us?"

Writer
08-31-2005, 02:20 PM
"They've probably been hired to capture us," Alyssa answered. "They're most likely working for somebody who wants us alive... that's why I'm working so hard at getting us freed."

Joetheeskimo
08-31-2005, 05:22 PM
"But who would want me?" Nik gestured at himself. "I'm just a random Padawan learner! Your'e a Council member, okay, but a Padawan?"

(Btw, is Riebe the one who wants us? Or do I have my facts messed up :indif: ))

Writer
08-31-2005, 05:42 PM
((You got your facts messed up... Riebe is Alyssa's former master. She's mad because Alyssa is missing and is on her way to meet up with Caster, Luke, and Kyle. When she reaches the Academy, she'll 'persuade' the Beaurecratic Council to let them go on a mission to find Alyssa and Nik. :) ))

"Wrong place, wrong time," Alyssa shrugged. "They may also be looking to bait me into giving them information by torturing you... in the end, I can't honestly say I know."

Joetheeskimo
08-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Nik inspected the cell door for a window. There was none. He stretched out a hand, feeling for lifeforms.
"There's a guard directly outside our door," said Nik, turning. "Do you think we could somehow use the Force on him to secure our escape?"

Writer
08-31-2005, 09:56 PM
"Maybe," Alyssa answered thoughtfully. Suddenly, she smiled. "Nik, put your hands behind your back... like you're cuffed. I think I've figured out that lock on the door. If we're still 'cuffed', the guard won't have time to yell."

She put her own hands behind her back...

"How could you let this happen?" Riebe demanded. Luke held up his hands in protest.

"It was out of our control," he said. Riebe sighed.

"Fine," she said. "It was out of your control. But couldn't you have sent more than one person? Always send two at a time! I don't care if the one you want to send is on the Council. Always send two. Always!"

"You want to find her, then?" Kyle asked. Riebe glared at him.

"Yes, I want to find her," she snapped. Turning to Caster, she said, "And you'll be going with me."

"Why me?" Caster wondered. Riebe muttered something about incompetence.

"Because you're the one who's supposed to be training Nik now," she retorted.

"Not until the Beaurecratic Council agrees," Luke injected calmly. Riebe frowned.

"Beaurecrats don't belong in the Jedi," she told him. "You should have chosen your Council better." She sighed. "Fine... I'll talk to them."

"About the mission too?" Luke pressed.

"Why should they care about the mission?" Riebe snapped. "Caster is an Exile. I am merely an Honorary Jedi. Why should they care what we do?"

"Because you are recognized as Jedi throughout the galaxy," Kyle answered. Riebe nodded shortly.

"Of course," she said. "Fine, I'll talk to the BC."

She left the room and Luke breathed a sigh of relief.

"The spitfire of spitfires," Caster muttered, watching her go. Luke nodded.

"She is a very draining individual," he said softly. "Both physically and mentally."

"And I'm supposed to go on this mission too?" Caster wondered. Kyle patted him on the back.

"Don't fight it," he said. "She might get physical if you do..."

A look of horror crossed Caster's face and Luke laughed.

"Don't worry, Cast," he said. "Riebe's just a little worked up because her former apprentice is missing. She's actually quite friendly... once you get to know her."

"If you say so," Caster said uncertainly.

Joetheeskimo
08-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Nik put his hands behind his back, trusting Alyssa completely. "Uh...go ahead."

((I just realized you have exactly 400 more posts than me...I've got 2,471 and you've got 2,871. And all just from role-playing :xp: ))

Writer
09-01-2005, 01:19 AM
Alyssa closed her eyes for a moment. There was a soft clank and the door opened. Alyssa's eyes opened immediately and she stared at the door as if in surprise. The guard was even more surprised and entered the cell. On Alyssa's command, the door slammed shut behind him and Alyssa reached for his arm.

"What the..." the guard exclaimed. But that's all he could get out. Alyssa clamped the cuffs around his wrists and knocked him out. Then, she opened the door again and stepped out cautiously.

((Wow, that's cool... but it's not true any more :p ))

Joetheeskimo
09-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Nik glanced at the guard before poking his head out of the cell and following Alyssa.

Darth Rythe
09-02-2005, 08:44 AM
"Yo!, barman, Another ale, I'm going to be here for a while"

Writer
09-03-2005, 05:23 PM
((Hey, Rythe... welcome back! but the two of us who are actively participating in this thread aren't in Welmin's Cantina any more... Joe's character, Nik and one of my characters have been captured by pirates who are taking them to somebody who obviously knows how to keep Jedi as captives... seeing as you're Darth Rythe... I'm curious, is this you we're being taken to? That might be a way to rejoin.))

Suddenly, there was laughter and Alyssa and Nik were pushed by an invisible force back into the cell and the guard was dragged out.

"Foolish, Jedi," the voice said. "Did you really think we'd be so unprepared to hold Jedi?"

"We could hope..." Alyssa muttered. The door slammed shut.

Joetheeskimo
01-21-2006, 11:13 AM
(Massive bump)

*Endures dirty glares from various people*

((Eh, what story were we role-playing here again? Think we could just return back to the bar? It seems aas if there's an RPG that was going here that didn't take place in the cantina. Wildjedi?))

Writer
01-21-2006, 11:51 AM
((Yep... joe, you an' me moved it out of the cantina hoping to give it a little more life... but that obviously didn't work :p So either you and I could continue in this train of thought or we could return it to the cantina... but the only thing that seems to happen at the cantina is a few short conversations and then a fight and then the cantina gets blown up... and then rebuilt....))

Redwing
01-27-2006, 08:28 PM
((*decloaks for random comment* Hey, in the XWA "Cantina" RPGs that only happened once. XD

*recloaks* >_>))

Writer
01-27-2006, 09:04 PM
((Yeah, yeah, you just had to point out a superior 'Cantina', didn't ya? :p ))

Flamehart
01-27-2006, 09:53 PM
((Just to make ours better...we shall build an exterior of the cantina that is impervious to even the blast of the Death Star..! When someone finds such a material...let me know >.< ))

Redwing
01-28-2006, 06:28 AM
((You want quantum-crystalline armor (http://www.theforce.net/swenc/testdescr2.asp?search=20022&tab=d). XD))

Joetheeskimo
01-28-2006, 09:12 AM
((Yeah, they used that stuff on the sun crusher. They were able to send the Sun Crusher into the middle of a white-hot, gassy planet and it didn't take a scratch.

Suit you? :p))

Writer
01-28-2006, 12:58 PM
((Heh... yep, that's how we'll keep our cantina from ever being destroyed again! :p Then again, if all we're doing is talking OOC, what's the point of that?? :D ))

Flamehart
01-28-2006, 10:17 PM
((For bragging rights. What else?))

Joetheeskimo
01-29-2006, 09:19 AM
One good old day, Nik Rolas strolled into the Cantina, whistling the Barney theme. "What's cookin'?" he asked the survivor-of-many-weirdo-RP's, Welmin. "I hear you've got some pretty strong stuff on the outside of the cantina. The Imperials have been testing it with periodic airstrikes."

((Let's start the RP :p))

Writer
01-29-2006, 02:31 PM
"Even a shot from the Death Star couldn't penetrate," a voice from the corner called. Caitlin Bryce was in her usual spot, but she had several others with her. To her right was her constant companion and former apprentice, Erica West. To her left was Riebe Sothe and Riebe's former apprentice, now Jedi Council member, Alyssa Renolin. On the other side of Erica sat Caster Vol and next to him sat Nom and Tarila Vilnov.

"That's assuming the Imperials are gonna make another Death Star," Nom chuckled.

Alyssa leaned forward. "That's not likely... they're sort of scattered at the moment. I doubt they could even come up with the manpower in one place to do something like that."

"Underestimating them is what got the Old Republic in trouble," Riebe warned.

"I'm not underestimating them," Alyssa objected. "Merely stating how scattered and leaderless they are."

"Hey, Nik!" Caster called. "What's your take on the subject?"

Black Knight of Keno
01-29-2006, 02:35 PM
"For what I have heard, Emperor Rythe has made no plans of destroying Welmin's" an oddly familiar voice said and Darth Tepe stepped from the back room. He grinned and took his hood off and shook his ead at them. "The old gang is partly gathered. Only a few of the oldies are missing"

Writer
01-29-2006, 02:41 PM
"And a few new people are here," Nom said, clearing his throat. "I am one of them."

A few scattered voices from Caitlin's corner agreed.

"We are too," another voice said, coming into the Cantina from the front entrance. Nadira DelCarr spoke and her companions were Gavin and Briana Starr. Briana looked over to Caitlin's corner.

"Sorry we're late," she said.

"No such thing as late in a place like this," Erica told her. "Come have a seat."

"So, Tepe, what's been happening since we saw you last?" Caitlin wanted to know.

Black Knight of Keno
01-29-2006, 02:45 PM
"It's the same as usual. Rythe controls the Empire, Welmin is doing well financially and I'm still a part-time guardian of this cantina, I suppose" he said and took a seat next to Caitlin. "It seems the galaxy is still a mess with everyone shooting at each others al lthe time" he noted and looked around at the group with a smirk

Writer
01-29-2006, 02:52 PM
"That's where a place like Welmin's comes in handy," Caitlin chuckled, gesturing to the, 'If you have a fight, take it outside' sign plainly visible over the bar.

Flamehart
01-29-2006, 03:31 PM
"Hey, you guys still hang out here?" asked a voice with slight amusement in its tone. Strider, Craig, whatever people knew him by, walks in donned in his usual red cloak. "How's it going everyone?" he asked with a grin. "I was in the area, noticed the new outer construction too, thought I'd drop by to see if any of the regulars would still be here and sure enough, here you all are," he said.

Writer
01-29-2006, 03:46 PM
"Yeah, we still come here," Caitlin said with a grin. "Though we seem to be in some sort of strange parallel were time makes no difference. I'm just as young as I was when the Trade Federation set up a blockade around Naboo."

"I'm as young as when Caitlin took me as her apprentice," Erica said.

"I'm just as old as ever," Riebe said, amused.

"At this age, I'd still be living at home with my parents," Nadira laughed.

"I wouldn't be an exile of the Jedi at my age," Caster said.

"I think I'd have just joined the Jedi," Alyssa said.

"We're about the ages we'd be known as some of the top assassins for hire," Nom said quietly.

"And I'm not even sure we're supposed to be born," Gavin said, "but we're at the age we were Knighted."

"What is the current time frame anyway?" Caitlin asked. "What are the current events?"

Flamehart
01-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Strider blinked. "I think this planet must've lost loop with the space-time continuum then. Must've been the times this cantina's been blown up..." he mused. "Least, from what I've been up to, the "current events" on my side is that I'm back in the Order and doing missions for them. And yeah, like Riebe, old as ever," he said with a grin.

FalloutMan
01-29-2006, 05:45 PM
A man walks in with a blaster rifle slung loosly over his back and a pistol hanging just above his fingertips. He is wearing some flight pants and a shirt that says "Federal Booby Inspecter" in big white letters. The security droids look up at him with trepidation as his combat boots thunk over to the bar. He sits down and pulls out a cigar and lights it. The smoke is sweet as he takes a long drag and blows it out. He leans on the counter slightly turned tward the other people, watching...

Writer
01-29-2006, 05:47 PM
"That'd be how you and Riebe and Alyssa know who we are," Briana said thoughtfully.

"It's odd, really," Caitlin said. "I remember many things that at my apparent age, I should not. It's almost as if trapped in these bodies, we have knowledge of all things that have happened to us." She paused for a moment and continued with a strange smile. "I still remember the day my physical life ended."

"I remember wars that I know hadn't taken place before I came here," Alyssa said thoughtfully.

"I remember Nom and me giving up our job as assassins to pursue more legal work," Tarila added. "Yet, my body says I'm seventeen and that didn't happen until a year later."

FalloutMan
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
The unnamed man finally orders a drink. "house special, please" he slaps a credit down on the bar in exchange for the liquid. With a gust of craziness, he knocks his head back and drains the whole cup in one gulp. The liquid burns all teh way down and his eyes start to water. The bartender pushes a glass of water toward him and he drains it just as quickly. People glance up but say nothing, maybe to be kind.
The man finally speaks. "Is anyone up for a game of Sabacc?"

Joetheeskimo
02-01-2006, 11:17 PM
"Craig," says Nik. "Kilmor Katarn knew you. He was a regular. He's dead now," Nik said, his eyes moving momentarily, almost unoticeably, to Tepe's face and then back to Craig's.

Flamehart
02-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Strider nodded, "I remeber him," he said. He bowed his head lightly, then rose it. "Good man, good ally. Working with him has always been a privilege."

Black Knight of Keno
02-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Tepe chuckled at the mention of Kilmor's name.
"Indeed. He was..." he said and grinned mischievously to himself, remembering what happened back then. He crossed his arms infront of his chest and leaned back.
"...but a jedi nontheless" he finished and gave another chuckle

Joetheeskimo
02-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Contempt flashed across Nik's face, and then he calmed his features and sat back to enjoy his drink.

Flamehart
02-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Strider grinned over at Tepe. "Guess that means you hold a bit of disagreement with myself as well, now that I'm part of the Order once more?" he asked, humor in his tone.

Writer
02-02-2006, 06:46 PM
"Not to mention most of us in this corner," Caitlin laughed. "All of us but Nom and Tarila have had Jedi training at some point in our lives."

"Though my first was Sith," Riebe chuckled. "But I've trained a few Jedi in my time as well... most of them here."

Caitlin, Alyssa, Gavin, and Briana raised their hands, indicating that Riebe had taught them.

"And I've taught a couple," Caitlin said. Erica and Nadira raised their hands.

"All in all, that covers all the Jedi in the corner," Tarila said.

"All but me," Caster said with a smile.

"Amusing really," Nom said thoughtfully. "How there are so many Jedi and only one Sith and yet Welmin refuses to let fights happen."

"Both Jedi and Sith have credits," Welmin chuckled. "Both spend them here. A fight would damage business."

Flamehart
02-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Strider merely shrugged and said, "I'm surprised the Order let me in no questions asked, due to my history, but I guess all the years of helping the Republic when and where I can as a mercenary must've paid off in my favor."

Black Knight of Keno
02-03-2006, 02:30 PM
"I have killed already one jedi for this year. Besides, welmin won't be happy if I continue killing off jedi in his back room. Especially if they are respected jedi like Kilmor. Right, Welmin?"
"Yah. You keep your hands off of my regulars"
"See? He's grown grumpy over the years"

Writer
02-03-2006, 04:15 PM
"Exactly how many years has it been?" Caitlin asked. "I know I didn't visit Welmins when I was nineteen... so this body of mine is out of place... what's the current year? And a few current events would be nice, just so I know exactly where I'm at in time."

A chorus of agreements came from the corner.

Flamehart
02-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Strider replied, "As for current events..two years ago I stopped being a mercenary and was redeemed into the Jedi Order. I've been serving with them since and, according to Luke, I've been a "great asset" to them."

Writer
02-03-2006, 07:23 PM
"Time and space are definitely messed up, then," Erica said thoughtfully. "When that happened, I was nearing sixty, if memory serves... yet here I am looking nineteen!"

She glanced around the corner. "Come to think of it, all of us but Caster, Nom, and Tarila look to be around nineteen!"

Joetheeskimo
02-12-2006, 07:20 PM
"My age doesn't matter, because I'm not one of the golden oldies like Kilmor," Nik grumbled.

Writer
02-12-2006, 08:04 PM
"Our point is that the timeline seems to have gotten skewed for all of us to be looking this way and sitting together," Caitlin said. "It matters little who you are or what your history is. As we're all here and most of us appear to be nineteen... well I don't know, it makes me want to see if there's something we can do about setting the timeline straight."

"Oh, boy," Erica chuckled. "That'd be a challenge."

Flamehart
02-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Strider shook his head. "Let's not. Messing with time is always a messy issue, and we don't want any old friends here to just drop dead because we figured it out now do we?" he asked.

Writer
02-12-2006, 09:22 PM
"Messing with time is the reason we're all nineteen!" Caitlin laughed. "Before it got screwed up, I was resting peacefully, one with the Force! Now look at me! Nineteen again."

Flamehart
02-12-2006, 10:21 PM
"I guess it phases me less. I've been around 24 to 26 for four thousand years, so either way I haven't aged a second," replied Strider with a shrug.

Writer
02-13-2006, 01:11 AM
I've been seventeen to nineteen for 2000," Riebe smiled. "I'm in the same boat as Strider."

"Yeah, well think of those of us who've aged normally," Alyssa complained. Riebe laughed and shrugged.

"I suppose it is odd to see you all at the ages I started training you," she said thoughtfully.

Joetheeskimo
02-13-2006, 09:58 AM
((This is the funniest conversation ever :xp: ))

Flamehart
02-14-2006, 07:57 PM
"So appreciate your youth, don't try to end it. Gosh, you kids want to grow up faster and faster these days," said Strider with a joking grin.

Joetheeskimo
07-16-2006, 05:28 PM
*Bump*

((I think we should either keep this or the Black Viper Bar (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143988) active - every good RPG forum needs a quiet cantina for everyone to just plain talk and start new RPG's. :)))

Sigundr
07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
*I hope you guys don't mind if I join. This seems like a cool RP*

Vode An steps into the cantina and looks around.

"Hey, Vode! Long time no see, eh? What scum of the earth have gotten into your way? Eh he he heh." Wilman asks.

"The dead kind," Vode replies, taking his Mandalorian helmet off.

(appearance is here http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=80292&page=5)

Joetheeskimo
07-17-2006, 09:56 AM
(('Wilman'? :p))

As soon as the man walks in, a chill runs through Kin's body. The man carries an air of power with him. Then, when the helmet comes off, Kin sees the eyes. He quickly turns and looks at his drink.

((Kin will be in two places at once right now - Black Viper Bar and Welmin's Cantina.))

Sigundr
07-17-2006, 11:43 AM
(Nice Joe. Thanks for that "air of power" thing for Vode.)(I meant Welmin.)

Vode noticed a man out of the corner of his eye look at him for a second, then went back to an in depth study of his drink. Vode walked up to the bar and sat down.

"What'll it be Mandalorian?" Welmin asked, his wings flapping madly.

"Strongest alcohol you got." Vode answered.

Sigundr
07-17-2006, 11:55 AM
(Here's his appearance.)

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/5fc46e0406.jpg

Black Knight of Keno
07-17-2006, 01:25 PM
The sith sat quietly on his seat, looking at the newcomer. He grumbled quietly and hen muttered out loud; "Great... A Mandalorian. That's all we need" and stood up just to walk to the bar, swinging his cape out of the way before he sat down next to the mandalorian and looked at him from below the shadows of his hood.
"Who are you and why do you come here? The sith do not like the presence of mandalorians in this Cantina. It has been wrecked several times because of your kind" he said, moving his hand so that his cape moved and revealed a lightaber hanging on his other side, another one hanging hidden on his other.

Sigundr
07-17-2006, 03:36 PM
"As you will see," Vode said, opening the armor plate the housed his double-bladed lightsaber, "I'm not like them. I don't cause trouble. And if I kill someone, it's because I have to." He said, taking his gaze from his drink to the Sith. "And besides, I'm a friend of Welmin."

Joetheeskimo
07-17-2006, 04:13 PM
((No offense, Royal Guardian, but I kind of think it's unrealistic for you to carry a lightsaber...here are a few reasons why.

1. All the Fetts were Mandalorians, but they supported neither the Jedi nor the Sith. They disliked Force users unless paid a lot. So I don't think a Mandalorian would actually be a Force user.
2. I think you're trying to be two factions at once: Mandalorians are their own faction, and could kill a Jedi if they wanted to - but with their gun; without even needing a lightsaber. (In fact, even Ghez Hokan from Hard Contact thought the lightsaber was for softies; he managed fine with his own rifle). Sith prefer not to use guns, only their lightsaber. Each faction is extremely powerful in its own right - why do you need to be both?
3. In the Black Viper Bar, you start cleaning your DC-17. Why carry around such a versatile gun if you, being a Sith, could hold up your hand and absorb DC-17 fire, or deflect it with the lightsaber? You would probably favor the lightsaber, anyway.

This is just my opinion. I'm not telling you to change. It's just a little odd.))

Kin quietly eavesdropped on their conversation, as the bar was not very noisy and there was not much else to do.

Black Knight of Keno
07-17-2006, 04:27 PM
"This is a place for outcasts and people who do not want to be known of by the factions that rule this galaxy. You seem to be an outcast for your looks. A Mandalorian with a lightsaber and a scarred body beneath that armour mean you are hunted by someone. The gloating of your killed aquaintances and the cold look in your eyes make you a harsh killer, like all your warrior kind. You are definately no better than the rest of you mandalorian scum" he said and looked at the man with a mischievous grin, a slight coldness flashing from his eyes as he thought of al lthe bounty hunters, some of the thoughters ones being mandalorian, that he had slain.

Sigundr
07-17-2006, 10:41 PM
((Good point joe. I have that book Hard Contact, love it. I just didn't bring that quote to mind. I'll just make him change it to that he killed a Sith and took it from him. He just uses it as a cutting tool, for repairs on his ship. Now that it has been brought to my mind, I will never give him a lightsaber again. Thank you.))

"Just 'cause I carry a lightsaber, doesn't mean I use it. Lightsabers are for softies, like you. The only true weapon in this galaxy is a blaster. Not a sissy sword that can't even go through my armor. Yep, I got this from a Sith," Vode said, his tone changing to one of sadistic amusement. "He begged for his life. As you already know, I gave it to him, for about 2 seconds. Then his blood splattered my armor, when my vibroblade cut through his throat." Vode said, momentarily ejecting the vibroblade in his gauntlet. "I don't regret it for a second. And don't call me scum again. Mandalorians are better warriors and people than the screwed up Sith." Vode said, taking a sip from his glass.

topshot
07-17-2006, 11:59 PM
A 20-years-old young man, hooded in a black cloak, enters the bar, ignoring comments from passersby, and seats himself at a booth in the farthest northern corner. A familiar, thoughtful gaze, coming from his face; a face swathed in bandages peers out across the area, searching for old faces from years past, new faces, or anything else that looks remotely interesting.

Even if the Cantina looks different than before, he sighs, it'll always feel like my home away from home.

"So, what can I do for yeh, stranger?"

"......water."

"What? Speak up!"

"Get me some water....."

Black Knight of Keno
07-18-2006, 05:19 AM
"You forget that you have made the gravest mistake of all when a sith is nearby" he said and in a split of a second, his other lightsaber was burning against his naked throath.
"And it was no Sith you killed. There are always two, and only two. Lord Rythe is one, I am the second. So the pleasure you recieved was from a pathetic example of a dark jedi" Darth Tepe said, pushing the blade slightly against him some more, slowly leaving probably lifetime burnmarks on his Mandalorian skin.
"I could cut your throath, scum, but I'll leave it for someone who would have challenge from fighting you. I have killed some of the greatest Mandalorian warriors of this day and have slaughtered clones enought not to be messed with. If I want to call you scum, I will call you scum, and there is nothing you can do about it without losing mere limbs or your life" he noted, deactivating the lightsaber but holding it in his hand, even if he could easily stop an attack from the Mandalorian with a single force strike at him

Writer
07-18-2006, 11:56 AM
((To keep myself from becoming so confused, I'm comin' in with the two characters I started with in Welmin's... :) ))

Two familiar Jedi slipped in and made their way to a familiar corner. The elder of the two had blonde hair and blue eyes; the younger was a redhead with green eyes. They stood at about the same height; five feet, three inches. The elder had a single lightsaber clipped to her right side while the younger had a saber at each side. Once, they were master and apprentice; now, they are friends and partners, a Master and a Knight; Caitlin Bryce and Erica West.

They ordered non-alcoholic drinks from Welmin and sat back to observe the goings-on at Welmin's Cantina.

topshot
07-18-2006, 02:22 PM
"Here's your stinkin' water....."

He took the cup from the barkeep, without batting an eye, and had a sip. Ice cold water that never lost its taint and purified water was hard to find in bars he'd been to. Normally, he'd only ask for Ale, but today was a different day for him. Let's just say he was a different person and needed a little R & R.

The commotion between Tepe and the bounty hunter caught his attention for a brief moment, but then he went back to sipping water from his cup. Vode's thoughts about Mandalors or bounty hunters being different compared to Sith were different his own.

Scum will always be scum, no matter what pretty little names you call 'em. Top's master believed it should be that way. He wanted it that way. Lucky for him, he didn't.

Flamehart
07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
((Gonna be in two places at once like everyone else :P))

A man donned in a black cloak, underneath which he wore a traditional Republic-era Jedi tunic, black in color with red tabbards, stepped into the cantina. His steel-toed boots, an odd contrast to his Jedi outfit, thumped softly on the floor with a familiar step in them. The man had penetrating blue eyes, his hair was long, and he wore a red bandana. He smiled as he walked in, recognizing the Welmin's Cantina he once visited quite frequently.

Welmin chuckled as the man walked in through the door. "Well if it isn't Strider...Haven't seen you around in these parts for a long time. What'll it be?"

Strider Flamehart chuckled, and replied, "Just a water, Welmin." He walked up to the bar and took the water Welmin gave him, then turned to the other occupants of the bar. "How's it goin' everyone? Thought I'd come check out the old hangout, see if anyone was still here."

Joetheeskimo
07-18-2006, 09:20 PM
((Topshot!! It's been a while! :D

Dammit, this makes me wish Kilmor were still alive. :( All of the Golden-Oldies are returning to Welmin's Cantina.))

EDIT: ((Come to think of it, we never found out where Kilmor's body ended up...the last time I mentioned Kilmor's body was when Kin loaded it on his ship and took off, and then was subsequently captured by pirates........hmmm.....nobody knows where Kilmor's body is. Hmmm.....:naughty: ))

Sigundr
07-19-2006, 12:39 AM
((Um, you know Tepe, I'm not stupid, underneath that saber housing, note i use the word HOUSING, is another layer of armor. Jesus, I'm not that stupid, and second, he has a flame resistant body glove on. God, Mandalorians are decked out, you should know that. And second, the vibroblade part, I used the word, "MOMENTARILY!!!!!", that means he pullled it back in after the sentence, sheesh Tepe, pick up the context clues.))((Oh, and, uh, Welmin has defensive measures to prevent this, put your sabers up, softy.))

Sigundr
07-19-2006, 12:42 AM
((Oh, and, uh, QUESTION! Why can't there just be at least one, ONE, respectable Mandalorian out there? You know, not all Mandalorians are bad, evil and harsh yah know. God, talk about over kill.))

Flamehart
07-19-2006, 01:40 AM
((Edit your post next time rather than double posting. I'm no mod, but just future advice.

Secondly, it's a stereotype that many long-time inhabitants has built up. They aren't saying you aren't a respectable Mandalorian, they're just saying they assume you to be bad news.

However, not everyone has this stereotype, such as my character for example, who has no problem whatsoever and gives most people the benefit of the doubt.))

Joetheeskimo
07-19-2006, 11:20 AM
((Um, you know Tepe, I'm not stupid, underneath that saber housing, note i use the word HOUSING, is another layer of armor. Jesus, I'm not that stupid, and second, he has a flame resistant body glove on. God, Mandalorians are decked out, you should know that. And second, the vibroblade part, I used the word, "MOMENTARILY!!!!!", that means he pullled it back in after the sentence, sheesh Tepe, pick up the context clues.))((Oh, and, uh, Welmin has defensive measures to prevent this, put your sabers up, softy.))

I kinda agree with Royal Guardian, I don't think it was fair for you to do all of that in one post, Tepe...you should have given him a chance to react...

Black Knight of Keno
07-19-2006, 11:23 AM
((Fine, I'll edit the post. And Royal Guardian, the systems have never worked. That's why the cantina has been smashed and rebuilt so many times. Welmin doesn't seem to learn at all from all that destruction and mayhem.

EDIT: I forgot to note that even flame resistant materials burn at some point, and a lightsaber is not a flame. It is a high-powered beam that can make a bulky blast door into liquid form. And if you have another armor beyond the first one, you should mention it. Some description would be nice))

Sigundr
07-19-2006, 12:49 PM
((Okay, I'm sorry, that was my fault, but the lightsaber does give off heat, I thought that was what you were referring to. and beyond the glove, yes, he does have bandages on his scars.))

Flamehart
07-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Strider raised his eyebrow at the commotion. "Trouble hasn't changed a bit," he said, looking around. He nodded a greeting at both Caitlin and Erica with a familiar grin. He turned and also saw Topshot, sitting with his water. "You've been gone awhile. I think the last time I saw you was when i went by Craig still," Strider said.

topshot
07-19-2006, 07:52 PM
"Even with these bandages covering my face," he grins, shedding his hood, "you still recognize me. I'm impressed. Your abilities haven't changed one bit, have they?"

Sigundr
07-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Vode sighed, pushing the lightsaber away from his throat by it's hilt.

"Let's get one thing straight, sithie. I'm a Mandalorian, not a clone, do I look like Jango Fett? No, I don't. Clones are amazing pieces of genes, but I'm not one of them."

Flamehart
07-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Strider grinned back at Topshot. "You've got a Force signature I can't forget. You could turn into a droid and I'd still recognize you. As for changing..well..not entirely true. They did grow, as all powers do," he said.

Black Knight of Keno
07-20-2006, 06:49 AM
"Quite so. The clones are better than you" the sith laughted and turned away from him, ending the conversation by walking away, finding a place sitting with the two female jedi. He drew his hood back and smiled at them warmly.
"Caitlin, Erica. It's been a while. I hope you haven't been spoiling a lot of my plans of taking over the galaxy lately" he said and chuckled, raising his hand in a fist and then four finger up. Welmin grunted back behind the counter and poured something in a cup before walking out and to the sith.
"There's you hot chocolate, kiddo" Welmin said and left back while Tepe grinned and took a sip from the steaming cup

Writer
07-20-2006, 09:04 AM
"Not a lot of them," Caitlin teased. "Just a few."

Shaking her head, she went on, "We've been fairly busy on the Outer Rim... so I suspect we've been fairly well out of your way."

Sigundr
07-20-2006, 09:37 AM
"You're right, Tepe," Vode called after him, "They are."

topshot
07-20-2006, 09:46 AM
"Good. I'd hate to see my eternal rival getting rusty", he chuckles,"Not that that would happen, of course. My abilities, however, have decreased since last we met. Don't understand why they have. I've killed tons of people and robbed their corpses. What more do I need to do?"

Flamehart
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Strider laughed, and replied, "Not sure. Maybe meditate? I don't know, I haven't done so in ages, the Jedi'll probably be nagging me about not having a clear, organized mind before long."

With that, he walked up next to the table in which Tepe, Caitlin, and Erica were at.

"Taking over the galaxy huh? That's why those couples of Sith who know my name from the Sith Hunter days are actually getting to be a challenge lately," Strider said with a joking tone in his voice. "Hrm...Darth Tepe - Emperor of the Galaxy...Got a nice ring to it," he said with a grin.

He turned to Caitlin and Erica, "So what kind of messes are you two getting into in the Outer Rims? I'd hate to be sent by the Council out there to clean up after you two," Strider said with a grin and a laugh.

Writer
07-21-2006, 06:59 PM
The women laughed and Caitlin said, "No, no. There won't be any messes for you to clean up. We promise."

"Political disputes within systems, mostly," Erica said. "A few Jedi going missing out there, some clones malfunctioning and going on a rampage..."

"That was fun," Caitlin interrupted with a grin.

"Well," Erica cut in, "it wasn't fun until we realized they wouldn't listen to any sort of negotiation..."

"Except the aggressive," Caitlin added. Erica raised an eyebrow.

"Shall we say they'll not be bothering anyone any more?" she suggested. Caitlin nodded.

"And what about you, Flamehart?" she asked. "What sorts of things have you been up to?"

Black Knight of Keno
07-21-2006, 08:09 PM
"Heh... Rythe is still the Emperor... I'm just a Sith Lord trying to fight his way out of his master's shadow. That shouldn't be too hard a Rythe hasn't done much while I've been getting major factions on my side slowly over the time" Tepe said and grinned, taking a sip of his hot chocolate.
"Oh, and when it comes to the Outer Rim, I think I'm pretty clear of the area. As long as you leave those planets with my Star Destroyers over them alone so I don't have to do anything I'd regret to you two" he said before raising the cup again to his lips and taking a longer sip than before. The sith leaned back on his chair and relaxed slightly. The cantina was peaceful again, like it should be. He liked it that way. Tepe could go to a rebelling world to annihilate the rebels if he wanted violence. Unfortunately for him, there were no rebelling worlds because offcially he had no worlds under his Sith Dominion, even thought many worlds were ruled by puppet rulers. Darth Tepe was using the old method, perfected by Palpatine, of manipulating weak rulers into doing what the sith tells them to do. Of course he differed by having military presence in these worlds and will eventually take over himself after molding these worlds to his liking and assassinating the weakling rulers

Flamehart
07-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Strider nodded. "Well, tell your star destroyer buddies to stop firing on the Ragnarok when I come into your airspace. They have me registered as a Rebel-allied craft, when half the time I'm either pitstopping or getting something off the market. Not that my ship's shields can't hold them off anyway, but then they like to put places in quarantine to find me and I gotta sneak my way back off," he informed.

Black Knight of Keno
07-22-2006, 03:39 AM
"Meh... I'll try and list the Ragnarok as a freighter, but I doubt it that the Admirals will believe me. They're still living the imperial times, just like the remnants, and all aircraft coming from New Republic territories are possible enemies to them. Oh, why did I ever allow Rythe to give me some of his Admirals. 'But you're my apprentice'... Oh, well. I should get rid of them son anyways and get some better tacticians and modern thinkers into the fleets" Tepe said and shook his head slightly. He took a drink off his hot chocolate and then sighed. His Sith Dominion was strong but still basically powerless while Rythe was leading the Imperial Remnants and the Senate ruled the New Republic

Redwing
07-24-2006, 05:58 AM
((Man. I need to pay more attention to this forum. Stupid college. :P

RoyalGuardian, Flamehart is right, try to limit the double posting.

The rest of this stuff, looks like you worked it out on your own, so, good. If I'd have just read this a few days ago, I could have bitten off some heads. Damn! ;P))

Black Knight of Keno
04-24-2007, 02:20 PM
A dark figure entered the bar once again. This time not lone, however. Two minions of his also entered, however in much less of a spectacular suits as they had been in before. This was their more civilian clothing, even if they had armors and multiple hidden and not hidden weapons around. The one difference was that they didn't wear a large poncho or a helmet, but rather a headset that kept them in touch with HQ and a simple green cape that distinguished them just as well as Dominion Guards. Welmin grumbled as the dark-cloaked figure moved to the bar, the other two heading for a corner booth next to the entrance.

"Whaddya want here? You've been cutting down my business"
"Me? Never. You never had any business to start with, Welmin"
"Bah..."
"Now give me the usual and shut up so I won't have to shut you down for good"
"Right then"

The man removed his hood and smiled at Welmin. His grey lock of hair stood out from the rest of the man who was dressed rather darkly. For once he wore no fancy armor, but rather his old tunic and such which were quite adequate for his needs. Still two lightsabers hung from his sides, the trademark weapons of a Lord we all know. Tepe was back in town.

((Consider this a bump also. Do note that the 'Villains of a War' thread is still active even if I try to get this running too. Welmin just can't pass on :p ))

Flamehart
04-24-2007, 08:42 PM
"The cut in business is actually my fault, Welmin," chimed a voice from the corner. Strider Flamehart could be seen in his usual corner table, chair leaned back, feet propped up as was his usual posture. "Been taking up Bounty Hunting again on my free time for sport. When your usual crowd learned this was my hangout, they tend not to swing by in case I find their bounties too," he said with a grin, then eyed Tepe.

"Well look who it is. Don't you have something important to be doing, buddy, like, dubious plotting of some sort, or uncovering secrets of the Force?" Strider said in jest.

Grace
04-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Just outside Welmin's Cantina, a woman stood completely still, her head angled as if she were sniffing the air. Dark red hair was pulled back in a slightly curling ponytail. Clear blue eyes darted back and forth, not seeming to look at anything no matter which direction they were pointed. She was dressed in a dark, v-neck shirt, black pants, a black women's knee-length jacket made of something not unlike Krayt dragon leather, and black, half-inch-heel boots.

With a final nod of determination, she stepped into the cantina. Her eyes darted from Tepe to Strider, and only then did she glance at Welmin.

"What, you have a bounty on your head that makes you look at the guests before you consider a drink?" Welmin wondered. The woman stared at him for a moment. Then, she laughed.

"Hardly," she answered in her clear, pleasant voice. Only when she went on could anyone tell that she had a rather distinctive accent, difficult to pin to any location in the galaxy. "Merely traveling... and trying to determine what sorts of places I can find."

"And what d'ye think of mine?" Welmin asked curiously. The woman smiled pleasantly.

"A very fine establishment," she answered. Glancing again to Tepe and Strider, she added, "And some very high priority guests you have yourself."

With a nod to Tepe, she greeted, "Lord Tepe of your very own Dominion." To Strider, another nod and a greeting, "Strider Flamehart, former Jedi, former Sith, now Sith Hunter."

"Public figures, it's true," Welmin said, speaking slowly. "You're not an assassin, are you?" He reached slowly below his counter, but the woman laughed again.

"As if I'd get anywhere far against these two!" she exclaimed, still giggling. "Now, if the two Force sensitive gentlemen would like, I encourage them to 'reach out', I believe you call it. See what you feel."

Though externally, this woman looked human, her internal body structure was quite different, including two hearts and a significantly larger lung capacity... and no connection to the Force whatsoever.

"Gentlemen, I'm known as Raquel Annerire," the woman said. With a smirk, she added, "Once upon a time, I was known to a tiny planet in the Outer Rim as the Angel of Death." Frowning thoughtfully, she went on, "It's been an accurate title before... though not that particular time..."

Shrugging, she took a seat and ordered a drink.

Flamehart
04-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Strider smirked. He'd heard of the nickname before. "So you're the one who caused all that ruckus down there," he said. "Public figure? Nah, I'm not a public figure. Just a figure who inconveniently puts himself in public just with a severe lack of anything better to do," said Strider with a smart tone. "As for Tepe, well, he's an old coot with a severe lack of anything better to do," he said again with jest towards Tepe. He'd known Tepe forever, they were friends, and only the conflict over the Sith Dominion had briefly separated him and the Sith Hunters until their reunited allegiance near the end of the war.

"Accurate title before? Sounds like you have a story. Do tell," he urged curiously.

Grace
04-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Raquel laughed. "Oh, that'd take far more time than even you have to waste, Master Flamehart." She fell silent for a moment and then chuckled. "You have a very good memory, by the way. Angel of Death is a 4000 year old alias for me." She frowned. "I think so anyway... what's the year?"

The Doctor
04-25-2007, 12:12 AM
The door to the cantina opened, admitting a non-descript man. He looked human, about 40 to 45 years old. He wore black pants made of a tough, versatile fabric, a dark red jumper that came to a sharp point at the neckline. He also wore a dark brown jacket, just past waist length, with three widely spaced buttons down one side. It was extremely worn and battered, giving the man the look of a weary traveller. His eyes were a strong yet subtle blue, and carried with them an age that far surpassed that of his body.

He smiled in a friendly manner as the Toydarian looked him up and down with a look of mingled curiousity and reservation. "Hullo!" he said, waving to the alien with two fingers. His voice was oddly accented, though it was impossible to place. "Don't s'pose you could spare us a cup'a, could you?"

The Toydarian arched a wrinkly eyebrow ridge. "What're you talkin' about, uh?"

The man sighed. "I travel all the way across Time and Space, and you're tellin' me you can't even brew a dece- mind you, do you still got that stuff Juma Juice? Or has it been banned by now? What year is it, anyway?"

The Toydarian glared at the man, who was now smiling innocently at him from the other side of the counter. "You tryin' be funny, guy?" he asked, reaching beneath the bar and thrusting a Juma Juice at the man.

"Sor'of, yeah," said the man, taking the bottle with a grin.

The Toydarian pressed on. "You from around here?"

"Sor'of yeah," repeated the man.

Welmin grunted as the man took a sip of the Juma, and smacked his lips appreciatively. "Who are you?" he blurted.

The man smiled again. "I'm the Doctor," he said, reaching across the bar to shake the alien's hand. "And no, I'm not from around here. I'm just passing through."

The Toydarian shrugged. "If you're lookin' at stayin' here for any length'a time, I suggest shovin' off. This place ain't no good for 'passing through'"

The Doctor shook his head. "I don' plan on staying long," he said. He nodded his thanks to the bartender, and moved across the room to an emtpy table and sat down, his back to the rest of the patrons.

Flamehart
04-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Strider chuckled. "I've waited four thousand years to be where I am now, a couple of hours would be a nanosecond in my already long life," he responded in kind. "Four thousand years should be about accurate enough," he added.

Grace
04-25-2007, 12:20 AM
"I'm not talking hours," Raquel said with a mysterious smirk. At that moment, the Doctor entered. Raquel withdrew into the corner, completely hidden by the shadows. The Doctor's chosen seat was very close to Raquel's hiding spot. She inched closer quietly. Then, she spoke.

"You're a long time from when I last saw you," she informed him.

Black Knight of Keno
04-25-2007, 02:11 AM
"Old coot? I beg your pardon, but I run a nation and I'm nearing 50. I haven't seen you taking much responsibility in Galactic matters and you're closer to 5,000 years old" Tepe responded to Strider with a chuckle. He took a seat in the middle of the room, watching the Doctor and then Raquel. By the time he took the first sip from his drink, a search was already going in the databanks with their names on it. Just a precaution, but still a necessary one. welmin had upgraded his security systems since the last time the place was blown up and Tepe didn't want him to use the doomsday machines as long as any of the regulars was around. And if there were trouble, it was always better to rip it apart before anything goes awry.

"So, Strider, where's the rest of your posse?" he asked finally with a grin, meaning the apparent disappearing of the Sith Hunters as a larger group.

Sigundr
04-25-2007, 06:06 PM
He strode silently into the cantina, his black cape close on his body. He nodded at Welmin, and the Toydarian placed a glass of Blumfruit on the counter. He took it and gave Welmin an appreciative nod. He walked over to Tepe, the Lord's back to him, and stopped.

"Is that seat taken?" Kaoin said to his former master, his tone friendly.

Flamehart
04-25-2007, 10:02 PM
"Eh, it's typical behavior of me to jet off without them knowing and leave them reeling, wondering 'where the hell did that slime Strider run off to?' If anything, they'll drop by here later out of curiosity to see if I'm here," replied the Sith Hunter with a devious smile.

Strider grinned about Tepe's comments on his responsibilities, and replied, "Just because I've been around so long doesn't mean any of it has ever been my problem."

beretta
04-25-2007, 10:30 PM
*Beretta enters Welmin's cantina*

Hey folks hows the galaxy treating ya *Beretta rests his rebel trooper helmet down on the bar table*

Hey Welmin Give me anything with a buzz to it,I just got back from the valley of the jedi.

Joetheeskimo
04-25-2007, 11:00 PM
((Welmin's Cantina is back?? w00t! :D

...although the excitement is kind of dampened by a certain lack of wildjedi...:())

Black Knight of Keno
04-28-2007, 05:43 AM
"Yeah, well. Taking you're a Galactic citizen and a Sith Hunter, some of it must be your problem" Tepe grunted before hearing Kaoin's question.
"I could've sworn I heard a devious little bastard talking behind me" he said and turned around with a wide smile on his face. Ticking Kaoin off was one of the easiest things to do and now that they were rivals, it was even more exciting.
"Now sit down if you so wish. Shouldn't you be running a nation?"

Sigundr
04-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Kaoin sat down smiling. "Eh, it can run itself. Always seems to." He shrugged. "So, how's the old coot doing, eh? Still bent on galactic domination, or just Welmin's Cantina?" He said, giving a chucle

Flamehart
04-28-2007, 10:05 PM
"Eh, only what directly endangers me or those around me becomes my problem. Anything other than that, I'll let the galaxy handle it," Strider said with a grin.

The Doctor
04-29-2007, 12:11 PM
The man calling himself the Doctor nodded as the woman came up behind him and spoke. "Jus' though I'd come 'round, see what was new while Rose was visiting her Mum. Told her I'd stay put, but... couldn't resist."

Grace
04-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Raquel frowned. "Well... at least it's not like she'll notice you're gone... not when you can come back the same time you left..." Shaking her head, she went on, "but somehow, I remember you complaining once or twice of people 'wandering off'." With a smirk, she asked, "Isn't this much the same?"

The Doctor
04-29-2007, 12:45 PM
"Nah," he said, waving a hand dismissively. "When I complain about people 'wandering off', it's when they know they're in a dangerous situation, they know I've told them to stay put for their own protection, and yet they still feel the need to wander straight into the enemy's clutches. I'm just taking a break."

Grace
04-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Raquel laughed. "Ah yes, it makes all the difference when it's you that wanders off." She smiled. "So what sorts of trouble have you got yourself into since I last saw you?"

The Doctor
04-29-2007, 01:19 PM
"Fought the Nestene Consciousness off of Earth, stopped the Gelth from using the planet's dead to invade, and met a lone Dalek that survived the War. What about you?"

Grace
04-29-2007, 01:37 PM
"Oh, mostly I've just kept to this galaxy," Raquel answered. "They've had some pretty interesting challenges in their time. Don't much go for your attitude of... blast everything to pieces to save the day, That's just not me. And don't go trying to remind me of the time we met just after you regenerated..."

She shook her head. "That was after three years of being stuck here... and not in the most pleasant time frame either, mind you." Taking a deep breath, she added, "That sort of thing has a way of changing a person... but I'm beginning to rediscover myself. Long process... but worth it."

Eusobios
11-23-2007, 08:25 PM
A human male walks into the bar, Jedi by the looks of him. Long blonde hair down to the elbows. a recently-polished lightsaber dangles on his belt as he walks into the cantina. He looks around before walking up to the bar.

Flamehart
11-24-2007, 10:45 PM
The sound of a cloak drifting in the wind was heard as familiar sounding footsteps entered the Cantina.

"Holy...This sonuva bantha fodder still hasn't been blown up again yet has it?"

"The usual, Flamehart?"

"Christ.. no matter how much I change my looks you can tell it's me," Strider replied. His hair was clean cut, short, and platinum now, and his outfit was more rugged, entirely black, and a leather trenchcoat.

"Can't escape me, Strider. You keep disappearing but you just keep coming back," Welmin said.

"One of these days I'mma ditch you and you're gonna regret saying that," Strider said back with a grin.

"Then you'll just come back after a year or so and I can say I told you so," Welmin replied, handing him the drink and laughing at Strider. Strider chuckled in response and turned to the rest of the bar.

"Inhabitants have dwindled a little though, I don't see many familiar faces either," he commented.

Eusobios
11-24-2007, 11:44 PM
The Jedi walks quietly up to the bar and says " Give me a glass of the strongest drink that won't also kill me.."

Writer
11-25-2007, 03:13 AM
"You're just not looking for familiar faces in the right places, Strider," a familiar voice teased from the doorway. There stood a short, young-looking woman with piercing brown eyes and a long brown braid hanging to her waist. She wore a black uniform of some sort, though it had no markings as to rank or any known military. The only marking on the uniform was a stylized 'SH' and for that reason, it was instantly recognizable to Strider, who had once worn a similar uniform of his own.

"Welmin, you never age," Reibe Vailar teased the cantina's owner and bartender. "This cantina is like the place that time forgot or something..."

Flamehart
11-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Strider smiled, pulling aside his coat and showing the same SH logo on his clothing.

"I always liked the rugged look better," he said with a grin. Riebe knew all too well he wasn't one for uniforms.

"And if you guys weren't hiding all the time, I wouldn't have to look in the right places, you guys know I'm lazy," Strider remarked with a grin.

Black Knight of Keno
11-25-2007, 10:31 AM
The backroom door opened with a hiss and an extremely familiar sight came through the door. The figure walked out of the door, dressed like a bounty hunter, but with a deep purple cape behind him. His face and appearance otherwise was like Darth Tepe's, yet he seemed like the Sith Lord had lost thirty years. However, if you looked closely enough, the figure was not quite a duplicate of Tepe. He had some characteristics from another person known by the Hunters, Darth Charna. Indeed, he was the son of these two and had began to visit Welmin's after hearing from the place from his father so many times. Iarod was his name, Iarod Dantes.

The figure looked at the newcomers, each individually and then as a group. His hands went to his belt as he walked to a table near the bar and sat down, nodding at Welmin to bring him his usual drink. Iarod knew not who these newcomers were, but he did recognize one of them from pictures he had seen. Strider Flamehart was the man in leather. By the appearance of the woman's attire, he drew the conclusion of her being a Sith Hunter. He cared not for such matters, however. He was no Sith.

Writer
11-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Reibe laughed. "Who said anything about hiding? What we've been doing is a little more interesting than that. Though I have to admit it's true we haven't concerned ourselves much with galactic affairs..." She crossed the room and sat with Strider, and her voice lowered. This was not something she wanted everyone to hear.

"... information gathering/protecting is more what we've been doing. I started that process quite some time ago... back during my first disappearance. The Watchtower's the hub. I've found some rather fascinating information regarding myself as well..." She paused for a moment. "I'm significantly older than I initially thought..."