PDA

View Full Version : What should Jango have done?

boinga1
12-31-2002, 12:12 PM
After his jetpack was disabled in the arena fight, what should Jango have done?

lukeiamyourdad
12-31-2002, 01:49 PM
I chose flame-thrower because it must be hard to block a flame with a lightsaber

Ratmjedi
12-31-2002, 05:07 PM
I think that he should of just run.
Using hid flamethrower was a good idea but I think that Mace would of just flipped over him.
If he would of run I think that he could of tried hid jetpack a couple of more times and he would of probally gotten it to work.

:lsduel: :duel:

Sivy
12-31-2002, 05:24 PM
he should of negotiated a spin-off deal where he got his own television series.

:D

whatever he did mace would have killed him

Tyrion
01-01-2003, 02:10 AM
Use the flamethrower.

Actually,what I'd do is stay away from the arena and blast Mace Windu with a sniper rifle instead of being a hero.

Mex
01-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Flamethrower.

If Jango used the flamethrower Mace windu would be renamed to Mace Toasty! :D

Jo
01-01-2003, 06:50 AM
he should have run. run like the wind, get the hell outa there...you know what i mean..

Mex
01-01-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Masterjo2588
he should have run. run like the wind, get the hell outa there...you know what i mean..

Mace would jump in front of him and slash his head off. :)

Jo
01-01-2003, 07:43 AM
stop turning things around...he still could have gotton away..what if he sucked his head into his suit as mace cut off the helmet...and thanks for the donation Flanders, i will take more from people..

teutonicknight
01-01-2003, 07:11 PM
I think he sould have come to Anakin and let Anakin fix his rocketpack :)

boinga1
01-01-2003, 07:31 PM
funny...i think knee rockets would be cool, but i already voted
:jango: :slave:

Natty
01-01-2003, 10:49 PM
He shouldn't have gotten his head chopped off

boinga1
01-02-2003, 06:07 AM
hey, this was a serious poll!

Hannibal
01-02-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Flanders
Mace would jump in front of him and slash his head off. :)

If he ran Mace couldn't have killed him because Jedi don't do that. Could you imagine a Jedi hitting someone from behind.

Mace probably would have just captured him fore questioning.

Breton
01-02-2003, 06:38 AM
I think he should have used the flamethrower and run backwards at the same time.

Darth Talliusc
01-02-2003, 11:11 AM
he should have put his hands up and surrendered. do you think an honest jedi would kill a surrendering opponent? i dont. the jedi dont have that ability. if jango had surrendered he would have survived. also i think mace figured out from reports from obi wan that jango was the rocketpacked warrior in front of him. and he knew that jango knew more about this clone situation then he did. jangos information was valuable enough alone to secure his release or at least a lowered sentence. sadly jango was just too confident.

ET Warrior
01-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Run.....run as fast as he could and pray that Mace got distracted by some battle droids....:D

Jedi_Monk
01-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Run. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack. If he hadn't continued to be on the attack, Mace would have had no justification, under the Code, to kill him... and you don't get on the level with Grand Master Yoda in the Jedi hierarchy by breaking the Code. Would've survived if he hadn't been an idiot and forced Mace to defend himself with extreme prejudice :D

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

ET Warrior
01-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Or he could have curled up into the fetal position and cried for his mother.....that also could have worked.....;)

JediNyt
01-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Run. He could have evaded and gained more distance from Windu and then used any other weapon. But youd have to see into the future to know that it was bad to stay and use the jet pack. He was also just run over by a reek and Windu was just too fast for him.

BobaJango
01-07-2003, 01:40 AM
Surrender, and as Mace turns his back TORCH em'! If that fails, run.

Ps. He didn't have a jetpack missle, that particular jetpack exploded during the fight on Kamino.

AgentSmith
01-07-2003, 03:15 PM
His best option would have been to surrender or run, I don't believe Mace Windu, a Jedi would kill a sentient lifeform that is at his mercy through surrender or ha sits back turned.

Deft Aklin
01-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Not knowing that his jet pack was broken, Jango did the exact thing he should have done. For those of you that chose run, that's what he was trying to do. Or at least he was trying to get a bit of distance between himself and Master Windu. If he had known, he would have chosen differently, but he didn't. No point in beating a dead horse.

boinga1
01-09-2003, 01:27 PM
actually the jetpack he had did have a missle, just not as powerful as the one on the other pack (i think). :jango:

ImmolatedYoda
01-09-2003, 05:21 PM
glad to see that no fool has voted for the two pistols because he lost those.

shukrallah
01-10-2003, 01:18 PM
he should have used his flamethrower no jedi can do much when there on fire!

boinga1
01-10-2003, 05:43 PM
actually I think :jango: shot at :mace: (not to mention that unfortunate Coleman Trebor whippersnapper) with one pistol, this is why I included two pistols.

Katarn07
01-10-2003, 07:28 PM
I said run. The Jedi would have captured him, but better that then... well, getting your head chopped off.

SettingShadow
01-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Only a coward runs........ :D , Dart Shooters sounds like a good option... most people would propably had their head dispatched from their body even sooner than Jango, without his jetpack, hes pretty screwed. Sure he could have rolled and stuff but still, Mace would have dispatched his head or any other body parts after a while... so run would be the best option.

Lionen
01-10-2003, 08:52 PM
I bet Mace Windu would have had a way of defending himself if Jango would have used his flamethrower. And that goes for all weapons.

Tie Guy
01-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Duck ;)

I mean, didn't see the whole head chopping off thing coming, it was so obvious? If he had ducked he could just shot Mace. I mean, he killed that other Jedi whose name i can't remember at this moment with his blasters.

boinga1
01-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Coleman Trebor was his name...I think ducking fast in that armor and jetpack might be kinda tough... :jango: :slave:

Katarn07
01-10-2003, 11:56 PM
Rocket the heck outta there! Get Boba and run. No Jedi would chase him if they've got droids attacking them, along with 2 different beasts.

Redwing
01-11-2003, 03:12 AM
He knew his rocket pack didn't work. In the AotC DVD, they added in sparking effects to specifically show that he tried to shoot off his rockets and they didn't work. So what he did then was panic and fire at Mace (fire badly, too; if you'll notice Mace would have been fine even if he hadn't blocked the bolts; they were aimed over his head)

What he should have done was just put up his hands and surrender. You think Mace would have killed him? No. If he'd just done that, Boba would still have a dad. :(

LiMP RABBiT
01-11-2003, 07:50 AM
If he had run couldnt Mace just trip him with the force or mind trick him. Then he could have been captured.

Tie Guy
01-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Redwing
In the AotC DVD, they added in sparking effects to specifically show that he tried to shoot off his rockets and they didn't work. So what he did then was panic and fire at Mace (fire badly, too; if you'll notice Mace would have been fine even if he hadn't blocked the bolts; they were aimed over his head)

They added the sparks? I could have sworn i saw them in the movie theatre.

But you're right, he did panic. But hey, you would too i'm sure if a Jedi was running at you with his lightsaber drawn and blocking all your blaster bolts.

LiMP RABBiT
01-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Thats is a good excuse for any fault in a film like that. You can easily say that his shots were poorly aimed, but if you were in his metal plated shoes, what would you have done. Missed at the very least, believe you me.

SettingShadow
01-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Yea me too, I dont think thats added...

Who WOULDNT panic when they face one of the greatest Jedi ever lived prepared to kill you, your Jetpack were malfunctioning and you only had one of your dual blaster pistols left? I know I sure as hell would... I wouldnt even been able to pull the trigger...

Calexus
01-21-2003, 12:51 PM
He shouldn't have gone for that lightsaber, he should have just blasted Windu from where he was and be done with it.

Calexus
01-21-2003, 12:51 PM
He shouldn't have gone for that lightsaber, he should have just blasted Windu from where he was and be done with it.

Jed
01-21-2003, 07:04 PM
A rocket would have taken Mace out for awhile, and the Jetpack rocket wouldn't work because the Jetpack is busted...

So I chose kneepad rockets. Altho I'm not sure how those would work.

:)

Darth_Rive
01-23-2003, 09:55 PM
What about "all of the above"? If his kneepad boosters were working, why not get the hell out of Windu's range, charring him with his flame-thrower on one arm and blasting him with either his pistol or firing off a volley of poison darts with the other arm? I mean, yeah, sure, he would have been a bit worried, but at the end of the day, Jango was a professional bounty-hunter, and was damn good at what he did, so he should have been much more cal and collected than that.

And what the hell's wrong with firing both pistols at the exact same time, at different parts of Windu's body? Left hand pistol, top of head. Right hand pistol, nads... ;D

leXX
01-24-2003, 05:09 AM
There's only one thing you should do when you see Mace running towards you with that look on his face...

Run! Run like the wind Bullseye!

Silvek
01-24-2003, 06:26 AM
Agree, he should have run. There's one thing to pick a fight fick a jedi when you are in an starship, a whole other matter in a arena in hand to hand combat.

Dragonlancer
01-25-2003, 01:02 AM
Wow, I must say I am very surprised at the number of people who voted for "run". Think about it. If Mace wanted to bring him down, he'd just use force speed to go so fast he's almost teleporting himself in front of Jango and slash at him. I didn't go with jetpack missile because Mace was way to close, it would've taken Jango out as well.

I think the best plan would have been to run, shoot a pistol while torching him so he could put some distance between the two of them. Then, when he's out of range, fire the jetpack missile at him.

If that didn't work, I'd grab a droideka and say, "Sick him boy, sick him."

mez1109
01-25-2003, 05:40 AM
Now mace Windu knows how to stop laser gun (if it is not laser gun but phaser gun or what ever its called you get my point) fire with his lightsaber, which are remarkebly slow moving, bullets seem faster and a mashine gun has MUCH higher fiering rate.
I say Boba should leg it to the nearest War Museum (On earth maybe) get him some good hardware, such as grenades, mashine gun, biological weapons and a nuke (or their nearest equivilant), then we kick some Jedi ass.
I think the only reason Jedi's win, is that the evil doers play too fair for bad guys, Boba could have bitten Mace Windu's good lightsaber hand, or even tasered his ass.
Incompitent fools the Dark Side truly is.

Dragenlacer (hope i got the name right), i like your avater.

Darth Groovy
01-25-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
He knew his rocket pack didn't work. In the AotC DVD, they added in sparking effects to specifically show that he tried to shoot off his rockets and they didn't work. So what he did then was panic and fire at Mace (fire badly, too; if you'll notice Mace would have been fine even if he hadn't blocked the bolts; they were aimed over his head)

What he should have done was just put up his hands and surrender. You think Mace would have killed him? No. If he'd just done that, Boba would still have a dad. :(

Dammit Redwing, that was what I was going to say. Surrendering to a Jedi would have been a wise decision. I would much rather surrender to Jedi, than to Dooku, and those stupid droids.

boinga1
01-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by mez1109
Now mace Windu knows how to stop laser gun (if it is not laser gun but phaser gun or what ever its called you get my point) fire with his lightsaber, which are remarkebly slow moving, bullets seem faster and a mashine gun has MUCH higher fiering rate.
I say Boba should leg it to the nearest War Museum (On earth maybe) get him some good hardware, such as grenades, mashine gun, biological weapons and a nuke (or their nearest equivilant), then we kick some Jedi ass.
I think the only reason Jedi's win, is that the evil doers play too fair for bad guys, Boba could have bitten Mace Windu's good lightsaber hand, or even tasered his ass.
Incompitent fools the Dark Side truly is.

Dragenlacer (hope i got the name right), i like your avater.

umm, he;s JANGO not boba, and they're blaster pistols, by the way.

-s/<itzo-
01-25-2003, 08:43 PM
He should of begged for his life. :D

Dragonlancer
01-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Thanks, glad you like the avatar.

Yeah. Getting on his knees and begging might have helped too. Personally, I think he should've just jetted away from the reek's assault so he could've jetted away from Mace.

LiMP RABBiT
01-26-2003, 07:47 AM
Begging would have been very evil of him would it. And he shouldnt have run. All that heavy armour at least would slow him down. He should have whip corded him (hey, it worked on Obi and Luke) and then shot him or burned him or kicked him or something.

By the by, the flame thower requires two hands so he couldn't shoot and burn at the same time.

Darth_Rive
01-26-2003, 11:24 AM
By the by, the flame thower requires two hands so he couldn't shoot and burn at the same time.

I'm pretty sure he could, it doesn't take his whole hand to press the button - he could have used the butt of his blaster pistol to press it! :rolleyes:

LiMP RABBiT
01-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rive
I'm pretty sure he could, it doesn't take his whole hand to press the button - he could have used the butt of his blaster pistol to press it! :rolleyes: Oh yeah. He'd look real cool on camera doing that.

Darth_Rive
01-29-2003, 02:01 AM
:p

Look, we all know that he's cool enough to pull it off and get away with it... :D

boinga1
01-29-2003, 11:32 PM
that would be awesome, jango flames at mace by pushing it w/ the blaster butt and shooting lasers at the same time. then mace dodges it or something and the camera cuts to a close up and he's got this look like "oh no you didn't" on his face.

Redwing
01-30-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

I don't remember, but they said they did in the AotC DVD commentary. ^.^

Dragonlancer
01-31-2003, 09:32 PM
By the way, I just noticed something. Jango couldn't have used his jetpack missile because he didn't have one! Compare Kamino with Geonosis. Unless it's somehow concealed, he aint got no jetpack missile.

vegietto
02-01-2003, 01:29 PM
he could have used it and stopped mace windu right in his tracked but he didn't so now he is died

boinga1
02-01-2003, 01:35 PM
it's a different jetpack style...the missle is the little thing at the top. IF you look close, there's probably a gap (there is in the illistrated guide, at least).

Naphtali
02-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
I chose flame-thrower because it must be hard to block a flame with a lightsaber

His flamethrower energy comes from the jetpack so thats out of the question

Dragonlancer
02-02-2003, 12:07 AM
I disagree, though I could be wrong. While the thrusters were broken the fuel cells were still active so I think the flame thrower would work.

Naphtali
02-02-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Dragonlancer
I disagree, though I could be wrong. While the thrusters were broken the fuel cells were still active so I think the flame thrower would work.

Your probably right i just thought of that because i remember that in the game Bounty hunter

Master_MJade
02-05-2003, 03:19 PM
run than he coulda raized boba a lil better and boba wouln't hang a round Hutts

dark jedi 8
02-12-2003, 11:10 PM
I think he should have taken off his jetpack and run about 20 yards, turn around and shoot the jetpack. it would have exploded and knocked mace down long enough for jango to escape, or something.

Clemme w/Stick
02-13-2003, 11:03 AM
Run like he**! Hmm, I see that 22 other persons think that 2..!

-Clemme

LiMP RABBiT
02-15-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Dragonlancer
I disagree, though I could be wrong. While the thrusters were broken the fuel cells were still active so I think the flame thrower would work. We dont know. He's fuel cells may not have been active but it isnt explained.

Darth_Rive
02-17-2003, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but it's not just that, is it? Everyone here seems to be forgetting about Mr Windu being something of a Jedi PIIIIIMP!

He would have seen half these suggestions coming, for crying out loud. Without running away or, like I said, shooting him with both blaster pistols in two different places at the same time, he'd have bought it whatever he did.

:rolleyes:

Notion
02-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Flamethrower? Mace would use some new force invention like "Force Wind" or some chit and then every game from now til 2010 would be using it as a force power. And what about saber throw? Man all Mace had to do was flick his wrist and there goes his head. Jango was doomed from the time he killed that jedi.

adillon
02-19-2003, 03:53 PM
'jango fett' and 'running away' in the same sentence just don't do it for me. he wasn't a coward ... he was one of the best bounty hunter's in the universe.

in hindsight, he should've used his flamethrower, lighting up some jedi tunics, then just disappear ...

... and make an appearance in EP3. how could he train his son iF he's dead??

leXX
02-19-2003, 06:54 PM
how could he train his son iF he's dead??

He's already trained Boba by the looks of things. He knows how to pilot Slave 1 and he has watched his father in action many times so has a good knowledge of the weapons etc.

Darth_Rive
02-20-2003, 01:55 PM
Good call, leXx.

But still no-one will acknowledge the fact that Mace Windu is, in fact, a Jedi PIIIIIIIIMP !

Ah, I can see it now. Mace on his days off, strutting his thang around the upper levels of Coruscant in his purple velvet tunic and robes, with a lime-green hat tipped to one side with a peacock feather in the leopard-skin band.... Now don't tell me you don't laugh at him every time you see him on screen from now on.... :D

leXX
02-20-2003, 05:23 PM
lol :lol:

I will be only too glad to acknowledge the fact the Mace is indeed a bad ass Jedi PIIIIIMP!! :smoke2:

Hekx
02-20-2003, 06:04 PM
Run. :)

He wouldn't want to make Coleman Trebor mad. :D

----

He should've probably used his rocket then maybe dual pistols. You can see how the flame thrower got used earlier, so he might aswell not use it again. The darts will probably fail, so dual pistols is a cooler way to go out. :p

dark jedi 8
02-22-2003, 07:00 PM
but didn't he only have one pistol? anything he would have done would not have mattered anyway. anyone who kills a jedi is screwed, especially the great coleman trebor.

Hekx
02-22-2003, 07:54 PM
Did he use Dial Pistols at all in the movie? Or was that just added as a part of the Bounty Hunter game?

I think he did do what he thought was best at the time. Although I would've ran. :D

Thrackan Solo
02-22-2003, 09:19 PM
Flame him! :firehead: :fire: :flamethrower:

boinga1
02-23-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Hkx Nx
Did he use Dial Pistols at all in the movie? Or was that just added as a part of the Bounty Hunter game?

yes he used them, he uses them at the start of the Obi fight and when :aobi: knocks away his pistols I think you can see them both clatter away.

Naphtali
02-24-2003, 06:54 AM
Jango was the sole survivor of the mandalore, and the best bounty hunter in the galaxy that's why they cloned him.
However he was just in a bad position. He didn't have to fly down to fight mace, but he probably felt showed up with the saber at his neck, so ego forced him to go, and an unseen possiblity thrusters broke, your dead

swphreak
02-25-2003, 12:38 PM
I would have unloaded every weapon I had at Mace, and then run like my butt was on fire to Slave 1. Oh yea, I'd be sure to pick up Boba :D

Pedro The Hutt
02-25-2003, 03:10 PM
For all those who say flamethrower, I think a nice bit of what most know as "Force Push" might have turned those flames on him. And besides it would be stupid to try to use the same trick twice on a person like Master Windu O_o.

LiMP RABBiT
06-03-2003, 09:13 AM
i think he was up a certain creak without a paddle. Anything he could have done would have probably been useless.