PDA

View Full Version : Points


Luey Fubar
01-01-2003, 04:30 AM
Call me an idiot, but hwat do points do? The ones below your name and Avatar, I've never seen them before on any forum.

If they're for something special, how are they distributed?

Jan Gaarni
01-01-2003, 08:09 AM
It's a new feature they have implemented. You receive points, or credits, for each post you make, and you get more for each person that replies to it. :)

Go here (http://www.lucasforums.com/announcement.php?forumid=284) for more details.

NOTE: This is NOT an excuse to spam!
If you get your post deleted you will lose points, and more than what the post initially gave you. :)

Wraith 8
01-01-2003, 10:40 AM
well.. i dont realy like it.... especially the mod for a day thing.
oh well..

im just one man

Jan Gaarni
01-01-2003, 08:43 PM
There's a mod for a day thing?

Is that wise? :confused:

Wraith 8
01-02-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
There's a mod for a day thing?

Is that wise? :confused: exactly.... if you have 3000 points.... you can be a mod for a day (if you buy it)

and i just heard that this guy did it in 30 minutes.. ( the points)
and he was mod... and he messed up and got banned. but i just heard it... and i dont know if i can believe it.

Taos
01-02-2003, 07:18 AM
You can use your points to become "mod for a day???"


:eyeraise:



*shudders to think*


I'll have to go back and look at the list....I didn't see that one.

Jan Gaarni
01-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Neither did I.

It's removed now it seems.:)

Good call, I say. :)

Wraith 8
01-02-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
You can use your points to become "mod for a day???"


:eyeraise:



*shudders to think*


I'll have to go back and look at the list....I didn't see that one. well they had it up yesterday and the day before. but now they have taken it of.... i already have that glow around my name..... next on my wishlist is a image in my sig :D

Deft Aklin
01-03-2003, 03:23 AM
Personally, I am anxiously awaiting the day I can free up the name I want. ;D
Though a new title could be cool.


:lsduel:

Thew Rydur
01-03-2003, 04:24 AM
When it says change custom title or change user name does that mean you have to pay to change it? It thought that you used to be able to do that for free.

Deft Aklin
01-03-2003, 04:37 AM
Yes. To the best of my knowledge that is how it works. You get the points for using the boards, then you can us those points to change your name, title, others names and titles. Also, it has several other cool functions such as the glowing name and the like.

To view the various functions, click on the 'User CP' icon in the upper left hand corner, then use the jump selection, choosing forum home. On the left hand side of the screen there is an icon for 'store'. Click on that to view the different features and prices. 1700 to change someones name. ;)

"Argue with me will you, well then I will just have to change your title to 'Village Idiot'", warns the sinister Emperor.:eek:

Wraith 8
01-03-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Thew Rydur
When it says change custom title or change user name does that mean you have to pay to change it? It thought that you used to be able to do that for free. well you could change your name by asking the mods ... but now you have to pay credits for it :D

Deft Aklin
01-03-2003, 05:58 AM
So Wraith, I just noticed that I can't change someone elses user name. In the event there is a user name that is taken, but has never been used, what would it take for me to assume that name?

Wraith 8
01-03-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by irulual
So Wraith, I just noticed that I can't change someone elses user name. In the event there is a user name that is taken, but has never been used, what would it take for me to assume that name? you cant.... the admins ahve stated over the year that they will not delete any acount..

i even volenteered to delete them for them... but they wont go by it.. so if a user name is already in use.... you have to come up with a nother one.

sorry :(

Deft Aklin
01-03-2003, 06:14 AM
That's just aweful. The name I want has never even made a post. What a waste. Let's start a complaint thread and forward it to the admin. ;)


As per usual, I am starting trouble.
:litang:

Wraith 8
01-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by irulual
That's just aweful. The name I want has never even made a post. What a waste. Let's start a complaint thread and forward it to the admin. ;)


As per usual, I am starting trouble.
:litang: hey you could try

but i already know their answer.

Deft Aklin
01-03-2003, 01:13 PM
Hmmmm, now what board to put it on? ;)
Off-Topic or Feedback Wraith?

Wraith 8
01-04-2003, 05:27 AM
well.. not here.. not on the SWGalaxies.net forums.


Go here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=217
there you can complain about most everything :D