PDA

View Full Version : Ep 7-9 ??

Sivy
01-01-2003, 10:11 AM
what do you think the chances are that GL will make ep 7-9

he said he wont but will he change his mind? or is he just saying that so it will be more of a surprise?

also what do you think they would be about if he did do them?

Jo
01-01-2003, 04:29 PM
i say anything is possible.

wassup
01-01-2003, 05:33 PM
I really doubt he would direct/oversee them himself but might allow someone else to direct 7-9 and he would take more of a conservative role in overseeing the project.

boinga1
01-01-2003, 06:04 PM
not GL...but probably somewhere along the line some one will do it and it will be a flop

:( :( :( :blaze6:

teutonicknight
01-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Why do SW fans insist of there being more Episodes? The Star Wars Saga is about the choosen one, Anakin. Anakin dies in Ep6: the storys over people. :rolleyes:

And um... no, I don't think GL is gonna make another Trilogy.

wassup
01-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Ya but he could always pass the rights/privileges to other people that he thinks are worthy of continueing the Star Wars saga.

Eldritch
01-02-2003, 05:39 AM
I say : not a chance.

The major bad guys are dead by Episode 6... any future Episodes wouldn't have anything to tie into the previous 6. Let's just be happy we have 6 movies and not make Star Wars as cheesy and tired as Star Trek.

lukeiamyourdad
01-02-2003, 10:38 AM
You still have EU. Live with that...

Rizrow
01-02-2003, 09:21 PM
Let's just be happy we have 6 movies and not make Star Wars as cheesy and tired as Star Trek.

Word:p

STTCT
01-03-2003, 12:26 AM
Nah I don't think that there will be a 7-9. Look at how much critsism he got for the last 2 movies. People have high expectations of Star Wars. He could keep going on and on forever - but at some point there has to be an end. I think he should leave well enough alone - ie Death of Vader End of Star Wars. Look at what is happening to Star Trek...

Purple_Tentacle
01-03-2003, 05:05 AM
remember what happened when star trek killed spock ?

everyone stopped watching the show thats what happened

without vader no-one will wanna watch.

lukeiamyourdad
01-03-2003, 06:33 AM
What kind of story will it be about?What are gonna be the characters? All the actors from the OT are getting old so they would have to make a movie that happens 40 years after Endor. And it might destroy the entire line of EU books. The EU authors will put on pressure so their books won't be against the movies. Besides, GL needs to do something else so people won't see him only as the maker of SW but of other things as well.

Matt-Liell
01-03-2003, 03:39 PM
What George is trying to portray with star wars is basicly a movie based on faith. the redemtion of Anakin Skywalker. Episode 1 is based on the Christian religion btw. Anakin being conceived by the force, Jesus being conceived by the holy spirit being the savoir, Anakin being the chosen one. After his redemtion what is there left to tell but the EV which i don't like all that much anyway so i'll say no George will not makin 7-9.

ZBomber
01-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell
What George is trying to portray with star wars is basicly a movie based on faith. the redemtion of Anakin Skywalker. Episode 1 is based on the Christian religion btw. Anakin being conceived by the force, Jesus being conceived by the holy spirit being the savoir, Anakin being the chosen one. After his redemtion what is there left to tell but the EV which i don't like all that much anyway so i'll say no George will not makin 7-9.

:eyeraise:

Jesus didn't murder children... :eyeraise:

ET Warrior
01-04-2003, 09:29 AM
And there are a LOT of religions and myths involving conception of a child bya deity. not just christianity. Look at hercules, his father was zeus, his mother was a mortal woman, Zeus impregnated said woman (whos name i dont recollect) and she didn't know about it for awhile.

Luuke_Skywalker
01-04-2003, 02:35 PM
i don't believe george will make anymore sw movies and to reply to an above post george lucas isn't only known as the maker of star wars have you forgotten about American Graffitti? and the Indiana Jones movies?

Matt-Liell
01-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
:eyeraise:

Jesus didn't murder children... :eyeraise:

I said Episode 1!

And i did say based not exact! And ET Warrior George said it reflected christianity.

Mex
01-05-2003, 01:13 PM
I think there will not be any more StarWars movies.

Sn1P3r JeD1
01-05-2003, 03:04 PM
I thought he wrote the scripts for episodes 1-9 when he was a kid or something... so... woudn't that mean he'd want them made? Sorry if that's wrong, I'm no expert and I don't pretend to be

STTCT
01-06-2003, 09:54 AM
who's to say that he didn't combine some of those scripts into one movie. He may have started out with scripts 1-9 but maybe it will all be contained into 6 episodes.

Let's let this guy have a life. And I don't go for the idea of giving it away to another director. booo. i hate when that happens. Look at Jurassic Park. First movie good. Second movie different director....crappy ass movie.

Keiran Halcyon
01-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by STTCT

Let's let this guy have a life. And I don't go for the idea of giving it away to another director. booo. i hate when that happens. Look at Jurassic Park. First movie good. Second movie different director....crappy ass movie.

Last i checked the lost World was directed by Spielberg. Jurassic Park III is another matter ;) (you know spielberg might return to JPIV?)

Well some people says that Lucas should not have directed any SW movie except ANH (that, for them, is the only one he directed right) Personally i think that Lucas has been very involved with all SW movies, seeing every detail of them, and i believe ESB and ROJ very almost codirected. if ESB is the favourite movie of almost everyone its not because Irvin Keshner, it's just because the story and work of GL.

Although episodes 7-9 will be nice to see, for me, it will crack up the EU, and i wouldn't like it (but neither would i that GL had to stick to EU for them)

I though that GL could have made this:
SW Prologue: The Phantom Menace
10 years
SW EPI : Attack of the Clones
SW EPII: Revenge of the Sith? or whatever
SW EPIII: The Jedi Purge? or whatever
10 years
SW EPIV: A New Hope
SW EPV: The Empire Strikes back
SW EPVI: Return of the Jedi
10 years
SW Epilogue: ??? ( i dont really know what could be the plot of this one...)

I think there is too much time between EPI and EPII....

Anyways i like how it is going to be (6 episodes)

I would like that when GL ends SW he mades the three willow realm books (Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn and Shadow Star): Nice story with mages and dragons and epic battles (i think i havent' read them yet)

Admiral Vostok
01-06-2003, 06:37 PM
7 8 and 9 will not be made. The story is over. Whereas all six will tie together nicely to be one sage, any additional movies will be just that... additional movies. They would ruin the whole tied-together feel.

And if they did it would be:

STAR WARS
Episode VII
The Quest for More Money

(joke from Spaceballs becomes very relevant...)

And no-one will accept a Star Wars movie not made by George Lucas.

Jedi_Monk
01-06-2003, 08:35 PM
I think Episode III will be the last movie in the Star Wars saga... Vostok is right, no fan will accept an Episode VII where Lucas doesn't have any involvement. Star Wars, and this storyline in particular, are Lucas' works. However... I heard somewhere that Lucas was considering making a stand-alone movie set in the Star Wars universe after he's finished with SW3. I don't know if there's anything solid behind this, but I think it'd be an incredibly exciting thing to see!

It somebody else was given license to set another stand-alone movie in the SW universe, then I'd love to see it. There's plenty of room in the universe for as many stories as can be thought up. But it wouldn't be an Episode VII. And it should have the Infinities logo featured prominently on all of its advertisements to make it clear that even though this thing's a motion picture, only Lucas' movies are canon.

http://members.aol.com/dannilalfletch/Jedi_Monk.jpg

Lord Fergie
01-06-2003, 11:02 PM
The poll should more be "Should there be another"

Then the answer would be no the story has already lost some of the depth of the TRI. After 3 you would just be extending it with 7 and on where now it is a filling in on a story.

In cooridination I don't think all 7 Harry Potter movies will be made for this reason while these current 6 can be accepted as a story farther than that and your creativity dies there is nothing new. Real queation will all the HP books be made?

Deft Aklin
01-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Well, just so you all know, my understanding is that after episode three is done, Lucas wants to go back and fix some more errors in the original three. (Maybe this time he'll fix Obi's lightsaber in the Vader duel, the glass rod drives me nuts!) Anyway, I can't remember where I heard that, I thought it was on www.starwars.com, but it is my understanding that he is going to do that before releasing the box set. There was another rumor regarding episode seven, being a one movie compilation of the final three chapters, but that was from a less reliable source.

lukeiamyourdad
01-07-2003, 06:51 PM
A stand alone movie could be fine although I doubt it would be good...
As long as it doesn't contradict the saga...

shukrallah
01-10-2003, 12:21 PM
they would be about the Jedi Acadamy but there wont be a 7 or 8 because vaders dead! he was the star of star wars. star wars was about bringing balance to the force, no that that has been done theres no need for any other movies.

Jedi_Monk
01-10-2003, 04:08 PM
they would be about the Jedi Acadamy
No, they wouldn't, because the Jedi Academy is part of the EU, not Lucas' vision. If Episodes 7-9 were made, they would be Lucas' vision of what happened after Return of the Jedi, not some hack author's. Heck, I'd welcome sequels to Jedi, if only because it would bury the EU!

Taos
01-10-2003, 04:40 PM
If GL isn't involved with it at all......I hope they don't make them. I mean, it's his and not anyone else's. As much as I'd love to see them...

covenant_bad
01-11-2003, 03:08 PM
it will be about the improbable adventures of jar jar binks.
and how he dies a bloody death turning on a lightsabre in the first eight seconds of the film.:D

ZBomber
01-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by covenant_bad
it will be about the improbable adventures of jar jar binks.
and how he dies a bloody death turning on a lightsabre in the first eight seconds of the film.:D

Stop dreaming little boy. Jar Jar won't die in the frist 8 seocnds...... the first 7 seocnds. :D

LiMP RABBiT
01-12-2003, 06:10 AM
Im sure he would have said he was only making 4-6 when they first came out. But now we are all enjoying ep I and epII..... well suffering epI and enjoying ep II. SO I think he'll make 7-9 a while after hes finished ep III

Darth_Rive
01-30-2003, 10:26 PM
I'd like to "Yes" to the poll, but I don't think there will be. There's been talk of another Indiana Jones film, but as far as I know that's been canned now, so I reckon GL will want to move on and do something different. But then again, at the same time, he must know he's onto a surefire success if he does make VII - IX.

Oh, and I've been reading people saying that Episodes I - VI are all there will be because the Saga is about Anakin Skywalker. No it's not! IV - VI focused on Luke more than anyone else and portrayed Anakin (Vader) as a generic bad guy with a few ties to Luke.

I also think that the idea of Lucas leasing out rights to the Star Wars universe and permission to make a movie based in the Star Wars universe would be an amazing idea, as long as they ran the script by GL et al. There are so many excellent Star Wars fanfics and amateur movies like those on TheForce.Net (http://www.theforce.net/theater/index.html). If people are going to be so stupid as to boycott a Star Wars movie just because GL didn't direct it, then fine, but trust me, you'll be missing out. Especially if Calvin & Cary Ho get rights to make one with fight choreography like "Art of the Saber II (http://theforce.net/theater/fxprojects/aos2/index.shtml)". So :p .

JediNyt
01-31-2003, 08:50 PM
If there will be other SW movies I think it will be fan films. Hey wouldnt it be cool if a whole bunch of fans got together and made top quality fan films of the EU? I think that would be cool. I know GL wont make any more. Its not likely that his kids will either. He probably made them promise never to do that. But the whole EU is out there. Imagine Dark Forces, Shadows of the Empire, the Thrawn series. :) Fans could really go far with those if they did em right. Made for TV and conventions, whadaya think? And it would not infringe at all with the real Star Wars movies. Of course the real ones will always be the best.

...So...who here wants to make Shadows of the Empire with me over the weekend? :D JK.

Keiran Halcyon
02-01-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Rive
I'd like to "Yes" to the poll, but I don't think there will be. There's been talk of another Indiana Jones film, but as far as I know that's been canned now, so I reckon GL will want to move on and do something different.

Indy IV WILL be released in 2004.

Lynk Former
02-01-2003, 08:28 AM
I know what they could do for a new trilogy, they could set it 1000 years in the future and by the end the universe implodes/explodes/pops or whatever it does to be destroyed so no good or bad guys are left and nothing matters...

...what i'm trying to get at is that there's no way a new trilogy will ever be made :p

Clemme w/Stick
02-01-2003, 08:39 AM
I'd say that theres a chnace. The only prob is that, the chance of this happening is so small. I would like to see an Ep7-9, but I really doubt that they'll be made, but anything can happen!!

-Clemme

Kstar__2
02-02-2003, 07:15 AM
not a chance, there is too many EU written that follows up where ROTJ ended

vegietto
02-02-2003, 07:21 AM
u never know it could happened i wouldn't be a bit surprise if it did

Clemme w/Stick
02-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by kstar__2
not a chance, there is too many EU written that follows up where ROTJ ended

Yeah, theres alot of books that follow up on RotJ. I still say anything is possible, but I dont think that we're gonna see Ep7-9 :(!

-Clemme

covenant_bad
02-02-2003, 10:16 AM
Although im inclined to think that Gl won't have anything to do with EU it seems like the only logical follow up to ROTJ.

CurryKing
04-17-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by teutonicknight
Why do SW fans insist of there being more Episodes? The Star Wars Saga is about the choosen one, Anakin. Anakin dies in Ep6: the storys over people. :rolleyes:

And um... no, I don't think GL is gonna make another Trilogy.

The star wars saga wasn't origionally about the chosen one GL just made that bit up when he started creating the PT, the story was all about Luke to start with and thats where i would like to see it end with Luke becoming a great Jedi master and re-creating the Jedi order.

But still i agree, i don't think GL will make any more Star Wars films. :mad:

Tesla
04-17-2003, 11:58 AM
Actully the star wars saga is about the skywalker family-anakin,shmi,luke,leia,padme.
(anakin and padme got married so i guess she is now padme skywalker)

CurryKing
04-17-2003, 12:04 PM
But Lucas didn't make the stuff about the chosen one untill he started on the script to episode 1, he just makes the stuff up as he goes along (or so i'm led to beleive;) )

So yes i do believe you are right it is now about the Skywalker family but wasn't when he created ANH.

I think a star wars movie set many years before the PT would be good maybe just a one off set around the time of the game KOTOR, but again not gonna happen.

Tesla
04-17-2003, 12:14 PM
Sorry i have to disagree CurryKing lucas doesn't make it up as he go's along everything like the clothing details to planet enviroment's and of course the characthers have to have a back story to them of were they came from etc andlucas if you watch EP2 with the audio commentary he says "i can't just use a characther because i want them in there, they have to have a back story" in the case of mac windu , sam jackson had to put up with the small role in the jedi temple to actullay have a bigger role were he is in some action sequences hope this c;ears some things up :D

CurryKing
04-18-2003, 04:58 AM
ok point taken, i really wanna argue back but i'm too hungover to think!! :confused:

Random
04-19-2003, 10:37 AM
I'd like to see more movies, but I don't think it'll happen. First, it'll be hard to do anything after ROTJ because of all the EU material. Second, I don't want the series to turn to crap like everything else that drags itself along (Planet of the Apes).

Prehaps a different writing/directing team could do movies before the Skywalker saga. Just completly start with a new story, new characters, different time, but in the same SW universe. A long long LONG time ago...