PDA

View Full Version : I just saw a video preview of Knights (not the trailer)

Taos
01-03-2003, 11:59 AM
:eek::eek:

I just got back from my local EB and while I was there standing in line I looked up at the video monitor and there it was........I was watching my first glimpse of live action from KOTOR. :eek:
The guy working behind the counter said that they just got the video today and it was actually the first time they had shown it. :eek:

It was just amazing first of all, I couldn't believe what I was watching......you have your lightsaber drawn and as you get closer to an enemy: it first slows down, a little list popsup on the side of the screen and you choose how you want to attack the enemy - either by using the force, your saber, or your blaster. The slow mo wasn't as slow as I thought it would be...it moves right along nicely. The sceen that follows was incredible.....the characters do some amazing acrobatics and move so well. The fight was simply amazing. Even how they block the laser blasts is cool....they did a little slash downward towards the enemy that shot it at them and it was returned. :D

Now as far as the party members......you do a similar thing with them as you do for your attack....a list of choices pops up and they go and do what you want them to do. The most amazing thing was how seemless it all was....you are there in a hallway killing dark jedi and then all of a sudden you see a party member running further down that hallway and ignighting their DBLS and defeating a sith. Just like the movies.......:eek:

The video also included clips of one of the mini games and part of a dialect sceen. It was underwater at the world of Mannan........they had full scuba gear on....I wish I could have seen more.....

I'm still impressed. :D

adillon
01-03-2003, 01:13 PM
*speechless*

jedimaster14701
01-03-2003, 01:21 PM
wow that sounds awesome in can't wait for this game to come out.

Com Raven
01-03-2003, 02:50 PM
someone feels like filming it with a digicam ?

Taos
01-03-2003, 06:29 PM
:eek:

Not a bad idea.......the only thing that I was disappointed with was the fact that there was no sound......but hell, who cares at this point. :D

*wants to go back just to watch it again*

:giggle1:

Sivy
01-03-2003, 06:34 PM
cool

that answered some of my questions i had about the combat system

i can't wait to play it

Com Raven
01-04-2003, 02:06 AM
hey Leemu, post a link on the mainpage to this thread, will ya ?

Burrie
01-04-2003, 03:18 AM
You have just made me the most jealous man in the universe... thanks for the description tho'! :D

Darth Simpson
01-04-2003, 05:22 AM
Sounds good. So, when will we get to see it? ;)

Com Raven
01-04-2003, 06:07 AM
oh, I am jealous too...

Lord Glorfindel
01-04-2003, 08:54 AM
*gasps*

Burrie
01-04-2003, 08:59 AM
ARGH! I just heard that they showed a preview of KotR at some Dutch game show that I had never heard off, so I immediatley turned in, only to just see the credits of the show.

Apparently, they're going to replay the show upcoming Tuesday around 2400 hours... I'm already prepping my recorder.

Com Raven
01-04-2003, 09:30 AM
lucky bastards y'all...

Burrie
01-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Well, once I've taped it, I think I'll be capable to getting it into an AVI file, although I personally somehow suspect that we'll be capable of seeing the footage before Tuesday...

Plus, it seems that Gammo (the dutch show in question) sometimes places several of their items (reviews, previews) on their official website... I'll be keeping an eye on their site. :)

Com Raven
01-04-2003, 11:52 AM
I am sure you will notify us of any developments :)

mi2_crazy
01-05-2003, 03:55 AM
:biggs: So where did you see this and what platform was it for and you need to go film it with a cam i bet we could pay you 1000000000 rebulic credits. lol

Also do you know how they got this little preview?

:saberb:
:saberr:
:saberg:
:dsaber:

:wan: vs :mauls:

:explode: im having fun

Aliasalpha
01-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
:eek::eek:

I just got back from my local EB and while I was there standing in line I looked up at the video monitor and there it was........I was watching my first glimpse of live action from KOTOR. :eek:
The guy working behind the counter said that they just got the video today and it was actually the first time they had shown it. :eek:

It was just amazing first of all, I couldn't believe what I was watching......you have your lightsaber drawn and as you get closer to an enemy: it first slows down, a little list popsup on the side of the screen and you choose how you want to attack the enemy - either by using the force, your saber, or your blaster. The slow mo wasn't as slow as I thought it would be...it moves right along nicely. The sceen that follows was incredible.....the characters do some amazing acrobatics and move so well. The fight was simply amazing. Even how they block the laser blasts is cool....they did a little slash downward towards the enemy that shot it at them and it was returned. :D

Now as far as the party members......you do a similar thing with them as you do for your attack....a list of choices pops up and they go and do what you want them to do. The most amazing thing was how seemless it all was....you are there in a hallway killing dark jedi and then all of a sudden you see a party member running further down that hallway and ignighting their DBLS and defeating a sith. Just like the movies.......:eek:

The video also included clips of one of the mini games and part of a dialect sceen. It was underwater at the world of Mannan........they had full scuba gear on....I wish I could have seen more.....

I'm still impressed. :D

Break into the store, steal the video, cap it & mail it to me!

Com Raven
01-05-2003, 09:23 AM
I guess he would much rathe send it the Raven...

Aliasalpha
01-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Frankly I don't care where it goes first as long as I get it.

Forcematch's files are still down (anyone know a bounty hunter who works cheap?) so I can't upload it anyway

Uber_Saber
01-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Wow. There's an EB about an hour from me, and I'll be heading that way Tue. Maybe I'll be able to see it. Maybe not.

Or I could sit in front of the computer, waiting for Lucasarts to release another trailer.

Lord Glorfindel
01-05-2003, 02:04 PM
How long was the Video?

Com Raven
01-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah Alias, you should kill him...

Taos
01-05-2003, 05:16 PM
When I first saw it.....I felt like I was watching it in slow motion....:)

It lasted for several minutes....like about three I think. I'm not sure how far into it I was when I caught it.....but that's ok by me. I have yet to go back to watch it.......I am going to soon though. :D

Sorry Alias, I'd send it to The Raven first. :) ;)

Lord Glorfindel
01-05-2003, 06:48 PM
When I first saw it.....I felt like I was watching it in slow motion....:)

It lasted for several minutes....like about three I think. I'm not sure how far into it I was when I caught it.....but that's ok by me. I have yet to go back to watch it.......I am going to soon though. :D

Sorry Alias, I'd send it to The Raven first. :) ;)

Thnx

Ki-Adi-Mundi
01-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Ok, someone get a chair, a footstool, necessary food supplies, a digital camcorder and camp inside the store with your camera aimed at the tv.

jedimaster14701
01-05-2003, 07:59 PM
i saw the same one today at my eb. It was cool.

Empire1assassin
01-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Do you know where i can find this on the Internet???

Jed
01-06-2003, 12:00 AM
You....little....

*slices off Leemu's arm*

You're supposed to STEAL THE TAPE!!!!

:p

Well, it was nice you gave us all the gory details...whether it be gory or not :D

Com Raven
01-06-2003, 09:05 AM
Me wants EB stores in germany...

Sn1P3r JeD1
01-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Aren't all the EBs now Game?

Taos
01-07-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question...are you asking if EB's are games only now?

Well, they sell graphics cards etc.....and a little bit of other hardware, but I'd say they're mostly games now.

Burrie
01-08-2003, 06:54 AM
Bah... you know that rerun of the gaming show that showed a preview of KotR that I talked about earlier in this thread? The site says that they broadcast again around 2400 on Tuesday, so I tuned in yesterday... instead of a gaming show, I got some odd other show... :mad:

Com Raven
01-08-2003, 08:35 AM
oh, a "odd show" at 2400 ?

O lala :)

Darth Simpson
01-08-2003, 11:57 AM
HA! :D

Pad
01-08-2003, 12:29 PM
WOOT WOOT, i just saw a kotor preview on the tv :D

kickass ;)

Taos
01-08-2003, 01:32 PM
What did they show? Or was it similar to the one that I saw? You saw it on tv......I need to watch more tv then I think. :)

Com Raven
01-08-2003, 01:59 PM
bah, lame ass german tv, they only talk about games after some idiot killed half his school...

Pad
01-08-2003, 03:46 PM
What did they show? Or was it similar to the one that I saw? You saw it on tv......I need to watch more tv then I think. :)
total coincedence,
i turned on the tv as i thought it was time for the simpsons. suddenly a new game program. and at the intro they mentioned KOTOR, so i jumped up to look for it. it was pretty nice screenies but i think they were mostly the same as the movie posted at swknights earlier. the mentioned some things about the story, the action (as u could control up to 3characters) and also something about ur transport ship. its a baby millenium falcon (he called it) and is the only thing thats close to the movies. they also revealed something about the light - dark side that both would have some same quests, different quests and an ending for each side. ;)

Com Raven
01-08-2003, 04:23 PM
oh, the Ebon Hawk...

I got it on my desktop at the moment :)

Taos
01-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Just rub it in why don't you? :p

Lucky bastard. ;) :D

Com Raven
01-09-2003, 07:00 AM
hehe, you'll also have it soon...

Uber_Saber
01-09-2003, 12:15 PM
That's just mean, Raven.

oh, a "odd show" at 2400

There is no such thing as 2400.

There is 2359:99 then it goes to 000:00.

This is because midnight starts the next day, and it would be odd to start the day at 2400.

;)

Pad
01-09-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
oh, the Ebon Hawk...

*points*
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/03/starwars/knightsoftheoldrepublic_screen001.jpg

and i thinks this is also the ebon hawk 'as a drawing)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/news/11/19/kotor_screen060.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/news/11/19/kotor_screen063.jpg

Com Raven
01-09-2003, 04:35 PM
yes, they all are the Hawk...

Taos
01-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Speaking of video's....Com do you think there will be another trailer? I've tried to find info on this and the devs say no........now those same devs also said there will be no video's either and we have all seen that. They just like to confuse us I think. :)

Hannibal
01-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Speaking of video's....Com do you think there will be another trailer? I've tried to find info on this and the devs say no........now those same devs also said there will be no video's either and we have all seen that. They just like to confuse us I think. :)

Since Lucas Arts is in charge I bet it's possible. We all know Bioware would rather just put nose to grindstone and finish the game but if LA comes and says put out a video then they'd have to do it.

Com Raven
01-11-2003, 08:04 AM
LEC always makes a second trailer shortly before release...

Bounty Hunter, Clone Wars, Indy, JK II...

Taos
01-11-2003, 02:01 PM
You know, I was hoping you were going to say something like that. Great, in that case I hope there is a trailer soon! :D

Com Raven
01-11-2003, 07:41 PM
there should been...

Taos
01-23-2003, 06:03 PM
Ok, I went back to the EB just a little bit ago and watched the video again. :p

One thing I wanted to share with you--those command lists that pop-up on your screen, well you can cycle through different ones. For example one panel will be your force powers and another would be for your saber.

Example: On the list of saber commands there were two particular attacks that stuck out in my mind....one was called fury and the other had a little longer title with fierce in it. Though I don't remember the whole thing.....I was drooling all over the floor and .........nvmd.

The moves were quite impresssive.....even after seeing it before. :)

Jed
01-23-2003, 06:07 PM
Wait a second, lemme get this straight...

You went there again and you still didn't steal the video? :p

Damn, I wanna see that video...

Burrie
01-23-2003, 06:17 PM
Why you doity no-good rat... when I received a message that this had been upped by you, of all people, I thought you would've stolen it by now, and posted a link for us... bah... thanks for the info, but...

*puts up sign saying "Beat me" with an arrow pointing to Leemu*

Notion
01-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Thanks, after warming myself up to turn-based combat with (Hereos) of Might and Magic 3, and Fallout 2, (as well as reading this new info on the combat), I am feeling better about the direction they are taking with the combat.

I just wish we could see that video.... :evil6:

Eets
01-24-2003, 01:48 AM
:slsaber: You die now.

Swat
01-24-2003, 05:27 AM
hey leemu, if u dun wanna steal it, maybe buy it, juz 2 statisfy us(pay as much as u can if the guy refuses)

Naphtali
01-24-2003, 06:15 AM
Leema Tous hey whatsup.

So are the graphics that much better than jedi outcast in person? Do the lightsabers have a glow like the movies?
How are the saber movment's? Are they solid or to fast?
How much control do you have over the saber blocking attacks, certain swings with saber?
Or do you just pick certain types of setting attacks rage, etc?

How do you engage in battle do you just run into an enemy then the screen comes up

-=Hooded-Jedi=-
01-24-2003, 12:38 PM
hey Naphtali

im thinking u havent seen the trailer thats out already:
Trailer (http://lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/)

And most of your questions will be answered.

Taos
01-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by swatteam
hey leemu, if u dun wanna steal it, maybe buy it, juz 2 statisfy us(pay as much as u can if the guy refuses)

I do want to steal it......I just need some help, I can't do it all by myself! :p :D

Yun_88
01-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey, im new here so hi to everyone. I saw a video of gameplay for KOTOR today! There is a link at the bioware site and it has an interview with someone at Bioware (I cannot remember who) but through out the interview it shows videos of gameplay and fighting!! It looks great, I have no idea if everyone has seen this video or not so it might be old news but if not goto the Bioware site where it has a link. The link is...Telstra.com go to that site and scroll down until you see the box for the video, I hope this is good news for everyone!!:D

Hannibal
01-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Yun_88
Hey, im new here so hi to everyone. I saw a video of gameplay for KOTOR today! There is a link at the bioware site and it has an interview with someone at Bioware (I cannot remember who) but through out the interview it shows videos of gameplay and fighting!! It looks great, I have no idea if everyone has seen this video or not so it might be old news but if not goto the Bioware site where it has a link. The link is...Telstra.com go to that site and scroll down until you see the box for the video, I hope this is good news for everyone!!:D

Yeah we posted the link to the video on our main site(before Bioware even had it posted :D).

Welcome to the StarWarsKnights.com Forums!!!!

Taos
01-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Yes welcome to the forums! :D I'm glad you decided to join us here.

Have a good time! :)

Yun_88
01-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanx

Thrift
01-25-2003, 12:26 AM
Mmm welcome

Is there any chance that some kind-hearted person with a website and technical know-how *cough*ComRaven*cough*. Could record and put up the broadband video as a downloadable file rather than the streaming video so that those of us poor devils with dial-up can watch the video in something other than as a 10 pixel eyesore?

Hint-hint ;)

Burrie
01-25-2003, 06:58 AM
Mmmmmm, you COULD record the whole thing to video, and afterwards record it back into an AVI file...

I don't believe that my current card can record anything back from video, but I can at the very least tape it to video for personal use :D

Taos
01-25-2003, 12:12 PM
To let you guys know, by the time I get anything put together.......I have a feeling that there will be some kind of new video out. Who knows, maybe even another trailer [That was a guess] :)

Like that interview/preview we saw.....I think that the AI was turned off in the video I saw.

Katarn07
01-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Yun_88

Pardon my stupidity, there is another video besides the trailer?! Link please...

I am usually in Dark Forces Forums, Yoda's Swamp, or the Cantina; so this is news to me. Thanks :D

Com Raven
01-25-2003, 10:04 PM
First of all, we can't just film something from EB and put it up here I think...

and yes, the game does look much better than JK II...

Swat
01-25-2003, 10:36 PM
any new discoveries in the video other than the things we currently noe abt?

Taos
01-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Not at the moment......they are being quite selective it seems as to what they are releasing.

Katarn07-I don't have the link to the video with the interview....I think Hannibal or somebody might have it. Send him a pm or maybe wait for his reply. :)

Agreed Com, EB might frown on that, especially when the whole video has an EB graphic in the bottom corner of the screen. :D

Enjoi9187
01-26-2003, 01:08 AM
guys check out my new post, i posted the link to the video

covenant_bad
01-26-2003, 05:55 AM
I just can't wait for the Tv adverts, if there are any!:D

Swat
01-26-2003, 05:57 AM
games got tv adverts wan meh?

Com Raven
01-26-2003, 11:31 AM
There will be TV adverts ;)

Swat
01-27-2003, 03:05 AM
well i dun get 2 c it. i dun live in the US...

Burrie
01-27-2003, 05:08 AM
I'm sure that the nice folks over at www.swknights.com will be kind enough to put on clips of the commercials, right? I don't believe that qualifies as a capital punishment, does it?

*cleans up bloodied sword*

Anyway, I'm sure they'll do it, one way or the other...

Com Raven
01-27-2003, 08:29 AM
StarWars.com posts commercials, and so does xbox.com ...

So you'll all see them..

Naphtali
01-28-2003, 01:19 AM
isn't it the same one with with the force theme of luke, and then the climax of the Leia= and Han love song, or escape from bespin

Thrift
01-29-2003, 09:33 PM
Ummm I don't think so...

I'm not entirely sure which one you're referring to, but if you're talking about the one that goes "An Age Of War", "Between Darkness And Light" etc. Then no, it's a different one.

Swat
01-30-2003, 05:56 AM
wat's the title of that song in the trailer

Uber_Saber
01-30-2003, 07:11 PM
It's several songs cut together. (In some cases, somewhat poorly)

I'm an SW music fan, so I am pretty sure when I tell you this:

The opening, with the simple woodwind and the shot of the Ebon Hawk, is from Luke setting fire to Anakin's funeral pyre.

The surge in the strings at the point of "Long Before the Galactic Empire" is from that too.

Then, at about the point the one guy's movinga bout the spaceport, that's the 'love' theme ESB.

Then, the fanfare at the end is from the end credits of ESB.

Swat
01-30-2003, 11:56 PM
so they mixed them 2gether, n i thought it was only 1 tune. sounds nice though

SunBurN
02-04-2003, 01:18 PM
Just in case you all didn't know, the video in question is on the new CD in the March issue of the Officail Xbox magazine. I just got it in the mail and watched it last night and before I went to work today. Amazing! I can't wait to immerse myself in the KOTOR realm. But until then I'll have to bide my time and placate myself with Jedi Outcast, Metroid Prime and SW Bounty Hunter! :)

SunBurN

Burrie
02-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Wha-wha-WHAT? A new movie about KotR on the X-Box Magazine? A different one than in the interview and the trailer?!

Egad, I take it that it won't be, ah, legal if you upload it? :P

Hannibal
02-04-2003, 02:40 PM
He'd have to record it off his XBox. Those darned demo disks don't play in DVDs.

The good news(for me) is that I subscribe to the magazine and that I'll be watching it soon. :laughing:

Burrie
02-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Bah, humbug :mad:

All right, I just might go against my principles and buy *gasp* the X-Box Magazine if the movie really shows something new and extremely cool stuff. Can someone tell me what the contents are, and how much one magazine would cost?

SunBurN
02-04-2003, 08:06 PM
The xbox magazine only has a single page dedicated to KOTOR but the DVD Demo disc has the actual video, and I'm pretty sure you have to have an Xbox to view it.