PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Saesee Tiin

Psyk0Sith
01-05-2003, 04:54 PM
The holiday season kinda slowed down my projects, but here's something i started yesterday...

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin01.jpg
Click if you cant see image (http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin01.jpg)
http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin05.jpg
Click if you cant see image (http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin05.jpg)
This is only a texture test and i'm not even looking at polycount right now cuz the head is not done.

Thank Wolf Devil for the request...i wouldnt have started something for Saesee, but since he asked so nicely :).

I still need some reference pics if anyone can help, that would really make things easier.

I'm also working on Ponda Baba and "slave" Anakin when Oxygen team is ready. Updates will be slow, but i hope to finish this sucker anyway.

El Sitherino
01-05-2003, 04:58 PM
that looks cool.

Lord Tnuc
01-05-2003, 05:11 PM
http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/saesee_tiin.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/img/curve.jpg

http://riddlesinthedark.com/RebelsHaven/Images/JedisCouncil/saesee001.jpg

Hope these help. I really like this idea, by the way.

Padawan_7
01-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Wow, Saesee Tiin. Great choice!

He's looking good. :D

GreenDevil
01-05-2003, 06:55 PM
WOW!! Psyk0Sith, once again you have proven yourself to be one of the best modellers and skinners out there. Your work is superb!!!

I still wish you would have finished that Plo Koon model of yours, it would have been awesome! ;) ;)

Hellfire Jedi
01-05-2003, 07:28 PM
I think im gonna be asking this now or never... so why the hell not now :D
Psyk0 I love your models, so in other words... may I beta test this?

BTW, Looks good your a great modeler Yarael proved that to be beyond true. Good Luck!

Psyk0Sith
01-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey GreenDevil!

I can model, but i cant skin! it's a good thing that Grafox and Marz could help me with Ki and Yarael.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
I think im gonna be asking this now or never... so why the hell not now :D
Psyk0 I love your models, so in other words... may I beta test this?

Of course, after all you are the official JK2 forum beta tester, right? (someone should buy that title for ya ;P)

Hellfire Jedi
01-05-2003, 08:45 PM
lol make me smile how do i earn points on gonna get me some points so i can get that title

boinga1
01-05-2003, 10:35 PM
looks good but the nose looks a little too low on his face...maybe it's just the angle.

Mest
01-05-2003, 11:07 PM
great job so far. saesse tiin is one of my fav jedi. good luck.

[JKZ]_Yun
01-06-2003, 06:27 AM
cool Psyk0 nice done
keep the good working

-:fett2:Yun

inbredyokel
01-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Hey, I'd like to skin this biatch if you don't have anyone else lined up. Btw, I can get some good shots of the back of his head from the dvd when I'm home, it might be helpful since it looks really odd and bulbous(not what you'd expect from the front)...

nomad
01-07-2003, 02:43 PM
:D Great choice again PsykoSith!! :D

You and Mars did such a great job on Yareal... definitley one of the best models yet, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

One thing that might be of interest to you...
Saese Tiin seems to look different in Episode I and Episode II.
You might want to make a choice of which one you are doing (if you haven't already).
In Phantom Menace, his face seems to be thicker/ he has a stronger jaw, I think. In AOTC his face is slimmer and longer.
The pics linked by Lord Tnuc are all the Phantom Menace version (Which I personally prefer ;) )
The one thing to keep in mind (for skinning) is his striking yellow eyes and the strange patterns on the back of his head.
The POTJ hasbro 3 3/4" action figure is actually quite a good reference for his head, including the back. That's the older figure with the robe, not the latest AOTC wave.

Best of luck, and thanks so much for your work. Because of you, we're that much closer to the completion of the Jedi Council.

some pics from Sir Steve's Guide (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=16778)

-nomad

MTFBWY
pics from the official site (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/index_movie.html)

{BK}SupremePain
01-07-2003, 02:49 PM
yup Psyko.... looking kick ass as always

Psyk0Sith
01-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
Hey, I'd like to skin this biatch if you don't have anyone else lined up. Btw, I can get some good shots of the back of his head from the dvd when I'm home, it might be helpful since it looks really odd and bulbous(not what you'd expect from the front)...

Of course you can skin him!, tho it might take a while before you get anything.

Send the pics please, the more reference, the better!
psykopat@geocities.com

Thanks man.

nomad:
I was going for the TPM look, since that's what i have on the pictures.

What should he be wearing? in the real pics he's wearing a robe Some action figures show him without the robe...but that's not Lucas approved i believe.

Thanks for the pics, that's very helpful for the clothes too.

ninja
01-08-2003, 05:59 PM
hey that looks fantabulis. no no fantasmic :)

nomad
01-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

What should he be wearing? in the real pics he's wearing a robe Some action figures show him without the robe...but that's not Lucas approved i believe.

I'd go with the robes, definitely. I believe that's all you ever see him wear in the films. And I know that YOU can weight the robes as well as the JK2 engine can handle them... so go for it :)

I'm so glad you're working on this guy, he is one cool looking Jedi.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Sinister12
01-09-2003, 04:42 AM
That model looks fantastic! It's great to see slowly all the members of the Jedi Council being re-created for Jedi Knight II. Great work!.

I'm not sure if when you create the model, if you create them to different size. It seems the JediMod1.2(if loaded), makes the model the size you create it, so for instance, Ki-Adi Mundi is supposedly 1.98 meters, where as Saesee Tiin is around i think 1.85. I'm not sure if you'll be taking height into consideration, but it is a cool thing, since it does give them that more realistic look, since they all vary in height.

-s/<itzo-
01-09-2003, 01:00 PM
all right, finally a Saesee Tiin model.

i'm impressive. keep up the great work.

12thMonkey
01-09-2003, 01:51 PM
'bout time someone made Saesee Tiin :D

From looking at the pics, it looks too me like the horns are way too thin, but the face looks good.

As for the robed or not question, how about making the robe removable by typing model saesee_tiin or model saesee_tiin/robed in the console like Toonces has done on the models he made with Tex_360?

inbredyokel
01-09-2003, 02:05 PM
I have screen captures from aotc that may shock and appaul many of you...prepare yourselves. It's Saessee Tiin- without a robe.
http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saesee2.txt

As you can see, he has a regular jedi uniform, it's just especially long around the legs(but clearly not a robe). It also appears that the tabbards on the front continue all the way down. There's also a couple shots of the back of his head, his boots, and a blurry one of his hand.

ninja
01-09-2003, 02:23 PM
@ psychosith, i think earlyer on you had said you wanted someone to skin this model or something. well i've seen this one guys work and it looks good. maybe you or anyone else for that matter might wanna ask this guy to be on your team or something. because this guy is good with his work. i dont know if he's done game models before but his 3d effects and characters are morbidly awsome. maybe this guy might be interested, i only found his work by accident. http://www.3demonic.com/galindex.html

Psyk0Sith
01-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks inbredyokel!, i dont even remember seeing him in action, that's quite a shock! hehe, if you have more just mail them to me.

psykopat@geocities.com

psychosith, i think earlyer on you had said you wanted someone to skin this model or something

inbred said he was interested, so if he still wants to do it then he's hired.

Thanks for the suggestion ninja, cool site!

inbredyokel
01-09-2003, 03:38 PM
I am definitely still interested. I've been waiting for this model for a long time, and I think I would practically pay you to let me skin it (just don't get any ideas).

t3rr0r
01-09-2003, 07:18 PM
I have screen captures from aotc that may shock and appaul many of you...prepare yourselves. It's Saessee Tiin- without a robe.
i'm not shocked at all... i was already aware that tiin wore a somewhat normal jedi outfit. eeth koth also has a similar longer outfit... although with a turtle neck type shirt.

wannadie
01-09-2003, 07:58 PM
cool, I been waiting for this one, one of my favourite jedi, did'nt know his name tho.

holy cr@p, the back his head looks like an a$$. that was shocking.

clothing:
i think he should have robes. all jedi have robes anyway & they look much cooler imo. geez man, that dress they gave him.................blaaaaaaaaaaagh. robes could also cover that.

they gave him a cool looking face & then ruined it by giving him an a$$ on his head & a dress to wear in the movie........ maybe it was laundry day, he had no clothes, so he had to wear his wifes dress into battle. hmmmmm.

anyway cant wait till its released.

Mest
01-09-2003, 08:14 PM
hey i have a pretty good front view of saesse tiin from one of the star wars cards that i got when i bought galactic battlegrounds. it is of him WITHOUT the robe. if you want it i can scan it and email you the pic.

Psyk0Sith
01-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Yeah send it, that should help.

read a few posts back and you shouldnt have too much problems finding my e-mail.

thanx!

NeoMarz1
01-09-2003, 10:54 PM
Hey Psyko, Just wanted to say that he looks waycool. I cant wait to see what you do with this guy. You know I'd skin just about any model youve made... It's just that... well... as you know I'm knee deep in model bits.;) Mars out!

Psyk0Sith
01-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Thanx!,

Yeah i know man, that's why i gave the job to inbred, but you can do some alternate skins if you want (and if you have time), that'd be a great addition.

Don't worry i'll let you finish Zam!

Sinister12
01-10-2003, 01:41 AM
I hope this image helps, it's sorta from the same perspective as the first screen of yours Psykosith.

two points.

* his nose is thinner at the tip and points downwards more, instead of outwards.

* his horns on the side are thicker a bit further closer to the tip.

* also, his nose doesnt curve out, it kinda curves downwards, if you know what I mean.

* eye sockets/eyes need to be smaller

Apart from that, it's a little hard to give more suggestions/observations until the model is a little more complete.

inbredyokel
01-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by wannadie
cool, I been waiting for this one, one of my favourite jedi, did'nt know his name tho.

holy cr@p, the back his head looks like an a$$. that was shocking.

clothing:
i think he should have robes. all jedi have robes anyway & they look much cooler imo. geez man, that dress they gave him.................blaaaaaaaaaaagh. robes could also cover that.

they gave him a cool looking face & then ruined it by giving him an a$$ on his head & a dress to wear in the movie........ maybe it was laundry day, he had no clothes, so he had to wear his wifes dress into battle. hmmmmm.

anyway cant wait till its released.

Normally I'd whole-heartedly agree with you, but without new animations, to me robes look like crap no matter how well weighted they are (my apologies to those modelers out there who have done great robes :) ). Skinning them isn't too fun either, because the textures end up looking simplistic and artificial no matter how much detail is poured in.

Sinister12
01-10-2003, 01:47 AM
http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/stiin01.jpg

http://www.sithclan.net/episode2/perso/saeseetiin.jpg

Hope this helps:)

skywalker19
01-10-2003, 02:17 AM
Normally I'd whole-heartedly agree with you, but without new animations, to me robes look like crap no matter how well weighted they are (my apologies to those modelers out there who have done great robes :) ). Skinning them isn't too fun either, because the textures end up looking simplistic and artificial no matter how much detail is poured in.

Ah i think we should just stick with the standard robed option,some people like it.

inbredyokel
01-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Yeah, it'd be ideal to do both. I'm just sayin if it came down to one or the other, my personal preference is for non-robed.

skywalker19
01-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Yeah, it'd be ideal to do both. I'm just sayin if it came down to one or the other, my personal preference is for non-robed.

i agree with ya yokel, unrobed is my preference too.

Sinister12
01-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Well, in terms of Saesee, i'd go for robed, it makes him look sort of more like an established Master. The robed version of Plo Koon model looks fantastic.

Mest
01-10-2003, 09:46 PM
I emailed you the pic Psyk0Sith. if you need a larger version just tell me and i will send you one. sorry if the pic doesnt help much.

Psyk0Sith
01-11-2003, 12:07 AM
Thanks, it's fine, we cant see much of him but still.

Mest
01-11-2003, 12:39 AM
i guess you could use it to find out how to do the sleeves at least. again i am sorry for the poor pic, i had forgotten that he had his lightsaber in the way.

Eldritch
01-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Did anyone notice that the back of his head looks like a rotten pumpkin?

Also, I think his regular garments (no robe) would be better. Sorry, I know I missed most of this conversation. :D

Mest
01-11-2003, 01:40 AM
I think unrobed would be most appropiate for jedi outcast. jedi's dont wear their robes when fighting (exceptions: Qui-gon vs Darth Maul because he was attacked by suprise, when qui-gon and obi wan fought the droids because droids are stupid and easy, and obi wan vs Darth Vader because old people get cold easy and it was pretty chilly on the death star.) Why do you think none of the jedi wore their robes on geonosis? and since outcast is a battle game i think it would be most apropriate if the jedi wore what they did in battle.

Dragonlancer
01-13-2003, 10:59 PM
None? Ok, watch the geonosis scene carefully. Like half the jedi have robes on. The two jedi who through obi and ani their lightsabers had robes.....Mace Windu had it till Jango burned it with his flame thrower. I see your point though.

El Sitherino
01-13-2003, 11:40 PM
but i like when you play someone on a duel server you wait for the command from the admin. and you switch your model to take off the robe. its kinda this roleplay thing its fun.

Mest
01-14-2003, 12:10 AM
yeah you have a good point. but why wouldnt a robe just get in their way? I could just picture a one of the jedi's tripping over his robe in the middle of a battle. now that would be embarrassing.

Psyk0Sith
01-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Sorry for not updating, i've been having some problems with Ponda Baba's mesh, as soon as i get it done, i'll work on Saesee.

Psyk0Sith
01-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Here's an update...

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/update01.jpg

I fixed the nose and started shaping the head.

Mest
01-14-2003, 10:08 PM
excellent job.

Sinister12
01-15-2003, 12:44 AM
That's great work Psyk0Sith, that model is coming along great!:)

A few points if I may?

- the mouth, at the corners, it sorta goes downward more, hence giving him this sort of more unpleasant look on his face.(or will this be taken care off when the skin is put on him?)

- his eyes, make the sockets not so wide and just a bit bigger.

Sounds Risky
01-15-2003, 12:54 AM
Looking quite good, but I'd take the tip of the nose out a bit more.

Eldritch
01-15-2003, 01:36 AM
Looks good, Psyk0Sith. I think you hit the nail on the head with the shape of the face/jawline. I do agree with Sinister on the eyes, though. I think they're too wide and could be just a tad taller. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!

Sinister12
01-15-2003, 07:08 AM
Yep, I made another comparisson and I'm gonna have to agree with Matt that the tip of the nose needs to jut down a little more, making it more obvious.

Despite the fact your showing us the model, too be honest it's a little tough to make an overall comparisson while it hasn't got a skin on it - that's just a point I'm making, not saying that a skin should be put on him now.

But at this point in time, I still put forth my two earlier suggestions and agree with the one Matt made with the nose.

This model is DEFINATELY on the right track, without question, it's making some great progress, but thing is, it's sometimes the little things that can also make a difference.

Psyk0Sith
01-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback, i'll do some changes and post more later.

I think i'm pretty much done with the face details, except some adjusments of course.

The reference i use for the front is not 100% straight and his head is kind of looking down, this can change the perspective and cause mistakes. But thanx to you guys i can see proportion errors and fix them. Thanx!

Sinister12
01-15-2003, 06:46 PM
No problem at all. I sometimes wish I was still posting here while you were doing the model Ki-Adi Mundi to provide my 2c, that model turned out extremely well too. I like offering my 2c, in hope that it will aid in perhaps making the creator see/adjust things that will improve the model on the whole.

You are doing a great job with modelling the slightly less popular Jedi Masters(and Council members).

MasterKoon237
01-17-2003, 02:57 PM
not to be impolite, but any updates? Or are you still workin on Ponda?

Psyk0Sith
01-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Ponda still needs some work, like the caps and finger weights, i'll update when i have something new for Saesee.

nomad
01-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Looking really great PsykoSith!
You really do have the face shape looking right. I would agree that the eyes might be too wide and narrow, though it does look really cool as is.
I'm definitley looking forward to this one :)

Oh, the horns might get a little too thin on your model, as opposed to how his seem to stay wider and have a bit more of a twist. Just nitpicks... I would be more than happy with the way he is... besides the blue skin ;)

-nomad

MTFBWY

Psyk0Sith
01-20-2003, 04:40 PM
I'm almost done with the head, i actually sent it in-game to take a look at the smoothing and shading.

I think it's fine the way it is (dont worry i've adjusted some features) I'll post a screenshot later. About 800 polys without the horns, might be a bit too much, but he's got no body yet so i'll wait to optimize more.

The horns are still in the rough shape, i'll lower the polycount and make them "fatter".

I dunno which outfit he should have, maybe both...plus a hood. But i'll see how it goes when i start to model.

Stay tuned!

El Sitherino
01-20-2003, 04:56 PM
sounds good. looking forward to seeing it.

Psyk0Sith
01-20-2003, 07:54 PM
need someone to confirm this...

from inbred's screenshots, it looks like the back of the head's got
a seam in the middle, am i seeing things?

El Sitherino
01-20-2003, 08:14 PM
i see it to.

Mest
01-20-2003, 10:28 PM
i am not sure if it is a seam or just a line going down the back of his head.

ninja
01-21-2003, 02:23 AM
nah its not a seam, its just the chape of his skull. at most of the pics of this character seen face forward, you can see at the tip of his head, it parts in the middle. so its like a big butt crack in the back of his head. lol

kenad
01-21-2003, 07:39 AM
I'd call it a seam.

Define seam :rolleyes:

There is definitely a small dip running down it.

Is that a seam?:(

Psyk0Sith
01-26-2003, 02:56 PM
I've been quite busy this week, so i had no time to update the model...

Yesterday i started modelling the robe, I've only done the hood it's nothing much but i think it's coming along nicely.

I'll work on the robe itself this week. I will try to add some folds this time ;).

The hood (http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/hood.jpg)

I will probably do the other outfit too...dunno if inbred is willing to skin two outfits, i could ask marz to help out when his Zam model is completed.

Oh by the way, i did add a seam to the head.

Dark Jawa
01-26-2003, 02:57 PM
looks very good PsykoSith ;) keep up the good work !!!!

inbredyokel
01-26-2003, 05:44 PM
The hood looks very nice...and I don't mind skinning 2 models if you don't mind modeling them :)

El Sitherino
01-26-2003, 05:51 PM
looks great psyk0 cant wait.

MasterKoon237
01-26-2003, 06:33 PM
That looks real sweet(even though it is just a hood)! Like "Dark Jawa" said "keep up the good work!"

Sinister12
01-26-2003, 09:36 PM
Looks awesome Psyk0sith. Keep up the good work!

Psyk0Sith
01-31-2003, 07:10 PM
I started to model the non-robed version because i wasnt too satistified with the results of the robe...it's kinda difficult to make good looking folds.

anyways here's the non-robed version in-progress and improved head.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/update02.jpg

Sounds Risky
01-31-2003, 08:19 PM
Ooooh, me like!

Dragonlancer
01-31-2003, 08:53 PM
Looks awsome man, nice to see updates. Can't wait to play with him!

inbredyokel
01-31-2003, 09:08 PM
Looking good, although I think it could lose a few few folds all around (to make it look less dress-like :D ) From the pictures it looks like the material down there is pretty rigid. Also, upon looking at aotc and seeing saesee in action, it appears that the tabbards go all the way down on both the front and back, and there is a slit going all the way up to his waist on the right side that kind of overlaps a little in the front. Perhaps this will better illustrate...

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saeseeshots.txt

His face looks kinda wide too, but it just might be the angle. You can see in these shots from both movies though that he does have a very square jaw and narrow face.

Ep 1 http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/img/eu_bg.jpg

Ep 2
http://www.starwarskids.com/behind_the_saga/epII_news/2001/22/img/saesee.jpg

Hope this stuff helps!

Khier
01-31-2003, 10:44 PM
Hey this model is looking mighty fine, good job, Psyk0! :) The hood looks pretty good too, but will you be making one that goes on over his head? Again very nice job :)

Sinister12
01-31-2003, 10:50 PM
That looks awesome so far Psyk0Sith. Keep up the good work!:)

Psyk0Sith
02-01-2003, 12:03 AM
and there is a slit going all the way up to his waist on the right side that kind of overlaps a little in the front. Perhaps this will better illustrate...

I think i see what you mean. I guess i'll have to open it up on HIS left side?

Any suggestions on how i should "pose" the mesh? cuz it wont be flowing all around the place like in the real world!

I think a simple opening to see his legs would work. That also means more polys...

He seems to have a very large face if you look at this pic:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/depa_bg.jpg

inbredyokel
02-01-2003, 01:06 AM
True, I hadn't noticed that. I guess his horns make funky shadows that cover it up. In that case, the head is eeeeexcellent ::gently taps fingers together:: As for the slit thing, the best way IMO is to model it as it would be in standing position, but with it a bit more open. I'm not a huge fan of models that have the clothing constantly in a "movement position."

Elessar-Eärfalas
02-01-2003, 01:42 AM
all i can say is WOW. ive tried modeling before [Pablo-Jill] and i kno how hard it is to get every detail perfect. i have nothing but total respect for you as this model pleases me to the fullest. oh ya, great updates to, nice and frequent...great work here :)

Psyk0Sith
02-01-2003, 02:51 AM
I'm not a huge fan of models that have the clothing constantly in a "movement position."
That's exactly why i was concerned with it. I'm gonna try to make it work the best i can.

The hood looks pretty good too, but will you be making one that goes on over his head?
Hmm maybe, once i get at least one outfit done, i'll start working on the possibilities.

Oh and thanx for the good words guys, i appreciate the feedback.

GreenDevil
02-01-2003, 05:31 PM
you are KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Some 1 guy
02-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Good job so far! Keep up the good work!;)

nomad
02-03-2003, 12:32 AM
That is looking really sweet! :D

Very nice! Thanks so much for taking this cool model on.
Good luck with the robes, I know how frustrating they can be with the JK2 engine.
I thought you did a good job with Yareal's robes (within the limitations). What are the main differences between building and weighting Yareal's robe as opposed to Saesse's robes?

-nomad

MTFBWY

Psyk0Sith
02-03-2003, 01:45 AM
I thought you did a good job with Yareal's robes (within the limitations). What are the main differences between building and weighting Yareal's robe as opposed to Saesse's robes?

I want to add folds so it looks a bit more realistic, Yarael's robe was quite plain.

I just finished modelling his boots (a bit of my own interpretation based on the DVD screens from inbred)...i need some sleep.

I'll post some updates later this week.

...thanx guys :)

El Sitherino
02-03-2003, 01:59 AM
to Psyk0:
http://www.wsmcafe.com/users/02022012yd2/image4index.jpg i think that sums my feelings up.

Psyk0Sith
02-04-2003, 05:05 PM
Any thoughts on the tabbards? as suggested, i opened it so it looks less of a dress ;). Also toned down the folds.

I posed it very straight so it would open up and show the lower body but only in extreme movement i guess.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/tabs00.jpg
I thought maybe i could use the first version of the tabbards (with lots of folds) to create the Jedi robe...that would make a nice starting point.

I'm not sure if folds will matter, since the robe is very dark. Oh well i guess we'll have to wait and see.

{BK}SupremePain
02-04-2003, 06:07 PM
YOUVE DONE IT AGAIN MAN! hes looking very very nice, but that open (lets just call it a kilt hehe) kilt isent what he has in the movie is it? i dont realy think it looked like a dress before

boinga1
02-04-2003, 07:19 PM
looks good, REAL good

Ronin_Medjai
02-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Not sure what that gy looks like but that pic shows his chest real bulky just thought id give my quick Two Cents looks good other than that keep it up.

Sinister12
02-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Saesee is apparently pretty solid, and he's around 6', 6'1" tall(which means he would be a little shorter than your Ki-Adi Mundi model Psyk0). So far looks very impressive Psyk0Sith. I like this model.

Psyk0Sith
02-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Remember that this is a WIP...so it will most likely evolve over time, and the chest proportions are roughly based on Kyle's torso.
isent what he has in the movie is it? i dont realy think it looked like a dress before
That's what he's wearing, according to the screenshot i saw...i guess you could call that a kilt! :).
The "kilt" in action... (http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saeseeshots.txt)

Sinister12
02-05-2003, 07:38 PM
Is it just me or is Saesee carrying a blue lightsaber in battle? I thought he had a green one?

Psyk0Sith
02-05-2003, 08:22 PM
I have no idea why, but it seems that's what George wanted in the movie...

Altus_Thrawn
02-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Looking very good, I like the "kilt" idea.
I wish I could model like that...awsome.

Mest
02-07-2003, 12:25 AM
the different color lightsabers are a technical error from the special effects team. if you watch the end scene close enough you will see many jedi including even ki adi with 2 different saber colors. i blame it on just poor memory.

Dragonlancer
02-13-2003, 11:50 PM
I'm slightly frightened at the idea of what this could look like once it's skinned. :D

Psyk0Sith
02-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Frightened in a good way i hope? :)

inbredyokel
02-14-2003, 12:46 AM
How's good ol' Saesee coming anyhow? I am ready as all hell to start skinning this guy...

Psyk0Sith
02-14-2003, 01:05 AM
Hope you are patient...i was saving this for tommorow...but hey wait it is tommorow!...:D

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/pics/saesee/update03.jpg

ninja
02-14-2003, 01:13 AM
hey whats up psycho sith, hey those pics are pretty fired up. awsome. hey i was wondering, have you given it anythought for this model to have an evil looking face for team colors. cause in a way this model does kinda look like a demon. so maybe like for the red team skin color. like some fangs or something? red skin? just a thought. http://members.aol.com/EDCstudios/images/mask-SaeseeTiin.jpg

_NinjaGaiden_
02-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Can beleive it All these Jedi Models coming out are gonna be sweet to see them all in game together! Keep up the Good Work

inbredyokel
02-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Hope you are patient...i was saving this for tommorow...but hey wait it is tommorow!...:D

:eek:
...wow

Khier
02-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Whoa it is looking awesome :D, it's really good to see a few of really great modellers doing these Jedi models, hopefully someone will do Coleman Trebor or Eeth Koth soon.......

SkiTzoGuy
03-07-2003, 10:26 PM
:eek:

Saesee Tiin Looks soooo AWESOME!!..
Im so glad all of these great outstanding models are coming out.
Keep up the good work Psyk0Sith!.. :jawa

GreenDevil
03-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Psyk0Sith, you just keep getting better and better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkiTzoGuy
03-09-2003, 05:27 PM
OMG! :D
I can't wait for this model to come out!...its so awesome! Keep up the good work!..

NeoMarz1
03-09-2003, 05:32 PM

Dang Psyko! A model with that kind of detail, no one will be able to really make a skin. Just throw a blanket over the top, an Vwahlah! Skinned! Really loooks incredible! I better get my Zam out before I lose a spotlight :angel: Mars out!

Psyk0Sith
03-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah well i went a bit over the top...i've removed some of the folds (cuz it was a bit high in polycount) and after watching AOTC, i've noticed obi wan's had very few.

Saesee has not progressed much since im keeping myself busy with AOTC:TC models: so dont worry, i wont interfere with your release :D.

P.S.:I think Inbred already asked you this, but i think you should consider joining the AOTC team, i could use the help! ;).

SkiTzoGuy
03-10-2003, 02:13 AM
Hey Psyk0Sith.. Im sure whatever you do itll be Perfect :D ..
Man i can't wait for all of these cool models to come out.:cool: :D
Keep up with the good work Psyk0Sith!

Oh.. if anyone is willing to donate any credits to me i would very much appreciate it. :D my goal is to try to get a glowy name by sometime this year.. or next. :p

NeoMarz1
03-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Yeah well i went a bit over the top...i've removed some of the folds (cuz it was a bit high in polycount) and after watching AOTC, i've noticed obi wan's had very few.

Saesee has not progressed much since im keeping myself busy with AOTC:TC models: so dont worry, i wont interfere with your release :D.

P.S.:I think Inbred already asked you this, but i think you should consider joining the AOTC team, i could use the help! ;).

You know the folds aren't too big of a deal (for skinning) Since Texporter colors the lighting reference to the map. I forgot that part :) I know you already knew that. I wouldnt take too many folds out. Yeah, I should join AOTC. Let those guys know I am interested. I would certainly benefit by working along side you. You already know my skill level, so there is no big surprise there. Write me a mail, Cuz I dont get notifies for threads anymore, (since I changed e-mails), Maybe you can help me figure out how to get my "Thread alerts back". I notified my e-mail change but no notifications come. Thanks again freind (Old Chumb! as Batman would say) Mars out! Oh I still have the same E-mail you have, so dont worry. Mars out a second time :angel:

Psyk0Sith
03-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by NeoMarz1

Write me a mail, Cuz I dont get notifies for threads anymore, (since I changed e-mails), Maybe you can help me figure out how to get my "Thread alerts back". I notified my e-mail change but no notifications come...

If you changed your e-mail int the edit profile, make sure you also checked this option (Go to edit options):

"Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in."

by checking "yes" that should solve your problem...well i hope :D.

DarkLord60
03-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Ive watched your work and you are talented we would love to have you and I know anakin our leader would to so if you want to join Ill get anakins approval and then I can let you in.

inbredyokel
03-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
Ive watched your work and you are talented we would love to have you and I know anakin our leader would to so if you want to join Ill get anakins approval and then I can let you in.

One step ahead of you :) I got Anakin's approval way back when he had me recruit Psyk0Sith.

DarkLord60
03-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Thats good to hear well would you like to join? I can give you access when your ready if you want that is.

ninja
03-23-2003, 07:28 PM
how goes it? everything fine i hope.

Anakin
03-24-2003, 05:02 AM
lol- Im the last to know about this thread :P
Like the work on here :)
How is the progess, as we are taking up most of your time on AOTC:TC :)

Anakin

Psyk0Sith
03-24-2003, 01:49 PM
I need to finish another model im working on...and then Saesee will make more progress...i hope!.

ninja
03-24-2003, 03:04 PM
whats your other project your working on?

Psyk0Sith
03-24-2003, 06:17 PM
A concept character for AOTC:TC

DarkLord60
03-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Well will make sure we dont keep you to busy that you couldnt't finish this model.

Brodin
03-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Wow! Looking great dude!

*opens book of evil plans*

sabotage.....sabotage....AHA! page 342.

ermm....:rolleyes:

Anakin
03-26-2003, 04:27 AM
Yeah, mate get this finished first, the community demands it so :p
we can get back on track after.

Crowy
03-28-2003, 09:30 AM
when it comes to modelling psychosith you are one of my heroes... i cant wait for you to finish this one up! sassae tiin f***in rocks! and so do you!

.:Solusar:.
04-04-2003, 12:39 AM
Heh...
Saesee Tiin and Plo Koon are the top 5 models i am waiting for..
I saw that screenshot of saesee and i was like OMG :eek:.. that is like perfect man.. Keep up the good work man..

Crowy
04-04-2003, 02:35 AM
is sassae still a wip... or perhaps a wnip? i hope its still a wip... coz it rawks

Psyk0Sith
04-04-2003, 02:39 AM
Im not dead and Saesee is still alive ;). I just put all my "ressources" to complete my first model for AOTC:TC, it's almost done so i'll resume work on Tiin.

I might scrap the robe i have right now and start from scratch (for the 3rd time) but i'll keep the hood cuz i like it very much. Oh well i'll see how it turns out.

Stay tuned!

Crowy
04-04-2003, 02:52 AM
good to see thayt your alive and so is sassae... dont rush... just no replies for a week = curiosity

04-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Crowy
good to see thayt your alive and so is sassae... dont rush... just no replies for a week = curiosity

He has been busy making another model for AOTC.. I think hes almost done with that model... or he might be already done with it.. anyway now hes gonna work on Saesee Tiin more... Just to let you know what he was doing this whole time.. :D

SkiTzoGuy
04-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Well anyways.. back to the topic at hand.. Saesee Tiin and Plo Koon will be one of the best models i have every seen.. Well PsykoSith you are doing a tremendous job!.. do keep up with the good work.. O BTW did you figure out which robe you'r gonna select?

Crowy
04-06-2003, 08:58 AM
stupid question probably... do you have any ideas of what your next model is gunna be? or you gunna hang loose for a while till jedi academy comes out?

see what i mean by stupid question... but please no stupid answers!

04-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Crowy
stupid question probably... do you have any ideas of what your next model is gunna be? or you gunna hang loose for a while till jedi academy comes out?

see what i mean by stupid question... but please no stupid answers!

I think, i read this somewhere in psykoSith's realm or something like that.. it said he was goin to try to make adi galia, or Even Piell. or both.:D

Psyk0Sith
04-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Hmm im not really sure which one i should do next...yes i've talked about Adi Gallia or maybe Even Piell (basically cuz i have the head done already).

But a Kaminoan would be interesting, i've already made a good chunk of the body but im limited by the skeleton's proportions so that's a long term project (if i need to make my own skeleton, and possibly fail miserably :().

Since i joined AOTC, i've seen a few concept characters made by starwars fans and im very anxious to bring them to JK2!

The "real" starwars characters are great but some of the concept art is so amazing.

The only problem is they will be exclusive to AOTC:TC. Maybe 1 or 2 public releases to get people's attention ;).

I only hope that current characters will be compatible with JK3 (and i think they are)

04-07-2003, 01:06 AM
It doesn't really matter which model you do psykosith.. im sure they all will be practically perfect ;). And yes let us all hope that all the jk2 models will be compatible with jk3.. IF not that would be the pits especially all you good modelers put all that time and effort to bring forth your models.

SkiTzoGuy
04-07-2003, 01:16 AM
Kaminoan would be nice to have but that would be pretty hard to make because of how big the thing is. Anyway Even Piel would be easy to make. im assuming, you can just get a yoda model and skin it off of that. then make some pink coloring :D , maybe not. Adi Galia would also be nice since the lack of female jedis.

Crowy
04-07-2003, 04:21 AM
id say if anyone had the modelling skill for making a new skeleton itd be you!!!!

ronbrothers
04-07-2003, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I'm wondering if all these fine JO models can be used in JKIII too.

Crowy
04-07-2003, 08:21 AM
who isnt!!! it mightnt matter if they have a huge variant of costumes and species..
i also wonder will you be able to model new like.... sp attire... faces hair etc...???

but anyways back on subject... got an idea of a possible release date psyko?

SkiTzoGuy
04-07-2003, 10:40 PM
There are forums, that say that jk3 will be able to have new skeletons for modeling.. yes i think it will be easier to model in the jk3 multiplayer game.. but i don't know about the single player version.. all i know in the single player game you can choose your own person or customize one you can customize a lot of things in jk3. :D

04-08-2003, 01:13 AM
:D heya PsykoSith. hows the model doing?
Can we get the latest update on your model? if so that would be nice to see. And um did you figure out which robe your going to pick? O btw how long do you think this model wil be released?

ninja
04-08-2003, 01:16 AM
hey whats up, when the model is done will you make a new thread saying it is released?

Crowy
04-08-2003, 05:49 AM
i tihnk people like you and toonces and kinja etc... etc... should be put in some sort of modelling hall of fame for your jk2 acheivements!!! your models are by far some of hte best jedi related out there

Psyk0Sith
04-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Please dont ask for a release date, i have no idea myself how long it will take, so please be patient...

Screenshots will be posted when there's real progress made.

Thank you! :)

ninja
04-08-2003, 06:10 PM
hey psychosith your getting psycho lol. i was saying will you make a new thread saying the model is released when it is. or will you keep posting it in here?

Tesla
04-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Nice job on this model Psyk0Sith i very much like your other works well done !! :D

Crowy
04-09-2003, 05:18 AM
sorry if i came across slightly push im jsut easily exctiable!!!

you take as long as you desire on the model...

Psyk0Sith
04-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ninja
hey psychosith your getting psycho lol. i was saying will you make a new thread saying the model is released when it is. or will you keep posting it in here?

Hehe i was answering to crowy's question, and yes i will create a thread when it is released.

04-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Thank you psykoSith.
hows the modeling doing? it already looks perfect. why make it more? :D well anyway whatever you do with the model it will look perfect casue you rock:D :D

Shotokan
04-10-2003, 03:19 AM
ooo... delicious...

04-11-2003, 12:09 AM
I love this model! and i love Plo Koon:D
Anyway I want to say Thank you PsykoSith For making this model!. If Saesee Tiin was going to be made a model or a skin, it should be you cause you are like one of them best, or in my opinion, or one of my favorite. :D Please keep up all of the good work! Were with you all the way.;)

ninja
04-11-2003, 07:49 AM
one thing about psychosith is he's very involved with our forum community. he goes to request forums and answers people. some modelers might actually find good stuff in there. anyway, psycho sith your an allright dude. your cool man.

04-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Dude.. hes more then that. hes like the best modeler and hes.. well hes just one of those guys that gets off there butts and actually does something for a living. ;) were just nerdy people doing stuff on the internet;) :rolleyes:

Crowy
04-12-2003, 12:26 AM
i dont know what started all the arse kissin.... but.... theyre right...

ninja
04-12-2003, 04:51 AM
lol well its true.

04-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Do any of you know what psykosith has in mind for a Sith Saesee Tiin? I think i read it before but im not sure if that was the one he wanted to do. It seemed to me that it was a suggestion by someone. Anyway just wondering. O Btw I love this model and Plo koon! .. yay:D

Crowy
04-12-2003, 10:32 AM
i thought the sith version would be more the skinners decisions... or do you do your skinning too???

04-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Well i don't skin or model. but in the future when im not a lazy bum on my chair looking at a screen for countless hours;) anyway i think psykosith is busy for the moment.;) like I said before a lot of modelers have there own lives too. LIKE ME;) :D :p but im not a modeler.. YET!

Shotokan
04-12-2003, 02:06 PM
hey musnt forget toonces!

Crowy
04-12-2003, 07:51 PM
dont get me wrong, i know they have lives

thats if that was directed at me

04-12-2003, 09:06 PM
Aw this sucks, Howd i get banned from the store?.. Someone plze tell me what to do or howd this happend

Shotokan
04-12-2003, 09:28 PM
lol seriously? jes you? cuz im not banned... yet... wats the most recent thing u did?

04-12-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Shotokan
lol seriously? jes you? cuz im not banned... yet... wats the most recent thing u did?

Dude im not laughing, anyway I don't know what I did wrong. and I don't know who the administrator is, so what am i supposed to do? HELP ANYONE! I want my store privileges back! OK Im sorry for whatever i have done,

Crowy
05-07-2003, 06:13 AM
whats happening with this mr psykosith???

kerocool
05-08-2003, 03:17 PM
I really hope this model is soon finished

Psyk0Sith
05-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by kerocool
I really hope this model is soon finished

Yeah that's what i tell myself, but i've been very busy with my job and personal stuff.

DarkLord60
05-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Yeah I hope so to.

05-09-2003, 05:26 AM
heh, modelers do have lives too! :p Anyway ive been looking forward to seeing this one out.. I hope it comes out soon..

Crowy
05-26-2003, 06:40 AM
i know its on hold and all but how many polys was what youve done???

Psyk0Sith
05-26-2003, 09:09 PM
3000 something as always, but a bit high. I've been working on a new robe design to cut down polys.

Crowy
05-27-2003, 07:16 AM
are you basing the new ones off of the toy or another source like screens from the movies...

Darth Stryke
07-26-2003, 03:12 PM
I noticed this thread as a link in another one of his posts-very nice I must say. It appears that he is using a mixture of sources, mostly from film captures though.

Psyk0Sith
07-29-2003, 01:33 AM
Wow didnt notice this thread 'til now...the robe is based off my personal interpretation of what a robe looks like in low poly .

I do check a lot of screen captures ;).

Miko Reglia
07-29-2003, 02:59 AM
and thats what makes you such a good modeler:D

Darth Stryke
07-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Didn't notice it until now-shame on me. I am hoping that this, plo koon, and eeth koth are all coming soon. In case you didn't know, eeth koth is being done by the guy who did the Plo Koon model and Shaak Ti model that is on pcgamemods.com. And then, when JA comes out, I can import them right to it! Well, supposidly one can-only time will tell.

ninja
07-30-2003, 01:01 AM
man this model is starting to look great. psycho never ceases to amaze me. he should get a job at a pro company some day.

Scoundrel
09-27-2003, 01:31 PM
You know what? You are the best modeler I know. There are many amazing models made by other modelers, but you are... Too great. I'll be waiting. This will be superb model. Modeling is not too easy, I tried to make Pablo-Jill (Just like that other guy, strange:confused: ), and it turned out to disaster. Great job man, keep it up.

12thMonkey
09-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Nice to see someone is having a crack at Saesee Tiin. I aint been on lucasforums for months on months. The last time i checked, about three people tried to make this model but all quit after a few weeks, Must have a curse or something, so Lests hope the curse of this model dies with this model.

Anyway the model is looking great Psyk0Sith so keep up the great work.

Darth Stryke
09-27-2003, 02:49 PM
*Sigh* Please do not reply to these old threads unless one of the creators does. There is no point in making these kind of replies. We all know the thread is here and bumping it will not remind the creator(s) of the model to work on it. If you are dying to know anything about the model that isn't here or if you want to know if the model is still around, PM the creator or the team of creators for the project and ask them. I say this because the last few replies were not really replying to anything really. If a WIP thread hasn't been updated in a few months, there is no point in posting in it until the creator(s) give an update.