PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Tintagel (Take two)

Wes Marrakesh
01-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Well, everyone, I'm back. After a one-and-a-half month slump, I've done a very big re-haul of Tintagel. I finally have screenshots. 6 of 'em to boot! ;)

*crowd gasps*

On top of that, I've got most of the map layed out! :D

*crowd gasps again*

Anyway, Shadriss was kind enough to lend me a page or two of his moonfruit site, so click on WIP: Tintagel (Wes) and check out the screenshots. They cover the large areas and don't do hallways or elevator shafts.

Comments, as always, are greatly appriciated.

Did I spell that right?

EDIT: Uh, his site would help.... http://shadriss.moonfruit.com
I'll be leaving now.... uhh, yeah...

Eagle_e7
01-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Lookin good wes:thumbsup:

wedge2211
01-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Nifty! I like your detailing (what I could see of it...) In my opinion, it's a big improvement over what your last Tintagel attempt looked like, it seems very impressive. I like your use of curves, that takes some skill. :)

Wes Marrakesh
01-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Where? Because the two best examples were done by other people (the bar and gate). I'm going to re-do the bar though... maybe the gate...

Shadriss
01-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Touch my gate, Wes, and you DIE!

Admiral_Ackbar8
01-13-2003, 08:44 PM
like it wes

cool!
:D :cool:

200th post!

Wes Marrakesh
01-13-2003, 09:07 PM
Congrats.

And now, a long-awaited update!

I have bunks on both sides of the elevator landing. Some are enterable, some are not. Each has a diff .md3 for variety.

I have inspiration for the teleport destination (from math class, of all places) and I'm going to do a slight re-work of the pub and NOT the gate. Happy, Shad? :D

Shadriss
01-14-2003, 05:02 PM
I am appeased. You may live. :D

Wes Marrakesh
01-18-2003, 09:41 PM
Alright, update time. Since I'm on the laptop up in the mountains, I don't really have the bandwidth or hardware to get good-looking pics (although I am running a compile). I have almost completely re-textured the bar and fixed the lighting. That's mostly it. Screenshots by Wednesday, latest.

Wes Marrakesh
01-21-2003, 11:34 PM
So I was wrong. With a simple click the website was gone. No more pic hosting for me for now :(

Oh well. No hard feelings, *censored for that person's safety* ;)

Shadriss
01-22-2003, 05:54 AM
I suddenly feel so guilty for a simple mistake... Don't owrry wes... I'll have a new site ALL for you soon... just as soon as I get my lazy self to doing it.

PajamaSam
01-24-2003, 12:04 AM
looks good :D

Wes Marrakesh
01-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Two updates:

Progress has been slow due to my Gtk being near unusable due to slowdowns. I just can't move.

Second. New website. And because of said problem, I cannot fix a leak that stops compile. So no new screenies. But look at www.weskesh.moonfruit.com anyway :D

Wes Marrakesh
02-20-2003, 11:07 AM
And the final update....

If anyone wishes to continue this map, I will send everything over to them. If not, it is dead. I have no steam to do it and it is very drag to me.