PDA

View Full Version : Rare items???

daywalker
01-11-2003, 05:18 PM
are there going to some rare items that will give you some cool stats or what???

Com Raven
01-11-2003, 07:35 PM
yes, for example there will be rare crystals you can put into your saber...

daywalker
01-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Thats cool... cant wait to get my hands on this game :thumbs1:

Lord Glorfindel
01-11-2003, 07:49 PM
WOW!!! Didn't know that

Thats cool

Com Raven
01-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Casey revealed it at the last chat...

Pad
01-12-2003, 08:45 AM
u need 3 crystals to make a lightsaber and each crystal has different statistics, like color, good for deflecting shots, good for combat,...

daywalker
01-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Padanime
u need 3 crystals to make a lightsaber and each crystal has different statistics, like color, good for deflecting shots, good for combat,...

oki thanks padanime and raven

Mex
01-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Where are we going to find these crystals? I won't play much if I cannot find them!

daywalker
01-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Flanders
Where are we going to find these crystals? I won't play much if I cannot find them!

around all of the planets?

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 03:27 PM
some should be plainly in sight, while others will be hidden...

daywalker
01-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
some should be plainly in sight, while others will be hidden...

oki what about armor or some weapons like blasters or is it only the crystals that are rare items?

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 04:55 PM
should depend...

daywalker
01-13-2003, 06:24 PM
should depend...

depend on what??? :)

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 06:57 PM
well, you get some in stores, others you find or receive as rewards when completing quests...

Eets
01-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Gah! All this talk about lightsaber crystals is making me wet myself in anticipation! :(

Com Raven
01-14-2003, 11:09 AM
uhm, you are a boy, right ?

uahhhh

daywalker
01-14-2003, 11:14 AM
well, you get some in stores, others you find or receive as rewards when completing quests...

Oki doki... thanks for the answer...

Com Raven
01-14-2003, 11:21 AM
hey, that's what I am here for...

Swat
01-18-2003, 06:01 AM
can we put 2 crystals in a single-bladed lightsaber? n if we do wat can it do abt it? adjust the length of the blade (heard somewhere abt that somewhere)

Pad
01-18-2003, 12:50 PM
i dont know about that as u need 3 crystals to make ur lightsabre.

Eets
01-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Technically, it only takes one crystal to make a lightsaber...

Swat
01-18-2003, 11:42 PM
here's something abt that length adjusting thing.

"Millennia ago, another Sith Lord, Exar Kun, fashioned a modified lightsaber with two blades. During the events of the Great Sith War, Kun modified his existing weapon to increase its lethality. Customized controls allowed him to extend the length of each blade from half a meter to one and a half meters"

btw, this quote is from the databank of the official site

Taos
01-18-2003, 11:49 PM
I knew i'd seen that before somewhere. :)

There are two crystals...one for color and the other for length [of your lightsaber Com]. About this third crystal......would or could that be used for the strength of your saber......meaning the ability to cut through metal/armor etc.

Iceman
01-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Padanime

do any crystals alter your sabres appearence other than just colour:confused:

Swat
01-19-2003, 10:31 AM
so far nope, but hopefully have

Katarn07
01-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Rare crystals include exotic colors that are not announces yet.

The easy ones are Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow (gold). So all you Mace fans will probably have to search the depths of a Womp Rat lair on Tatooine to get a purple crystal, or something that daring.

Then the ones that don't change color will give your saber more power, and in turn will be hard to find. I read this at BioWare Forums. Devs occasionally answer questions.

Taos
01-19-2003, 02:35 PM
I've been known to lurk through the depths of the bio forums as well. :)

I have a feeling that we will be able to choose almost any lightsaber color.......I mean we get to use dual sabers or a double bladed lightsaber, so why not have a few extra colors to chose from as well. :)

Katarn07
01-19-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I have a feeling that we will be able to choose almost any lightsaber color.......I mean we get to use dual sabers :)

I to believe they will include a lot of colors. Not just basic types, but hue of that color. I also can't wait to wield my Yellow and Red sabers against Sith Troopers!

-=Hooded-Jedi=-
01-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Maaaaan i want a dual lightsaber...you know how from the beginning of the game you choose a lightsaber and/or customize it?? Can you start with dual sabers? or a double sided lightsabeR?

Pad
01-19-2003, 04:04 PM
its like ur force abilities, u need to gain them durin the game ;)

ivaj
01-19-2003, 04:32 PM
good to know :)

Katarn07
01-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Just be sure to specify which style you want so you perform better in battle with that.

I am sure once you get the parts, you can build multiple sabers. And I know you can custimize them at anytime. So buy the parts, or whatever, and you'll get the 2 sabers or double bladed saber, quite early. That is what I think!!!. This is not a fact.

Pad
01-20-2003, 07:28 AM
I've heard many things about creating your own lightsaber, what will make one light saber different from another besides its power? Will it give raises to certain attributes, or have elemental damage?
-Matt Cervetti

James O: Lightsabers can be modified by using a variety of crystals found throughout the game. Each lightsaber can have three different crystals. One crystal determines the color of the saber, while the other two crystals modify the energy output. Some crystals enhance the lightsaber's ability to cut through steel and thus do more damage against droids. Some crystals widen the beam of the saber making it easier to deflect blaster bolts, while other crystals simply improve the energy output all around, making for a more powerful weapon.

The Amence One
01-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Would you be able to switch between crystals? I mean, it says one for deflecting blaster bolts and one for streigth, would you be able to keep a hold and switch them round for different situations?

Pad
01-21-2003, 02:24 PM
i guess u can as wherever u come, u can gain various crystals. so if u keep a record of those, u have the ability to choose between them.

Hannibal
01-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by -=Hooded-Jedi=-
Maaaaan i want a dual lightsaber...you know how from the beginning of the game you choose a lightsaber and/or customize it?? Can you start with dual sabers? or a double sided lightsabeR?

I want dual too. I don't really care what color.
Your character won't start out as a Jedi so you won't have a saber till later. But I'm sure they'll make it so you become a jedi quickly cause it would suck to play half the game without a saber.

Also, I read on the Bioware forums that while one of the Devs was testing the game he killed a Jawa and it dropped a lightsaber. He said you should be able to customize all sabers so if you find one(like say a Jawa drops one) you can take the crystals from that and use it for yours.

PS He didn't say the jawa was using it.:) Just that he dropped it.

So I imagine that means crystals won't be difficult to find.

-=Hooded-Jedi=-
01-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Whoa sweeet thats pretty cool. I wonder how the story turns for you to become a jedi.

Taos
01-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by -=Hooded-Jedi=-
Whoa sweeet thats pretty cool. I wonder how the story turns for you to become a jedi.

I know I can't wait to find out! :)

Katarn07
01-21-2003, 10:41 PM
I've known for some time you don't start as a Jedi, but like in JO, you become one quite early in the game... For an RPG, at least.

I wish I could give you a link to better boards, but I got in trouble for doing that once...

I'll give you all a hint, if you haven't been there alreday... Go to KotOR's official site (the LEC one), and in the menu, there is a link called FORUMS. Click the version you want (PC, XBOX)...

Just don't post until after reading through all of the threads. Many questions have been asked millions of times and the mods get pissed easily, and kicks good threads back a ways. So just read and reply.

Burrie
01-22-2003, 07:10 AM
Egad, so I take it that this could also mean that you can pick up the lightsaber from a fallen (Dark) Jedi? Damn, I'm gonna start a saber collection on the Ebon Hawk...

Hannibal
01-22-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Burrie
Egad, so I take it that this could also mean that you can pick up the lightsaber from a fallen (Dark) Jedi? Damn, I'm gonna start a saber collection on the Ebon Hawk...

I've known for some time you don't start as a Jedi, but like in JO, you become one quite early in the game... For an RPG, at least.

At the Bioware Forums(Katarn07 ;)) the Devs said that you won't be able to take the saber off all saber wielding enemies. Which I don't really understand.

Katarn07, we look at those forums too. I woudn't say they are better but since the Devs post there its the source for (factual) information. That's where we get our information from(also chats and previews).
Also I think Com has a spy in Bioware selling him secrets.(shhhhh);)

Thrift
01-23-2003, 12:03 AM
I think some lightsabre's might corrupt you.
Ie. Give you whopping penalties for wielding them or even maybe carrying them.
Or maybe they will just be like a drug :)
Then we could really call them "smack" sticks :D

Though yeah with the unlimited inventory you have (I think), it is going to be way tempting to start a mighty lightsabre collection.

I reckon I might also try get a nice Pazzak collection. That new RPG Gamer interview ( http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2003/011703c.html ) makes them sound pretttttty sweeeeet.

Katarn07
01-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
At the Bioware Forums(Katarn07 ;)) the Devs said that you won't be able to take the saber off all saber wielding enemies. Which I don't really understand.

Katarn07, we look at those forums too. I woudn't say they are better but since the Devs post there its the source for (factual) information. That's where we get our information from(also chats and previews).
Also I think Com has a spy in Bioware selling him secrets.(shhhhh);)

Not saying they're much better, but the whole dev thing is good. The onlyquestions I asked that weren't asked ( the only ones I asked, as a matter of fact) were about Malak's name and how it could be Darth and how much customization do you get on clothing for party members. The clothing one was never answered by a dev... Hopefully, alot.

Hannibal
01-23-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Not saying they're much better, but the whole dev thing is good. The onlyquestions I asked that weren't asked ( the only ones I asked, as a matter of fact) were about Malak's name and how it could be Darth and how much customization do you get on clothing for party members. The clothing one was never answered by a dev... Hopefully, alot.

Hey, would you be hanging out here if they were much better?;)

Most of the question I've had were answered by reading other people's questions there. I read posts there for like 3 months before I joined.

I like the fact that they hint at different things like the possibility of flowing jedi robes. Though they said it might not be likely we'll see some form of robe. Maybe not flowing though.

BTW Has everyone noticed the screenshots where the PC's back is facing the screen? His hair looks great(graphicly, I'm not a hair dresser:D) YOu can see folicles. Here it is:
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/swkotor/images/screens/81.jpg

Uber_Saber
01-23-2003, 10:06 PM
I have a question:

Crystals of various sorts will be scattered around?

"Hey, look! Another crystal! Wonder what these things do?"

*Bastila Shan rolls her eyes*

or...

You walk into a shop. You say, "Hey, you got the new Deathmaster XZ-3000 lighsabre?"

The shopkeeper pulls it out and says "Yeah, I just got it in this week."

I would think you'd only find these in places like the Jedi Academy or Korriban, perhaps.

Taos
01-23-2003, 11:48 PM
I think you will be able to find crystals "scattered around." It's not like they will just have them lying conviently for you......you'll have to do some hunting I think. :)

Notion
01-24-2003, 01:07 AM
The quest of finding the crystals and parts for your lihtsaber will be a long one. The dev's are following the movies so they said it won't be an easy task (It took Luke forever, 7 years or something with Obi-Wans guide/journal to help him I can't remember). I think the quest for it is supposed to be pretty long.

But I might be getting this info mixed up with SWG.....:D

Eets
01-24-2003, 01:53 AM
Nope, didn't take Luke 7 years. It was at the MOST a month. He did it in between TESB and ROTJ, and in SOTE it explained why he had a different saber, and had the part where he finishes it in there.

Thrift
01-24-2003, 02:00 AM
I'd tend to agree with you in the idea of them not being an easy thing to build (though presumably at the Jedi academy/temple they would have all the tools/equipment ready?), but are you sure about the 7 year thing??
Just how big a gap was there meant to be between ESB and ROTJ??

Burrie
01-24-2003, 03:27 AM
There's but a 1-year gap between ESB and RotJ.

And I would very much like to know where you got this 7-year gap off... as far as I know, Luke built his saber during SotE which is between ESB and RotJ... and I've read a few, rather vague, references that he might've also built one between ANH and ESB, but I could be wrong on this one.

Swat
01-24-2003, 04:50 AM
k. i've got the bk shadows of the empire wif mi. it saes,

"The book said a jedi master in a harry could construct a new lightsaber in a couple of days."

but luke was still a jedi knight then, that could make a huge difference

Burrie
01-24-2003, 05:10 AM
Hell, ever seen Corran Horn, Jedi Apprentice? He's capable of turning handles of speederbikes into full-fledged lightsabers.

Uber_Saber
01-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah, but I seem to recall Corran having a problem with his lightsaber at one point...

Something involving a faulty crystal?

Notion
01-24-2003, 09:48 PM
Yeah, ok I don't know where I got the 7 years thing. The point is though, that you can't just walk to the center of Yavin Temple (or wherever) and pick up a lightsaber. At least, It shouldn't be that way. A quest requiring all your skills and some patience should do it fine.

Eets
01-25-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Uber_Saber
Yeah, but I seem to recall Corran having a problem with his lightsaber at one point...

Something involving a faulty crystal?

Nope, his power cell died.

Taos
01-25-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Notion
The point is though, that you can't just walk to the center of Yavin Temple (or wherever) and pick up a lightsaber. At least, It shouldn't be that way. A quest requiring all your skills and some patience should do it fine.

I agree with this completely. I hope there is some type of quest or something.....it will only add more realism to the game and make it better. :)

Swat
01-25-2003, 02:13 AM
juz like the mission on yavin 4 in jkii involving kyle

Hannibal
01-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
I agree with this completely. I hope there is some type of quest or something.....it will only add more realism to the game and make it better. :)

Only problem I see with this is that in times of combat they wouldn't have time to send you on a lightsaber quest.

I imagine it'll be "on the job training" rather than what would usually go for Jedi training. After all it says from the beginning the Sith will be attacking the Republic and you will be immediately sent to find Bastila.

Taos
01-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Ah, good point. I kind of forgot that part about the sith attacking. I've been trying to find out everything else about the game and I forgot that......*shrugs* Oh well....:)

Carth Onassi
01-26-2003, 03:12 PM
Just using your first light saber will be so awesome it doesn't really matter how you find it, as long as you get to use it at some point in the game.

Notion
01-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Just think of the moment just before completing a quest that will get you the necessary crystals for that custom saber you've wanted for a long time. The difficult path you've taken to get there, what you'll do with it afterwards. Moments like that are why I'm looking forward to this game.

Taos
01-26-2003, 03:40 PM
I couldn't agree more. I'm getting all excited now thinking about it. :D

Swat
02-07-2003, 06:12 AM
guys, on pg 251 of new jedi order dark tide I: onslaught. u can c a paragraph saying,

the yuuzhan vong took a step 4ward, n corran cranked his right wrist around. the throttle assembly twisted, swapping a diamond 4 an emerald in the lightsaber's interior assembly. the energy beam narrowed n went frm sliver 2 purple, then more than doubled in length. the blade's tip stabbed deep through the younger vong's left eye socket.

anyway, corran's lightsaber is an old-style, dual-phase lightsaber

Burrie
02-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Egad, I gotta reread the Dark Tide duel books... I can't remember Stackpole writing like that? Do take note, swatteam, that NJO takes a few years after I, Jedi, in which Corran did create a saber out of a speeder bike handle and some trinkets.

I personally really hope that the link between a Jedi and his lightsaber is more than one could imagine... at least, that's how I always felt about it. Unfortunatley, in the Dutch Interview that I posted in a thread awhile ago, they did say that you can easily swap sabers just like that, without any consequence whatsoever... what I personally simply would like is that you'd get more efficient with a particular lightsaber as long as you keep using it. (of course, the interview also said that we'd play Sabaac instead of that Paktak(whatever you call it), so it could be wrong).

I, for one, am going to try and hold on to my first lightsaber, as well as the second one I'll construct later on... (although I think I will try to keep a collection of the sabers of my defeated foes)

Swat
02-08-2003, 05:48 AM
yes, stackpole writes like that, n it's spelt as pazak

Burrie
02-08-2003, 06:34 AM
the yuuzhan vong took a step 4ward, n corran cranked his right wrist around. the throttle assembly twisted, swapping a diamond 4 an emerald in the lightsaber's interior assembly. the energy beam narrowed n went frm sliver 2 purple, then more than doubled in length. the blade's tip stabbed deep through the younger vong's left eye socket.

yes, stackpole writes like that, n it's spelt as pazak

Then we must both have different versions, because in mine, he writes forward instead of 4ward, he writes and instead of n, and to instead of 2, and several other changes.

:D

Naphtali
02-08-2003, 06:42 AM
I think maybe somehow you'll end up using someone elses lightsaber like Luke did, then as you beomce a full jedi you'll be able to design your own.

Swat
02-08-2003, 09:12 AM
Then we must both have different versions, because in mine, he writes forward instead of 4ward, he writes and instead of n, and to instead of 2, and several other changes.

err, burrie, i typed it (shortcut form of writing)

Burrie
02-08-2003, 10:49 AM
I know, swatteam... I thought that the empty space and the huge grinning smilie at the end of the post would clear that up.

Aliasalpha
02-08-2003, 08:41 PM
I must say that I'd like the ability to construct a saber from scratch myself rather than modify the one you get when bastilla jumps in & saves your arse from the first full fledged sith you meet (my guess). The self constructed sabers in the main RPG give you a +1 synergy bonus since you're so familiar with it which would be pretty cool.

I'm only hoping that you can only change the saber crystals on the Ebon Hawk. It'd be total crap to be able to pause combat because you find a nasty sith, swap out the +1 blaster deflect crystal to slot in the +1 damage crystal then resume combat.

Burrie
02-08-2003, 08:55 PM
I can remember reading somewhere that you would be only capable of switching and inserting crystals, and doing other general work on your lightsaber on the good ol' Ebon Hawk.

Swat
02-09-2003, 08:40 AM
yup, the crystals are on ur ship. can't be in ur inventory. *imagining a bulging pocket*