PDA

View Full Version : Cheats, or No Cheats?

Eets
01-13-2003, 12:48 AM
Alright, there are countless threads asking one of two questions.

It's either "Will you be a good Jedi, or an evil Jedi?" or "What class will you be?" - Let's all be honest to ourselves and ask the REAL question.

Cheats, or No Cheats on your first run through?

I'll admit that I usually have a problem while gaming. I cheat like a dog. However, some games that are truly captivating (such as Warcraft III, which I'm playing now) don't let me use cheats. I mean that because the game is so enthralling, so fun, so moderately challenging, that I don't feel the need to cheat.

Whether SWK is such a game remains to be seen. However, I'm going to force myself to go the first run through WITHOUT cheats, and maybe cheat a little on the multiple times afterward.

Why am I choosing not to cheat the first time through? I'm a SW Gaming fan, and I like RPG's. SWK will be a monumental game in the history of SW Gaming.

Alright, I'm done blabbing now. My god, my fingers ache. Somebody else post already! :mad:

Pad
01-13-2003, 04:25 AM
im actually the same kind of player as u r, eets.

after i play a game for a while and i loose my intrest, i go to cheating. or when i have trouble finishing a certain level (always get killed) im also relying on cheats.

but as for games as kotor (the good ones) i force myself not to use any cheats. i want to finish the game without cheats so i can be PROUD. :D

i might use cheats after that to go back to certain levels or see some secrets i hadnt seen before.

Taos
01-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Eets
Alright, there are countless threads asking one of two questions.

It's either "Will you be a good Jedi, or an evil Jedi?" or "What class will you be?" - Let's all be honest to ourselves and ask the REAL question.

Hey, I started one of those. :swear: :p ;)

Why am I choosing not to cheat the first time through? I'm a SW Gaming fan, and I like RPG's. SWK will be a monumental game in the history of SW Gaming.

I agree completely. :)

Alright, I'm done blabbing now......

Thank goodness! :p :D

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 10:01 AM
I stopped using cheats sometime in 98...

daywalker
01-13-2003, 12:01 PM
i am not going to cheat the first time i play the game and complet it. 2rd time i will be playing this game i might try to see how the cheat codes is but i am not a guy who cheat alot....

Hannibal
01-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
I stopped using cheats sometime in 98...

Cold turkey?

I pretty much play through the game twice then use the cheats. I'll also then check out a walkthrough to see if I can find anything I might have missed.

I like easter eggs more than cheats. They both give a game life after you've beaten it a few times. To those with no will power I say :p .:D

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 02:22 PM
I sometimes look at walktrhoughs after beating everything I found to see if I missed a cool quest or stuff...

daywalker
01-13-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Com Raven
I sometimes look at walktrhoughs after beating everything I found to see if I missed a cool quest or stuff...

i look at a walkthrough when i am stuck a place for a very long time.....

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 06:02 PM
I guess that's acceptable :)

Lord Glorfindel
01-13-2003, 06:45 PM
"I have been computer and console cheat free
since 93"
-Lord Glorfindel

Actually, I only cheat to get myself out of a bad situation

Taos
01-13-2003, 06:48 PM
I use walkthroughs.......otherwise, I'd be stuck for hours on one stupid part. I like to check and make sure I didn't miss anything cool. :)

Eets
01-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Okay, here's a report on WC3. I was forced to use the resources cheat! ^_^ I couldn't control myself! :(

Taos
01-13-2003, 11:01 PM
It happens to the best of us.....:lol:

I was wondering when it might for you.....because anyone who makes a thread about cheating or talks about it.......well, cheats at times. :D

Still enjoying WC3 I see....that's good. :cool:

Eets
01-13-2003, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I'm getting bored with the night elves though. If I don't see any of those double-sword swinging maniacal awesome d00ds soon, I'm gonna scream.

Thrift
01-14-2003, 12:25 AM
mmm I'm the same as Hannibal...

Only really use walkthroughs and cheats after I've already completed it, and it's more to look for easter eggs or goodies I never got the first time through.

Unless I get really really really stuck.

Which has happened once or twice.

Lord Glorfindel
01-14-2003, 11:27 AM
While were on the subject of "cheats" what is the weirdest cheat you have ever used in a computer or console game?

Mine is the Chicken-Metoer-Storm cheat in AOM

Hannibal
01-14-2003, 11:35 AM
Mine is the crash the game cheat in JK2.
It just crashes the games.
I was like what the...!

Com Raven
01-14-2003, 04:12 PM
don't fear, you will get your Demon Hunter...

Darth Zaius
01-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Note to everybody: learn the teachings of my philosophy, its not cheating if you do not get caught.

but really, wont cheat untill further in the game, trust me ;)

Lord Glorfindel
01-14-2003, 08:43 PM
*Looks around for Moderators, can't seem to find any*

Welcome, Darth Zaius, to StarWarsKnights.com LForums, enjoy your stay, I am not sure I have the right to say this, because I am not an official welcomer, I am just a member, but welcome anyway

Notion
01-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Hardly ever use cheats, but, I used the JKII walkthrough (xbox) about 9 or 10 times..

Jed
01-14-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
I use walkthroughs.......otherwise, I'd be stuck for hours on one stupid part. I like to check and make sure I didn't miss anything cool. :)

Same here Leemu. Especially on those uber-long games like Zelda.

:p

-=Hooded-Jedi=-
01-15-2003, 12:07 AM
While were on the subject of "cheats" what is the weirdest cheat you have ever used in a computer or console game?

Weirdest one would be turning everyone into chickens in baldurs gate. heheh....memories.

Pad
01-15-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel
*Looks around for Moderators, can't seem to find any*

Welcome, Darth Zaius, to StarWarsKnights.com LForums, enjoy your stay, I am not sure I have the right to say this, because I am not an official welcomer, I am just a member, but welcome anyway

why wouldnt u be allowed to welcome new members. it only results in a nicer atmosphere where the new ppl feel accepted and respected. and i think the mods can only support/second that ;)

Welcome to the swknights forums Darth Zaius. may u enjoy ur visit here ;)

check out the rules and conduct thread to make sure no misunderstandings are made.

Darth Zaius
01-15-2003, 03:43 PM
just checked them, thanks, anyways to stay on topic,

im a sith so don`t blame me for being cheap, im just natuarally evil :dev7:

Darth Simpson
01-15-2003, 05:19 PM
I rarely cheat, especially on my first run through a game.

Eets
01-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Hmm.. we got alot of goody two-shoes here.. :P

Darth Zaius
01-15-2003, 09:21 PM
hey im no goodie toe shoes, im a strict sith that knows the true meaning and way to use the force, so go by unlcle Zaius`s sig and make all the evil unite to destroy those over-rated jedi!!, but i see you go by my ways so im giving you an invitation to join up with my party and destroy the galaxy together

now to stay on topic: cheat to win, cheat to live, and get "free" stuff on the way

Taos
01-15-2003, 11:45 PM
I'll admit it....I'm a goody two shoes....when I have to be :p[/i]

Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel
[B]*Looks around for Moderators, can't seem to find any*

I guess that's my cue....WELCOME TO STARWARSKNIGHTS.COM :D I hope you stick around to enjoy the fun! Really, that's what it's all about. :)

Glorfindel....Pad is absolutely correct. Feel free at anytime to do what you did! ;) You've been around here long enough now I think you have earned that right. :)

Hannibal
01-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Eets
Hmm.. we got alot of goody two-shoes here.. :P

Don't fret Eets some of these people are lying.
*looks at Hannibal*
Oops...I mean...
*looks at Hannibal*
Umm....
*looks at Pad*
Ahh, that's better.;)