PDA

View Full Version : Fave Music?

Benihana14
01-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Faith inspired me to start this thread. I was just wondering what kind of music alot of you listen to? Since most of my friends listen to the same genre as I do, I was just curious what you guys like.
I'm mostly a fan of punk, Its what I like to play, Its what I like to go watch, its the shiznit you may say. A couple of my buddies have had me listen to some harder stuff, and I'm starting to like it too...I can tolerate alot of music....those are just my preferences.
So lets hear it?

Feral
01-13-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm into metal, rock, and punk; it depends on my mood which.

NiKo
01-13-2003, 03:08 PM
same as feral, metal rock and punk...
but mostly metal

Al-back from the BigWhoop
01-13-2003, 03:24 PM
im gonna b a lil original: metal, rock, punk AND bossa nova

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 03:48 PM
Industrial, Metal, EBM, Punk, Gothic, Some Hybrids, Techno/Electronica, Rock, Classical, Some Alternative

My Favorite Band is Rammstein.

murta
01-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Punk, rock, ska, hardcore, metal, hip-hop

Bands:
Rufio
The Starting Line
King Prawn
Lightyear
Finch
From Autumn To Ashes
Dashboard Confessional

Faith
01-13-2003, 04:53 PM
ledzeppelin
the beatles
the who
nirvana
foo fighters

Acrylic
01-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Faith, you like exactly what I like...strange...lol :D

Faith
01-13-2003, 05:04 PM
its not strange its cool!

You like the coral and the music (the music r sh!t live :()

Acrylic
01-13-2003, 05:10 PM
I heard U2 was the worst band EVER to hear live...Thats just what I heard, lol.

Benihana14
01-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by murta

Bands:
The Starting Line

Saw them live at the warped tour on the Drive-Thru Records stage...they rock, the lead singer is like 17? Sheesh...just bought their CD, its kickin. Hope to see more of them...

Finch

Finch rules...I'm going to see them sometime soon, buddy just ordered tickets....

I wont' comment on all the bands, I'll just stop now, but good list!

Faith
01-13-2003, 05:49 PM
U2 r wuite cool live... especially on elevation tour! Put on a gud act aswell!

Talkin about recent topics n live... dont avril ring a bell for sucking majorly? :rolleyes:

Guybrush122
01-13-2003, 05:53 PM
rock and roll, punk, punk rock, or old metal, ie Led Zep

Benihana14
01-13-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm kinda tired of U2....ok, not really U2, but Bono....He gets on me nerves sometimes.....except that time when he sang with the lead singer of the Corrs....cuz shes gorgeous.

Natty
01-13-2003, 06:25 PM
I've been listening to techno more than I care to admit to these days :( and for some reason I seem to love listening to Bec Cartwrite- All Seats Taken heaps just to irritate me. Those in the UK will realize how irritating it is when its released there in a few months (Bec=Hayley from Home and Away)

Although I've also been listening to Australian music more often as well :) So proud of myself
Silverchair
INXS
ACDC
Superjesus
Skyhooks (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!)

And I'm actually starting to realize that most pop kinda music all sounds the same. I'm so over it

SuicidalXWing
01-13-2003, 10:13 PM
Other Bands I like:

System of a Down
Pitchshifter
Static X
KMFDM
Nine Inch Nails
Stabbing Westward
Pantera
Coal Chamber
Zeromancer (has a few good songs, haven't heard many though)
Kittie
KoRn
Nirvana
Powerman 5000
Slipknot
Gravity Kills
Weezer
Disturbed
Aerosmith
Some ACDC

Hmm, I'm getting carried away.

Guybrush122
01-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by SuicidalXWing
System of a Down

(note: the following is just my opinion, nothing more. please, nobody wallop me.)

ugh!!! I HATE System! The lead singer has such a whiny, glass-shattering voice and UUUUGGHH!!!!!!

*collapses and drowns in vomit*

Faith
01-14-2003, 06:22 PM
Cannot beat ledzeppelin.....

the whole of ledzeppelin 2,3,4 r brilliant! Houses of the holy... some of physical graffiti! Ramble on!! cannot beat a good ledzep song (not many bad 1s!)

best song i can play on my classical guitar is the rain song... soooo melodic its beautiful! :)

murta
01-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Benihana14
I wont' comment on all the bands, I'll just stop now, but good list!

lol, do you even know any off the other bands (except Dashboard?)

Benihana14
01-15-2003, 12:03 AM
Actually I do buddy...I really like Rufio other than the 2 I listed. I don't remember where I heard them first...but I enjoyed the name from Hook....plus their remake of that Madonna song, um...Like A Prayer, that was on the punk goes pop album, and thats when I started d/l'ing alot of their stuff.

King Prawn...haven't heard alot from them actually. I've heard a couple songs....they were ska'ish if I remember, the songs I heard anyway...and the guys voice is really good. I like ska, so yeah, i've enjoyed what i've heard of them so far really.

Which brings me to Lightyear....they are super-ska. Again, heard a few songs from them from a buddy, who has a big cd of burnt songs of ska bands...so yeah. Heard of them, like em.

Dashboard...yeah

And From Autumn to Ashes is the only band that I might not fully like as much as you....bit too screamy for me at times, which is odd, cuz I love alot of screamy hardcorish bands...they just didn't do it for me.

But yes, I heard of them all, and I said I didn't want to list them...but alas, you made me :)

swediot=)
01-15-2003, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Guybrush122
rock and roll, punk, punk rock, or old metal, ie Led Zep

you read my mind ...... ROCK

mercatfat
01-15-2003, 12:58 AM
The guy from SOAD has a beautiful voice, as does Glenn Danzig of the Misfits and Joshe Homme of QOTSA.

I can't say the same for the music though. QOTSA rocks and the Misfits are good till you're 14, but SOAD's songs just don't hook me.

Thom Yorke has an awesome voice too. and the dude from RHCP, but I'll be damned if I can remember his name right now.

These days-

Shonen Knife
X-Japan
Temp Sound Solutions
Queens of the Stone Age
The Minibosses
Weezer (Pinkerton)
The Strokes
Mars Volta
Radiohead
Black Flag
Various local and metal stuff you've never heard of.

murta
01-15-2003, 01:07 AM
Actually I do buddy...I really like Rufio other than the 2 I listed. I don't remember where I heard them first...but I enjoyed the name from Hook....plus their remake of that Madonna song, um...Like A Prayer, that was on the punk goes pop album, and thats when I started d/l'ing alot of their stuff.

King Prawn...haven't heard alot from them actually. I've heard a couple songs....they were ska'ish if I remember, the songs I heard anyway...and the guys voice is really good. I like ska, so yeah, i've enjoyed what i've heard of them so far really.

Which brings me to Lightyear....they are super-ska. Again, heard a few songs from them from a buddy, who has a big cd of burnt songs of ska bands...so yeah. Heard of them, like em.

Dashboard...yeah

And From Autumn to Ashes is the only band that I might not fully like as much as you....bit too screamy for me at times, which is odd, cuz I love alot of screamy hardcorish bands...they just didn't do it for me.

But yes, I heard of them all, and I said I didn't want to list them...but alas, you made me :)

Good stuff man, but NOBODY likes Rufio more than me :p and Punk Goes Pop = crap apart from like 4 songs, didn't like Like A Prayer much either, it's OK though.

murta
01-15-2003, 01:10 AM
Here's some more to slap down on your ass:
The Shods
TheAllNewAdventuresOfUs
The Weakerthans
Adequate 7
Something Corportate

Benihana14
01-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Seems as though my ass has been slapped by some bands I don't know....
The shods? No clue.
Adequate 7? Nada...

I've heard a little NewAdventuresOfUs....i'm forgetting how, I think I got some of their stuff w/ some Hey Mercedes....they have somewhat of the same sound, from what I've heard of New Adventures.

Weakerthans sounds familiar....haven't heard a song though. My buddy probably has them.

Something Corporate is actually pretty big around here....i thought I was the only one to hear of them...but some of my pals have their cd, and i've seen shirts and crap around campus....so thats cool.

Keep em coming though man, I love hearing new stuff for sure. If you'd like, I can post alot of stuff I have, but I wasn't sure if you wanted me to or not...but I'll look up those others now, if they are good.?.

Benihana14
01-20-2003, 01:54 AM
Murta, you going to be at any of the warped tours? I've seen the list for the bands to come this year so far....looks great! I'll be at the one in Kansas City this summer.....

Rufio
01-20-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by murta

Something Corportate

worst band ever!

i hate the new sparkle rock phase that has been happening, and the whole hick/piano thing does not work for me.

i saw these guys live before they even had a name, they sucked then, and they suck now. anyhow they are just a poor ripoff of the rocket summer

Rufio
01-20-2003, 04:16 AM
kick ass bands that need a listen

fourbanger
a static lullaby
coheed and cambria
dumbstruck (formerly thru being cool)
in pieces
knockout
mi6
mayfield
running late
park

thats all for now, i could drop so many more but then it might be overwhelming

NiKo
01-20-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by mercatfat
The guy from SOAD has a beautiful voice, and the dude from RHCP, but I'll be damned if I can remember his name right now.

Dude, how can you not know the name Anthony Kiedis?

and i dunno, Serj Tankian has an okay voice...nothing fancy

murta
01-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Rufio
worst band ever!

i hate the new sparkle rock phase that has been happening, and the whole hick/piano thing does not work for me.

i saw these guys live before they even had a name, they sucked then, and they suck now. anyhow they are just a poor ripoff of the rocket summer

My lady-friend likes them though :o

Originally posted by Rufio
kick ass bands that need a listen

fourbanger
a static lullaby
coheed and cambria
dumbstruck (formerly thru being cool)
in pieces
knockout
mi6
mayfield
running late
park

thats all for now, i could drop so many more but then it might be overwhelming

Yup, heard them all, saw Cohhed & Cambria live last month with Funeral For A Friend and From Autumn To Ashes.
My musical taste has certainly mellowedjust lately, alot more emo and acoustic crap has been getting a listen in. Plus plenty of ska to balance out the emofied depression :)

Rufio
01-20-2003, 03:07 PM
coheed is awesome, i just got permission from equal vision to record the next show i go to for punkrockvideos

murta
01-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Awesome, didn't know you ripped for PRV, what's your alias for them?

Kjlen
01-20-2003, 06:36 PM
:shadow Punk and Metal ALL THE WAY! :sbdance

Frenchyd
01-20-2003, 09:13 PM
Favourite Bands:
Darryl's Grocery Bag (still)
System of a Down
Dashboard Confessional (I got there CD for christmas, and i like it, i HATE THE FACT THAT IT'S LIVE.)
nofx
and i'm admitting, i love christina aguilera's new.. persona.

Rufio
01-20-2003, 09:54 PM
i dont do the work, i just tape stuff and have others fiddle with it, haha im lazy

Benihana14
01-20-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Frenchyd
and i'm admitting, i love christina aguilera's new.. persona.

Persona = Sluttyness?
There are factors about it that I enjoy and dislike....obvious reasons why I'd like it :)

Surfergirl
01-22-2003, 07:06 AM
I'd listen to anything me. I'm quite into The Beatles, Floyd and The Doors at the mo tho. The Coral are cool!!!

I'm the music queen, anyone need a band extra who can do most things!!

:cowdance

murta
01-22-2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Surfergirl
The Coral are cool!!!

:thumbsup:

Frenchyd
01-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Persona = Sluttyness?
There are factors about it that I enjoy and dislike....obvious reasons why I'd like it :)

i love how she's HER now, and not some britney-wannabe loser. i kinda wish she'd put on a shirt, but hey.

Benihana14
01-22-2003, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I'm glad shes not all goody-girl anymore, like she use to be....like britney use to be. Now (atleast she says) that shes doing what she wants, and being who she wants...which is cool...kinda, but yes, now she is super-slut....oh well. Whatever sells.

Kjlen
01-22-2003, 05:09 PM
Offspring!
>=D YEAH!
Metallica is awesome too.
Anethema is just as good.

Guybrush122
01-22-2003, 05:22 PM
band i like? hmm

mainly old stuff:

Led Zeppelin
MC5
The Stooges
The Kinks
Moby Grape
Nirvana
NoFX
The Blackhearts
The Who
Jimmy Hendrix
The Grateful Dead
The Donnas
Rolling Stones
Sublime
Bad Company

and last but DEFINATELY DEFINATELY DEFINATELY not least...

The Hellacopters

the above bands deserve a good listen ... all of em :D

SuicidalXWing
01-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Metallica sucks big monkey balls. They have not nor have they ever been good.

FirstItGiveth
01-27-2003, 11:37 PM
MY FAVORITE BANDS: (because you all care so much)

Nirvana, The Pixies, Fugazi, Queens Of The Stone Age, Rage Against The Machine, The Strokes, The Vines, The Coral, Soundgarden, The Velvet Underground, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, The Dead Kennedys, The New York Dolls, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains, The Music, The Rolling Stones, Mudhoney, The Melvins, Ash, Beastie Boys, Bad Religion, System Of A Down, Radiohead, Coldplay, Audioslave, Smashing Pumpkins, Interpol, The Datsuns, The Liverteens, The Soundtrack Of Our Lives, Badly Drawn Boy, The Misfits.

And The Music KICK MAJOR ASS LIVE!!! I saw them perform with Seether (ugh) and The Vines (YaY). The lead singer looks like he has rubber arms :P

Faith
01-29-2003, 03:40 PM

YOU write a melodic piece like ONE or NOTHING ELSE MATTERS or FORGIVEN and gt back to me on how much they suck... :D

Al-back from the BigWhoop
01-29-2003, 09:23 PM
i have more than 10 musics from:

Angra
Beatles
Beegees
Blind Guardian
Bruce Dickinson
Caetano Veloso
Casseta e Planeta
Cazuza
Chico Buarque
Eduardo Dusek
Elis Regina
Elton John
Foo Fighters
Gabriel Pensador
Gilberto e Gilmar
Heavenly
Iron Maiden
Joo Gilberto
JQuest
Kid Abelha
Legio Urbana
Lobo
Lulu Santos
Madonna
Metallica
Michael Jackson
Milton Nascimento
Monty Python
New Found Glory
Nightwish
Nirvana
Offspring
Paul McCartney
Queen
Red Hot Chilly Peppers
Rhapsody
Shania Twain
Skank
SpongeBob SquarePants
Stratovarius
Tim Maia
Tits
Tom Jobin
Weird Al Yankovic

Benihana14
01-30-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Al-back from the BigWhoop
i have more than 10 musics from:

Monty Python
SpongeBob SquarePants
Weird Al Yankovic

hehehe, good choices...

Darth Groovy
01-30-2003, 07:45 AM

They were good only back in the days of Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets. After the "N" epsisode, I boycot any music by them....:mad: