PDA

View Full Version : Complaints


Arreat
01-17-2003, 04:09 PM
I was trying to post some messages on these forums but pop ups kept popping up! I suggest that you(mods or whomever is boss around here) just eliminate the pop-ups while we post!Its a real nuisance to have to close every pop-up for every word we type! I don't mind pop-ups while im reading messages on these forums.
Another thing, While closing pop ups one of the pop-ups actually came to my attention. edit is quite inappropriate, to many of the young children who browse these forums who will eventually find this very humorous and show these pics to their parents! Soon after we may have complaints and bigger problems.

So admins ( or whoever is in charge) please take into consideration which types of ads should be displayed on these forums.

All other complaints post here.

Katarn07
01-17-2003, 04:13 PM
Aren't those stupid things required for this site to run???? That is how they are "funded" or something.

Popups during replies is a nuisence, but if they're there, they're there.

That link didn't work, but I have no memory of bad pop ups. Well, I exit them before images appear, so that explains it....

Arreat
01-17-2003, 04:16 PM
Well, since the link didn't work here it is...
http://www.twistedideas.com/cgi-bin/picture_frame.pl

BigTeddyPaul
01-17-2003, 04:17 PM
HOLY SHIZNIT! That link is totally not appropriate for this site. I saw butts, nipples, vaginal hair, and whores who would sell their ugly selves (I assume they don't really mean that) on that site. I have never seen that on a popup but if it is linked to one of the popups here that would be wrong. Popups make money so I am also not saying to get rid of them but get some good advertisements.

Glad you spotted that and I hope this gets taken care of.

BigTeddyPaul

Katarn07
01-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Still doesn't work on mine. But that description is enough to know why we don't want it here.

Are you sure you didn't have another window open and that site produced a pop up for it? Because once something like that above pops up, that to may have a bunch of pop ups to similar sites. I don't recall anything like that....

Arreat
01-17-2003, 04:23 PM
I checked my history and nope i never went to any other site but this.

Katarn07
01-17-2003, 04:26 PM
OK. I really don't want anything like that here. The only ads that I know offend some are the ones with the sexy women. But those are banners and are for... I don't remember what for, but not anything like that!

teutonicknight
01-17-2003, 04:28 PM
That site is definently not fit for LucasForums.

If you don't like pop ups, there is a popup blocker for IE6. I have no idea what it's called though, I don't use IE. I use Mozilla (http://mozilla.org) . Mozilla has a built in blocker by the way. ( plus it have tabbed browsing, which IE doesn't have)

Katarn07
01-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Any one know where the one for IE is? How much? How effective?

Arreat
01-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey TeutonicKnight do you use 1.03? Cuz i really wanna get rid of junk email... Just wanting to know if it works.

Arreat
01-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by teutonicknight


... If you don't like pop ups, there is a popup blocker for IE6. I have no idea what it's called though, I don't use IE ...

Ah bull nvm i just read that it doesn't work for IE :mad:

EDIT: W00t, 400 posts!!! :D

CaptainRAVE
01-17-2003, 05:22 PM
There are pop up ad eliminators out there that work very well. I dont bother using them anymore though. I just automatically close the windows without realising.

Katarn07
01-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE
There are pop up ad eliminators out there that work very well. I dont bother using them anymore though. I just automatically close the windows without realising.

I do that right clicking the boxes on the task bar so fast, I some times get rid of my main window! So yeah, I don't need one....

Father Torque
01-17-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by UsetheFORX
Ah bull nvm i just read that it doesn't work for IE :mad:

EDIT: W00t, 400 posts!!! :D

Me too we :D :D points to posts look i aint lyin:)

I guess i can w00t,400 posts!!! :D too

Father Torque
01-17-2003, 06:58 PM
HOLY SCHINZIT i just a bad one. NAAAASTY THIS HAS BECOME A VERY BIG PROBLEM AND IF IT DOESNT CLEAN UP THEYRE ARE GONNA BE CONSIQUINCES. PEOPLE WILL LEAVE NEVER COME BACK GET BAD IDEAS LEARN STUFF TO SOON(NOT SAYING IM NOT YOUNG BUT I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT THIS STUFF IN BIOLOGY FOR 2-3 YEARS SO PLEASE ADMINS GET ATLEAST IF YOURE GONNA DO SOMETHING GET RID OF THE POP UPS OR IF YA CANT DO THAT GET RID OF THE NASTY UNNAPROPRIATE POP UPS YOU HAVE AND GET SOME NEW ONES

teutonicknight
01-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey TeutonicKnight do you use 1.03? Cuz i really wanna get rid of junk email... Just wanting to know if it works.

Hm.. Mozilla has E-mail? Sorry, but I don't use the composer feature... :(


w00t,1120 posts!!!

Hm.. that did really have the effect I wanted it to have... :eek:

obi
01-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Do you know how many threads have been made for this exact purpose? Many.

I am moving this to the feedback area, for it does not belong in the swamp.


BTW, I am removing that link in your post, nothing personal, but it isn't that appropriate to be posted.

BigTeddyPaul
01-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Do you know how many threads have been made for this exact purpose? Many.

I am moving this to the feedback area, for it does not belong in the swamp.


BTW, I am removing that link in your post, nothing personal, but it isn't that appropriate to be posted.


HAHAH! Wait a minute. It isn't proper to be posted in the forums but there can be links from the popups that the forums provide? Isnt that a little ummmmm yeah. Anyone else see something wrong with that besides me?

BigTeddyPaul

obi
01-18-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul
HAHAH! Wait a minute. It isn't proper to be posted in the forums but there can be links from the popups that the forums provide? Isnt that a little ummmmm yeah. Anyone else see something wrong with that besides me?

BigTeddyPaul

Chances are, if they see a pop up, they will hit X before it even loads. Now, if they are browsing the forums and see a link and click it, they will expect something to pop up. Now do you see why I removed it?


Don't worry, I know what I am doing. ;)

Arreat
01-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by obi-wan13
Chances are, if they see a pop up, they will hit X before it even loads. Now, if they are browsing the forums and see a link and click it, they will expect something to pop up. Now do you see why I removed it?


Don't worry, I know what I am doing. ;)

Thats true, but i don't do that.... You see, i found this ad while i was posting so when i was done posting id close em one by one. I read just a tiny bit of it which then caught my attention, that should explain how i noticed it. :D

ShadowTemplar
01-23-2003, 12:59 PM
Since this is a "complaints" thread:

Why does LF kill extra spaces in the beginning of a line? Can't somebody convince this place to accept a standard paragraph notation? It makes a mess of your layout on the Stories Forum (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=434). I can understand why its desireable to have monospace only in the main text, but having to have a full line between each paragraph makes the text look silly, and not having it makes it hard to read.