PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Gaming

Xbox-Fett
12-31-2002, 08:04 AM
[EDIT Taos-This thread is now all about xbox gaming, not just one game in particular.......so discuss anything and everything xbox. :)]

Today i went and got 3 more xbox games including starwars jedi knight 2 its really good :) and the 2 player is fun

these are the xbox games i now own

splinter cell
halo
sega gt 2002
mad dash racing
jet set radio future
morrowind
starwars jedi knight 2
Nhl hitz 2002

i'm glad i got a xbox :)

Taos
12-31-2002, 08:25 AM
Hey sweet! You'll love it....:D I got MechAssault...you should check that out as well!

The only thing is....you should have posted this in the off-topic area....;)

Com Raven
12-31-2002, 08:28 AM
yup, you should have...

fortunately, Ravenman was here with his super-mod-powers...

Mex
12-31-2002, 08:37 AM
I got Jedi Knight 2 for the Xbox for christmas, I havent completed it yet, and my dumb 'friend' put the cheat on for all characters...

Now I cant get it off! :nut:

Com Raven
01-01-2003, 05:53 AM
hmm, worst case delete your file from the hdd, that way it will be off :)

Mex
01-01-2003, 06:30 AM
NO WAY!

I am not deleting my data, I hated the missions where you dont have a lightsabre to death!

Taos
01-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Flanders
I got Jedi Knight 2 for the Xbox for christmas, I havent completed it yet, and my dumb 'friend' put the cheat on for all characters...

What are some of those cheats and where did he get them from?

I've already beaten the game, I guess the only thing I could do would be to go back through on a higher difficulty level.......but, I've got other games now to keep me busy! :D

Mex
01-02-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
What are some of those cheats and where did he get them from?

I've already beaten the game, I guess the only thing I could do would be to go back through on a higher difficulty level.......but, I've got other games now to keep me busy! :D

The cheat is called peeps and it unlocks all of the characters in the jedi arena

Taos
01-09-2003, 01:27 AM
:eek:

I can't believe I have missed this........it was sitting here at the bottom of the page. Oh well, thanks for the code Flanders...I'm gonna use it before I go to bed. :)

Com Raven
01-09-2003, 07:41 AM
CHEATER! LAMER! WANKER!

ah well, now I can sleep peacefully :)

Taos
01-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Heh.....actually, the cheats didn't work for me as I have already beat the game. I thought it would be seven additional characters......slightly disappointing. Oh well...

Com Raven
01-09-2003, 03:43 PM
look, that's what you get!

cheating makes the little Raven cry...

Mex
01-09-2003, 04:06 PM
I seem to have beaten Tavion on the Xbox version.
She was hard but, I beat her, and I have a new game now.

Rocky!

Its quite good, you can even see bruises and blood when the fight progresses.

Com Raven
01-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Yeehaw, the Italian Stallion returns :)

Taos
01-09-2003, 06:23 PM
It took me forever to beat Tavion.....man she was tough. I wasn't sure I was ever going to beat her. Desann on the other hand I destroyed on my second try. He was very easy. :)

Rogue15
01-09-2003, 06:35 PM
i beat tavion on my second try, mostly cause i was gawking at her on my first try. :naughty:

Taos
01-09-2003, 07:02 PM
LOL....you want to talk about gawking...go and rent MK Deadly Alliance and play against the females and you will see what I mean. :naughty:

:D

Com Raven
01-10-2003, 04:44 AM
that's all for kiddies, play DoA!!!

Pad
01-10-2003, 05:31 AM
sorry to ask this noobish question, but what is DoA and gawking?
*points at belgian location* ;)

btw, thanks to leemu i got glow.
thanks man :thumbsup:

so from no on any1 who is in need of credits, let me know

Com Raven
01-10-2003, 08:51 AM
gawking: staring at girls in unholy ways...

and DoA is Dead or Alive...

Pad
01-10-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Com Raven
gawking: staring at girls in unholy ways...
:eyeraise:

and DoA is Dead or Alive...
never heared of that game. whats it about?

Darth Simpson
01-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Great-looking fighting games made by horny japanese men.

Lord Glorfindel
01-11-2003, 07:29 PM
It took me forever to beat Tavion.....man she was tough. I wasn't sure I was ever going to beat her. Desann on the other hand I destroyed on my second try. He was very easy. :)

The easiest way to kill Tavion is by going on that tallest A/C unit looking thing and when Tavion tries to jump up there with ya go right under her so she lands right on top of you, it makes her jump again of your head and then she dies from the fall to the ground or she falls into the endless pit, thats how I always beat her

Taos
01-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey thanks, I'll have to try that the next time I play her. That will prove useful on the Jedi Knight difficulty. :)

Com Raven
01-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Dead or Alive is the best looking beat'em-up right now...

Taos
01-11-2003, 09:36 PM
I'll be sure and check that one out! I've been meaning to anyways. I've got these video store gift certificates I've got to use for something.......:)

Thrift
01-11-2003, 10:35 PM
It probably didn't help that I chose to do JKII on the hardest difficulty available straight off the bat, but I thought that for the level of ability that you're at, Tavion was pretty tricky.
Harder than Dessan if it comes to it.

Though I reckon just about the hardest fight was probably when you first encounter those two shadow troopers.
That was probably about the worst for me.

BTW. What the hell are those "Force Crystals" for.

And for that matter, what are those secret locations for?

Taos
01-12-2003, 01:45 AM
The force crystals make your lightsaber "stronger" so they can be used to defeat the shadowtroopers. As you know when you first fight the two of them in that circular room, your lightsaber is ineffective. So you need a stronger saber in order to defeat them.

The "secret locations" you're refering to, do you mean the secret areas? If so they are only there to collect extra health, weapons etc. Nothing else really.......

Thrift
01-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Ohh I see.

Thanks for that.

Hmm I just thought coz they display at the end of each level "Secret Areas 2/3" or whatever it might be something interesting to get them all.
Hahaha I'm glad I didn't go back and try and find them all in that case.
/ Thrift has a traumatic flashback to Zelda : Ocarina Of Time wasting several hours achieving the flawless 2000 point score in the horse archery...

Com Raven
01-12-2003, 01:35 PM
yeah, they are in for kicks...

Taos
01-12-2003, 10:14 PM
For those who have played it....what are your thoughts on the Xbox mp?

I think it's amazing for a console. In fact, it's the best console mp I've ever played. :D

I enjoy capture the flag at the warring factions. Look out, you're gonna fall off the edge! :)

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 06:46 AM
hmm, best mp has to be MA and of course Halo...

Also, UC...

Taos
01-13-2003, 10:26 AM
I just think JO because I'm a SW nut and I need to have the lightsabers. Halo is good, but I like Half-Life better...

I never have played mp of MA...I don't have LIVE.. :p

I have yet to play UC.

Rogue15
01-13-2003, 12:45 PM
I bugged my mom to get me Xbox Live for my bday, which is January 21. =] Hopefully i'll get it, and then i'll be playing mech assault alot!

speaking of mechassault, i've reached..."wolf in sheeps'..." talk about hard....

edit: dam what a ****ty level. :mad: stupid 2 whateverthehellyoucallthems always destroy me, and that helicopter pisses me off. i can defeat those 2 smaller mechs, i stand on an edge and wait for the one to come, and the other gets caught in the blast, now that is pretty cool. *returns to playing mechassault* i'm going to beat it THIS week.

edit #2: HOLY ****. the small mech came up to me and the 2 bigger ones followed, i nuked the small one right when it walked away from me, the bigger one got caught in the explosion, and destroyed, and the other big one got destroyed in THAT explosion! THAT WAS SO DAMN AWESOME!!!! *attempts to beat the level*

edit #3: BEAT IT.

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Yeah Rogue, I hope you get it :)

Mex
01-13-2003, 02:55 PM
I might buy MechAssault, int sounds quite good!

Taos
01-13-2003, 02:57 PM
That level....bleh, I hated that one and I'm glad it's long behind me.

Com Raven
01-13-2003, 04:03 PM
hardest one is Size Matters 1 :)

Xbox man
01-15-2003, 10:26 AM
Galaxies is coming to the XBOX rejoice and give me your opinions please

Com Raven
01-15-2003, 10:38 AM
well, seeing how everyone has broadband and a headset, there is quite a potential for it...

-=Hooded-Jedi=-
01-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Ya this game, i dont get it. When i watched the trailor it looked like a star wars sims, i saw no lightsabers or antying.

Com Raven
01-15-2003, 11:06 AM
www.starwarsgalaxies.com

Taos
01-16-2003, 07:36 PM
I might get it for xbox [if I still have one] and I will for sure get it for pc. :)

I do like the headset.....the idea of talking trash to Com...:evil2: :p

Taos
01-16-2003, 07:43 PM
The biggest pain in the rear on JO was the part where you had to jump through the pitch black room hoping to jump over a wall or whatever.

I thought that was pretty stupid......

Com Raven
01-16-2003, 09:57 PM
The idea of your ass getting kicked by Com :)

Rogue15
01-17-2003, 07:34 AM
I might get it for xbox, the thing that sucks though is that i won't get to play it w/the pc gamers. =/ when i get a new computer, however...

Taos
01-17-2003, 12:14 PM
I feel the same way 15. When I do get it.....it will be long after Knights is finished. :)

A man's got to have priorities! :)

Com Raven
01-17-2003, 12:36 PM
right....;)

Rogue15
01-17-2003, 10:37 PM
I FINALLY got my xbox magazine!!! And I first looked at the demo disk and it said' Ghost Recon' I nearly peed my pants, and now that I have played it....WHOA. It's so awesome! I haven't really played any tom clancy games, just the demos, but this one is SO COOL. I like how I can set up a group of peeps and select their weapons and all, and then go hunt down some terrorists! I tried it on only 1 person, where there's no teamates, and...WHOA was that scary and impossible!! I CAN NOT WAIT TO CHECK OUT THE SPLIT SCREEN MODE!!!! and then.....i'll buy the game with any birthday money that I recieve, hopefully my mom gets me xbox live, so then I can spend hours on it with that game. I love the sniper rifle and the nightvision goggles...and the level is HUGE...

I think if I beat it, it unlocks some more teammates for me to choose from!!!

Does anybody else have this game or plan to get it?

Treacherous Mercenary
01-17-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Rogue15
Does anybody else have this game or plan to get it?

I might give it a go for the PC version soon enough ;). As for the Xbox, I'll hold off for the next generation console when they might have Geforce 4 Ti graphics. :p

FunClown
01-18-2003, 12:41 AM
I've got it. I use a GF2mx 200. I still have to upgrade, ut won't until I get some new games ie KOTOR.

I run it on all low or can run it on 800x600 with characters high and textures high, but the other stuff really low detail. Turn shadows off also. Shadows use heaps of processing power.

Its a good game if you like the demo. The demo is one of the best levels in my opinion.

Taos
01-18-2003, 12:43 AM
I don't have this game....I've been too busy with Splinter Cell. I'm glad to hear an opinion about it. Thanks 15. :)

Com Raven
01-18-2003, 08:09 AM
GR is very good, and suprisingly, Gamespot said it was better than on pc...

Rogue, you get one of the locked warriors after each successful mission...

Rogue15
01-18-2003, 07:40 PM
o cool. I'm definetely buying it next time I go to the mall.

Taos
01-18-2003, 10:08 PM
Ok then, since this is a pretty popular topic here on this board. I'm going to make one general thread that covers the whole topic. The other threads will be merged into this one so that any xbox game can be discussed here. :)

The reason being that all of the xbox threads seem to turn into discussions about other games anyways, so..........discuss. :)

FunClown
01-19-2003, 04:24 AM
Rogue,

If you have broadband or an LAN, multiplayer is really really good. I have 56K so it kept skipping but the few times when multi was playable I had a lot of fun.

The docks is my favourite multiplayer location. :)

Com Raven
01-19-2003, 01:17 PM
well on Xbox, 56k is no option :)

Rogue15
01-19-2003, 09:35 PM
that's the best thing about the xbox: the multiplayer on it dominates the multiplayer on the pc, cause there can't be annoying lag...if only sofII didn't have lag. :(

Taos
01-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Again another merger....it might be confusing at first, but this thread will evolve I think....they all seem to anyways. :)

Ok...I finally beat MechAssault today. :D I'm extremely happy. I love being able to use the Atlas and the Ragnarok. :D Man those things are powerful! :D

I think that my favorite level in the game is size matters 2. :)

Com Raven
01-20-2003, 07:34 AM
the Atlas was available in mp from the beginning :)

You unlocked the Ragnarok and Ymir...

Taos
01-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Right, but since I don't have LIVE or play the mp that much, I didn't know that. I'm going to have to check out this Ymir. :)

Com Raven
01-20-2003, 03:43 PM
I prefer the Rag, due to my generel preference of Gauss over PPC...

Rogue15
01-20-2003, 05:47 PM
I beat Turok Evolution. I am Turok.

Com Raven
01-21-2003, 10:10 AM
you are ?

Taos
01-21-2003, 05:59 PM
I love the Atlas! :D IMO that's the best Mech!

I think chances are high that I will get live if I get this new job Com. ;) So you just get practicing up! :D

Com Raven
01-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Bah, there's no mech I can't smash to rubble with my Timberwolf :)

Taos
01-24-2003, 03:31 PM
Ok, I've had a change of heart......my new favorite is the Ymir. :D

Man I was killing everybody last night on the mp....we used the link system. :)

Man that was fun! :D

Com Raven
01-24-2003, 04:15 PM
Yeah, sys link is great...

Rogue15
01-24-2003, 06:57 PM
yeah!!! system link is sweet!! but....ghost recon split screen mp demo is cool, the full game must be even better with system link!!!!!!!! =]

The next game on my list is: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC!!!

then i plan to get Ghost Recon, and then i'll get Galaxies and Live at the same time.

i'm going to get some rollerblades hopefully on my payday [monday]. =]

Taos
01-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah Com, I do prefer the PPC guns......I guess I have the patience for them...

The next game on my list is: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC!!!

This might come as a surprise, but that's on my list too! :D

Xbox man
01-24-2003, 10:48 PM
you know you people who have LIVE are very very lucky. me i cant get it at all for 3 reasons 1 my dad is on a fixed income because he is disabled.:( 2 broadband is not ofered where i live. :mad: 3 im to young to get a job.:mad: so you people who have LIVE i congradulate you those of you blessed enough to be able to play Mech and Ghost recon and download new levels for Splinter Cell i dont even have any of those games because im to poor i only have 5 games all of which i've already beaten all except Tetris which was bought for my mom the other games i am lucky enough to own are JKii, Halo(a.k.a. best game ever), NFL Fever 2002, and finely last but certanly least James Bond Agent Under Fire. i salute you fellow XBOX owners not just because of your excellent choice over other more aparently flawed systems but because of your good taste. and you XBOX LIVE owners i hope life continues to shine on you. I SALUTE you all.

Taos
01-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Hehe.......xbox is an incredible machine, there's no doubt there. :)

I don't have xbox LIVE and I don't have broadband either. Both of those things might be changing soon as I may just get a new job.

What I do have is the system link and that is really cool. I love destroying everyone I see! :D

Com Raven
01-25-2003, 07:34 AM
You see PPCs are too slow....

I fire my Gauss, and a sec later I am back in cover...

No chance for a slow PPC to hit me :)

Mex
01-25-2003, 08:07 AM
I got two new games yesterday.

WWE Raw : The characters walk funny, fun create-a-character mode not enough matches and nice graphics 6/10 at best.

Jedi Starfighter : Yay, I get to fly in a ship and destroy imperials, plus I get to use Jango Fett's ship. 9/10! :D

These are the games I hope to get : Ghost Recon, StarWars KOTR [when it comes out] and a few more.

And Xbox man, I feel sorry for you, I hope you can get old very quick and get your own games! :)

Taos
01-25-2003, 11:29 AM
Have you checked out Splinter Cell Flanders? If you haven't.....I must suggest that. If you have, what did you think? :)

Com Raven
01-25-2003, 12:25 PM
He has...

Mex
01-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Have you checked out Splinter Cell Flanders? If you haven't.....I must suggest that. If you have, what did you think? :)

I have Splinter Cell, its quite good, but I only give it 8/10.

Its quite unrealistic, you hide in the dark, yet you have three lights on your head and back which a person could see easily, and I am stuck on the chinese embassedy level. :(

Com Raven
01-25-2003, 08:02 PM
I am no fan of hardcore realism...

There's only a certain amount of realism you can include in a game before it gets unplayable...

Taos
01-25-2003, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I as much as I like the game....it is becoming very frustrating. Almost too difficult.

I just keep on playing MA.....that is always good fun. :D

Notion
01-26-2003, 01:15 AM
Well I beat Splinter Cell, GOTY IMO. And can you believe it, I actually didn't CARE that Sam's goggles where invisible to baddies. :eek: Better than Metroid's FPA gameplay. The last level is the best by miles.

Com Raven
01-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Well, it's not like real commandos didn't use night vision googles :)

Hannibal
01-26-2003, 11:47 AM
I FINALLY got my xbox magazine!!!

Congrats and good choice. They have all the greatest demos.
Also for those who don't have XBox live extra content is (and will be) put on their demo disks.

Com Raven
01-26-2003, 05:28 PM
yeah, if you have xbox, the official mag is great...

Taos
01-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Other then Kotor what other games are you looking forward to on xbox this year?

I'm going to be getting Soul Caliber 2 and Fable....there were some others, but I forgot them. :)

Com Raven
01-27-2003, 07:02 AM
There are some, plus one unannounced yet..

Rogue15
01-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Other then Kotor what other games are you looking forward to on xbox this year?

I'm going to be getting Soul Caliber 2 and Fable....there were some others, but I forgot them. :)

there's too...many...of...them!!!

KotOR
Jurassic Park
B.C.
Fable
Soul Caliber 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The Matrix
Galaxies
Gladius
Halo 2
Dino Crisis 3
Deus Ex 2

The list keeps growing!!!!

Taos
01-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Thanks for that 15, I want some on that list as well. :)

There are some, plus one unannounced yet..

Damn you and your inside Xbox info.....:p ;)

Com Raven
01-27-2003, 03:36 PM
you like mechs and rpgs?

You might want that game...

Taos
01-27-2003, 07:21 PM
:eek: :eek:

Could that be Mech Assault 2??? As an rpg? That would be............different :eyeraise:

Anyways.....

MA 2! :D Sweet!

Rogue15
01-27-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm at Size Matters....why am i forced to be in an elemental? :(

Aerothorn
01-27-2003, 09:17 PM
OXM is the most horrible magazine I've ever read. They are good writers but their talent is wasted by their horrible attitude. Most of the team worked at PC Accelerator, but it didn't sell well do they did Daily Radar, then this, and now they act like they never liked PCs. They say the only good games are on Xbox. They're so insanely biased you can't trust most of the stuff they say, and then they claim they are unbiased. I can write better then they can.

Notion
01-27-2003, 11:57 PM
I'll second that, but I subscribed for the previews and the demos. There is some decent stuff scattered here and there. As biased as they are, GI would be my favorite subscribtion.

Taos
01-28-2003, 01:19 AM
I'm at Size Matters....why am i forced to be in an elemental? :(

I don't know but the key is to just run like hell til you find your way out......that's what I did. I still don't remember exactly the way I got out. :D

Com Raven
01-28-2003, 06:51 AM
You are in an Elemental cause you are supposed to sneak in...

Too sad things go bad...

Taos
01-28-2003, 03:16 PM
I forgot to mention once you find your way out.....you will have your choice of mechs to get into. :D It's sweet! I won't give it away.....

Rogue15
01-28-2003, 04:28 PM
hehe i get 2 days off of work to beat it! i think i'll use the time to beat mech assault! =]

I may be getting XBL ASAP, or...as soon as I beat mech assault, i have a magazine w/a list of mechs that are coming out and it's going to be sweet!!!!! so i'm definetely going to try to get xbov live this month. :D

Com Raven
01-28-2003, 04:37 PM
yeah, till march, there will be 4 mechs, 2 modea, and 10 or 12 maps...

Aerothorn
01-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Notion, you can get plenty of good previews online. As for the demos, thats fine, though personally I won't pay $25 or whatever for something that I feel should be free....and if I get the magazine I feel obligated to read it. Too bad you can't get just the disk.

My fav magazine used to be PC Gamer, but since they're in the same building as OXM and those other console magazines and have to deal with their anti PC stuff every day, they have (Immaturely) decided to respond in turn by acting like a bunch of PC fanboys and talking about how much consoles suck(Despite the fact that I've seen in OXM the PC Gamer editors give great reviews of console games....hypocrits).

I suppose if "Newspaper" counts as magazine my fav is The Onion.

Rogue15
01-28-2003, 09:39 PM
I forgot to mention once you find your way out.....you will have your choice of mechs to get into. :D It's sweet! I won't give it away.....

that wasn't too hard. =] now i'm on that level....it's pretty cool!

and now. I have arrived at: 'Payback' how many more levels to go?

Com Raven
01-29-2003, 02:41 PM
Not that many more Rogue...

Aerothorn
01-29-2003, 04:22 PM
I tried Mechassault single player....it was pretty sucky. Lame dialogue and story, and the action is ok but it isn't as good as the Mechwarrior series- part of the fun was customizing the mech, and then they stripped that away, and gave you only a few weapons, and so its pretty boring. THe multiplayer better be DAMN good to justify this getting Xbox game of the year. My dad has been too busy to set up Xbox Live, we don't even know if we can do it, since my router is on a different floor then my xbox, we're gonna have to drill holes in the floor and stuff.

On a differnt note, do you guys prefer Controller S or the default controller? Personally I don't really have a preference, I like em both fine- Controller S has better sticks and a better D pad, normal control has better black/white start/select button placement and feels more substantial in the hands.

Taos
01-29-2003, 04:34 PM
There should only be like 4 more 15......

I prefer the big old default controller. I love it, my hands fit perfectly.....I also own a controller "s" but I don't like it. My friends that have ps2 like to use that one. :)

Rogue15
01-29-2003, 05:29 PM
beat it. that wasn't too difficult. =/ Now i'm left wishing i could walk to the local electronic store and pick up a copy of xbox live. :(

All my xbox games are beaten. Well...all the ones that I've bought. Haven't beat Jet Set Radio Future (i don't know wtf to do next and i don't really have waypoints :( ) or Sega GT 2002.

My friend let me borrow Metal Gear Solid 1 for as long as I want, so I might end up playing that.

Com Raven
01-29-2003, 06:02 PM
I prefer the S...

Aerothorn
01-29-2003, 06:35 PM
"All my xbox games are beaten" sounds like bad grammar. Ya, JSRF gets damn hard later on, I'm stuck too. If you are out of Xbox games to play, buy some PC games.

Rogue15
01-29-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Aerothorn
If you are out of Xbox games to play, buy some PC games.

heh, my pc is crap when it comes to games post2k2. only good for music anymore. :D I'm waiting for KotOR to come out. if there was a place i could walk to to buy xbox live, i'd get it tomorrow, but since there's not, i'll have to ask for a ride and that's hard when your parents don't want you spending money on games....

Aerothorn
01-30-2003, 12:56 AM
Why don't your parents want you spending money on games? Tell them you can spend it on rap music if they'd prefer ;).

Yes PCs are more expensive platforms to maintain, which is one reason why consoles are so popular(Oh, sure, I hear people say how much PCs suck and how consoles are so great, but I bet you if PCs were $199 and consoles were $1800 they'd change their tune quick). Of course all platforms have great games. I own PC, Xbox, Gamecube, GBA(Much to my regret- I was waiting for a version with a backlight, everyone said it wasn't going to happen, and then I bought one and then the GBASP was annouced. Morons.), and will someday get a PS2 when I have money and the thing isn't so damn expensive(Cheapest console, worst technologiclly, SO WHY IS IT MORE EXPENSIVE THEN XBOX OR GAMECUBE?).

Com Raven
01-30-2003, 07:38 AM
Rogue, get it shipped to you!

Some companies offer free shipping on LIVE, and you don't need a ride :)

Rogue15
01-30-2003, 09:48 AM
i would but i don't got a credit card and my parents don't want me using theirs. =/ now if i would just get a bill where i could send a check, it'd be ok. =]

Com Raven
01-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Hmm, not sure how american online dealers handle that..

But guys: get an own Credit Card, it pays off :)

Aerothorn
01-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Some people are too young to get credit cards. Why won't your parents let you use theirs? Its perfectly safe. Statisticlly, their credit card is much more likely to be stolen by a waitress or sales clerk then it is to be unsecure online.

Rogue15
01-30-2003, 02:56 PM
they're trying to pay it off.

Com Raven
01-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Rogue isn't too young :)

Taos
02-01-2003, 03:45 AM
Ok, I rented Unreal Championship today.........and let me say....this is my new favorite mp. :D What an amazing game, the xbox surely doesn't disappoint at all. Anybody else played it? If so, what did you think? :D

This one blows away Halo and beats JO for the best mp. :D [that'll get some of you going ;)] I just wasn't as impressed by Halo as a lot of people were........I though it was too much like Half-Life [which isn't bad, I just was expecting/wanting something different]. I traded Halo in to get JO and I don't regret it at all. :D There's just something about those lightsabers....:D

Once I get a decent pc I'm going to get Unreal 2. :D

Com Raven
02-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Argh!!!

Halo still rules supreme!

dark jedi 8
02-01-2003, 01:30 PM
other than KOTOR, I want Halo 2 and the Matrix!:lightning

Rogue15
02-01-2003, 05:36 PM
Project Ego. it's going to be the best game ever.

Taos
02-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Argh!!!

Halo still rules supreme!

NEVER!!! :D

Unreal is the best!! :p ;)

covenant_bad
02-02-2003, 05:51 AM
Isnt Project ego now being renamed to Fable? Or the other way around, i read that in the official xmag.

+ I cant wait for Halo 2!!!!:D

Rogue15
02-02-2003, 09:11 AM
yes, but project ego was a better name so that's what i'm always going to call it.

Com Raven
02-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Project Ego sounded good, but not for that game...

Maybe I read too much Clany and Battletech, but Project makes me think of modern warfare and espionage...

Aerothorn
02-02-2003, 01:19 PM
UT 2003 better? (I know you said championship but they are very similar). Have you ever played Battlefield 1942? That kicks UT's ass. Much more diverse, UT is just kill kill kill with guns, In BF1942 you can heal your team, spot for artilerry, go on the front lines, drive tanks, fly planes, steer ships, man AA guns, I could go on forever. UT 2003 is fun, but repetitive. Also, the browser SUCKS(BF 1942's isn't that good either, but its much better then UT's). 99% of the server are empty except for bots but it counts bots for people and says they have people and I can't filter bots out. And it doesn't seem like many people play it, since most servers only have like 3 people on them, as opposed to the average BF server having 32 or so.

Taos
02-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I said UC......it's the first one I think, before UT2003. I'm sure that battlefield 1942 is good, but I was just comparing the game to Halo for the simple reason to get Com going a bit. :D I know he is a big Halo fan and I wanted to mess with him........the running around killing part is exactly what I like about it. :D

I don't know about any of that server stuff.....this thread is about xbox. ;) :D

I can't wait for Fable either. :D

Rogue15
02-02-2003, 07:10 PM
what about...Return to Castle Wolfenstein? hehehe i can't wait for that to come to xbox!

-s/<itzo-
02-02-2003, 07:14 PM
I can't wait for Halo 2.

Lord Glorfindel
02-02-2003, 10:42 PM
what about...Return to Castle Wolfenstein? hehehe i can't wait for that to come to xbox!

That was one of the bst bloody good PC games I have ever played (I am looking forward to RTCW's Expansion Pack for PC) and I am sure it will most likely be great on XBOX also.

Notion
02-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Counter Strike: Condition Zero should be good too. Nothing is going to beat Raven Shield this year though. :D

Com Raven
02-03-2003, 07:21 AM
I can't see or hear Conterstrike anymore...

BF was cancelled for Xbox...

RtCW: Tides of Wars should be great...

dark jedi 8
02-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Return to castle Wolfenstein, Counterstrike, and Halo 2 are the games i'm looking forward to! and I can't forget about KOTOR, and the Matrix.

Notion
02-03-2003, 10:10 PM
It's an early prediction but I think the mtrix will come out average, mostly because it's multiplatform. It will suck the big one on PC, be below average on xbox, and come out as an average title on the ps2. Graphics are the worst thing I've seen since.... Kabuki Warriors.

Taos
02-04-2003, 01:36 AM
Any big news on Project Ego/Fable for us 15? :)

Rogue15
02-04-2003, 07:51 AM
not yet. It's still being debated whether it'll be live capable or not.

here's lots of info for it:

www.planetxbox.com/projectego

some interviews, the april fool's one is pretty funny. http://www.planetxbox.com/projectego/gameinfo/interviews.shtml

and this is a review of how it plays so far:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=86427

the official site for it is coming Spring 2003, where we can expect a ton of info for it, hopefully.

Albion: a place of tranquility and peace, where only the brave venture far, afraid of the danger that lurks beneath. Civilization is under threat, vast lands tainted by an ancient evil; evil so destructive that no one dares speak up. You were born to take up the challenge. From the very beginning, your life will be one of choices. Live by the sword, or by sheer cunning. Choose the path of honor… or infamy, to become the most powerful of them all. Your face will be shaped by your paths, the future shaped by you.

The power to become a legend.

The land of Albion is a wild, beautiful place. There are bustling market towns where thieves lurk in every shadow. Woodcutters' encampments are nestled on the shores of forest lakes while strange sounds fill the night air. Brave fishermen live out their austere existence in coastal villages wracked by storms. Fur-hooded mountain children listen to tales of the demons that lurk in the darkness while wolves howl at the moon.

The people who live there are much like the people anywhere. They are thieves and gentlemen, assassins and clergymen, storekeepers and housewives.

One day, something comes along which changes their lives forever. You. You are born with the power of the Will. Albion will never be the same again.

Your family and pet dog are murdered. You are thrown out into the world with nothing but underwear on your body and blood in your veins. You go out to become whatever you wish.

Ego puts you in control of a hero, with a milestone idea of following his life from 17 years of age to 70 years or more. The idea is that you want to become a real hero, THE hero, a legend.

Create your life story from childhood to death

Grow from an inexperienced child

Into the most powerful being in the world

Choose the path of righteousness

Or dedicate your life to evil

Muscles expand with each feat of strength

And force of Will increases with each work of wit

Obesity follows gluttony

Skin tans with exposure to sunlight

And bleaches bone-white by moonlight

Earn scars in battle

And lines of experience with age

Each person you aid

Each flower you crush

Each creature you slay

Will change this world forever

Who will you be?

Com Raven
02-04-2003, 10:42 AM
They are talking about LIVE content, not play...

Aerothorn
02-04-2003, 12:15 PM
No, UT was before UT 2003- UT 2003 and UC are basiclly the same with a few differences- each has some levels that the other doesn't, UT 2003 has better graphics then UC, UT 2003 does mods and custom maps and UC doesn't, and it doesn't have that racial difference thing.

Taos
02-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I did some digging on UT2003 and compared it to UC....I did notice several similarities. :) I'm still going to get Unreal 2 when it comes out tomorrow. :D

Rogue15
02-04-2003, 05:38 PM
http://www.xbox.com/starwarsclonewars/default.htm?cs_catalog=cat%2dus

Clone Wars, coming to xbox. AND XBOX LIVE.

no lf smiley can express my feelings.

Aerothorn
02-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Ya, I know....I think it got "Good, not great" reviews. I am MUCH more hesitant to pay $50 for a console game then a PC game, mainly because on average, for some stupid reasons, console games are much shorter. I remember people went on and on about how long the 20 hour Metroid Prime was. Thats not long! And don't even get me started on Panzer Dragoon Orta(Don't et me wrong, I loved it, but GOD its short even with all the extra features).

Aerothorn
02-04-2003, 05:55 PM
Yes, UC is basiclly a UT 2003 port, but was not called that because it was developed specificlly for Xbox, so it isn't really a port, more like a copy of the game design. Battlefield 1942 still rules, though- more diverse, bigger levels, more weapons, more teamplay, more strategy, more more more. Oh yeah, and there is the fact that I kick large amounts of ass at it. Just yesterday, I was in a 60 player match, and got 29 points and 21 kills before I died for the first time, and I only died because I got caught in a "Me vs the American base full of tanks" situation.

As for Return to Castle Wolfenstein, it was quite fun for a while, but lacked the variety to have staying power- it got old after a month or two.

Taos
02-04-2003, 06:17 PM
:eek: I can't wait to check out this game. I really liked the way it looked and I am a big fan of Jango. I'll have to rent it first of course........:D

I also did hear it was kind of short.....but like I said, that's why I'll rent it first. :)

Rogue15
02-04-2003, 06:22 PM
main reason why i'll get it: XBOX LIVE

Com Raven
02-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Well, pc shooters also get shorter by the month it seems...

covenant_bad
02-05-2003, 03:49 PM
I was dissapointed with the length of Max payne, that took me about 6 hours.:(

Aerothorn
02-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Max Payne was an exception, not the rule, at least back then. The average PC shooter is still longer, though, espescially considering most PC shooters have multiplayer and most console shooters don't. PC shooters also have mods and console's don't. Consoles can't even use expansions packs(Those poor Morrowind Xbox users couldn't play Tribunal:( ).

Its not just action, though, PC games in general are longer, I suppose its partially that on average PC games are more complex, and therefore can go on longer without getting boring/repetitive.

Taos
02-06-2003, 01:09 AM
Aerothorn I went and looked at the 1942 game last night and I must say it does look pretty cool. I think once I get my new pc I'll check that one out! :)

Com Raven
02-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Short Shooters

FAKK 2
Elite Force
Unreal 2
Max Payne
MoH
RtCW
NOlF 2

I don't remember the others, but fact is that about the only lenghty shooter in the last while was JK II...

Darth Simpson
02-06-2003, 02:34 PM
And even JKII was pretty short.

I've been hearing rumors about Unreal II only being about 10 hours long. That sure is a disappointment, especially considering the time they took to develop it.

I think I'll get it anyway.

Aerothorn
02-07-2003, 01:47 AM
Unreall II is only 5-7 hours long if your not the slow type(I am the slow type, though- I get all the value I can from a game). Morrowind...now THERE is a value.

There are plenty of long action games since 2000(Which is when your list started). I could list em all but it would take too long and its late.

Com Raven
02-07-2003, 12:48 PM
All in all, I am very disappointed by Unreal 2...

But please, give us two examples of longer shooters except JK II or SoF II...

Aerothorn
02-07-2003, 08:30 PM
According to Gamespot, SOF 2 was only 20 hours...but they always rush through games. They claimed Morrowind was 100 hours and I've played for 400 and am still not done.

Anyway, lemme look at my collection....

Giants: Citizen Kabuto was pretty long....
Aliens vs Predator 2 was pretty long, since it had 3 campaigns....
Mechwarrior 4 was pretty long(not a FPS but an action game...I still got beat it, never did cause of hard drive crash)
No One Lives Forever was pretty long, if I recall.
Crimson Skies? Forgot how long that was
Operation Flashpoint, I never beat because it was too hard, but I know that was pretty long.

Notion
02-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Yeah I've given Morrowind about a good 100-200 hours.

Rogue15
02-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Deus Ex....

Notion
02-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Man I can't WAIT for Deus Ex 2: Invisible War. I want that more than Halo2, Knights, and maybe even Fable! :eek:

Taos
02-08-2003, 01:44 AM
Hehe, Fable is number two on my list. After all of the things I have read/seen about the game. It really looks incredible......I can't wait to get my little hands on it. :)

But first things first.....

*dreams of playing kotor*

ultimaster
02-12-2003, 06:29 PM
I'm a newb, but I think KOTOR will be a great game. I like Fable too, but I want more details. It has enormous potential but I need new information.

Aerothorn
02-13-2003, 12:04 AM
I know nothing about Fable and frankly, don't want too...I'll read a preview when its further along in development.

KOTOR is currently number 3 on my most wanted list(#1 being DX2 and #2 being Halo 2). However, if Planetside meets its potential it will be higher...its just lower because its a MM game, which are more ambitious and is therefore more likely to fail. SW:G is number 15 or so because its REALLY ambitious so it really likely to fail.

dark jedi 8
02-14-2003, 07:06 PM
Halo can take a long time to beat,.........if you play it on legendary of course, still can't get passed truth and Reconciliation. it's the last level i havn't beat on legendary.

Wiblur31
02-16-2003, 03:40 PM
does anyone know when kotor is gonna come out for sure
it looks like great game and im tired of waitin

Wiblur31
02-16-2003, 03:42 PM
so far ive found out its gonna come out between february 23 and the end of may

Jedi Apprentice
02-16-2003, 04:28 PM
It's coming out in Spring. SOMETIME between March and June.

Oh yeah, you might want to watch out on the back to back posts. It's kinda frowned upon in these forums. :)

*;) to Leemu Taos*

Com Raven
02-16-2003, 05:16 PM
Mechwarrior is no action-game, that much be sure :)

And I am quite open for discussions about that, as I play it quite suceessfully online since 2 years :)

Also, CS is not the typical action-game...

And Galaxies:

Some of the top guys from Everquest, Meridian, Ultima Online and Wing Commander. Great engine. Star Wars.

I don't think it will fail...

Taos
02-16-2003, 07:34 PM
I recently got Medal Of Honor: Frontline for my xbox. It's a great fps, I really enjoy it. I like the authentic weapons etc and how the first level is like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan. :)

Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice
Oh yeah, you might want to watch out on the back to back posts. It's kinda frowned upon in these forums. :)

You have learned much my young apprentice...

:)

dark jedi 8
02-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Yeah, but i thought it was kinda short, i just rented it and beat it in less than 3 days.

Jedi Apprentice
02-16-2003, 10:25 PM
I recently got Medal Of Honor: Frontline for my xbox. It's a great fps, I really enjoy it. I like the authentic weapons etc and how the first level is like the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan. :)

You have learned much my young apprentice...

Haha. Maybe if I get really wise you can talk the Admins. into changing my name to Jedi Knight.:)

Is Frontline pretty good? I've been thinking about getting it for quite a while. How is the MP in it?

Com Raven
02-17-2003, 11:18 AM
I didn't play it, but I think 4-player split screen with 8 maps isn't something to write home about these days...

Taos
02-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Indeed.....I've never actually played it myself because there is no AI. Since I really only play with my bro that just gets boring after a while.....but The Raven is right about it. :)

I tell you...the sp is worth it though. Go and rent it first if you can. If you do want mp, I think it's available on pc......*shrugs*

Aerothorn
02-17-2003, 03:36 PM
The people at EB told me Frontline was the same thing as MOHAA, just with the levels mixed around somewhat and such.

And am I the only one why DIDN'T like the Omaha sequence? They just copied Saving Private Ryan. They COULD have done something orignal but nooooo. I'm still pissed at EA because I could never play MOHAA online because I got the Thailand version(Long story) and there is no asian patch on the website.

Jed
02-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Well, I have the same game for GC, so I feel I can participate in this discussion.

The MP is probably the worst part, the split screen isn't very favorable, but the game itself is very enjoyable.

Com Raven
02-18-2003, 12:04 PM
And am I the only one why DIDN'T like the Omaha sequence? They just copied Saving Private Ryan. They COULD have done something orignal but nooooo. I'm still pissed at EA because I could never play MOHAA online because I got the Thailand version(Long story) and there is no asian patch on the website.

Uhh, what's that bs?

They copied Ryan?

Guy, it's the same guy who made Saving Private Ryan, so it's nowhere a copy, but the pc version of the Omaha sequence......

And it's nowhere the same as Allied Assault...

Jed
02-20-2003, 12:22 AM
I just beat MOH Frontline a few days ago...

It's disappointing how short the game was :(

Com, you have Allied Assault? Is it good? ;)

Taos
02-20-2003, 04:14 AM
I'm still stuck on teh Arnham Knights level....the one where you have to blow up those two tanks. Damn that's a tough one. I think I'm going to go and find some cheats. :D

Jed
02-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Don't give in to cheats Leemu! You can beat that level, it just takes time!

Taos
02-21-2003, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I finally did beat it - without the cheats. :D Now I'm on that train and that is very tough as well.

I saw today that some downloadable stuff for MechAssault is now available......I got this from Homelanfed:

"Microsoft sent over a press release announcing that the first downloadable content for their Xbox action game MechAssault is now available via its Xbox Live online game service. The free download contains two new mechs and two new multiplayer maps. A second download will be available "soon" which will include the Capture The Flag gameplay type, according to the press release."

Damn, xbox LIVE is sounding better and better.....

Rogue15
02-21-2003, 10:50 AM
I think I'll get xbox live w/my next paycheck, this monday. Might order it online. =]

Com Raven
02-21-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah Rogue, do that :)

Rogue15
02-21-2003, 01:23 PM
heheheeheh the 2 mp maps are Hell's Kitchen and Stone Cold. What's stone cold like i haven't seen any screenies of it..

Hannibal
02-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Uhh, what's that bs?

They copied Ryan?

Guy, it's the same guy who made Saving Private Ryan, so it's nowhere a copy, but the pc version of the Omaha sequence......

And it's nowhere the same as Allied Assault...

Also it's the same because that's how that day was.
It would have been messed up if they changed it because they wanted to be different than a movie. Especially a movie that was true to life.

Aerothorn
02-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Com: So your saying they copied Saving Private Ryan. Thats what I said. I wanted something new, it doesn't seem they put much effort into it.

Hannibal: Sure they could. You think the exact same thing happened to all the soldiers on Omaha? Different people took different routes up the beach. Thats not changing history.

Taos
02-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, it looks like I just might be selling my xbox.......my brother offered me a lot more money then I thought I could get for it. Oh well, the thing that sucks of course is that I will have to wait longer for Knights....:(

I think I can wait a little longer, I'll have JO to keep me busy. :D

Jed
02-25-2003, 08:32 PM
Don't worry Leemu, I'll be waiting with you.

^_______^

Taos
02-26-2003, 12:57 AM
It's sad to say, but I did sell my xbox to my brother. :( So it looks like I'll be waiting for it til the fall for kotor. Which is good and bad. :| :D

Rogue15
02-26-2003, 01:15 AM
congrats on the sale. I promise i won't spoil any of the 'plot' for you in KotOR. =]

Taos
02-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Man I had to sell it. If only to try and at least cover some of the moving truck. Can you say $500........I'm still hurting from that.

Com Raven
02-26-2003, 03:46 PM
Com: So your saying they copied Saving Private Ryan. Thats what I said. I wanted something new, it doesn't seem they put much effort into it.

Hannibal: Sure they could. You think the exact same thing happened to all the soldiers on Omaha? Different people took different routes up the beach. Thats not changing history.

No, because it's not copying if the same guys do it...

If I say the same thing twice, I don't copy myself....

Other people copy, but not the same guys...

And for the history: well, Omaha happened in one way, and I think it´would do injustice to the brave men who fell there to change things to be different...

Rogue15
03-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War comes to Xbox tomorrow!!!!!! My job has been nice to me, so on Monday, i'll be ordering Xbox Live and Tides of War from bestbuy.com!!! Weee!

dark jedi 8
03-06-2003, 08:49 PM
wow! so soon, i'm gonna rent it next weakend then. i might buy it in the summer when i get x-box live then. dont have time with school to get live yet:( . and then we get KOTOR! in the summer too. alot to look forward too.:)

Rogue15
03-11-2003, 09:39 AM
well, i didn't get either, but i DID get GHOST RECON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had my dad drive me to walmarts, so i asked them and no they didn't have it. (they suck in the northeast usa, BIGTIME) and so i saw ghost recon and said 'what the hell, i want that!' and it's awesome.

Rogue15
03-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Well I've enjoyed Ghost Recon thoroughly, I don't have anything bad to say about it!! However, I found this great deal at bestbuy.com where Morrowind is $20 with FREE ground shipping!!! So I ordered that, and added an additional $7 for next day shipping...so it comes tomorrow, one of the days that I have off of work!!! I'm afraid already!!!

Com Raven
04-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Bah, Tides of War won't be released in germany...