PDA

View Full Version : A request for admins...

Aerothorn
01-26-2003, 06:14 PM
Can you shorten the post time? I realize you don't want people spamming a ton but I think a 30 second or 50 second thing would get the job done- I'm a fast type so I have to sit and twiddle my thumbs for 30 second sometimes after posting if I wanna post in more then one topic. Even the Death Star agrees with me.

:deathstar : Thats right, I agree with Aero.

Taos
01-26-2003, 08:51 PM
If you want the admins to see this, then I will move it to where it will most likely be seen......the LF help/feedback ceter.

btw-Don't get your hopes up. :)

ZBomber
01-26-2003, 09:23 PM
wow. 2000 join date, and only 13 posts. ;)

Wraith 8
01-29-2003, 12:08 PM
dont you mean 31?
and i agree
it used to be 60 seconds...
I have a lot of work to do... well... i make myself do a lot of work :D
and i post and 4 forums at the same time. 90 seconds is to long.

but if they dont change it.... i will just read all threads first :p

my 2 cents

-Wraith 8-

Jedi Apprentice
02-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Some people also keep more than one screen up at a time.

Metallus
02-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Okay, the post buffer has been tentatively lowered to 30 seconds. Let's see how it works out. Thanks for the feedback :)

I usually only ever have one window open when I read/post, but then again, I usually orbit around 2 or 3 LF communities on a regular basis. The 90 second post gap was put in a long time ago, in large part, to go easy on the old server LF was using. On this newer one, I don't think it will be so much of a burden.

ZBomber
02-14-2003, 10:42 PM
Nice. Thanks Met. :D

Katarn07
02-14-2003, 11:30 PM
Wait?!

90 second rule is gone? Whoohoo! I can't help I type 120 words a minute looking at the keys (yes, I know, I have nothing better to do in my keyboarding class but race the best typer in there while I hunt and peck.)

Mex
02-15-2003, 06:50 AM
Heh. I'm the fastest typer in my whole school.
But I can't type very fast because of last nights party, my fingers ake!

I sometimes open 2 windows and go on the Swamp and Monkey Island at the same time! :D

ZBomber
02-15-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Wait?!

90 second rule is gone? Whoohoo! I can't help I type 120 words a minute looking at the keys (yes, I know, I have nothing better to do in my keyboarding class but race the best typer in there while I hunt and peck.)

Word, brother. :D

Wraith 8
02-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Metallus
Okay, the post buffer has been tentatively lowered to 30 seconds. Let's see how it works out. Thanks for the feedback :)

I usually only ever have one window open when I read/post, but then again, I usually orbit around 2 or 3 LF communities on a regular basis. The 90 second post gap was put in a long time ago, in large part, to go easy on the old server LF was using. On this newer one, I don't think it will be so much of a burden. wel.. maybe you should have made it 60 seconds :D... but i always have like 4 windows up. i have a very busy time at home.. and seeing i go to a lot of forums to read up on a lot of things... it is easier for me to have some windows up.