PDA

View Full Version : tell me about mara jade!


dr_death
09-20-2001, 01:39 PM
i know mara jade is in the game but please explain to me exactly who and what she is, is she a jedi?
has anyone pre ordered there copy yet?

Young David
09-20-2001, 02:01 PM
There are several things I can tell you about Mara Jade, but those could be spoilers.

I don't know what kinda role MJ will play in GB but I shall tell you a bit about her.

Mara Jade is a beautiful woman (as are all women in litirature), red hair and green eyes. And ... she knows a bit bout the Force.

MJ made her first Appearence in Heir To The Empire. She always was the hand of emperor Palpatine and could hear his voice everywhere in the Galaxy. Now the emperor is the dead she still hears his voice. "Kill Luke Skywalker". So that's pretty much her mission in the Thrawn Trilogy and at the end of the trilogy she completes that mission ... kinda.

There are lots of other books where she makes an appereance and she plays a very important role outside the movies.

Oh ... by the way. Something tells me this thread is gonna be moved to Off-Topic

YD

(Below this posts come the spoilers to the rest of MJ's life ...)

crazy_dog
09-20-2001, 03:30 PM
No! Mara Jade marries Luke and they all live happily ever after...

Young David
09-20-2001, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by crazy_dog
No! Mara Jade marries Luke and they all live happily ever after...

There goes my attempt to keep it all spoiler free ...

darthfergie
09-20-2001, 05:47 PM
Jade Skywalker, Mara
a strikingly beautiful woman known for her flame-red hair and piercing green eyes, Mara Jade grew up as an orphan after her parents were killed early in her life. Little in known about her young adulthood, but at some point she was taken in by Emperor Palpatine and trained in the use of the Force. She was later employed by Emperor Palpatine as The Emperor's Hand. She took on a number of surveillance missions, often posing as one of the Emperor's dalliances in order to escape notice. As a member of Palpatine's closest followers, she gained a good deal of experience in the use of The Force. Her latent Force-sensitivity was heightened by the Emperor, and it allowed her to contact him across vast distances via Force energy. These abilities disappeared almost completely when the Emperor was killed. One of the last missions the Emperor assigned her to was the killing of Luke Skywalker. The Emperor claimed to have foreseen her involvement in Luke's death, and sent her to Tatooine following Vader's failure to capture Luke at Cloud City. She infiltrated Jabba's palace as a dancing girl, but was not allowed onto Jabba's sailbarge when it left to sacrifice Luke and Han to the Sarlacc. This unfortunate setback allowed her to continue in her efforts to kill Luke, but the death of the Emperor at Endor robbed her of her Force abilities and her main source of impetus. She went underground after Palpatine's death, since - as a secret agent for the Emperor - none of the surviving Imperials would ever believe she was more than a dancing girl. She performed a number of odd jons across the galaxy before she joined up with Talon Kaarde. She was working on Tropis at the time, and was employed by two safari hunters who turned out to be Talon Kaarde and Tapper Quelev. When Kaarde and Quelev got into trouble, Mara intervened and helped Kaarde escape. They then made proper introductions, and Mara asked for a job. She joined up just before he became involved with the New Republic, and was once again thrown into Luke's path. The Emperor's command to kill Luke resurfaced, but the events surrounding Grand Admiral Thrawn's plans for Luke and the New Republic kept getting in her way. She found herself helping Luke more often than not. When she and Luke were reunited in C'baoth's stronghold on Wayland, she fulfilled her "destiny" to kill Luke Skywalker, but not in the way she or the Emperor had forseen. When C'baoth sent a clone of Luke to battle the original Luke, Mara destroyed the clone. Following the death of Grand Admiral Thrawn Mara worked with the New Republic as a liaison between the Republic and the newly-formed Smugglers' Alliance. Following the death of the reborn Emperor on Byss, Mara continued to assist the Republic, but was increasingly pursued by Lando Calrissian, both on a business level and a personal level. She kept Lando at arm's-length from a personal standpoint, but joined in with him to restart the Spice Mines of Kessel as a legal source of glitterstim spice. They were also employed by Talon Karrde to search out the location of Jorj Car'das, a job which took them nearly six years to complete on the side. During the Caamas Incident, Mara took a group of Karrde's people to Nirauan, to search out the strange ships that attacked them in the Kauron asteroid field. She was stranded on the planet, and was eventually rescue by Luke. They realized that their relationship was now stronger than ever, especially after Mara bluntly showed Luke that his use of the Force needed to be minimized before he could fully understand it. Luke, in response, helped Mara realize her potential with the Force, unlocking it in time to use it to escape from the Chiss who controlled the Hand of Thrawn. During their escape, Luke asked Mara to marry him, a question to which she immediately agreed. After the resolution of the Caamas Incident, they were wed: once, in a solemn Jedi ceremony performed by Kam Solusar; and again in a public ceremony on Coruscant. Both agreed that they should travel the galaxy as Jedi instructors, leaving the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 to grow beyond Luke's vision. A few years later, Mara suddenly became ill. Through the sheer will of the Force, she remained active, but was unaware that her illness was actually engineered by Nom Anor, in an attempt to see just how powerful the Jedi Knights were. She resisted the disease he had created long after other victims were dead and buried. After the creature named Vergere escaped from the Millennium Falcon and her servitude to the Yuuzhan Vong priestess Elan, Han Solo returned to Coruscant with a sample of Vergere's tears. The creature claimed they could help heal Mara's disease, and Mara was more than willing to try. The initial stages of her recovery were somewhat painful, but whatever Vergere gave them drove off the disease. She hesitated to call herself cured, and retained a small portion of the tears for later use. Soon after the Battle of Fondor, Mara discovered two momentous things: first, that it was Nom Anor who had poisoned her on the planet Monor II; and second, that she was pregnant with Luke's son. She refused to stop fighting against the Yuuzhan Vong, but also realized that she could not longer be at the forefront of the fight. When the Senate ordered Luke's arrest, the couple set out for the Errant Venture, where Mara struggled with her pregnancy. It had been complicated by toxic shock syndrome, brought on by the use of Vergere's tears. With Luke's devotion to her and his connection with the Force, he drove out the Yuuzhan Vong disease and helped Mara give birth to a son, Ben.

Admiral Odin
09-20-2001, 07:02 PM
nice, to have all the info in one place. :D

Darth_Rommel
09-20-2001, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Jade Skywalker, Mara
a strikingly beautiful woman known for her flame-red hair and piercing green eyes, Mara Jade grew up as an orphan after her parents were killed early in her life. Little in known about her young adulthood, but at some point she was taken in by Emperor Palpatine and trained in the use of the Force. She was later employed by Emperor Palpatine as The Emperor's Hand. She took on a number of surveillance missions, often posing as one of the Emperor's dalliances in order to escape notice. As a member of Palpatine's closest followers, she gained a good deal of experience in the use of The Force. Her latent Force-sensitivity was heightened by the Emperor, and it allowed her to contact him across vast distances via Force energy. These abilities disappeared almost completely when the Emperor was killed. One of the last missions the Emperor assigned her to was the killing of Luke Skywalker. The Emperor claimed to have foreseen her involvement in Luke's death, and sent her to Tatooine following Vader's failure to capture Luke at Cloud City. She infiltrated Jabba's palace as a dancing girl, but was not allowed onto Jabba's sailbarge when it left to sacrifice Luke and Han to the Sarlacc. This unfortunate setback allowed her to continue in her efforts to kill Luke, but the death of the Emperor at Endor robbed her of her Force abilities and her main source of impetus. She went underground after Palpatine's death, since - as a secret agent for the Emperor - none of the surviving Imperials would ever believe she was more than a dancing girl. She performed a number of odd jons across the galaxy before she joined up with Talon Kaarde. She was working on Tropis at the time, and was employed by two safari hunters who turned out to be Talon Kaarde and Tapper Quelev. When Kaarde and Quelev got into trouble, Mara intervened and helped Kaarde escape. They then made proper introductions, and Mara asked for a job. She joined up just before he became involved with the New Republic, and was once again thrown into Luke's path. The Emperor's command to kill Luke resurfaced, but the events surrounding Grand Admiral Thrawn's plans for Luke and the New Republic kept getting in her way. She found herself helping Luke more often than not. When she and Luke were reunited in C'baoth's stronghold on Wayland, she fulfilled her "destiny" to kill Luke Skywalker, but not in the way she or the Emperor had forseen. When C'baoth sent a clone of Luke to battle the original Luke, Mara destroyed the clone. Following the death of Grand Admiral Thrawn Mara worked with the New Republic as a liaison between the Republic and the newly-formed Smugglers' Alliance. Following the death of the reborn Emperor on Byss, Mara continued to assist the Republic, but was increasingly pursued by Lando Calrissian, both on a business level and a personal level. She kept Lando at arm's-length from a personal standpoint, but joined in with him to restart the Spice Mines of Kessel as a legal source of glitterstim spice. They were also employed by Talon Karrde to search out the location of Jorj Car'das, a job which took them nearly six years to complete on the side. During the Caamas Incident, Mara took a group of Karrde's people to Nirauan, to search out the strange ships that attacked them in the Kauron asteroid field. She was stranded on the planet, and was eventually rescue by Luke. They realized that their relationship was now stronger than ever, especially after Mara bluntly showed Luke that his use of the Force needed to be minimized before he could fully understand it. Luke, in response, helped Mara realize her potential with the Force, unlocking it in time to use it to escape from the Chiss who controlled the Hand of Thrawn. During their escape, Luke asked Mara to marry him, a question to which she immediately agreed. After the resolution of the Caamas Incident, they were wed: once, in a solemn Jedi ceremony performed by Kam Solusar; and again in a public ceremony on Coruscant. Both agreed that they should travel the galaxy as Jedi instructors, leaving the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 to grow beyond Luke's vision. A few years later, Mara suddenly became ill. Through the sheer will of the Force, she remained active, but was unaware that her illness was actually engineered by Nom Anor, in an attempt to see just how powerful the Jedi Knights were. She resisted the disease he had created long after other victims were dead and buried. After the creature named Vergere escaped from the Millennium Falcon and her servitude to the Yuuzhan Vong priestess Elan, Han Solo returned to Coruscant with a sample of Vergere's tears. The creature claimed they could help heal Mara's disease, and Mara was more than willing to try. The initial stages of her recovery were somewhat painful, but whatever Vergere gave them drove off the disease. She hesitated to call herself cured, and retained a small portion of the tears for later use. Soon after the Battle of Fondor, Mara discovered two momentous things: first, that it was Nom Anor who had poisoned her on the planet Monor II; and second, that she was pregnant with Luke's son. She refused to stop fighting against the Yuuzhan Vong, but also realized that she could not longer be at the forefront of the fight. When the Senate ordered Luke's arrest, the couple set out for the Errant Venture, where Mara struggled with her pregnancy. It had been complicated by toxic shock syndrome, brought on by the use of Vergere's tears. With Luke's devotion to her and his connection with the Force, he drove out the Yuuzhan Vong disease and helped Mara give birth to a son, Ben.


I've never been able to put so much info, in one post... ;)

Admiral viper
09-20-2001, 09:19 PM
hey guys didn't the emperor have more then one hand? I know there is a guy with two lightsabers that was the most loyal of all the emperors followers, I saw him in star wars gamer is he in the books?

FlyBOy
09-20-2001, 09:45 PM
The Emperor did have more than one "hand", although there is not as much info on them as there is on Mara Jade. I don't think he is in the books.

Admiral viper
09-20-2001, 09:51 PM
thank u for telling me

Tie Guy
09-20-2001, 11:12 PM
Kam Solusar was the Emperors Aid, buit they each thought they were the only one. So, there were more than one hand, which means there were probably many, not just 2 or 3.

Darth_Venage
09-21-2001, 03:01 PM
I've only read the "Hand of Thrawn" 'series'. what other series does Mara Jade play a part in??

Dash4
09-21-2001, 04:10 PM
Aren't Mara Jade in Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith?

Paladin
09-21-2001, 04:41 PM
Yeah, she was

darthfergie
09-21-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Venage
I've only read the "Hand of Thrawn" 'series'. what other series does Mara Jade play a part in??

Let me think real quick....anything after that. I think That summed it up:D

Darth_Venage
09-21-2001, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie


Let me think real quick....anything after that. I think That summed it up:D
thanks, that helped a lot!!:explode: (sarcasm. That was sarcasm)

darthfergie
09-21-2001, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Venage

thanks, that helped a lot!!:explode: (sarcasm. That was sarcasm)

Seriously she is in about EVERY book after that series.:)

Darth_Venage
09-21-2001, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie


Seriously she is in about EVERY book after that series.:)

ok, which series does she play a PROMINENT role in. Almost every one?

Tie Guy
09-21-2001, 07:44 PM
She is in the NJO alot, and in the Hand of Thrawn Duology

Darth_Venage
09-21-2001, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
She is in the NJO alot, and in the Hand of Thrawn Duology
njo? whats njo??

darthfergie
09-21-2001, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
She is in the NJO alot, and in the Hand of Thrawn Duology

In the Hand of Thrawn series she gets hooked up with Luke and in NJO she has a kid.

DarkNight
09-21-2001, 08:03 PM
ahhhhh the New Jedi Order series.:rolleyes: :D

darthfergie
09-21-2001, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by DarkNight
noj? i have no idea:confused:

New Jedi Order...A.K.A.- Yuuzhaun Vong series.