PDA

View Full Version : Pop-up's on this site

Jared Sinn
02-02-2003, 11:16 PM
I realize that you guys need to pay bills and support the site, but the latest sound-enhanced banners have just gone too far... Now I have to turn my sound off before coming to the boards. Whats next, a mandatory phone-solicitation? Come on guys, lets at least try and keep the commercial crap from taking over the internet.

JS

Juztyn
02-03-2003, 01:46 AM
Sorry, that's not swgalaxies.net, that's lucasforums. I'd suggest you repost this message on the Lucasforums feedback. I really dislike popups, myself, and thusly I've managed to clear swgalaxies.net itself of them. Unfortionatly, I have no say over lucasforums.

Jan Gaarni
02-03-2003, 02:38 AM
Uhm, is it me, or has the enourmous numbers of pop-up commercials been significantly reduced already? :confused:

Jared Sinn
02-03-2003, 09:00 AM
ok Jan, thanks, will do. Pop-ups are annoying, but I can put up with them- its the added sound that pushed me over the edge.

And if they've already scaled back the ad's, I'll make sure and thank them for thir prompt response ;P

JS

Lord Helmet
02-07-2003, 11:11 AM
that classmates one is really starting too piss me ...:cool: :p

Deft Aklin
02-07-2003, 02:07 PM
I hate the yelling banners. Always gets me in trouble with my boss.

"Hey....hey u! I tuk cara mai det an u ken too!"

I have since had to mute my audio. Grrr!

Thrackan Solo
02-07-2003, 03:59 PM
talk to lucas forums about this

Ingrown
02-07-2003, 04:58 PM
The talking one scared the royal crap out of me when I first heard it.

Deft Aklin
02-07-2003, 05:05 PM
I can't believe none of you commented on my bad hick accent. My apologies to those that live inrural areas, I probably wasn't refering to you. Actually, I can't really say anything anyway, I was born in a town with a population of 800.

Thrackan Solo
02-07-2003, 05:29 PM
hey darth now that i read it again it is actually pretty good:)

Lord_Vessen
02-16-2003, 02:22 AM
Hey! You over here.....be sure to look up your old classmates and stalk them.

Jared Sinn
02-19-2003, 01:55 PM
I was going to give you a "rofl" for the excellent hayseed accent, DS, but I got into trouble last time i posted a laugh ;P

Yew ar funnier than a' greesd pig inna swammin pool!

JS

GreenJediGrinch
02-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Hey!!!

I resemble them redneck comments...I'm from Georgia. :)

It's surprising that someone can sound liek a complete redneck but can communicate rather well huh? Dang, I even surprise myself sometimes. :)

Grinch

Jan Gaarni
02-19-2003, 03:57 PM
I was going to give you a "rofl" for the excellent hayseed accent, DS, but I got into trouble last time i posted a laugh ;P
LOL, will you stop it. :D
The reason was much more than just that one post. I belive there were 5 of them in a very short time? :)

Don't be thinking we are so strict about these kinds of things that we don't allow a laugh once in awhile. ;)

Jared Sinn
02-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Actually, no, it was for just one post- none of my other posts have contained less than a complete sentence or two and have been generally on topic (and are always well thought out and insightful!! eheh.. ). I was really annoyed at the time but I'm completely over it and was just brining it up to try and provoke a reaction ;P

I'll let it rest, lol....

JS