PDA

View Full Version : Forum banner

leXX
02-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hate the forum banner. Why have that ugly green dude when you can have someone more asthetically pleasing like Malak or Bastila or someone?

Com Raven
02-03-2003, 01:23 PM
We take this as criticism.

Therefore, we'll now go and commit seppukku.

Domo Arregato, leXX-san

Taos
02-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Honestly, I don't like it either......and I don't even know who in the hell it is. I have yet to see a character like his in the screenshots.....

Rogue15
02-03-2003, 11:48 PM
use the chick w/the saber in front of her face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swat
02-04-2003, 03:22 AM
well leemu, u can c that green alien butt here
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=91304&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
c that guy on the background in the 1st screenie? that's him

Hannibal
02-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by leXX
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I hate the forum banner. Why have that ugly green dude when you can have someone more asthetically pleasing like Malak or Bastila or someone?

I like to think of him as the galactic plumberman of KOTOR.

You know what I think Lexx(rhetorical :))?
I think your afraid to party with a real man.;)

Ok in all seriousness. I don't like it either.
I thought it was cool when they added it but it's a little old now.

Ok everyone, what movie is that quote from?

Taos
02-05-2003, 02:16 AM
Hmmm, I'm usually pretty good with movie quotes and right now I can't think of it.....

I just new that somebody would pull out something........thanks swatteam for enlightening me. :D Still, let's get rid of him! ;)

Thrift
02-06-2003, 01:41 AM
Ummm Van Wilder - Party Liason?

No idea I'm afraid.

Hannibal
02-06-2003, 10:54 AM
Ok, no one is gonna get it.

Quick Change starring Mr. Bill Murray.

He used to be funny. What happened?

Lord Glorfindel
02-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
He used to be funny. What happened?

His only funny movie was What About Bob. I think that was the name for the movie. And that alone was his funny movie.

About the subject of this thread I think the Green Dudes cool

-=Hooded-Jedi=-
02-06-2003, 10:43 PM
No..i absolutley hate that guy and i wanted to say something awhile ago but i thought you guys like it. You gus should change is fast...he's freaky, ugly, and unknown which means replace it with a JEDI!

-s/<itzo-
02-07-2003, 12:00 AM
It's not that bad to tell you the truth i kinda like it.

But i guess you guys can do a better one.

Taos
02-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Lord Glorfindel
His only funny movie was What About Bob. I think that was the name for the movie. And that alone was his funny movie.

:eek: :eek:

*smacks glorfindel*

You've obviously never seen Caddyshack. One of the greatest movies of all time! That was an incredible movie where Bill Murry gave a great performance! He was also in another movie called "Stripes" which was "pretty good" as well.

He's done several very funny movies which is why he is as well respected as he is.....:D

Boba Rhett
02-07-2003, 02:12 AM
And what about Ghostbusters? :eek:

Hannibal
02-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Ghostbusters was funny. Caddyshack was his funniest performance. Groundhog Day was his best movie.

OT- I think leXX should make the new banner. Since she brought it up.:p

leXX
02-07-2003, 03:00 PM
No no no, I know the staff are more than capable of making a nice new aesthetically pleasing banner if they choose to do so. ;)

Lord Glorfindel
02-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
:eek: :eek:

*smacks glorfindel*

You've obviously never seen Caddyshack. One of the greatest movies of all time! That was an incredible movie where Bill Murry gave a great performance! He was also in another movie called "Stripes" which was "pretty good" as well.

He's done several very funny movies which is why he is as well respected as he is.....:D

I don't like Bill Murray's movies. sorry *thinks about smacking Leemu, then remembers he is a Mod, puts down hand*

lol

OT - Why don't u have the Ebon Hawk flying through space (like the Ebon Hawk Wallpaper) on the banner

Taos
02-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Hehe :p So you aren't a Murry fan, it's ok. You can still smack me if I deserve it. ;)

I'd kinda like to see a banner that has the Atho Spaceport in it. :)

Aerothorn
02-08-2003, 03:27 PM
I actually like the Nikto looking thing(I forget what a Nikto looks like no but the name comes up in my head) better then Malak(Hes too prominent and un-unique) or Bastilla(Too much of a generic "Love interest/charecter with boobs to encourage hormonal teens to purchase the game). And the ship/swamp thing is cool.

Jedi Apprentice
02-09-2003, 03:18 PM
going back to the sub. for a minute. lol. Why not just use the box art or something like Leemu's sig. for the banner?

Hannibal
02-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Apprentice
going back to the sub. for a minute. lol. Why not just use the box art or something like Leemu's sig. for the banner?

Hmmm, didn't leXX make that? :D

Darth Zaius
02-09-2003, 08:50 PM
im sorry but i am going to have to say this... I hate this banner, can`t you have like a cool banner with Darth Malak, he woukd be a cool banner

Aerothorn
02-09-2003, 09:30 PM
But EVERYBODY has Darth Malak. The problem with Darth Malak is currently, there is a single picture of him, so everyone uses the same picture.

-=Hooded-Jedi=-
02-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Uhhh who cares...as long as its someone besides that green thing

Swat
02-10-2003, 02:24 AM
use bastila frm the boxart. the best

Taos
02-10-2003, 02:51 AM
Well, since there is so much talk against the current banner, [including my own] I think I will submit a pm to the powers that be. :)

I agree about Malak, I think we should have something else.

leXX
03-23-2003, 06:29 PM
*bump*

So are we still keeping ugly green dude then? Everyone, I mean everyone seems to agree with me that we need a new banner! Can't we use one of the banners from the site? It would look soooo much better and be consistant too.

ckcsaber
03-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah, it should be changed.

When I first popped into these forums, and saw the banner, I was a little confused since I had never seen a pic of that dude anywhere.

Darklighter
03-23-2003, 07:16 PM
I think we should have a mish-mash of different characters from KOTOR, like the banners at EB (check sig for link). I agree, get rid of the green dude ^^

dark jedi 8
03-23-2003, 08:54 PM
i thought it was kinda wierd cause iv'e never seen that guy anywhere. the background is from one of the early concept art, i beleive.
i think it should be changed because its a little outdated with the current number of screenshots and characters made abailable since it was made.

Swat
03-24-2003, 02:36 AM
last time leemu asked that too. i saw him in one of the screenies being shot at by carth n another person

Taos
03-24-2003, 02:37 AM
YES, we are in the process of changing the banner! :p

We are currently looking at several different styles with different characters/backgrounds. We're also looking at having a different banner each time a person visits the forums.......just like the website.

Hannibal, Boba Rhett, and Eets have been showing off their stuff and it looks great! :D I am very happy with what I have been seeing and I know Com is as well [since the two of us are graphically challenged].

Just be patient folks.....we'll have it for you soon, it's just a matter of time. :)

Swat
03-24-2003, 02:39 AM
man u guys rock. tanks for the effort put in ;)

Ratmjedi
03-24-2003, 03:17 AM
Better late then never. I agree with you guys completly. When I first got here I thought that guy was from Galaxies cause I had never seen him before. Then I saw that Lemmu was here and so was Jedi 220 so I know it was the right place.

I say anything is better than the green guy cause he just sucks. ;)

:lsduel: :duel:

Treacherous Mercenary
03-24-2003, 06:52 AM
Yes, it does suck indeed, but it doesn't matter to me that much anyways! Some of the good people here which makes up for it. ;)

Taos
03-24-2003, 11:27 AM
AAwwwww. :p :D What a guy you are Sardie! :)

I do have to agree with you on that one! :)

Darklighter
03-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Ditto;)

Originally posted by Ratmjedi
Then I saw that Lemmu was here and so was Jedi 220 so I know it was the right place.

Darky's here too now:DThis is gonna be my new home...unfortunately for you guys:p;)

Ratmjedi
03-24-2003, 02:13 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :eek:

At least you have a home now. I no longer have a home anymore since the Swamp is diffrent now with a lot of crap in it. :(
:lsduel: :duel:

leXX
03-24-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
YES, we are in the process of changing the banner! :p

We are currently looking at several different styles with different characters/backgrounds. We're also looking at having a different banner each time a person visits the forums.......just like the website.

Hannibal, Boba Rhett, and Eets have been showing off their stuff and it looks great! :D I am very happy with what I have been seeing and I know Com is as well [since the two of us are graphically challenged].

Just be patient folks.....we'll have it for you soon, it's just a matter of time. :)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D

dark jedi 8
03-24-2003, 05:23 PM
thanks for puting in the time and effort!:D

Taos
03-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Darklighter
Ditto;)

Darky's here too now:DThis is gonna be my new home...unfortunately for you guys:p;)

This is great news! I'm happy to have you around here Darky! :D

Treacherous Mercenary
03-25-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Darklighter

Welcome aboard to these forums and hope you enjoy the stay! ;)

Swat
03-25-2003, 08:58 AM
where's Hanni when we need him!! the welcoming pic pls

Hannibal
03-25-2003, 10:55 AM
:creeps in:
:D
http://publish.hometown.aol.com/hanmy/images/welcomemedal.jpg

Treacherous Mercenary
03-25-2003, 12:42 PM
:creeps in:
:D

You know how to make an entrance don't you. ;)

Hannibal
03-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Imperial Sardaukar
You know how to make an entrance don't you. ;)

Yep, but I'm not to good with the exits though.

:stumbles out:

Treacherous Mercenary
03-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Yep, but I'm not to good with the exits though.

:stumbles out:

KABOOOOOM!!!! :p