View Full Version : Animations Of All Kinds

02-03-2003, 03:23 PM
ok I not good at jedi modelling but no the less when I do I would like to know how to animate my char sooo in my search for a animation thread i though Duhh! why not start a animation thread of all kinds.

so if you know anything,anything at all that you feel will help us throw light on ALL the basic/best's way to animate anything/everything from one chars head to his hand on jedi knight.

so you take it from here

::GTK Raident into 3dsmax-help us figure this one out::

02-03-2003, 03:38 PM
You dont have to animate your character with the JK2 system.

The animations are already contained in the _humanoid.gla (motion capture file), all you have to do is setup the skeleton on the character and it'll animate on the fly.

...please move to general editing forum...thank you.

02-03-2003, 03:42 PM
but what if you wanted too add a new utilty on your char belt or something and you would like to have animation of your char usein it. how would you go about doin that???

02-03-2003, 03:46 PM
You cant...not until we figure out how to mess around with the .gla file.

In the general editing forums, there's a sticky at the top for the animation possibilities...they are working on it.

02-03-2003, 03:49 PM
.gla file huh well guess we can try to take that on. so if any of you know anthing about the .gla file put up some info.

02-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Like i said they are working on it:

and this thread will most likely be moved...it does not belong in the showcase/modelling forum

If you have questions, please post to the general editing forum:

02-04-2003, 05:36 PM
We need somebody to make a properly weighted skeleton, then make a new animation and export it to gla form using assimilate/carcass.

We already have a tool that will (supposedly) merge the new gla file with the default _humanoid.gla and add new animations. This really only works when you have a modeler/animator working with a coder which hasn't entirely happened yet because we scared the animators away with all the negative talk.

02-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Yeah, too bad i cant animate...:(

02-05-2003, 01:07 AM
I just started learning to skin maybe after I get skinning/modeling down ill go for animation lol