PDA

View Full Version : Idea

Lord_Vessen
02-04-2003, 12:16 AM
I was thinking about becoming a Teras Kasi Artist (This profession combines skills from the melee combat and melee tactics disciplines. A player in this profession is extremely dangerous in melee combat. Teras Kasi, or "steel hands", is a Bunduki martial arts discipline focusing on weaponless combat.) and I was thinking of building a Dojo in our city when I get really good at the art. I could train people in this Martial Art and collect payment for my services. I not sure if the game is that bendable to where i can train people myself.

swediot=)
02-04-2003, 12:38 AM
thats sounds like a great idea my goal is to some time own the local cantina in our town :)

Lord_Vessen
02-04-2003, 12:50 AM
I'm wondering if I'll be able to be a teacher and train people in skills/ proffessions. I'll be sure to stop by your cantina and have a drink, gulp, gulp, gulp.
:cheers: (Bar fight) :swear: :fire2:

swediot=)
02-04-2003, 12:59 AM
maybe you can teach proffesional bar fights :D

Lord_Vessen
02-04-2003, 01:06 AM
I'll have a special class where i show my students how to start a bar fight properly. (Now you take the beer bottle and smash it into a table, then you thrust the bottle forward into their chest...)

Lord_Vessen
02-04-2003, 01:12 AM
But on a more serious note, I don't think that I might be able to teach people skills etc. Can someone clear this up?

setsuko
02-04-2003, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure I've seen much about teaching, no, other than following your pupil and giving them advice etc.

Oh, and by the way, wasn't the name originally "Teräs Käsi"? Why did they change it? Because everyone doesn't have a swedish keyboard?

(oh, the Teräs Käsi first appeared in the Playstation fighting game, Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/masters/) ", a tekken clone.)

Lord_Vessen
02-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Thank you for the info on that, so you can kind of teach them things in that art etc. Then maybe I could open a dojo.

swediot=)
02-05-2003, 01:49 AM
no barfights are better i think this looks like a good oppertunity for profit hehehehe scellent now all i need is 2 chefs 3 dancers the guys that throw people out (dont remember what theyre called right now) and a band YES MY CANTINA DREAM du du du du du

Gaalgoth
02-05-2003, 06:46 PM
a bouncer is the word. And if it's all good with you, I wouldn't mind being one. It goes with my character's backstory.

Kylco Cotam
02-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Actually Gaalgoth and to the guy that wants to start the cantina those spicific jobs r probly gonna be played by npc's (none playable chars) or the computer because there gonna have to sit there all day and gaalgoth i dont think your gonna wanna sit at you comp 24/7 until you get fired lolso yall youll probly have to hire npc's

Thew Rydur
02-05-2003, 09:08 PM
I'm sure he wouldn't be there all the time, but it would be cool every once in a while to have an actual player there.

Kylco Cotam
02-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Ya but then the poor guy has to pay two ppl and soon he really will be poor lol but rally i was hopeing to be a smuggler and then retire and open a cantina and damn i gonna run it on a skelatin crew (saves money) *grins*

Gaalgoth
02-05-2003, 10:11 PM
well yeah, we will have npc's, but i wasn't going to collect payment for being it. I'm the founder and as this is aprt of my town i'd just be giving back to the community. Besides, if i wanted to i could take whatever money i wanted to out of the bank =)

swediot=)
02-06-2003, 12:12 AM
look man i will have my cantina and if gaalgooth wants to be bouncer he will be bouncer I WILL HAVE MY CANTINA even if i have to kill all the npcs in the one thats allready there and im also gonna have a backyard thing where people can fight

Kylco Cotam
02-06-2003, 05:35 PM
haha nice why to stand your ground *backs of and mopes by the wall* oy ne way

Gaalgoth
02-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Don't feel bad kylco. And swediot....It's Gaalgoth, not Gaalgooth

swediot=)
02-07-2003, 04:30 AM
sorry Gaalgoth it was just a typo and i wasnt meaning to sound offensive kylco im just really determined :D but i dont think you have to be an npc to control these things because that is what the merchant proffession is for. its for running player owned thingy ma jiggies

setsuko
02-07-2003, 06:23 AM
With some chef skills, I'm sure you'll be able to make some good brews, swediot :)

Lord Helmet
02-07-2003, 10:07 AM
actually you should hire a rancor to be a bouncer :D ...it would work if it din't eat u too...

ps: i think rancors willbe tameable...becasue they saidt he witch rode them...soo

Wraith 8
02-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Lord Helmet
actually you should hire a rancor to be a bouncer :D ...it would work if it din't eat u too...

ps: i think rancors willbe tameable...becasue they saidt he witch rode them...soo yeah but they had the force to do that.. and it actually is said in the courtship of princes leia that rancors are social animals.. and throug the force of the witches they could talk to them. you dont have that edge

Thew Rydur
02-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Jabba's rancor guy (forget his name) rode a rancor in Tales from Jabba's Palace. He even had it kill to banthas for him.

Lord Helmet
02-07-2003, 10:39 AM
so whos say i wont get teh force :D :cool: :rolleyes:

swediot=)
02-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
With some chef skills, I'm sure you'll be able to make some good brews, swediot :)

thanks setsuko :D but first i have to do my duty and serve in the =A= armed forces before i settle down i cant miss out on all the action now could I :lol:

Thew Rydur
02-07-2003, 11:28 PM
I can see it now....

6 months into the game a noob walks into the bar and orders an ale. Swediot limps over on his peg leg, and has a patch over one eye.

Noob: What the hell happened to you?

Swediot: Those damn Dark Sovereignty troopers shot my leg off!! I showed them though... yep best two months of my account right there for ya.

:D

swediot=)
02-08-2003, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Thew Rydur
I can see it now....

6 months into the game a noob walks into the bar and orders an ale. Swediot limps over on his peg leg, and has a patch over one eye.

Noob: What the hell happened to you?

Swediot: Those damn Dark Sovereignty troopers shot my leg off!! I showed them though... yep best two months of my account right there for ya.

:D

hahahaha :lol: :cheers:

Lord_Vessen
02-08-2003, 05:50 PM
I have an idea for our city in the game, we cold have an underground complex which houses members only. The secret entrance could be in a building.(oops just blew the secret.)

Thew Rydur
02-08-2003, 06:31 PM
That would be cool to have as a secret place, but I dunno if underground building will be included.

Lord_Vessen
02-08-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm not exactly sure about building underground but I have heard that it is going to be in the game.

swediot=)
02-08-2003, 10:18 PM
the secret entrance can be in my cantina then more pople will come mwaahahahaha but we should have one cool things that jabba has on his palace you know that i ball that pops out thats cool

DarthLord
02-08-2003, 10:30 PM
O heck ya , we need that eye thing it was tight . but who can make one if they have it in the game hmmmmmmm . :evil5:

swediot=)
02-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Lord Helmet

ps: i think rancors willbe tameable...becasue they saidt he witch rode them...soo

arent you gonna have a rancor as a pet?

Lord Helmet
02-08-2003, 10:46 PM
yes...so read my post HOLY SHIZNIT!

setsuko
02-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Your cantina would be a mighty fine rendezvous point for combat missions, swediot! Then, if people are late, I can relax and take a pint or two! :)

Ingrown
02-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
a pint or two! :)

Or three or four, then you get drunk. :eek:

Lord_Vessen
02-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Will you have entertainment at your bar?
:guiness: :cheers:
:guitar1 :band1 :guitar2
:elephant: :cowdance :cowdance :cowdance :elephant:

setsuko
02-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ingrown
Or three or four, then you get drunk. :eek:

Lesh get them gamoromorereans! Yeah! Blasht them in theirsh fashes! But first: to the batshroom! Quick!

Lord_Vessen
02-09-2003, 03:51 PM
I have an off-topic question, what are the points under your number of posts for?

setsuko
02-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Credits. You buy things as my red glow and such small perks with them. At the store. Click the Lucasforums link at the top left, and look for a tiny tiny text in white saying "store".

Lord_Vessen
02-09-2003, 07:39 PM
What are hotels for?

Thew Rydur
02-09-2003, 07:53 PM
They're private forums, and you choose who can talk in them by giving them a "key". Its only one thread though, so they're kinda useless.

Lord_Vessen
02-09-2003, 07:57 PM
That's kind of a weird thing only one thread, why waste points?

swediot=)
02-09-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Vessen
Will you have entertainment at your bar?
:guiness: :cheers:
:guitar1 :band1 :guitar2
:elephant: :cowdance :cowdance :cowdance :elephant:

will i have entertainment??? WILL I HAVE ENTERTAINMENT?? OFCOURSE. ill higher some dancing girls and a rock band and a jazz band and a boy band oh no wait cant have a boy band i have to think of my reputation

setsuko
02-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Hey, maybe I'll be nice to you and put some points into musicianship and sing at your bar now and then, that would be fun! :)

swediot=)
02-10-2003, 11:03 PM
kareeookie with the wookie :D