PDA

View Full Version : Preferred Control

Jon Popp
11-26-1999, 09:24 PM
I was wondering with what device people control Indy. I prefer a Gravis Exterminator game pad, but I have not tried anything else.

What method do you prefer?

Jon

jake
11-26-1999, 09:30 PM
Keyboard.

Drew
11-27-1999, 03:30 AM
Keyboard works well for me too.

------------------
Drew
Slicing monkeys are fun!

Blair
11-27-1999, 06:04 AM
Keyboard, but if a gamepad is more responsive in tight situations, I might get one.

What I really want is more games that use my Logitech Cyberman II 3-D puck. Best controller ever. But only Descent 2 ever worked properly with it. Now nobody bothers doing the drivers, and it's a bear to program by hand.

--Blair

FotTrigger
11-27-1999, 02:16 PM
Keyboard works fine for me, although I noticed that in my case running forward and right (SHIFT + UP + RIGHT) doesn't work, only Running forward and left...
and also sidestepping is not working in all cases....
But I prefer keyboard in all cases exept racing and flying games.

------------------
<<<Fottrigger>>>
"What is this? Sounds like steppin' on popcorn!"

Dark_Indy
11-27-1999, 03:07 PM
I use a Sidewinder Gaempad, it works great, but I really want an exterminator, they are so cool!!!

jake
11-27-1999, 03:41 PM
Keyboard would probally be the better choice over the gamepad. Remap your controls to have them near each other and everything can be done easily and fluidly.

Dark_Indy
11-28-1999, 02:29 AM
Well, I have tried many keyboard setups, but I still prefer my gamepad config. I guess its just cause I am a long time JK/MotS player, I always use my gamepad....well except when you are a scout in MP on MotS, then I have an awesome keyboard setup...thats a little of the subject.

I just like the feel of a gamepad I guess, I really hate the feel of sliding from direction to direction on the keyboard, it is much smoother on the gamepad.

-Dark Fett

Crazylegs
11-28-1999, 02:57 AM
power glove man!

I used a special nintendo to pc adapter..

Indiana Frog
11-28-1999, 05:24 AM
Well, I don't have a gamepad (except an old Gravis, which I can't find), so I use the good old keyboard. It's odd though that I can't use the ALT button to run and forward jump, kind of like FotTrigger's problem, so I just use X, which is no big deal since I'm use to having that button as a jump button. I have a Sidewinder Precision Pro, but I've found that using a joystick in this type of game is way too clumsy. I can't walk a straight line and miss a lot of jumps.