PDA

View Full Version : And some people ask me what I do on my spare time.


The Truthful Liar
02-09-2003, 10:36 AM
http://www.nrgteam.com/images_previews/images_ctf_pantheon/shot001.jpg

http://www.nrgteam.com/images_previews/images_ctf_pantheon/shot002.jpg

http://www.nrgteam.com/images_previews/images_ctf_pantheon/shot003.jpg

http://www.nrgteam.com/images_previews/images_ctf_pantheon/shot004.jpg

http://www.nrgteam.com/images_previews/images_ctf_pantheon/shot005.jpg

12thMonkey
02-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Nice design, looks fun to play.

__CKY__
02-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Yes it does look very fun to play in looks easy to fall off of which makes it even better :D

wedge2211
02-09-2003, 01:01 PM
woah.

boinga1
02-09-2003, 03:39 PM
looks like some kinda race track or something.

Pnut_Man
02-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Very original, has an Unreal Tournament Feel to it. Excellent job Legion :)

Matt-Liell
02-09-2003, 04:56 PM
I made something like that once but it was my first map and it was really bad. You should turn it into a CTF aswell.

Altus_Thrawn
02-09-2003, 07:40 PM
Wo. Wow. Awsome. Definitly original, it looks like a great level. Lots of CTF potential.

Eldritch
02-09-2003, 07:54 PM
The design is nice, but I'm one to wonder about the practicality of maps. How do the participants get up there? If it's floating, where do they land the transport? Stuff like that.

I like maps that contain that element of realism - gets me further into the game. Still looks nice, though.

The Truthful Liar
02-10-2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by __CKY__
Yes it does look very fun to play in looks easy to fall off of which makes it even better :D

It's not any worse than nar streets/warring factions ctf. :-)

Originally posted by wedge2211
woah.

Indeed? :p

Originally posted by boinga1
looks like some kinda race track or something.

I plan to flesh out the sides, perhaps wind the map up abit from keeping it so linear.

Originally posted by Pnut_Master
Very original, has an Unreal Tournament Feel to it. Excellent job Legion :)

I appreciate it, thanks. :]

Originally posted by Matt-Liell
I made something like that once but it was my first map and it was really bad. You should turn it into a CTF aswell.

That's the plan, blue side for blue, red side for red. :-D

Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn
Wo. Wow. Awsome. Definitly original, it looks like a great level. Lots of CTF potential.

I hope so, I'll be testing this map sometime during the week with the #1 european ctf/tdm clan, this way I'll know exactly what needs to be done about the gameplay if there are any problems along the way.

Originally posted by Aru-Wen
The design is nice, but I'm one to wonder about the practicality of maps. How do the participants get up there?

I've put spawn points along/inside the map, don't worry there's no need to fly. =)

If it's floating, where do they land the transport? Stuff like that.

It's an arena, since when do arenas need to land somewhere. :| XD

I like maps that contain that element of realism - gets me further into the game. Still looks nice, though.

It's just a game and it's just a map, you know, for gamers and competative ctf gameplay in mind. I originally made this map with intentions for putting it into Q3, I'm sorry if I can't always suppliment peoples' needs for so called 'realism' in a 'game'.

TA for the comments, everyone. ^_~

Perfect Chaos
02-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Looks nice, decent detail, nothing awe-inspiring but effective. The only complaint I have is that it probably won't play very well, unfortanetely. You'll be able to view the whole map at once :/ Even with detail brushes, I'm not sure how well it will run... But on the plus side, plenty of paths and z axis fighting... that's nice. My map sure lacks that a lot, my next will be sure to have a lot of that hopefully.

Katarn07
02-10-2003, 05:26 PM
Realism is important for SP, not MP IMO. And this death arena looks AWESOME!!!

And yes, PerfectChaos, do add some Z axis in your next one that the DF team lets you do as a break...

starunner
02-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Looks very cool. :) I've always enjoyed playing on open-plan maps like this. In a way it kind of reminds me of the starfleet-themed Elite Force CTF maps --the gameplay get's pretty frantic because you're almost always within view of the opposing team. Nice work.

The Truthful Liar
02-12-2003, 06:47 AM
Yes lots of z-fighting and lots of sniping work to be done in this map. Behold my amazing (10 second job) drawing skill'z'. :P

http://www.nrgteam.com/downloads/ctf_idea.jpg

Matt-Liell
02-13-2003, 07:10 AM
:eek: I am not worthy to see such a great plan! :p

Looks interesting can't wait to play it! If you need a Beta tester I'm your man!

Toonces
02-13-2003, 05:41 PM
That's wicked cool :D

It appears to have a great "old school" feel to it. Inspired me to use some long dead late 80's slang to discribe it ;)

Katarn07
02-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Toonces
"old school" late 80's slang

Long dead? Everyone says that at my school!

Darth Link
02-14-2003, 12:42 AM
yeah, and everyone says my school is ghetto at mine. anyway, AB legion, thats awesome. making good use of the bespin border lights texture i see. i kinda agree with your new (10 second drawing) layout. if its straight, then you can shoot people from the opposite end of the map (although thats kinda cool). the new Z style makes it so that you actually have to move around a bit.

wedge2211
02-14-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Darth Link
if its straight, then you can shoot people from the opposite end of the map (although thats kinda cool).

Although, with the new layout, you can snipe people in the enemy base from the midsection, and snipe people in the midsectionf rom you base. Which is even cooler in my opinion. Nice work, Legion!

I can already tell you my favortie weapon on this map is the rocket launcher...it makes a big enough "kick" to knock enemies off the catwalks!

The Count
02-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Looks lovely

The Count
02-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Very Lovely

The Truthful Liar
02-19-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Matt-Liell
:eek: I am not worthy to see such a great plan! :p

Looks interesting can't wait to play it! If you need a Beta tester I'm your man!

That's okay, I've got the entirety of de. behind me to help out. Thanks for the offer though. :-)

Originally posted by Toonces
That's wicked cool :D

It appears to have a great "old school" feel to it. Inspired me to use some long dead late 80's slang to discribe it ;)

Old-school? I wouldn't know. Quake 3, maybe. ; )

Originally posted by wedge2211
Although, with the new layout, you can snipe people in the enemy base from the midsection, and snipe people in the midsectionf rom you base. Which is even cooler in my opinion. Nice work, Legion!

Exactly, much appreciated.

I can already tell you my favortie weapon on this map is the rocket launcher...it makes a big enough "kick" to knock enemies off the catwalks!

That's the idea. :] Although in the new version you will see at the bottom of this post, I've broadened the entire map now.

Without further ado...

http://www.nrgteam.com/images_previews/images_ctf_pantheon/finished.jpg

The lighting is not finished. Architecture and texturing is. I completely rebuilt this map from scratch last week retaining the basic level design while making it larger and keeping to my plan for the new locations of the bases. I've fulfilled my promise and I hope you'll enjoy playing the map soon. =)

wedge2211
02-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Awwwwwwwesome