PDA

View Full Version : just some questons

slurpy_commando
02-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Ok, you probably won't know some of these, but what the heck.
1. Is there a single player mode, or is it online only?
2. Will there be 3rd party mods? (this is why i play games)
3. I heard you can "join the army" in the game, what sort of stuff can you do? AT-ST pilot? biker scout? or just a be a regular stormy?

setsuko
02-09-2003, 04:06 PM
1) online only, and you can't set up servers. Only official servers.

2) no third party mods. This is not half-life.

3) haha, funny enough, neither of your suggestions! :D However, you'll be able to get ranks by performing missions (quests), and ranks gives you the right to place turrets and defences, order troopers, and even vehicles (thus far, the AT-ST is the biggest, but they promised to give a try at the AT-ST). And, of course, you can join battles and give the other side a bashing!

Wraith 8
02-09-2003, 05:19 PM
wow set... you answered all right :p here's a chocalate cookie :p

She is right slurpy_commando

setsuko
02-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Chocolace cookies? YAY! Any more newbie questions? Anyone!? :D

Kiedo
02-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
Chocolace cookies? YAY! Any more newbie questions? Anyone!? :D

Sorry to disappoint ya Set, no chocolace, only chocolate :p

Damn, I gotta stop correcting people like that

setsuko
02-09-2003, 05:55 PM
And I got to stop posting in the middle of the night. Should we make a deal? ;)

slurpy_commando
02-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Ha, right. I've only played half-life once onlineand I hated it. I played jedi outcast online and after getting kicked out of 20 games in 5 mins because of my slightly high ping (and i thought the bigger number, the better) i've grown a strong dis-liking to online games. Maybe I'll wait awhile after it comes out and buy it when the price goes down. Don't want to pay too much for a game that preforms terrible on my PC, but still have it for when i get faster internet. Also, what do you mean by "official" servers? Does this mean its going to cost money to play even after you buy the game, like some other *cough* *cough* online RPGs? Hell, I though RPG stood for "Rocket propelled grenade". Guess not. Oh well, thanks for clearning that stuff up, though i was sort of hoping for speeder bikes. I guess it's come down from "I'm getting this game when I comes out!" to "um, I'll get it whenever".

Thew Rydur
02-09-2003, 07:40 PM
Yeah you'll have to pay a monthly fee somewhere between $10-15, to keep the servers up.

Lord_Vessen
02-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Slurpy what type of connection do you have? I'd suggest cable if you don't have it.

slurpy_commando
02-09-2003, 11:54 PM
I've got a dialup 56k, I only pay $90 a year, thats like what, $8 a month? anyway, i searched through a faq at the swgalaxies.net site and it said a 56k w/ 1.0 Gig , 256 megs of ram, and a geforce 3 should run fine. I'll probably still buy the game, even if it is a rip off. Freaking, its starwars, right? I still don't get why there's no single player, though. Wouldn't it be the exact same as multiplayer, just without other human players? Maybe that'll make a good expansion pack for us cheap bas***rds.

Lord_Vessen
02-10-2003, 12:36 AM
Okay so 56k does work fine on SWG, I still like my cable connection even though its $50 a month combined with cable t.v.

setsuko
02-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by slurpy_commando
I still don't get why there's no single player, though. Wouldn't it be the exact same as multiplayer, just without other human players? Maybe that'll make a good expansion pack for us cheap bas***rds.

Eh, no, it's not the same. Basically, the most fun stuff in mmorpgs is the other players. Without them, it would be pretty useless.

Deft Aklin
02-10-2003, 09:04 AM
BTW, you will be able to check out AT-STs, AT-ATs and troops of STs on battlefields. Should be a blast. GO EMPIRE!!!!!