PDA

View Full Version : ForceMod 2.0 - Dual Pistol screenshots

Azymn
02-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Sorry it took so long to get these posted...
I just threw together a minisite for the next version of Forcemod. It contains a partial list of features for the next release and a handful of screenshots:

http://www.geocities.com/ibidetalitis/forcemod2.html

Please post in this thread if you can report any bugs, balance problems, or other issues with the current forcemod_beta.

Also, if there are any features you would like to see in version 2, mention them here and I'll see if I can accommodate the request.

Thanks.

boinga1
02-13-2003, 10:25 PM
holy @$%^ that is amazing, makes 1.0 seem primitive

AJL
02-14-2003, 03:46 AM
That green-yellow-red force meter ?? what is it ?? ( jet fuel maybe ?:D )

Azymn
02-14-2003, 03:53 AM
lol, thx boinga1. i've been debuggin this stuff for so long now - its nice to know it still seems like an improvement. :)

AJL - yeah, it's the merc's battery, a sort of power supply for the jetpack/cloaking/goggles/etc... I thought it might be nice to make a visual distinction for it, so it seems more like a battery. The red and yellow represent "low on power" warning colors.

bliv
02-14-2003, 05:26 AM
Looks better than I ever imagined.

Just one thing I'd like to ask.

You said pure saber users can block anything in their crosshair. Is there anyway to increase this range where they can block anything?

eg. Depending on force level the range of blocking increases.

Hekx
02-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Any chance of additions / modifications to the Force Powers? The Mercs seem to get a lot more neat stuff than the Jedi. :p

Higginson
02-14-2003, 11:25 AM
Looks excellent, but y do the pic links down the bottom all go to the same pic of the radar thing? good job on the mod anyway.

Azymn
02-14-2003, 01:18 PM
You said pure saber users can block anything in their crosshair. Is there anyway to increase this range where they can block anything?
eg. Depending on force level the range of blocking increases.

Well, they can block any attacks from a single attacker, if the attacker is in their sights. I fear they would be too uber-powerful if we extended it to multiple attackers, but we'll see after the beta is released.

Any chance of additions / modifications to the Force Powers? The Mercs seem to get a lot more neat stuff than the Jedi.
The Mercs do get a lot of toys....i might add two new force powers (to replace team heal & team force)....and i have another idea i've been throwing around too.
I'll post a poll on it if/when it comes time that i could add more stuff for the jedi.

Oh, and thanks for pointin out the broken links Higginson - they're fixed now.

Higginson
02-14-2003, 01:21 PM
S'ok, anytime. i hav to say this is probly gonna be the best MP mod out, but at the mo im sill playin the beta version :D

Padawan_7
02-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Looks great Darth_Syrup!

I have a question though...your site says that mercs can use dual pistols, but one of your screenshots show the holding of dual stormtrooper rifles. What weapons can be held in dual fashion?

I'm inclined to think that only dual pistols should be allowed for balance reasons.

Originally posted by Darth_Syrup

Please post in this thread if you can report any bugs, balance problems, or other issues with the current forcemod_beta.

There's only two bugs I can think of: 1.) the second lightsaber color for bots is messed up (I mentioned this in the last forcemod thread) and 2.) when using a particular lightsaber stance, and upon death and respawning, the lightsaber stance is automatically moved to the next one in the line up. (i.e. If you're using the light lightsaber stance, when you die, the lightsaber stance will be moved up to medium.)

Both of these bugs were in the original Jedimod (and not your fault :p :D ).

AJL
02-14-2003, 04:27 PM
More force stuff for jedis and siths ?? hmm... not sure if
thats good idea...:rolleyes:

I think that it might be best if there are only following
powers but all "available" for both Siths and Jedis:

Jump = neutral
Speed = neutral
Saber Offence = neutral
Saber Defence = neutral

Push == Dark side + 1*Lev
Pull == Dark side + 1*Lev
Grip == Dark side + 2*Lev
Lightning == Dark side + 3*Lev
Rage == Dark side + 2*Lev
Saber Throw == Dark side + 1*Lev

Heal == Light side - 2*Lev
Absorb == Light side - 3*Lev
Seeing == Light side - 1*Lev
Mind Trick == Light side - 2*Lev

>> You wondering whats -/+ X*Lev ???

Well i think player shouldn't be able to select his force side
but instead his side should be calculated based on what
powers he have selected

So zero = neutral, Selecting dark side powers will lower
that number and selecting light side powers will bring
that number up... (if less than 0 then you are sith if
above and you are jedi)

And it might also be good idea to scale those powers
effectiveness with that number... (if you take equally dark
and light powers then both will be pretty weak but if you
take mostly dark powers then dark powers will be stronger
and light powers will be even weaker... and reversed...)

Azymn
02-14-2003, 05:25 PM
What weapons can be held in dual fashion?
I'm inclined to think that only dual pistols should be allowed for balance reasons.
Right now, only pistols and blasters can be dual-wielded. I will likely make dual blasters less accurate if balance-testing shows that they are too strong.

1.) the second lightsaber color for bots is messed up (I mentioned this in the last forcemod thread)

I remember. That bug is now fixed.

2.) when using a particular lightsaber stance, and upon death and respawning, the lightsaber stance is automatically moved to the next one in the line up. (i.e. If you're using the light lightsaber stance, when you die, the lightsaber stance will be moved up to medium.)

I have seen where that happens in the code. It's to safeguard against having the wrong stances (for dualblade, etc...) at spawn time. I'll take another look and see if i can fix it.

AJL - Did you look at the new force sides? That is how i hoped to address the issue. That way, if a jedi mixes light & dark powers they must choose a preference, and cannot master either side (i.e. level 4). Level 4 force powers are reserved for pure jedi/sith.

Lord Tnuc
02-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Wow. That looks great. Better than I thought it would. Great job, Darth. I sure hope I'm beta testing testing this one as I did the first.

bliv
02-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Another few questions.

1) Are the Merc improvements constant in way Jedi Force powers are, meaning you respawn with all the little gadgets?

2) Do any of the gadgets have upgrades like Force Powers? Just wondering about the balance relating to the Force if not.

eg. Shield charging being similar to Jedi Healing where a lower level shield charger would charge slower or have to stop moving.

Lord Tnuc
02-14-2003, 07:35 PM
I was thinking. Perhaps another cool feature would be to be able to switch firing modes on the firearms. Likewith the blaster...you could have 3-round bursts...and another mode for it..as normal fire. or..for dual pistols..will both guns fire at the same time, or will they fire one after the other? I think that'd be another good feature..enabling the person to change how those fire.

Archonon
02-14-2003, 07:58 PM
That's looking fantastic Darth_Syrup.

One small concern though. I noticed the Merc can cloak and not be detected by Force Seeing, yet it can use optic radar to detect Mindtrick (Jedi Cloaking). I think this gives too much advantage to the Merc since not only they have flawless invisibility and detect cloak while they Jedi can neither cloak without being detected nor detect a cloaked Merc. Perhaps it might be best if Force Seeing can detect cloaked Mercs? Especially since bots like to use that damn invisilbility so much. In the interest of balance...just my opinion though.

Also maybe you remember a long time ago I mentioned that bug that makes bots lose their sabers once they use saber throw from time to time, especially in FFA maps when even if they respawn they lose it again. If you can find a solution to that it'd be great.

Excellent job.

Azymn
02-15-2003, 03:39 AM
1) Are the Merc improvements constant in way Jedi Force powers are, meaning you respawn with all the little gadgets?

Yes. I'm tinkering with a 3 class system for the mercs...i'll likely post a poll on it in a few days. But you would always respawn with the toys that accompany the merc.

2) Do any of the gadgets have upgrades like Force Powers? Just wondering about the balance relating to the Force if not.

There are varying levels within each power that the user won't see, that relate to the general force rank of the server. i.e. mercs have level 1 powers until about padawan learner, up until level 4 abilities if the server is on jedi master or higher.
I'll likely change the merc battery (forcepower) recharge time too, as an added precaution for balance.

Perhaps another cool feature would be to be able to switch firing modes on the firearms.

Not a bad idea - i'll jot it down for consideration if i put out another version.

Archonon:
- Cloaking is indeed powerful, but will have a limited duration, as will optic radar. You'll also see the disadvantages to both powers once you start playing - you can still make out cloakers at close range (check out the pic), and optic radar makes it difficult to see the rest of your surroundings, unlike forceSeeing.
These will both be balanced during the beta testing.
- I'm still working on the missing saber bug... :)
- And the bots won't spam force powers as often anymore, i'm changing the AI.

bliv
02-15-2003, 05:09 AM
Didn't see anything on the site but....

Are the dual jetpack emissions still in?

And what about the improved grappling hook. I haven't heard you mention that in ages.

EffJi
02-15-2003, 05:24 AM
Would it be possible to make the blaster shots move faster?
Like in the movies. They move too damn slow in the game.

AJL
02-15-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by EffJi
Like in the movies. They move too damn slow in the game.

Thats easy...:rolleyes: but "may" cause some problems...

Wudan
02-15-2003, 10:43 AM
As we say up in my hood:

"Oh no hell no, yall done up and done it now."

Damn. That is AWESOME.

Hopefully for next version of ForceMod we'll crack open this animation junk. Though I'd rather be coding in some cool stuff like what you've got there ...

t3rr0r
02-15-2003, 12:41 PM
those screenshots look really great... one suggestion of mine is to peek into the sof2 source to see how people catch fire from the incendiary grenades... because that's a cool looking effect.

also, could you make the falling death (when you fall in a pit or something) trigger the animation BOTH_FALLDEATH1INAIR? it would add some more fun detail to the game. :D

Wudan
02-15-2003, 04:24 PM
They do it essentially the same we we see people when we turn on force_seeing - you call this, specify that, and whamo! Instant inflamation!

t3rr0r
02-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by wudan
They do it essentially the same we we see people when we turn on force_seeing - you call this, specify that, and whamo! Instant inflamation!
i assume so, but this way he'll know which flame sprites he'll need extract from sof2 (i can do that if necessary).

burn, baby, burn. (http://www.gamingfiles.com/screenshots/3/potd/1042928508.jpg)

Azymn
02-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Are the dual jetpack emissions still in?
And what about the improved grappling hook. I haven't heard you mention that in ages.

Yeah, i haven't gotten the dual jetpack emissions to look right yet - i emailed Artifex to ask how he did it in promod3. Once i get a good handle on how to best use vectors, the grapple should be working too. Right now, the grapple pushes you miles (literally) out of the map at the point it's supposed to make you swing, lol.
It's all in the math...

Yes, but AJL has a point in that it may cause some balance problems. But we'll keep the option open as a possibility.

wudan - hehe, new animations would be cool.

t3rror - Those flame FX are much cooler than my current ones (i'll post pics and let you guys decide) - it would be cool to add those in. I don't have sof2, and i don't think the fx would be packaged with the source code, so if you're willing to extract them i'll try to get them in the game. btw - thanks for suggesting the BOTH_GUNSIT1 animation - it looks much more aggressive than the one i had been using. :)

t3rr0r
02-15-2003, 05:04 PM
t3rror - Those flame FX are much cooler than my current ones (i'll post pics and let you guys decide) - it would be cool to add those in. I don't have sof2, and i don't think the fx would be packaged with the source code, so if you're willing to extract them i'll try to get them in the game. btw - thanks for suggesting the BOTH_GUNSIT1 animation - it looks much more aggressive than the one i had been using. :)
i'd be happy to extract them... just tell me the names of the gfx or shaders the code specifies and i'll get them.

Ronin_Medjai
02-16-2003, 06:24 AM
This mod rox0rz I loved forcemod 1 and all this makes it better just add in all the stuff from omnimo 2.0 like the new rpg system and saber all that good stuff and you have succesfully created the best mod of all time to get the rpg stuff from omni 2.0 I think they said they were going to release their source code.......Looks Great guys keep up the good work? Any estimate on the release? maybe a percentage of how far you are and how much more or something...... Also Can I beta test it?

bliv
02-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Doubt it will be included due to the large amount of features already in this version. There is a list of stuff wanted for 3.0 as it is.

Eldritch
02-16-2003, 07:53 PM
I don't normally play mods, nor do I even like them - but I may have to check this out... the list of features is quite impressive.

DarthDarth
02-16-2003, 09:22 PM
May I please Beta Test this Mod. I've been waiting for it since the first Force Mod came out. I would really enjoy Beta Testing it. Jedi Knight II might be fun to play again after this mod. Now all I'll need is Plo Koon to be happy.

Thanks,
DarthDarth

Hekx
02-16-2003, 11:30 PM
I think adding a 'Force Dodge' would be good. Since it takes forever to try and get Force Seeing to do dodging.

Anyway, the Merc features do make it seem unbalanced, but I don't know that until I try the actual game.

Hopefully Mercs won't be uber-powerful. We all know what happened to the Fetts. :D

Altus_Thrawn
02-17-2003, 07:20 AM
Awsome...just great. The mercs do get more things...but they are all realistic. Can't wait for release!

Azymn
02-17-2003, 06:49 PM
Any estimate on the release? maybe a percentage of how far you are and how much more or something
I'm hesitant to put a date up on the release b/c i have very little time to work on it. But it's about 95% done.

The mercs will be powerful, but the jedi may also use guns, or opt to be saber-only.

t3rror - at a glance, it seemed like there was a complex gore code related to the "immolation" fx for incendiary grenades in sof2. We might be able to just grab a shader and use it (though it looks doubtful) - if you or someone else would like to post in a sof2 forum and find out if it's that simple, i'd be more than willing to make the effect happen. Sorry, but I don't have the time right now to check it out myself.

Hekx
02-20-2003, 12:26 PM
Any chance of working with the old Style Over Substance team to add 'Force Foresight' and 'Force Safe Fall' to ForceMod?
Maybe in version 3.0, unless you have other plans. :)

Lord Tnuc
02-20-2003, 02:43 PM
I'm curious..how would the foresight work? o.o...sounds really cool. but what's it mean for in-game stuff? o.o

Hekx
02-20-2003, 04:21 PM
The Force Foresight in Style Over Substance slowed down the action, so you could get more precise hits and dodge attacks easier. I've only played against bots, so I don't know if affects everyone, or just the player who uses it.

mort!!!
02-20-2003, 04:59 PM
could you please make a dual BLASTERS toggle? that would be good

Azymn
02-20-2003, 05:41 PM
If i release a 3.0, i plan on swapping out team heal and team force for two new powers, one light, one dark, or just one new neutral power, like a vamped up forceDodge.

could you please make a dual BLASTERS toggle?
If you mean to switch between dual and single, it's already a bindable button in the menus. And if you mean limit whether dual blasters (as opposed to just dual pistols) are available, that's in there too.

razorace
02-20-2003, 10:22 PM
like a vamped up forceDodge.

What?! you stealing my gig?!

Azymn
02-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by razorace
What?! you stealing my gig?!
lol - no Ace, if i did a forceDodge, it would pale in comparison to the system you've implemented. And that's "if". :)

Lord Tnuc
02-21-2003, 04:26 AM
Perhaps you can throw in an "exploding bryar projectile" code as an add-on ;)....

mort!!!
02-21-2003, 09:41 AM
NO, I ment a toggle for admins to be able to restrict the availability of dual blasters, not bryars.

Hekx
02-21-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by mort!!!
NO, I ment a toggle for admins to be able to restrict the availability of dual blasters, not bryars.
By the looks of ForceMod Beta 1.0, there will be lots of console commands to change the options available on the server. :)

Azymn
02-22-2003, 11:59 PM
About 95% of the new features can be turned on/off.

Lord Tnuc - still lobbying for a cajun card trick? :)

Lord Tnuc
02-24-2003, 10:57 AM
You betcha.:p

Azymn
02-24-2003, 03:56 PM
I only have a few of the emails of people who have expressed an interest in beta testing, so if you'd like to test, please:

1 - Contact me thru the email posted on the ForceMod 2 website (in the bottom right corner)
2 - Make the subject of your emails "forcemod 2 beta - <your name>"
3 - The email address i receive from you will be the one i send download and beta testing information to.

The beta testing will hopefully start sometime this week.

bliv
02-24-2003, 07:18 PM
I e-mailed you.

cheeto101
02-24-2003, 10:32 PM
the style over substance dodge wouldnt work too well unless it was a dual (it slows down to slo mo, wouldnt work in a ffa, unless it was set so two people in a ffa who are dualing could use it??) and the whole saber deystroying thing is sweet, is it possible to have it so you could only have sabers like darth maul's (longer, built for two blades ) can have deystroyer mode??? And i guess new animations are still outta the question huh?

bliv
02-25-2003, 03:52 AM
New animations definately aer out of the question as they can't be put in game.

mort!!!
02-25-2003, 11:13 AM
All the flame anims form Return to Castle Wolfenstein are worth extracting for force mod 2. They have no gore code. You should contact T3rr0r about that. i think he even has that game judging by his last avatar.

Zippo85
02-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Ive got a great idea i think.
If it is possibul to make the falling damage on the merchs larger so they would be more reliabul on their jetpacks.
this would also fade out some of the balance issues, that 2.0 seems to have.
If it is about twice the size of the original you are on the right path i think

Just a thought....:fett:

t3rr0r
02-25-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by mort!!!
All the flame anims form Return to Castle Wolfenstein are worth extracting for force mod 2. They have no gore code. You should contact T3rr0r about that. i think he even has that game judging by his last avatar.
yeah i could scrounge up those sprites if needed. :)

http://clan-cd.tripod.com/flamethrower.zip has the flamethrower.shader and the images that the shader calls for.

Azymn
02-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the flamethrower shader link, t3rr0r.

We'll see what the verdict is after the beta on whether people would prefer different flamethrower fx. Bandwidth and processing is an issue: the new flamethrower i've just implemented looks different than the one on the forcemod2 website. After starting a large FFA game, the fx were so thick it wouldn't even show up.

wedge2211
02-25-2003, 08:23 PM
How about a stun setting for the blasters? It could slow down the hit player a little, or make the view go all funky like getting hit by an interrogator droid in SP Outcast, or just act like force push and knock players down. I think a stun setting would be cool. Although, I don't know whether it should be for mercs only or for any player with a blaster.

t3rr0r
02-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
How about a stun setting for the blasters? It could slow down the hit player a little, or make the view go all funky like getting hit by an interrogator droid in SP Outcast, or just act like force push and knock players down. I think a stun setting would be cool. Although, I don't know whether it should be for mercs only or for any player with a blaster.
it could make the person black out (and slowly be able to see clearly again)... like a flash grenade, only with blackness instead of whiteness.

mariners2001
02-25-2003, 11:38 PM
Great job! The absolute best mod so far. Soon, there won't be any need for an expansion.

Here are the bugs I found:
* couldn't add certain bots and crashed the game (custom ones)
* game crashed when second pistol was taken out (pistol worked fine at first)
* Level 4 Lightning and the flamethrower last about 1 second at most. The time should be lengthened IMO
* all of the models are shown now!!! great job! however, all the maps cannot be seen. is this fixable?
* dual jetpack thrusters are a bit too low
* grapple model is missing
* grapple cord comes out of foot. is there a possibility for it to come out of it's arm/hand or something?
* grapple cord is yellow
* i am not able to move when sniping even when cvar is turned on
* when second blade color is disabled and you turn on dual blades the colors overlap...very strange

Again, very nice job! First time I've played JK2 in a while. I think this got me hooked again! Thanks!

Rob (mariners2001)

deXtoRious
02-26-2003, 06:21 PM
I've been wondering: is it possible only to change existing force powers or can you actually add your own?

Please, release this wonderful mod sooner and make Jedi/Sith more powerful! I just can't wait for it. Any chance of at least a public beta or something?

mort!!!
02-27-2003, 09:49 AM
Well Azymn, it seems like you've got your hands full, but could you post some flamethrower pics?

Orbitšl
02-27-2003, 06:51 PM
I was thinking about something you can add to this mod, if you haven't already.

For the Force users out there, maybe add a feature where you can use force push on the ground (when falling) to slow ur fall rate.

What do you think?

Lord X
02-27-2003, 08:35 PM
I agree with orbital that would a nice feature to help you not lose as much health when you fall. So that this doesnt happen when you land...:zamn1:

Azymn
02-28-2003, 12:40 AM
deXtoRious - It's on its way, but no public beta....i've got a lot of bugs to sort out first. :)

mort!!! - One of the testers has posted some on a website....ihe's redoing it right now but i'm sure he'll have some screenies.

Orbitšl & Lord X - Not a bad idea...i'll put it on my list of prospective additions.

bliv
02-28-2003, 03:35 AM
If you want any screens I'll take a few tonight 8:00pm GMT. You can e-mail me @ shay_invincible_given@hotmail.com

That is assuming that I'm allowed to show screens of the beta.

Azymn
02-28-2003, 03:38 AM
By all means, go ahead. :)
Kartikay had some posted on a website, but i lost the think to it.

Sarafan Raziel
02-28-2003, 09:35 AM
In your new forcemod I'd like to have some features that influence SP also. Or if you change the combat style in MP so that is more SP like, it'll very nice of you.

bliv
02-28-2003, 12:16 PM
The difference between MP and SP saber combat is that the bots in SP want to attack. In MP they simulate real people in the way they don't always go head on after you. It's what makes the difference.

12thMonkey
02-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Please say you'll implement model scaling like in JediMod, I couldn't bear setting fire to a 6-foot Yoda rather than a 3-foot one with that sweet flamethrower :D

bliv
02-28-2003, 05:04 PM
The scaling mod was in the first version of ForceMod and is in the beta so it is definately in the full version of ForceMod 2.0. Tchouky's saber colour code is also in there.

Sarafan Raziel
02-28-2003, 05:44 PM
I know that in MP bots are trieing to be more human like, but everything there is different. I got killed by a very weak hit with the saber. I really don't the way these bot progres... I'd like them to be more SP like, that's why I asked about it. In addition SP has some interesting features like POSSESSION ABILITY, and other saber styles, also forces are more superior there. Making forcemod which infuence both SP and MP would be ... amazing, brilliant, outstanding :D ;)

Orbitšl
02-28-2003, 10:00 PM
Would you consider maybe making a cvar to allow the velocity of force jump to be increased.

An example:
mod_forcejump 0 (would make the velocity as it in in standard jk2)
mod_forcejump 1 (would maybe make it a lil faster)

I know Forcemod 1 had a jump cvar already, those are just examples, but u get the idea.

Anyways, what do you all think?

tasmic
03-01-2003, 01:25 AM
Here are some pics. i took of Jango Fett while playing as a Mercenary in ForceMod 2.0 Beta:

http://home.attbi.com/~fradac/shot0000.jpg

http://home.attbi.com/~fradac/shot0002.jpg

For the rest of them you can visit my site at:

http://home.attbi.com/~fradac

deXtoRious
03-01-2003, 08:47 AM
2 Azymn

Are there any beta testing positions still open? I'd love to test it...:rolleyes:

000nate
03-02-2003, 01:28 PM
This is definetly looking excellent. Make sure to post the link here the day it comes out :D

lonepadawan
03-02-2003, 02:54 PM
Hmm.. how did you get Jangos pistols?

Lord X
03-02-2003, 04:27 PM
those are some nice pics you have tasmic

bliv
03-02-2003, 06:10 PM
To get Jango pistols download the episode 2 weapons pack. It also comes with Zam's Sniper and the Clone Cannon.

mort!!!
03-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Hey, who's in favor Azymn's flame FX, and who's in favor of the ones from Wolfenstein. I opt for the RTCW ones.

razorace
03-02-2003, 06:52 PM
I don't think this is a democratically run mod. :D

tasmic
03-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Re: those are some nice pics you have tasmic

Thanks Lord X, i took the shots myself, there are more at the bottom of those two pics, if you click on the link, i'll try to upload more as i get some better pics. ok?

Also like blic said, i got a pack which comes with 3 weapons:

-Jango's Pistol (replaces the bryer pistol)
-Zam's Sniper (if you don't know which weapon this replaces, you
shouldn't be playing Jedi Outcast ok? ;) )
-Clone Cannon, used by the Clone Troopers (replaces the
repeater)

You can get the pack here:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=9744

Anyways, since ForceMod let's you use two blasters........well i think you get the idea :p

mort!!!
03-03-2003, 09:41 AM
come on ace, I just would like to see who supports what.

MasterKoon237
03-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Any updates, Azymn?

Azymn
03-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Just tweakin the menus and adding a few more features for testing. I had less time than i thought, hopefully it'll all be ready for beta 2.

mort!!!
03-05-2003, 05:08 PM
What's your take on the flame FX, Azymn.

Padawan_7
03-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Azymn, ForceMod 2.0 is sounding great!

I just have a few questions:

Did you ever get the selectable pistols thing worked out?

Will it be possible for people (or bots) to play as a shadow trooper (i.e. dark force power plus the cloaking ability)?

And will the grapple have any effect on the players in touches (i.e. freezing or a force pull/knockdown effect)? If so can bots use them for that purpose?

Thanks. :D

Padawan_7

bliv
03-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Answers from what I know and the first beta.

1) If you are referring to different pistol models and skins like the lightsaber hilt selecting, then no. This has been added to a list of possibilities for version 3.0 if Azymn does a version 3.0.

2) Interesting idea but I don't think it's possible. Force powers are like a contrast to merc equipment. You can't have both, therefore cloaking and force powers won't be avialble at the same time.

3) No idea, grapple isn't fully functional in the first beta.

MasterKoon237
03-06-2003, 08:20 PM
so does this mean it's already released?

zERoCooL2479
03-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Hey Dude, Just checking things out...Hope everything is going okay with the mod...

Need any help, you know how to find me!!

Azymn
03-06-2003, 10:24 PM
mort!!! - probly leaving the flame fx as they are so i can focus on other things.

Padawan_7 - bliv's right - not yet (if ever) to all of the above.

MasterKoon237 - no, not yet. :)

zERoCooL2479 - i'll be sure to let you know. :)
For those of you who don't know, zERoCooL has offered solid and tested code for admin commands to save me the time of writing my own buggy equilvalents :) . If not by beta 2, the release following will have them.

deXtoRious
03-08-2003, 09:21 AM
BTW when will Beta 2 come out? I'm not asking for a release date, I just want to know how ready it is and whether we'll get it after a week, a month or a year...

AJL
03-08-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Azymn
Yes, but AJL has a point in that it may cause some balance problems. But we'll keep the option open as a possibility...

But i didn't mean that faster blaster bolts causes balance
problems... (although they may cause...)

I meant that when you make them fly faster (especially if
you make them fly MUCH faster) it sometimes causes that
game doesn't render them at all (because they exist so
short time...) and faster speed may also cause that
they clip through things...

razorace
03-08-2003, 04:14 PM
I've already implimented faster bolt speeds. They never clip thru objects due to the way the missile code runs. However, since the bolt is rendered per frame, at higher speeds the bolt will seem to skip a little bit since the speed of the bolt is going faster than the server frame rate.

Flamehart
03-08-2003, 05:27 PM
This mod is starting to look very nice. Are there any Beta Testing positions still open? If so, I would like to beta test, my email is craig@navas.net (i believe i emailed you once, i cant remember). Also, will this mod have RPG options like Omnimod 2.0 did? I found that helpful when RPGing and such.

Also, will you be able make it so that if your enemy is in your crosshair and they use lightning on you, can you catch it Yoda style? If not, is it possible to make it absorb into the lightsaber? Just wondering.

tasmic
03-08-2003, 10:52 PM
Hey Azyman, i tried the Beta 2 version, and i didn't have ANY problems, even with the once you sent in your e-mail........... I LOVE IT :D

bliv
03-09-2003, 09:20 AM
No roleplaying.

Vairtis
03-09-2003, 10:04 AM
HOW did you change the color of the bar I'v been trying and trying and trying!!!!!!!! PLZ tell me how!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.

Zappa_0
03-10-2003, 12:38 AM
hey it looking to be a great mod, I liked the first one alot which I have a few questions about the second release. Will it have an admin system(maybe a better one then Omni) also will you be able to switch guns like an imperial baster and a missle launcher? I would also like to beta test Force Mod 2, if you have any openings for beta testers.

MasterKoon237
03-10-2003, 05:07 PM
I got the Beta(thanks Mariners2001)and was wonderin how you activate dual guns, and the grappling hook? Or are they not in the Beta?

Azymn
03-10-2003, 06:05 PM
AOTJ_Craig - There won't be RPG stuff in this mod - it's focused on combat.

Vairtis - Umm, i think the files are forcetick0 - forcetick9, look for them in the menu folders (i can't check right now).

Zappa_0 - the final release will have an admin system.

I got the Beta(thanks Mariners2001)and was wonderin how you activate dual guns, and the grappling hook? Or are they not in the Beta?

Look in the menus.

Padawan_7
03-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Azymn,

I read over in the beta testing thread about a concern with bots not designated as a Jedi or a merc. How do these bots act?

I would prefer them to act the same way they always do (using all of their allotted weapons with no force, no sabers, and no merc gadgets). These type of bots would represent the Lando's and Han's out there. :D

Azymn
03-12-2003, 07:18 PM
I believe it's an issue with an f_powerbots setting giving all forcepowers to bots, turning f_powerbots off should fix it. I will likely tweak it anyway so as to avoid confusion in the future.

DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 04:29 PM
I have no clue if anyone has asked but will this be compatible with OMNI Mod 2.0 cause I will never get rid of OMNI mod I just love it too much!

Wudan
03-16-2003, 04:31 PM
Wow, DarkLord - you really don't understand coding at all, do you?

It ain't texturing, I'll tell you that.

And OmniMod? WTF!

DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 05:24 PM
hey I know how to edit textures and tweak certain things. But no I dont code at all and it was probably stupid to ask cause Omni mod runs on client and you would have to disable it to run this in order to have administrator mod work. And yes OMNI mod rules. Until you can give me one reaseone promod or any other mp client is better promod doesnt have everything I want in it. I really dont play alot of mp onless I in a JOMOVIE. I just like OMNI mod for saber stances, CVAR selections, doubles sided saber and two duel saber, and client model scaling, and on and on and I dont think Promod or any other mod has that. Prove me wrong cause I would like to know if Promod or all these other mods have these features too. Oh and I really love the TCK color option for sabers and I love the OMNI MOD sabers they look so cool. OMNI MOD is really good if you like to play RPGs.

lonepadawan
03-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Omnimod.. ugh. Highly praised by the fools who live at JK2files... and umm all those "cool" thing are from the original jedimod. Which forcemod is based on.

DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 06:22 PM
I am no fool I just like having extra stances and jetpacks and emotes and other S#$T! Unlike PRO MOD or others not that their bad I just don't like them and noone on zone uses them.

DarkLord60
03-16-2003, 07:00 PM
OK I have tried ProMod and one thing I hate is no model scalinging. But enough of this let us not take this discussion away from topic. This mod looks wonderful.

bliv
03-17-2003, 01:43 PM
I hope Forcemod 2.0 isn't going to be open source because from what I've played in beta 2.0 it's amazing. It would be a shame to see the whole of the code go into another mod with the addition of a few cvars and be given another name taking most of the credit away from the original author.

Anakin
03-18-2003, 04:30 AM
Is that a dig at aotc:tc and promod??

razorace
03-18-2003, 04:36 AM
I doubt it. AOTC TC is closed source and tight lipped about everything. :P

I think the burn was against the Attack of the Jedimod Clones: Totally Cloned. :D

Anakin
03-18-2003, 04:40 AM
Nah we are going to be pretty open source when its all done and dusted with, but back to topic, ForceMod looks great :)

razorace
03-18-2003, 04:45 AM
Totally finished before or after hell freezes over. :D

Darth Loki
03-18-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by DarkLord60
OK I have tried ProMod and one thing I hate is no model scalinging. But enough of this let us not take this discussion away from topic. This mod looks wonderful.

probably because promod focuses on gameplay, not little visual diversions.

Azymn
03-18-2003, 05:50 AM
DarkLord60 - ForceMod won't be compatible with any other mods that alter code.

bliv - you will likely see some features from ForceMod in a few select mods in the future, but as of now it will not be publicly open source.

rut-wa jodar
03-18-2003, 06:47 PM
I just hope forcemod 2.0 is released before the Iraqi war begins. I don`t wanna die until I have played this mod

DarkLord60
03-18-2003, 10:01 PM
DarkLord60 - ForceMod won't be compatible with any other mods that alter code.

bliv - you will likely see some features from ForceMod in a few select mods in the future, but as of now it will not be publicly open source.

Yeah i know that but I wanted to make sure of that.

ZombieHendrix
03-19-2003, 01:36 AM
how far along are you in beta 2 of forcemod to completion?

I loved the first beta but servers stopped using it, but with these additions they can't resist

mort!!!
03-21-2003, 09:36 AM
hendrix,

You're confusing the term beta2. There's already a beta 1 of forcemod2. We're talking about beta2 OF forcemod 2.

Anakin
03-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Cool :)
Well Mort - just saw your sig - Dex's Dinner is certainly going to be a map that you will be playing very soon :)
And as you love us and ForceMod2 you will be glad to hear that Azymn will be helping us with the code too :)

DarkLord60
03-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Thats very good news.

rut-wa jodar
03-23-2003, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know if the coding for the jetpacks allows bot`s to be able use them ??

i would expect new bot routes would have to be made for existing maps.

Anakin
03-24-2003, 06:04 AM
I will ask the coders for you and see if we can get the bots to use the Jetpack.

Anakin

Wudan
03-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Whoa, anakin, chill with the thread jackin .. this here be' ForceMod.

Azymn
03-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know if the coding for the jetpacks allows bot`s to be able use them ??
The bots use jetpacks in ForceMod 2.

rut-wa jodar
03-24-2003, 05:38 PM
The bots use jetpacks in ForceMod 2.

:drop2: That`s great news, Azymn :thumbs1:

BTW ! I emailed you today to ask If i can beta test your mod. If you are still beta testing could you email it to me. :rock:

DarkLord60
03-24-2003, 07:56 PM
They won't use them for me!

Anakin
03-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Woah- sorry people didnt realise!

rut-wa jodar
03-25-2003, 08:56 AM
I'm hesitant to put a date up on the release b/c i have very little time to work on it. But it's about 95% done. Azymn.

can you give an update on how your forcemod2 is coming along ?

I would be grateful if someone would email me the latest beta version so I can help beta test it.

my email address wayne.rutter1@ntlworld.com

Thanx in advance

mort!!!
03-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Picket line outside Azymn's Home:

We want an update! We want an update!

razorace
03-28-2003, 06:04 PM
Great, more useless protesting. I'm sure Azymn is working as hard as he can. He just doesn't have the time that other modders have to devote to modding.

Batmantas
03-28-2003, 06:16 PM
If it's not too late to make a suggestion, I think a nice feature to add would be a cvar to allow for realistic sabers or the current saber abilities. I've seen much disscussion all over the forum concerning the issue of one-hit-kills with the lightsaber( realistic ) versus a more forgiving multi-hit-kill system.

This seems like a good middle ground on the issue since the server could determine which system to use and more people could enjoy this great Mod however they choose.

I really enjoyed the changes you implemeted in your ForceMod v1.0 Beta and look forward to the upcoming version. I hope you consider this suggestion as a possibilty.

Thanks!

Smood
04-02-2003, 08:45 PM
PLEASE. Any real player will know instant kill is the true way. Not meaning a nick of the saber would kill, but a clean slice should always kill, and dismember.

g_saberdamagescale 4

FORGET MULTI-HIT system
OUT WITH changes for the game, IN WITH MOVIE REALISM!

razorace
04-02-2003, 09:08 PM
How is killing on an arm nick "realistic"?

Smood
04-03-2003, 06:12 PM
'Not meaning a nick of the saber would kill'

Obviously you read that wrong.

Wudan
04-03-2003, 06:17 PM
I thought server admins already had saber damage scaling capability? Maybe I don't notice because Jedi's can't touch me :)

razorace
04-03-2003, 11:58 PM
yep, something like g_saberdamagescale or something...

Smood
04-04-2003, 11:10 AM
The point is admins do not excercise this capability and many do not know about it. If we default to it, all can enjoy it.

I can't believe skilled designers do not know enough to make the saber lethal, and remove sparks and other non-movie projectiles! Thank god for phunk.

razorace
04-04-2003, 03:46 PM
Maybe it's because we're too busy working on more important features than removing sparks. It really doesn't bother me. :P It's only a small code change anyway.

I've already done lethal sabers by default in MotF. It's the poor hit detection that messes things up. I'm currently working on that.

RenegadeOfPhunk
04-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Smood,

While you know I agree with those ideas, please don't raz on other modders man, especially not involving my name.
I know that could sound a bit two-faced, since I can get over-excited about a topic too sometimes, but I have apologised for the times I have...

These are talented guys who know their stuff. If they choose to do or not do something, that's totally up to them.

And Razor's absolutely right. Getting rid of the spark effects was trivial. So trying to incinuate it's hard to do only makes me look bad! lol

Please, let's keep things civil...

And let's get back to discussing Azymn's fine mod :)

razorace
04-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Phunk's right. Sorry about the outbrust, I just tire listening to people whine about stuff when we're all doing this for free and putting a lot of work into it.

RenegadeOfPhunk
04-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Totally agree Razor.

It's Ok to voice your opinion and disagree with a modder - even strongly disagree. In fact I welcome negative feedback just as much as positive. The negative feedback is actually far more helpful - although the positive stuff is, of course, more pleasing!

But a minimum amount of respect is required for people who are working hard to bring new stuff to your eagerly awaiting hands - free of charge no less... ;)

Wudan
04-04-2003, 05:52 PM
Yeah, it's to the point where I can count active coders on one hand ... almost.

It's sad that the few of us can't get along.

It's all good, right, brothers and sisters?

RenegadeOfPhunk
04-04-2003, 06:00 PM
lol - I feel a group hug coming on! Yeah baby! :D

OK, back to ForceMod...

In short, it rocks :)
And like Razor says, stop hasseling poor Azymnn! Or try showering him with gifts...! ;)

razorace
04-04-2003, 06:03 PM
DID YOU JUST TOUCH MY BUTT?!??!

Seriously, bribes DO work. :)

RenegadeOfPhunk
04-04-2003, 06:18 PM
Hey man, just sharing the love ;)

*Damn, he doesn't keep the advanced saber collision code in his back pocket...!
Hmmm, I think checking the front pockets is probably going too far!*

Anyway, were gonna get accused of thread hijacking again.

...shall we get a private room? :D

/me hopes I know how far to draw out a joke...!

razorace
04-04-2003, 06:30 PM
no!

Sides, the ghoul2 blade collision isn't 100% yet. I'm getting body passthru when it shouldn't be happening.

wedge2211
04-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Heyyyy, I have a random forcemod question. You advertise dual pistols...If I have two pistols, do they fire independantly, and can I "fire-link" them? In other words, can I alternate firing them, and in effect get one blaster that fires twice as fast, or can I fire both simultaneously, and get the effect of one blaster that does double damage, or do they just act like a single Bryar?

Smood
04-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Razor you have grosely misinterpreted me, and it seems renegade has followed this misinterpretation!!!

When I said skilled designers, I'm talking about the makers of JEDIKNIGHT! I'am talking about RAVEN, and ACTIVISION!

I'AM NOT talking about the modders of the community. The modders are completely different, and are not a part of my argument whatsoever!

Anyhow awaiting mod azymn.

Smood
04-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by wedge2211
Heyyyy, I have a random forcemod question. You advertise dual pistols...If I have two pistols, do they fire independantly, and can I "fire-link" them? In other words, can I alternate firing them, and in effect get one blaster that fires twice as fast, or can I fire both simultaneously, and get the effect of one blaster that does double damage, or do they just act like a single Bryar?

I was told that the blasters Alternate in fire by a reliable source. This is of course extremely desireable! Think of jango in ep2!!!

wedge2211
04-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Alternate is good...but then, firing two fully charged Bryars at once...that's a quick kill! THere should be a command that players can bind to a key, which switches firing modes. Think of the X-Wing series, sometimes you do want fire-linked shots if you need to deliver power immediately.

Smood
04-05-2003, 02:48 AM
Switching modes would be great, but if only 1 had to be chose, it should be the alternating. Lets face it, dual blasters is all about style, and all about jango.

Alternation is the best way to use dual weapons of any type... I refer you to MATRIX LOBBY SCENE! It would've have been half as good as it was if neo DID NOT alternate each gun. Its pure style, and is amazing.

RenegadeOfPhunk
04-05-2003, 06:15 AM
Smood,

S**t man, sorry I took your comment the wrong way!
Gotta say, you had us ALL fooled! But you can see why we would have thought that's what you were saying - right?

But again, apoligies.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try and invent a new form of written communication where misunderstanding isn't possible ... lol :)

Azymn
04-05-2003, 04:46 PM
Update:
I've gotten many bugs fixed and only a handful remain. I have very little time, as my last projects for school are due and i have finals coming up too. I'm trying to get it out a.s.a.p. :)

btw - The dual guns primary fire is alternating, and the secondary fire (charge-up) is simultaneous.

Smood
04-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Wow, really? Well I can't believe your doing all this work if you have school work like that. That is extremely generous of you. Thank you very much for your time, it will undoubtedly enhance my time.

Shotokan
04-08-2003, 05:26 AM
dang that'd be awesome!

Shotokan
04-08-2003, 05:26 AM
hehe that alternating idea is pretty kool too... i cant wait to try it out

000nate
04-08-2003, 06:10 PM
The sooner the better Azymn...Great work so far....:D

Izzy
04-09-2003, 09:33 AM
This is going 2 be totally awesome, and I, like many, eagerly awaiting the release. I would just like to report i bug in the beta version.
When you are changing saber stances, you have to actually stop swinging, for the hud and your stance to cycle through (sorry if you are aware of this already).
This is an awesome mod, and I always look at the official site admiring the work.
Thnx billions Azymn.
I simply cant wait!:(

Smood
04-09-2003, 08:54 PM

boinga1
04-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Izzy
When you are changing saber stances, you have to actually stop swinging, for the hud and your stance to cycle through (sorry if you are aware of this already).

This is in version 1...how is it a bug, exactly?

razorace
04-09-2003, 11:16 PM
That's an issue in the normal jk2 game.

Shotokan
04-09-2003, 11:38 PM
really? strange that i have not noticed...

Azymn
04-10-2003, 02:16 AM

If you set f_sabercyclequeue to "0" you can turn that off.

The mod is on hold until at least next Tuesday as i have two big projects due before then. But as of right now there are only a few things left to tweak.

Izzy
04-10-2003, 03:50 AM
Thnx! I'll do that.
Sorry if it's not classified as a bug, I just found it extremely annoying, thats all.;)
Cant wait till next tuesday Azymn!

rut-wa jodar
04-10-2003, 04:25 AM
Thnx! I'll do that.
Sorry if it's not classified as a bug, I just found it extremely annoying, thats all.;)
Cant wait till next tuesday Azymn!

I hope i`m wrong but I think Azymn didn`t mean that the next Beta will be ready next tuesday. It sounds like he is saying he will be returning to it on tuesday.

Izzy
04-10-2003, 12:07 PM
Either way, the release of Force Mod 2 will draw closer...I don't care, I just can't wait!

Izzy
Either way, the release of Force Mod 2 will draw closer...I don't care, I just can't wait!

Izzy

Izzy

Izzy
04-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Oooops!
Really sorry about that quadruple post (is that some kind of record?), my internet was very, very, slow, and I didn't think it was loading...anyway really sorry everyone.:( :eek: :rolleyes: I'm very humilated!!!

Smood
04-11-2003, 04:46 PM
pft...

Shotokan
04-12-2003, 03:12 PM
lol.... n e way do u knoe wen your dual pistols mod thing is gonna be out?

rut-wa jodar
04-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Hey Azymn !!

I have read that you have joined the AOTC-TC Team. CONGRATULATIONS :D
I am sure your modding experience will greatly benefit that mod.

-=DarkZero=-
04-14-2003, 05:53 PM
HOLY CRAP!
I LITERALY FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR LAYING THERE STAIRING AT THE SCREEN! dual pistols,cloaking.....OMG
GAGAGAGA
can't wait till it comes out :D
omg omg omg omg exalent work man hurry up >.>
Sorry,just extremely anxious now!

boinga1
04-14-2003, 08:31 PM
Oooops!
Really sorry about that quadruple post (is that some kind of record?), my internet was very, very, slow, and I didn't think it was loading...anyway really sorry everyone.:( :eek: :rolleyes: I'm very humilated!!!

not a record, most i've seen is 8....you know, you can deleate your own posts using the "edit" function.

Izzy
04-16-2003, 01:02 AM
8!?! Wow, I guess Im just small time then. Ill c about deleting...

Smood
04-16-2003, 09:59 PM
I guess Im just small time then.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H AHAHAH

that was good...

ha ha hhehaaaaaaaa

Izzy
04-17-2003, 02:03 AM
Are you okay Smood?

Smood
04-18-2003, 03:24 AM
I'am fine. Hey look at my dual blasters!!! Oh wait, Azymn didn't release force mod yet, so I dont have any :)

:) :)

bliv
04-18-2003, 05:39 AM
Shoots Smood with dual blasters.

Unfortunately for you. I have the prototypes :p

Izzy
04-18-2003, 07:53 AM
Unlucky Smood. :D

Anyway, Azymn, I really love Force Mod Beta, and can't wait for Force Mod 2. Though something is really getting to me. I really love the beta version, but the Green and Purple stances are really getting to me. I mean, I never use them, and it is such a hassel having to switch through them to get from red to blue. I love all the other functions of the mod (scaled models, and timescale ;)), but can I extract the extra stances, because I find them irratating.

Thanks

Crowy
04-18-2003, 10:41 AM
lemme jus say WOW!!!

Noxrepere
04-18-2003, 02:48 PM
I have a little suggestion that doesn't really affect game play but is more cosmetic. With the Green and Purple stances would it be possible to have them stay on the default idle animation stance for when you turn the saber on. It looks kind of silly to me when someone is standing still and their legs are bent and one saber is sticking into the ground. Unless their is some important reason for this that I am unaware of, it would be nice to just have the Jedi stand still to turn the saber on in these stances. It's not a big deal but just something that has kind of bothered me.

Shotokan
04-23-2003, 05:51 AM
Are the dual pistols thing out yet? Maybe even a beta of it? It sounds so sweet I can barely retain myself.

rut-wa jodar
04-23-2003, 07:24 AM
I would really appreciate an update on how the mod coming along :thumbsup:

Smood
04-23-2003, 07:29 PM
I second that. All I really want is the dual blasters, not much else, and the alternation in firing.

The bounty hunter features are extras.

Crowy
04-23-2003, 10:08 PM
or perhaps we could wait like little mice for the mod to come out :D

but honestly, i dont see that happening

bliv
04-24-2003, 02:08 PM
There is a beta. It's just not public.

Emon
04-24-2003, 03:45 PM
I don't really want to read through that many pages, so this may have been said already:

-The flame effect's growth for the fire sprite should be set to exponential, or non-linear. Flamethrowers start out as a narrow stream then blow up real huge.

-You should apply basic physics with a very small bounce factor to the fire sprites, if you haven't already. Fire shouldn't just hit the wall and stop, it should "reflect" off it. You'll probably have to edit the EFX file with a text editor to get the bounce level under 1.0.

Azymn
04-24-2003, 09:43 PM
I just got to work on the mod for a few hours last night (finals are over :) ).

Here's just a few things coming up in the next beta:

- Brand new mercbot system using a cfg file. This means you can start the game and it'll load appropriate bots as mercs without you having to change a single file. And when you want to choose who is and who isn't a merc, it's all in one file.

- 7 different lightsaber blades to choose from, each loosely based on an Episode, with Episode 0 being an ancient sith blade (Exar Cun's).

- Two new merc classes: HotShot and Trooper.

And more to come....

Izzy - You will be able to turn off the new stances while using a single bladed saber in the final release.

7th Jedi - i don't like the Purple default either, it will be changed.

Emon - The Flamethrower has FX similar to what you have described; i stuck with linear growth b/c it creates a good effect while addressing the actual area covered by the weapon.

Smood
04-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Azymn I hope your not too focused on adding more and more features. I think a refined version of what you have will achieve the greatest (positive) community response.

razorace
04-25-2003, 12:12 AM
Translation: "gimme! gimme!"

Smood
04-25-2003, 02:43 AM
Precisely.

rut-wa jodar
05-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Any chance you can give us an update on the progress of beta 3??

Thanx :D

BTW !

will you be setting up a server to test the beta 3 version of forcemod 2 ?

Azymn
05-02-2003, 05:40 AM
...is a bigger update than i had imagined.

I've tried to nail down every last bug that's been reported before i ship it.

There's only 2 left.

But i'm going out of town this weekend, so i'm not sure when it will be ready. :S

Izzy
05-02-2003, 05:56 AM
Oh yes, I cannot wait!

Shotokan
05-03-2003, 07:09 AM
Nooo!!!!!! Must have this mod!!!

Master_Payne
05-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Its finally coming for public? thats great I've waited a while, a little more won't kill me :D
be sure to send it to jk2files.com cause jediknightii is long time dead.

Smood
05-07-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Master_Payne
Its finally coming for public? thats great I've waited a while, a little more won't kill me :D
be sure to send it to jk2files.com cause jediknightii is long time dead.

What?!

Shotokan
05-07-2003, 06:19 AM
IT IS?????? Don't mess with my mind man.. I don't like to get fooled.. I hope it's true though...

Crowy
05-07-2003, 07:05 AM
if it is up where? if it isnt up... hows it going?
im ripe with anticipation :D :D :D

Wudan
05-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Crowy, despite the despicable misspelling in your signature, I think Azymn and I share a common background, to which we can both only respond to your signature with a huge grin.

Good work Azymn, I can't wait, I know you've been busier than ... something really busy ...

TTYL.

RenegadeOfPhunk
05-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Moremans! lol

I'm not active and I don't believe in it or anything, but I was born LDS, and I know their a fine, decent bunch...
So I stand in solidarity with my brothers! :D

*preparing myself for the shock wave which will result when this mod gets released*

Wudan
05-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Laugh out Freakin Loud.

I'm in the same boat, RoP, that's freakin funny.

...waits for Azymn comments...

Pretty freaking funny, considering the total number of coders in JK2 altogether.

I mean, in per capita terms, it's really astonishing ...

Azymn
05-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Crowy - those crazy mormons are everywhere! You know that guy Darth Syrup? He's one of them!

Wudan, Renegade - Hehe, am I the only one who's still active? :D

On the beta - It hasn't been released yet, but it is decidedly close. I intend to send a final beta out to be tested within two weeks. Pretty much the only thing left to do is the grapple, which is a piece of work if you know what needs to go into it. :S

Wudan - it is incredible really...i wonder if there's a way to find out how many othres there are hangin out here without posting a poll: "Hey r u a l33t m0r3m4n?"

Wudan
05-07-2003, 04:24 PM
To say the least, it's an interesting statistic to add to the 'who's who of JK2'

RenegadeOfPhunk
05-07-2003, 04:29 PM
lol - this certainly does seem like a crazy co-incidence. :eek:

Azymn, guess you are the only active one! Don't let me and Wudan lead you astray though.
...don't be tempted by the DARK SIDE!!!

Wudan, I was going to say something when I noticed your Salt Lake location, but I figured a lot of Salt Lake'rs are probably tired of having that brought up all the time...!

Shotokan
05-09-2003, 07:01 AM
When are you gonna be finished with this huh? Well no rush or anything cause this needs to be perfect. Man I looked at the screenshots again and it just wet my appetite again too... Can't wait!

rut-wa jodar
05-09-2003, 08:47 AM
On the beta - It hasn't been released yet, but it is decidedly close. I intend to send a final beta out to be tested within two weeks. Pretty much the only thing left to do is the grapple, which is a piece of work if you know what needs to go into it. :S

That`s Gr8 news Azymn ! Thanx for the update :D

rut-wa jodar
05-14-2003, 05:06 PM
ForceMod 2.0 beta 3 is just a matter of days away from completion YIPPIE !!!!:thumbs1: :ltblubou: :blubounc: :urpboun: :redbounc: :yelbounc:

razorace
05-15-2003, 12:19 AM
I'm not a morman but I play one on TV. :D

Azymn
05-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Where have i heard that before...?

BTW - The final beta is out as of 5 minutes ago. I hope to hear from the testers by later today (there's almost 60 of them, so i'm sure at least one will check their email by then :) ).

lonepadawan
05-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Great. Now all we have to do is wait for the "priveliged few" to finish testing. *prepares for the 5 month wait*

Izzy
05-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up!:D

rut-wa jodar
05-17-2003, 11:05 AM
I am beta testing at the moment and I can tell you that the bugs I have come across are few. I can`t see them holding up the final relaease for too long. Believe me it`s gonna be well worth the wait

Azymn
05-17-2003, 09:11 PM
I will release the most up-to-date version within 3 weeks to the general public.

You've all waited long enough. :)

Shotokan
05-18-2003, 04:27 AM
YES!!! Finally!

Izzy
05-18-2003, 08:19 AM
w00t!

Anakin
05-18-2003, 07:14 PM
Great News :)

Plus a new site too

http://forcemod.aotctc.com

Anakin

Smood
05-20-2003, 02:45 AM
... enter the matrix, Half Life 2, Doom III.

lonepadawan
06-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Downloading the mod now..

Shotokan
06-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Kinda lags your game though... I've played it with only me and a bot and it lags like crazy...

Shotokan
06-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Kind of lags your game though... I've played it with myself and a bot and it still lags like crazy.

neo262
06-10-2003, 06:18 PM
Same thing happened to me, but I still think it is the sweetest MOD ever! ;)

Anakin
06-10-2003, 08:50 PM
We are also offering support on the forums at

www.aotctc.com/forums

Anakin

DarkLord60
06-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Anakin I think they know we exsist

superracer0022
06-10-2003, 10:23 PM
i like the mod but it seems like the jetpacks are a bit off (not sure if you can fix this) it seems like the flames are kind of low. also, i missed the noise of the jetpacks when you first take off.

i think if this mod were combined with movie battles mod, it would be awesome. features like the missile in the jetpack are just cool with all of the configurability available here. just a thought.

neo262
06-11-2003, 01:50 AM
I wanna see some progress! You said you would be uploading a plethora of pics in an update about a month or two ago, and all we see is FIVE PICS!! They've been there for ages already! I am tired of looking at them. Your MOD would get a lot more attention, but so far, I don't know if you are making any progress at all. ForceMod II rawks, though. :)

lonepadawan
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Erm...you do realise the mods been released yes?

superracer0022
06-11-2003, 10:08 PM
i think he is referring to the AOTC:TC mod

lonepadawan
06-12-2003, 02:54 PM
and this is being discussed in a FORCEMOD thread because?

superracer0022
06-12-2003, 06:33 PM
because force mod is like a part of the AOTC:TC and they said they were offering support in thier forum and neo said he wanted to see progress on their part of the mod

neo262
06-12-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by superracer0022
because force mod is like a part of the AOTC:TC and they said they were offering support in thier forum and neo said he wanted to see progress on their part of the mod
Precisely.

Anakin
06-13-2003, 10:22 AM
You have a valid point, but you must understand that we are concentrating on getting the work done to give you the files instead of Beta shots.

Sam
06-13-2003, 02:00 PM
Hey Azymn I was just wondering if you are going to make a force mod 2.1 if you are will you please take out that stupid bubble thing. It has ruined the mod for me. everyone runs around with it on and you cant kill them if your a merc.I dont see the purpose of it exept to let noobs get kills.

*edit*

Never mind I found an easy way to kill them.

razorace
06-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Anakin
You have a valid point, but you must understand that we are concentrating on getting the work done to give you the files instead of Beta shots.
That's what 3D Realms (The Duke Nukem Forever dudes) claims too.... It doesn't take long to makes SOME shots.

Wudan
06-14-2003, 03:50 PM
It does if you aren't doing much, but insist on telling the public that you are :)

razorace
06-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Ouch! Burning your own team AND Duke Nukem Forever at the same time!

Wudan
06-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Well, the best thing I can do for myself and the community is focus on the Gla Neo project.

I found myself not having enough time to do everything I needed to do, and it became readily apparent that I would definitely not be able to finish AotC:TC on my own, or with the handful of staffers who still actively contribute.

I wanted to be able to share my work with a number of mods, namely ForceMod 2.0, but there are several mods who could use the Neo tool.

Primarily, as I've mentioned, I can set my own schedule, and take it entirely in the direction I choose for it.

razorace
06-14-2003, 08:56 PM
I see. So does that mean you are no longer working on the AOTCTC then? And if so, doesn't that basically assure its death since you are the primary worker on the project?

Anakin
06-15-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by razorace
I see. So does that mean you are no longer working on the AOTCTC then? And if so, doesn't that basically assure its death since you are the primary worker on the project?

Wudan is not the heart and soul of the team, he is like the rest of us, together to complete it. I think that it is a little unfair for you to say that Razor.

Wudan
06-15-2003, 02:00 PM
razor just likes to stir up trouble :)

UDM
06-17-2003, 01:52 AM
*steps out of this heated argument*

On the sidenote, I'd just like to thank Azymn for such a near-perfect mod, although the only thing I didn't like was the dual-bladed saber. Similarly to Jedi/Omnimod, the bottom saber always seems to cut through yourself

lonepadawan
06-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Yes. This mod is just about perfect. Words cannot describe it. Everything seems to be much smoother as well. Some features not really mentioned much I like..

the cvar that allows a cut to the leg to knock you over.

increasing the saber split cvar so that a double saber splits into two sabers or 1 saber

Archonon
06-24-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks so much for Forcemod 2 Azymn, I was left speechless with what you accomplished. The mod is nearly flawless.

The only real problem I noticed, and I realize this was mentioned before, was there was severe clipping when using the double bladed saber. I don't recall those problems when using the saberstaff in Forcemod 1 but that's the only issue I found a bit off. Everything else is perfect.

Thanks and excellent job!

<JOTD>Jedi Hunter
07-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by AJL
More force stuff for jedis and siths ?? hmm... not sure if
thats good idea...:rolleyes:

Try "Dark Jedi". Not Sith. I'm just plain sick of the overuse of the word sith. And I know this has nothing to do with this thread. But christ man, that really erks me.