PDA

View Full Version : Kicks from Killin'

Luc Solar
02-18-2003, 04:47 AM
Dunno if this should be in the Swamp, but what the hey...

What kind of kill gives you most kicks?
Mind tricking and sneaking behind someone & rocketing them? DFA's? Pushing ppl down the void? Lightning?

Personally I get my kicks out of long range Bryar kills. :) Especially killing a hiding sniper from across the map with one clean bryar shot...aaah... he never even knew what hit him! :D

Detpacks are cool too. Putting a few of them on a medpack spawn-point (or whatever) and then using seeing to spot the unsuspecting poor soon-to-be-blown-to-pieces-Jedi from a safe distance and....BOOM BABY!! BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!

*insane laughter*

Bilbo Skywalker
02-18-2003, 06:22 AM
i love sniping people when they are in mid-air thats definately the most satisfying for me. Or using the reflective shot on the bowcaster to kill someone i cant see, like if they are around a corner etc.

:thumbsup:

DeTRiTiC-iQ
02-18-2003, 10:51 AM
mid-air flechette or long-distance flechette

TK_Nutritious
02-18-2003, 11:00 AM
anything midair ;)

griff38
02-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Quality over Quanity for me. I like the astetic kill.

But I agree with you both, 1 of my favs these days is clicking in on a sniper as he is clicking in on you. Especially if you have sightx3 and he doesn't.

Midairs, reflects and super long range homie rockets
are very satisfying to.

Jeff 42
02-18-2003, 11:46 AM
The most fun weapons to kill people with are usually the Bryar and the Tenloss. It's always satisfying to take out a moving target with one of these weapons, especially a midair target. I like hopping around, charging up my shots midair and shooting people. I'm getting pretty decent at this but some people are just unbelievably good (like Nutritious up there). Another fun tactic with the Tenloss is what I like to call baiting saber noobs. I zoom in and stand still as a saberist approaches. If he's dumb enough to come straight toward me and begin a swing then I release my shot, then step back and laugh as he disintegrates mid-swing.

Also, I get a big "kick" out of side-kicking people off of ledges to their doom. :D

Spider AL
02-18-2003, 12:13 PM
The type of kills I used to enjoy the most... hmm, dispatching my fellow gunners by leaping out on them and whacking my sabre through their heads. Probably because the circumstances in which I'd allow myself to attempt such a kill were rare.

SkinWalker
02-18-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by griff38
Quality over Quanity for me. I like the astetic kill.

But I agree with you both, 1 of my favs these days is clicking in on a sniper as he is clicking in on you. Especially if you have sightx3 and he doesn't.

I noticed the other day! :D

We should get together and operate as pair one day... I could watch your back as you snipe... it's better than having you look down a scope at my back!

SkinWalker

SkinWalker
02-18-2003, 12:58 PM
My absolute FAVORITE kill is with the stun baton! I haven't done this in quite a while, but I used to go onto full force / weapons servers without saber and use ONLY the stun baton...

When you get a kill, its a riot!

Skin

ksk h2o
02-18-2003, 01:01 PM
I personally prefer kicking people to death as they curse and yell and bitch at me.

When in promod, I really like to grip-stun them before slashing them down. Or for gunners, I like to make their rockets explode right into their faces with my lightning.... :D

griff38
02-18-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by SkinWalker
I noticed the other day! :D

We should get together and operate as pair one day... I could watch your back as you snipe... it's better than having you look down a scope at my back!

SkinWalker

Sounds like fun, I had alot of fun that day we played. I recorded some funny stuff. Remember the Guy (Chronos) was about to grip drop you in the hole in the Hideout map? I thought, "hey SkinWalker is a LucasForum member. LET MY PEOPLE GO!!" So I kick killed him while he was grippin ya.

Got a nice snipe on you too :)

griff38
02-18-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ksk h2o
I personally prefer kicking people to death as they curse and yell and bitch at me.

:D

HAHA, My man!

Unnamed Jed1
02-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Going onto Vulcans Admin Mod servers that are set to ffa_bespin and kicking/gripping/shoving people off the "duel pad".

That and killing people while they do those stupid emote animations.

DC | Dark Luke
02-18-2003, 04:58 PM
HAHA...i`m such a noob....

my and my friends do not play as often as you guys, so our techniques are really basic.

I win most of the times (saber only), the only thing i have to do is tos force-push them against a wall, and when they are down, give my back to them and stab with fast stance....simple but efficient against noob players (more noob than me:D ).

Most of my kills are like that.....i never kill somebody with a kick....is that effective at all??:confused:

SAlu2

Reborn Outcast
02-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Well I did this yesterday... getting 100 kills to win the game with a Bryar!!! :D That was sooo fun.

I also like mid-air snipershots (either they're in the air or I am and I snipe em on the ground as I'm comin down :D )

Another would be detpacking people... I like to run out and get someone to chase me then run around a corner and when they come around... BOOM... :D

The best would have to be sniping someone as they fall off a walkway in the Narshadda Levels. :D

(Notice the intense bragging... you may now shoot me. :D )

I'm known as IgUeSsImLaGgIn on MP so if anyone wants to play with a LF member, search for me. :D

Jeff 42
02-18-2003, 07:31 PM
Reborn Outcast, I'm pretty sure it was you who I got one of my most enjoyable kills ever on last night. You came up the elevator on Warring Factions that goes up to the sniper platform. I was standing right by the elevator and you attacked me with some explosive weapon that sent me flying up and backwards. I immediately zoomed in with my Tenloss and as I was falling sniped and killed you. Then I landed safely on the walkway below. It was awesome. :D

Reborn Outcast
02-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Jeff 42
Reborn Outcast, I'm pretty sure it was you who I got one of my most enjoyable kills ever on last night. You came up the elevator on Warring Factions that goes up to the sniper platform. I was standing right by the elevator and you attacked me with some explosive weapon that sent me flying up and backwards. I immediately zoomed in with my Tenloss and as I was falling sniped and killed you. Then I landed safely on the walkway below. It was awesome. :D

Is that you Jeff?! Woah man I didn't know you came here lol. Yea that was me. :o :D I smacked you with a explosive and as you fell you sniped me and i died lol. I though I had you and I was waitin for the kill but you never died. :D Nice kill lol!!! I havn't been playin on that server much because I've been tryin to gain some experience and then come in and own you guys. :D I think I'm doin better lol I got 100 kills in 20 min on the Cardassia Server a couple a days ago. :D

I wouldn't mind takin on one of the Oe guys 1-on-1 now. :D I've become pretty good snipin people and usin the Bryar i've become wicked good lol. Just don't tell Screamin lol. He absolutely owned me with the sniper on the Yavin level haha. (I got him a couple a times though lol)

Sam
02-18-2003, 08:22 PM
Winning duels are the best for me.

acdcfanbill
02-19-2003, 02:59 AM
duelist here also :D

ksk h2o
02-19-2003, 04:13 AM
http://web.mit.edu/tetazoo/www/img/calvin/kick.gif

Jeff 42
02-19-2003, 06:32 PM
Earlier today I pulled off one of the coolest ways to kill people there is, for just the second time ever in all my time playing JO: getting three kills with a single sniper shot. :D

Mr Wolf
02-19-2003, 07:50 PM
I like baiting people for a DFA then when they do it, sidestep and backslash them.

I hate DFA!

I got 2 kills with one tenloss shot the other week. I was shooting at one guy, then he gripped another guy and held him up as a shield. My next shot went through both of them :D

yolkboy
02-20-2003, 12:07 AM
Any midair shot definetly makes my day. I usually like the Bryar and Tenloss for those though. Today I was playin CTF on Yavin and used the Bryar to kill one of the opponents on our flag stand. He was coming around the side passages headed for our flag and I was at the Main entrance of my base. Just as he picked up the flag, BAM! my bolt hit him and he dropped dead! :D I wish I had recorded that shot.... Oh well, next time. Anyways, sniping in general is great. Watching the body disintergrate into nothing never gets old. One thing that gives me a kick is pushing rockets or secondary repeater fire back at the shooter and killing them. You should see the look on their faces! :eek:

Hekx
02-20-2003, 07:02 AM
I like having Mind trick on level 3, then walking up to lamers and kicking them a few times, then finishing off with my sabre. :D

It's funny when they don't know what's going on, and they're too stupid to use Seeing.

Khier
02-20-2003, 11:02 PM
I think my most satisfying kills would be beating up and efficiently sabering a lamer in a duel, especially when prior to the duel the lamer says stuff like "you bring ur @ss and I'll bring the whoopin" lol

Aoshi
02-21-2003, 04:21 AM
i dunno i thoroughly enjoy detpacking the upper level players. i love it when there are 2 dets on the flagstand and the capper just isnt paying attention and i get him right when he picks up the flag, cause you know that in that split second he realizes what the little red flashy things are and then knows what's gonna happen next. other than that i love mindtricking flagcarriers and sneaking up on them and rocketing them or whatever then saying "surprise" that one always gets me smiling :D

Paradox1
02-22-2003, 04:42 PM
I love it when someone does DFA on you, then you run behind and cut their arm off. Thats sweet. Serves them right for using stupid dfa......

Hekx
02-22-2003, 05:29 PM
It's funny mind-tricking people, then kicking them to death. :D

It's even funnier when you have an invisible name, or someone elses name so they get the blame because they're too stupid to read the console. :)

Reborn Outcast
02-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Hkx Nx
It's funny when they don't know what's going on, and they're too stupid to use Seeing.

I don't use seeing lol.

Oh I remembered another one. On the FFA Nar Shadda level, up a the very top, I love taking detpacks and then get people to follow me around a corner where i've laid one. :D So fun to see em fly off. :D

And Jeff I got 2 the other day. :D

Oh one more. Someone uses mind trick and you follow the glow around on the ground and snipe em. :D Thats fun.

Lunatic Jedi
02-23-2003, 08:32 AM
If he's dumb enough to come straight toward me and begin a swing then I release my shot, then step back and laugh as he disintegrates mid-swing.

I once disintegrated a guy in the middle of a DFA. He wasn't coming at me though. It was team CTF in Nar Shadaa. I saw him about to DFA my teammate, so I blasted him, and he just dissappeared right in front of the guy. The guy looked around and saw me eventually. We all had a good laugh about that one... except the guy I killed... he left shortly afterwards... sore loser...

Reborn Outcast
02-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Another fun tactic with the Tenloss is what I like to call baiting saber noobs. I zoom in and stand still as a saberist approaches. If he's dumb enough to come straight toward me and begin a swing then I release my shot, then step back and laugh as he disintegrates mid-swing.

Woah Jeff I do that to!!! Except I back into a corner so it looks like theres no way for me to escape, that makes it even more fun. :D

DeTRiTiC-iQ
02-23-2003, 11:08 AM
its practically the only thing I do...

the rest of the game is just so darned boring, the only fun thing remaining is killing saberists in humiliating ways.l

You won't believe the amount of people who join a server, get killed by the bryar about twice and instantly leave...

On the other hand, another nice kill (that's actually practical), is to severely weaken an enemy with a rocket shot or 2, then finish them off with the stun baton... people tend to leave after that to...

man... i'm sick of servers emptying just because I use the bryar :(

only last week I got kickvoted for a crappy 8 kills in 2 minutes :(

ksk h2o
02-23-2003, 01:52 PM
there seems to be a steep increase in the number of bad servers while the good ones seem to dissapear. I tend to get kicked off servers a LOT more now, and I usually don't go out of my way to piss people off... untill they ask for it.

but it seems people allways vote yes to kickvotes now, even ones you haven't even played with.

just yesterday, logged into a server, a guy started hacking at me in blue stance while I was in console. Came back in game and grip kicked him to death in 3.1 seconds, went back into console.

got kickvoted before doing anything else.

Emon
02-23-2003, 04:04 PM
It's very satisfying to kill some smart ass saberist who thinks he's got you fooled by using Mind Trick, kill him without using Seeing. Listen to his footsteps, etc.

_SA_Shinzon_
02-24-2003, 11:18 AM
I'd have to say that my favorite kill has to be force gripping someone and either dropping them, or pushing them down into a kill-zone, IE the pit that Emperor Palpatine got thrown down in ROTJ.

Aside from that, the other has to be a kill with a DFA... I mean, it's just cool to look at...

irishpump
02-24-2003, 02:07 PM
lol pushing people off a ledge hehehe

Reborn Outcast
02-24-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by irishpump
lol pushing people off a ledge hehehe

Which requires no skill or practice. :D ;)

irishpump
02-24-2003, 03:30 PM
IM sorry i guess i thought this was just a game? You seem bitter that my fav way to kill someone was to push them off. Wow...so video games and skill...i never thought i would hear those two words put together lol :D

DeTRiTiC-iQ
02-24-2003, 05:40 PM
which indicates you know nothing about video games. I can't stand kills gained using pull/push. If I get a kill from knocking someone off an edge, i want it to be earnt. ie a well-timed thermal detonator into the path of a speed-rager.

irishpump
02-24-2003, 07:47 PM
No no no video games are about having fun and a good passtime. When i went to buy the first Jedi knight, and the second i said to myself, "Gee this looks fun i must buy this now." Too many players have this attitude that you have to be a cyber-athlete in order to play a game, which simply isn't so. The point isn't to slave over your puter. Its just silly to get all mad or lash out at someone who enjoys pushing someone off a ledge. So when it happens, (and it will) push your glasses back up toward your nose, make your little sniffle, and type in your "wtf" or "omg." I apologize that i don't have this supposed button mashing "skill" as you put it. I guess some of us just dont feel the need to slobber all over our keyboard for 8 hours a day.

Spider AL
02-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:

which indicates you know nothing about video games. I can't stand kills gained using pull/push. If I get a kill from knocking someone off an edge, i want it to be earnt. ie a well-timed thermal detonator into the path of a speed-rager.

This statement seems to mean that you incorrectly assume that those two powers cannot be used with skill. All things can be used with skill, be they Force push, a Golan flechette or a Redeemer in UT. The fact that certain elements spam these things means nothing. Furthermore, a kill's a kill, and it doesn't matter whether you win by a point or a century. This is the whole of the law. ;)

irishpump
02-24-2003, 07:55 PM
THAAAANNNKKK YOUUUU !!! lol

dark jedi 8
02-24-2003, 09:26 PM
i cant get enough of pushing multiple stormies off a very very high ledge:) or force choking them on level 3 and moving them over a ledge and releasing them. the best!:)

master_thomas
02-24-2003, 09:31 PM
I think that push and pull do require skill. They have multiple functions based on how you use them. From easing you towards victory in a saber lock to pulling the merr sonn from out of the hands of someone who is trying to blow you off the catwalks of Nar Shaddar. However, anyone can throw someone to their doom. With grip level 3, you can hold them over a cliff and if you let go, they die. If you kill them with a gun or push them away, they die. I agree that they require skill and practice, but dropping them with grip is something that is too hard not to spam. The victim has no chance of survival after three seconds. If they just ran out of force pool, they're doomed. If you use a weapon, which takes multiple hits to kill, the other person on the other side has a chance.

With mindtrick kick, at least, which does seem slightly cheap, yet comical, you can use sight. After you get hit with no noise nearby, you know something is wrong, and if you don't do something to escape other than spinning in circles looking for the enemy, you deserve to die because, in third person view, you probably know what hit you and in first person view, you have something other than the lightsaber so facing the source of where you think the shot is is futile. If you don't have seeing, use drain, lightning, or just run away.

DeTRiTiC-iQ
02-24-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
This statement seems to mean that you incorrectly assume that those two powers cannot be used with skill. All things can be used with skill, be they Force push, a Golan flechette or a Redeemer in UT. The fact that certain elements spam these things means nothing. Furthermore, a kill's a kill, and it doesn't matter whether you win by a point or a century. This is the whole of the law. ;)

Of course I know that in some situations pull/push require skill. But the end result doesn't ever make me think "OMG WHAT AN AWESOME KILL, I HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN". Which I think is what the whole point of this thread is.

I don't consider it fun getting kills which do nothing but annoy the target. I enjoy kills which both myself and the person i've killed can appreciate the skill of, its a two-way process for me. This is the reason I play, not to just come out on top of the scoreboard yet again. I used to play to win, now I play to appreciate what i'm now able to do.

DeTRiTiC-iQ
02-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by irishpump
No no no video games are about having fun and a good passtime. When i went to buy the first Jedi knight, and the second i said to myself, "Gee this looks fun i must buy this now." Too many players have this attitude that you have to be a cyber-athlete in order to play a game, which simply isn't so. The point isn't to slave over your puter. Its just silly to get all mad or lash out at someone who enjoys pushing someone off a ledge. So when it happens, (and it will) push your glasses back up toward your nose, make your little sniffle, and type in your "wtf" or "omg." I apologize that i don't have this supposed button mashing "skill" as you put it. I guess some of us just dont feel the need to slobber all over our keyboard for 8 hours a day.

I just don't consider it fun to kill people in irritating ways. I have empathy towards other players, sue me.

"push your glasses", "make your little sniffle", "slobber all over our keyboard for 8 hours a day"? Wow, you've made narrow-minded person of the day. congratulations.

irishpump
02-24-2003, 09:49 PM
and youre not? You failed to see a game for an object of fun and pastime. You also failed to see that it had what you called "skill." You didnt see it until others jumped to defend it. Face it, it is a game. Play to have fun. And you brought the negetivety your way when you lashed out at me to begin with.

DeTRiTiC-iQ
02-24-2003, 10:01 PM
The entire basis of my posts are that I now only do what I consider to be fun, I ONLY PLAY TO HAVE FUN. I don't play competitively (anymore), I don't care if I lose (although I prefer to win), and I don't play anywhere near as much as I used to.

In response to Spider_AL I had mentioned that I can realize the situational skill of pull/push. But I also said that I don't get any fun out of it, I don't enjoy attacking people in ways which I don't like being attacked.

I lashed out at you initially because I objected to your comment about videogames and skill, nothing more. The first sentence in that paragraph, the rest of that post was directed at the thread in general, not you.

If you want to argue my reasons for playing games, fine, but from what i'm aware we both play games for fun, rather than religiously, but our approach is different.

master_thomas
02-24-2003, 10:03 PM
What makes you think that we spend life on this just because we want to give our fellow human being the chance to beat us and give ourselves a challenge instead of making them hate us for spamming a move any noob can do? What's the fun in killing people in an instant? Why do you think people post threads on combat tactics for JO? You might as well stand in a spawn point and "crush people into another dimension" and have them die just because they happened to come in on that spawn point. The only thought involved in gripping or pushing people off a ledge is standing in the right place and you can easily stand in a corner next to a ledge so you don't get pushed off and grip those off who pass by. Then, you don't move at all and can only be killed by a weapon. A saberist can be gripped and a gunner can be defended against. So you stand still and move the mouse and hit five buttons. Wow, fun.

Reborn Outcast
02-24-2003, 10:19 PM
Ok thanks Irish for misinterpreting my post an dstarting a flaming war!!! I don't know if you notive the HUGE grin and wink at the end of my post. They signify something...

Also, constantly spamming pull/push gets annoying to other players. The key to making it fun is KNOWING WHEN TO USE IT. I honestly fell no pleasure of hitting my key for push 50 times and see someone flying off a cliff. I DO HOWEVER enjoy being gripped and as I'm falling USING PULL TO PULL THE GUY OFF AFTER ME. That makes it worthwhile. Also, this game does require a certain amount of skill to master some elements such as the Tenloss. Anyone can fire it but it takes practice to kill someone while flying sideways in midair or jumping around insanly and still having the skill to aim, hold and fire while in midjump and killing people with the Tenloss.

And irish don't be straight minded about other good players being geeks with no life. Get real man.

irishpump
02-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Ok fair enough. But two things ive noticed in the last posts is that no where at anypoint does anyone mention that people are spamming push/pull. The thread is fav way to kill. If the opportunity is there i will take it. Nobody ever said someone stays in a spot trying to get kills. And your post with the smiley faces at the end makes it seem like sarcasm to me, and still does. All this talk about straight minded and narrow minded is getting strange when nearly no one has strayed away from it. For example, Outcast you just put the blame on me only. You said something negative about my post, so i said something negative then someone said something negative to me. Its a snowball effect.There is no ONE person to put any blame on. All i wanted to do was post what my fav. way to kill someone was. In other words share my thoughts on a subject. But it had to get ripped on by hardcore gamers. Of course im gonna respond.

As far as me throwing out a stereotype about "playing 8 hour," puter geek type stuff, that was wrong on my part. It was an obvious play of back talk back toward hardcore gamers that wanna rip on an occasional method of play. But it wasn't referring to good players. It was referring to the type of players who consider anything that kills them cheap. The types of players that scream out things like "wtf," "omg," "owned," etc., when they get defeated by an average player.

munik
02-25-2003, 02:02 AM
I like pushing people off ledges. The best is when I see someone jumping, like out of the corner of my eye, and I quickly turn and push. I like that.

I also like pushing someone who is gripping another and about to drop him. Two kills for one push. That's fun. And somewhat ironic for the gripper, which is why I like that one the best.

yolkboy
02-25-2003, 04:08 AM
Whew! Intense! :firehead Well, I think it takes skill to play this game well. There are some amazing FPS players out there. Why are they better than others? They have mad Skills :D. Aside from that, I know that JO is just a game and it is very important to have fun. :p I even take the time to say ns and laugh at myself for blowing myself up! :rolleyes: (I think I do more damage to myself that way. That's why I try to stick to my saber :saberb: ) A good pushed rocket does wonders though. You should see the looks on their face! :eek:

DeTRiTiC-iQ
02-25-2003, 11:06 AM
I used to like pushing people to their doom, that was about 9 months ago, within the games early days. But people do it so much that its lost all sense of accomplishment and "cool" factor. When I master air-shots with the repeater secondary, i'll find something else to try and get good at.

In laymens terms, I get a kick out of killing someone in a way that indicates my level of skill has increased.

Spider AL
02-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:

Of course I know that in some situations pull/push require skill. But the end result doesn't ever make me think "OMG WHAT AN AWESOME KILL, I HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN". Which I think is what the whole point of this thread is.That's all well and good, but to imply that pull/push kills are not "earnt", which you did in your original reply... well, that's just foolish. As for the "point" of the thread, the topic is concerning what sort of kills give one the most "kicks". Irish is well entitled to his love for pull/push. THAT's the point of this thread.

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast:

Ok thanks Irish for misinterpreting my post an dstarting a flaming war!!! Now now Reborn, Irish didn't start it by any means, and you'd be hard-pressed to prove that he misinterpreted your post. I wouldn't rely on grinning smilies to change the flavour of your posts in future, it's perfectly possible to write nothing but flames, and put smilies on the end of them. That doesn't make them less offensive. Anyway, now that he's apologized for the 'U R ALL NERDS!!!11' crack, bygones eh?