PDA

View Full Version : Grim Fandango Poster

QueZTone
02-20-2003, 06:11 PM
Hey all :)

Okay this is probably a really wanted item, at least for me. Now does anyone here have it?

Hmm, if anyone has it.... I think you'd do all of the members here a huge favor by scanning it as whole in highest quality possible. I've found this shop that prints big stuff for a reasonable price so that could be my way to having the GF poster on the wall. Yeah.

Please?

Thanks.

ps I heard there was an 'insert' with the Prima Guide? What was that exactly? What did it show?

Tall Guy
02-21-2003, 03:35 PM
I dont have the large scale official one, the only one i have is this unofficial but still rather cool one, bit on the small side though...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/daveturner1337/images/grim_poster.jpg

at least I dont think its the official one...

Darth Eggplant
02-21-2003, 04:47 PM
posters like the OST might be hard to come by, and if they are big you can not scan them on a flatbed scanner unless its a honking big huge one. the best thing you might do is cut and paste and make a poster for yourself and then you could get it blow up reall big. we have places here that can make like a bus shelte sized real good laser image print, they usually cost like 100 plus a poster so if you had the money and the time you could gussy up your wall with Manuel. good luck!

QueZTone
02-21-2003, 05:44 PM
well its all about getting a high quality image..

The poster Tall Guy posted there, I have that too, but it was scanned in two parts and you can see the split-line in the middle. Kinda a downer. The poster itself is awesome though.

Who scanned this poster?

Tall Guy
02-21-2003, 07:31 PM
I think it was Met that gave me the address of this poster and i just saved it, not sure where it came from though :(

QueZTone
02-22-2003, 07:59 AM
if i can get that font used there, i might be able to put that poster together again in bigger format...

Darth Eggplant
02-22-2003, 09:31 PM
www.acidfonts.com
is a great free site for type fonts
the name grim fandango
almost looks like adventure font
or something close to it.

QueZTone
02-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Anyone know the exact names of the fonts?

there's two types used for the slogans..

and then there's the font used at the credits list below..