PDA

View Full Version : * Kick Video * NEW

griff38
02-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Hello, I have a new clip available for download. It highlights the kick & sidekick, and does require the Divx codec. Right now it's a low res mono version, I have a ten meg file size limit.

Please download (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/griffmanco/lst?.dir=/JEDI&.view=l) it and the others, let me know what you think. Eventually I will post the high res stereo version at Fileplanet Approved !! (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/120376.shtml) & own-age.com.
All comments welcome

SkinWalker
02-20-2003, 10:31 PM
I checked it out in two different players and it jammed right at the shot where the "camera" is directly behind one player and looking on to a Kyle avatar. The music kept going, though.

I used DiVx Player 2.0 Alpha and ATI Player.

I'm going to try and load it in Adobe Premiere.... I'll let you know if it worked. Looks good so far! And I love that tune.... Billy Holiday did it best, though ;)

Cya
SkinWalker

SkinWalker
02-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Adobe Premiere gave me "Unsupported File Rate" in case that helps. Winamp 3 wouldn't play it either......

griff38
02-21-2003, 12:28 AM
I use Media Player version 9 and Realplayer, but I am sure it's the Divx thing. You need the latest 5.0 codec. you can get it here.link (http://www.divx.com/divx/)

oh and its 21 frames per sec

TK_Nutritious
02-21-2003, 01:45 AM
skin I've had similar problems, I'd recommend reinstalling divx

Luc Solar
02-21-2003, 04:49 AM
Hehe! Nice vid. :thumbsup: Keep 'em coming.

And thanks for the link. It solved some other codec-related problems I've been having too.

Umm...so who was that "unlucky" sniper who managed to miss both of you (on the pad) and run out of ammo? :D ...oh and if I had a stationary target I sure as hell wouldn't try shooting from a mile away with the stormie rifle's secondary! Hehehe.

*waiting for someone to suddenly pull out a clip that shows me playing online like a complete retard*

ksk h2o
02-21-2003, 05:46 AM
oh man... I think I love you now. :D

very very nice... sums up my recent JKII philosophy. very nice angles from which you recorded too... how did you get thos camera angles while recording anyway?

Hekx
02-21-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm getting the freeze up too. I've installed the latest Media Player, and I'm redownload the codec now.

-Edit-
Got it working. :)

Another good video. It's my favourite next to the Distrupter Kills. :D
It's quite funny how the stormtrooper guy missed at such close range.

Bilbo Skywalker
02-21-2003, 06:00 PM
another grand vid from griff, loved the choice of song, and the sound effect on the kicks made me laugh a lot.

gj.

:wavey:

Break_dF
02-22-2003, 12:30 AM
Attempting to dl: attempt failed. Trying again...

SkinWalker
02-22-2003, 01:40 AM
Big Daddy Break! The original kicker!

I did finally get the video working... reinstall the codec is exactly what was needed. I LOVE it Griff! Good work man!

Skin

acdcfanbill
02-22-2003, 03:40 AM
Yea, those were pretty good :D i loved the bryar vid! ;)

bill

lllKyNeSlll
02-22-2003, 09:42 PM
I'll watch it as soon as possible.

Lunatic Jedi
02-23-2003, 08:26 AM
Uh... the Fileplanet wait time is about 2 hours! You're popular Griff!

griff38
02-23-2003, 09:23 AM
I want to apologize for the poor download site, I guess if I want people to see my JKO clips I should make them easier to aquire.
Hopefully I will have a new site of my own soon with a huge transfer rate.

Here is a new site to me check it out, this site has no Jedi stuff at all (except 4 mine :). They store and make available for download, trailers and previews for all kinds of games. My Kick movie is at the top of their list, for now.

link (http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=8)

And thanks for all the positive comments, I had expected a little more critisism. Which by the way is still welcome.

Break_dF
02-23-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by griff38

And thanks for all the positive comments, I had expected a little more critisism. Which by the way is still welcome.

If I ever see it, I'll be sure to criticize you =/.

*edit..can't f*ckin' spell...

Hekx
02-23-2003, 07:06 PM
Break_dF, download the latest DivX codec if you can't get it working; from here (http://www.divx.com/divx/). As for FilePlanet queues, can't help there. ;)

griff38
02-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Break_dF
If I ever see it, I'll be sure to critize you =/.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ............ I am waiting ;)

zerowingzero
02-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Ok vid, but that kick sound gets repetitive fast..., otherwise, great.

Dark Liquid
02-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Hehehe nice video. How do you kick like that?

Break_dF
02-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Griff, you really should come by the SF server...there's so much you could learn about kicking...

ShadowTemplar
02-25-2003, 09:48 AM
I tried to see it, but Winblows Media Player won't seem to be able to play the film... I think that it thinks that it's a still-pic and a music file, which kinda isn't what it's supposed to do I reckon.

BTW: You need to clean your mailbox. I tried to reply to that PM you sent, but I got a message that your Inbox is full (yeah, I know that that is PM stuff, but for obvious reasons I couldn't use PM). (Oh, and was that message something you sent to everyone, or should I feel lucky?)

Bilbo Skywalker
02-25-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ShadowTemplar
I tried to see it, but Winblows Media Player won't seem to be able to play the film... I think that it thinks that it's a still-pic and a music file, which kinda isn't what it's supposed to do I reckon.

BTW: You need to clean your mailbox. I tried to reply to that PM you sent, but I got a message that your Inbox is full (yeah, I know that that is PM stuff, but for obvious reasons I couldn't use PM). (Oh, and was that message something you sent to everyone, or should I feel lucky?)

downlaod the latest div-x codecs www.divx.com. it will work now.

:wavey:

griff38
02-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Break_dF
Griff, you really should come by the SF server...there's so much you could learn about kicking...

I see, and who will teach me? One of those bots you guys run these days?:o

Bilbo Skywalker
02-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by griff38
I see, and who will teach me? One of those bots you guys run these days?:o

lmao.

Break_dF
02-26-2003, 12:42 AM
The bots are funny as hell... and if you come on, I'll show you some stuff and "kick" your ass a few times 8).

Unnamed Jed1
02-26-2003, 03:35 AM
griff have a kf w/ B, trust me man even I can't land a single hit on him when he is actually trying.

Now that =X=IdiotSavant has left JK2 it is down to either Break or SpeciaL from FK who holds the crown as the best kicker in JK2.

2 months ago (sorry dude) I would have had to say it was SpeciaL but now I have to go with Break. I by no means have the fastest feet in JK2 but up until recently when playing B I have never been totally shut out by anyone in a kick fight repeatedly w/o landing a single shot.

griff38
02-26-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Unnamed Jed1
griff have a kf w/ B, trust me man even I can't land a single hit on him when he is actually trying.

I have never been totally shut out by anyone in a kick fight repeatedly w/o landing a single shot.

I know, we have been here before haven't we?

Seriously i know you guys will hand me back my arse on a silver platter with garnish. I don't want anyone thinking my video clips are an attempt to showcase my skills.( my skill is editing)
I just want them to be funny or sarcastic.

As far as BDF is concerned I really enjoy trying to provoke him, the forum gets boring sometimes and he sparks it up a bit without flaming.

Break_dF
02-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Well... yeah, that fight I had w/ Special was also after I quit for 4 weeks; my kicking was rusty. Shortly after, I learned the "secret" to kicking. Before I'd been just ptking ppl to death (which works). Kicking is just a side thing...

Griff, $20 from UJ's paypal account says that 3 of our bots > you. 8)

Dark Liquid
02-26-2003, 02:27 PM
but HOW do you kick??

master_thomas
02-26-2003, 03:42 PM
To kick, you just do the wall flip except instead of a wall you have another person(run towards them and hit jump twice as you touch them). Both forward and side work, but I am wondering how you kicked so high (I think it was morgan). You went three times your own height. I watched a few days ago so mabye I'm not remembering right, but I think you did.

ksk h2o
02-27-2003, 07:10 AM
Griff, your video was great and had a very tongue-in-cheek feel to it. The music and sound effects really made it evident that you were making the video for people to have laughs, and it worked.

Video's showcasing sniping skill and mid-air kills while backflipping with one hand tied behind your back are nice to watch the first time, but I usually end up removing them from my HDD, yours for some reason stays there and I watch it from time to time to get a grin. :)

Dark Liquid
02-27-2003, 11:13 AM
hmmm interesting. Thanks for the info.

yolkboy
02-28-2003, 04:16 AM
Has sign on back that says *kick me* ---- > :eek: :D <--- Griff "My Pleasure!"