PDA

View Full Version : OMG...its official

wassup
02-21-2003, 01:11 AM
Click here (http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/news20030220.html) and here (http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/20030220/index.html) for more info.

"Begun, this Clone War has..."

Its official. Clone Wars is coming to the animated screen. Penned by Genndy Tartakovsky, of "Samurai Jack" and "Dexter's Lab" fame. Personally, I think its a good idea, but the artwork needs to be upped a notch or too...they all look the same...like stick figures...

So what do you all think?

Tyrion
02-21-2003, 01:16 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taos
02-21-2003, 01:37 AM
:wstupid:

I think it's a terrible idea.....what is GL thinking....

Weapon X
02-21-2003, 01:43 AM
well since nobody knows anything about it except that the fact it's being made, everyone should just wait and see how it turns out

wassup
02-21-2003, 01:47 AM
:confused: I just gave you those 2 links there. Sure that might not be a lot of info...but its enough for speculation/opinions/discussion.

Lunatic Jedi
02-21-2003, 02:24 AM
I think this is a pretty good idea. Remember, Genndy Tartakovsky has been behind some really fantastic cartoon series' like Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, and the Powerpuff Girls... okay that last one isn't exactly great...

But still, if you want to make a really good cartoon, you look to Tartakovsky, and I think this will send the Star Wars saga in a slightly new and fresh direction that may break the somewhat stale and predictable foreshadowing and tedium of the last 2 movies. Now that they're venturing into unknown territory with this series, they can play around with it and maybe give some helpful segway into Ep. 3 that will break GL's terrible curse... THE CURSE OF THE LOUSY PREQUELS! :p

Tyrion
02-21-2003, 02:49 AM
See..this is my point. I dont want Star Wars to look oriental. I want it to look like Star Wars, I dont want light sabers looking like friggin swords. I dont want everybody looking skinny. I dont like the cartoony look(isnt star wars,in my opinion).

They've should've made it 3D like Reboot.

Boba Rhett
02-21-2003, 02:55 AM
I'm with Ty on this one.

C Shutt
02-21-2003, 03:35 AM
Bah, 3D animation is ****ty. That artwork looks fantastic.

Unlike Episode III, this has the potential to be great.

nova_wolf
02-21-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos

Money Money Money...
Must be funny...
In George Lucas's world...

££$£$$£$£$£$$$$£££$£$£££$$£

Come on - the SE edition was pretty much the $£ edition.....

Also fairly BS edition, but thats another thread entirely.

Kstar__2
02-21-2003, 06:27 AM
it looks like.......dunno, kinda un-star wars:(

Darklighter
02-21-2003, 06:33 AM
"Begun...this awful spin-off of the greatest movie ever that will surely damage its reputation to no end...has"

:disaprove

leXX
02-21-2003, 07:56 AM
I'm a huge Tartakovsky fan and I'm very much looking forward to Clone Wars. I think GT will do a good job. The thing to do is not take it too seriously, at the end of the day, it's a childrens cartoon.

Eldritch
02-21-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by leXX
I'm a huge Tartakovsky fan and I'm very much looking forward to Clone Wars. I think GT will do a good job. The thing to do is not take it too seriously, at the end of the day, it's a childrens cartoon.

Yes, but WHY make a children's cartoon out of Star Wars? It's hard enough trying to defend liking it to other adults who just say it's one step shy of a big cartoon - now it IS a cartoon.

There are some things you just shouldn't do for money.

nova_wolf
02-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Darklighter
"Begun...this awful spin-off of the greatest movie ever that will surely damage its reputation to no end...has"

:disaprove

[OT Fan]Err... Has to be fairly good movie to have any reputation to screw with, and Eps I & II are NOT SW movies, certainly not to the greatest movie proportions.[/OT Fan]

BlackDove
02-21-2003, 09:28 AM
Well I sure as hell don't give a damn since I won't be the one watching it......*sticks to the movies and to the movies only*

Reborn Outcast
02-21-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Carl Shutt
Bah, 3D animation is ****ty. That artwork looks fantastic.
:eyeraise: :eyeraise: You think that that looks fantastic?!

just in case you didn't notice, they look like they're holding katanas and they look anorexic

This is gonna bring Star Wars down. :(

(Black Dove you avatar is screwin me over :p )

Hekx
02-21-2003, 10:35 AM
I sense a disturbance in the poll! No yoda option. :(
..so I voted for what's GL smoking these days, lol. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing the animated show, since I don't really know much about it at the moment. If it fills in information missed in the movies, then that's unfair. :(

I don't think the animated series is worth the money to create, might aswell put it towards more CGI yoda action!

ZePhyR
02-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Who cares...

ckcsaber
02-21-2003, 11:15 AM
If it is better than the old cartoon "Ewoks" then I say it's a victory for Star Wars:D

Samuel Dravis
02-21-2003, 12:06 PM
I am also with Tyrion on this one.

:)

Sam Fisher
02-21-2003, 12:12 PM
I am also with Tyrion on this one. :)

(my brother doesn't log off
:D

Hekx
02-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Is the animated series not in 3D? I think getting some more CGI animated action would rule. :)

Hopefully the animated series won't have too much impact on the overall flow of Star Wars, I don't want to have to learn another 500 characters who magically popped up during AOTC. :p

ZBomber
02-21-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
I'm with Ty on this one.

Word.

Hannibal
02-21-2003, 01:26 PM
The animation for Samurai Jack is horrible(IMO).
They should have got an anime animator to do this.
I don't have a problem with them doing this I just feel they should do it with more quality.

The animation in most of today's cartoon is terrible. Kind of like that Speed Racer barely animated style. They are like your reading a comic not watching a cartoon.

DC | Dark Luke
02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Leemu Taos
:wstupid:

...mmm in this "$" ?:p

SAlu2

Rogue15
02-21-2003, 02:25 PM
I'll probably watch it. They better not make it sound cheesy though..

griff38
02-21-2003, 02:32 PM
I think it's cool, Samurai Jack is a work of art. If the artist who do it are used then I am sure it will be good.

shukrallah
02-21-2003, 05:46 PM
it doesnt look to cool, i wonder how the story is though....

anyways i dont get the channel otherwise i would watch just to see how it is. MAN, all cartoons are for little kids now. in the 90s there were good cartoons. in 1999 everyone started liking anime, but now anime has stupid story lines. at least i still have video games. they wont die....i hope:(

Clemme w/Stick
02-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Well, I think its nice, but the art need to be a little better, to really get the mood going(?!).
Hmm, but it'll never replace the good old movies, and 3 minutes per episode, I mean, they could have made it a little longer....like 15-20 minutes per episode, but what the hell! Its gonna be fun to watch!

-Clemme

Eldritch
02-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by nova_wolf
and Eps I & II are NOT SW movies

I beg to differ. Just because you may not like them doesn't mean you can ignore them or discredit them. For better or for worse, they are SW movies. SW music, SW titles, SW acting, and SW special effects.

A lot of you guys don't seem to remember that when the OT came out, the special effects were REVOLUTIONARY - they'd never been seen before like that. And many people said that they were pure special effects movies. Now, many of the younger crowd don't remember movies before the OT and don't know what an improvement this truely was.
So to all of you who argue that it's all about the special effects and not about the acting (some of which is horrendous in ALL the movies), I'll remind you that SW and special effects go hand-in-hand. Relatively speaking, the PT is just as special fx driven as the OT was.

//end rant

Hekx
02-21-2003, 08:19 PM
I'm making plans to record them, just so I don't miss out.. again. ;)

Is there a date anyone on the release / showing of the series?

Pedantic
02-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Star Wars + TV series = Bad news. Star Wars is something for the silver screen. You can't portray something so epic on the small screen, especially not in a cartoon. >_<

BlackDove
02-22-2003, 05:12 AM
Meh, the only official thing to be concerned with is anything that Lucas personally made, which are the current 5 movies. Everything else that isn't his idea = not admissable IMO, therefore I am wasting my time watching it.

Skate Boy
02-22-2003, 06:05 AM
I couldn't care either way, if it's on and I'm watching TV, I might watch it. But I cound't care less.

git_sum_stuka
02-23-2003, 12:47 AM
I want Samurai Jack's ass to die.

El Sitherino
02-23-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
They should have got an anime animator to do this.
W3RD. i think they should have tried for shinchiro watanabe for sure.

teutonicknight
02-23-2003, 02:08 AM
I'll decide
:wid:

Is this simly new? I just noticed it today

Lunatic Jedi
02-23-2003, 03:55 AM
Come on. Making a cartoon of it won't defile Star Wars or anything. Star Wars isn't a frickin' religion, people! Its a movie series (a very good one, but still just a movie series). Besides, just because they're making a cartoon out of it doesn't mean you have to watch it. What difference would it make if you did, anyway?

Let's be objective here, folks.

dark jedi 8
02-23-2003, 04:36 PM
i thought it was going to be cgi, one of the rumers,:( i don't like the artwork though, it looks stupid to me.

shukrallah
02-23-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by dark jedi 8
i thought it was going to be cgi, one of the rumers,:( i don't like the artwork though, it looks stupid to me.

yeah.. but it could have a good story, they made the video game about the clone wars so i think the cartoon should have been about something else. movies made into cartoons are never that good anyways. cartoons made into movies are ok. video games made into movies can be ok, but not normally they aren't. movies made into video games, can be good or bad, just depends on the movie.