PDA

View Full Version : freelancer demo

Kstar__2
02-25-2003, 12:13 PM
did anyone downloaded/played the freelancer demo?

it is just AMAZING!:eek:

it's like a space fighter/adventure mixture, and it feels good baby!

this is a recommened download for all of you! (well, not for obi, since he has 56k6:p ) the file is about 150 mb large.

you can download it here (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/freelancer) ;)

this game will be on my wishlist for shure!:D

BlackDove
02-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Thanks man, I'm a space sim freak

RoguePhotonic
02-25-2003, 03:08 PM
I'm gonna wait for the full version to come out...then i'll play it...

Kstar__2
02-25-2003, 03:23 PM
well, you should really try the demo, it is truely amazing!

greedo626
02-25-2003, 03:49 PM
it look pretty sweet. I'm downloading it now:)

SPY_jmr1
02-25-2003, 04:06 PM
well, the sucker LOOKS really cool, and i've always loved games like this.

FYI, THIS (http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/downloads_05.asp) link for the download is much, MUCH, MUCH faster then the one above.

M$ may be evil, but they gots the bandwith :D

RoguePhotonic
02-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Naw I hate when you reach the end of a demo.....

leXX
02-25-2003, 04:36 PM
hmmm, looks good, might check it out.

Kstar__2
02-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SPY_jmr1
well, the sucker LOOKS really cool, and i've always loved games like this.

FYI, THIS (http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/downloads_05.asp) link for the download is much, MUCH, MUCH faster then the one above.

M$ may be evil, but they gots the bandwith :D

i d/l it from MS first, but it was the wrong file, some dos thingie:mad:

BlackDove
02-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Heh Chris Roberts knows his stuff.....a pfp game you don't have to p to p.

Katarn07
02-25-2003, 05:34 PM
I always see this advertised in the Insider. I'll read about it.

-s/<itzo-
02-25-2003, 06:08 PM
demos are kinda like strippers in a way. they tease and tease but you don't go all the way.

nova_wolf
02-26-2003, 06:36 AM
Is this the game that was being touted a few years back as the 'next Elite', cause that game will rock - try freedom in a huge galaxy. Fight, trade or chill - thats a game.

Wheres the official site for it?

Kstar__2
02-26-2003, 06:43 AM
yup, that's the game nova

here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/

nova_wolf
02-26-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by kstar__2
yup, that's the game nova

here is the link:
http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/

GOOD JOB!

Cheers kstar__2!

[Post that scored me my Siggy Pic! YAH!]

leXX
02-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Well I just completed the story demo and played a few random missions too. It's a good game. I might buy it, I'm not sure yet.

BCanr2d2
02-26-2003, 10:24 AM
Well, what do you know, it's not vapourware....
Only in development for about 4-5 years, with about 3-4 complete changes of engines, along with about 3 or 4 development teams, not to mention that somewhere along the way MS decided to buy the title.......

acdcfanbill
02-26-2003, 01:36 PM
well, Roberts left Digital Anvil a while ago, im pretty sure he didnt have much to do with this title. I have played a bit of freelancer and i dont really like it a whole lot... very privateer-esk the space fighting is a bit uh, boring for me. I like haveing to adjust multiple things, i was looking foward to more of a simluation game, and joystick support, but alas, its not what happened... so, i guess i'll play Star Lancer :D

The_One
02-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Oh, I'm loving it ;)

Very, very good - what else can I say? This is just my kind of game, and best of all it's very addictive :D

greedo626
02-26-2003, 07:03 PM
sweeeeet:eek: . I just got done the first mission. at first I thought it was going to suck cause all I was doing was clicking on people in the bar, but then i got into space and W00T. it rocks!. that little ship I'm flying is so frickin cool. and I don't really like space combat games but this one's gameplay is really good. and there's no lag, even on my under-par machine:) . I might just buy this game;)

.:Silver:.
02-26-2003, 11:04 PM
I'm still on the fence on this one. For one thing, I miss the joystick. It just feels more fun when your using a high precision joystick in a simulation game. I'm also having difficulty getting immersed into the game. It seems incomplete or maybe just too simple. I'm an old Elite and Privateer player, and while this game looks pretty, it has a canned feel to it. This being said, I still need to wait and see what the final game looks like before I buy it.

I was hoping for something like Independence War 2 with cooler ships, but this feels a little rushed.

Tyrion
02-26-2003, 11:52 PM
Greatest hour of this month I've had so far.

I'm definitely getting that game March 4th. Superb graphics,and I loved Decent,so I'll love it.:D

And I didnt get dizzy from all my manuvers, and I liked the equipment system(the starting ship looked alot like Slave 1 to me), and the freelance part looks cool too.

Swat
02-27-2003, 01:33 AM
I was hoping for something like Independence War 2 with cooler ships, but this feels a little rushed.

i can tell u it's not rushed. it was announced 4 like 4 years?

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 04:17 AM
Ok I downloaded the demo and omg I love this game...but **** I played it so long it wouldn't let me anymore....I was doing all the missions you can and then it just ended....:mad:

My only complaint is the laggy menu systems and other things also...like text on the screen that will lag you in space...hope it's not like that in the retail version.....

BlackDove
02-27-2003, 04:20 AM
The demo ends once you cross the payment levels that would level you up for the next level of your character (level 2) which is $27 000 I believe.....

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 04:42 AM
Well that sucks.....though maybe it's for the best...because I will have to beat all this again in like 5 days :)

(updated)

Never mind I found the game on some certain "cough" programs ;) so am downloading it now....i'm probably still gonna buy it though....

Swat
02-27-2003, 05:04 AM
My only complaint is the laggy menu systems and other things also...like text on the screen that will lag you in space...hope it's not like that in the retail version.....

mine was smooth sailing

The demo ends once you cross the payment levels that would level you up for the next level of your character (level 2) which is $27 000 I believe.....

i was working so hard 2 get the defender on the missouri battleship (near the norfolk shipyard) u noe (it requires a level 2 2 buy it)

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 05:17 AM
hmmm...odd then...like when you turn on umm I think cruise...when it charges before it goes....that text that pops up with the % makes the game lag bad then right when it goes away it smoothes out....

Swat
02-27-2003, 05:20 AM
how abt when u're entering the trade lane? i tink it shld be worse 4 u

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 05:29 AM
it lags alittle in there but not as bad as other things...when your picking parts for your ship the menu's lag really bad.....

Swat
02-27-2003, 05:30 AM
i tink u better upgrade ur com

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 05:35 AM
Yeah 2.4ghz ati radeon 9700 pro isn't good enough :p

Swat
02-27-2003, 05:43 AM
then i have no idea wat's happening 2 ur com

leXX
02-27-2003, 06:08 AM
I didn't experience any lagg whatsoever and I've only got a crappy 32mb Matrox Millenium!

I know what you mean about it ending too quick though. I searched for more jobs but alas there just wasn't any. :( I'm still contemplating whether to get it or not, there are just so many games I want in the next couple of months.

Kstar__2
02-27-2003, 07:29 AM
yeah that's true leXX, but this could also be the kind of game you pick up a couple of years later for a nice price;)

BlackDove
02-27-2003, 08:51 AM
no big lag for me, only the parts that require processor energy, and since mine is P3 800, it bites some times. The graphics = halved for me since I got the TNT2, but it still goes smoooooooooooooothly.

Just a couple of more days until it's out, can't wait :D

Tyrion
02-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Heh, Blackdove, since there's multiplayer on Freelancer-

Want me to kick your ass?:D

I dont have many games coming out that I really want. KOTOR is held back(on PC, dont have XBox) on PC till fall, and the Exp. for Neverwinter Nights is held back to may. So that leaves a good 2-3 months, and I have 25$ worth of zoning points at best buy, so it's half off.

And yes,I have the money for it.

Mex
02-27-2003, 09:45 AM
I'll download it later. Right now i'm getting ready to go back to school. [Home lunch]

Swat
02-27-2003, 10:19 AM
I know what you mean about it ending too quick though. I searched for more jobs but alas there just wasn't any.

well lexx, after u got a ship, enter the bar of any planet or base n click the briefcase icon (juz rite under the bar icon). those are random mission, not story 1s. after like 9 - 10 random missions, u rise 2 level 2, which ends the demo

greedo626
02-27-2003, 12:15 PM
:( it just cut me off too. I was playing and beating the crap out of some baddies and then boom, no more game :(. I'm going to buy it when it comes out though. I don't really like space combat sims but this one is too sweet not to buy:D
it's like Diablo 2 in space:D

RpTheHotrod
02-27-2003, 12:37 PM
I'll give it a try. Took 10 min to download, but I have to get to work.

Kstar__2
02-27-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
I'll give it a try. Took 10 min to download, but I have to get to work.
i want your connection!:eek:

RpTheHotrod
02-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Bahaha. Well, it's $50 a month, and I live RIGHT NEXT to a phonebox, so I download 150-210 k per second.

greedo626
02-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by kstar__2
i want your connection!:eek:

it took me 13 minutes. if you want faster downloads try flashget
http://www.amazesoft.com/

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 02:42 PM
I have the full version installed right now! :p

Like I said though the lag was only on menu's and when text came up in space..not all text but stuff like it telling you what system you are in....

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 03:12 PM
The menu's and stuff is laggy in the full version also :crybaby:

The_One
02-27-2003, 05:47 PM
If you want to hack the demo a bit and not have the 26,000/level 2 limit - someone has released a file that lets you do so.

Save this to your HD:

http://freelancer.portalive.com/downloads/save1d13.fl

Then open up My Documents\My Games\Freelancer Trial\Accts\SinglePlayer and place the file there. Load it in game and you will be on (can't remember the name) the planet where you end up after having completed the first mission. The limit is now 1 million :D not 26,000. You still can't progress to level 2, but still, it will give you tonnes of hour's worth of gameplay and hold you through to the final release.

Hope that helps some people, it's certainly prolonging the demo for me :)

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 07:38 PM
You reach level 2 when you are done with the demo's story part....in the full version anyway.....

02-27-2003, 08:19 PM
i can tell u it's not rushed. it was announced 4 like 4 years?

Actually your wrong. It's was announced 5 years ago as Privateer 3.

I'm also convinced now that if the final is anything like the demo then yes, it has been rushed. Why you ask?

1. You can't invert the mouse control.

2. Most space sims leave an option to fly by mouse control, but primarily use joystick control. This game primarily uses mouse control but has no optional joystick control. Programming joystick into a game that already has mouse control is not difficult at all so why isn't it in here.

3. The voice overs are spliced together to give the interaction a less canned feel. This will get repetitive very quickly if it shows up in the final release.

I'm glad your so thrilled with the game, but it's a far cry from the epic Freespace battles and Independence War flight dynamics it was promised to be.

I know what I'm talking about. 3 years ago I was an associate editor for the a very poplular PC gaming site. I wrote reviews for simulation games. A year before that I worked in the media department in Austin, TX for Origin. After the split, and the creation of Digital Anvil, several of my friends worked as graphic designers there.

I'm a diehard space sim freak, and this game appears to be catering to casual gamers who enjoy space shooters. It's got the potential for greatness, but it's hanging out in average land right now.

The_One
02-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Well, as with everything else, it's all down to personal opinion at the end of the day.

As with all games, I couldn't care less what other people think. If I dislike a game, I dislike it. If I love a game, I love it. With Freelancer, it's the latter. I think it's a great game, well above average, and one of the best, most addictive games I've played in a long while. It's worth my money, so when it comes out, I'll buy it.

End of story. ;)

02-27-2003, 10:26 PM
The previous post may or may not have been directed towards me, but If you've fully read my post (which you have not) you will see that I'm happy for people who like the game as is. My problem is Digital Anvil and then Microsoft have been hyping this game up for years. It seems like every year the game becomes less and less what it was originally supposed to be, ie. Privateer 3.

Chris's lack of involvement is the primary reason why this game got off track.

I'm still amazes Lucas Arts hasn't thought a Star Wars based "Elite" type game would be a hot seller. I would love the opportunity to be a "Hans" type character causing a ruckus in the Star Wars universe.

RoguePhotonic
02-27-2003, 10:46 PM
I have played some multiplayer in it and it's just like single player you can take the missions and make money and all.....though it will suck for noob's because people will have their big badass ships and you have alittle piece of ****....I saw one server that could have up to 128 people on it so not a bad space battle :D

I have to fix this text lag **** though because when people say something in multi it lags the game to the point of being unplayable....

(update)

I got it fixed....found in the readme that there is a text performance issue with ati radeon cards....so if you have one and get this game check the readme just in case....

I think most of you should...was allot of cards with issues in there...

The_One
02-28-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by .:Silver:.
The previous post may or may not have been directed towards me, but If you've fully read my post (which you have not) you will see that I'm happy for people who like the game as is. My problem is Digital Anvil and then Microsoft have been hyping this game up for years. It seems like every year the game becomes less and less what it was originally supposed to be, ie. Privateer 3.

Chris's lack of involvement is the primary reason why this game got off track.

I'm still amazes Lucas Arts hasn't thought a Star Wars based "Elite" type game would be a hot seller. I would love the opportunity to be a "Hans" type character causing a ruckus in the Star Wars universe.

It wasn't really directed at you. I don't mind reading reviews, and other people's opinions before I can get a chance to play a game. But once I've played it, it's all about my opinion then.

If I hadn't got the demo, or the full game - I would actually take these comments and opinions into consideration. But, now I've had the chance to play it myself, they are superfluous.

I hope you can see where I'm coming from ;)

RoguePhotonic
02-28-2003, 08:57 AM
Ok I have been playing multi for awhile now and I don't know about it....because most people just do their own thing and don't give a **** about doing anything with anyone else.....and your progress is only saved on the server you play on....so any new server and you start all over again..:(

Oh and cheatting is already going on...people using trainers and stuff......

omg I need to sleep...I have been playing freelancer for about 19 hours straight...

Swat
02-28-2003, 09:10 AM
I have the full version installed right now!

it's released already? it's not even mar 4th yet! which country do u live in. i believe US dun have the full game as well

(juz a question) have u destroy a battleship yet?

2. Most space sims leave an option to fly by mouse control, but primarily use joystick control. This game primarily uses mouse control but has no optional joystick control. Programming joystick into a game that already has mouse control is not difficult at all so why isn't it in here.

they said something abt this. wat being the controls are easy 2 learn blah blah blah... anyway, nice preview there silver

RoguePhotonic
02-28-2003, 03:51 PM
No...it has been out on certain.."cough" programs if you know what I mean since feb 21....

I wouldn't say it like that buy you know forums...they shoot you for the word...I don't know why...

Mex
02-28-2003, 03:55 PM
I tried it, I couldnt see the text, it was very very small, very laggy menu's, crashed first time, boring cutscene and quite confusing..

Swat
03-01-2003, 02:09 AM
wat graphics card are u using?

boring cutscene and quite confusing

it's abt some rogues (bad guys) who built a secret base somewhere, n they are trying their best 2 find where it is

Pedantic
03-01-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by .:Silver:.
1. You can't invert the mouse control.

Damn, well that decides that. LoL ;) :D

03-01-2003, 03:46 AM
There may be some promising space sims in the future, should Freelancer do well.

A gaming company in Iceland has developed a game called EVE. It's universe is about twice the size of Freelancer's and there is over 150 different ship designs that the player can buy.

The graphics are looking pretty good too.

Looks like the release for this game is late summer/ early fall.

RoguePhotonic
03-01-2003, 04:50 AM
multiplayer is starting to get ****ed....because you spend all this time doing **** and bam you lose the server....you can see that it's still up but nope you can't rejoin....so what options do you have...start on a new one?...cheap ass little ship?....and lag can get bad.....

Swat
03-01-2003, 06:01 AM
A gaming company in Iceland has developed a game called EVE. It's universe is about twice the size of Freelancer's and there is over 150 different ship designs that the player can buy.

it suxz, cause it's an online game!!! AHHHHH!!! (izzit? not sure if it's this: www.eve-online.com) anyway, they sae is set 4 Q1 2004, not summer or fall

multiplayer is starting to get ****ed....because you spend all this time doing **** and bam you lose the server....you can see that it's still up but nope you can't rejoin....so what options do you have...start on a new one?...cheap ass little ship?....and lag can get bad.....

wat speed are u using it on

RoguePhotonic
03-01-2003, 10:01 AM
What speed???....

multi is fun though if you get a server that always works....

I am fried though....it's 6am and I have been playing since 11:30am

18 hours? :o

Mex
03-01-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by swatteam
wat graphics card are u using?

it's abt some rogues (bad guys) who built a secret base somewhere, n they are trying their best 2 find where it is

Heh, I couldnt figure anything out, even how to change the graphics because I couldnt see the text.

I'm using a rubbish intel card.. :( *Kicks intel* :D

03-01-2003, 03:58 PM
That's the one.

My info is about two months old so I didn't realize they pushed the release date back that far.

Swat
03-01-2003, 11:05 PM
What speed???....

i meant the speed of ur modem

ZBomber
03-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by -s/<itzo-
demos are kinda like strippers in a way. they tease and tease but you don't go all the way.

:rofl:

Best quote ever, man. ;)

03-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Just got a copy of the game.

It's just like I feared. The major reviewers are chiming along with me.

I've played it for 5 hours and am already invincible.

Time to go get a refund.

Swat
03-05-2003, 02:33 AM
are u so invincible that u getting a refund?

RoguePhotonic
03-05-2003, 10:15 AM
cable modem

bah invincible?....obviously you have never been to the omega 41 system or anything surrounding that...go out there and see how invincible you are :p

it's all about who you are really...I have already got 80+ hours out of the game...and not even getting burned out on it..

The game being released is making me nervous though...I don't want to always log on and see the server I play on full.....

03-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by RoguePhotonic
it's all about who you are really...I have already got 80+ hours out of the game...and not even getting burned out on it..

80 hours of the same wingman voice overs in every system no matter what nationality they are from.

80 hours of all of the ships flying at the same speed.

80 hours of the same types of missions (excluding the plot missions of course).

80 hours of no radar, no missle lock, small cap ships, joystick control, dynamic economic system or even the ability to look to the sides while inside your cockpit.

You da man.

You go on with your bad self.

Oh and 80 hours without beating the game. Only took me 16.:D

03-05-2003, 08:30 PM
I also want to make it clear that if you like the game I don't have a problem with that. I just don't want someone to buy the game without reading the full spectrum of reactions that are out there. It's getting bland reviews, it's too easy, but it will run well on older systems.

I've been burned on crap that I couldn't return in the past and I don't want others to have to experience that.

Smartest solution: if you absolutely have to have this game then buy it at a place that will let you return an opened box.

BigTeddyPaul
03-05-2003, 09:37 PM
Since it is only a demo and I do not get the whole game I will judge on what I have experienced. Accept missions, get money, do them against fairly easy guys, repair ship, get another mission, fight guys, get money, repair ship. Just gets a little boring. Also there are only like 4 personas of people in the game at locations. The voices are practically all the same.

I would only buy this game for multiplayer I believe. Ithink it would be a great game for that and that only. Just like JO. The game was okay to me. I found some of the reborn attacks harder than Dessan. The multi though is great so there you go.

BigTeddyPaul

Swat
03-06-2003, 01:42 AM
no missle lock
there is actually, u juz aim onto the + sign when they flying near u n fire, it'll juz home in

RoguePhotonic
03-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Yeah I found some missiles that say they home so well they are criticized as being to cruel to use...

and I have been playing all multi...I only have like 12 hours into single player...and I like the story....

The_One
03-06-2003, 07:02 PM
I'm nearing the end of the SP story, and have only been playing for about 15 hours. It is a damn good story though ;)

The thing with the SP story, is that it is possible to dip in and out of it, but it's so addictive that you play the story missions whenever you can. As a result, I have hardly explored some areas at all - and I know there is loads out there. Also, because the story has such a massive impact on the politics of the game, you feel the need to complete it so that you can travel freely without getting your ass kicked. I'm looking forward to getting a freighter and doing some trade runs after I have finished the story.

But there's just so much to explore - as much as I am enjoying the story, I'm looking forward to being free again, as towards the end the story really does restrict what you can and cannot do.

RoguePhotonic
03-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Yeah I have been to 45 star systems in multiplayer....I think that's about it since in single player some places you go are closed off in multi....the jumphole will be there but it wont let you through....

my ship in multi:

Titan
level 10 shield
4 nomad energy cannons (class 10)
2 class 9 guns but not sure which ones
1 class 9 turrent
sunslayer torpedo launcher
screamer mines

the nomad guns take 0 energy

03-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Hey Swat, do you work for MS?

Swat
03-07-2003, 03:10 AM
how can i if i'm 13? :)
I'm looking forward to getting a freighter and doing some trade runs after I have finished the story
isn't it great if we can have a battleship of our own? that's the con of this game. no squadrons to control

swphreak
03-07-2003, 08:10 AM
OH MY GOD! THIS GAME R00LZ!

Why'd you have to show it to me.... I'm saving for SWG, but now... I ...can't resist... urge... to buy... must save.... No.... going crazy....... SWG!

*sigh* unless I can find a friend that has or can..... get it from someone else... ithink I'll be spending my SWG money......

Swat
03-07-2003, 08:46 AM
u tried the demo n realise it's a gd game?

RoguePhotonic
03-07-2003, 09:09 AM
You can always get the game other ways like I did ;)

swphreak
03-07-2003, 12:24 PM
I played the demo and it roolz. The space fighting is perfect. And the other ways to get the game are all fakes, or never work for me.....

Echuu Shen-Jon
03-07-2003, 05:51 PM
It's a really cool game. Waiting for the full version to come to Denmark, but I don't know when, because Microsoft's supportsite SUCKS.

Echuu Shen-Jon
03-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by RoguePhotonic
Yeah 2.4ghz ati radeon 9700 pro isn't good enough :p

I have got 1.4 GHz AMD XP, 256 MB RAM and 64 Geforce 2 GTS and my game was...superb....

BigTeddyPaul
03-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Dude edit your first post to put them all into one instead of posting 3 times. Waste of space and spam man.

BigTeddyPaul

Elessar-Eärfalas
03-08-2003, 05:10 PM
anyone got any cool screenshots of this game to show?

Echuu Shen-Jon
03-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Just go to this link (http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/screens_01.asp). There's about 16 images! It's a cool game.

The_One
03-08-2003, 08:06 PM
General rule - if you like the demo, get this game, if you don't like the demo, don't get this game.

In my opinion, the demo showcases the game extremely well, and gives a very good flavour of the full game.

So try it first :)

By the way, I'm totally addicted to it, I can't stop playing it! :s

Elessar-Eärfalas
03-08-2003, 10:31 PM
woah this demo owns, cant wait to buy the game! :p

Lunatic Jedi
03-09-2003, 01:05 AM
I'm downloading the demo as we speak! :D

swphreak
03-09-2003, 01:44 AM
I got the game on Friday, and have been playing non stop. I got about 24 hours of play time on the game now :p

Right now, I have a Crusader Heavy Fighter. With 3 Scorpians, 2 Missile launchers. I'm strapped for cash so I dont exactly have good weapons. And I need them bad.... with half the galaxy after you because you're the 2nd most wanted person in the galazy with a bounty of 1 million credits on your head... going out in public gets kinda hard :D

I'm trying to break away from the Liberty section and become a pirate... but I guess I gotta "solve" the first story before it lets me move on. I can't even leave the Liberty system.. well I did, but I can't go back there cuz they want me dead....

Swat
03-09-2003, 05:09 AM
with half the galaxy after you because you're the 2nd most wanted person in the galazy with a bounty of 1 million credits on your head... going out in public gets kinda hard
u became a bad guy? how do u do that by the way, cos i dun have the game yet :)

RoguePhotonic
03-09-2003, 06:44 AM
If you want a group to like you get their enemy's to hate you....the enemy of my enemy is my friend...that's what they go by....get the corsairs to like you...they have the titan...you can pick one up in omega 41 or omicron gamma.....

I'm finally burnt out on it....got about 100 hours out of the game.....

The_One
03-09-2003, 07:29 AM
If you're doing the single player story, you can't really control who likes and who dislikes you.

Once you're through with the story, you'll get a virtually clean slate. Then the universe is your oyster ;)

swphreak
03-09-2003, 04:03 PM
So after I complete the "Alien Artifact Story" I can basically start over? I'm in the Leeds system right now. Trying to earn a crap load of money. I would like to go back to liberty and get a Magma or lavablade gun.... but that's impossible. Is the titan good?

The_One
03-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Don't worry about your factions when playing the story. They get mucked around with the whole time. You'll virtually be able to start again once you've finished the story.

Don't know about the Titan - I'm no way near there yet. I'm exploring at the moment. Listen to this little story:

I decide to go check out a new system, that I can get to from one of the Rheinland systems. Once there I discover the system seems to be one big cloud. I head off down a trade lane, but it gets disrupted - I take out the punks trying to cause trouble. By this stage, I'm quite a way from the trade lane, and I can't scan for it as the cloud is disrupting my sensors. So, I look at my map, and the enemy patrol paths - I see that their patrol takes them out of the cloud into open space - no trade lanes out there. So I jet off in that direction, I emerge from the cloud and I find a whole new planet! There is a big ship parked outside it - dock there for reps etc.. Then I jet out a bit further, find a wrecked ship - shoot it and get some nice valuable cargo. I then find a jump hole - so I go through it and find another new system :) I then head out, and have to leg it from about 15 Outcasts - my travels bring me to another planet - with no trade lanes anyway near. I actually got lost in this system.

I think that story shows just how great this game is, and it's not until you get down to exploring, that you realise how big the universe is. Just remember, there's a lot more out there than what's on the trade lanes ;)

swphreak
03-09-2003, 06:52 PM
how ,uch longer til I finish the story line of the game? I'm in the New London system. Me and Juni just split up and left the Lane hacker's base. I got about 10,000 more credits to make before my next major mission.

RoguePhotonic
03-10-2003, 01:35 AM
I have explored everything so that's why I am burnt out on it

Echuu Shen-Jon
03-20-2003, 10:02 AM
I’ve just found out, that Freelancer will come to Denmark The 18th of April! :crybaby:, There's just too long until then!

Kstar__2
03-20-2003, 11:58 AM
my thread is being revived:D

i don't play it that much anymore:)

OnlyOneCanoli
03-20-2003, 01:55 PM
I played through the entire game, and it was a fantastic experience. After the main storyline it gets a little boring and I stopped playing non-stop, but that game had me addicted for a good week. I never thought a space shooter with a mouse would be so much fun!

swphreak
03-20-2003, 02:25 PM
I still love it. I'm a pirate now.... well at least in the Kusari Regions. The Kusari Military/police hate me to death cuz I'm friends with the Blood Dragons. So I have to High tail it whenever I want to visit Kryto Base

Swat
03-21-2003, 06:38 AM
HA! finally bought the game. n wat's more, it came wif a free ms sidewinder gamepad for free! (dunno if you have the same thing)

swphreak
04-06-2003, 03:22 PM
[sorry to bump this, but I didn't want to waste making another thread]

For those that have the game, do you have a multiplayer server up or which ones do you goto? I go to a server called "Cool Server."

Kstar__2
04-06-2003, 03:24 PM
it's back!:D

swphreak
04-06-2003, 08:08 PM
SPAM! err... I mean, do you play multiplayer?