PDA

View Full Version : Forcemod 2 Beta Feedback

Azymn
02-25-2003, 07:18 PM
This thread is designed specifically for those people who have been selected to be a part of the closed ForceMod 2.0 beta. Outside commentary is welcome, but please try to stay focused on the topic.

Priorities on what would help me most:
1) Bugs - Try to be as detailed as possible in your report, including:
- What exactly happened
- Which class were you/your enemy
- Which powers were in effect at the time
- What weapon you were using
- When it happened (during jump/at spawn time....)
- If any ERROR messages were showing at the upper left corner of the screen.

2) Imbalances -
- Jedi/Sith/Mercs are too powerful/weak because
- Merc 1 is lame, i would only play them if...
- Bots are using power "x" too often/not enough
- Remember to look for things that happen over and over

3) Likes/Dislikes -
- I like "x" because...this would make it better
- I dislike "x" because....this would solve the problem
- This menu would be better if....
- Initially, I couldn't figure out how to do "x"...

Thanks for the help - i've only had a little time to work on the mod, and have had almost no time to play. This will really help out.

DarthDarth
02-25-2003, 08:25 PM
Lets kick this party off.

Anyway when I turn on Jedi Vs Merc (merc mod) I can't select my force powers If I'm a Jedi. If I put on normal Jedi vs Merc same problem...and my merc goodies arnt on (I know thats spose' to happen.) This happens everytime every map.

I love this mod tho..I think the regen of the merc battery should be faster. My flame thrower leaves the thing spent, then you die. Also when using the sheild battery thing its to slow to make an impact in battle. Maybe I just need to get better.

Are we gonna run an offical server?

Well anyway,
Thanks again Darth_Syrup

Azymn
02-25-2003, 08:40 PM
If anyone else has this same problem, please post. I don't have the problem here at home, so my only guesses are:
Make sure there aren't ANY other mods in the same folder. Very few mods are compatible, and ForceMod 2.0 should be all alone in the folder.

I won't be able to edit much until next week, because it's a very busy week in school right now. I'll try to post as much as possible.

And anyone is welcome to start up a server for it and publicize it. :)

BTW - the menus are incomplete, so take them with a grain of salt. Specifically, the "new force sides" cvar doesn't appear to be properly set in the menu (do it from the console at server time), and the "dual force user ratios" just plain isn't working (i forgot to remove it :S ).

DarthDarth
02-25-2003, 08:50 PM
I figured it out. I needed it on "Basic" then remove my fprce powers and switch to merc. Sorry about that. Anyway, I think I might have found a bug, I really don't want to crash my comp twice but what the hell. I'll go try it again.

Also to get my dual pistols working I had to turn on f_dualguns 2, but I was a merc with no force. 2 is spose' to be Jedi and merc can use. Any clue why it's like this?

Mark

Mistress_Angel
02-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Bugs

- Under the ForceMod menu and the submenu "Force Powers" the new forceranks and light/dark power settings don't affect the proper Cvars.

-Grapple is missing the grapple model, it shots a XYZ coord instead

-cf_singlestances only takes away purple, to my understanding it should take away both purple and green.

-a frozen player can be unfrozen if another player grips them

-womprat doesn't do anything

Suggestions

-Have a more deverse force mixing system
level 4 light powers and level 3 dark powers for example

-Level 4 saber attack needs a Cvar that can turn off the speed/dmg increase. So only level 4 attack will get you the extra stances.

-Level 4 speed needs a Cvar that will allow admins to toggle the normal run speed increase

More to come *smiles*

DarthDarth
02-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Ok I uninstalled JK2 and then reinstalled everything w/o other mods and everything is working fine now. Sorry about before I'll retest my bugs and such.

Mark

(Beta testing is hard)

mariners2001
02-25-2003, 11:24 PM
Great job! The absolute best mod so far. Soon, there won't be any need for an expansion.

Here are the bugs I found:
* couldn't add certain bots and crashed the game (custom ones)
* game crashed when second pistol was taken out (pistol worked fine at first)
* Level 4 Lightning and the flamethrower last about 1 second at most. The time should be lengthened IMO
* all of the models are shown now!!! great job! however, all the maps cannot be seen. is this fixable?
* dual jetpack thrusters are a bit too low
* grapple model is missing
* grapple cord comes out of foot. is there a possibility for it to come out of it's arm/hand or something?
* grapple cord is yellow
* i am not able to move when sniping even when cvar is turned on
* when second blade color is disabled and you turn on dual blades the colors overlap...very strange

Welcome Additions:
* Ledge grabbing
* blocking lightning and drain without absorb
* sticky sabers

Again, very nice job! First time I've played JK2 in a while. I think this got me hooked again! Thanks!

bliv
02-26-2003, 01:15 PM
1) Bugs

Changing to dual pistols only effects me if it's the very first thing I do when the map loads. If I don't hit the hotkey it seems to work fine except on the odd occassion it crashes.

2) Imbalances

Every game I've played has been dominated by Merc bots. Jedi bots never rank highly. This seems to be because they don't block shots from dual pistol often enough and end up getting hit as they take swings.

3) Suggestions

Just a thought but it would be a nice touch to use the followinging classes for Merc. Scout, Soldier, Bounty Hunter. I can't remember if the 2nd one is or not but they were used in Mysteries of the Sith.

Force Grip - Mercs seem to be able to shoot you when you are gripping them. Perhaps a cvar to stop attacks when someone is gripped.

I like the cloaking feature. Really confused me when I first saw a bot using it.

t3rr0r
02-26-2003, 06:34 PM
first and foremost... i'm either blind or the game doesn't want to change to jedi vs merc... it always changes the cvar back to 0.

Originally posted by bliv
Changing to dual pistols only effects me if it's the very first thing I do when the map loads. If I don't hit the hotkey it seems to work fine except on the odd occassion it crashes.
when i was playing a moment ago it crashed, also... and the hotkey doesn't seem to want to turn on dual anything.

relating to the grapple... to improve upon it, i suggest having it so that by pressing jump have it reel in, and by pressing crouch have it unwind...

KaiaSowapit
02-26-2003, 07:02 PM
You, sir, are a king among men and it is my honor and privilege to be a beta tester. Sincerely, thank you!

First Impressions:

The menu system is wonderfully elegant (even if it's not complete) and great for those fearful of editing cfg files or using the console.

One feature I was greatly anticipating was jetpack support for bots. After installing ForceMod, I eagerly fired up the Kamino duel map (set to FFA) and spawned a bot of Jango from the Mandalorian model pack. Strangely, he first appeared with a saber, but after fiddling a bit with the Jedi vs. Merc settings, I got him to spawn properly with ranged weapons only. Unfortunately, I still never got him to use his jetpack. (Perhaps the bot routes have to be re-written?)

Undiscouraged, I decided to fight him anyway. The bot was vicious - I could barely get within ten feet of him before getting fragged. I pressed on through the falling rain and eventually brought some Jedi smack down on him (I was playing as Kit Fisto, with dual sabers). Jango respawned - still quite aggressive, killing me several more times before I get a chance to return the favor.

Then I noticed killing Jango became less and less challenging. As the matched progressed, our scores started to balance and beating him became easier and easier. And then he respawned completely passive.

He would run through his bot routes, picking up weapons, but completely ignored me - never once firing. I wacked him anyway, and that's when things really got weird. Jango respawned again, still passive, but could not be killed - in fact it was everything I could do just to get near him - he would run and turn to avoid me at all costs. But even when I hit him, he never died - never. And it didn't matter what I hit him with, sabers, blasters, grenades and rockets, even force pushing him over the edge... he was indestructible. Very very weird.

I figured something had gone screwy, so I rebooted my computer and started over. The exact same thing happened all over again.

I also experienced the same weirdness others have mentioned in trying to get dual pistols. Even with all force powers disabled, and my player character set to "Merc" the program didn't want to give me dual pistols. Eventually I did get it to work, but it's a mystery how I did it.

Requests/Suggestions:

Please consider removing the bot files from the scripts folder in the mod - it screwed up my bots big time (listing models I don't have & associating the wrong model with the wrong bot).

Release cg_thirdpersonrange from cheat protection. (Try playing with it set to a higher number than the default "80" - say around "350" - it's like a whole new game!)

Modify Tchouky's mod so that model scaling could be stored in custom model pk3s, just like saber color/scaling for bots. Keeping track of a lengthly cfg can be a little cumbersome and difficult for novice players.

Another mod, recently released, includes a great addition to the cvar mod_skillMode - players struck or shot in the leg(s) stumble and fall for a brief period. It's very immersive and lends even more realism to the game.

Extend FFA and Team FFA with a "last-man-standing" option of game play. Players get one life per-round and attempt to be the sole survivor(s).

Team games could be even more interesting if multiple teams could be implemented - imagine mercs vs jedi vs sith (would be great for clans too).

"Friendly" bots would be another welcome addition, or at least the option of "locking" bots to teams (currently bots are randomly reassigned to teams after a match completion).

Lastly, this probably won't make the short list, but I would greatly appreciate the option to be able to strip color from in-game text (such as chat and bot taunts). Unfortunately, using hardware anti-aliasing on my GeForce card causes color encoded text to tint the entire screen (same applies to color crosshairs) - green text tints my whole screen green, red tints the whole screen red, and so on. This is really a pain for black type (my whole screen goes black). I realize there probably isn't a lot of call for this, but if it's not too much trouble I'd be forever in your debt if you could implement it.

Thanks again Syrup for making a great game even better!

Azymn
02-26-2003, 11:41 PM
* couldn't add certain bots and crashed the game (custom ones)
* game crashed when second pistol was taken out (pistol worked fine at first)
* all of the models are shown now!!! great job! however, all the maps cannot be seen. is this fixable?
* grapple cord comes out of foot. is there a possibility for it to come out of it's arm/hand or something?
* grapple cord is yellow
* when second blade color is disabled and you turn on dual blades the colors overlap...very strange

- Bot crashes are likely due to my inclusion of custom botfiles in the scripts\ folder. Removing them should fix the problem, but you'll have to make the mercs on your own.
- You mean when you turned dual guns off?
- Exactly how many maps can you see? Will you count them?
- Foot? It should come out just below the chest.
- lol - that's my fault. I made it yellow so i could see it better :)
- I'll check it out...i think that problem was in the original Jedimod, b/c it happened to me too.
You're saying you won't get dual guns if you run around for awhile and pickup stuff before you activate them?
It crashes when you try to put dualguns away?

first and foremost... i'm either blind or the game doesn't want to change to jedi vs merc... it always changes the cvar back to 0.

when i was playing a moment ago it crashed, also... and the hotkey doesn't seem to want to turn on dual anything.

relating to the grapple... to improve upon it, i suggest having it so that by pressing jump have it reel in, and by pressing crouch have it unwind...

What gametype were you playing when it reset the jediVmerc? Did you change it from the server startup screen?

What caused the crash? Turning dualguns off?

The grapple will have functional reel and unwind later on....the code is in there but the grapple line length isn't saving all the time, so it doesn't work well.

And it didn't matter what I hit him with, sabers, blasters, grenades and rockets, even force pushing him over the edge... he was indestructible. Very very weird.

I had that problem because i had an old copy of forcemod in the same directory (lol - no wonder i keep warning everyone about not having two mods in the same directory) and it went away after i took it out. You'll want to remove any other mods, especially Jedimod or ForceMod v1 from the same directory. Hopefully that's the same thing - Did anyone else have this problem? Please post if so, and try to figure out when it happened (after changing to merc in menu/after setting cvar "x"...).

Jetpacks & Bots = setting f_botpack to 6 will give every bot a jetpack...Also, they don't turn them on unless you knock them off a ledge or push them up in the air, so as to save themselves.

Please consider removing the bot files from the scripts folder in the mod - it screwed up my bots big time (listing models I don't have & associating the wrong model with the wrong bot).

Good call. It's better that you each manually make mercs - look in \scripts\mercs.bot for examples how:
merc 3
makes an Artillery Merc, etc...
Turn f_supermerc to "0" to try out the different classes.

I hope this clears up some questions & concerns.
Know that i've recorded all of your bugs, imbalances and suggestions for consideration.

lionknight
02-27-2003, 12:33 AM
Darth_syrup, thanks for allowing me to test your excellent mod. At first glance, It is a great mod which I anticipate will fill all expectations. I haven't had that much time to test because I am in the middle of buying a house and moving. One problem I found is that I can not get the merc unique specialties working. It works as if they all have all the the new abilities (flamethrower, optic, ammo recharge, jetpack, and ects, are these attributes to be unique to different classes, espionage, artillery, and gunner? I do have f_supermerc 0 set. I can't use the f_snipemove 1, I can't move and mantain sniper zoom on, it clicks of when I move, even when set on espionage merc. The main setting is merc mod for these new merc features, is this correct? Thank You and I will continue to test.

On another note It would be a nice addition in the future if a merc could use a force pull effect with the grapple to grab and knock down an opponent. I don't know if this is possible, but is sure would look good. Maybe some graphic addition to force pull?

KaiaSowapit
02-27-2003, 05:53 AM
Well I double, even triple checked and no there weren't any other mods in my base directory.

I figured I'd have another go at it just in case it was a fluke, but it happened again.

After killing Jango a few times, he became passive and indestructable. So for the heck of it, I thought I'd try spawning an additional bot (Darth Maul).

Suddenly regained his love for fragging... the other bot that is. He fired away at Maul, killing him several times, yet still completely ignored me. Maul ignored us both.

BTW, I took the liberty of removing the jedi & merc bot scripts out of the mod and added the merc flag to Jango's bot file. He still spawns as a non "true merc" - very strange. Is there a console method to spawn a merc bot?

Thanks!

P.S. Being able to damage/destroy opponents weapons is very cool!

Azymn
02-27-2003, 06:20 AM
The main setting is merc mod for these new merc features, is this correct?
Correct. I'll check out the specialties, and the zoom code isn't working yet.

KaiaSowapit - set f_gunbreak to "0" and tell me if that invincibug still pops up. If you tagged the botfile right, I don't know why Jango wouldn't be a merc unless jediVmerc is only on 1 - it must be on 2 "MercMod" in order for the mercs to have their toys.

t3rr0r
02-27-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Azymn
What gametype were you playing when it reset the jediVmerc? Did you change it from the server startup screen?

What caused the crash? Turning dualguns off?

The grapple will have functional reel and unwind later on....the code is in there but the grapple line length isn't saving all the time, so it doesn't work well.
1. i was executing the cvar via the console and in the game types i tried (including team ffa) it said i would have to restart the game, which i did, then it changed back to default (0).

2. it was after numerous presses of the dualguns hotkey.

Azymn
02-27-2003, 08:03 AM
1. i was executing the cvar via the console and in the game types i tried (including team ffa) it said i would have to restart the game, which i did, then it changed back to default (0).
Bloomin weird....try setting it from the server startup screen - near the bottom in the middle. The menus shouldn't reset it ingame, but i'll go thru and doublecheck them. I think i put a message to print out in the upperleft corner of the screen when the server resets it in the code, so if you don't see that it must be something else.

KaiaSowapit
02-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Azymn, you were right, I was playing with JedivMerc set to 1 - changing it to 2 made the game recognize Jango as a "true" merc and yes, he indeed started playing with all the toys. (And I thought blocking a single blaster was tricky!) He even used the jetpack, least I think he did. It was hard to tell because there was no animation (smoke, exhaust flame), but he did seem to jump higher than normal and stay airborne longer than he should have.

I also tried your suggestion, setting f_gunbreak to 0, but I still got the same progression. Jango went from a) aggressive & mortal to b) passive & mortal to eventually c) passive and immortal.

Adding a second bot restored his aggressiveness, but only towards the other bot - he remained passive towards me (as did the second bot).

I decided to forgo playing with Jango for awhile and try fighting other jedi/sith. I reset the game with just Maul. He behaved normally.

I added Desann. He and Maul both behaved normally (kicked my butt alot).

So then I thought I'd try another bot, this time a Battledroid. I was pretty disheartened when he entered the scene brandishing a saber (I'd modified his bot file so that he should only use blasters).

I decided to try changing JedivMerc back to 1 - this seemed effective in keeping the Battledroid from using a saber, however then Desann started using a rocket launcher. Argh!

I gave up when Maul kept getting his saber stuck after every throw. It would just freeze mid-air for awhile, then randomly teleport to one of his last locations. Killing him seemed to be the only way to get his saber restored. Then two seconds after he respawned, he'd chuck it and the whole mess would start all over again.

On a different note, I didn't realize until I did a cvarlist that f_showgriphand and f_showshield changed to f_hidegriphand and f_hideshield. Regardless, I still can't get rid of that silly hand.

Also, in another match against Maul (after trying to get rid of griphand), he started spawning with a seeker drone. I understand this is supposed to be an option for saber-only bots/players, but I wasn't spawning with one and I'm set to saber-only myself. The weird thing is that it just started happening - it didn't seem to have a rhyme or reason to it and in previous matches Maul never spawned with a seeker.

Anyhow, good luck with school - I'll keep you posted on any new observations. :)

Azymn
02-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Jango went from a) aggressive & mortal to b) passive & mortal to eventually c) passive and immortal.
K, so it's a truemerc problem. Good to know.

Did you make the droid a merc?
Desann shouldn't get a rocket launcher if jediVmerc is 1. :S

Regardless, I still can't get rid of that silly hand.

I'm sorry, all the clientside cvars have been renamed cf_..., so setting cf_hidegriphand to 1 is what you want.

And i'm working on fixing that saberthrow bug....

KaiaSowapit
02-27-2003, 07:09 PM
Did you make the droid a merc?

Nope, he's the same ole bot I've used (with no problems) in JK vanilla, the previous version of ForceMod, and also *cough* OmniMod.

Desann shouldn't get a rocket launcher if jediVmerc is 1.

That's exactly what I found so disturbing - and neither should have the Battledroid had a saber (no force powers and a zero for saber specialist). Either something is acting goofy with Jedi vs Merc or I'm losing my mind. (It could be either really.) :p

I'm sorry, all the clientside cvars have been renamed cf_..., so setting cf_hidegriphand to 1 is what you want.

I tried that, honest injun! I pretty much tried everything including harsh language - still no beans. That silly hand haunts me! Oh wait a second... did you say "cf"? I was using just plain "f" - lemme try that...

Update:

I reset the cvars and started from ground zero. Yes! Success, success! That silly grip hand thinggie is gone!

Now for the match...

Back on Kamino, my brave Jedi faces down yet another Jengo challenge. Mode is set to Jedi Vs Merc #2 "True Merc."

Well Jengo lives up to that title... before I know it I'm being blasted by dual Webstar pistols, besieged by multiple turrets, fenced in by numerous force field barriers, and roasted by gauntlet flame throwing fu. Poor little Kit Fisto is having the snot beaten out of him. Very, very cool!

One chance encounter turns favorable though and with a well-timed force push Jengo is introduced to the Kamino sea... hehe... um wait, where'd that blaster shot come from?? Well I didn't see it, but I've got to assume that while I was running for cover, arrogantly waiting for Jengo to respawn, that sucker fired up his jetpack and avoided a multiple story fall into a watery grave. I don't know what had me more flustered - that I didn't kill that little snert or that I missed his miraculous recovery. Nevertheless I went back to dodging his shots.

When a second opportunity arose I force pushed the bejesus out of him - and waited just to make sure. Fortunately, he didn't bounce back this time... but he also didn't die. What became of Jengo remains a mystery. The best I can figure is he was somewhere beneath the platform, biding his time.

A sucker for punishment, I decided it was time to bring out Maul. He popped up, as always, dual-bladed saber ignited and ready to clobber me. He also had a handy dandy lil seeker for company. Argh, how come Darth Maul gets one and I don't? Waaaaaaaa! Kit shrugs it off and lays into him anyway. Seconds later he's hovering in a vice-like throat grip AND being blasted by that accursed little seeker. It's a tough life being a Jedi.

Once the seeker self destructs Kit puts up a valiant fight against Maul, but essentially it's a stand-off. Eager to retire, he taps out and I switch models to Master Yoda. Man oh man can that little green frog kick a**. It's not long before Maul is on the run (for the record however, Jengo is STILL #1 in victories at this point, even in his mysterious absence).

Yoda tires of slapping Maul around, so I decide it's time to spice things up again. I call out a Battledroid to join in on the fun.

Argh, then "it" happens. Roger spawns, not with blaster in hand, but rather a big red saber. He proceeds to switch between the saber and a Bowcaster depending on his mood. I figure it's prolly a good time to restart the match.

On restart, Jengo makes his return... but wait... oh no, that's not what I think it is? Now Jengo is sporting a big lightsaber of his own - a purple one even!

I'm suspicious that all of this may have something to do with Jedi Vs Merc being set to 2, so I plop down the console and switch it back to 1. Double argh, I have to restart the match again.

The good news is that after my restart, Jengo is back (though only sporting one Webstar) and the Battledroid is without anything resembling a saber. Maul is pretty much useless - stuck in the middle he's going down every other second like a sack of potatoes (Jengo & Roger are emotionally attached and teaming up on him). I pity the little sith apprentice and relieve him of duty... spawning up another Battledroid in his place.

Well now I'm getting hammered - even Yoda has his limitations - so I decide to go into Spectator mode and call out Master Bot Windu to fill my shoes. I figured he's gonna need a buddy, so I recall good 'ole Kit as his bot companion.

Hmm.. that's not Kit with a blaster, is it? Oh cr@p, yes it is. Where did he get that? Oh but wait, he's gone back to a saber... oh cr@p now Mace has a rocket launcher! Argggghh!

I'm stymied.

Azymn
02-28-2003, 01:09 AM
KaiaSowapit - was it a team game where they had the weapons they shouldn't of?

KaiaSowapit
02-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Strictly 100% FFA - no teams.

I just have some bots with emotional attachments, like Battledroids won't attack other Battledroids, Jengo won't attack Boba, etc..

I might just run a few more "bot only" matches to see if there's more consistency with their behavior.

On another note, any thoughts on why Maul kept spawning with a seeker?

BTW, where did you learn all this stuff? I've been looking around and haven't seen much reference or tutorials... did you just scour the source code to figure it all out? I'd love to take a crack at modding, but it all makes my head spin. :p

Ronin_Medjai
02-28-2003, 06:19 AM
the only real bugs I found is that when you press the dual pistols button without having pistol as your weapon the game crashes everything else owns flamethrower could be a bit longer as well as cloaking and once you get the reel and unwind for the grappl and the actual graphics for it it will own too. So the only real bug is the dual pistols crashing one everything seemed real balanced to me I actually had a challenge as both a merc vs jedis and vice versa. Very promisbale mod cant wait for final release thx for letting me help beta! :D

bliv
02-28-2003, 11:19 AM
The seeker comes free with Jedi 'Saber only' settings. Hit your hotkey to launch it as normal when you respawn.

t3rr0r
02-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Ronin_Medjai
the only real bugs I found is that when you press the dual pistols button without having pistol as your weapon the game crashes
i've only had dualguns working once... the other times (with pistol in hand or not) it crashed the game. oh and i found out why jedi vs merc wasn't enabling... saber only was on.

bliv
02-28-2003, 05:33 PM
Strange. Dual guns usually works fine for me as long as it's not the first operation I perform.

Could be something to do with other settings in ForceMod conflicting?

Littleman206
02-28-2003, 08:46 PM
The mods works great as far as i can tell, the only problem is, after a while the bots start becoming invulnerable, I think its jstones who use guns. It's happened in massassi temple, bespin streets and nar shaddaa maps and I've got no idea why, everything just hits them and makes the effect as if they were a wall. It's rather annoying as you have to kick every bot when they become invulnerable and also suicide when you do(or you can be gay and keep playin). Tried turing off cangod, command and not surprisingly didnt work. This was in the mercmod mode and maybe normal jediVmerc as well. No other mods installed. Also basically everybot uses sabers and guns or just guns(obviously these guys are mercs). I'd say this is becasue sabers&guns are the basic choices for favourite weapon. If possible could you change this on bots as you find desann carrying around a fletchette, I mean what kinda sith lord needs a gun.
Also force heal is kinda useless now as it takes about 15 seconds to heal up so you cant use it in battle anymore. Takin time i alright but i think it should be an advantage. That is, it takes about a a second to heal, but you only lose mana proportional to what you are healed(so if you heal 5 hp you dont lose half your mana). Lighting is still to good at level four. How about you get rid of invulnerability to other lightning(thats what absorbs for) and make it knock them dpwn or something (emperor got luke to the ground in seconds) lvl 4 push and pull should maybe hold them down longer, instead of just throwing them a few kilometres.
Force speed is much abetter with 2 second timer, mayeb you could multiply the speed factor by 1.5 or so.
Destroying second saber doesnt actually get rid of it, same with guns it just damages the holder. Jetpack worked though and that was good.
Also, with me couldnt move while zoomed in using anyone(including espionage), and everyone gt duel pistopls and blasters(every merc that is),which was kinda annoying.
As far as i can tell, every merc got all the merc powers ( cloaking, flamethrower etc.)
Also, seeing is too good and makes espionage merc basically useless, as their main advantage s sniper movement however lvl 4 seeing means u automatically didge all their attacks.
Just an idea and I dont expect you to do it in this version as its probably difficult, make speed and seeing give u a 10% chance to doge per lvl, i.e lvl 1 on each is 20 %, lvl 2 and 1 is 30% etc.
Or maybe its a 50% chance to dodge 100% if your targeting the attacker(like blocking lightning). Turned on however he'll always dodge(as is the norm).
Also, getting rid of saber throw on dual wielders, and instead making secondary attack swing second saber, could make some cool comboes that way. Plus it's annoying the way if you throw one you cant block with the other. OR you could just make him throw both sabers.
The green special attack is a bit useless unless you have a roof a foot above you as you jump to high to hit with the first spin and it it takes along time so they can get away easily. Mayeb speeding up its animation and drasticaly lowering the height(so he basically spins on hi toes). Same with the purple one(or did you chaneg that, I know with 2 sabers it was ike yellows) lower the jump height so you can make alot more hits.
Finally, could you enable the greens single saber attack( the spinning one) with the twin sabres, its just so much better then yellows special when using two sabers, just look at omnimod.
ALMOST FORGOT, you start with no blaster ammo, meaning your stuck with a disruptor and a stun batton only for a while. Speaking of stun batton, its gay, mercs should use fists, feet and maybe their head. Just to show that melee really is a last resort.

All in all, theres not many bugs I found, just weapons being destroyed not going away and people becoming invulnerable, plus all bots use saber and gun style, if you could chaneg that I reckon it'd be much better, only kyle and luke should use guns AND sabers, everyone else should be one way or the other.

Sorry about rambling so much i just do that, great job by the way, aside form the bugs this is AWESOME! can wait for ti to be fixed up! dont take that offensively

lionknight
03-01-2003, 08:47 AM
I only had time to test this for 1 hour on the first map but if you put in command prompt f_powerbots 0, rather then 1, 2, or ects. The bots react much more like they are supposed to. They do not become too weak or too strong and merc act like merc and jedi like jedi. I had some excellent fights against jango fett and desann and jango even used his jetpack to rise up on building and shoot at me. Jango used his appropriate merc weapons and desann his sith weapons. At no point did jango use a saber when he respawned. If the setting is set to f_powerbots 1 then he respawns with a saber and does not use jetpack. Please take in mind you must have the game set to merc mod. Good luck to all of you. Any idea when the grapple will be complete, I am really looking foward to test? When will the specialties be finished? (example: espionage's snipemove). Once again thank you for the opportunity to test, and I apologize for not being able to test more, I am in the middle of moving. Great Job Darth_syrup.

mariners2001
03-01-2003, 08:42 PM
am i the only one whose flame gauntlets and level 4 lightning last less than 1 second?

Azymn
03-01-2003, 11:41 PM
Thanks for all the feedback, it's really been a great help.
I felt i should update you guys on what i've been able to do the past few hours:

The following bugs/missing features should be fixed in Beta 2:

- bot invulnerability/loss of ai bug fixed
- f_supermerc can now be properly disabled
- dualguns can now be limited to correct classes
- improved stability of dualgun functions
- cf_singlestances correctly limits to original 3 stances
- a frozen player can't be unfrozen if another player grips them
- womprat does something :)
- Level 4 Lightning and the flamethrower last longer
- jetpack fx now match model position more accurately
- Grapple has the grapple model again
- grapple cord fx improved
- Espionage merc can now move while sniping (f_snipemove cvar has been removed - it was the culprit)
- Second blade color for Tck RGB sabers can now truly be disabled
- couldn't add certain bots and crashed the game (custom ones)
(removing the new *.bot files in the current pk3 will fix this now)
- and a few minor menu fixes

There are a few more things i'm going to try to get working before i send beta 2 out. If you find any other bugs/imbalances, lemme know.

Thanks.

lionknight
03-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Unfortunately after further testing, even when set to f_powerbots 0, the bots become passive and invunerable after about 3 to 6 kills. But they still appear with there appropriate weapons. Tested on merc mod and 1st map. Even with these annoying bugs the mod is a great pleasure to play.

deXtoRious
03-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Are there any more beta testing positions left? I REALLY want to beta test your mod...:rolleyes:

mariners2001
03-02-2003, 01:14 PM
if you really want it, i'd drop your e-mail down here

Zathu Koon
03-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Alright, here is my first impression/bugs:
Looks great, new grapple is interesting.. Clients being able to enable green/purple themselves is neat.. didn't have the chance to test out much of the other toys.

You may know these, but here are some bugs I found in the first 5 mins:
Players can still throw saber when frozen
Couldn't slap myself
Rename doesn't work right

If you want a more descript bug report on any of those, lmk and I'll get that to you.

Something that would be great for my clan/server would be a sub-admin system, one that doesnt use rcon. Being able to toggle what commands the sub-admins would have would be great.

Master_Payne
03-02-2003, 04:50 PM
This may be a sweet adition, it's from the LMS thread

Saber throw is out. In it's place, the right mouse button is now used for Saber Defense. When held down, the Jedi takes on a defensive stance which increases his chances of defending both saber attacks and enemy fire. Also, if held down in the middle of a saber swing, the swing can be brought back to the ready position mid-swing. (i.e. if you spot an attack coming just after you've swung).

That's because saber throw isn't very effective and throw your only weapon/defense is not a very "smart" move.

BTW this mod is looking great, hope the beta is coming well.
sorry if I type something wrong (this is not my primary language :P)

***Just realize I post on the wrong ForceMod thread, please forgive my mistake***

deXtoRious
03-02-2003, 05:14 PM
My e-mail is deXtoRious@inbox.lv. PLEASE LET ME BETA TEST IT!!!

bliv
03-02-2003, 05:14 PM
The bug fixes sound like the cover every known error so far. I'll keep looking for more though.

Blue_Lightsaber
03-02-2003, 06:09 PM
CVC@hvc.rr.com

SEND IT HERE SEND IT HERE SEND IT HERE SEND IT HERE

Lol jk but I really would like to beta test this mod.

Azymn
03-03-2003, 04:04 AM
lionknight - that is the single most annoying bug, and i believe it is now fixed.

Master_Payne - i do like the saber defense idea, but saberthrow is quite effective against mercs (maybe too effective). I am open to ideas on improving saber combat, but the changes would not come until a later release (after v 2.0, if there will be such a thing :) ).

The bug fixes sound like the cover every known error so far. I'll keep looking for more though.
The more, the merrier. :)

I should be getting beta 2 out to everyone at the end of the week.

Azmier
03-03-2003, 10:25 AM
As far as bugs and things I think everyone else has named off everything I have noticed, but I am having a little trouble with the model limit. For some reason it does not wanna take the cap off. Also I have one seggestion. On lvl4 speed, since it does not last that long. Maybe you could make it cost a little less forcepoint wise. Anyways that all I can see that no one else has pointed out. Keep up the good work. The mod is turning out great so far.

KaiaSowapit
03-04-2003, 12:52 AM
Mini Suggestions:

1. Make saber style (stances) bind-able, instead of forcing us to cycle through them

2. Make Force Jump's initial accent really, really fast like the movies (perhaps with the same motion-blur fx as Force Speed)

3. Un-cheat protect cg_thirdpersonrange (okay I know that's my own personal pet project, but it's really really cool - trust me! :))

4. Alter the included tckmodel.cfg so that Yoda's height is more accurate to the movies ("yoda" 0.40 0.34)

On another note... Good news! I found a solution to my anti-aliasing problem - not the most elegant, but a solution nevertheless.

I added two commands of toggleconsole to all my move binds.

Ta da! Low-tech scripting saves the day! :)

Azymn
03-04-2003, 01:38 AM
Azmier - I'm not sure i'm going to be leaving the model cap fix in...it may be causing unseen problems elsewhere (like limiting the # of maps that can load). It will require more extensive testing before it can be decidedly released.
I'll knock a few points off of ForceSpeed costs for beta 2 and see what everyone thinks.

1. Make saber style (stances) bind-able, instead of forcing us to cycle through them

Hmm...the biggest problem with that is how many binds there are already. It could be done, but taking up 5 more buttons might not be agreeable to others. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

2. Make Force Jump's initial accent really, really fast like the movies (perhaps with the same motion-blur fx as Force Speed)

I'll look into it.

3. Un-cheat protect cg_thirdpersonrange (okay I know that's my own personal pet project, but it's really really cool - trust me! )

I've seen the effect...but it's better left cheat protected b/c it gives a huge advantage to your vision if you zoom out.

4. Alter the included tckmodel.cfg so that Yoda's height is more accurate to the movies ("yoda" 0.40 0.34)

Hehe, i wish i could tell you how many people complained about the last forcemod where i released yoda at 0.37 height (which is accurate according to starwars.com) and asked to make him bigger: 0.55 if i remember right. I figure 0.47 is a good compromise, no? And you can actually hit him once or twice at that height :)

Littleman206
03-04-2003, 01:43 AM
Whats with all the saber colours? I cant stand desann with that purple and tavion with the aqua-thing! And why's he got double bladed saber!? Maul doesnt even have the "remove line fr normal saber crap" why the hell does some retarded dinosaur? Again, reborn with green shadow trooper with aqua-turquoise ****! Sith's should have red's oranges etc, jedi have the green's and purple's! Sorry about that i just get really, really worked up by small things.
Awesome mod though and i reckonm that idea for Saber defence replacing throw is really good! It just makes sense! What kinda tool throws his defense at the enemy? How many cops tak off there kevlar and throw it? Because its the same thing, well more or less anyway.
Quick idea, how about you make it so you can ONLY use your favourite weapon(double, dual or single), or to be a little less cruel animations are slowed down when using something other than it. So your favourite gets an added bonus of damage AND speed.
Finally the exmoves mod i got rules! Looks cool when Jedi are doin cartwheels and flips, unfotunately mercs look like tools. IF you could some how get it so mercs do normal rolls where as Jedi do flips it would be great. By the way it also changes idle stances to look cooler.

KaiaSowapit
03-04-2003, 03:47 AM
Hmm...the biggest problem with that is how many binds there are already. It could be done, but taking up 5 more buttons might not be agreeable to others. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Well you don't have to remove the ability to cycle, just add the option of being able to bind a stance. No one would have to assign them to a bind if they didn't want to. Personally I only use a couple stances (sometimes just one), so it's a real pain to have to cycle through them just to get to my favorites.
I'll look into it.
I don't know if or how it would affect gameplay, but for coolness factor alone... wow, you know it would look cool! :)
I've seen the effect...but it's better left cheat protected b/c it gives a huge advantage to your vision if you zoom out.
It does increase your range of vision, but somewhat at the expense of accuracy. Is it still an advantage if everyone can do it? I guess I'm fond of a more distant setting because it's the closest thing to giving the player periphial vision - it also gives the game a more "cinematic" feel. Just like timescale, IMHO it seems like a lil bit of overkill to have to resort to devmap in order to alter this. I mean it's not like evoking "god" mode. :p
Hehe, i wish i could tell you how many people complained about the last forcemod where i released yoda at 0.37 height (which is accurate according to starwars.com) and asked to make him bigger: 0.55 if i remember right. I figure 0.47 is a good compromise, no? And you can actually hit him once or twice at that height
Hehee, I suppose you're right! He is a heck of a lil bugger to hit even at 0.55. :) (Although the bots still somehow seem to manage quite well.) Usually live opponents will either change into a Yoda skin themselves or ask you to switch to a larger model. (BTW, on most servers I've been to, somehow Jawas are even smaller... go figure?!) I guess I'm a lil hung up on continuity - it bugs me to see people jetpacking who aren't using Fett skins too.

Littleman206, I don't think Azymn is responsible for the color choices in the config - I think they were set up long ago by the maker of JediMod or perhaps even Tchouky himself. Either way, it just takes a little editing in your favorite text editor to fix (private message me if you need any help).

I gotta agree with you and Master_Payne though... I always thought Saber Throw was kinda a cheap move. It's especially a pain when sabers keep getting stuck in mid-air. Rather silly I think.

Well I have a boat load more of ideas (some of them are even good too :p), but I'm trying to hold back a lil before overwhelming Syrup. :)

Keep up the great work! This mod is shaping up to be the very best ever!

And thanks again for the opportunity to beta test! You're the bomb!

Littleman206
03-04-2003, 03:55 AM
Yeah i know i can edit the sabre colours and such, but as far as i know i have to edit the pk3 meaning i cant play online then because mine is different. And yeah i know that he didnt set it but considering how easy it is to change, why not change it? FYI I'm pretty sure its been like that since jedimod v1.1.
and yeah sorry about putting all these ideas in this thread, just I tend to ramble on alot.
By the way this mod is AWESOME and i reckon your idea to add in two more powers ROCKS! Great work again and thank you for getting me back into this game!, p.s may aswell have it come with ep2 weapons just so we get jango usin his OWN guns:D sorry rambling again.

KaiaSowapit
03-04-2003, 05:03 AM
as i know i have to edit the pk3 meaning i cant play online then because mine is different.

I've changed it and I've never had a problem playing online. :)

I think it's only an issue with "pure" servers anyways, which in my experience are pretty rare when it comes to anything but vanilla JK2. But your mileage may vary. Try it and see what happens - just keep a backup.

BTW (as you prolly already know) the ep2 weapons are already available as a mod (and work just fine with ForceMod). I'd rather Azymn didn't include them, if for no other reason just to keep the download size reasonable. OmniMod does this with about a zillion useless hilt models and bulks up the file with +6mb of cr@p. That's a major pain if you ask me - especially if you already have all those mods in the first place.

I said I wouldn't do this, but just to stay on topic... ;)

More suggestions (okay, these are some big ones):

Jedi/Sith...

1. Force Heal
a. allow it for both sides, light & dark
b. make it a passive power, slowly regenerating health over time (rate determined by cvar) - does not drain Force points
c. make it also an active power - allow players to evoke it to immediately raise health by 50% or more, but at the expense of nearly their entire Force Meter (75%) - this could double for (replace) Team Heal as well

2. Force Grip (choke), Drain, Lightning, Speed, Saber Throw, Push, & Pull
a. limit effective range/duration (determined by cvar)
b. make them powerful but grossly expensive in Force points; e.g.: a single Force Push nearly completely drains the Force Meter (75%)

3. Force Jump
a. completely free - does not drain Force points (create cvar to determine maximum jump height)

4. Mind Trick
a. massively drains Force Meter, yet remains effective indefinitely until the player attacks/extends saber
b. the Force Meter does not regenerate while in effect

5. Saber skills
a. limit 2 "styles" or "stances" per type of saber use (single saber, dual saber & double bladed saber - pick the most aesthetically pleasing animation for the type of saber use)
c. define the two "styles" as "defensive" and "offensive"
i. "Defensive" - the quickest, most acrobatic and most effective in blocking, parrying and blaster deflection - less effective in overt attacking (though still potentially quite lethal)
ii. "Offensive" - extremely lethal - should kill in one or two successful hits, yet slower and less effective in blocking, parrying and blaster deflection (perhaps only against targets immediately in crosshairs) - also each click of the attack button drains the Force Meter & attacks while in this stance are dependent on having available Force points (amount of drain determined by cvar) - make this bind-able and it could be a real kick @ss replacement for alt-fire

6. Limit class to sabers only and no "power ups" such as health or shields.

7. Find a better animation for Force Sight - maybe the "glow" from Force Boon or Force Enlightenment (that yellow mess is an eyesore) - I'm not very fond of the treatments for Force Protect or Force Absorb either (maybe they could "glow" too or just simply be turned off?)

8. A saber/blaster shot to the noggin should always be fatal - end of story

Whew, almost 5am... geesh time for bed already! :p

mariners2001
03-04-2003, 05:57 PM
oh by the way, i found out the map limit was around 55 - it's always been like that though. i do not think your fixing the model limit had any effect. you should definitely leave the model fix on. it's soo much better now. also, is it possible to block the lightning/drain without absorb on?

also, any chance of ledge grabbing? hehe...this feature would make the mod for me. ;)

KaiaSowapit
03-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Somewhat off topic, but that silly Force Grip hand... is that a shader or code? I've been looking for the darn thing in assets and can't find it (thought I'd try to make some cosmetic changes to the Force Powers myself). :)

BTW, RenegadeOfPhunk is working on a mod for adding a "last man standing" mode to JK2 - could be awesome if it works with ForceMod! Maybe you two could collaborate?

RenegadeOfPhunk
03-05-2003, 07:26 AM
I personally would be very interested in making a combined mod - specifically with ForceMod. (I would be willing to merge all the code changes myself...)

But I think the idea might be more viable once I actually release my first version - so people can actually see it in action...

Master_Payne
03-05-2003, 11:11 AM
I'd love to see a fusion between ForceMod and LMS classes, specially for the saber code of the last one maybe for ForceMod 3.0 so we can play both Mods first an you may call it "Best Mod Ever Done" :P
Well thats all, now back to the shadows.

Bogus
03-05-2003, 12:00 PM
LOOKS GREAT

i take it your fed up with testing requests so ill just wait until you release the public beta. unless it is gonne take like 12 days

as for multiplayer. will any feature work in single player like the dual pistols because i see great modding posibilitys. like bounty hunter the jk2 mod. you get to be a merc and hunt people in coruscant and stuff. as well it would just be fun to shoot troopers with dual blaster and fly and stuff.

when can we expect another test run or a public beat?

Azymn
03-05-2003, 05:11 PM
oh by the way, i found out the map limit was around 55 - it's always been like that though. i do not think your fixing the model limit had any effect. you should definitely leave the model fix on. it's soo much better now. also, is it possible to block the lightning/drain without absorb on?

also, any chance of ledge grabbing? hehe...this feature would make the mod for me.

I'll leave the model limit cap off until i hear of further problems.
You should be able to block lightning right now (if i remember which code is in beta 1), but for sure in beta 2 - pure saber users block with their lightsaber.

that silly Force Grip hand... is that a shader or code?
Code using generic shaders. Copies the arm model, applies shaders to it. Even adds hilts/gun models in left hand to the graphic.

will any feature work in single player
Nay, no singleplayer modification available.

BTW, RenegadeOfPhunk is working on a mod for adding a "last man standing" mode to JK2 - could be awesome if it works with ForceMod! Maybe you two could collaborate?
Renegade and i have been discussing possibilities. :)

when can we expect another test run or a public beta?
I'm planning on releasing closed beta 2 this Saturday, if all goes well. The first public release will hopefully be bug-free, so no public betas.
The beta has helped immensely with bug-finding and such.
Thanks again everybody.

KaiaSowapit
03-05-2003, 07:25 PM
Okay, last suggestion for awhile... ;)

Implement an in-game function for servers/admins to designate which clients/bots/skins have access to Merc/Jedi features such as jetpack, dual guns, sabers, and force powers. Also hook it to a cfg file, either a new or existing one (like tckmodel.cfg), to allow off-line editing.

Thus, anal-retentive people like me can control who has access to what, online and offline. :)

Code using generic shaders. Copies the arm model, applies shaders to it.

Argh, it figures. I swear that's one of the silliest things Raven added to the game. Reason enough to use ForceMod alone! :)

Renegade and i have been discussing possibilities.

Woohoo!!!

Mace_Windu21
03-05-2003, 09:07 PM
I was wondering if I could be a beta tester? Before you answer
that, I will tell you how obsessed I am with Forcemod. I love Forcemod 1.0 so much I played only that mod since the day it came out! I haven't even d/l any other mods, because Forcemod is the Ultamate! I have prayed for the day 2.0 would come out, I even tried to make my own V2.0, though it ended in disaster, I would do pretty much anything to even beta test it! So please consider me for a beta tester! Thank you. :saberb: :lsduel: :dsaber:

My E-mail: Bit_Cloud21@yahoo.com

boinga1
03-05-2003, 09:58 PM
you're too late, man...way too late.

Deathride
03-06-2003, 09:25 AM
:fett: The only problems i had when beta testing were...

my comp crashes

and for some odd reason in nar sharrda streets yoda and boba fett had a everlasting battle on the the bottom of the map(where if u fall their you die)

good work otherwise but was wondering if it it possible if u could make it so u can zoom in on the sniper rifle when wearing the goggles.

Mace_Windu21
03-06-2003, 09:55 AM
I don't care if I am too late to be a beta tester, could you at least send me the beta version so I can try it out? Forcemod is awsome; I don't care if i'm not an official beta tester, I just want to try it.
:duel: :lsduel: :fire2: :fire3: :yoda3

Bogus
03-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Cool, You answered my questions

THUS, I have more,Only one though

when will the first public release come?

please be soon

and again my applause for doing such a great job

Azmier
03-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Alrighty I got one more suggestion.

I was wondering if it is possible to add more emotes to the game. Kinda like the ones they have in Xmod, Adminmod, and JA mod. Anyways I just thaught it would be cool. Anyways keep up the great work. Mod is looking great.

Deathride
03-06-2003, 11:34 AM
:fett: One more thing I forgot to mention,

When creating a dedicated server Isearched for the server threw the forcemod filter it only picked up forcemod beta 1 not the current one. My server wasn t on the list, yet i found it because i knew the name of the server to make sure it was a forcemod v2.0 beta and it was. You should check on this Azymn.

Mace_Windu21
03-06-2003, 03:08 PM
I was wondering if in Forcemod 2.0, if you could be a bounty hunter and a jedi at the same time (use force powers and bounty hunter items at the same time)? If you can't you should be able to, for skins that apply to both (like my custom skin, not released to the public) I like being a person that is an ex-jedi, that is now a bounty hunter. If you can't be both please make it possible. Thnaks. Also can you e-mail me the most recient beta, just to see what it's like. Thanks!
My E-mail is: Bit_Cloud21@yahoo.com
:bounfire: :blaze6:

bliv
03-06-2003, 05:44 PM
It's possible that Azymn will include a cvar for this but it is rather unlikely. Merc equipment should be viewed as an alternative to Force powers.

When choosing your model/saber hilt you also choose your class. Jedi or Merc (if the cvar is enabled). So no you can't be both.

Mace_Windu21
03-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Isn't anyone going to send me the beta? (probobly not :-( ) Please someone, anyone send me the beta, and you will be the ULTIMATE HERO OF THE 21st CENTURY! Thank you! My E-mail is: Bit_Cloud21@yahoo.com
:bdroid2: :atat: :amidala: :biggs: :fett:

Azymn
03-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Deathride - The Yoda vs Boba battle at the bottom should be fixed, and hopefully your computer won't crash with this next release either. The goggles aren't suppose to work with the scope, that will stay the same. And beta will be able to find other forcemod 2 betas online (though there shouldn't be more than about 40 total).

Bogus - Umm...dunno yet. We'll see after beta 2 has been out for a while.

Azmier - adding more emotes is unlikely, sorry :)

Mace_Windu21 - bliv is right: the mercs are a separate class and will remain as such. Someone else was developing a jedi bounty hunter mod, you'll have more luck there. Oh...and i added you to the list to test beta 2 when you first posted, so keep your pants on. :)

KaiaSowapit
03-06-2003, 09:18 PM
(slips pants back on and does best Yoda laugh...)

Hoo hoo hee hee ha ha!

:)

mariners2001
03-07-2003, 03:27 AM
(slips pants back on and does best Yoda laugh...)

um....

oh and by the way, i found the code for f_saberlockmod and f_mercdismember ....what do these do? does saberlock do that sticky thing I talked about earlier? i put it on 2 and i saw a bit of a difference...

bliv
03-07-2003, 11:54 AM
I think mercdismember gives the merc a chance to shoot an arm off an opponent or something like that.

Azymn
03-07-2003, 06:46 PM
bliv's right about f_mercdismember: you have to be using the disruptor and do quite a bit of damage, but you'll shoot through limbs if it's on.

There are a number (probably a dozen or so) of cvars for features i had planned on adding, but have not due to time. f_saberlockmod is one of them.

Mace_Windu21
03-07-2003, 08:10 PM
(Slips pants back on and sighs)
Thank for putting me on the beta test list, Azymn! But when is the beta going to be released for me to test? And where and/or how do I get it? .....
Please post back soon...

mariners2001
03-07-2003, 08:31 PM
he said earlier it'd probably be tomorrow (saturday). the first beta was received through e-mail and with a link.

Deathride
03-07-2003, 11:57 PM
:fett: if anyone feals like playing online the beta if you have :fett: the beta i ll try to run a server for this version for a couple hours... also if you want check out this link to a band peace

http://www.crossbreedmusic.com/redirect.php?sn=gogozombie

Deathride
03-08-2003, 12:01 AM
Its called Forcemod 2 beta

Deathride
03-08-2003, 12:04 AM
the name is Forcemod 2 testing

Deathride
03-08-2003, 12:17 AM
also....
Azymn in the next update can u set the amount of ammo per gun up to about 500 instead of 300.

Azymn
03-08-2003, 01:49 AM
Deathride, don't feel bad if noone joins. You shouldn't be able to make public servers until you have beta 2 - i added the ability to find other beta2 servers in it.

I'll boost the ammo limit, but lemme know if this skews the balance.

Mace_Windu21 - Didn't you just put 'em back on?

Mace_Windu21
03-08-2003, 11:24 AM
No, Azymn, that was KaiaSowapit that put his pants back on.
And the beta should be released sometime today, according to
mariners2001, so that is sweet! Hope it's soon!
(Sitting, tapping fingers, waiting for it to come.)
:ninja1: :skul2: :dev11: :vamp1: :yodaball: :racer:

Wamprat013
03-08-2003, 12:44 PM
Great mod my friend, i feel honored to be chosen to test it.

the only bug i experienced is that bots were indestructable for some reason in some games even if they fell off a cliff
As for improvements
First off, i dont like the gappleing hook, i know its unfinished but it needs to be more practical.
Next, holding down jump to use jet pack isnt as good as origonal way. just pressing jump was better. also, the old takeoff and landing sound was cool too.
make flame thrower cost less, same with lightning, especially lev 4.
speed in its upper levels is almost worthless due to lack of control. so i suggest for speed to work like max payne bullett time. its makes everything look slow to you but to everyone else your moveing really fast.

otherwise this is the single best mod for jk2 so far, hands down. thank you for your wonderful contribution to the community!

"Be excellent to eachother, and Party on, Dudes!"

Deathride
03-08-2003, 01:30 PM
:fett: for the ammo limit you should boost the ammo for mainly the blasters :jango: :fett2: :monkey4:

Wamprat013
03-08-2003, 03:02 PM
i like the more ammo idea
another bug i found is sometime you spontansously become invunerable, often, actually, u dont even die if you fall into a pit, bots do it too, i think it happens moer often when ur a merc, thats y merc bots get more kills

mariners2001
03-08-2003, 03:09 PM
I'm planning on releasing closed beta 2 this Saturday, if all goes well. The first public release will hopefully be bug-free, so no public betas.
The beta has helped immensely with bug-finding and such.
Thanks again everybody.

mariners2001
03-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Two things I noticed about Beta 2:
*Grapple is messed up with cord going in wrong directions and still no hook, retracting, detracting.
*Scope stays on after changing weapons

Looks great otherwise though! It looks greatly improved!

Wamprat013
03-08-2003, 09:40 PM
argh, damn geocities site, i need beta 2 and geocities is overflowing w/ poeple dling it, grumble... grumble

:atat: :snipe1:

P.S.: w00t, first on 3rd page!

Wamprat013
03-08-2003, 10:40 PM
other than the grappleing hook, i see only 2 things wrong with this mod
1) I cant seem to get tck sabers to work right, it just keeps reverting to the standard saber coloring (worked fine in beta 1)
2) crouching backslash dosnt work (didn't work in beta 1 either)
other than that this mod is unstopably kickass definitely the best mod for jk2 by far, puts everything else to shame
cant wait til final is out and there are 100s of servers playing ForceMod 2.0!
Also, might it be posible to change purple stance's idle animation to match green's? the fact that one saber goes into the ground all the time really annoys me, not to mention green's idle animation looks really badass, even if the stance sucks compared to purple (using two sabers).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
First words out of my mouth after playing force mod for the first time:
"Thank God for Darth_Syrup!!!!"

Bogus
03-09-2003, 02:36 AM
the Geocities site doesnt have the download

or did i miss it? (stupid Tunisian Internet)

OR is there some secret site with a dl link?

anywho look foreward to playing whenever i get a chance

bliv
03-09-2003, 05:01 AM
After 5 minutes playing

Problems

Still don't see the model for the grappling hook.

Being able to assign Merc tools to the same key as the similar Force powers. Makes them just as easy to use.

Will report back when I've had a little longer with it.

bliv
03-09-2003, 08:13 AM
The last comment about the hook isn't strictly true.

You do see the model when it's fired but not after it's hooked onto a surface.

Wamprat013
03-09-2003, 10:48 AM
another weird thing about the grapple is now, if you latch it on to somthing it pulls u across the ground til u jump or til u slide off a ledge.

also is it possible to make merc tool binds completely seperate from force so when ur a jedi u get the force and when ur a merc u get the tools? that way, u could say, bind force grip and cloak to the same key.

Flamehart
03-09-2003, 02:48 PM
Alright, just got back after a short testing period of ForceMod 2, and I found these two bugs, and I have pics as proof and will post them, if you don't want the pictures there, I'll edit and remove.

1. i accidently ended up grappling to Desann, (grapple model did not show in air, but showed the multicolored object instead, before and after attachment) and he killed me as soon as I got to him, then, when I went over to my dead body, the multicolored object was on top of it.

Proof:

http://www.navas.net/mercs/xyzbug.jpg

2. This isnt much of a bug, its about the lightsaber issues, the saber seems to have this faint white line on the edge of the blade. Also, no offense, I like the mod completely, but the way the lightsabers look visually arent pleasing, i mean, the big core an' all, even on thin.

Proof of White Line:

http://www.navas.net/mercs/sabertex.jpg

That's all I have for now, I'm going to see what else I can find. Oh yeah, and Jango is frickin hard to kill without being a Jedi! :)

Wamprat013
03-09-2003, 03:03 PM
i think that force jump is unbalanced becuase of all the fall damage a merc takes, i think there should be some alliveation of fall damage for mercs, also i think mercs should be able to jump a little higher, like 3-4x the height they can now,just so they dont have to use jetpack so much, they already got it tough from being whailed on w/ lightsaber, i think mercs should be a little more resistant to injury too, becuase they dont have saber block, so a few blaster shots souldn't phase them , and one saber throw wont set a merc back 100 health

bliv
03-09-2003, 03:16 PM
But doesn't the Jetpack compensate for Force Jump? You only save on damage if you jump first. Jump reduces the force pool, while jetpack thrusting reduces the battery pool. Therefore it seems rather balanced. If anything I'd ask the Mercs shouldn't be able to wall run as it's rather unrealistic that they can reach a perpendicular platform by running up a wall. Health is similar. A merc can strike from a long range with all their weapons. They should use this to their advantage to keep a Jedi away.

Wamprat013
03-09-2003, 04:22 PM
ya, but the problem is that regular, un force enhanced jump is unrealistically short even for ust a regular guy. And, who's to say what kind of technology mercs could use to jump a little higher than normal? i mean boba fett had most of his nerves removed so he'd feel less pain. and the distance thing it is good, but the only problem is what is a merc's counterpart for lightsaber defence? or what if the jedi is a "lightsaber & guns" sort? by the way i dont think there should be a lightsaber and guns jedi. in jedi v merc mode u should have to chose one or the other.

MasterKoon237
03-09-2003, 05:27 PM
what with the realease of this thing i thought it was gonna be out yesterday! But i guess i can wait

mariners2001
03-09-2003, 06:02 PM
the insider's beta was released yesterday....it is not known when the public will be released. if you want to become a beta tester, i'd drop your e-mail here

MasterKoon237
03-09-2003, 06:07 PM
Okay mine is mayaglubpany@aol.com . But i thought he was'nt taking anymore BETA testers?

KaiaSowapit
03-09-2003, 06:51 PM
un force enhanced jump is unrealistically short even for ust a regular guy
Who are you, Micheal Jordan? :)
what is a merc's counterpart for lightsaber defence?
Umm... shields?
i dont think there should be a lightsaber and guns jedi. in jedi v merc mode u should have to chose one or the other
Amen brother... I couldn't agree more. Technically, I think there should be three classes; Jedi, Mercs, and regular Joes (no saber, force, or merc goodies).

Which brings me to my only beef so far with beta 2 (phenominal mod)...

My Battledroids spawn with sabers. Argh.

Jango's been a good boy so far (well good if you mean bad ass!). He sticks to guns and merc goodies. I'd still like to see more bot use of the jetpack... but I don't know how you'd code that. BTW, that new flame thrower fx ROCKS! Awesome, awesome work!

I've got to do a little more testing, but so far Desann sticks to force powers and his trusty saber. Looking good there.

But the Battledroids... hmm. They run around almost exclusively with sabers - weird since I've modified their bot files so they aren't saber specialists and have zero preference for using sabers. They also have absolutely no force powers. Very strange they now obsess in using them. Stranger still, they've managed to beat me a couple times with them. That's not right! :p

Also, I've yet to do any digging in the .pk3 file, but suddenly "Han Solo" appears as one of my bot choices. Hehee... me thinks a little bot file still snuck it's way into beta 2. :)

Lastly, someone brought up altering stances... their idles, etc.. I've seen this before in little mini-mods (you might wanna take a peek at some of them like "Cool Moves" and "Jedi Moves" - though my favorite is "Mace Stances") - I'm curious how they do this. I can see they are altering the _humanoid/animation.cfg file... I just don't know what their reference is - how do they know what to change to what? Anyone have a clue? I'd love to fiddle with this myself.

Anyhow, thanks again Syrup for the opportunity to beta! You're the bomb!

Wamprat013
03-09-2003, 10:37 PM
I have an idea. Mercs need somthing to combat saber defence. I give you deflector screen. A new merc goodie that, when the key is pressed and held, an impenetreble shield (that deflects blaster fire) goes up in a small arc around your crosshairs, so you can aim it. Large enough to defend your torso but not large enough to defend the whole body, like a shield from roman times. it would of course drain your battery faster than any other thing though.

On another note, I am not Michael Jordan, it just these guys jump about 2 feet high!

I think that the mercs should have the skills of a Jet Li or Jackie Chan, I mean a Merc wouldn't live long if he couldn't do some jumping and dodging.

:deathstar <-------------- :x-wing:

:luke: "This is red 5, I'm goin' in!"

Wamprat013
03-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Hell Ya!! I graduated to pit droid!! No more Bantha Fodder for me!! :p :D :cool:

KaiaSowapit
03-10-2003, 02:29 AM
Update:

Seems that if there isn't a specific flag set in a bot's file (merc - as instructed in the readme) the bot takes on the role of Jedi/Merc or "Jerc" - heehee!

Me no likey Jercs! :p

Azymn, how bout adding a flag for bots that aren't Jedi or Mercs? Either that or add a seriously watered-down merc class... say blasters only?

Wamprat013, I hear what you're saying... but I somewhat disagree. I don't think Mercs need something to combat saber defense - first off saber defense isn't all that it's cracked up to be... second, Mercs already have personal and portable shields - and they can recharge them using the battery. I think giving Mercs more goodies would be unbalancing.

Ultimately, it's melee vs. ranged fighting. Jedi are the Jackie Chan, acrobatic, melee fighters - Mercs are the big gun toting ranged fighters. It's hard enough to get close to them - if they could jump like Jet Li, you'd never wack one with your happy glow stick of death. :p

Oh and by the way, Azymn, perhaps this is a dumb question, but do we still need/use the assets_forceMod.pk3? I've got it in there, but on quick lookey loo inside the pk3, it looks like it's the same stuff as in the mod itself... is this redundant or necessary?

Another suggestion...

Allow players to "spec out" their favorite setups, like model/skin, saber, saber colors, force powers, etc. and save them into a .cfg - sorta like how force powers theoretically lets you save custom settings (I've never gotten that feature to work, even in vanilla JK2). It would be cool to join a server and choose your favorite setups from a menu or something rather than having to scroll around and pick them manually every time. Just a thought. :)

bliv
03-10-2003, 02:32 AM
I still think the jumping is fine.

To get rid of the saber thing.

Go into the your battledroidmodel .pk3 file. Extract the sciprts folder with the .bot file in it.

Open it.

{
Name
Model
SaberColor
etc.
}

Add, inside the brackets, Merc. And the value 1, 2, 3.

Read the How to make a Merc file in your beta2 directory for more.

KaiaSowapit
03-10-2003, 02:56 AM
Thanks bliv... um, but I got that. :)

My problem is what if you want a Stormtrooper bot that neither uses a saber NOR a jetpack, cloak, flame thrower, etc.?

Yes, I'd like some easy targets for my uber Jedi/Mercs! :p

bliv
03-10-2003, 06:23 AM
But the bots on initiate difficulty and use the cvars to disable merc funtions and jetpacks etc for bots?

I think there is a cvar for that.

cvarlist f_

look in there.

KaiaSowapit
03-10-2003, 08:03 AM
bliv, I appreciate your help... but I don't think you understand...

Picture this scenario:

Three bots...

1. Jedi, saber only (Mace Windu)

2. Merc (Jango Fett)

3. Trooper (BattleDroid)

I'd like all three in the same game.

If I turn off Merc cvars, Jango is a wuss.

If I leave them on, Battledroid carries a saber.

That's the problem.

I don't want a Merc or Jedi Battledroid. I want Merc & Jedi features for some bots, just not all.

Can you dig it? :)

Bogus
03-10-2003, 10:39 AM
all this is cool and all but where is Azymn Amidst all this beta testing

Where did he go?

bliv
03-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Ah right see what you are saying now.

Give me time to take a look. I've not been on my Outcast compatible comp since Sunday morning.

bliv
03-10-2003, 11:30 AM
I can't see any possible way to get the battletrooper thing sorted.

I can only suggest that Azymn adds another class to the Mercs. How about 'Field Trooper' or 'Grunt' etc. With the only weapons available being Blaster Pistol and Blaster Rifle or something. Just while I'm on the point of classes maybe a Sniper class should be added with emphasis on cloaking and ammo regeneration.

And one final thing. Remove the map limit thingy like you did with the model images. It's really annoying to have a limit.

Azymn
03-10-2003, 05:01 PM
I'll try to hit as many replies as i can before i head up to take a test (i'm in school, that's where i've been)

mariners2001 - I'll check out the scope code, but the grapple isn't finished (the little bugger, i've put it off to get other stuff up and runnin...).

Wamprat013 - Which Tck menu are you using? How do you exit from it?
And with crouching backslash - do you crouch, press back, and hit attack and it doesn't work? If you make Merc binds separate from the equivalent forcepowers, you CAN'T use the same key for both, you'd have to have 5 more separate keys for each merc power. The way it is now, you can have cloak and mindtrick on the same key, which is the most economical.

AOTJ_Craig - That xyz line is a remnant of a lack of model for the anchored hook. I'll check out the lightsaber graphics - i threw them together really quick and just shrunk the thin core from the base tck_saber jpgs.

KaiaSowapit - Han Solo and Jango Fett are the only two *.bot files in beta 2, put there for reference :) To make your battledroids, you can set f_powerbots to 0 - that should get rid of their lightsabers & forcepowers.

Azymn, how bout adding a flag for bots that aren't Jedi or Mercs? Either that or add a seriously watered-down merc class... say blasters only?

I'll add a trooper class to the next build so you can have basic stormtroopers in the future.

i dont think there should be a lightsaber and guns jedi. in jedi v merc mode u should have to chose one or the other
[\quote]
I'll be setting it up so that "Saber Only" servers will force all jedi to use sabers exclusively.

[quote]
do we still need/use the assets_forceMod.pk3?

I think so....i added the files to both just in case, but for some reason the menus don't seem to display the new force levels (Sith Apprentice, Sith Lord, etc...) unless they're in the base directory. You could remove it and see.

Remove the map limit thingy like you did with the model images. It's really annoying to have a limit.

I'll take a look.

Mace_Windu21
03-10-2003, 07:45 PM
I think the following:
1. Have the mercs be able to jump a little higher, so they can at least get up a 2-foot wall. (even I can jump even higher, like 3-feet in the air)
2. Fix the grapple's look when it is attached to something, and have it pull you straight towords your target, not drag you on the ground until you jump, ect.
3. Mercs need some way, other than the jetpack, to get the jedi away from them. Add like a simple 1-button push that does like a kick or add a force power that stuns, or blinds the jedi for like 6 seconds so he/she can get away.
There you have it.

MasterKoon237
03-10-2003, 08:06 PM
I need some help. I can't get the bot's to be anyone other than the person i pick! Can someone help?

Deathride
03-10-2003, 10:14 PM
I haven t spent much time playing this mod but the time i spent i thought it was much improved. Out of curiousity i was wondering if Azymn could include a more of a fett class and try making some of the weapons like in Bounty Hunter for PS2. Such as poison darts, id scanning system, gaunylet whipcord, and instead of stunner have them use fists as last resort. :jango:

KaiaSowapit
03-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Hehee, I have a suggestion... name the final release, "ForceMod II: the Mandalorian Edition." :)

Deathride
03-10-2003, 10:33 PM
hey i kow it would be make it harder to develop but i think it would make it even better then it is.

darthmaul_541
03-11-2003, 12:09 AM
:jango: Well now lets see...Alright now i diddnt look but im sure everyone else has told you about these bugs but i dont know so...Ok first of all the grapple hook has the multi color thing going on wich is weird and i also thought the grapple wire should be either black or white not blue it just looks too messed up. This sux! I cant attach a pic! Well... I guess everyone knows about the mutil color grapple anyway so there is no reason to attach it. Also whats up with the sabers? The thin blade is WAY WAY WAY too big and the wide pretty much covers the whole blade! I also downloaded the cartwheel and when i have 2 blasters and try cart wheeling it screws up :( I dont know what it is but when i cartwheel it starts out fine but at the end when i stand back up again i stay with my waist twisted and my guns in the air (like i just stoped cartwheeling but even if i walk around i am still like it!) and the only way to get rid of it is (as far as i know) jumping off something high and falling to the ground. And another thing is i was wondering if there was any way to make a rocket firing jetpack and i dont think it would be hard to make either like when you switch to it you would knee down and put your head against your chest then when you fire it would just send a rocket from you back. Well anyway i think this is a VERY good mod for playing as merc's but NOT as jedi if i will play as a jedi then i will use the first forcemod mainly cuz of the saber blades. So 8/10 (thats good considering the bugs such as the grapple, saber, and the cartwheel) :fett:

mariners2001
03-11-2003, 12:17 AM
yeah...the main thing that bugs me is the width of the blades. i like the option for wide, normal, and thin but it's still too wide.

and i also experienced the line problem on the thin saber.

Azymn
03-11-2003, 12:50 AM
I also downloaded the cartwheel

"The cartwheel"? Well, whoever made the cartwheel didn't expect anyone but jedi with lightsabers to use it (Raven didn't expect people with guns to do flips and the like), which could be the problem...

yeah...the main thing that bugs me is the width of the blades. i like the option for wide, normal, and thin but it's still too wide.

Good to know, but interesting...out of the 3 saber blade thickness, the normal one is the same exact file from ForceMod 1 & JediMod (which is one Tchouky modified for his mod). I took out one line of code at Tchouky's suggestion because he said it would make them look just like the originals, but i guess not, eh? :)

The thin one is the normal normal blade shrunk down, and the wide ones are the "perfect ep2 sabers" by StarWars from jk2files.com.
There will be at least 5 types of blades in the final release, including Exar Kun blades. I was going by what was most downloaded at jk2files.com.
If you have any other requests/preferences, lemme know.

darthmaul_541
03-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Well then the "perfect EP2 saber" maker made the core too big cuz its almost like the whole saber is just made of the core and nothing else. Anyway i just thought of something...If someone could make a lightsaber coloring thing (TCK saber mod or something) then why cant someone make something that you can choose your lightsaber core with the color (i am not talking about how you have it where its just thin normal or wide i am talking about diffining the size of your core so it can be whatever size you want) Well anyway it was just a thought and i know it most likly wont be possible but maybe it is i dunno. Also what do you think about the rocket firing jetpack? Would that be possible? I mean common if you can make 2 blasters and whoever it was that made the two sabers and all the other amazing things couldnt it be possible it make those things?

Darth Pablix
03-11-2003, 09:38 AM
excelent!

-in some cases, when i used the ammo regen, its consumed batteries as normal. but when i used again, dont eats battery, it just was stopped in regeneration. I was wielding the dual balster and jetpack on the two times

- its possible to CARRY more than a sentry?

- mercs may have some way to confront an flying lightsaber, i think
(maybe turns off the lightsaber when you shoot it)

- how to use the grapple!!!!!?????:atat: :fett:

Bogus
03-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Lots is being done and Im getting more excited by the minuet

Whats the ETA on a public "release"

If I keep watching all the resonses I could almost Imagine Myself playing even though ive never seen it

ONE thing. in beta 1 how the heck do you become a merc?

Azymn
03-11-2003, 01:46 PM
darthmaul_541 - All those things are possible, but i'm not planning on adding any more new features so we can release this mod in the near future. :) Perhaps a later edition.

-in some cases, when i used the ammo regen, its consumed batteries as normal. but when i used again, dont eats battery, it just was stopped in regeneration. I was wielding the dual balster and jetpack on the two times

Were you full of ammo? It should only stop if you've maxed out your ammo supply. Lemme know if this is not the case.

- its possible to CARRY more than a sentry?

No.

- mercs may have some way to confront an flying lightsaber, i think
(maybe turns off the lightsaber when you shoot it)

I'll try to find some way to balance this, as it's the most powerful weapon against mercs. Does everyone else agree that saberThrow is too strong?

- how to use the grapple!!!!!?????

Look in the menus under controls->forcemod and bind it to a key, and make sure in the main forcemod menu that your class can use it.

Oh.....bliv and KaiaSowapit - try making the droids merc 4 right now....it just might have the effect you want in making them basic droids without having to set f_powerbots to 0.

darthmaul_541
03-11-2003, 02:14 PM
Yea i think it would be...a little better if there was some way to destroy a saberthrow but...it that even near possible? Well anway who here is ibidetalitis? Well i gots to go so cya all later.

Bart Skywalker
03-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Is there a way to select the flamethrower as a weapon? The screens had it but I can't figure how to do it.
When you model the grapple, what are you going to model it after? Jango's grapple would be good.
I know you don't want to put in new features now, but if you make a later version a jetpack missle would be great. It would aslo be cool if you could make lightning come out of two hands :lightning , if that's posible.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. You know how you can select thin, standard, or thick blades. Could you make it so we could download different kinds of blades (flame, super, Jk1, etc.) and be able to select them like that?

Deathride
03-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Out of curiousity i was wondering if Azymn could include a more of a fett class and try making some of the weapons like in Bounty Hunter for PS2. Such as poison darts, id scanning system, gaunylet whipcord, and instead of stunner have them use fists as last resort. :jango: ?

bliv
03-11-2003, 05:43 PM
In the screens the flamethrower is accessed using the 'next force power' & 'use force power' hotkeys. It's not actually a weapon. In beta one it wasn't bound to any keys.

Wamprat013
03-11-2003, 08:20 PM
First, in responce to Syrup, it's the new Tck mod I am using, that came with beta 2, it gets overruled by the standard saber color. If it do it from the main menu, the Tck sabers notice dosn't appear in place of the standard color menu, and if I set my tck sabers to green and blue, and the standard one is red, my sabers are red.

Next, it's not that saber throw is too strong, it's that mercs are more defenceless than jedi. Jedi have a Really good passive way of defence, their saber, and the only way of penetrateing it is like a rocket or hitting them in back, etc. Mercs should have somthing like this to defray their use of shield regen, becuase its just kinda slow. I suggest a Merc gaget thats somthing like the shield gun from Unreal Tournament 2003, it projcts a shield in front of you (that you can aim w/ crosshairs) for as long as your battery holds up, or until you let off the key. It should be large enough to protect your torso and head, but not too big. You should be able to aim it in any direction around you, up, down, left, and right, like you aim lightning or flamethrower. The problem is that Lucas arts designed the game so lightsaber would be best weapon by far, I am just trying to get the mercs a good fighting chance aganst powerful jedi. See the balance really is based upon if your have the force rank set low or high. "One with the force" is Really fun but mercs have a slim chance aganst a bunch of good players with Yoda-level powers. Another reason the shield is good is rapid fire weapons like the repeater or the Blast rifle shoot a spread of shots that are hard to dodge especially with a Jango bot or sombody with good aim, the jedi ned not worry too much about this becuase of their saber defence, all they have to do is use their lightsaber specialty, and aim at the person, and their saber defence blocks all that punishment, the Merc shield should be about 5 secconds to drain a whole battery, long enough for a merc to run away, that way a merc dosn't have to be taking damage all the time and rechargeing. Mabie if you would replace the current shield wall pickup with the merc tool sheild it would be more balanced? I am just trying to make my point. Mabie you only give this gaget to heavy mercs? I think it will be a good addition to the game, balanceing not only Jedi v Merc combat, but Merc v Merc combat.

Finally, can you make the view in the optic goggles a little less dark? So you can see the terrain a little better; and estimate where wour target is, even if you dont know the map well. It would also help to know if they were behind a wall or not. Right now there just a little too dark to be very practical.

Once the grappleing hook is completely finished, the other merc gagets are optimized, the mercs should be able to hold their own aganst even the most powerful jedi.

(This is a long post, mabie I ramble too much? Anyway, I think the current title is good: "Force Mod II: The Mercs Strike Back". It's poetic and has a major Starwars Tie-in.)

darthmaul_541
03-11-2003, 09:05 PM
:jango: Yea i agree with wamprat the mercs are WAY too defensless and i mean common they do have alot of amour but whenever someone is shooting at me and i run away they still have a good lock on me and even when i am flying they still shoot at me and my life drains like hell. I think the mercs shields should be alot bigger and last longer cuz they do have amour and lots pretty much covering thier whole body. Well anyway i need to go and watch LOTR:The fellowship of the ring exstended DVD with my bro so ttyl :fett:

Mace_Windu21
03-11-2003, 09:14 PM
Posted by me earlier:
Originally posted by Mace_Windu21
I think the following:
1. Have the mercs be able to jump a little higher, so they can at least get up a 2-foot wall. (even I can jump even higher, like 3-feet in the air)
2. Fix the grapple's look when it is attached to something, and have it pull you straight towords your target, not drag you on the ground until you jump, ect.
3. Mercs need some way, other than the jetpack, to get the jedi away from them. Add like a simple 1-button push that does like a kick or add a force power that stuns, or blinds the jedi for like 6 seconds so he/she can get away.
There you have it.
I still think those are good suggestions, but I also noticed that when you lock on to someone with the rocket launcher and fire, it never locks, it just fires straight. I also think you should be able to use the original saber colors, when you choose you thickness, you can turn that off, and use the standard ones.

KaiaSowapit
03-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Does everyone else agree that saberThrow is too strong?
Personally I've never been a fan of saber throw. I think it's more a gimmick than anything - a cheap move. There's perhaps one brief moment in either ROTJ or ESB where Vader does something kinda like it, but not quite what we have in the game. That said, if you removed it from the mod, I'm sure there would be more people upset than when you made Yoda accurate in height. (How's that for irony? :p)

What if every time a saber was thrown it fell to the ground and deactivated after it collided with something or reached the apex of its flight - with a couple seconds delay (f_saberdroptime) before the Sith/Jedi could recall the hilt? In other words, take out the "boomerang" effect. Also, what about removing the ability to "steer" a thrown saber? I think players would be less likely to abuse saber throw if changes like these were made. But if nothing else, you could simply boost the drain on the Force meter.

Wamprat, although the feature you describe from Unreal Tournament 2003 sounds cool, it ain't Star Wars. :)

3. Mercs need some way, other than the jetpack, to get the jedi away from them.

You can grapple, fly, run & cloak... honestly isn't that enough already? Mercs still have one huge advantage over sabers - ranged attack. Exploit it. Don't let the Jedi get near you. Don't stand still in one place.

I believe Mercs played appropriately are quite formidable, especially given all the goodies thrown in. I think they're hardly defenseless, but that's just my opinion.

This is blasphemy, but I'll dare mentioning one feature I like from OmniMod (ugh, OmniMod)...

Realism. Yeah nobody ever uses it, but it's really cool and goes a long way to improve game balance. Basically the old cvar from JediMod was revamped. This is from the readme.txt:

- skillmode changes

mod_skillmode 1 -- locational gun damage, Shield negates locational bonuses.

mod_skillmode 2 -- locational gun damage, with target falling if hit in leg. Shield negates locational bonuses.

- Realism Mode with Skillmode 1 or 2

mod_realism 1 -- instant death if hit in torso, head or back. Shield negates this to normal damage. Guns Only.

mod_realism 2 -- same as #1, with sabers doing the same.

mod_realism 3 -- same as #2, except shields dont stop sabers.

Essentially, one well-placed blaster shot to the noggin will take down a Jedi (or anyone for that matter), which is how I think it should be. Sabers are lethal, guns are lethal. It really raises the stakes of combat. Blindly rushing opponents is foolhardy - forcing players to use tactics. This, to me, makes more sense in relatively small battles among 8-16 players online.

Lastly, Force powers. I have a radical suggestion... drop the point system. In its place, allow players to choose 1-3 "primary" Force power(s) and several "secondary" ones from an in-game menu. For example:

Jedi Joe joins a server that allows him to pick 2 "primary" powers. He decides he wants to excel at Force Lightning and Force Grip. He is now a master of both. He also gets to choose 3 "secondary" powers. Joe goes with Force Jump, Saber Attack and Saber Throw. He's capable of using those powers, but by no means as proficient at them as his primary ones.

Just an idea to simplify the game and add a little more balance. :)

Blue_Lightsaber
03-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Okay I haven't played the mod long just noticed it in my mailbox, but I have noticed some bugs.

===BUGS===

The ever obvious grappling hook problem. Shoots an XYZ cord and doesn't work until you jump or move forward.

I've only played for a short time and this is all I have noticed so far. Ill report back once I gather more feedback and bugs.

Azymn
03-12-2003, 12:50 AM
Could you make it so we could download different kinds of blades (flame, super, Jk1, etc.) and be able to select them like that?

You wouldn't just be able to cycle thru new ones, but if you renamed the new ones you could easily swap a new one in for one of the old ones. There will be more to pick from in the final beta.

Deathride - the classes will pretty much stay as is for this release.

Wamprat013 - make sure that the tck_saber cvar is 1 to use tck sabers. I'll change the battery regen rate on higher forceRank levels to try to compensate for the boost the jedi get, but remember that "One with the Force" is more of a cheat as it gives all forcepowers from both sides, stripping all jedi of their class and identity.

Everyone else think the goggles are too dark?

Mace_Windu21 - Keep trying with the rocket launcher. And the regular sabers won't get the thickness treatment because i'd have to do ~18 saberblade reskins (3 for each color), which probably isn't going to happen. :)

...if you removed it from the mod, I'm sure there would be more people upset than when you made Yoda accurate in height. (How's that for irony? :))

Too true. :)

KaiaSowapit - For now, I'll add more settings for mod_skillmode that boosts the damage taken to each area. The force power idea is good, but is a bit radical. :)

lionknight
03-12-2003, 02:01 AM
Excellent job on fixing those previous bugs, the most annoying things now in my opinion is the grapple, which I see is headed in the right direction with the new swing effect, and the bots need to be able to use the jetpack better. Is there a setting which makes the bots use the jetpack more often? and is jango the only one scripted to use it? Great job, really enjoying testing.

darthmaul_541
03-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Well i just played it again and i saw that whenever I died by lightsaber (death by lightsaber lol) i ALWAYS got chopped up and dismemberd but whenever i killed someone else they would die in one piece whats up with that? I was also thinking how Jango Fett is alot like Micheal Sulivan (watch Road To Perdition if you dont know what im talking about) or also known as The Black Angel Of Death i think jango it alot like him cuz he is the baddest badass bounty hunter and he has boba that he treats like his own son so he has a kind side but then again he has a very dark side...anyway i cant attach files on lucasforums (dont know why) so i am posting a pic i made of jango at this address > http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65519 <

Bogus
03-12-2003, 10:00 AM
seeing as dropping an email could work

here goes nothing: Floor_it@hotmail.com

If you dont mind you could send it to me because its seems like this is the thing to play (test)

I would love to help out and give constructive ideas

Cya

Padawan_7
03-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by KaiaSowapit
[B]Personally I've never been a fan of saber throw. I think it's more a gimmick than anything - a cheap move. There's perhaps one brief moment in either ROTJ or ESB where Vader does something kinda like it, but not quite what we have in the game.

Just for the sake of knowing, Vader does something similar to the saber throw in ROTJ and Dooku in AOTC actually throws his saber with more of a JKII style.

Dooku's saber throw is hard to see, but it's his saber throw that actually connects with his sail ship right after Yoda jumps on it (near the very end of their duel). I have the widescreen DVD version so I don't know if this is visible in the other versions.

To see it look at the very bottom right of the screen in that particular shot (and zoom in if you have the DVD ;) ). Watching frame by frame you'll see (if I can remember it correctly) that the first part of the saber that enters the screen is Dooku's saber hilt with absolutely no hand gripping it! Then as you progress in the following frames you can see that the saber possesses a similar JKII 'boomerang' type spin as the blade spins around to hit the sail ship. Interesting huh? :D

My brother discovered that one as he watched the fight scenes in slow motion. ;)

darthmaul_541
03-12-2003, 02:03 PM
well well well that sounds interesting....i think im gonna check it out later tonight.

KaiaSowapit
03-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Padawan_7, hehee I couldn't resist looking at my DVD also. I thought I knew the shot you were talking about during the duel with Yoda, but I was ready to eat my words. :)

Sorry, on closer inspection, Dooku's hand never leaves his saber - it's there, just very motion-blurred. You've got to watch frame-by-frame on a computer or high-def tv to see it, but it's there. The swiveling or "boomerang" type spin is just his natural style; he does it consistently throughout the fight.

On another note, watch Yoda's eyes - you can see Dooku's reflection in them. Very cool stuff!

Syrup, too radical to code or too radical for the fans to accept? Hehee. :)
(I'm not married to the idea, just curious.)

Flamehart
03-12-2003, 07:07 PM
OK, just tried some more, got some more bugs.

1. Messed with the grapple for a bit, I found this weird error at the top of the screen when trying to walk or something when the grapple anchors.

http://www.navas.net/mercs/what.jpg

2. Body is in weird position after releasing grapple, and walks that way for a few seconds before resuming normal posture.

http://www.navas.net/mercs/grappleissue.jpg

3. Desann has a tendancy for throwing his purple doubleblade at me, but it freezes in the air after he throws it, not to mention Desann constantly has one of those floating drones around his head.

http://www.navas.net/mercs/sabererror.jpg

4. When using the Ep2Weapons mod that came with Omnimod2 (ugh), the Sniper rifle didnt seem to cloak fully when using it along with Cloaking on the Mercs.

http://www.navas.net/mercs/cloakissue.jpg

That's all for now. Btw, pics from my last report are gone now because I had to take them off my family server so i could have space for these pics.

lionknight
03-12-2003, 07:50 PM
The bots seemed to use the jetpack in beta 1 but not in beta 2. Is this everyone or just me? Is there a different setting in the console for the bots to use the jetpack. I tried the menu option and I still can't get them to use the jetpack like in beta 1.

Azymn
03-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Syrup, too radical to code or too radical for the fans to accept?

The fans man, the fans. :)

AOTJ_Craig - Thanks for the pics...they help. I'll get workin on those.

The bots seemed to use the jetpack in beta 1 but not in beta 2. Is this everyone or just me?
I took out the botfiles that made all the bots mercs b/c they were causing crashes on a few people's systems. So only Jango Fett and Han Solo mercbots remain...you could add the other botfiles back in and see if it fixes what you're dealing with. Also, you should be able to just give a jetpack to all the mercbots thru the menus. Lemme know if this doesn't work.

Flamehart
03-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Your welcome for the pics, Azymn, I'll see if I can find some more bugs, I'll continue posting pictures, but you might want to save them onto ur HD if you need them, because when i get a new batch of pictures they're going to be deleted from my server.

darthmaul_541
03-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Well i was playing against TK421's and they would use the jetpack. Also how the heck can i choose how many fire thrusts i want? Cuz i want 3 but i can never pick

Azymn
03-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Also how the heck can i choose how many fire thrusts i want?

Jetpack menu or cf_jetpacktype cvar.

BTW - If any of you find ANY problems (misspellings/not working/looks funny) with the menus lemme know, because they're the final version now.

lionknight
03-13-2003, 09:58 AM
I had to completly remove all the old mod files, I had removed all the old files in Jedioutcast/gamedata, but there are still some left in base folder (This will really screw up your day!). I removed those to and I reinstalled beta 2 and jango is kicking much ass with the jetpack now. I am going to test giving bobba fett a jetpack in the script to see what happens? This mod really blows all other mods out, the merc options give this game such a great depth. Darth_syrup do you think that the grapple will be able to be fixed? I see what you are trying to do with it, if it would function without bugs it would be a great addition. Is there any one running a server for beta 2? I don't know if it is a bug but I sometimes have a problem joining a game when the bots are already in place. It tells me I cannot switch teams within 5 seconds and it does not let me join, I have to kick the bots of and then restart and then add the bots again. I don't know if it has something to do with changeing from jedi to merc within the same game? Thanks

Bogus
03-13-2003, 12:41 PM
I must say, after trying it out it is by far the best mod EVER for jk2

Having said that, there are a few MINOR details:

1) i cant seem to get the dual blasters to come up ( i havent tried the cvar yet so that may be it) but I was the right class

2) some teeny animation issues. the dual pistols are frozen (im guessing that cant be fixed) and while holding them in 3rd Person his arms look funny

3) my Merc menu has no descrtiptions it gives me ??? under all the icons (is it supposed to do that?)

4) MINOR MINOR detail: the flamethrower sounds funny

other that that I really am impressed

GOOD work. :p

Darth Pablix
03-13-2003, 02:19 PM
hi!

im still testing the beta and i found some things like following:

- it happens again! i was wielding dual blasters, jetpack was on (no airborn, just stand in floor whit jetpack activated).
My battery was half filled, and recovering power. Then I activate the ammo charger (ammo level was in middle) -near 140
i think- and this ammo level begins to increase, but battery, instead to reduce its charge, just stopped its regeneration.
This is great for me!! but i think doesnt must work like that. am i wrong? hehe, whatever, when the ammo chargeing ends,
battery begins to recharge itself again normally, but never, NEVER reduced its charge. An important thing: in a beginning,
this happens only in certain cases, and it seems to be randomly (Exist this word?) But now it happens ALWAYS. i dont have
any other mods, (just models like jango boba and others) "jedi vs merc = mercmod", "supermerc= 1"
"forceregenerate= 1" under these settings happens in first time, but i tested it in different sets and it still happens.
Maybe i have a problem with cvars, i dont know. Reply if someone have this bug. I repeat this bug is great for me...

- i got to tell the grappleig hook is still missing... i read some people was using it, but i got still the XYZ coord of the
previous beta, and the cord line is like a trip mine sensor ray... is necesary to activate it in some way? this is what i
mean when i asked how to use it. Understand now? Im afraid im not an excelent english speaker or writter u know.

- i made tests in a pentium 3 600mh w/voodoo3 16mb 128ram; and a pentium 3 700mh w/tnt2 32mb

- and, hehe... i know this is not the topic but... someone knows if is possible to fix the visual annoyance in jk2 using
voodoo3 videocard?

bye

:deathii:

Master_Payne
03-13-2003, 03:08 PM
I was reading the last 2 pages and I find someone (sorry, dont remember who) said something of ading "realism".
Personally I think is a useless code, never understand why mod_realism if its the same that type g_saberDamageScale that comes in with the base JK2 (or maybe no1 nows...)

edit. and forgot to mention... saberthrow may be disabled if U R the server or an admin, just the same of disabling any specific force power (i.e. lightning) or was that in omnimod? if not maybe add a feature to turn sabertrhow on and off, cause yes, even without mods is too effective (can imagine if cannot be bloqued)
In this way if people gets upset for dont having saberthrow will be "fault" of the server and not the mod itself.

Azymn
03-13-2003, 03:44 PM
lionknight - the only files that would conflict are the files in base from some other mod. Other files in gamedata are fine as long as they are in their own mod folder.
And i sure hope i can fix the grapple. :)
I'll check out the join server with bots bug.

Bogus - 1) - Check the menus for the dualgun settings and then if you're a heavy soldier and you have dualguns bound to the right key, it should work.
2) - I don't have a lot of room to work with no new animations. :) But if they're not pointing forward or they don't transition smoothly somewhere, lemme know.
3) - Do you have assets_forceMod.pk3 in your \base directory?
4) - If you have another sound file, i'll check it out. :)

Darth Pablix - lookin into that stuff, as in the email i sent you.

Master_Payne - Good point on saberThrow. But the realism stuff is not just for sabers, it's for guns too...and it's body part specific.

darthmaul_541
03-13-2003, 03:50 PM
Yea i was looking for a jetpack menu but i couldnt find one anywhere all there is is the TCK saber thing and under controls there is a forcemod control menu but its not there either i cant find it please help! Where is the jetpack menu at? Thanx for the help sofar and i think its going very well.

Azymn
03-13-2003, 03:52 PM
The jetpack menu is under the forcemod menu on the main screen at startup...should be easy to find when you start the game.

darthmaul_541
03-13-2003, 06:03 PM
it was a little hard to find it was under the Rules menu but i did find it and i dont like the tri thrusts i think it looks weird cuz there are only 2 emiters (think i spelt that right) on all the jetpack models there are isnt a third or just one letalone so i am sticking with the 2 thrusts. But can someone make a mando model that you can pick how many emiters you want? Cuz even if someone makes one with 3 then there will be the other 2 emty if you want 1 thrust so a model with 1 2 or 3 would be cool

KaiaSowapit
03-13-2003, 07:09 PM
I was reading the last 2 pages and I find someone (sorry, dont remember who) said something of ading "realism". Personally I think is a useless code, never understand why mod_realism if its the same that type g_saberDamageScale that comes in with the base JK2 (or maybe no1 nows...)

...the realism stuff is not just for sabers, it's for guns too...and it's body part specific.

Yup! :)

"Realism" is much more (ideally) than just increasing the overall damage a saber or blaster can do. It's the difference between getting shot in the foot and shot in the face. "Realistically" getting shot in the foot shouldn't kill you - getting shot in the face however... well you do the math. :)

And speaking of getting shot in the foot... I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think one really cool realism feature of that other mod (*cough, cough*) is that if you get shot in the leg, you fall down for a brief moment (similar to losing a saber lock). More than just eye candy, it can completely turn around a battle. Fun stuff. :) Would be a great addition to damaged weapons/jetpack. Hope you're considering adding a similiar feature Syrup.

Regardless, this mod is rocking... keep up the great work! :)

P.S. I just remembered a form of "laming" you might want to take into consideration too. Currently, players can kick while under Mind Trick without becoming visible. This can be very abused. Perhaps you could adjust this?

Darth Pablix
03-14-2003, 05:09 PM
hi guys

-Syrup, all right with the flamethrower, in fact is one of the most beautiful graphic effects in
the game, very nice graphically. And I think its sound is right, not wonderful, but right.
In some cases, the flamethrower do thesame sound as the lightning do. Usually when battery
is very very low.

-I thing the grapple must be launched from right arm, maybe u can use the animation of saberthrow.

-waddaya think bout the ammo regen problem? if nobody mentioned it, maybe the problem is mine.

-idont like when the grapple hits a fixed objective its retracts automatically, draggin the owner
to the hooking point.

-the battery charge now is more adjusted, well done.

-good work with menus. Very clear, accessable, and useful.

c-u

Flamehart
03-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Just messed with it real quick, I noticed a few things, sorry, no pics this time.

1. The options/controls never seem to save themselves when u launch promod, causing me to have to go and fix all the Merc options, etc.

2. Even when set to lightsaber block Lightning and Drain, it blocks Lightning, but not Drain.

3. Desann makes a weird sound, as if switching weapons several times fast, when you get near him.

[Edit: Also, don't know if this was mentioned, but, if I start a game say with 4 slots, and I put 3 bots in the game, only one bot shows up, both bots wont be in the game at the same time, weird eh?]

Littleman206
03-14-2003, 09:25 PM
THIS MOD ROCKS! however....

1) bugs:

Okay, firstly, when ever I play as a merc I'm stuck as espionage
It says I'm bounty hunter, heavy soldier hat ever, but i get espionage equipment and abilities. This is annoying coz i really wanna try out the other classes.
And secondly i get the same problem as i think lionking said it, that when i try to join it says i can't change teams more then once every 5 seconds, then wont let me join until i boot every one.
Thirdly, espionage starts with no blaster ammo with me.

2)likes/dislikes:

I love basically everything you've done, merc and jedi classes are cool and the menu's are done excellently(that even a word?).
HOWEVER, I'm sure some other people have mentioned it, the saber cores are just to FAT. thin is larger then the original size, and if you ask me, it should be thinner(call me crazy).
I got that line flaoting next to the blade with a thin core aswell.
Are you able to give the grappling hook textures? Because I think it'd be nice if it looked like a steel cable(nothin fancy, basically just a grey cord), also I like someones idea(sorry cant remember who) to make it use the saber throw animation, because it would look great coming from the hand.
Also how about lightning being able to zap explosives outta the air, It'd be a nice secondary use for it.

Finally whats the tazer mentioned in the readme? i got no idea what it is. Could someone enlighten me?

darthmaul_541
03-15-2003, 12:36 AM
there are differnt equipment and abilities? Well...anyway i was just thinking that i saw a 2 gun pic on the website and it was 2 storm trooper blasters how i get those? Also i dont know how it happend but the game thought i had 2 pistols and it fired as if i had 2 pistols too (just normal shots nothing like rockets) BUT (i swear i even have a pic of it but cant post it) i had 1 pistol and 1 rocket launcher! IT WAS SO MESSED UP! Has this ever happend to anyone else? Well anyway like i said i cant attach files on here so i cant post them but i swear i have pics of it! If anyone has any idea's of how to post it tell me cuz this was really funny.

Azymn
03-15-2003, 03:36 AM
Crap...my connection just lost my reply to each of you individually. :S

Just know that i'm workin on almost everything you guys mentioned....i'll reply again later.

Darth Pablix
03-15-2003, 10:00 AM
i got the problem to join the game too, when i tried to join from the player configuration menu. I got to join from the "join" menu to start the match.

c-u

darthmaul_541
03-15-2003, 03:29 PM
hey isnt the only way to post a pic on here is a web address? Well...i dont have a website so...can someone please take my pic and post it on thier site just to show the proplem?

Mace_Windu21
03-15-2003, 08:09 PM
I have put together all of my suggestions and things-that-need-to-be-fixed into one picture, so please Azymn take a look and fix them. Thanks!
Crap I can't attach a picture, because it isn't a internet picture. So please go the JK2files forums and go to JK2 general. I will have a new thread named: To Azymn. Please take a look. Thanks! :bdroid2:

darthmaul_541
03-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Ok sorry bout this mace but i posted a pic on your thred To Azymn (the same reason you did cuz lucas forums wont let you) and i just needed to post it so take a look. Here is the address > http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=476021#post476021 < Thanx

KaiaSowapit
03-16-2003, 02:55 AM
Update: Interesting Bot discoveries

Bots using a setting of Merc 4 won't use sabers (or most of the Merc goodies), however they start with 0 ammo, thus usually only use the stun stick.

Non-Merc bots, with a tck_doublesaber setting of 1 or higher are considered "pure" Jedi/Sith - they won't use any weapons besides sabers and aren't allowed most item pickups such as health or sentries.

Non-Merc bots, without a tck_doublesaber setting or with a setting of 0 will use weapons besides sabers and are allowed to pick up all items.

Personally, I'd like more control to specifically limit bots' access to certain weapons, as well as what weapons they spawn with and with how much ammo. In certain situations, I wouldn't be opposed to allowing bots unlimited ammo.

Also, this has been on my wish list for some time; I'd still like player-friendly or at least neutral bots. The Emotional Attachments setting is useful but quite limited. Perhaps bot hostility could be expanded to use the light/dark side force flag (including human players)?

Lastly, the most frequently "spammed" Force powers by bots are: Force Lighting, Force Grip, and Mind Trick. ForceMod does seem to cut down on the amount of spamming, but these three are still the most common Force powers bots will use. My bots never seem to use "Force Heal" - no matter how I adjust their bot file. This was true to JK2 vanilla as well, so I don't think it's a ForceMod issue - maybe just a weakness in Raven's bot code?

mariners2001
03-16-2003, 03:04 PM
the ability to grab onto a ledge would help mercs reach higher places without utilities and would be an outstanding addition and counter against the push-whores.

imagine dueling with another jedi and then suddenly in the midst of the duel he throws you off the ledge - how great would it be to be able to grab the ledge on the way down and spring back up and kick his ass.

i've brought this up a lot but i really think it would a HUGE addition to the game. this would also solve some issues about jumping heigts. what are the prospects of this being added.

lionknight
03-17-2003, 12:07 PM
How many are getting the join error, It said cannot switch teams within 5 seconds? I have to kick all the bots and restart and ad new bots. Are some maps not supported for botjetpack? I tryed the counsel map and the jetpack works for the bots but they never run out of fuel, the meter runs out (I checked this by spectating the bot) but they continue to fly, this does not happen on other maps for example, the temple map. And I do have f_botpackfuel set to 1 (burn while in air). Thanks again Darth_syrup for such a great mod.

On another note. Is any one running a server for this beta 2 Force mod? If so, please leave your Ip address or name and what time you are running it and from were. Thank you

Azmier
03-17-2003, 02:56 PM
Looking through all these posts everyone has only really been talking about the jedivmerc part of the gameplay. Now I like it and everything, but I am sure there are going to be lots of normal FFA servers running this mod when it comes out, and the reason I am bringing this up is because alot of you are talking about giving saber throw the axe. Well I am really just wondering if that can stay seperate and only in merc mod while not compromising the normal FFA modes? Also, I relize that since this mod will most likely be on alot of norm FFA servers. Have you guys tried the dueling part yet to make sure there is no bugs there. Also one last thing. If you do make alot of changes because of mercmod can you keep them on that side without compromising normal FFA? Thanks for your time.

Azmier

Deathride
03-17-2003, 05:12 PM
:jango: Azymn u may want to check out the online play more when creating a ded... server the first person in the (jedi V merc) game picked the merc and after that it would let me switch to the jedi.

Flamehart
03-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Well, I found a small bug real quick when I tried to play without merc, I turned Merc off completely and in the Rules section set Dual Blasters to Enable for All, and it would say "Dual Blasters online" at the top but it wouldnt give me dual blasters, even if I wasnt using a lightsaber, more or less, it wouldnt let me switch to my gun after i went to my lightsaber either.

Mace_Windu21
03-17-2003, 08:12 PM
To Azymn: Please check my post on JK2files.com. Thanks! :D

Azymn
03-19-2003, 11:48 PM
AOTJ_Craig:
1. The newest menus should fix that unsaved cvar stuff.

2. Thanks, Drain blocking was messed up. It should be fixed now.

3. Desann does what?

And what about the 4slot bot problem?
Also...i'll take a look at the dualguns thing.

Littleman206:
1. You should be able to select from all merc classes now. I don't know what causes the join problem...i haven't experienced it. How would i reproduce it?

2. Yeah, the blades will have more options next round. And no little grey lines either, except for the grapple. :)
I'll look into that lightning improvement.
The tazer is the stunbaton, and the code for that is messed up too right now (i know b/c i just added an actual "stun" effect for it.)

darthmaul_541 - f_dualgunshow needs to be "1" to use dual blasters.
Also...i downloaded your picture of bugs from the other post.

Mace_Windu21 - got the other picture from the post.

KaiaSowapit - I made bots Pure Jedi/Gunners based on if they had custom hilts in the file, assuming a bot with a custom hilt was a ligthsaber pro. :)
I'll check out the bot attachment stuff once i get everything else up and running. The bots "spamming" problem will be adjustable in the next beta, and yeah....the code for where they use force powers is pretty arbitray. It's not very intelligent.

mariners2001 - ledge-grabbin is a possibility, i just put it on my v3 wishlist.

lionknight - Umm...i'll check out the botfuel thing. It's not map specific.

Azmier - The main thrust of this version is the expanded Jedi VS Merc mode, but you have an excellent point about regular FFA. It shouldn't be affected adversely, but needs to be tested as well.

when creating a ded... server the first person in the (jedi V merc) game picked the merc and after that it would let me switch to the jedi.

What?

To All:
I'm working on it as i type this, and have gotten a number of the bugs you've mentioned above fixed.

I don't know when the next beta will be out, but it will be the final one before public release.

Littleman206
03-20-2003, 06:40 AM
Nice to know I'm bein noticed, and I'm pretty sure i've said it before, but just incase: Your MOD rules! Awesome Job, Your the best!
Firstly, Anyway you can put descriptions in the big blank blue space when your schoosing your merc specialty?
Secondly, can you put saber defence mode in instead of throw?(sorry, just its REALLY cool) adn then you could try blood riots idea of using defence and roll together to do cartwheels, so mercs could jedi while could do rolls OR cartwheels as the situation dictates.
Could you take a look at the SFX2 mod, because the sabers in that look really cool and I reckon you should have a look at em, if possible get them in this mod and it's got cool gun effects, and I really like the lightning in that, If you could check it out.
I'll go now before I start rambling to much but great job so far, can't wait to see what extra powers you put in, and you ridea for a force dodge would be cool, sorry rambling, Great work, BYE!

Azymn
03-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Good suggestions,

I'll see if i can add the descriptions int there, that seems like a good place for now (they certainly need to be on there somewhere).

The cartwheel and roll idea is already on my to do list for later, though slightly different than what you've suggested.

I'll add the SFX sabers, if it's okay with them. (Where are they? i couldn't find the mod on jk2files or jediknightii.net)

bliv
03-20-2003, 05:49 PM
http://alienjl.homestead.com/files/SFX2Installer.zip

That's the file. There is a thread in the general showcase forum.

Pnut_Man
03-20-2003, 10:15 PM
The thermal denator effect of the SFx2 mod is a definate must for Force mod 2 :)

mariners2001
03-20-2003, 10:33 PM
good lord! yes! i just tried the sfx mod! best mod I've ever seen next to forcemod!

Azymn,

do you think there is anyway you guys could combine your efforts. the sfx mod is unbelievable and the sabers look INCREDIBLE. like pnut_master said, the thermal detonator effect is a must. oh my goodness. please oh please add this to the final forcemod!

Azymn
03-20-2003, 11:20 PM
It certainly is a pretty slick mod.

It would be more of a permanent change, unlike many things about ForceMod.

How does everyone else like the effects?

mariners2001
03-20-2003, 11:55 PM

Does that mean you're considering implementing it? That'd be awesome. I have to say the three things I like most about SFX mod is:
1) Sabers: The graphics of the new sabers are incredible and with TCK it really would be mind-blowing, IMO. I also like the idle saber position too and how it doesn't change. Very nice. The combat seems improved too as the saber swings are a bit slower as is the combat in general.
2) Thermal Detonator: Ok. This is definitely how I pictured them to be in the first place. This is very reminiscent of TPM game. Would you consider adding this if nothing else? It is really a great sight as well.
3) Lightning effect: I love how it knocks you over and sends you flying (aka AOTC). Also, I like how if (and only if) you have the other player in the crosshair that you can block the lightning.

Littleman206
03-21-2003, 02:43 AM
working?

Littleman206
03-21-2003, 03:14 AM
okay, sorry about that, just its been deleting my posts all night.
Okay, i got this idea okay, why not remove stun baton as mercs weapon and instead have some halfarsed punch animation in first person, and use the punch emote whenever you attack, therefore mercs could punch without holdin some stinky stun baton.
Also I figured If you played half of the cartwheel animation in reverse (if this is possible, as technically your stickin anythin new in) it could come out as a kick as a front kick, then if you combine this with saber defence idea you could give jedi a kick to(just attack while holding saber defence down, or while holding walk or crouch or soimethin). It could do a bit of knockback and say 5 or so damage, after all its just a kick, shields negate it to. This'd be nice i reckon, and would be much better then gay old stun baton, finally, how about using the head of the stun baton(the 'prongs') as a 'hook' on the end of the grappling cable? Also you could a\lways use the walk key to activate saber defence if you wanna keep throw in.

One last thing, can you make missile launcher completely blow poeple up, i.e all their pieces which can be dismemebered fly everywhere? Thatd be brilliat and make more sense, after all they just got hit by a large explosive.

For the two (three if you ditch saber throw) new force powers you mentioned earlier, here my ideas:

1.LIGHTSIDE POWER:Force projection( you know the halucination grenades from team fortress? if not then just look at thre description) which basically means puttin all these extra explosions in the players screen and random projectiles flyin around, maybe a few fak eplayer models spawn and start atacking(obviously they cant hurt the person) and only the affected person can see them.
So as you get it to higher levels and more stuff is generated for the person effected (and them only) I know this would probably be laggy but it'd be good and confuse the enemy, especially if it created 'clones' of the person using the power.

2.DARKSIDE POWER: Wasnt really sure, but I thought a return of destruction would be brilliant! It'd use up all force and not have a huge explosion, but rather be a beam about a metre wide that engulfed everythin in a straight line for about 5m, Doin quite a bit of damage and mayeb drainin force but not givin any to the user.
Or it could slow the target for a while or knock them down.

3.NEUTRAL POWER(if saber throw is chucked) Your idea for a force dodge kinda power, ,maybe force forsight, which ups saber offence and defence(u can see whats about to happen and anticipate it) and give the jedi a basic dodge chance of i dunno, say 5-10 times their forsight level. How about that? I reckon their alright?

By the way the new dark and light powers would be the best of their sides, their fore they would cost more then anything else, and maybe have a prerequisite force level to use, just a thought.

These are some of the ideas i came up with and sorry for the long post, I just when i start ramblin i really cant stop! BYE!

KaiaSowapit
03-21-2003, 06:41 AM

Darn, wish I could say... the file I downloaded for SFX2 is an .exe - which doesn't do diddly doo for us mac users. :(

Anyone know where I could get the .pk3 version?

Thanks!

KaiaSowapit
03-21-2003, 07:42 AM
KaiaSowapit - I made bots Pure Jedi/Gunners based on if they had custom hilts in the file, assuming a bot with a custom hilt was a ligthsaber pro. :)

Sorry to contradict you, but that hasn't been my experience. For example...

{
name "Darth_Tyranus"
model gl_dooku
color1 0
tck_doublesaber 0
personality /botfiles/gl_dooku.jkb
hilt "dooku"
}

{
name "Maul"
model Maul
color1 0
tck_doublesaber 1
personality /botfiles/Maul.jkb
hilt "maul"
}

In this case Maul starts as a pure Jedi, however Dooku remains a hybrid.

Custom hilts don't seem to matter, only the tck_doublesaber setting. If I give Darth_Tyranus either a double edge saber or two sabers, the bot instantly becomes a pure Jedi.

Mace_Windu21
03-21-2003, 11:39 AM
I think you should add a Merc bot for the new Zam Wesell model that just came out at JK2files.com. And make it so she uses the sniper rifle a lot, so if you have the Zam Wesell rifle it will look just like the movies! Thanks! :fett:

Master_Payne
03-21-2003, 12:16 PM
About SFX2 I like the effects (hermal, sabers and lightning) but specially I like the absorbing animation (kinda yoda ep2) and the restriction to the power is good too.

KaiaSowapit: if you still need SFX2 on .pk3 just tell me how I can send it (I got only msn), the file is 1.14mb without zipping.

ForceMod, SFX and Movie Battles are (IMO) the best mods out there (if you mix'em that would be great) ForceMod toys, SFX effects and the defence sistem of MB (maybe togeable(?))
and I really don't care if its on ForceMod 999.9, just if comes out would be cool.

Padawan_7
03-21-2003, 12:53 PM
It certainly is a pretty slick mod.

Well, I'm going to have to say...please don't mix SFX2 with ForceMod 2. (Uh, oh. I can see people with clubs coming after me ;) :D ).

For starters, the best mods, in my opinion, are the ones that are customizable (like JediMod and ForceMod). Everybody, I'm sure, knows what its like to have a good mod that you just can't play because it has one or two features that you find to be annoying.

Secondly, (and no offence intended to the maker of SFX2 - because SFX2, indeed, has some good features) there are many parts of SFX2 that I do not agree with.

For example, the thermal detonators. They are, as mariners2001 pointed out, very much like the ones in TPM game (they have a large and powerful blast radius), although I think the ones in SFX2 are a bit more powerful. One thing that should be made clear is that TPM and JKII are two very different games. It's cool to wipe out a room full of npc battle droids that clearly out number you. But in a mp first person shooter against real people (or bots that try to imitate real people ;)), its not that cool of a thing. To illustrate how destructive the thermal detonators are I threw one on a timer in the ffa_deathstar map that came to rest by the wall in the hanger with the force field. I then positioned myself on the opposing wall having 100 health and 30 shields. When the blast reached me, I was killed instantly!!! With such a powerful blast, maps with thermal detonators would quickly become "let's race to the pack of thermal detonators and then run to a large room and kill everyone in it." These type of thermal detonators would be spammed constantly, which is probably the reason Lucasarts in JKI and Raven in JKII decided not give the thermal detonators this kind of radius.

My brother, who doesn't visit these boards, has tried SFX2 and is anticipating the release of ForceMod 2. He feels exactly the same way I do.

So, I guess this is the other side of the issue.

Of course, its all up to you Azymn. Its not a easy decision. :(

Padawan_7

Pnut_Man
03-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Very good points Padawan_7. While I do enjoy sfx2 for the realistic effects, I believe Forcemod 2.0 should just stick with what it has right now. Most importantly, AJL should be immediately contacted (if not already contacted) about the use of his ideas in Forcemod 2.0. Clear that up and i'll be content :)

mariners2001
03-21-2003, 07:54 PM
well actually...SFX could be made toggleable. That way those who don't want it can just type in a command or click something in the options screen. The various factors like thermals and rapid shooting fire could be toggled as well....

robbie mcm
03-21-2003, 10:35 PM
I just wanted to know is there an oficial site where we can check up on all the updates made and the bugs you've fixed, one where we will also be able to download it from after you are finished. I love this mod, it's great my friend came and played it and wanted to download it for his game straight away!

:bdroid2:

Littleman206
03-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Yeah just another idea, seeing as you got SFX, try it out in single player. See how the sabers stuck to his foot? well If you turn it off it actually looks okay down there, maybe you could change the way sabers work so when deactivated they attach themselves to somewhere else, so it looks holstered, just a thought, and as always: GREAT MOD!

Flamehart
03-22-2003, 09:30 PM
AOTJ_Craig:
1. The newest menus should fix that unsaved cvar stuff.

2. Thanks, Drain blocking was messed up. It should be fixed now.

3. Desann does what?

And what about the 4slot bot problem?
Also...i'll take a look at the dualguns thing.

You know that click sound you get when you switch between weapons? when I was playing and I got near Desann, I could hear that sound repeatedly as if he was switching between two guns fast.

Classic Luke
03-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Just wondering if i could beta test this mod please?
If not, that is okay, thank you anyways for your time Azmn. :)

-EDIT-
OOPs, forgot my email! lol Here it is in case. :
bertleroy2000@yahoo.com

rut-wa jodar
03-25-2003, 11:27 AM
I would love to beta test ,could someone please email me the latest beta of Forcemod2 ? I would be very grateful.

wayne.rutter1@ntlworld.com

Thanx in advance :thmbup1:

Flamehart
03-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Speaking of latest beta, is there an insider's update that hasn't reached me yet or is it still the one you initially sent out to me? Just curious in case it fixes any of my earlier problems.

Azymn
03-25-2003, 05:53 PM
The most recently available beta is still release 2.

The final beta release will be coming in the next few weeks, pending a few bugfixes and the addition of admin commands.

rut-wa jodar
03-25-2003, 06:46 PM
The most recently available beta is still release 2.

The final beta release will be coming in the next few weeks, pending a few bugfixes and the addition of admin commands.

If I die in the next few weeks I will have carved on my gravestone

"All he wanted to do was beta test forcemod2 and his life would have meaning"

you can`t blame a guy for trying ! ;)

Azymn
03-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

"All he wanted to do was beta test forcemod2 and his life would have meaning"
lol - well, you're on the list rut-wa. So are you you Luke.
If you guys can wait for the next beta, you won't have to deal with the current release's bugs.

Classic Luke
03-25-2003, 10:14 PM
Thank-you much friend :) for including me as one of your beta testers for the next run. I was wondering if it were possible to include some of the effects from sfx in this mod (like the way your character appears to be breathing when he stands still) and also the way sabers are held in a neutral position( regardless of stance). There is another mod out there which tools around with these effects, it is called mace's stance mod, it can be found on jk2files.com. Just thought i would mention it :) From what ive seen on your site, this mod is shaping up quite nicely. (Dual blasters!!!!! Holy smokes!!!) Also, i was wondering if for say, the blaster rifle, how would it look if the player held it the way the disruptor is held when your looking through the scope? (Boba-style)
One other thing, on forcemod 1.0 beta, i tried to turn off the ability to block saber throwing and still found saber throws blockable and therrefore bots would be running around without sabers after their was blocked.
Once again, thank you much friend, and i will wait with baited breath until the next beta run :))

Darth Pablix
03-26-2003, 12:13 PM
hi, I think the thermal is a bestial attack i dont like it, im talkin bout SFX mod. But the others features rocks!!

Flamehart
03-26-2003, 08:50 PM
I cannot wait for the next insiders beta before the final release. Also, Luke, the Forcemod 1 problem isnt a bug. If you block the saber when facing it directly, it should fall to the ground, but the bot can pull the saber back to his hand, as you can in SP. The only difference is bots do it faster than possible when playing other people (you practically have to wait 15 seconds before itll come back)

rut-wa jodar
03-27-2003, 05:57 AM
Am I correct to believe that sabers can be destroyed ?? It would be interesting to find out the beta testers feedback on this.

Lord_Plo_Koon
03-27-2003, 06:35 AM
I dont know how hard this would be but maybe in the force screen you could have 4 pages instead of two. 1 for light powers 1 for dark powers 1 for the powers dark and light can have and 1 for saber stuff. Then you could have alot more force powers. About the saber one: You could have saber offence and defence and each stance. So the more you put on a stance the better you can use it and if you didn't have any on the stance you couldn't use it. Just some thoughts :)

Lord_Plo_Koon
03-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Could I beta test the next one?

klaatu@protectandpreserve.com

Dark Reaper
03-28-2003, 06:05 PM
well I haven't been near my comp for awhile ( there where some reasons)
so today was the first time I could actually betatest forcemod 2.
and as I look trough the thread I see I haven't found any bugs you aren't aware of.
BUT this flamehiteffect really bugs me so I'm gonna do a new one, if its alright with you, Azymn

Deathride
03-30-2003, 08:08 PM
:jango: Mandalorian Revenge :fett: the name is good for some more merc ideas check this out repear
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/starwarsbountyhunter/weapons.html

KaiaSowapit
04-02-2003, 05:21 AM
This may or may not be a ForceMod issue - in all likelihood it's inherent in Tchouky's code - but I felt it's still worth mentioning.

Whenever I play as Yoda (or any scaled player model) I've noticed something strange whenever I decapitate or sever an opponent's body parts. The other player's dismembered limb scales to the same ratio as Yoda. For example, say I hack Desann in half - his upper torso scales down to less than half size, yet the remaining body part retains its expected size.

It doesn't really affect gameplay and isn't that big a deal, but it is a little odd and if it wouldn't take much to do, a fix would be welcome. (I might also add that the Sentry Gun also gets resized when deployed by scaled characters.)

Lastly, I finally got a chance to try the SFX2 mod (the latest release version). I really liked the look of the sabers and the thermal detonators, but I have to agree with everyone concerned about game balance. The thermals' lethality is WAY too high. Heck, I musta killed myself as often as any opponent while using those silly things. Also, I liked the knock down effect of Force Lightning - that's a pretty nice addition. I didn't quite get the various "classes" or whatnot, hehe though I did notice a pretty obvious misspelling in one of them. ;)

rut-wa jodar
04-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Azymn.

Any news on the progress of your final beta ??
I`m really eager to test it.

KiLLeR_SqUiRReL
04-02-2003, 01:47 PM
hey azymn, remember me? well, i know you get this a lot, and beta 2 is probably near release, but i was wondering if i could get a sneak-peak? if so, email it to me at matthewjohnston@mail.com
Thanks in advance!

Azymn
04-02-2003, 05:48 PM
The final beta is nearing completion, with these things remaining:

1) I'm implementing a new system for making MercBots through a single config file so you won't have to edit any botfiles. This same config file will allow a number of other adjustments to bots as well.

2) There will be 7 Customizable Lightsaber Blades, one for each Episode of StarWars (1-6) and one ancient blade (ExarCun's Blade Re-skin) - i will be skinning the first 6.

3) The New Force Sides menus need to be tweaked for maximum usability when creating your character, including the saving and loading of forceConfig files.

4) Saber Hilt Breakability needs to be reimplemented

5) Lightning and Drain must be properly blockable

6) A number of small, miscellaneous balance tweaks

Once these are finished, the final beta will be released. I will not be adding any significant features between now and then, to ensure a sooner release date.

Lord_Plo_Koon: Got your email, you're on the list.

Reaper: By all means, whip out some new flameHit FX - I'd like to see what you can come up with. :)

Kaia: I know what causes the scaling problem, but it's at the bottom of the to-fix list.

SqUiRReL: You're on the list to get a copy of beta 3. Thanks for supporting the mod, even in it's infancy. :)

KiLLeR_SqUiRReL
04-02-2003, 06:19 PM
really? im on the list for beta 3?! OMG! IVE NEVER BEEN ON THE LIST! THANK YOU! oh, and it was my pleasure supporting the mod. i loved beta 1, and now that beta 2 is almost here, and i get to test beta 3, omg, im about to feint...

Azymn
04-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Oh...one more big thing that must be added to beta 3 that i forgot to mention: Admin commands. The code for these has been provided by the Jedi Academy Mod creator cHoSen One (ZeRoCooL in these forums), so they shouldn't take much time to implement.

SqUiRReL (and others who are new to the thread), before you faint, a few clarifications:
ForceMod 1 had one release in beta form.

ForceMod 2 has already had two beta releases, beta 1 and beta 2.
This next release is simply the third beta (beta 3) of ForceMod 2.

kazesan
04-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Any official news on a open beta or public final release. This mod seems pretty top quality and I wouldn't mind playnig it. So you can either e-mail me the newest beta please, or tell me when this beautiful piece of code hits the open market.

KiLLeR_SqUiRReL
04-04-2003, 06:51 PM
::whistle::

ObiKast
04-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Guys, Guys I see the new images of this mod, and I love it
But I dont have the Beta version:( . You can give-me the link of the Beta version, or send to my email obikast@zmail.pt , or Jonas_eu@hotmail.com

Monarky2000
04-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey if i could get the beta to Azymn i loved your first forcemod i would love to test this for you and give you my feed back if you would email it to me at monarky2000@comcast.net i would love it man thanks in advance

Bogus
04-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Well im finally back on the net (stupid tunisian internet) and i look foreward to a final release even though i might not be able to play online tha much.

1 question: will all the old testers be on the new beta or just the new guys

thanks

DeathPhantom
04-07-2003, 08:33 PM
i am trying put together a trailer/preview for the upcoming spring release of ForceMod2 and i am short on actors. if anyone would consider helping please email me at n64101101@hotmail.com

Flamehart
04-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Hey guys. Haven't had time to find any bugs in forcemod lately, school's been pounding on me and i had to reformat, no worries I still have the mod :D Anyway, Azymn, I would also like to be on the beta 3 list if at all possible. I will return to beta testing the current version as soon as I possibly can.

arief_9
04-14-2003, 05:06 AM
Hey Azymn can I test it too? My email address is arief_9@hotmail.com please I want to test your mod:D

KiLLeR_SqUiRReL
04-15-2003, 10:12 PM
well, its obvious we're all wating and excited about this! i hope its out soon!

bliv
04-17-2003, 03:15 PM
Beta testing has been going on for well over a month. And that's the 2nd beta. All the faults have been identified and are being worked on by Azymn. Just hang in there. It's good and worth waiting for.

arief_9
04-18-2003, 04:48 AM
Does this mean i can test it? BTW killer_squirrel can you send the beta2 to me cause i wann try it PLEASE:confused:

000nate
04-22-2003, 02:19 PM
Looking good.

Azymn
04-25-2003, 12:40 AM
I just got to work on the mod for a few hours last night (finals are over ).

Here's just a few things coming up in the next beta:

- Brand new mercbot system using a cfg file. This means you can start the game and it'll load appropriate bots as mercs without you having to change a single file. And when you want to choose who is and who isn't a merc, it's all in one file.

- 7 different lightsaber blades to choose from, each loosely based on an Episode, with Episode 0 being an ancient sith blade (Exar Cun's).

- Two new merc classes: HotShot and Trooper.

Beta 3 is finally on it's way....
meaning i now have time to work on it

rut-wa jodar
04-25-2003, 06:36 AM
Cool News Azymn :thumbs1:

I will be checking my email every hour until beta3 arrives. I am really looking forward to testing this next beta.

Azymn
04-25-2003, 06:50 AM
...i made it sound like it was 'in the mail'

Beta 3 has not been sent yet, i'm working on it right now. I only mean to say i've finally started to pound away at it.

But it is close to release.

rut-wa jodar
04-25-2003, 06:54 AM
...i made it sound like it was 'in the mail'

Beta 3 has not been sent yet, i'm working on it right now. I only mean to say i've finally started to pound away at it.

But it is close to release.

My mistake entirely

My impatience got the better of me :(

It will certainly be worth waiting a little while longer:)

BTW ! I donated some credits to you as a small gesture of appreciation. keep up the great work !!!!

Dark Reaper
04-25-2003, 07:49 AM
Azymn, I'm sorry that I didn't yet have sent you the efx,cuz I'm having some prob's with Mandalorian revenge and school and stuff... but you will get it today or tommorow

bliv
04-25-2003, 06:08 PM
Sounds good. Anyone like to update me on the tweaks since beta 2. I really enjoyed playing beta 2. Hope this improves further on Forcemod.

SithLordNR1
04-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Hey! Can I be a beta-tester too? I really think it sounds like a great mod!

If you'll let me be a beta-tester just PM me... The I'll Pm you, my email-address!

Thanks!:deathii:

Mace_Windu21
04-28-2003, 09:58 PM
I was wondering if the testers for beta 2 will be on the list for beta 3 testers??? Please notify me soon, thx! :bdroid2:

Padawan_7
04-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Azymn,

In case you haven't had a chance to notice, BloodRiot has updated his Mandalorian pack. Among other things, he has segmented the rocket on the jetpack so that it can now be made to disappear when 'fired' in a mod like RenegadeOfPhunk's "Movie Battles." I know that you said that you didn't want to add any more new features at this time, but this would be a great addition for Force Mod 3. :D

Crowy
05-06-2003, 07:26 AM
wow... i cant wait for this, i aint gunna be stingy and try to get a beta testing palce, theres probably enough there already, cant wait for its release though

Azymn
05-10-2003, 03:36 AM
Reaper: don't worry about the FX, i whipped up some new ones that look better. But on the jetpack, sooner == better ;)

rut-wa: Got the donation; thank you for gesture.

bliv: Beta 3 is finally shaping up to what i envisioned this mod should be.

SithLordNR1: We've got plenty of testers already, but if you're just dying then pm me your email.

Mace_Windu21: Once a beta tester, always a beta tester. :)

Padawan_7: Thanks for the suggestion.

Crowy: As far as my testing has shown, you won't have to wait much longer. In less than two weeks, our final beta testers will decide if it's ready for release.

SithLordNR1
05-10-2003, 05:32 AM
well then... Dont worry about it.

Azymn
05-10-2003, 06:59 AM
Sorry SithLordNR1: after re-reading what i wrote, i realized it sounded very cold - as if i'd only let you test it if you were on your deathbed. :S

That should read, "if you're just dying to play it, then pm me..." :)

Monarky2000
05-10-2003, 12:31 PM
so when is the date that your going to email us the files????

SithLordNR1
05-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Sorry SithLordNR1: after re-reading what i wrote, i realized it sounded very cold - as if i'd only let you test it if you were on your deathbed. :S

That should read, "if you're just dying to play it, then pm me..." :)

That was actually how I read it! So there is no hard feeling!:)

robbie mcm
05-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Hey Azymn, I've been a religious follower since ForceMod 2 beta 1 and it's my favourite mod! I was just wondering if it's possible for me to be on the list for beta 3?

Thanks if you put me on and thanks for the great work even if you don't!

robbie mcm
05-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Oops... forgot to add my e-mail it's robbie_mcm@hotmail.com

Azymn
05-16-2003, 03:35 PM
Check your emails.

The final beta has shipped.

The new thread is here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99712

Thank you all.

Flamehart
05-17-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey Azymn, I found something rather disturbing, or if it is ok, then tell me. Im on the zone now and the Forcemod 2 Final Beta is being freely distributed at [no site for u! lol] (I'm suppose many know of this site) and I was wondering if this was ok or if its violating the beta.

Azymn
05-17-2003, 05:54 PM
I'll take care of it.
If you could remove the link to that site, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Flamehart
05-17-2003, 06:12 PM
Alright, I removed the link and I will resume my beta testing normally. I hope they don't give you a hard time.

KaiaSowapit
06-01-2003, 02:30 AM
Holy flying monkeys! I just tried the latest beta release... F'ING AMAZING!!!

Azymn, you truly outdid yourself! Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic!

Thank you so much!