PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Journey 2

MrManager
02-27-2003, 12:05 PM
Well, it's official (http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=358) - The Longest Journey 2 is in development. Personally I thought the first game was ok, but over-rated beyond belief. I hope they'll manage to write some decent dialogue, make the whole thing less predictable and create a better story flow in the sequel. If they do that, Funcom might have a winner on their hands.

bgbennyboy
02-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Dammit, I havent played TJG1 yet. Im also wary about ordering it now since Gabez got it from amazon and found half the cds missing.

elTee
02-27-2003, 04:29 PM
Oh yes! I love The Longest Journey, it was loads better than EMI. I hope it comes out on GC as well! Unlikely though.

Skinkie
03-02-2003, 01:21 AM
I tried to play the first one like three times, but I always wound up quitting after she wound up in that fantasy lnad in her underwear. My mom really like it though, and I saw alot of it through her playing. It's alright

Jake
03-02-2003, 02:31 AM
TLJ has a very slow start, which sort of turned me off for a long time, and some of the dialogue just goes on for wayyyy too long, but it is a pretty enjoyable game. Like Remi said, way overpraised, but still enjoyable, and probably worth your time.

elTee
03-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Its just a beautiful game - both worlds are well designed and separate. Its a pleasure to wander around the game world, and the puzzles are just as they should be - difficult, but not stupid (like in Discworld, where they were just random.) True, the dialogue does get annoying - that wierd bloke who lives in that tree talks sooooooooo slow cos he's in another time zone or something.