View Full Version : Beyond the Crystal Edge
How long it had been since he had last been in, let alone heard a word of Ahto Spaceport? At least a few years, give or take. Going back there was certainly going to take him back to his merchant days, where he would rent out a space to sell his fresh produce by day and lethal weapons at night. It definitely gave him an eerie feeling.
But then again, it's not like he had a choice, he needed to purchase some Kolto for his sick Jedi friend. This war hadn't helped his current situation; he struggled to get the monthly credits for his apartment. He hoped he'd be able to make it in time...
He maneuvered the seacraft up and into the port, while beads of crystal blue water rolled of the vehicle's surface. Xioner hopped out and into Ahto Spaceport.
06-01-2003, 02:35 AM
(Man this place could be so much fun)
It had been a long day for Teran. The pushy rodian customers and the near fight with the Hutts had almost droven him over the edge.
Seeing his newest customer come into his sector of the spaceport started to brighten his day, but he wasn't prepared for what was to come next.
What might reveal his true identity.
Xioner looked at the various signs ahead. There were so many products, but all he wanted was some kolto.
Not much had changed since he had left. His buddies in the produce area were still there, but he'd stop by later. The cortosis peddlers were up a bit early, but they looked exactly the same. Oh, the memories...
He found his old booth and by coincidence, the kolto he needed was sold there. He approached the booth with haste.
"Hiya, you sell kolto here?"
06-14-2003, 01:08 AM
"Maybe, maybe not. It depends on price and reason. We are too short on Kolto to give it out to every person who gets a scratch on their knee." was Teran's reply.
In all honesty, he would give the Kolto out for free with a just reason. But his boss had given him strict guidelines on how and when to sell it.
Teran took Xirion back to the store room. He sensed an essence about him, but didn't know the right way to approach him.
Teran opened the door and waited for Xirion's explanation.
"Well, I don't really want to get into it...I need it for my friend; very, very sick."
"Sad story," Teran said back. "This area has the higher concentration kolto, so let's see what you'd want."
Xioner looked through the various selections of fresh plants, and struggled with which one he should get. He looked behind the display section to see if there was any fresher product.
"Well, you seem to know your way around here," said Teran.
"Yeah, I used to have a booth here...and this was the booth," said Xioner with a chuckle.
07-01-2003, 09:48 PM
"Interesting. I've never heard of any other worker around here." Teran shot Xirion a quick glance.
"But I think you're the type I'll trust. We have a larger group of Kolto in the back for private use. Fresher Kolto- the best of the lot. I will give it to you, but I feel I will have to go with you to see the use. I don't want to get fired for just thinking you are a good guy." Teran said as he headed back for a locked room.
07-02-2003, 07:10 AM
(Hope you folks won't mind if I insert myself into this scene as well)
Verool Simms smiled as he slowly used inserted the Security Spike in the container. The Kolto that he would find here and the extra money that it would get him could last him for a few months.
This was his favorite Kolto shop to begin with. About two years ago, he had managed to acquire some Kolto by distracting the shop owner with a few credits... too bad that he was fired afterwards. When he nearly ran out of money a few months later, and had worked up a debt with the Hutts, he managed to steal some extra Kolto here by simply sneaking in after the shop was closed. Having lost most of his credits again recently by betting on the wrong racer in the podraces, he found himself in the same situation as well. Earlier on, he had doctored a small ad that claimed that Kolto was sold here at a discount, and left the information near several Hutts. When the slugs arrived, it was easy for Verool to sneak past the owner and into the store room.
He frowned when he realised that the Security Spike hadn't opened the lock. Must be a new security mechanism. As he reached for a second Security Spike on his belt, he suddenly heard the doors open. "Tjaposa" the Rodian cursed in his native language, and quickly jumped over the container to hide behind it.
"Stay calm... stay calm..." he thought to himself as he sat down to hide himself. "The owner will simply get some Kolto, and walk straight out... then you can return to your business. No need to worry, no need to worry..." As he quietly peaked from behind the container, he noticed that there were two beings in the store room, not one as he had expected. Was this some kind of new policy? Last time he was here, only the owner was allowed to enter this store room.
Seeing as how things were going to work out for him, Verool was about to hide back behind the container when he suddenly noted a grave error on his part.
The earlier-used Security Spike was lying in front of the container!
07-02-2003, 04:09 PM
Teran walked with Xioner around the small room as they both looked for the best batch of Kolto plants they could find.
Walking around a corner Teran tripped over a small piece of metal. "What is this doing in here?" Teran said as he checked out the spike. Suspicious, but not worried, Teran picked himself back up and went to help Xioner carry the Kolto he had just selected.
Seeing a black figure around a box, both Xioner and Teran wheeled around drawing their weapons.
07-02-2003, 06:01 PM
[OOC : Having no idea what weapon Xioner actually has, I'll let Jedi220 take the next post... Verool will likely panic, but won't admit his crimes if you wish to work that into your post]
Xioner whipped out two heavy, bulky blasters. They were dusty, out of date, and somewhat modified. He had never thought to upgrade, as it took him a great deal of time to work up enough credits to get cortosis to fit the blasters with.
"Get out here, now!" yelled Xioner.
The figure emerged from his hiding place, making a run for it. Xioner fired several shots, all missing the wily Rodian.
"I'm shutting the place down, stay away from the door!" Teran shouted. He pulled out a remote control and pressed a few buttons, and the doors of the store closed immediately.
A cry of pain shot out from the front door...
Suddenly, the door imploded into the store, oddly without any explosion or blaster scorching at all.
There was an eery silence that seemed to linger for hours as Xioner and Teran stared at the dark threshold. Two figures finally entered the room, one of them holding the now-bound criminal by the scruff of the neck.
To their surprise, the captor was only three-and-a-half feet tall, wearing a dark gray robe with two sparkling yellow eyes glaring out from a darkened hood.
He pointed at Xioner. "You. You need to work on your blaster proficiency."
Xioner and Teran both stood speechless at the sight. What the..? There's a Jawa standing at the entrance to my shop, holding a criminal that I wasn't able to capture! And he's even speaking BASIC, of all things!, Teran thought.
The Jawa spoke again.
"The name's Eets'chula. The people who I don't kill call me Eets."
07-03-2003, 01:26 AM
"What are you doing here?" Teran asked.
"Of all the things....I want some explanations, Eets. Don't worry, I will call you that." The heat inside the room rose. Everyone stood around, suspicious of each other.
"I think you two should get out of here now and go back to your own business. I don't need these type of things happening.
Teran watched Xioner put his hands on his blaster as he did the same.
"Now go. I don't think I even want an explanation."
Eets maintained his calm demeanor and was the first to break the tense silence.
"I have no business with the Rodian. I was simply... in the area."
"However, I shall leave you to your business." he said. "But know that I have seen the path that lays ahead for all of you. Including your Rodian friend here."
Eets let go of the Rodian invader and he dropped to the floor with a loud *thunk*.
He then started heading for the door, turned his head back to the two and said mildly: "Perhaps we shall meet again."
07-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Verool was SO confused. One moment, he was dashing away from his two assailants, the next second, he had been incapacitated... SOMEHOW. He had only barely heard a voice talk behind him about "meeting someone again"... his brain barely registered it, as he suddenly realised that he was laying on the floor... he looked up to see two barrels of two blasters pointed right at him.
"Easy now..." he heard its owner speak...
As he quietly rotated around so he could sit up, Simms was at a loss of words. Sure, he had been in several fixes in his life, but he had always easily managed to find a way out... but never before had he been at gunpoint in a small room like this, with everyone's attention drawn to him. His eyes darted around the room for a moment, but he couldn't quickly find something to create a distraction.
"So, ehh... hehe, wouldn't you believe it? I was just walking around when my, ah... you know, those little Gran buggers outside? They stole my tools, ah, I mean, those odd spikes that my boss wanted me to buy. Anyways, those thieves stole them, and threw them in here, just to tease me... hehe, you know how these little rascals are, don't you? My newphews are alot like that as well, heehee."
He didn't receive a response.
"So, ah... like I was sayin', they threw it in here... only later did I actually realise that I was somewhere where I wasn't supposed to be... but, ah, I thought that I could just sneak, that is, walk in and quickly grab them... no harm done, eh? hehe"
In the end, even Verool thought that it was a lame excuse... but he remembered that it had worked before with that food shopowner... granted, the owner had been a sweet old lady, but it had been the first thing that came to his mind.
Xioner smacked Verool across the face with the barrel of his gun.
"I should kill you just for that excuse..." said Xioner.
"Easy now, partner," cautioned Teran. He quickly motioned towards his remote control, and the doors of the store sprung open again.
"This is a security spike," Teran said as he motioned towards the peculiar item. "I take it you were going for my kolto, weren't you?"
"That's my story..." mumbled Verool.
There's only so much longer I can hold them off thought Verool. The burning feeling in his face was very painful.
"Would you like me to get the authorities into this?" threatened Xioner.
Verool nervously laughed as his mind raced...
07-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Teran pulled out his com link to get some Republic Troops into the building.
"I don't want to mess with you anymore." Teran said as he took all of Verool's security spikes and threw them into the nearest trash compactor.
"Why are you here and for what reasons do you want my Kolto? I don't need people like you here trying to rip us off, especially when we are always on the verge of war."
Teran remained tense alongside Xioner, but they wouldn't be prepared for what happened next.
07-09-2003, 04:49 PM
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen next... leXX? Jedi220?
07-13-2003, 01:53 AM
(Hope you don't mind if I fill in the blanks)
The front door opened once more, and a large bulky person or thing walked toward them, followed by two smaller persons, when the large bulky thing came into the light, they were shocked, it was a young Hutt on his tail, followed by two Trandoshanian bodyguards, both armed with heavy blasters, the Hutt looked at Teran and Xioner, and then looked down on the ground to see the Rodian Verool
"Verool? Is that you?" Said the Hutt fully knowing who the Rodian was "There was an ad that said this shop sold cheap Kolto, but what you know? This shop has the same old price for Kolto that every Kolto shop in Manaan has. You lied to me Verool, and I don't like it when people lie to me." The Hutt was now leaning over Verool
"I... I... didn't place the... the ad." Said Verool nervously
The Hutt brought back his head and laughed a cruel laugh and then brought his head down right in front of Verool's face "You think I am that stupid? Who else got me Kolto when he was in debt, and who is now in debt? And suddenly an ad appears claming a huge discounted price of Kolto? Thats where you went wrong my poor friend, you see I have many contacts in Manaan, and I always know the best price, but I must say you did convince every other hutt." The Hutt had now locked eyes with Verool "You lied to me, you lied to Libba Hutt, they're is only one form of punishment for that crime." Libba raised his hand and the two Trandoshan's aimed the blasters directly at Verool "Goodbye" Said Libba waiving at Verool. Verool's tried to scoot away on the floor only to hit a wall, his life was going to be short lived if nothing was to be done, and soon...
07-14-2003, 03:49 PM
(OOC: Bah, actual members characters can't be killed like this)
The sound of blasters rang.
The bodyguards were no more and now all that was left was the Hutt, standing there like someone had stolen his favorite kid's blanket.
"My shop does not work that way, Hutt. I don't care who you are or how powerful you are, you won't do that to people in my shop. Now leave before we turn you into the cantina's newest smoothie flavor." Teran said with a grim look.
"Verool you have some options, you can either tell us everything or go turn yourself into the Republic. I need answers."
08-09-2003, 05:41 PM
"Some trouble, gentlemen?" a voice asked from just outside the shop. Everybody turned to look. A female human stood there, not seeming to be afraid of the situation. As she stepped forward, they could see why. Her two lightsabers hung at her waist. She was a Jedi.
"My name is Brittany Menton," she said. "How can I be of service?"
09-03-2003, 10:36 AM
- Shado was tired of running. Being a bounty hunter didn't seem to turn out well for him, now that he's a jedi, things seem to have taken a turn for the worse. Shado is no longer the hunter, he is now the prey. He has no friends, but he has more enemies than he can count. There's a bounty on his head now, compliments of his former Hutt employer on the now space dust planet of Taris. The Hutt managed to survive much to Shado's displeasure, as well as the bounty on his head. -
- Shado has been hiding out on Manaan for weeks in the hotel. He certainly has the credits for it, seeing as how he killed alot of people to get them. "Shado the unknown bounty hunter, and most ruthless killer of the galaxy .... bah!" He thought to himself. "One bad decision .... love. That's all it took for me to get in the mess I'm in now. My weakness. My one weakness. NEVER AGAIN!" Shado's past haunts him. He has one to many skeletons in his closet. He became a Jedi after he had grown tired of his evil ways. Unfortunately, that didn't work for him either. The Order thought of his methods of dealing with people as highly unorthadoxed. This lead to him becoming a Jedi outkast. No friends. No loved ones. Just Shado Vorn and his pet Gizka. -
- Shado's pet, aptly named "Hero" saved his life from a certain bounty hunter known as Cassus Fett! Shado was on his speeder one day when he was knocked off via a clothesline from a formerly stealth wielding Fett. Cassus had him right where he wanted him. The blaster was kissing Shado's forehead. Shado had no hope. Well ... until a Gizka who had secretly hitched a ride in Shado's backpack decided to come out and greet the unsuspecting bounty hunter! Hero sprung himself from Shado's backpack right into Fett's face! That was all that was needed for Shado to take advantage of the situation! Fett tried to grab the Gizka to pull it out of his helmet and off of his face, but the damn thing was just too slippery! The Gizka hopped out of his helmet and onto the sandy ground. During that time, Shado was busy fidgiting with Fett's jet pack. When he was through, Fett took a quite unexpected flight ... right into a dune. Doubtfull that it killed him, Shado wasn't going to hang around to find out. He quickly cought up to his speeder which had not gone to far away. He hopped back on, rode back, and stopped next to his savior. A Gizka. -
Shado Vorn - "Need a ride, little fella'?
Gizka - (Makes a gurgling/quacking type noise in agreement)
- Shado smiles as the Gizka hops back into his backpack. They then ride far far away from where Cassus was last seen. Since then, they had become inseperable. -
= Back to the Manaan hotel, and the present time ... =
- Shado Vorn sits on his bed, next to his pet/friend. He gently pets Hero on the head as pulls a holocron from his backpack. He activates it and watches the one fond memory of his life, even though it brought back painfull memories. -
- The holocron showed him and his soon to be wife enjoying some time in Kashyyk. -
- He let out a small laugh at first, but then turned the holocron off. His tiny smile turned into a painfull expression. He crushed the holocron into tiny bits. A small tear fell from his eye. -
- Suddenly, a knock appeared at his door. He quickly reached into his backpack and pulled out his two favorite/only weapons. A lightsaber, and his blaster pistol from his old bounty hunting days. -
- Hero cooed in curiousity at the knock. Shado put his fingers to the Gizka's lips, quickly hushing it. Shado rose to his feet, and cautiously opened the door, with his weapons ready for use just in case. --
- A small group of Selkath authorities appeared before him. They explained that he was under arrest for killing a member of the Sith, which unknown to them, was secretly trying to take the bounty on his head. They explained to him that he would be escorted to the courts and tried right away. His case didn't sound very promising, especially because his "lawyer" wasn't very convincing that he was on his side. Shado was in trouble. Big trouble. The trial soon began ....... -
09-03-2003, 10:38 AM
-=OOC=- Sorry that rp was so long! It was just my introduction to the character. They will be much shorter if I can help it from now on. Once again ... sorry!!!
09-06-2003, 02:11 PM
Brittany would have never been mistaken for the Jedi role model. Her patience was nowhere near great.
"Speak up," she said as she stared into the shop. "Otherwise I'll leave you all to whatever situation you might be in."
09-07-2003, 12:04 AM
- Shado Vorn was sweating bullets. His lawyer brought him before the Selkath judges. As he entered, he quickly noticed Hero was in a small cage in the court room. That pissed Shado off, but there was nothing he could do. He looked at his stay at Manaan as a temporary one, but it was temporarily his sanctuary for the time being. That all changed in less than a day. -
- "How do I get myself into these things?" Shado wondered. -
- Shado figured he had no hope. There wasn't much he could do when the law got involved. He could only hope there was some way to get out of this situation without having an entire planet turn against hiim in the process. As a bounty hunter, Shado could care less if he had to shoot a few blaster bolts to end the problem quickly, but Shado isn't the same as he used to be. Maybe that's a good thing. -
- Things were starting to look bad for Shado. Shado just wanted to lead a new, clean, good life, but this could mess everything up for him. Now he has more than just the bounty on his head to worry about, he has to depend on others to tell his case the way it truly went down. Unfortunately for him, the way it went down looked bad. Real bad. Shado was only defending himself against a Sith officer who had heard of his bounty. The officer wasn't lucky enough to collect on that bounty though. Shado's only trumph card was that if he had to, he'd have to come clean about the bounty on his head, but if the people of Manaan heard about that, he'd be in even more trouble than he is now. He's at a fork in the road, and neither path will be a good one for him, unless someone else lends a helping hand ..... -
Someone please ... lend a helping hand! lol
09-07-2003, 10:34 PM
a jedi named rick ulo who happened to see the "crime" who also happened to know a friend who had been studying gizka decided to lend a helping hand _=court=_
rick and his friend entered with everyone thinking what the hell well he and his friend (who had brought a device to comunicate with gizka) walked up to the cage where hero was and hero told everything (well sort of because rick knew about the bounty so with the power of the force he made hero say the sith guy was drunk and attacked him and he was defending himself) shado thanked rick and they became friends
09-08-2003, 04:34 AM
- The trial was over. Shado Vorn was found not guitly. He could hardly believe what had just happened. A Selkath guard released Hero and handed the Gizka to Shado. Shado noticed the man who saved his life was leaving the court quickly. Shado ran and cought up with him. -
= Shado Vorn =
Hey! Wait up!
= Rick Ulo =
= Shado Vorn =
You saved my ass in there more than you'll probably ever know! Listen, I just want to thank you for saving me. I owe you my life. I also need to ask you something ...
= Rick Ulo =
= Shado Vorn =
How the hell did you get my pet Gizka to talk? And he didn't exactly tell the entire story .... and I know that you know what I mean. You saved me, so I think it's only fair that you know. There's a bounty on my head for quite a large amount of credits. How were you able to keep Hero from saying that?
- Shado looks at Rick and waits to see what he has to say -
Thanks JKLWEHVJKDFBHKH for the helping hand!
09-08-2003, 09:34 AM
your a jedi also he replied i would find it odd that you didnt know
09-08-2003, 03:59 PM
Brittany soon got tired of waiting for an answer. Everybody was just staring at her, which made her uncomfortable. She shook her head and left. As she was walking along the street she noticed two Jedi talking to each other as they left the court. She felt curious and walked over to them to find out what was going on. She stepped in behind them to wait until they were done with their conversation. No sense in being impolite, she figured.
09-08-2003, 07:35 PM
whaen rick, shado, and hero were about to leave as soon as rick turned aroud to leave he and britany almost bonked (i love that word bonked bonked bonked ....) heads together all three said hello and hero cooed a little
09-08-2003, 07:56 PM
- Shado's first impression upon looking at Brittany was one of shock. She happened to look alot like his lost love. His weakness. He didn't know what to say at first, but Rick took the initiative by saying "Hello". Shado figured it would only be polite to do the same. -
H ... hello there ... my name is Shado Vorn, this is Rick Ulo, a man who I just met, who also happened to save my life. The little Gizka rubbing at your heel would be my pet/friend, Hero.
- Shado tried to maintain composure, but he couldn't help himself. He couldn't help but look at Brittany. She looked like his fiance. Too much like her, actually. It haunted him. No .... it horrified him. He decided that it may be a good idea to part ways from the two Jedi he had just met. Maybe he's been alone for a while because it's just how it should be. Maybe he's just a coward who's afraid to confront his past. Who knows? Anyway, Shado decided that it was time he left Manaan. He picked up Hero and gently placed him into his backpack. He then looked at Rick and said .... -
Well ... I suppose it's about time I move on. Once again, I thank you for saving my life. I owe you one, and if we ever cross paths again, I'll be sure to repay the favor.
- He takes Rick's hand to shake it, startled at the sudden change in Shado, he shakes his hand anyway. Shado didn't know if he was welcome before the two Jedi or not, but he felt quite uncomfortable around a particular one. Brittany. She hadn't even had a chance to speak yet, and Shado was ready to flee practically. No matter to Shado. He just needed to get out of there and fast. Far away from anything that reminded him of his past. Shado then turned his head to Brittany, almost as if it was torture to do so. -
W ... well, nice to meet you as well. I better get going. Goodbye, and may the force be with you both.
- Shado then quickly began to walk away. A part of Shado truly wanted to stay ... a big part actually. He just didn't want to be around anything that reminded him of his past. His mind is seemingly in endless conflict with itself. Shado returned to his apartment and began packing his belongings. Hero cooed as if a bit sad that they were leaving Manaan, after just then making new friends. Shado did his best to ignore Hero. Shado continued packing up. -
09-08-2003, 08:31 PM
Brittany had been startled by the sudden change in Shado. She knew she had never seen him before, or had she? Suddenly it came back to her.
He was the fiance of her twin sister. She hadn't seen her sister in a while and wondered if something had happened to her to make Shado act so strange. She watched him go and returned Rick's hello.
"Strange," she muttered.
09-08-2003, 09:40 PM
rick just stared a her and then shado and then her and then shado and then her he was so damn confused humiliated to say to britany what just happend?!?!?!?
09-08-2003, 11:35 PM
Brittany shook her head. "I'm not sure. He was my twin sister's fiance, but I'm guessing something happened. I haven't heard from her in a while. I guess it's time to check back in with her."
09-09-2003, 12:15 AM
- Shado finished his packing and sat on his bed next to Hero. He decided to take a quick rest. After all, this was a very long day for him. -
I know you were excited to meet some new people that actually would have been friends, Hero, but things were just too complicated for me to stick around.
- Hero cooed in curiousity. -
That female Jedi .... she looked like my late fiance. I .... I could barely look her in the eye. Marli, my fiance, tried to kill me. She never loved me at all, she was just with me for the credits that that core slime Jooba the Hutt was paying her to kill me. I ... trusted her. I ..... loved her. Every thing that she said to me .... was a lie. Every time she smiled ... or kissed me ... or even made love to me ... it was all fake. I let my guard down, Hero. That was my mistake. When I looked at that Jedi ... she looked so much like her ... I couldn't stand being there for another second. I ... I don't know why, but I miss Marli. Even if what we had was fake .... it's the only love I ever knew. I ... I ....
- Shado just couldn't hold back anymore. He burried his face in his hands and silently cried. Hero began to coo but stopped himself short. He hopped on Shado's shoulder and licked the side of his face, as if showing love for his friend/family. Shado stopped his crying and hugged Hero. -
Hero, you may not realize it, but you're the best and only friend I've ever had. You're like family to me little buddy.
- Hero cooed happily as if in agreement. -
Alright. Alright! Enough of the sentimental stuff for now. We should get going. I fear that Manaan won't be safe for us much longer. Let's get to the ship.
- Hero hopped into Shado's backpack. Shado opened the door to his room and stepped outside. He paused with the image of the female Jedi he had met still in his mind. He let out a small sigh and closed the door. He then began making his way to his ship, hoping not to run into any trouble along the way. -
09-09-2003, 09:37 AM
he mentioned somithing about a fiance when me were talking ...are you?
09-09-2003, 03:14 PM
"Not me," Brittany said, still puzzled. "My twin sister. Please excuse me."
She ran off before he had a chance to say anything. She contacted her family.
"I need to talk to Marli," she said. Her father frowned.
"If you hadn't been so hard to contact, you would have known that she's dead."
"Dead?" Brittany was shocked. "How?"
"She was working with the Hutts," her dad said. "She was killed by the man she was hunting. Shado Vorn. It serves her right, though, getting involved with the Hutts."
"Right," Brittany felt numb. Suddenly she knew she had to find Shado. She said a quick goodbye to her family and ran off in search of him.
09-09-2003, 07:33 PM
- Shado and Hero finally made their way to the loading docks and were preparing to board their ship, when stopped by a Selkath officer. -
Shado Vorn, I pressume?
Yeah ... that'd be me. Why?
You did not pay the docking fee. We do not have it on record. 100 credits are owed before you are allowed to leave. The fee is non nagotiable.
Oh ... heh ... yeah! The docking fee!
- Shado smacked his forhead as if feeling dumb. -
I ... must have forgotten to pay it!
Save your excuses. I will overlook it this time, if you pay what is owed now. If not, you will be escorted to our prison here on Manaan. Will you pay?
Yeah ... here you go.
- Shado handed the officer 100 credits. The officer then turned without saying another word and walked away. Shado muttered some insults under his breath and was about to turn back to his ship, when he noticed a woman running towards his direction. It was the female Jedi! Shado didn't know what to do, so he decided to stay and see what the Jedi wanted. Secretly, he wanted to stay just to see what would happen. Some scenarios ran quickly ran through his mind. One scenario, was that the woman was actually Marli, who had actually survived, and returned to finish her job. If that was the case, Shado wasn't so sure that he would even try to stop her. Another scenario was that she was just some pretty girl who needed his help or something. He had alot of scenarios running quickly in his thoughts, but he decided to ignore them and wait to see what would happen. -
09-09-2003, 10:36 PM
"You had good reason to kill my sister," Brittany said without introduction. "You are forgiven."
09-09-2003, 11:24 PM
now rick really didnt have any frienind so he fowllowed brittany and saw her and shadow talking hero noticed him and looked at him but he just stayed there...
09-10-2003, 12:19 AM
- Shado stood there in silence. He couldn't really think of what to say, really. He noticed his buddy Rick not too far off in the distance. He motioned for him to join them. Rick came to them shortly after. -
Look, I don't know if you two have important matters to take care of, but I think you should join me on my ship. I owe you both an explanation of why I so rudely left when we last spoke.
- Shado boarded his ship. Shortly after, Brittany and Rick boarded as well. Hero hopped out of Shado's backpack and began walking about the ship on his own. Shado sat in a seat on the ship. Brittany and Rick sat across from him. Shado began to explain himself and his actions to them. -
My name is Shado Vorn. In the past, I was a rutheless bounty hunter. I was only in it for the credits. It didn't matter to me how innocent the person was, what they had a bounty on their head for, or who they were. If I was paid to kill someone, they were killed.
- Shado paused for a moment and looked down to the floor in shame. He then looked back up at the two and began to speak again. -
Time passed and I met Marli. I loved her beyond words. She made me feel things that I didn't know existed within myself. She ..... she made me care. She made me care to a point where I couldn't do what I did anymore. I was going to quit bounty hunting and live a good, honest life with her at my side. Unfortunately, I learned of her real purpose. She was also a bounty hunter. She was hired by my own boss to kill me. You see, to my employer, the fact that I had decided that bounty hunting was no longer for me, meant that money would no longer be in his grubby little hands. So he hired Marli to kill me. Now, Brittany, I need you to know that I wasn't intending on killing Marli. She reached for her blaster to kill me. I reacted on instinct and reflex. I reached for mine. I was faster. I killed her. When I killed her, I killed a part of myself that day. I was angry, confused, depressed .... I changed. For a while I lived without a purpose. That changed one day, when I noticed a little girl being abused by a small Mandalorian clan. I attacked the clan and helped the girl escape. For the first time in my life, I was concerned. I cared. I liked feeling that way about a complete stranger. I wanted to help people. The Jedi Order noticed this, and took me under their wing. They trained me. Eventually, they let me go, because I often let my anger fuel me, but only against people who deserved that anger. They labled my methods unorthadoxed. They probably were. I decided that from then on, I would use my Jedi powers and skill as a former bounty hunter to help anyone I can. I didn't know that I would be the one who needed help the most. The Hutt that placed the bounty on my head is still alive. He's spread the word to many planets about me. He has a very large bounty on my head, and alot of people plan on collecting on it. I'm not asking for help or anything, I just felt that you both deserved to know about me and my past. I .... I should really get going. I need to find a new place for sanctuary. A place to lay low until people forget about me. Thank you both for taking the time out to listen to me though.
- Shado couldn't help but fall in love with Brittany. She looked so much like Marli, but that wasn't what made him fall in love with her. When she said that she forgave him, it just made him feel that familiar feeling inside. She was so compassionate about it. Her voice was soft, and caring. She hardly knew him, and she was ready to forgive him. He needed to be away from her, and quick. His weakness was starting to resurface, and that's not something he wanted to happen again. -
09-10-2003, 01:45 PM
"Now I understand better," Brittany said softly. "You had every right to kill Marli. This knowledge won't make me forget why my sister is not around, but I won't act rashly on that knowledge."
09-10-2003, 07:13 PM
rick did not know what to say so he just stood there
09-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Suddenly, Brittany's composure was gone. She leaned heavily against a wall, her face twisting up in terror and confusion.
"She told me she was going to kill you," she said. "She boasted about how you had trusted her and she was going to kill you. She used to joke so much. I thought it was just a joke."
She collapsed to the ground, shaking in silent grief. Her head came up.
"I could have done something," she cried. "But I didn't."
09-11-2003, 03:22 AM
- Shado never was one to be able to comfort people, usually, he was the one who caused the person's need for it. He placed his hand on Brittany's shoulder. -
Don't blame yourself for this. I don't even blame Marli. I feel it was my fault. I made stupid mistakes in the past. I chose to be a bounty hunter, and this is where it got me. I'm not sorry for my past, but I am trying to reconsile. P ... please, don't blame yourself ... or your sister. Just blame me for this. I deserve it.
- Shado noticed Rick feeling a bit left out of things, so he decided to chat with him a bit while Brittany absorbed what was going on. Shado turned and looked to Rick. -
I haven't forgotten about what you've done for me, Rick. You knew nothing about me, other than the fact that I was in trouble, and needed help. You displayed not just how a Jedi should be, but how a hero should be. I owe you my life. I'll do anything you ask. You've made a friend in me and Hero. We will follow you and protect you with our lives, if that is what you wish.
- Shado noticed Brittany sobbing quietly. He couldn't really didn't know what to say, so he took his thumb and whiped away her tears. Hero then hopped over to her and began cooing for her to pick him up. Shado let out a small yawn and walked over to his bed. -
It's been a pretty long day for me, as I'm sure it's been for both of you as well. I'm going to go to sleep now, I have two more beds in the ship, feel free to stay for as long as you'd like.
- With that said, Shado got into his bed and quickly fell asleep. He trusted the two he was with, which is rare for Shado. Trust is a hard thing for him to accept or offer. -
09-12-2003, 02:38 AM
Brittany picked Hero up and whispered to him for a moment. Then she turned to look at Shado.
"Do you remember the time Marli told you she couldn't make a date with you, but then called back ten minutes later to say she could?" she asked.
09-12-2003, 02:46 AM
- Shado turned over in his bed and faced Brittany to respond to her question. -
Yeah .... I thought it was kind of odd, but I was happy all the same. That date was one of the happiest memories I have of her. Why do you ask? ... Wait a second ... how did you know about that?
09-12-2003, 01:06 PM
"I was the one who called back," Brittany replied. "She scheduled something else on the same night and I didn't think it was fair to cancel your time. I felt she was being rude, so I called and went with you."
09-13-2003, 06:28 PM
"The other times when something similar happened, it was me, too," Brittany continued. "Marli was always scheduling things over top of things. I started filling in for her so her reputation wouldn't decrease."
09-13-2003, 08:51 PM
I...I'm sorry for all of this, Brittany. I know that doesn't make things any better, but I truly am sorry. It was my mistake to feel love. It was a weakness, and it ain't gonna' happen again. I better get some sleep, I'm tired as hell. You should too. I'll understand if you don't want to be on my ship to sleep. Forgive me, Brittany. Forgive me.
- Without expectation of a reply or feeling he deserved one, Shado turned over in his bed and closed his eyes. A sad song was playing in his head. A song that his mother sang to him as a child. It was the only thing he remembered from his mother. It often helped him fall to sleep. -
09-15-2003, 09:39 AM
(sorry i havvent been wrighting on vacation)rick figued it would be good to go to sleep so he did
09-15-2003, 02:28 PM
Brittany stayed awake for several more hours, thinking about her sister and these two men she had met that day. She felt that the Force had some reason for bringing them together, but what was it? She shook her head as if to clear the thought.
Minutes later, she was stretched out on the floor, asleep.
09-16-2003, 09:20 AM
rick was the first one to wake up and he decided to explore he almost tripep on britanny then he did trip on the loud thummp woke shado up...
09-16-2003, 04:32 PM
- Without delay, Shado jumped to his feet, blaster pointed at Rick's head. Rick stood there frozen. Brittany was still asleep. Shado realized it was his friend and holstered his blaster. -
Sorry, Rick. It's a reflex I've come to depend on to stay alive. What are you doing up anyway?
- As he waited for a reply, he noticed Brittany was asleep on the floor. He shook his head and picked Brittany up and gently placed her in his bed and put his cover over her. He then returned to his conversation with Rick. -
09-16-2003, 05:34 PM
(by the way i ment to say i triped on hero) sorry i was just exploreing i like to do thaat
09-17-2003, 01:32 AM
For a moment, Brittany was unable to make out where she was. Then she heard the soft voices of Shado and Rick. She decided to pretend to be asleep and listen to them.
How did I end up on a bed? she wondered.
09-17-2003, 03:55 AM
- Shado let out a small laugh. -
It's okay buddy. I'd just prefer you had told me earlier. I would be more than happy to show you around, but I think right now we should get some sleep.
That sounds all well and good, but I can't sleep.
I know the feeling. I haven't exactly had much of a chance to ever since I got a bounty placed on my head. Oh well. I guess in a way I deserve it.
- Shado and Rick sat down across from eachother. -
Deserved it? Don't be rediculous. Surely you don't really believe that ...
Of course I do. I was a bounty hunter. A cold blooded one at that. I deserve my fate. I'm just trying to make up for what I've done while I'm still alive.
What do you mean by "still alive"?
I've got skills, I'm not going to deny it, but I can't run forever. Someone out there could kill me at any moment. I'm expecting it. My guard will never go down. Hell ... for all I know, you or Brittany could be waiting to collect it.
ME OR BRITTANY?
- Rick forgot that Brittany was sleeping, but remembered and lowered his voice. -
Me or Brittany? How could you say such a thing?
- Shado sighed and looked down. -
I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but I fell in love. I cared about someone, and in the end, I almost got killed because of it. When things like that happen, you tend to build a wall between you and everyone else. I'm not saying that I think you and/or Brittany will try to kill me, but because of my past experiences, I can't rule out that possibility. I'm sorry.
- Rick shook his head. -
That's no way to live, man.
- Shado looked back up at Rick. -
Isn't it? That's the only choice I have right now. I'm not concerned about whether I live or die, I just want my last days to be spent helping those in need. That's the whole reason I became a Jedi. To attone for my past mistakes.
You don't have to close yourself up to everyone in the process though.
Yeah ... I know. You're right. You're a good guy, Rick. I can feel the light side of the Force flowing through you. You just haven't been dealt the card in life that I have. I don't expect you to understand what I'm going through, I just want you to be my friend. You're doing a good job of it, though. I appreciate it.
Yeah .. you're not so bad yourself, Shado. I bet you'd make a fine Jedi, if you'd allow yourself to. I'm tired now. I think I'll get some rest. I expect a tour from you in the morning though ... okay?
- Shaden smiled. -
You got it!
- Rick walked over to his bed, slipped into it, and quickly fell asleep. Shado sat for a moment in thought. He decided to go to sleep himself. As he was about to enter his bed, he noticed that Hero wasn't hopping around the ship anywhere. Shado quickly drew his blaster just in case, but stopped and looked at it. -
No .... no more. I'm a Jedi now. Time to start acting like one.
- Shado placed his blaster on a counter by his bed. He then looked around for Hero. He checked every room but could find no trace of Hero. Suddenly, he heard a cooing sound coming from outside the ship. He gripped his lightsaber just in case there was danger. He opened the door to the ship, and quietly walked down the ramp. He quietly scoped out the area but could see no sign of Hero. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Shado was smacked in the back of his head from a stranger's blaster gun. -
It's about damn time I cought up to you and your annoying little Gizka friend! Now I'll be finishing the job I started. Say goodbye, Shado Vorn.
- The mysterious attacker was in fact, Cassus Fett. Cassus readied his blaster and aimed it at Shado's head .... -
09-17-2003, 12:15 PM
Brittany launched herself from the bed, activating her lightsaber and aiming a wild slash at Cassus' blaster. She succeeded in knocking him backward, but his blaster remained intact. She stood next to Shado.
"He's not alone this time," she growled.
rick ulo 11103
09-17-2003, 02:00 PM
(its me rick i ujst changed my name cause i couldnt remember it)rick jumped up hereing the noise he jumped out got his light reapeating blaster and be fore any one new it fett was dead on the flore rick felt bad about the alover the place and asked where he could find a rag to clean it up
09-17-2003, 05:05 PM
- Shado rubbed the back of his head with a painful expression on his face. He looked at Cassus and then at Brittany and Rick. -
Thanks for the save. I need to train a hell of a lot more. I should have been able to sense Cassus before he attacked me .... I still have a lot to learn.
- Shado, Rick, and Brittany looked around for Hero. They finally came across a small cage that Cassus had placed him in. Shado quickly unlocked the cage and released his friend. Hero cooed as if relieved to see his friends. -
You alright lil' guy?
- Shado pet Hero and Hero cooed a happy response. Shado walked over to Fett, picked him up, and placed him over his shoulder. They all returned to the ship together. Shado dropped Cassus on the floor intentionally, as if purposely showing disrespect to his corpse. Shado sat on his bed and stayed quiet for a few minutes. -
So ... what now?
- Shado looked at Brittany. He smiled as a plan formed in his mind. -
Now, I strip Cassus of his armor and helmet.
Uh ... say what?
- Without a reply, Shado proceeded to strip Fett of his armor and helmet. -
I have a plan to free myself of the bounty on my head. I'll need both of your help though, of course.
Sure .. anything you need. What do you want us to do?
I'm going to dress like Cassus Fett. I'm going to use the dead Cassus and pretend that he's me. I'm going to find the Hutt that put that bounty on my head, bring him this dead body, and collect the very hefty bounty he put on my head ... heh ... kinda like poetic justice ... anyway, this isn't going to be a pretty thing to pull off. I'll have to disfigure Cassus's face to a point where he can't be identified. I may have to just drop him in some lava or something and pull him back out. I can't risk him being identified as Fett. So .... are you in?
- Brittany and Rick looked at Shado, then at eachother. Surely there were tons of questions running in their minds. Maybe some doubt as well. Shado interupted their thoughts. -
Look, I'll understand if you don't want to get involved. I just really don't want to do this ... alone. I'm so tired of being alone. I need you two. Will you help me?
- Shado waited for a response. -
09-17-2003, 10:09 PM
"Whatever you say," Brittany said, her eyes showing clearly she was uncertain about what they were doing.
09-17-2003, 10:29 PM
- Shado paused for a moment and then grabbed his blaster. -
I have a better idea. This will be a bit messy, so don't look.
- Brittany and Rick looked away. Shado shot off a few blaster shots to Cassus's face. He certainly wasn't recognizable anymore. -
I have to put on his armor and helmet, so uh ... I'll be in the other room for a few minutes. Thanks.
- Shado went in to the other room with Cassus' armor and helmet in his arms. He took off his clothes and began changing into Fett's armor.-
We need a main villain in this, so if you two have any ideas, feel free to share.
09-18-2003, 09:44 AM
im swichting through names so i hope you dont mind) rick didnt answer but he smiledwhen shado came in(im not good at makiiiing villains srry)
09-20-2003, 02:18 AM
(I'll do the villain too if you'd like.)
Brittany nodded in approval.
"It's a good thing you and Fett were so close in height. You might not have been able to pull that off as well."
09-20-2003, 03:51 AM
- Shado blushed a bit under the armor -
Well ... heh ... the armor is all well and good in the height department, it's just he has small feet, so his boots are killing mine at the moment. So the sooner we get this done, the better!
- Without another word, Shado started up his ship. After spending a little time in space, he kicked the ship into lightspeed. Soon after, they had arrived to where Shado got a lead on the Hutt who put a bounty on his head. -
Where we headin', Shado?
Tatooine. Hope you have a lot of water packed away. We'll need it.
The Hutt's on Tatooine eh?
Well it certainly isn't unheard of ...
- After a brief moment of silence, the trio broke into a heavy laughter. Shado was the first to stop. He looked at Brittany and felt a warmth in his heart that he hadn't felt in a while. He quickly shook it off and brought his attention back to flying. Elsewhere, a new threat was preparing to arise for the trio .... -
That'd be cool, wildjedi. Go ahead and start the next rp as the villain.
rick ulo 11103
09-20-2003, 01:59 PM
oh i get it now fett was supposed to be the villain srry
09-20-2003, 05:36 PM
lol no Cassus was small potatoes. He's dead now. We need like a Sith Lord to go up against. No need to appologize, you didn't do anything wrong! :D
rick ulo 11103
09-20-2003, 08:04 PM
i got a plot for the villain dark jedi pursuades hutt to putt bounty on shadow for some reason or other:saberr: :saberg:
09-20-2003, 10:00 PM
That's a cool idea, but this isn't just about my character. It's about Brittany, Rick, and Hero too. I'm going to settle the bounty problem soon, so we'll have to have the main villain discover us or something and what all three of us dead .. hence the plot thickens.
rick ulo 11103
09-21-2003, 02:42 PM
ok sounds good:)
rick ulo 11103
09-21-2003, 04:09 PM
rick was wondering why the three of them were such good friends he realized that he had only knew these people for two days he realized he should be on gourd which helped when they arrived in tantooine but not aggainst his friends...
09-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Meanwhile, on a planet far away from the trio, two reptillian Jedi are trapped in a dark room. They are huddled in a corner, wondering how they will get out. Suddenly, a door on the catwalks above the floor opens. It shuts instantly after it opens and the Jedi can feel. A dark presence has entered the room.
One of the Jedi begins to choke, but is suddenly released. Their lightsabers clank to the ground at their feet. They instantly activate their lightsabers, bathing the room in green and blue light, but still leaving many shadows. A shadow separates from a larger one and steps into the light. The Jedi tense. A woman?
She is not carrying anything, or is she? Reaching to her back, she brings forth an odd lightsaber. It has a long handle. The woman backs away from the two Jedi and they step forward. Once again she backs away and once again the Jedi follow her.
Suddenly, with an instant reaction the Jedi leap forward as the woman activates two crimson blades from her lightsaber. One of them lands behind her and the other in front. An evil smile crosses her face.
In a fluid motion, the woman leaps out of the way of the Jedi, causing their lightsabers to clash. Then, moving quickly, she beheads them both as they stand.
"Too easy," she mutters. She activates a comlink. "I am ready, master."
09-21-2003, 10:24 PM
- Elsewhere, Shado's ship, the Widowmaker, lands on Tatooine. Shado, Brittany, and Rick prepare to exit the ship. Hero hops toward them as if wanting to follow, but Shado motions for Hero to stay put. -
Listen lil' buddy, I know you want to come with us, but this time I need you to stay on the ship. In fact ... Brittany, Rick, I need you two to stay on the ship and let me get off first. I can't let anyone see you with me. I'm supposed to be Cassus Fett, remember.
- Without waiting for a reply, Shado exits the ship. -
=Shado thinks to himself=
Good thing the Czerka Corperation isn't here to collect a docking fee. I forgot my credits back on the ship anyway.
- Shado proceeds to make his way to Tatooine's Cantina, where Avo the Hutt does his business. Rick and Brittany prepare to exit the ship, they know better than to let Shado go alone, they'll just keep some distance though. -
Stay here and protect the ship, okay, Hero?
- Hero coos in agreement. Rick gives Brittany an odd look as the two exit the ship. -
What? Why are you looking at me like that?
"Protect the ship"?
Well he agreed to it .. didn't he?
- Rick shrugs in response. The two slowly make their way to the cantina. Little known to them, Hero is also following them. Shado enters the cantina to find Avo the Hutt sitting there with the same look on his face that Shado has seen one too many times before. Greed. Shado walks up to Avo. -
I'm here to collect on the bounty of Shado Vorn.
Are you? What proof do you have of his death?
- Shado pulls out his old blaster from his bounty hunting days, he gives it one last look as if saying goodbye to it. He hands it to Avo. Avo studies it and then studies Shado or who he thinks is Cassus Fett. -
If that's not enough proof, I have his dead corpse on my ship.
- Shado mentally crossed his fingers in hopes that the blaster would be enough proof for Avo. -
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! So he is finally dead. He has been killed by the great Cassus Fett. There is no need of any further proof, the only way you would have gotten this blaster is from is cold dead grip.
That's exactly how I got it.
Then all that is left now is for me to pay you!
- Avo motioned for his Twi'lek enforcer to come forward. The Twi'lek came to Shado with a suit case in his hands. He handed the case to Shado then returned to Avo's side. -
One million credits! You are officially a rich man, Cassus Fett! Well done. The credits are all there, you can count it if you wish.
- Shado knew that Avo always made good on his debts, and that it was not wise to stay any longer than he had to. -
Nice doing business with you, Avo. I may return soon for another job.
Oh I doubt that, Shado.
- Not good. Shado knew right away that his cover was blown. He reached for his lightsaber and a quick snap hiss sound was heard throughout the cantina. He was in a lot of trouble now. -
How stupid do you take me for, Shado Vorn?
Do you really want me to answer that?
Ha ha ha ha ha! Funny man till the end I see. I knew from the start that you were Shado Vorn. Besides, Cassus would never take the money and run without counting it first. But that is not how I knew it was you. You see, you've been followed all the way to this cantina, Shado Vorn.
Oh? By whom?
By a new business associate of mine. She knows you are a Jedi. Her business with you is her own, but she sent some Sith troopers here to deal with you. Nice knowing you, Shado Vorn.
- Shado readied his lightsaber but it was too late for him. He was surrounded by too many Sith troopers to successfully defend himself. He had no choice but to surrender. His only hope now, was Brittany and Rick. He hoped in the back of his mind that they had not been found as well. -
You're coming with us, Shado. Someone very special wants to meet you.
A date with a Wookie sounds more tempting then going with you guys. No offense to any Wookies ... of course.
Funny. Not funny enough. Take him way.
- Shado was forced to board a ship of the Sith. Elsewhere, Brittany and Rick were facing their own problem. Some Sith troopers were in fact surrounding them as well. They, however, had better odds and more skill as Jedi than Shado. They prepared to fight as Shado was taken away from Tatooine. They were too late to save him, but that didn't mean they couldn't follow the ship ... -
Nice rp, wildjedi. I think that a female dark lord would be pretty cool. I don't really know what the Sith Lord wants with Shado, so help me out and make something up. I think that the female Jedi should be the Sith Lord though, in my opinion. Maybe she heard of Shado's skill and wants him to join her, or maybe she has other interests ... whatever. Up to you.
rick ulo 11103
09-22-2003, 01:09 AM
hero saw that shado was being taken away and bit one of the sith troopers on the leg causing a great distraction
=ooc= dont know if shadow wants to be capture or not ill let him do the next rp
09-22-2003, 04:35 AM
Shado was already captured and taken off the planet. Rick and Brittany have to finish off the troopers and head to Shado's ship to catch up with the Sith and follow them to wherever he's being taken to.
- Shado watched through a window in his cell/room and could see the planet Tatooine getting smaller and smaller as the Sith ship flew further and further away from it. Shado had been stripped of Fett's armor and was given a prisoner outfit to wear. Shado hoped that his friends were doing okay, even if he'd never see them again. He hoped they would look for him. His thoughts were suddenly interupted as a few Sith soldiers entered his room. Shado could not defend himself because he was covered in shackles. He sat up against a wall and waited to see what the troopers would do. -
=Sith Trooper 1=
I've heard about you and your "great" skill, Shado Vorn. You don't look anything special to me.
=Sith Trooper 2=
Careful, he's a "Jedi" now!
=Sith Trooper 1=
Oooooo! A former bounty hunter turned Jedi! You must be one tough son of a blaster!
=Sith Trooper 3=
I don't see what makes him so special. Shackle up a Jedi and they're just like any other brainless animal in a cage. Ha!
Actually, I'm even more of an animal when I'm not in shackles. Care to try me?
=Sith Trooper 2=
You just keep your mouth shut, nobody said you could speak.
Just because I'm your prisoner, doesn't mean I have to listen to a damn thing you say you core slime bantha breathed poo doo eatin' son of a ...
=Sith Trooper 2=
- The trooper took his blaster rifle and began decking Shado in the stomach with it repeatedly. One of the other troopers finally stopped him. -
=Sith Trooper 1=
Hey, I'd like nothing more than to watch you beat this scum into nothing, but we have specific orders that he is captured alive. Don't forget that.
=Sith Trooper 3=
Yeah, alive, but I don't recall hearing anything about "in perfect condition".
=Sith Trooper 1=
- The three sith troopers then started beating down on a defensless Shado Vorn. Shado finally passed out from the pain. Afterward, the Sith captain entered the room and ordered the three to cease their actions. -
=Sith Trooper 1=
"Bounty hunter turned Jedi" ... what a load of garbage. Ha!
- The Sith then left Shado passed out in his cell/room. -
09-23-2003, 12:21 AM
When Shado regained consciousness, he was in a dark room. He could tell that there were two levels to it. After wandering around for a moment, he stumbled over a pile of bodies. He frowned as he realized that it was the troopers that had knocked him out. He went a little further and found the two reptilian Jedi who had been killed before.
Suddenly, he looked up. A source of light had been powered on and he could see that the floor of the second level was made of glass. Two people were fighting. Both had red lightsabers and Shado wondered what they were fighting about. Presently, he found he could hear what they were saying.
"I have trained you well," the elder one said. The younger one laughed and Shado jumped. A woman?
"Too well, former master," she said. Shado felt his blood run cold. He had heard that voice before. "I shall defeat you."
With a leap, the woman avoided the blade of her master and activated the second blade on her lightsaber.
"I've been holding back," she said coldly. Suddenly, Shado knew where he had heard that voice. It was shared by two people he knew. Could it be possible that Marli had survived?
Then Shado heard a screech and looked up. The woman's lightsaber was cutting slowly through her master's chest. With one last cry, he fell to the floor and the woman turned to look down at Shado.
"We meet again, Shado Vorn," she said. This time Shado knew for a fact that it was Marli.
"But I killed you," Shado objected. Marli smirked.
"Yes you did," she replied. "And I'd like to return the favor, but I'm going to let you sit here for a while. Maybe your pitiful friends will get here and I'll have three times the fun."
With a laugh, she left the room and the light went out, leaving Shado in darkness.
09-23-2003, 01:31 AM
- Many thoughts and emotions ran through Shado as he stood there in the dark. Past memories of being with Marli and with Brittany also ran through his mind. He could finally tell when he was with Brittany and when he was with Marli. When he thought of Marli, he no longer felt love for her, but anger and hatred. Thoughts and emotions of the dark side .... -
Marli? .... MARLI! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME! GET BACK OUT HERE AND FACE ME YOU COWARD!
- Shado must have struck a nerve, because the light returned to the room, as well as Marli. -
"Coward" am I? It's funny of you of all people to call anyone a coward, Shado Vorn. Unless I'm mistaken, it was YOU who always ran away from your emotions, am I right?
You're damn right, actually. You're also the very reason that I run even faster from them now!
I figured you'd say that. I can say this much though, at least I have emotions to run from. You ruined my life, Marli. I changed because I thought I found love in you, but it wasn't even you. It was Brittany all along. Did you ever once feel anything for me during the time we were together?
No ... don't bother with an answer. I pretty much know what you'd say anyway. My own life doesn't mean much to me anymore, but as long as I still breathe, you will not hurt my friends. This is between me and you anyway, Marli. Let's end it now.
- Shado took one last look at Marli, before he prepared to fight. The funny thing is, all he could think about, was Brittany. Marli didn't give Shado much time to think though, as she charged at him with her lightsaber. Shado used the force to summon a lightsaber used by one of the dead reptillian jedi. It landed in his hand. A snap hiss was heard and the fight began. Shado knew he didn't have a hope in this fight, Marli's skills far outweighed his, but that wouldn't stop him from at least staying alive long enough to see Brittany one last time ... -
09-23-2003, 02:22 PM
Marli laughed as she drove Shado into a wall.
"Looks like I've done more training than you," she said. Pushing him back against the wall, she activated the second blade of her lightsaber and tossed it up. It spun and landed in her hand. This gave Shado enough time to get away from the wall and he took the chance. He ran to the lift and went up to the second level.
"More running away?" Marli scoffed when she caught up with him. Shado didn't have time to respond. Instead he heard her voice change. No, it wasn't Marli. Brittany had found him!
"He was right to run away," Brittany cut in. "After all, an idiot like yourself may have more ability, but Shado has the brains."
In anger, Marli whirled on her sister, barely giving her time to get her lightsaber. Brittany managed to get her lightsaber and retreated to the lower level. There, with a smirk, she brought out a second lightsaber. By this time, Marli was on the second level and approached her sister again. With one final touch, Brittany reached out with the Force and activated the lightsaber of the other reptillian Jedi, causing it to float up behind Marli.
"You may be powerful," Brittany said, "but so am I."
"I should have killed you when I had the chance," Marli snarled. In a moment, the anger on her face was replaced with fear. She had only barely been able to defend herself from the three lightsabers that were attacking her. She rolled out of the way of another attack. This was not going as she had planned.
Finally, she unleashed as much power from the Force that she could muster. It put forth a devestating blow and knocked Brittany backward into a wall. Brittany was momentarily stunned and when she looked up, she saw four lightsabers pointing at her.
"Game over," Marli said with a smirk. "I win."
As if savoring the moment, she brought the lightsabers down slowly and closed her eyes. Suddenly her eyes snapped open. Three of the lightsabers dropped and Marli tripped over something. Brittany had rolled out of the way, right into Marli's legs. Bringing her two lightsabers back to her own hands, she whirled and stabbed blindly. With a cry of rage and pain Marli kicked Brittany. Both of Brittany's lightsabers had pierced Marli's left leg.
Brittany went stumbling backward and hit her head on the wall. She was defenseless. Shado and Rick stood in Marli's way, protecting the now unconscious Brittany. Hero sat next to Brittany, licking her face and trying to wake her up...
09-23-2003, 06:36 PM
- Shado and Rick stood before Marli, lightsabers at their ready for battle positions. Their focus was completely on Marli, now. -
Two against one? How fun!
You should stick to being dead, it suits you much better than rhyming does.
- Marli gave Rick a dirty look. Shado would normally laugh at a comment like that, but he wasn't exactly in a laughing mood. -
You will not hurt my friends like you've hurt me, Marli. I will stop, even if it's with my last breath. I love Brittany. Rick is my friend. I'm not running anymore. LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH!
Oh ... how sweet! Aren't Jedi supposed to keep their pathetic little feelings locked away? Oh well. You could never be the Jedi I have become anyway, Shado. I am fueled by the Dark side. I have TRUE power. You will die here, and so will your love and your friend. Speaking of ....
- Marli focused her gaze on Rick. She waved her hand, and suddenly, Rick turned his attention ... and his lightsaber ... to Shado. Shado kept his focus on Marli, but realized what she was doing. -
What are you doing, Rick?
I ... I ...
I think it would be so much more fun to watch your friend kill you instead. Kill him Rick. Now.
- Rick had no choice. He attacked Shado. Shado did his best to defend himself without hurting Rick or getting hurt himself, for that matter. -
I ... I'm sorry Shado. I can't help it!
Don't be sorry. This is Marli's doing. FIGHT IT!
- The barely lit room was filled with the sparks of lightsabers hitting eachother. Rick seemed to be getting the better of Shado, but Shado would only defend himself. He wouldn't attack his friend. As the two battled, Shado yelled for Rick to fight Marli's will. Rick tried his best to do so. -
She ... she's too powerfull! I CAN'T STOP!
YES YOU CAN! FIGHT HER, RICK! I BELIEVE IN YOU!
- Rick was no novice when it came to being a Jedi. He trained hard, and he trained well. He used up all the power he could muster to defy Marli's will. As his blade was about to strike Shado for the kill, it halted. Rick was once again in control! -
Well done, my friend. Well done.
Nothin' I couldn't handle, buddy.
- Rick let out a small laugh, then brought his attention back to Marli. Marli said nothing as she stared at the two Jedi. A look of rage and anger came over her. -
Good for you, Rick. You must feel very proud of yourself. I was considering having you join my side after killing Shado and Brittany .. and that damn Gizka, but you just pissed me off. BAD IDEA!
- Marli used the Force to slam Rick against the wall. He landed unconscious next to Brittany and Hero. Marli returned her attention to Shado. -
And what about you, Shado? Things can be different now. Perhaps somewhere deep down, I may have had some feelings for you. I could train you in the ways of the Dark Side of the Force. We could be together again, this time you could have me any way you desire. What do you think?
- Shado stood before Marli in silence. His lightsaber did the talking for him. He twirled it in his hand a bit in an artistic display. It returned to its battle ready possition. Shado was through with words. -
No? Fine. I gave you a chance. You blew it. You'll die now, Shado Vorn. But first, lets move the battle location to somewhere else.
- Marli exited the room quickly. Shado was about to follow but stopped and turned to Brittany, Rick, and Hero. He knelt down before them. Hero let out a long, sad coo for his friends and for him. Shado pet his head gently. -
They'll be fine, Hero. They're strong.
- Shado turned his attention to an unconscious Rick. -
You've been a good friend for the little time that we've known eachother, Rick. I know you can't hear me, but this is probably the last time I will be able to speak to you. I can honestly say that you are a good friend, and I trust you with my life. I haven't trusted anyone. Ever. Take care of Brittany and Hero for me. Goodbye, my friend.
- Shado patted Rick on the shoulder then turned his attention to Brittany. He held her his arms as he spoke to her. -
You changed me, Brittany. You helped me believe in myself, you tought me how to love. I don't think of love as a weakness any longer. Thanks to you, I think of it as a strength. I love you Brittany. I will always love you.
- Shado leaned down a bit and kissed Brittany gently on her lips. He then gently placed her against the wall. Shado leaped to his feet. He was ready for his final battle with Marli. He took one last look at Hero, Rick, and Brittany, then turned and followed where Marli had ran off to. -
09-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Marli was waiting for Shado on an extremely narrow catwalk high above an ocean. Shado looked around and realized that the building he had just left was the only structure on the small island and covered the entire island. He wondered breifly where the catwalk led, but then turned his attention to Marli.
"So we fight again," she said. Her head was bowed and she was on her knees. Shado allowed a smile to cross his face. She had been weakened by loss of blood. Suddenly he remembered why. Brittany had stabbed her left leg. That explained why she was on her knees.
"One last time," he replied. Marli's head came up and he could see uncertainty written in her eyes. Finally she nodded.
"One last time," she repeated. She staggered to her feet and brought her lightsaber out. She smiled, but Shado thought it looked more like a grimace. He advanced slowly and she lunged at him. He jumped over her and turned around to see her grasping wildly for her lightsaber. She had fallen to the ground and it had fallen from her grasp. It was rolling for the edge of the catwalk.
She lunged for it, but that was a foolish move to make. She grabbed the lightsaber just as it began its plunge toward the ocean, but her plunge took her over the edge of the catwalk. With a shriek, she twisted, her hand grasping at the edge of the catwalk. Amazingly, she managed to hang on. Shado came to stand over her, uncertain as to what he would do.
"Don't kill me," she whined. "Please don't."
For a moment, Shado felt pity. Then he shook his head.
"I already have," he said. "You're already dead. What more is there to do?"
With that, he turned and left to see about his friends.
"Where are you going, coward?" she shrieked. "Don't you want to let a dead person be buried properly? Help me up."
"You don't exist any more," he called back over his shoulder. At this moment, her luck ran out. Her fingers slipped and with one last shriek, she fell into the waves, thousands of feet below. Shado grimaced. Nobody could survive a fall like that, not even Marli, who had survived his blaster.
As he neared the door a powerful wave of the Force washed over him, sending him crashing into the door. This was truly the last anybody would ever see of Marli Menton.
09-24-2003, 12:05 AM
- Shado, a little shaken from the Force wave, returned to his feet. He made his way back to the room, where Brittany, Rick, and Hero still were. There was also another person standing by them. An elderly man draped in the robes of a Jedi. His lightsaber was in his hand, the blade was green. He was in a battle ready position. Shado thought it wise to prepare himself just in case. A quick snap hiss was heard and Shado was ready for whatever danger awaited him in the mysterious old man. -
I followed your friends on their ship, I even saw everything that went down here, young one. You have much to learn. Your skills are almost laughable!
You picked the wrong time to make jokes, old man.
- The old man walked closer to Shado with his lightsaber pointing down. He closed it and put it back on his belt. -
Hit me once, and I will leave you be.
I don't even know you. What makes you think I would strike an unarmed man anyway?
Just because I am unarmed and old, does not mean that I am not a danger to you, young one. Now hit me. My patience is wearing thin, boy!
- Shado was tired of games and tired of running. He figured he'd try and hit the old man in the foot, stun him a little and the whole thing would be over. -
- Shado lunged at the old man, his lightsaber ready to stun his foot. Big mistake. The old man easily moved and Shado got an elbow to the face for his trouble. -
You aimed for my foot? Was that intentional? COME ON BOY!
- Shado was starting to get a little pissed off. He wanted this to be over with and fast. He got serious this time and did his best to hit the Jedi. Each attempt he missed and got punched, kicked, and tripped for his trouble. He felt stupid and embarrassed, but stayed on his guard. He didn't know the old man and figured he was just a crazy old cook. He returned to his feet in a battle ready stance. -
You have much to learn, boy. You have convinced me that you are in dire need of my help. I will train you.
Train me? What are you talking about? Listen, old man, you're obviously insane and in need of some serious help. GO GET SOME!
I take it that that was your attempt at humor. A poor attempt, but an attempt nonetheless. I am Master Kal Neram. I saw you back on Tatooine. You could have avoided this entire situation, but you lacked the skill. I will train you.
- Shado knew the old man was right, and he did need the training badly if he truly wanted to be a good Jedi. Shado nodded his head in agreement. -
Fine. You can train me, but let's get off of this planet already. I'm tired, my friends are unconscious, and I don't want to be here anymore.
Very well. Pick up both of your friends and run them as quickly as you can to your ship. I will be watching, and timing. Be quick.
- Shado didn't exactly like the idea of someone bossing him arround, but he also understood that it was part of his training, and that a similiar situation could someday arise, where he would need to act with haste. He ran over to Brittany and Rick, picked them both up, placed them over his shoulders and carried them as quickly as he could to his ship. Hero hopped along behind him. Master Neram kept his eyes strictly on Shado, studying his every move. Finally, Shado made it to the ship. The docking bay was open. He boarded the ship, Hero followed. Shado kneeled to the side a bit and placed Rick in a bed. He then kneeled over to the other side and placed Brittany in a bed. Master Neram entered the ship shortly after. -
Nice job, Shado. In the time it took you to do this, you would have already been turned into ashes from the Sith's blaster rifles. PATHETIC!
- An infuriated look came across Shado's face. He stood before the Master Jedi and defended his actions. -
PATHETIC? LISTEN HERE YOU CRUSTY OLD BANTHA! I JUST WENT THROUGH ALOT, I WAS BEATEN NEARLY TO DEATH BY A FEW SITH SOLDIERS ...
Just a few? - Neram let out a small giggle -
THIS ISN'T A LAUGHING MATTER! YOU JUST BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY ...
- Shado would have continued, accept he noticed Brittany regaining her consciousness. He quickly shut his mouth and came to her side. -
09-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Suddenly, Brittany was wide awake. She launched herself onto her feet, both lightsabers on and ready. She looked around in confusion and put her lightsabers away.
"Marli?" she asked.
"She's gone," Shado replied. Brittany relaxed and her eyes finally saw the old man. Her eyes focused on him and she nodded.
"I met you once," she said. "A very long time ago."
"It isn't exactly a long time," he replied. "It's just not as easy to remember what happened when you were three."
rick ulo 11103
09-24-2003, 01:59 PM
rick had been a wake for a while but he was curious so he pretended he noticed master nram looking at him he probably knew he was awake but he didnt tell him to get up he was surprised when shado kissed her
09-25-2003, 02:21 AM
- Shado quickly pulled himself away from Brittany, as if startling himself of doing such an act so quickly and foolishly. -
Br ... I'm sorry ... I ... I didn't mean to do that. I ... I'm glad you and Rick are doing well. Marli's dead. This time she won't be coming back. I should get this ship off of the ground ... I ... I better go.
- Shado quickly made his way to the other room of the ship and sat in the pilot seat. He turned some switches, pressed some buttons, and soon the Widowmaker was in the sky. Brittany went to follow Shado, but Master Neram stopped her. He shook his had, as if telling her it wasn't a good idea at the moment. She nodded her head slightly, as if understanding what he meant and agreeing. As the ship turned a little bit to dodge an asteroid that was nearing it, the turn caused everyone to stumble back a bit, and Rick to fall out of his bed. He rose to his feet as if a little embarrassed. -
So ... what's with the old guy?
I am not old, I am wise. You clearly are not. You seem to be a fairly skilled Jedi, young one, but your tongue could one day get you in some big trouble!
Calm down you two.
- The three sat down on seperate beds and carried a conversation. The scene switched back to Shado Vorn. Once again, he had a lot on his mind. Marli was gone for good. Part of him was pleased and relieved, and another part of him could care less. He was over her. He felt a bit stupid for blatantly kissing Brittany. He felt that he should appologize to her, later on. He was also wondering where they should go to next. He got his answer when he noticed his ship was getting a little low on fuel. He'd have to land at the nearest planet : Korriban. Shado didn't like the idea of landing on that planet because of it's well known reputation of holding many Sith, but he didn't really have much choice. -
We're landing on Korriban. Prepare yourselves ... - Shado shouted -
What business do we have on Korriban, padawan? - Neram shouted back -
It's the ship. She needs to be refueled, plus, I'm sure we could all use a rest for a few days, and a bite to eat. I'm starving.
- Shado grew quiet after he alerted his friends of where they were heading. He didn't exactly have a lot of friends on Korriban, in fact, he didn't know anyone from Korriban. He only knew of its reputation, and he didn't like that. He didn't like that one bit. -
rick ulo 11103
09-28-2003, 03:11 AM
I BEAT THE GAME TODAY WOHOO
BEFORE::deathstar AFTER::deathii: :D :D :D :lsduel:
09-28-2003, 03:41 AM
LOL Congradulations! I think we should stop this thread and just do the new one I made up. Starting over, from scratch. You guys make the call though. I'm for it either way. :fett:
rick ulo 11103
09-28-2003, 06:28 PM
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.