PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Eeth Koth

PerfectJamie
03-13-2003, 04:18 PM
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10300.jpg

this is my very early model of Eeth Koth, the texture is temp too, I am going to have to do alot of work on him, but can anyone get me a side view of his head? I cant find any

Higginson
03-13-2003, 05:15 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally some1 is makin an eeth koth! the pic looks a bit weird, but i think this should turn out pretty good. i will try to find sum pics for u, and will mail thm to u wen i find thm

PerfectJamie
03-13-2003, 06:01 PM
yea the pic looks wierd cause, the textures arn't the real one, and I dont have the side of his head done yet so his horn isnt extruded from the right places, Im shure it will look better once im done with him :) happy to have support for a change

Higginson
03-13-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty crap at makin stuff apart frm mods, so the most support i can give is critisism(sp?) and ref pics. i havent got any of the side of his head yet, but i'll keep lookin for thm :D

Rebel_Spy
03-13-2003, 07:15 PM
Jamie, glad to see you again here on the lucasforums, long time no see dude. Well, it's a good star indeed.

My two cents:

- The two big horn on the front, I think they could be widest on the base, and I think they are a little wrong oriented.

- The nose is too wide right now, though.

- For the references pics, you can always try to find some pics of the actor that play Eeth Koth on the movies.

well, that's all for now, hope to see the body soon. Good luck, buddy!

EDIT: found the name of the guy: Hassani Shapi

SkiTzoGuy
03-13-2003, 10:48 PM
OMG! :eek:
i can't wait to see Eeth Koth..
man I hope everything comes out ok :D
Take your time in makin this model... time and practice makes perfect..
keep up with the good work!

PerfectJamie
03-14-2003, 06:59 AM
thx for your supports, I hope to get all done too, (not like my other attemps)

Rebel_Spy
03-14-2003, 01:59 PM
To be honest, my friend, you only need practice. So, keep working dude, and follow some tutorials and stuff, you will get better in no time!

Crowy
03-19-2003, 12:31 AM
wow i totally cant wait, im a huge fan if eeth koth

PerfectJamie
03-19-2003, 07:24 AM
work is going well, I have alot done since the last picture i showed. I still need that side view of his head and his arms, legs

help would be apreciated

Zathu Koon
03-19-2003, 08:24 AM
You could always go out and buy the action figure for reference. Its like what, 4 bucks now?

Heres some figure pics:

http://www.rebelscum.com/potj/eethkoth_front2.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/potj/eethkoth_front3.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/potj/eethkoth_side.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/potj/eethkoth_back.jpg

PerfectJamie
03-19-2003, 09:37 AM
thx, thoughs should help alot

Hekx
03-19-2003, 09:44 AM
I might be able to help with some reference shots. If you want more pictures of the figure, I can take some and scan them. ;)

If I get a collection of ref shots together, I'll give you a link to the directory.

Anyway, good work on the head so far. It's good to see some of the 'minor' (not human :p) models are being done. :)

SkiTzoGuy
03-20-2003, 03:21 AM
Are there any new updates on Eeth Koth?
Looks good... Very good so far.. keep up with the good work!
:D I can't wait for all of these cool humanoid jedis to come out!

PerfectJamie
03-20-2003, 04:39 AM
ok its a bit updated from before, I think it looks better now
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10374.jpg

comments?

Khier
03-21-2003, 03:16 AM
Cheers, PerfectJamie, you've made my day :cheers:

Ah yes, finally :), this is great news for me, I've been waiting for this for some time now, and I am absolutely willing to gather as many pictures of Eeth as I can, what's really great about this model is that the horn pattern is quite similar to my RP character's except for the direction of the big horns as you can see in my avatar, anyways I only have one crit at this early stage, the bigger horns on the side need to be curved more, they're crooked and bent looking right now I can see the face needs quite a bit of work so I'll wait until some more work is done there before I comment at that point, I'll be following this model's progress very closely and will give out as much constructive criticism as I can. Nice job so far, things can only get better from here on :)

Higginson
03-21-2003, 12:22 PM
I thought i sed this earlier, but obviously i didnt. i was gonna say tht eeth koth has a kind of crouching tiger thing goin on, if u no wot i mean. the front of the head is completely bald, and tht the hair starts in the middle of the head goin backwards.

Eldritch
03-21-2003, 01:11 PM
The head looks elongated. Try reducing the vertical size and slightly enlarging the horizontal size.

SkiTzoGuy
03-22-2003, 10:42 PM
Well good job so far PerfectJamie....
I think that the forehead should have one more horn in the middle... im just comparing this to the picture and the model picture... it looks like the model picture has four horns....but there is supposed to be five. :D

DarkLord60
03-23-2003, 02:46 AM
Hey its a start.

PerfectJamie
03-23-2003, 03:35 AM
thx all for the info, I'll be working more on his head

Crowy
03-25-2003, 02:02 AM
how goes work on his head? cause it was looking good enough for me as was.... sort of (needed hair hehehe)

PerfectJamie
03-25-2003, 07:12 AM
its looking realy good now! I am almost finished! can someone skin him for me? cause the skin i am using now is just a picture from the movie. Khier Serakk if you want to I can send you the uvmaps of my model once he is finished so that you can make your rp character skin :)

Crowy
03-25-2003, 05:52 PM
already finished?!? did you jsut use qui-gon or obi wan or windus robes?!? if not... WOW!!! id offer to skin it, but i cant im too crap and lazy :D

Khier
03-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Whoa... that was quick, are you going to add robes and a hood for the full Jedi experience? No Jedi would be complete with out them heh ;), and actually I wouldn't do the actual skinning but I know of a couple of people who could help me out with that.

ninja
03-26-2003, 04:58 AM
this will be interesting :D

Crowy
03-26-2003, 05:06 AM
why dont you create a new thread in the skinning showcase forum? thats bound to get it skinned by someone

PerfectJamie
03-26-2003, 07:17 AM
lol I meant I am almost finished with his head :p anyway, yes I am adding robes (hooded, unhooded)

Khier
03-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Ok, it's good to see that you're doing the different hooded and robed versions, heh I think there was a little misunderstanding among some people, including myself. So anyways, would you have some screenshots of the head that we could ogle? :p

PerfectJamie
03-27-2003, 07:31 AM
give me a day and i should have something showable ;)

Crowy
03-27-2003, 07:34 AM
im gunna have to hold you to that!!! you rock man!

Crowy
03-31-2003, 07:18 AM
i hope your not dead or anytihng.... its been well over a day, and your the only person brave enough to take on eeth koth!!!

PerfectJamie
03-31-2003, 08:59 AM
lol thx, ok here I have him

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10511.jpg

hope you guys like him! I am looking for a skinner (got his uvmaps)

Crowy
03-31-2003, 09:02 AM
that body is temporary right?

Rebel_Spy
03-31-2003, 11:08 AM
It looks like your old Obi-Wan body, dude. Am I correct on this? Now, my feedback about it: The arms looks too large, tho. And the head is kinda too big for that body, you may check that out.

PerfectJamie
03-31-2003, 04:15 PM
no i made the body from scratch, it looks like the obi-wan body because most jedis wear the same kind of clothing, I will fix him up a bit

DarkLord60
03-31-2003, 07:02 PM
Yes head is way to big with that body.

boinga1
03-31-2003, 07:04 PM
the hips and down need to be a little wider. the body needs to rounder, um...gee...talk to toonces or sme1 who has made a lot of models to get help.

DarkLord60
03-31-2003, 08:15 PM
Yes listen to Boinga1

PerfectJamie
04-01-2003, 06:59 AM
ok! I'll be back :p (so is the head ok? other than too big?)

Crowy
04-01-2003, 07:38 AM
okay consider this positive criticism...

the head would over weigh his body making him all arse up... but his arms are so long he would catch himself before falling....

he doesnt really look good in a dress... and your jedi robes lack the smoothness of toonces.... dont take this offensively... i couldnt do half as good...

are you gunna keep working? cause you should take time... no point rushin!

Rebel_Spy
04-01-2003, 02:51 PM
Jamie take as reference the body of the Old Ben made by Kevin Coyle.

SkiTzoGuy
04-03-2003, 01:10 AM
Looks good...
but i think the robes should be different colors.. like um.. brown and light brown.. like I have seen in numerous pictures... (no offense) just giving you my opinion... and the head looks sorta big and roundish too me.. heck what do i know?
yea... i think you need to be patient and spend more time on body shape..
Keep up with the good work!

PerfectJamie
04-03-2003, 04:40 PM
here are some updates

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10561.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10560.jpg

tell me what you think

Eldritch
04-03-2003, 04:54 PM
*gasps* That's horrid!
It doesn't look like you went and studied how to properly do humanoid anatomy after several people suggested it to you in your last WIP (the now defunct Obi-Wan). It certainly shows here. Look at your own arms. Are they that long? Is your body? Are your feet shaped like that? Come on man, a little more effort is required.

Sorry to be blunt and sound so harsh, but many people are "beating around the bush" here and your model will never improve. The potential is there, but a MAJOR overhaul of the body and head is wholeheartedly suggested.

PerfectJamie
04-03-2003, 05:57 PM
well the length of his hands are set to the length of the arms on the skeleton so I dont think that needs any improvement.

boinga1
04-03-2003, 07:36 PM
it's got potential but it needs major work. aru is right. the dude is too square overall, and most of it is too smooth. add wrinkles! add multiple pieces for the dress! take a lot of time!

Eldritch
04-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by PerfectJamie
well the length of his hands are set to the length of the arms on the skeleton so I dont think that needs any improvement.
Even so, no sleeve in the world is that smooth or straight. They look more like casts or something than sleeves.
Take a look at a jedi sleeve and model that, rather than just making a straight sleeve.

Khier
04-03-2003, 08:46 PM
I think he needs a neck, and the chin needs to be rounded out, the others have explained the problems with the body

Rebel_Spy
04-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Rebel_Spy
Jamie take as reference the body of the Old Ben made by Kevin Coyle.

That model has a long tunic also, and it will help you on the proportions of the body. just a though

.:Solusar:.
04-04-2003, 01:06 AM
Well its a start.. better then the last update..
I was more thinking that Eeth Koth should have like dread locks or sumtin.. I sorta don't like the hair that way.. (opinion) the tunic is better color then before, the head looks too roundish to me.. it should be more skinny. or pointy but not like a cone head..
yea.. it needs more work on it..
Keep on trying.

Eldritch
04-04-2003, 10:28 AM
CyBerNetiX/CyBerFreak,

A couple of things for you to remember since you're new here:

1. Only make one (1) name. If you didn't like your original name, you have the option to save your credits and change names in the store. Two names is a no-no in the rulebook.

2. The forums aren't going anywhere, so before you wear out your mouse/keyboard with 25+ posts a day, stop and think about what you're posting. Quality, not quantity, especially since too many posts will get you labelled as a spammer and can potentially get you in trouble with the mods/admins. It's ok to say a lot, but make sure that what you say is actually worthwhile (and not spam).

Welcome to the forums, and have fun. :)

Crowy
04-04-2003, 11:23 AM
maybe you could convert sometihng like the quigon model have a look at how to make their robes and owrk off them? cause theyve been the smoothest jedi tunics yet... or even ki adi mundiand the reasin the arms look so skinny... make em chunkier or sometihng see if that helps... what else could i say from a fans point of view? uhh the hair needs more polys... (again quigon could be alright for it)

i dont mean to whinge... but ... I AM!!!

boinga1
04-04-2003, 06:49 PM
yes indeed, try to use the toonces robes (or the old ben robes ) at least to build off of if nothing else.

Pnut_Man
04-04-2003, 07:32 PM
I saw those shots of Eeth Koth on massassi.net. I thought the modeller was just throwing on a cheap body so that he could get some proportions in...

If that's what he has so far...*pukes*. No offense but it needs a major redo....

PerfectJamie
04-04-2003, 07:41 PM
ok here are some updates

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10582.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10581.jpg

it has been improved alot! now anyone up to skinning him?

Rebel_Spy
04-04-2003, 07:54 PM
I think that guy could use a neck, don't you think?

PerfectJamie
04-04-2003, 08:26 PM
he has a neck.......from the side its hidden with his hair, but I guess I can put quality in the neck if thats what you meen

Khier
04-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Pnut_Master
I saw those shots of Eeth Koth on massassi.net. I thought the modeller was just throwing on a cheap body so that he could get some proportions in...

If that's what he has so far...*pukes*. No offense but it needs a major redo....

I don't really think this post was necessary at all, I think Jamie is already aware of the things that need to be fixed, several other people have mentioned there needs to be a redo, there really wasn't any positive criticism in your post, or positive anything for that matter. Anyways, as I said before the chin could be rounded out and the head could be skinnier as said by someone else, i agree with rebel spy on him needing a neck, but I think the proportions are a lot better, it just needs some fine tuning, the tunic could use a little more work, I suggest taking the advice of what the others said on working over top of an existing model with good tunic work, I've gotta hand it to you though, Jamie, you've showed a lot of patience with the people who've ragged on your model, although most gave criticism to go along with it, to be honest I was disappointed with the first body shots too, but keep going at it and you'll get there.

Crowy
04-04-2003, 09:16 PM
[Qit has been improved alot... but dont rush it still needs sometihng done about the head size, the biceps need to be fatter... give the clothes more folds... give the hair more texture.. and a slightly bigger nose getting even more picky... from a pic from the starwars.com databank... the hair is longer and tied at the ends with leather... rebel spy is right... it couldnt use a neck... it needs a neck

goto http://www.rebelscum.com/potjeethkoth.asp for photos of the toy work off that for the hair etc. its getting much better and more improved... also i tohught he didnt have a dress as such just a bit of his tunic went straignt down between his legs nearly to the ground...

dont take this the wrong way... i couldnt even model a saber!!!

Crowy
04-04-2003, 09:20 PM
sorry bout spammingish stuff.... but alll the proportions are alot better... jsut keep tweaking though, the longer you work the better it will get
look at that after a few days :D

Crowy
04-04-2003, 09:26 PM
hey i got an idea... maybe you could model his saber and put it in game for use with omnimod just to make him feel that much more... complete

PerfectJamie
04-04-2003, 10:29 PM
I am planning to model his saber :) I will keap working on him!

Eldritch
04-04-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Khier Serakk
I think Jamie is already aware of the things that need to be fixed, several other people have mentioned there needs to be a redo...
I'm not quite sure that he is... he responded to the neck comment, but so far has said nothing about remodeling the other parts of the body that are sorely in need of work.

boinga1
04-05-2003, 12:31 AM
sorry, you're not even close to skinning. the head is too wide, the body is too squarish. the sleeves are better, though.

PerfectJamie
04-05-2003, 12:32 AM
actualy, I remodled his legs, arms, and his body a bit too:evanpiel:

SkiTzoGuy
04-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Thats a good start... Have you done any other models before?... just wondering.. OO and this model is coming out pretty good.. but it still needs a little work...

Crowy
04-05-2003, 09:59 PM
hows the remodelling going man? is it lookin sweet?

PerfectJamie
04-05-2003, 10:25 PM
not sweet but better ;) I will keap going at it till you guys are happy with it :)

Crowy
04-05-2003, 10:44 PM
hey im just happy your actually doing it...

SkiTzoGuy
04-06-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Crowy
hey im just happy your actually doing it...

...yea me too... but he needs too work on the model some more.. it needs a complete makeover... but you are right, he is trying to do this model... anyway back to the subject... hows the model doing? any new updates?

PerfectJamie
04-06-2003, 03:08 AM
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10610.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10609.jpg

here are some updates, tell me what you think about it

Crowy
04-06-2003, 03:22 AM
looking even better again the bicep still needs more... thickness, the dressish thin needs to be shortened... boots need more detail... hair needs a bit of poofyness oh and sometihng someone said to kaiasowapit... cut the sleeves on a 45 dege angleish thing... with the shorter pint on the thumb side...

still needs a bit more neck and a bit smaller head... if you want to see what it looks like you could skin it and all that and release a beta version... get a bit more assistance from other people

i got a question... are you gunna model for jk3 aswell when it comes out?

Crowy
04-06-2003, 03:26 AM
they eyes seem too far away and i was tihnking the dress thing is the right length but its onw of htem sashes that go in between his legs usually isnt it?

SkiTzoGuy
04-06-2003, 03:30 AM
Those updates are not bad. But they are better than before..
I think you fixed the head? well its looks better.. but the thing that caught my eye was the tunic or the robe. I didn't like the many colors.(opinion) but i think they would look beter if they matched like light brown and brown.. or something that matches..
:D Well my friend its getting better..

04-06-2003, 04:28 AM
Looks better.. but there are more things that can be fixed..
SkitzoGuy practically said everything i was goin to say..
If anyone is willing to donate money to me i would greatly appreciate it.. my goal is to get a glowy name :D

PerfectJamie
04-06-2003, 05:21 AM
thx, I will fix all thoughse stuff you mentioned, but next time when you give me suggestions can you write it in English :p. I made him colourful for skinning purposes later :)

04-06-2003, 05:32 AM
thx, I will fix all thoughse stuff you mentioned, but next time when you give me suggestions can you write it in English :p. I made him colourful for skinning purposes later :)

What did you mean by write in English? :eyeraise:

Khier
04-06-2003, 05:57 AM
It looks better, although the chin area still needs to be a bit smaller, it looks like he's got a fat lower face :p, compare the screenshot with your avatar, and you'll see

Originally posted by CyBerNetiX
What did you mean by write in English? :eyeraise:

I think he was referring to Crowy, I was having a little trouble understanding him, too, a little spell check never hurt anyone :p

Crowy
04-06-2003, 06:06 AM
if it was me... what words... cause i just wasnt sure what to call some of dem things

Eldritch
04-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Quit putting colors on the body, man. It only throws people off. Wait until you've got a decent skin. Also, take that image off his face... it's hard to see what you're doing wrong (or right) with the polys if we can't see the details.
That's also the biggest neck I've ever seen. It's wider than his face - look at the picture in your avatar... is his neck that thick?
The robes need more detail as well. No one's clothes are that pressed, even when they've come right from the dry cleaners with lots of starch.
To be honest, it looks more like a 2-D drawing then a 3-D model. Add some details. Look at models that others have done with robes (Saesee Tinn by Psykosith is a good example). And fix the feet, too - it looked like they got crushed by something.

04-07-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Eldritch
Quit putting colors on the body, man. It only throws people off. Wait until you've got a decent skin. Also, take that image off his face... it's hard to see what you're doing wrong (or right) with the polys if we can't see the details.
That's also the biggest neck I've ever seen. It's wider than his face - look at the picture in your avatar... is his neck that thick?
The robes need more detail as well. No one's clothes are that pressed, even when they've come right from the dry cleaners with lots of starch.
To be honest, it looks more like a 2-D drawing then a 3-D model. Add some details. Look at models that others have done with robes (Saesee Tinn by Psykosith is a good example). And fix the feet, too - it looked like they got crushed by something.

Yea.. Do what he said and then well look at it some more to see what needs to be fixed before you finally finish the model. Are there any new updates? if so can we see what it looks like?

Crowy
04-07-2003, 05:15 AM
hes right you know... its hard to see the real deal with all the skin and the face makes him look like a retard cow!

SkiTzoGuy
04-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Well its not really looking like a retard just its not as detailed as all of us would like. hey jamie any new updates on Eeth koth? if so can we look at them? Jeebus can't wait for all of these nice models to come out!

ninja
04-08-2003, 02:22 AM
hey great to know that the ball is rolling. keep up the great work. more power to you.

Crowy
04-08-2003, 06:38 AM
how goes the project jamie? still shuffeling along (oh my lord! did i just say that?) dont feel the need to rush it and get it done for us btw... your life is more important!

PerfectJamie
04-08-2003, 09:27 AM
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10641.jpg

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10640.jpg

here are the updates

ObiKast
04-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Mutch Better :)

ninja
04-08-2003, 06:57 PM
cool.

boinga1
04-08-2003, 07:37 PM
it looks better, but you should make the dress 4 pices (right front, left front, right rear, left rear) at least so that the robe appears to move more, and to prevent clipping. OBSERVE THE TOONCES MODELS TO SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!! Also, the dress itself needs to rounded off more, it's a little too 'square' around the ankles.

Shotokan
04-09-2003, 02:06 AM
um... i dont really like the diffrnt colors... but if you can make some major improvement.. itll be a must have

04-09-2003, 04:49 AM
Jamie you there? hows the modeling business for you? anyway can we look at an update on Eeth Koth? if you made any changes. :confused: whatever you don't make this model die!..

PerfectJamie
04-09-2003, 08:09 AM
well I am working on it, Ill be back thx for all your supports

Crowy
04-09-2003, 08:21 AM
the cheeks need to go in a bit.... give the hair more tihckness otherwise it will look like a mullet, your sleeves are cut straight... like that _ put em like \ but on alot less that 45 degrees... the sleeves on the forearm need to go in a bit and out a bit at the biceps hes still got too much of a dress on... on nearly all pics ive seen he wears pants and a long sash

but it looks much better without the colours on ima go have a looksee at ep2 see what other ideas i can give

Crowy
04-09-2003, 09:31 AM
but i forgot to say compered to the original... looking much better!!! much much much better
i jsut watched a few scenes for aotc couldnt find any decent shots of him

(im glad to have had my 100th post to be about htis model)

04-10-2003, 12:39 AM
Jamie if you change the colors of the robe and do some more detailed work on the head and put texturizings on the robe then i think you would be just about done with the model. thats the only problems with this modle. or from what i think. anyway good luck!:D

SkiTzoGuy
04-10-2003, 12:52 AM
I agree with CyBerNetiX there.
Yea i would think this model will be very good if all those things were fixed then after that you can give us a update on this model then well help you do the rest. :p :D

PerfectJamie
04-10-2003, 08:16 AM
wow, at last! my long chalenge is almost comeing to an end! I will be back soon with all the things you mentioned fixed!

Crowy
04-10-2003, 10:02 AM
make sure a good skinner does the skinning otherwise ti will look overly tacky!

04-11-2003, 01:04 AM
make sure a good skinner does the skinning otherwise ti will look overly tacky!

Either get a good skinner or a good modeler, either way that would be good, unless you give it to a person that doesn't know what to do, that would be the pits. Anyway Jamie wants you get us the updates well try to help you as good as we can. I hope it looks better but we wouldn't know cause there are no updates yet.

SkiTzoGuy
04-11-2003, 04:58 AM
So how is this model doing? huh? i hope its going good and smooth. Well I hope you did everything right jamie. if in doubt just give us a um update then well help ya out;)

Crowy
04-11-2003, 06:13 AM
yeah updates are kewl

Khier
04-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Ok guys, just slow down a bit, he'll get some updates when he wants to, it's only been a day or two, so I don't think the model can be declared dead yet :p. Sometimes it can be a long time before a modeller gets back in touch with a WIP, but I think Jamie will post something pretty soon here.

PerfectJamie
04-11-2003, 10:59 PM
ok I may be done now, I added thoughs four horns on the front of Eeth Koth's face. one problem is that he is a bit high poly.....does Jk2 have a restriction on polies?

04-11-2003, 11:15 PM
ok I may be done now, I added thoughs four horns on the front of Eeth Koth's face. one problem is that he is a bit high poly.....does Jk2 have a restriction on polies?

Actually if you look very closely you will see that he has five horns on his forehead. Anyway I don't think Jk2 has a policy for polycount. But it is good to have a certain amount. that i don't know how much.

Crowy
04-12-2003, 01:23 AM
1000 to 3500 if im right is the recomended... dont quote me tho

Crowy
04-12-2003, 01:31 AM
a final screenie is in order!!!
i cant wait... release like version 1.0 and keep workin :D or start another project and come back

Crowy
04-14-2003, 05:18 AM
perfectjamie, can you give us an update on eeth koth? jus a little curious

Crowy
04-14-2003, 07:53 AM
i dont know if youve thought about this... but when it comes time... i would be honoured if you will let me beta test the model...

cause whoever done mara jade forgot to model a segment in the elbows making it look crappy...
and i dont what schyt like that happening for a jedi like eeth koth :D

PerfectJamie
04-14-2003, 08:29 AM
well I would love to give an update but my host (massassi.net) is down these days, I need someone to fit him to the jk2 skeleton too if anybody is willing to do that for me

PerfectJamie
04-15-2003, 07:05 PM
ok here are some updates, I think I'm ready to have him skinned

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10675.jpg
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10674.jpg

and his lightsaber
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/10676.jpg

Eldritch
04-15-2003, 08:45 PM
*looks at pictures*
I give up...

*puts Eeth on 'Do Not Download Under Any Circumstances List'*

04-15-2003, 10:50 PM
hey it could have been worse but, in my opinion it still needs a lot of work!.. Jamie who is going to skin your model? how bout give it to like psykosith or toonces to redo the whole thing. Anyway I still think you need to work on it more.

gt r?
04-15-2003, 10:54 PM
rofl Eldritch, i understand ur deception...look Jamie, his nose looks WAY too big and i think his arms and legs arent fat and short enough.Try to make him look like Eeth Koth.........

Ne0|eD3N :mex1:

Crowy
04-16-2003, 04:11 AM
the head would out weigh his body
make it smaller

the front peices of hair make thicker

make the tunic baggier fro mthe elbows up

detail the bottom half alot more!

give him more hair on general otherwise eeth koth will have come back from the barbers with what looks like a mullet

thats about it roughly

ps: can you send me the saber before release? thats if its jedimod compatible :D
my email address is disturbed_crow@hotmail.com
ill tell you what its like in game

PerfectJamie
04-16-2003, 08:14 AM
ok.....so do you guys think I should continue on him? I am loosing the wanting to work any longer.....this may become one of my personal project that will eventualy forgoten......I may redo him again

Crowy
04-16-2003, 09:41 AM
oh you should release a beta version... try a bit of meshing, weighting... see how it looks you know... but... releasing doesnt mean finishing ;) if ya know what i mean

if not i mean you can release it out of the way and come back later and fix it

do you have 3d studiomax?

PerfectJamie
04-16-2003, 05:13 PM
thats one more problem :(
anybody willing to do the skeleton stuff for me?

Khier
04-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Unless you're pretty sure you're going to go back and try and finish the model, I'd hand it to another modeller to redo it.

SkiTzoGuy
04-16-2003, 11:41 PM
If i was going to give it to a modeler, it would be toonces or psykosith or someone else.

Crowy
04-17-2003, 12:07 AM
but people like toonces and psyko are usually busy with their own stuff...

off topic: what i want next is coleman trebor :D

04-17-2003, 12:59 AM
but people like toonces and psyko are usually busy with their own stuff...

off topic: what i want next is coleman trebor :D

Yes that is true, but they can put Eeth Koth on the waiting list. And yes i want coleman Trebar to be made. Hes so cool. Too bad he died by Jango fett:( But I guess that is the way things go.

Rebel_Spy
04-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Jamie, don't give up dude, you only need more practice that's all.

Crowy
04-17-2003, 11:22 PM
hey rebel, perhaps you could aid jamie!!!

04-18-2003, 03:27 AM
hey rebel, perhaps you could aid jamie!!!

Crowy that is a great suggestion!.. Good thinking man.. Yea Jamie are you going to help this guy?:confused: If so that would be Super. If not thats still ok cause there are still a lot of modelers out there that might want to take a stab at Eeth Koth.

Crowy
04-18-2003, 05:58 AM
i tihnk jamie should jsut get help releasing it, he can improve later, as ive said before im glad someones doing it :D and besides, we dont know what it will look like in game till it skinned :D

i meant rebel could help "fitting" it to the jk skeleton

Darth_Kitty
04-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Jamie, the model looks great.

The polycount in JKII is :

LOD 1 500
LOD 2 1500
LOD 3 3000

But like my Snake model you can get higher. There is really no way in hell you can go over the polycount. The only reason people make models under the LOD3 is because most PC's aren't that good and it's too hard on there's.

I say, release it when people say it's done. As an artist, you will NEVER feel that it is good yet. Look at Snake (www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/1.jpg , www.awardwinningdesign.net/uploads/2.jpg)

I belive there is way more I can do on him, but everyone on the modding scene (UT QIII JKII MP HL ect ect ect) say's it's the best model of him ever. But I can't leave him alone! LOL :D

So release it when you get some people that say it's done.

I hope this helps and once again, GREAT work on the model :D

04-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Wow nice snake model you got there!. Anyway Jamie i hope you make the right decision in this and I hope its a good one, anyway good luck with whatever you are going to do, and i hope this model will be a SUCCESS.:D

Darth_Kitty
04-18-2003, 03:03 PM
*bump for jamie!*:D

SkiTzoGuy
04-18-2003, 06:38 PM
hey jamie how is this model doing?.. Whats the scoop on your idea about giving to another modeler or skinner?.. I hope you make the right decision.

Crowy
04-18-2003, 07:49 PM
its his model, his rendition of how eeth koth looks, i personally think he should release it!

04-18-2003, 08:16 PM
Nah i don't think it needs to be released right now, I still think this model needs more or a lot more work on it in order for it to be released. I still needs more detail and texturization and all of that stuff. So Jamie if you are going to give it to someone to model or skin it, choose a good modeler.;)

Crowy
04-18-2003, 08:44 PM
well personally i tihnk jamie is getting sick of it and should release a beta and work on it again some other day

PerfectJamie
04-18-2003, 09:33 PM
well, I made my choice......I will compeletly redo him from scratch

04-18-2003, 09:53 PM
well, I made my choice......I will compeletly redo him from scratch

:eek: from, from scratch? Wow that is a big jumb for this model. I hope you know what you are going to do. I wish you good luck with the model you are going to redo. :D

Crowy
04-18-2003, 10:51 PM
WOW!!! IM TOTALLY SHOCKED!! EVEN I DIDNT EXPECT THAT!!!

SkiTzoGuy
04-18-2003, 11:35 PM
Well i didn't expect that to happen I thought this model was going to be given to someone else. I hope the next model will be better or improved a lot.;)

Darth_Kitty
04-19-2003, 12:48 AM
WOW! You must be really into modeling! HEHEHE heck, I would just like kill myself if I had to redo a new model... I think the current one is ok though. But hey, it's not my art so...GO FOR IT!:D

Crowy
04-19-2003, 04:47 AM
i thought it was alright, jus' not perfect

04-19-2003, 04:58 AM
The model was ok, but there were some areas that seriously needed to be fixed, like the head, hair, tunic, or robe whatever, um colors and others but thats not as important as the ones above, unless i am mistaken.:rolleyes: :D

PerfectJamie
04-19-2003, 07:59 AM
well, this time I am not going to make the many mistakes I made, wish me luck, I'll post next once i have something showable

Crowy
04-19-2003, 09:10 AM
perhap you should get it clsoed and start again when your ready so you dont get people like me and others annoying you :D

04-19-2003, 03:00 PM
heh, Jamie just take you time and do your best!, make different variations of the model, like make more then one robe and post then so we could vote on it, and stuff like that.:D

Rebel_Spy
05-01-2003, 12:41 AM
Jaime, any news on Eeth Koth?

jp-30
05-01-2003, 03:41 AM
Instead of starting from scratch, why not use an existing model, such as Mace Windo (with the modellers permission, of course) and modify it by adding the horns, and adjusting the clothing, and the head shape etc to get a good likeness?

That way, you 'll have the proportions worked out, and it will be a short project, rather than a long, daunting one.

As you get more practice, you'll improve and the proportions will become second nature.

:D

Crowy
05-01-2003, 03:51 AM
eeth koth wears a much much longer tunic that windu... its like a dress with a cut at the legs sort of thing.... but still a good idea

jp-30
05-01-2003, 04:06 AM
Well, use one of the ANH Obi Wan models as a base. It was the concept, not the actual model that I was trying to get across.

So maybe take the Obi Wan torso & legs, and the Windu head and weld them together, if that's viable (again, asking permission from both modellers). Bung some horns on, tweak the mesh here and there....

Crowy
05-01-2003, 04:24 AM
mine came out wrong... it wouldnt take much to do so... off of windu... i tihnk ben kenobi is too... fat for eeth...???

jp-30... would you skin it if he could get it unwrapped?

jp-30
05-01-2003, 08:14 PM
> i tihnk ben kenobi is too... fat for eeth...???

So, you use your modelling program to thin him down. The big criticism of the Eeth Koth is that the proportions were all wrong. If you start with a well proportioned model as a base, and then tweak it with the clothes, accessories, fatness/thinness etc you'll get a lot further a lot quicker.

> jp-30... would you skin it if he could get it unwrapped?

Yeah. I said I would have a go at the last (abandoned) version in the Skinning Forum thread.

boinga1
05-03-2003, 02:45 AM
encore. a modeller willing to start from scratch to get high quality. Good thinking.

ninja
07-31-2003, 06:49 AM
this may be a little late but heres some reference pics. http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJeethkoth.asp

CraZy_B
08-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by ninja
this may be a little late but heres some reference pics. http://www.rebelscum.com/POTJeethkoth.asp

Will you include that hanging thingie between his legs? --What lol:D The clothes like on the pic that is;)

CraZy_B
08-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Double post! sorry

Crowy
08-08-2003, 03:14 AM
perfect jamie hasnt posted here since... well ages... so im guessing thateeth koth (perfect jamies at least) is dead!!!

CraZy_B
08-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Yeah:( , but I hope Aaron Smith finishes his.

Darkjedi3000
08-09-2003, 09:28 PM
i'm kinda confused is this model finished or what?

CraZy_B
08-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Crowy is right. It's most likely dead:(