PDA

View Full Version : need some help!!!! please.....

shukrallah
03-13-2003, 06:53 PM
ok o i just started making cutscenes :D but there is one problem, i made the cutscnes, and a small level to test it, but when i load the level, and go to where the cutscene start, it says it cant load scripts/cin/caml.ibi

caml is the cutscene name, and yes i compiled it, and the level works fine, it jst it cant load the cutscene!!!!! and i checked the directory

lucasarts/starwarsjkII/gamedata/base/scripts/cin/caml.ibi

the file was there, so whats wronge?

thanks in advanced:)
-lukeskywalker1

000nate
03-13-2003, 07:41 PM
oh ok. I see what you did. The scripts directory is already in by default. So by typing in lucasarts/starwarsjkII/gamedata/base/scripts/cin/caml.ibi as the directory it really looks it as .........................scripts/lucasarts/starwarsjkII/gamedata/base/scripts/cin/caml.ibi

So its realy quite simple. In your case just type in:
cin/caml.ibi

There you go that should work. Also your directory should never be set to the lucasarts folder. Always start it with the directory, knowing that it automatically looks at base and trys to find the directory from there. In this case though it will look at the base/scripts dir. and you need to specify that from there.

shukrallah
03-13-2003, 10:44 PM
no, i checked it the directory is right, i know what u mean, but when i saved it i didnt type a directory, i just typed the name of the file, so then i compiled it, and ran SP, the level worked but the cutscene didnt, it couldnt load it, but the file was there. oh wait one question

the script didrectory is it supposed to be in the gamedata directoery, or the gamedata/base directory? its in my game data base directory, is that right, i might not have it set up right......

Leslie Judge
03-14-2003, 04:12 AM
That's OK, it has to be in the base directory. But what do you give to the target_scriptrunner as usesscript?

shukrallah
03-14-2003, 04:32 PM
i was following a tutorial, i might have misspelled something, this is my 1st cutscene, so im just learning, ill retry the tutorial, if i still have problems ill come back to this thread......

dvader28
03-14-2003, 06:08 PM
also, don't forget to leave off the .ibi extension when calling a script.