View Full Version : New Spawns?
03-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Could someone help me on how to create new spawns? I have all the skin files and everything needed, i just dont know how to actually make it. Thanx
03-16-2003, 03:33 PM
What are you trying to make?
03-16-2003, 04:37 PM
i downloaded the jerec, maw, and Lord Rive (duality fanfilm) skins and bots for multiplayer, but, they jump around, making it impossible to fight them. I would like to create spawns enabling me to spawn them in singleplayer, making the fights more realistic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
03-16-2003, 06:10 PM
they jump around because you were using a player-made map without bot support. you can use any one of the maps that came with the game and fight them.
03-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by GOB1029
I would like to create spawns enabling me to spawn them in singleplayer
I never tried this, but maybe, go to NPC.cfg in the assets0/ext_data folder and make a new entry using the model, skin, etc. of the NPCs you want to fight. Customize the skills and give it a sabercolor. Than put it into a pk3 and put it in the base folder.
I am answering this purely out of guess. I gave this little thought, but it seems logical.
03-17-2003, 11:31 AM
Okay, I have done this several times with my personal SP mod. I am thinking of this off the top of my head, so I might leave something out, but you basically do the following. Suppose you want to add Jerec to the game so you can spawn him (I have actually done this):
1. extract the Jerec model. You only need the model and textures. You don't need the bot files.
2. This is the important part. The directory name of the model needs to contain the name of the type of character you want him to be. I think you can use the majority of generic NPC types, such as rebel and jedi for good guys, and stormtrooper and reborn for bad guys. If you don't do this, the game gets confused with how he holds his saber, and other things. I assume you will want Jerec to be a reborn type. So, rename the directory to something like models/players/reborn_jerec
3. Now go into that directory and open the model_default.skin in a text editor. Replace the "jerec" part of the paths to "reborn_jerec". NOTE: if you are adding models with surface turned off with a .surf file, you need to edit the model_default.skin file so that it is turned off in SP. For example, if you wanted to turn off a belt, in the .skin file you would change the belt entry to "belt,clear".
4. Now our model is ready to be put in SP. Extract the NPCS.cfg file from assets0.cfg. Open that up in a text editor and copy and past the entry for the Reborn. This will be the entry for Jerec.
5. Change the name of the title (Reborn) to Reborn_Jerec.
6. For the "model" entry, change it to reborn_jerec. This tells the game where the model and textures are.
7. If you wish, you can edit the other fields like hitpoints and saber colour.
8. Repeat this process for all the other models you want to add to the game. Remember to make sure you put all your new entries in this one npcs.cfg file, otherwise when the game loads some will be missing because some will be overwritten.
9. Zip up the models into .pk3 files and put in your base directory. Also, zip up the npcs.cfg into a .pk3 and put it in the base directory also.
10. go into SP, pull down the console, and type "npc spawn reborn_jerec". Jerec should pop up and kick your ass :)
Hope that helps! :)
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.