PDA

View Full Version : hArd Question

RandomMonkey
03-17-2003, 05:11 PM
I wanna fuse together the lava texture on water to get lava that u can sink into, I tried to just place the texture on water but lighting didnt work, or if I could make it emit light, either way can someone giveme a basic tutorial of shader ed and how to do this?? or if they know of an easier way

RandomMonkey
03-17-2003, 07:49 PM
SOMEONE plz ANSWER

RandomMonkey
03-17-2003, 08:03 PM
like does this not make sence cause im gona make it easier . Can anytell me where to get a tutorial on how to use shader ed

master_thomas
03-17-2003, 08:18 PM
You have shader ed.

Open up the lava texture using open with and select shader ed. Hopefully, shader ed will open. Click on the shader flap and you will get a whole bunch of check and text boxes. Find water or liquid and check it. Then save it under the shaders folder as a shader.

I think that will do it, but please, next time, keep it on the original thread (In this case, the lava one you posted earlier[LAVA and ELEVATORS]) since you are new, I won't be too upset with this, but it is courteous to others.

RandomMonkey
03-17-2003, 08:31 PM
umm what do you mean by shader flap, and ill try to not post different threads again.

master_thomas
03-17-2003, 10:52 PM
My apoligies, I explained this badly. I never made a shader of my own, I only edited existing ones to emmit light etc. Tab is the word I was looking for.

Sorry. It worked for slightly modifying shaders, but I have no idea what I'm doing :(. I was hoping to help you and learn to do this myself, but I don't know how to make new shaders using shader ed. Someone plz help us! I tried a lava texture in shaders (blending), but it appeared in the picture preview only sometimes. The whole thing confuses me.:confused:

RandomMonkey
03-18-2003, 06:38 AM
I dont even see a shader tab mabye I have a messed up version of shader ed or somethink