PDA

View Full Version : Super Mods make the world move.... or atleast LF.....

ZBomber
03-18-2003, 06:14 PM
At the bottom of Lucasforums, theres a list of everyone that is on. I think Super Mods should be in Italics. If a new member needs to report a troll (Or anyone who hasn't memorized the adminastration list... not that I have *looks around nervously*, they might report it to a regular mod, who cannot ban. If not italics, it should be different from bold atleast. ;)
Thanks
-Z

Lynk Former
03-18-2003, 06:27 PM
He's got a point actually, Super Mods and regular garden variety Mods are very different, if you need a quick banning you must turn to the super mods...

Wraith 8
03-19-2003, 07:57 AM
*the buzzer for a wrong answer just went off*

im sorry.. you didnt get the right answer ;)
there are 2 moderators on the LF who have the abbilaty to temp ban persons.

they are:
Jan Gaarni
Wraith 8.

We got that power because of the last couple of people who messed up our forums at SWG.net....

So your not entirely right :p

-Wraith 8-

Rogue Nine
03-19-2003, 09:05 AM
Well...regardless, Zbomb's suggestion does hold merit. The regulars know who the supermods are, but some relatively new people might not. A differentiation at the bottom would certainly clear up confusion.

Lynk Former
03-19-2003, 09:55 AM
It's hard to make a new thing for the super mods cause everything is already underlined, bold italic is for the admins... why not make em colours then? Red for admin, blue for super mod, green for mod... *shrugs* or somethin? :D

Wraith 8
03-19-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
It's hard to make a new thing for the super mods cause everything is already underlined, bold italic is for the admins... why not make em colours then? Red for admin, blue for super mod, green for mod... *shrugs* or somethin? :D like you forums right?

ZBomber
03-19-2003, 10:03 PM
Thanks for clearing me up Wraithy. But the majority of regular mods aren't special like you. :D:p

Lynk Former
03-19-2003, 10:03 PM
Yeah, well I don't use VB, I use Invision Boards... but yeah, in my forum Admins are listed as bold red, mods are bold blue...

swphreak
03-19-2003, 11:19 PM
it can be color coded:

Admins : Hold ultimate power
Super Mods : You don't wanna mess with 'em
Mods : what can they do? j/k :p :D

acdcfanbill
03-20-2003, 05:50 AM
well if need be, scroll to the bottom of lucasforums main page and click your way onto 'forum leaders' that will list all the admin andsuper mods, and highlight those online :D

Lynk Former
03-20-2003, 05:56 AM
yeah but most ppl are lazy and aren't observant so :p

scabb
03-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Those people will be less likely to notice "trolling" or whatever it's called, then; and also too lazy to report it.

Hannibal
03-20-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm not against this. It sounds good to me.

But if a newbie is reporting somebody won't they just click the "report this post to a moderator" link?
I was just thinking why would I go out on the front page and look for someone to report it to if I could just click that link.

People wanted an extra link for the store so they wouldn't have to go to the Lucasforums front page. That's how lazy people are.:)

There should be something though to seperate the Admins, from the Super-Mods and us lowly regular Mods.:D

Mex
03-20-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
the Super-Mods and us lowly regular Mods.:D

What about us regular non-mod members? :( :D

EDIT: Hannibal your signiture takes quick long to load..

Acrylic
03-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
It's hard to make a new thing for the super mods cause everything is already underlined, bold italic is for the admins... why not make em colours then? Red for admin, blue for super mod, green for mod... *shrugs* or somethin? :D

Kinda like on Kjolen's forums?

http://www.mimayhem.com/forums/index.php

ZBomber
03-21-2003, 07:13 PM
Maybe:
Mod: Bold
Super-mod: Italics
Admin: Bold and Italics

Rogue Nine
03-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Why do the mods get the bold? Bullcrap.

:p

Lynk Former
03-21-2003, 08:59 PM
That's what I was thinking, bold holds more power over italic!

leXX
03-21-2003, 09:29 PM
lol, will you lot listen to yourselves! :lol:

Doesn't matter to me, I'm invisible...

*disapears in a puff of smoke*

ZBomber
03-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Rogue Nine
Why do the mods get the bold? Bullcrap.

:p

Becuase Mods now have bold, and admins have italics. Dipcrap :p

Hekx
03-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Names in Bold are forum Moderators. Names in Bold & Italics are forum Administrators.I think Z has a good idea. Super Mods should have their names in Italic.
You have my vote. ;)

Lynk Former
03-22-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Becuase Mods now have bold, and admins have italics. Dipcrap :p

*stares blankly at Z*

did you just call Niner "dipcrap"?

Rogue Nine
03-22-2003, 07:14 AM
He better not have, if he's knows what's good for him.

Super Mods have bold would be inherently better because italics don't show up as well as bolded font does amongst so many names. The S Mods have the ability to ban, making them more important against trolls and users have to be quick about warning one to take action. Thus, a bolded name would be much better as it stands out.

ZBomber
03-22-2003, 02:06 PM
He better not have, if he's knows what's good for him.

Super Mods have bold would be inherently better because italics don't show up as well as bolded font does amongst so many names. The S Mods have the ability to ban, making them more important against trolls and users have to be quick about warning one to take action. Thus, a bolded name would be much better as it stands out.

Yes, because you suck, squared. :p

Look, I don't really care if its bold, italics, wahetver, just do my idea. :p

Hekx
03-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Okay, super mods can have bold. It just makes it more work to do. :p

Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators

Names in Italics are forum Moderators. Names in Bold are super Moderators. Names in Bold & Italics are forum Administrators.

Wraith 8
03-22-2003, 03:11 PM
do we lowly mods have anything to say about this whole deal? :D

ZBomber
03-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Nope. :p

Rogue Nine
03-23-2003, 12:36 AM
Who died and made you boss?

mercatfat
03-23-2003, 01:09 AM
Well, I can't speak for Rogue 9, but I think the majority of Super Mods and Admins don't really care. I don't, and from the lack of Super Mods and Admins having anything to say, I can only assume that we're fine as is.

Us upper class don't concern ourselves with petty things like italics, name glows and sig images. If you've been around here any amount of time, you'd know that we want nothing but high-class accessories. Midi profiles, for example.

Rogue Nine
03-23-2003, 01:46 AM
Accessories? Pah. I've not used the damn points thing except to donate to those who are wrapped up in it. Fancy-shmansy. Boo.

Lynk Former
03-23-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Hkx Nx
Administrators
Super Moderators
Moderators

That looks good.

ZBomber
03-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Who died and made you boss?

*puts gun back into holster*
Rhett :D

Jed
03-23-2003, 02:59 PM
Accessories? Pah. I've not used the damn points thing except to donate to those who are wrapped up in it. Fancy-shmansy. Boo.

I couldn't agree with you more.

The store is for the weak :p

Mex
03-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Jedi220
I couldn't agree with you more.

The store is for the weak :p

*Runs off crying*

:(

ZBomber
03-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Captain wing