PDA

View Full Version : Steamy sound steam

Livingdeadjedi
03-20-2003, 02:07 PM
I am trying to get the steam in my level to make a steam sound

i could do this by rigging up a system of speakers and delays to the steam fx so it plays the steam at the right moment

but is there an easier way because putting soundset steam_lp into the entity window doesnt work

Livingdeadjedi
03-20-2003, 02:33 PM
ooh hold on scrub that idea =]
i found the bmodel sound for jumpstream

now i have another problem EEEEEK :p

the steam delays and randomizes perfectly
BUT dissaster
the soundset continually plays it doesnt wait for the steam to do its bit first =[[[[[[
HEEEELP
how do i make the soundset trigger only when the steam triggers itself
if i target the steam with a delay it just stays off

Leslie Judge
03-20-2003, 03:35 PM
What if you make an altered version of the steam effect which includes sound in the .efx itself?

Livingdeadjedi
03-20-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Leslie Judge
What if you make an altered version of the steam effect which includes sound in the .efx itself?

sounds like a good idea, but i looked in effects Ed and theres no option for adding a sound

i did try cheating and loading it in wordpad and making a new entry called sound HEHE but in effects ed it thinks thats a shader LOL

all i want is some steam that makes a noise when it shoots out =[ like the fire in bespin_undercity

Leslie Judge
03-20-2003, 06:37 PM
Trust me, you can add sound to an effect. Take a look at the effects/env/meteor*.efx files. :D

You can make a new segment for an effect with that little magic wand tool button. Select sound from the list.

Anakin
03-21-2003, 04:01 AM
LDJ get hold of me soon and I will show you how mate :p